PDA

View Full Version : Chris Parr part 3? 6? 82?

BaseballUmp
11-16-2011, 11:55 PM
http://www.kmil.com/story.php?id=16771

(WACO) A former Waco LaVega standout running back is back in trouble with the law, jailed Tuesday on robbery charges.

Christopher Dantae Parr, 20, was being held Tuesday in lieu of $25,000 bond. Parr had turned himself into authorities on Monday afternoon.

Waco Police say Parr and another 20-year-old man were together at Metro Bar in the 700 block of Austin Avenue on October 31st, when the victim began flashing a large amount of cash. According to police, Parr asked the victim to pose with him for a picture with the money. When the victim agreed and pulled out his cash roll, Parr grabbed the money and began punching the man in the face multiple times. Witnesses say Parr then ran off.

This is not Parr`s first run-in with the law. He was last arrested in March 2009 on retaliation charges in an incident that happened while he was free on bond on charges he attacked and injured a 14-year-old boy. He was also arrested in January 2009 at school in connection to an apartment burglary in Waco. And in August 2008, Parr was charged with the armed hold-up of 19-year-old Lonnie Sawyer, although in November the McLennan County District Attorney`s Office dismissed the criminal charges against Parr in that case after he passed a polygraph.

Daddy D 11
11-17-2011, 12:09 AM
lol i actually heard bout this story.. did not know it was him

Emerson1
11-17-2011, 12:18 AM
3rd strike. Throw him in jail for a good 15-20.

Daddy D 11
11-17-2011, 12:25 AM
give him the chair

Etsportsfan87
11-17-2011, 12:26 AM
This is the guy who got out of jail just in time for the playoffs a couple of years ago right?

BaseballUmp
11-17-2011, 12:29 AM
Indeed it is

bobcat1
11-17-2011, 06:00 AM
That is a shame.

1st and goal
11-17-2011, 07:13 AM
Obviously doesn't give a flying FLIP about staying out of trouble. "Oh but he grew up without a dad" or "His dad was an alcoholic", well same for me but I'm not in prison....put him away. He's not rehabilitated.

Saggy Aggie
11-17-2011, 07:16 AM
what kinda moron is out waving stacks of cash around in public?

What a douche. Kinda glad that guy got punched.

bowleghorses
11-17-2011, 08:06 AM
He was in the news a lot in 2008. Was a great year for Prosper. Aint it funny how history repeats itself. :stirpot:

44INAROW
11-17-2011, 09:21 AM
This is the guy who got out of jail just in time for the playoffs a couple of years ago right?

Yes. the same one - he got out just in time for the Cuero game.. They took the testimony and word of his convicted felon brother (that Chris didn't do what he was accused of) L O S E R x3++++ he also got arrested for an incident less than 24 hours after the state championship game the next week L O S E R ...................... I was PO'd about it then and I still am. He should have NEVER been on the field.. NEVER ............... L O S E R ..... that's the difference between the morals of some coaches.. he would have never been on the field if that scenario was in Cuero.. yes, I said it - that coach should have never let Chris Parr play that week.. NEVER.. OK I feel better now :)

coachc45
11-17-2011, 09:39 AM
Yes. the same one - he got out just in time for the Cuero game.. They took the testimony and word of his convicted felon brother (that Chris didn't do what he was accused of) L O S E R x3++++ he also got arrested for an incident less than 24 hours after the state championship game the next week L O S E R ...................... I was PO'd about it then and I still am. He should have NEVER been on the field.. NEVER ............... L O S E R ..... that's the difference between the morals of some coaches.. he would have never been on the field if that scenario was in Cuero.. yes, I said it - that coach should have never let Chris Parr play that week.. NEVER.. OK I feel better now :)

He got out of jail the week before they played Chapel Hill in the 2nd round of the playoffs. By the time they played Cuero he had played in 3 games.

44INAROW
11-17-2011, 09:40 AM
He got out of jail the week before they played Chapel Hill in the 2nd round of the playoffs. By the time they played Cuero he had played in 3 games.
ok I was off a couple weeks. that makes it ok :ack!:

BEAST
11-17-2011, 10:48 AM

No it doesnt. After getting out of jail, he should have banished from the football team. No questions asked!!!

BEAST

buff4ever
11-17-2011, 11:01 AM

I hope you aren't the coach that let him play, ifin you are, don't say it on here:)

Too much is put on winning in some programs, when the main thing is actually teaching the kids something about life, and some only learn the hard way. Don't reward them for making absolutely terrible decisions.

coachc45
11-17-2011, 12:45 PM

Didn't say it was ok. I was just putting out the facts. Wether he should play or not, whether I agree with the decision made by that staff, or if I like it has nothing to do with my post. Just wanted it to be clear that he played all but one of the playoff games.

coachc45
11-17-2011, 12:46 PM
I hope you aren't the coach that let him play, ifin you are, don't say it on here:)

Too much is put on winning in some programs, when the main thing is actually teaching the kids something about life, and some only learn the hard way. Don't reward them for making absolutely terrible decisions.

