PDA

View Full Version : A Family Divided!

GrTigers6
11-15-2011, 08:35 PM
Let me start by laying the foundation of this family. 23 years ago two people from seperate lives were married each having three kids of their own, making a blended family of six kids. Only the 3 kids from the wife's side of the family were still at home. One of which graduated and got married shortly after ( to me). Now after 23 years of marriage and 16 grandkids 3 great grandkids with 2 on the way, we are a very close knit family... None of which consider the others as step children but brothers and sisters. A total of 38 people all together.
Now we have two of those cousins going head to head in round 2 of the playoffs,( Both Seniors) So 1 will go home and 1 will move on. One being from the Granddad and the other from the grandma.
So my question is this
If you are the grandparents or family members which side do you sit? :thinking:
Its Exciting and nerve racking at the same time. These two boys have been like best friends and hang out summers together to the fact that my son knows most of his brownwood friends. Has gone to church camp with one of the local Brownwood churches for the past several years.
It has my stomach in knots, but I cant wait to see it! Funny how that works!

Saggy Aggie
11-15-2011, 08:38 PM
Spend half and half i'd say

lbjacj
11-15-2011, 08:40 PM
Spend half and half i'd say
That's the answer.

Leopard4Life
11-15-2011, 08:42 PM
Stand or sit behind the goal posts.

GrTigers6
11-15-2011, 08:43 PM
Thats what they talked about, I told them go where the most comfortable seats are!
some of the other cousins have made shirts half maroon and red. lol

DavidWooderson
11-15-2011, 08:51 PM
What you do is you enjoy it, and after the game congratulate the winner, console the loser, don't talk about it at Thanksgiving!

GrTigers6
11-16-2011, 04:56 AM
What you do is you enjoy it, and after the game congratulate the winner, console the loser, don't talk about it at Thanksgiving!Absolutely!

LionFan72
11-16-2011, 07:55 AM
Enjoy the ride man, not many times in life can division be good, but this is one of those times! This is just a game, a competition, and will last 48 minutes. It is not a one on one do or die situation, although I know it kinda feels like it. Sit wherever you like, and just remember to love the kids regardless, that is all they need.

Good luck to both teams, both are already winners!

Txbroadcaster
11-16-2011, 08:52 AM
Always wondered what happen to the Brady Bunch..did not know they moved to Texas

44INAROW
11-16-2011, 09:07 AM
What you do is you enjoy it, and after the game congratulate the winner, console the loser, don't talk about it at Thanksgiving!
that's the answer.. I know it's easier said than done.. Congrats on having a successful blended family!!!!

GrTigers6
11-16-2011, 09:23 AM
that's the answer.. I know it's easier said than done.. Congrats on having a successful blended family!!!!Yeah it will all be fine afterwards. Both kids will be glad for the other. They are too good of friends to be upset at each other

buff4ever
11-16-2011, 09:28 AM

Good answer, and where you sit doesn't matter, I promise. However I would say sit on the side of the underdog.

LionFan72
11-16-2011, 09:56 AM
Good answer, and where you sit doesn't matter, I promise. However I would say sit on the side of the underdog.

Or better yet, send your wife to the opposing side, that should make for an interesting ride home! Least you won't get sleepy!

GrTigers6
11-17-2011, 05:56 AM
Or better yet, send your wife to the opposing side, that should make for an interesting ride home! Least you won't get sleepy!Me and my wife will sit on GR side, His parents will sit on Brownwoods side, After that it doesnt matter to me, however whichever side they sit on will add 30+ seats, lol I told them I didnt care I knew they were there to support both of them. Even though my nephew plays for Brownwood i will chear him on, unless he is being guarded by my son, and even then I will still be happy if he makes the catch. After all is said and done its still just a game and we will all get over it quickly no matter the outcome!