PDA

View Full Version : District of Doom #2?

oldtownag
11-17-2011, 09:13 PM
Kilgore and Tatum may be joining 3A. I know they will not all go in the same district but how is the UIL going to split up the following cluster of teams?

Gilmer, Chapel Hill, Lindale, Henderson, Kilgore, Tatum, Henderson, Carthage

Look at a map. The farthest schools apart are Carthage and Gilmer which are now in the same district.

NastySlot
11-17-2011, 10:43 PM
Kilgore and Tatum may be joining 3A. I know they will not all go in the same district but how is the UIL going to split up the following cluster of teams?

Look at a map. The farthest schools apart are Carthage and Gilmer which are now in the same district.

you could say Henderson again......oh wait you did.

maybe Lindale will make a good run and get them a ring this season.....then every program in that district will have them.

Ernest T Bass
11-17-2011, 10:47 PM
There is zero point zero doubt that Lindale will go 4a next season. I would expect them to replace Kilgore in 14-4a. Im sure John Tyler, Marshall, and Whitehouse will welcome them with open arms.

Saggy Aggie
11-18-2011, 01:44 AM
LaMarque*
El Campo*
Brazosport*
Bay City*
Columbia (11-0 ranked #7 in 3A)
Sweeny (Currently in the 2nd round of the reg 4 div 2 playoffs. Was a regional finalist in 2010.)

* indicates currently in 4A

LM plaed for the 4a state championship in 2010.

This is a possibility next year. Dont know that it gets much tougher than that.

buckeyebob
11-18-2011, 03:41 AM
Within the cluster...Gladewater, Spring Hill, Pittsburg, Bullard...East Texas is getting crowded with 3A...I can say that in any other district, G-H2O & Pitt would be in the playoffs.

Saggy Aggie
11-18-2011, 08:32 AM
LaMarque*
El Campo*
Brazosport*
Bay City*
Columbia (11-0 ranked #7 in 3A)
Sweeny (Currently in the 2nd round of the reg 4 div 2 playoffs. Was a regional finalist in 2010.)

* indicates currently in 4A

LM plaed for the 4a state championship in 2010.

This is a possibility next year. Dont know that it gets much tougher than that. I'll go step farther than you bob and say nearly every team I have listed could win reg 4, with the exception of maybe Bport.

CHS_89
11-18-2011, 09:35 AM

Brutal!!! Looks like there will be a great game every week to attend. I need to get me a house on Lake of the Pines. Fishing and football, nothing finer.