PDA

View Full Version : Navasota/Wharton update?

Chris Hart
10-03-2003, 09:27 PM
Anyone?

ctownqb
10-03-2003, 10:46 PM
somebody has to know something

beefy
10-03-2003, 11:15 PM
Navasota wins 28 to 6

ctownqb
10-03-2003, 11:20 PM
do u know any stats

Gobbla2001
10-03-2003, 11:45 PM
Did Wharton's lack of discipline get 'em?

Man, that's a shame, they have some of the best athletes in the state on this team, if they could just get their heads right... Real sad...

Bandera YaYa
10-04-2003, 12:37 AM
Chris Hart:
Anyone?Well apparently you were not at the BAndera Game as YOU said you were! I think someone played a joke on me.....I met several 3aer's at our game, at least they said they were from Burnet and were posters on here...one said he was Chris Hart...but couldn't be if he was on here at 9:47 ...I guess the joke is on me! :rolleyes:

Strike Fast
10-04-2003, 02:44 AM
Navasota 29 - Wharton 6

Strike Fast
10-04-2003, 02:53 AM
Navasota's Chris Smith had about 160 yds. rushing. Nav. QB Scott Martin had about 200 yds. passing.

Wharton's QB was held to just 40 yds. passing.

the tigers are back
10-04-2003, 06:59 AM
I went to the game and i really thought that Whatrton would win this one,but they had at least 3 times the receivers had to ball in their hands,but dropped it.I see smith had 160 yards,but hey man that guy is just like earl campbell they gonna run him to death.I wa at the game and i saw alot of bellville boys wearing their letterman's jackets,and the ratttlers said they should have stayed home.I then heard these words from the rattlers ,who do we scrimmage next,but let me say this navasota you will lose at least one you'll distict games.I know sometimes these teams can really get the big heads.One of the rattlers fans told bellville coach we coming for you'll too.I just say this don't count your eggs before they hatch.I saw the game and if navasota secondary play loose like that on bellville; i feel for you'll.I promise that bellville and Stafford will put some passing yards on the papers. wink

BrahmaMom
10-04-2003, 10:20 AM
Glad to hear there were Brahmas in Wharton, I'm sure they were glad they went to see what they'd be facing. Bellville22, were you there? What'd you think?

KL3
10-04-2003, 11:55 AM
Bellville22 is in Dallas this weekend. He was maybe going to watch the Ennis/Marlin game, not sure if he did.

FormerBellvilleBrahma
10-04-2003, 09:15 PM
# 5 BJ Miles, was hurt in the game last night, he went up for a pass, and when he came down, he stayed on the ground. He was not moving at all, they carried him out on a strechter. Is there a update on his condition?

Bellville22
10-05-2003, 08:39 PM
Yea, i was up north of Dallas this weekend, so didn't make it to Wharton. Got a report after the game from someone at the game. Said Navasota played solid, but had some weaknesses, still expect a great game against Bellville. I didn't go to the Ennis/Marlin game either, I knew it would get ugly, but had no idea they'd put up 68, that's impressive.

Bellville22
10-05-2003, 08:51 PM
Don't know if the Navasota players/fans really said those things to Bellville players/coaches, but if they did, I love it! Stuff like that always makes me feel better about going into what should be a good game. If I recall, I think there were some gestures made to Bellville players last year at the LG game by the Marlin players... we all know how that turned out.

whtfbplaya
10-05-2003, 08:52 PM
wharton underthrew two possible tds and then dropped about 8 other passes. they also had a int and then fumbled it and navasota ran it in for a td. navasota was pretty good, but the score was alot different than the game.

bc 76
10-05-2003, 10:10 PM
Whtfbplya wharton defense did play a bit better but they are too slow as far as there down linemen.If whartons does not make any changes soon they will not make the playoffs.If whartons def cord going to keep running that defense he needs to go with a faster defense.We are almost giving up 295 yds rushing on defense are 2nd leading tackler is the starting safety that should tell you something.We have some kids that can play they really need to start looking at some of the other kids on defense who have more speed and are hungry to play.There is no reason to have that many kids going both ways the starting defense front line is not cutting it.

cunbed10
10-06-2003, 01:03 PM
Bellville22:
Don't know if the Navasota players/fans really said those things to Bellville players/coaches, but if they did, I love it! Stuff like that always makes me feel better about going into what should be a good game. If I recall, I think there were some gestures made to Bellville players last year at the LG game by the Marlin players... we all know how that turned out.last year was last year let's concentrate on Navasota, and then Sealy, the Bulldogs are licking ther wounds now, but we will be fine, leave the worry to the coaches and players, not the posters.

KL3
10-06-2003, 03:07 PM
It's funny seeing a Marlin fan say "lets worry about this year and not last year." For a while there, last year's Bellville/Marlin game was all Marlin people talked about, or should i say whined about?