PDA

View Full Version : Tamu/Kansas

Saggy Aggie
11-17-2011, 10:52 AM
Anybody think the 5-5 aggies have a chance?

I bet we're winning at halftime!

buff4ever
11-17-2011, 11:05 AM
I say aggies win pretty easily in this one. Surpise I know, but I think they have a game like they haven't in several weeks.

JJWalker
11-17-2011, 11:14 AM
Anybody think the 5-5 aggies have a chance?

I bet we're winning at halftime!

What? The Aggies are 5-5? I guess I am confused ... I thought they were making a run at the National Championship this season?

jason
11-17-2011, 11:20 AM
What? The Aggies are 5-5? I guess I am confused ... I thought they were making a run at the National Championship this season?probably thinking of womens basketball or

BEAST
11-17-2011, 11:33 AM
What? The Aggies are 5-5? I guess I am confused ... I thought they were making a run at the National Championship this season?

Not making excuses. This team is good enough to be 10-0.

BEAST

jason
11-17-2011, 11:37 AM
Not making excuses. This team is good enough to be 10-0.

BEAST

no they're not, not even close...

a team that isn't 10-0 but is 'good enough' to be 10-0 are teams like like Oregon or Alabama who are REALLY good and got beat by the team (LSU) that will probably go undefeated and win a national championship...

saying 5-5 a&m is good enough to be 10-0 is ludicrous......

you should be banned for saying so....

BEAST
11-17-2011, 11:41 AM

a team that isn't 10-0 but is 'good enough' to be 10-0 are teams like like Oregon or Alabama who are REALLY good and got beat by the team (LSU) that will probably go undefeated and win a national championship...

Aside from the OU game, they were ahead in the 4th quarter of every loss. So yea, they are good enough to be 9-1 or even 10-0. I think the coaches are being out coached in the second half.

BEAST

big daddy russ
11-17-2011, 12:29 PM

I'll say it. That team is ridiculously good. Easily the second-"best" team in the Big XII talent-wise.

Remember the week after A&M blew that enormous lead against Okie State, when Mike Gundy gave his press conference and said the Ags were out of shape? Remember how bad he got blasted from the media?

How smart does Gundy look now?

The Ags made the number two team in the nation look like a JV squad. Were dominant on both sides of the line. Even Justin Blackmon was having trouble against their athleticism. And then A&M gassed out and gave up in the second half. Did the same thing to the number six and number 13 teams in the nation.

To date, only Alabama's been able to throw around Arkie like A&M did. So I'll be the first to say the Ags are a top-five talented team in the nation. Easily. The problem isn't with the Ags lacking the talent. It's them lacking the ability to finish.

regaleagle
11-17-2011, 01:29 PM
Yep. Sure looks like that on paper, don't it. Problem is, you are talking Aggies here. Never can see the forest for the trees--good or bad. That's just the way it is with Aggies. I know. I have had one for a brother, and three cousins for many, many years. Good people, talented, intelligent, but can't see the forest for the trees.

jason
11-17-2011, 01:49 PM
nm

buff4ever
11-17-2011, 02:36 PM
I'll say it. That team is ridiculously good. Easily the second-"best" team in the Big XII talent-wise.

Remember the week after A&M blew that enormous lead against Okie State, when Mike Gundy gave his press conference and said the Ags were out of shape? Remember how bad he got blasted from the media?

How smart does Gundy look now?

The Ags made the number two team in the nation look like a JV squad. Were dominant on both sides of the line. Even Justin Blackmon was having trouble against their athleticism. And then A&M gassed out and gave up in the second half. Did the same thing to the number six and number 13 teams in the nation.

To date, only Alabama's been able to throw around Arkie like A&M did. So I'll be the first to say the Ags are a top-five talented team in the nation. Easily. The problem isn't with the Ags lacking the talent. It's them lacking the ability to finish.

I am glad you said it so I didn't type some novel. You are exactly right. It's a shame how they score 20 or 30 something points in a single have in 3 of those 5 games against top 15 teams and then blow a 17 plus lead in all 3 games only scoring 3 pionts in the second half of all 3. I can't even believe it even though I have seen it with my own eyes. You don't allow that to happen more than once, and the aggies have 3 times. They could easily by 9-1 and in the top ten right now, but they aren't. They are easily the most dangerous 5-5 team in the nation. You couldn't find another one to come close.

1st and goal
11-17-2011, 08:18 PM
As much as I love 'em, they are weak on defense. D line can hold its' own but is not real dominant. We are hurt at safety and DB's. Not enough depth to run the gassers that Ok State O provided (out coached). A few horrendously untimely turnovers and bad penalties and our record would look completely different. I do sometimes question the play calling with all the talent we have in the receiving corp. Esp, QB sneaks.

They are a much better team than the record they have.

OldBison75
11-17-2011, 08:33 PM
The talent is there to be 9-1 with the scheduled they played. The problem is in the preparation and execution. They go from dominant to dormat in the blink of an eye, or in their case, during halftime. There is not another team I know of in college football that has failed to live up to the expectations many experts had for them like the Aggies.

1st and goal
11-17-2011, 08:55 PM
The talent is there to be 9-1 with the scheduled they played. The problem is in the preparation and execution. They go from dominant to dormat in the blink of an eye, or in their case, during halftime. There is not another team I know of in college football that has failed to live up to the expectations many experts had for them like the Aggies.

Nobody saw last year's horns going down like they did either.

Each game had it's own reasons for the Aggies losing each.

1st and goal
11-20-2011, 10:01 AM
Well they got the job done and played 2 halves. I think they used subs for most of the 3rd and 4th.

Here's the tricky question. Given the aggies past 2nd half performances, how far should they run up the score in the 1st half?

I like the Kansas coach. Hope he can turn that program around.