PDA

View Full Version : Heck,why not...Devine Warhorses 12-0 vs Gonzales Apaches 12-0

Los Owls
11-17-2011, 06:23 PM
Might as well get ready for next week....I see this game being played at the Alamodome....:clap::1popcorn::2thumbsup

Sadler and boys over Indian nation... 35 -14:eek:

YTBulldogs
11-17-2011, 06:29 PM
Could be in a few weeks. Just as good a chance as any other possible matchup down the road IMO. Who want's it amongst these 4 teams?

I will promise ya one thing though Los Owls. That will not be the margin of victory you posted and Sadler will be hit harder then he's been hit all year "if" that game happens.

Can't give my prediction yet. But, it would be a lot closer.

Los Owls
11-17-2011, 06:33 PM
Might as well get ready for next week....I see this game being played at the Alamodome....:clap::1popcorn::2thumbsup

I think this game will be played in 2 weeks and not next week..Still sticking with the score though.....c'mon apaches and horses we want to see this match....

Sportshack
11-17-2011, 06:35 PM

Got to wait another week! They would meet in round 4. I expect it to be Wimberley and LH renewing an old and impressive rivalry! Anyone from WHS and LH remember the incredibly intense freshman game in 2009 when these seniors were fish? Of course Sweeny, Orange Grove, Rio Hondo and Wharton might have different ideas. You just keep on trying to validate your season Los Owls!!! :stirpot::)

Now Los Owls...you see those icons right...just messing with ya! You have chosen to ride your Warhorse and you could just be right!!!! However, if you feel that the reportedly great Gonzales defense that held Hondo to 3 points late in game could not hold Devine to under 35 points then I do not see how you think Gonzales will beat Wimberley. The Owls held the Warhorses to 12 in first half and just wilted in 2nd half when Devine defense clamped down and adrenaline from rivalry game wore off.

I am actually not saying you will not get your match up...just saying it would seem you are being a bit disingenuous to assume that Devine will just crush Gonzales. Now you might not think that Gonzales can score enough against the Devine defense. MAybe you are right. I am definitely not sold on Devine defense. If that is case they will not score much against Wimberley either, IMO. Keep stirring the pot.

YTBulldogs
11-17-2011, 06:45 PM
Or, ya might get bucked off Los Owls. :p

warhorsejoe
11-17-2011, 06:45 PM
if anyone has a good assessment of these two team would be los owls. i gotta go with what he really thinks. he's seen us then a week later he saw them so just saying. :iagree:

YTBulldogs
11-17-2011, 06:47 PM
if anyone has a good assessment of these two team would be los owls. i gotta go with what he really thinks. he's seen us then a week later he saw them so just saying. :iagree:

Will, he might be right with you winning Joe. But, no way in the world Devine puts 35 on this Gonzales team. That I assure you. Ya'll sure like putting alot into what a team did one week. Ever heard of having a off night?

Los Owls
11-17-2011, 06:49 PM
Got to wait another week! They would meet in round 4. I expect it to be Wimberley and LH renewing an old and impressive rivalry! Anyone from WHS and LH remember the incredibly intense freshman game in 2009 when these seniors were fish? Of course Sweeny, Orange Grove, Rio Hondo and Wharton might have different ideas. You just keep on trying to validate your season Los Owls!!! :stirpot::)

Now Los Owls...you see those icons right...just messing with ya! You have chosen to ride your Warhorse and you could just be right!!!!
Just trying to get more post so i can be able to vote...:cheerl:and yes,have to support the warhorses cause they have an exHondo Owl qb,that is coaching in Devine....Thats why Devine is winning cause of the Ex Hondo Owl qb coach..He is giving them all the Owls winning info from the past...lol....