I am not the coach and have said nothing one way or another. Just think if everyone is going to be outraged, they should know he played all but 1 playoff game not just the last 2. Chapel Hill and Navasota have just as much of a reason to be mad as the CUERO people. Chapel Hill probably even more so, they didn't have the benefit of knowing he was going to play until game time. Cuero had 2 weeks to get ready for him.

Chillfan
11-17-2011, 01:18 PM
I am not the coach and have said nothing one way or another. Just think if everyone is going to be outraged, they should know he played all but 1 playoff game not just the last 2. Chapel Hill and Navasota have just as much of a reason to be mad as the CUERO people. Chapel Hill probably even more so, they didn't have the benefit of knowing he was going to play until game time. Cuero had 2 weeks to get ready for him.

Coachc45 is right. We were all in disbelief. Sure makes you wonder about the morals of that program. I hope CH kicks them in the dirt this week for that very reason. BTW, Parr was a heck of a athlete. Its ashame.

Chillfan
11-17-2011, 01:20 PM
I also recall something about them losing the last game of district on purpose to get in a certain division.

regaleagle
11-17-2011, 01:23 PM
This 'bad apple' will get what the kind of treatment he has been so deserving of now. You might say he has earned his stripes. Now he must wear them.

44INAROW
11-17-2011, 01:42 PM
I also recall something about them losing the last game of district on purpose to get in a certain division.

I am pretty sure you're right..

coachc45
11-17-2011, 02:13 PM

That is a fact. We played them in the first round that year. They lost the last district game to Lorena by an outrageous score. Put Lorena in the playoffs. But allowed them to go big school. We had the film and they didn't even try.

Farmersfan
11-17-2011, 02:30 PM
That is a fact. We played them in the first round that year. They lost the last district game to Lorena by an outrageous score. Put Lorena in the playoffs. But allowed them to go big school. We had the film and they didn't even try.

I also remember a HUGE debate on here about whether or not it is acceptable for the coach to lose that game to give his team a better chance at a State Title. If I remember correctly the regulars on here were split about 50/50. Some even said it was smart coaching...................

Txbroadcaster
11-17-2011, 02:35 PM
I cant remember..Was Parr cleared of the charges before he was let back on the team?

coachc45
11-17-2011, 03:01 PM
I cant remember..Was Parr cleared of the charges before he was let back on the team?

Yes he was cleared. Took a lie detector and passed, the victim took one and failed. So the charges were dropped. He was released from AEP on Monday. Enrolled back at LaVega on Tuesday. The "kids" voted to let him back on team. Didn't play against Brownsboro but was on sideline in a jersey. Played 2nd round vs Chapel Hill and went off. He was an incredible talent and wasted every bit of it.

Leopard4Life
11-17-2011, 03:12 PM

Lovejoy suspended 3 starters (one was their best player) for having a few drinks in the locker room at half time. Every program is different and as time goes on and personell change the program changes along with it.

Txbroadcaster
11-17-2011, 03:21 PM
Yes he was cleared. Took a lie detector and passed, the victim took one and failed. So the charges were dropped. He was released from AEP on Monday. Enrolled back at LaVega on Tuesday. The "kids" voted to let him back on team. Didn't play against Brownsboro but was on sideline in a jersey. Played 2nd round vs Chapel Hill and went off. He was an incredible talent and wasted every bit of it.

yea I broadcast that CH game

If he was cleared I cant really fault the coach or team for putting him back on

coachc45
11-17-2011, 03:26 PM
yea I broadcast that CH game

If he was cleared I cant really fault the coach or team for putting him back on

Lot of grey area there. I would like to think since he didn't play the entire season that he had to do "make" up before he could play again... but that wasn't the case. But I understand where you are coming from, if he was cleared of the charges how do you keep him from playing? Its easy to sit behind a computer and judge coach Williams for it, but its another altogether when you are the one making the decision.

And to Leopardforlife, it is a no-brainer for a coach to suspend kids who get "caught" drinking in the lockerroom during a game. C'mon...it isn't a hard decision at all. lol

bowleghorses
11-17-2011, 03:32 PM
Coachc45 is right. We were all in disbelief. Sure makes you wonder about the morals of that program. I hope CH kicks them in the dirt this week for that very reason. BTW, Parr was a heck of a athlete. Its ashame.