Sportshack
11-17-2011, 06:50 PM
Hey I appreciate Los Owls putting the proverbial kiss of death on these programs!!! The Texans and Panthers owe him a debt of gratitude!! :stirpot: :stirpot: :inlove:

warhorsejoe
11-17-2011, 06:52 PM
Will, he might be right with you winning Joe. But, no way in the world Devine puts 35 on this Gonzales team. That I assure you. Ya'll sure like putting alot into what a team did one week. Ever heard of having a off night?

I'm not concern about the "score" just the "W". :)

los owls, you have about 10 or so more post. you can do it!

you've counted the eggs but the chicks haven't hatched I'll comment more as the weeks go by (I hope).

YTBulldogs
11-17-2011, 06:53 PM
[QUOTE=Los Owls;1637850]Just trying to get more post so i can be able to vote...:[QUOTE]

That-a-boy. 10 more to go:)

Los Owls
11-17-2011, 06:55 PM
Hey I appreciate Los Owls putting the proverbial kiss of death on these programs!!! The Texans and Panthers owe him a debt of gratitude!! :stirpot: :stirpot: :inlove:
After last week,Taylor is no Gonzales...Texans gave up 31 points....Gonzales will keep texans offense on the side for quite awhile....

YTBulldogs
11-17-2011, 06:56 PM
After last week,Taylor is no Gonzales...Texans gave up 31 points....Gonzales will keep texans offense on the side for quite awhile....

What I hear, Taylor was a pretty good club last few games. Dunno.

Los Owls
11-17-2011, 06:56 PM
[QUOTE=Los Owls;1637850]Just trying to get more post so i can be able to vote...:[QUOTE]

That-a-boy. 10 more to go:)
Thank you but,whose counting anyway...lol...:clap:

Sportshack
11-17-2011, 06:57 PM

Or.....Hondo is a "weak sister" (this year) and Hooty Hoo's evaluations are soley based off of the "dream" collapsing once Hondo had to play a team with a pulse....like Somerset, Devine, and Gonzales!!! :stirpot: :stirpot: :inlove: :inlove: :) And...Somerset's pulse was short lived against a LV team that struggled to score points this season!! "Scooby Doo effect" should be fully in play....Uherhhhh....rut ro!!! :)

YTBulldogs
11-17-2011, 06:58 PM
[QUOTE=YTBulldogs;1637855][QUOTE=Los Owls;1637850]Just trying to get more post so i can be able to vote...:
Thank you but,whose counting anyway...lol...:clap:

Make your 100th a special humdinger Los Owls.

Los Owls
11-17-2011, 07:01 PM
[QUOTE=Los Owls;1637860][QUOTE=YTBulldogs;1637855]

I will...U all will be in shock...I will later cause i'm gonna go eat right now cause "I'm Hungry"....

Los Owls
11-17-2011, 07:04 PM
[QUOTE=YTBulldogs;1637863][QUOTE=Los Owls;1637860]
I will...U all will be in shock...I will later cause i'm gonna go eat right now cause "I'm Hungry"....
Dang,7 more to go...But,whose counting cause it sure is not me....:twitch:

Sportshack
11-17-2011, 07:19 PM

I am confident that Taylor would have hung 50 points on Hondo!!!! I saw the first half highlights of the Devine v Hondo game that were posted. Recall it was only 17 points for Taylor until they made several plays against reserve CB in last 52 seconds that came in game on defense after 4th QTR injury. Scored on another pass in OT after being stuffed on early down. You might be right and you might be wrong. Ball control is a relative term. Your defense honestly does not seem that talented. It simply could be that Devine and Gonzales are just that dominant. After all, they are undefeated. Just going by what I saw and what I have seen. I will acknowledge that sometimes film looks a bit different. Maybe the Texans have just not played many teams that can really run the ball. Although, Canyon Lake's Zach Henshaw did have at least 3 near 300 yard rushing performances before he was slowed down by Texans to under 100 and one of those against a district champion Sealy squad. The Texans defensive front is likely much, much better than Hondo. They are not chopped liver in defensive front despite the 17 points Taylor was able to generate off of ground game. Now Gonzales offense might move the ball and control clock in other ways but their reputation is as a ground attack.

LH Panther Mom
11-17-2011, 07:23 PM
That cracked me up! :D

Los Owls
11-17-2011, 07:52 PM
I am confident that Taylor would have hung 50 points on Hondo!!!! I saw the first half highlights of the Devine v Hondo game that were posted. Recall it was only 17 points for Taylor until they made several plays against reserve CB in last 52 seconds that came in game on defense after 4th QTR injury. Scored on another pass in OT after being stuffed on early down. You might be right and you might be wrong. Ball control is a relative term. Your defense honestly does not seem that talented. It simply could be that Devine and Gonzales are just that dominant. After all, they are undefeated. Just going by what I saw and what I have seen. I will acknowledge that sometimes film looks a bit different. Maybe the Texans have just not played many teams that can really run the ball. Although, Canyon Lake's Zach Henshaw did have at least 3 near 300 yard rushing performances before he was slowed down by Texans to under 100 and one of those against a district champion Sealy squad. The Texans defensive front is likely much, much better than Hondo. They are not chopped liver in defensive front despite the 17 points Taylor was able to generate off of ground game. Now Gonzales offense might move the ball and control clock in other ways but their reputation is as a ground attack.

Sure,ofcourse...Taylor could score probably 60 on us...But,we will never know...But,i know this for sure.Taylor 3-7 scored 31 on the #2 ranked ???Wimberley Texans on DOUBLE OVERTIME....But,a win is a win....Sorry,APACHE NATION ADVANCES....Hondo scored 10 points on apaches defense so,i'm looking at the most, 8 points from Texans offense....

Sportshack
11-17-2011, 08:21 PM
Sure,ofcourse...Taylor could score probably 60 on us...But,we will never know...But,i know this for sure.Taylor 3-7 scored 31 on the #2 ranked ???Wimberley Texans on DOUBLE OVERTIME....But,a win is a win....Sorry,APACHE NATION ADVANCES....Hondo scored 10 points on apaches defense so,i'm looking at the most, 8 points from Texans offense....

Anyone with an objective eye WOULD know!! :taunt: I really, really now wish that the Apaches had not wiped the field with your plucked feathers as I KNOW this for sure...WHS would have "boat raced" Hondo!! That is the main reason for my reluctance to accept your assessment. I am not sure you are that objective. :inlove:

I have said it before...The Texans are human and can be beat...the proof is in the pudding...they have lost 1 out of their last 25 games!!! And yes...some of them were close!!

With my luck...you will be spot on in your assessment but I just cannot go there yet...feeling that Texan pride!!!

Los Owls
11-17-2011, 09:35 PM
Anyone with an objective eye WOULD know!! :taunt: I really, really now wish that the Apaches had not wiped the field with your plucked feathers as I KNOW this for sure...WHS would have "boat raced" Hondo!! That is the main reason for my reluctance to accept your assessment. I am not sure you are that objective. :inlove:

I have said it before...The Texans are human and can be beat...the proof is in the pudding...they have lost 1 out of their last 25 games!!! And yes...some of them were close!!

With my luck...you will be spot on in your assessment but I just cannot go there yet...feeling that Texan pride!!!

Well,make that 2 losses out of 26 games tomorrow night....Sorry,Sportshack....Sometimes, State rankings can be decieving....:eek:

lbjacj
11-17-2011, 09:45 PM
Well,make that 2 losses out of 26 games tomorrow night....Sorry,Sportshack....Sometimes, State rankings can be decieving....:eek: Any given night!

I would really hate to be a Gonzales player tommorow. The team they will face will be the most determined, aggressive and well prepared team that Wimberley has fielded since the Canyon Lake game and we all know how that went for the Hawks! I am feeling more confident as gametime approaches. Can't wait!

fire_it_up
11-17-2011, 09:50 PM
I'm sure the Texan coach is the only one preparing his team ;) Our guys have probably not been preparing at all.