He may have been a great athelete but his heart wasn't in it. He was running out of bounds in the second half of that state championship game. I think he ended up with 41 yards or so.

ccmom
11-17-2011, 03:42 PM
Lovejoy suspended 3 starters (one was their best player) for having a few drinks in the locker room at half time. Every program is different and as time goes on and personell change the program changes along with it.

Uhhhh....I would think that wasn't such a tough decision to make.

ccmom
11-17-2011, 03:42 PM
Lot of grey area there. I would like to think since he didn't play the entire season that he had to do "make" up before he could play again... but that wasn't the case. But I understand where you are coming from, if he was cleared of the charges how do you keep him from playing? Its easy to sit behind a computer and judge coach Williams for it, but its another altogether when you are the one making the decision.

And to Leopardforlife, it is a no-brainer for a coach to suspend kids who get "caught" drinking in the lockerroom during a game. C'mon...it isn't a hard decision at all. lol Oops...should have read your post before I posted.

Txbroadcaster
11-17-2011, 03:46 PM
He may have been a great athelete but his heart wasn't in it. He was running out of bounds in the second half of that state championship game. I think he ended up with 41 yards or so.

The whole team only had like 70 yards in 26 carries and the whole team seemed to fold come the 4th Q,...I remember one of their RBs running out of bounds a yard short of 1st down on 3rd down just amazed me the quit

Leopard4Life
11-17-2011, 05:46 PM
Uhhhh....I would think that wasn't such a tough decision to make.

I agree with the decision, plus it happened on school property. They weren't caught, they end up telling on themselves. We frequently have kids sit out games for rules violations, no matter how much they might be needed. Then you read this with stuff like, the team voted him back on. I was pointing out that a lot of programs/coaches put more importance on winning and not teaching. However, a lot of coaches jobs are on the line...

Txbroadcaster
11-17-2011, 05:59 PM
I agree with the decision, plus it happened on school property. They weren't caught, they end up telling on themselves. We frequently have kids sit out games for rules violations, no matter how much they might be needed. Then you read this with stuff like, the team voted him back on. I was pointing out that a lot of programs/coaches put more importance on winning and not teaching. However, a lot of coaches jobs are on the line...

again I dont see how he could have not let the kid back on he was cleared

as far as the LL situation..they were punished by the school anyway so they would not been allowed to play no matter what the coach wanted

coachc45
11-17-2011, 10:05 PM

as far as the LL situation..they were punished by the school anyway so they would not been allowed to play no matter what the coach wanted

Very true!

Leopard4Life
11-18-2011, 09:12 AM

The LL players were punished by the Coach/AD and because they broke school rules it was handed over to the school administration and I believe they each got a 30 day in-school suspension (which includes no athletics) on top of being kicked off the football team. Someone turned them in, but at that point it was hearsay. The boys confessed and at that point the punishments were enforced.

Txbroadcaster
11-18-2011, 10:46 AM
The LL players were punished by the Coach/AD and because they broke school rules it was handed over to the school administration and I believe they each got a 30 day in-school suspension (which includes no athletics) on top of being kicked off the football team. Someone turned them in, but at that point it was hearsay. The boys confessed and at that point the punishments were enforced.

huh? the coaches had no say in the punishment( and I am not saying the punishment would have been different) but the fact is the school policy supercedes what the coaches would or would not have done

Leopard4Life
11-19-2011, 01:25 PM
huh? the coaches had no say in the punishment( and I am not saying the punishment would have been different) but the fact is the school policy supercedes what the coaches would or would not have done

The coaches had the boys fill out a survey about breaking team rules or having knowledge of team rules and the boys told the truth. At that point school policy kicked in. The boys got a speach about being honorable and honest and the integrety of the program before filling out the survery. Coaches could have easily asked them and the boys could have easily lied and then there is no proof. Or if a school official had asked some 17 year old boys they would have simply denied it, and without proof there wouldn't be a lot the school could do. My point is that the coaches encouraged their players to be honest and leveraged their relationship with the players to get the truth.

coachc45
11-19-2011, 02:18 PM
The coaches had the boys fill out a survey about breaking team rules or having knowledge of team rules and the boys told the truth. At that point school policy kicked in. The boys got a speach about being honorable and honest and the integrety of the program before filling out the survery. Coaches could have easily asked them and the boys could have easily lied and then there is no proof. Or if a school official had asked some 17 year old boys they would have simply denied it, and without proof there wouldn't be a lot the school could do. My point is that the coaches encouraged their players to be honest and leveraged their relationship with the players to get the truth.

We understand that you are trying to prove a point about how the Coaches did a great job punishing those kids...but we will never know to what extent they would have punished them because the Principal and admin handled it. Those are the facts and they are undisputable. lol