Los Owls
11-17-2011, 09:50 PM
I hope tomorrow night the PA announcer keeps updating us on yalls score.....

Los Owls
11-17-2011, 09:54 PM
I'm sure the Texan coach is the only one preparing his team ;) Our guys have probably not been preparing at all.

That's funny....Why does it seem that only Wimberley prepares for their opponents,except last week....

LHPfactory
11-17-2011, 10:08 PM

Taylor played 5 district games and 5 non district games in regular season.
Taylor lost their first four games to 4a play off teams.
With the exception of Leander Vandegrift, Taylor lost close games.
In district Taylor Lost a close one to Lampasas 58-50 and a big one to LH 47-14

Taylor peaked at the right time, they had a rough start, however, they finished strong. I wonder how Devine or Gonzo would have fared with the same schedule :stirpot:

Los Owls
11-17-2011, 10:10 PM
[QUOTE=Los Owls;1637860][QUOTE=YTBulldogs;1637855]

Here it is,my 100th post....This is for u YTBulldogs....
Wimberley loses to Gonzales...Devine runs wild over Liberty Hill...Gonzales wins next week over Sweeny..Devine beats Wharton on a 50yard run by Sadler with a minute left..Devine recovers a surprising on side kick and runs out the clock...Devine beats Gonzales at the Alamodome....Devine goes on and beats who ever is in their way to the state title game...We will be at the parade to celebrate Devines State Title and i will have a few seats for the Wimberley fans on a first come,first serve basis...This my friend is for you YTBulldog,my 100th post..

YTBulldogs
11-17-2011, 10:13 PM
Wimberley loses to Gonzales...Devine runs wild over Liberty Hill...Gonzales wins next week over Sweeny..Devine beats Wharton on a 50yard run by Sadler with a minute left..Devine recovers a surprising on side kick and runs out the clock...Devine beats Gonzales at the Alamodome....Devine goes on and beats who ever is in their way to the state title game...We will be at the parade to celebrate Devines State Title and i will have a few seats for the Wimberley fans on a first come,first serve basis...This my friend is for you YTBulldog,my 100th post..

Wahoooooooo. Your now legal Los Owls. Vote away my friend. Happy 100th bud.:cheerl:

LHPfactory
11-17-2011, 10:30 PM
Taylor played 5 district games and 5 non district games in regular season.
Taylor lost their first four games to 4a play off teams.
With the exception of Leander Vandegrift, Taylor lost close games.
In district Taylor Lost a close one to Lampasas 58-50 and a big one to LH 47-14

Taylor peaked at the right time, they had a rough start, however, they finished strong. I wonder how Devine or Gonzo would have fared with the same schedule :stirpot:

They were also missing their QB till district play.

Oh, yeah, that 5th non district game they lost was against a good 3A Robinson team that is 9-2 and still playing. That is a 9-2 record after playing teams like Waco La Vega and such....

Tejastrue
11-17-2011, 10:34 PM

Wakey Wakey Los Owls...

http://ts1.mm.bing.net/images/thumbnail.aspx?q=1362449930136&id=29c1a381a445a3bbc93e2007a7642f95

wimbo_pro
11-17-2011, 10:36 PM
I appreciate the input, but I think Lost Owls has no idea of just how good Taylor was...if Gonzales plays better than what we saw Taylor play (and remember we have some recent experience with deep play off runs), I will be VERY impressed.

Tejastrue
11-17-2011, 10:36 PM

Now you know we're the only team that really prepares for a game..just ask Taylor..:D

rb585
11-17-2011, 10:39 PM
I predict that Hondo will go undefeated the rest of the season!

YTBulldogs
11-17-2011, 10:42 PM
Gonzo is already at the stadium. They're ready!!!!!!!!

rb585
11-17-2011, 10:54 PM
Gonzo is already at the stadium. They're ready!!!!!!!!

Of course they are. They already have buses going to the state championship game!

YTBulldogs
11-17-2011, 10:57 PM
Of course they are. They already have buses going to the state championship game!

LOL. I seen that.

Tx Challenge
11-17-2011, 11:01 PM
Actually I love this....foot in mouth.....Go LH and Wimberley BUT we got another round to go...LOL

fire_it_up
11-17-2011, 11:22 PM

Again with this? Maybe you should book your seat, they're going fast.

warhorsejoe
11-17-2011, 11:28 PM

Los Owls, you are one crazy SOB and I mean that with good heart. I have tears in my eyes from laughing so much. Love you brother and I really hope that happens:cheerl::cheerl:

Los Owls
11-17-2011, 11:29 PM
I predict that Hondo will go undefeated the rest of the season!
Watch out,We are 1-0 in basketball...Wimberley comes to town on Tuesday....2-0 for sure....:1popcorn:

Sportshack
11-17-2011, 11:43 PM
Well,make that 2 losses out of 26 games tomorrow night....Sorry,Sportshack....Sometimes, State rankings can be decieving....:eek:

Oh well...all good things come to an end at some point!! Not saying the Texans' FANTASTIC run will not end when I point out their record over last couple of years (3 years really cuz they played in regional finals in '09), just trying to emphasize that perhaps it is not "owl wise" to soooo easily discount them. And remember....state rankings do not have a darn thing to do with the teams that were put in the path of this proud group of competitors...they just competed to the best of their abilities and came out on top...a lot. Regardless of where some pollster ranked them or if rankings accurate...they still won those games. Who knows, maybe, just maybe if the ball bounces right tomorrow the undeserving Texans will be able to slip by one of the teams that beat the almost mighty Owls.

Sportshack
11-17-2011, 11:46 PM
Watch out,We are 1-0 in basketball...Wimberley comes to town on Tuesday....2-0 for sure....:1popcorn:

You better hope so...2 or 3 starters are playing foosball for the foreseeable future!!! :rolleyes:

Los Owls
11-17-2011, 11:58 PM
Oh well...all good things come to an end at some point!! Not saying the Texans' FANTASTIC run will not end when I point out their record over last couple of years (3 years really cuz they played in regional finals in '09), just trying to emphasize that perhaps it is not "owl wise" to soooo easily discount them. And remember....state rankings do not have a darn thing to do with the teams that were put in the path of this proud group of competitors...they just competed to the best of their abilities and came out on top...a lot. Regardless of where some pollster ranked them or if rankings accurate...they still won those games. Who knows, maybe, just maybe if the ball bounces right tomorrow the undeserving Texans will be able to slip by one of the teams that beat the almost mighty Owls.
Thanks for the complimate...Your right,the All mighty fell,The Hondo Owls...And yes,records are made to be broken....

Los Owls
11-18-2011, 12:01 AM
You better hope so...2 or 3 starters are playing foosball for the foreseeable future!!! :rolleyes:
Well,glad they are playing foosball and don't have to go back home with a loss....

SintonFan
11-18-2011, 12:35 AM

Why OH WHY jinx them? :eek:

Tx Challenge
11-18-2011, 12:48 AM
Again, WOW. 2 weeks ahead. Hope you are still around to eat crow. Happy Thanksgiving....

Red&White_9x5
11-18-2011, 09:14 AM
My prediction/ guess is that in two weeks both the Apaches and Warhorses are in the gym playing thump thump. Actually my guess is that they are both there on Monday!

lbjacj
11-19-2011, 12:57 PM
Again with this? Maybe you should book your seat, they're going fast.

Probably going to be a lot of cancellations now.:)

sotex
11-19-2011, 03:27 PM
My prediction/ guess is that in two weeks both the Apaches and Warhorses are in the gym playing thump thump. Actually my guess is that they are both there on Monday!
Well at least you were half right.