PDA

View Full Version : Astros to the American League

Roughneck93
11-15-2011, 08:26 PM
Move would happen in 2013. Jim Crane would receive a $70 million discount off the purchase of the club in exchange.http://blog.chron.com/ultimateastros/2011/11/15/crane-to-receive-70-million-discount-for-astros-switch-to-american-league/

Saggy Aggie
11-15-2011, 08:31 PM
that's gay. I wanted Milwaukee to go back where they belong.

Tin Cup
11-15-2011, 08:34 PM
I would love this. The Rangers come to town more often!!!

DavidWooderson
11-15-2011, 08:41 PM
I would love this too....do you know how many series sweeps the Rangers could have?

YTBulldogs
11-15-2011, 09:11 PM
As a NL guy, this sux. Hate AL style ball.

ExScoop
11-16-2011, 08:17 AM
I'm too much of a traditionalist-Keep the Astros in the NL

I hate changes-If they do put them in the Al-I'll quit going

Saw the Astros in at The Astrdome and at Minute Maid-Like the Astrodome- better

Went to over 300 game since the Colt 34 started playing

Txbroadcaster
11-16-2011, 08:50 AM
I'm too much of a traditionalist-Keep the Astros in the NL

I hate changes-If they do put them in the Al-I'll quit going

Saw the Astros in at The Astrdome and at Minute Maid-Like the Astrodome- better

man I love Minute Maid..feels like a basebal stadium..The Dome felt like a football stadium

LH_Tuff
11-16-2011, 08:52 AM

Was that before the Colt .45's? :)

Old Tiger
11-16-2011, 09:28 AM
Who cares?

regaleagle
11-16-2011, 11:25 AM
This solves alot of the divisional inequalities in MLB. It also gives the Astros a fresh start and new way to configure their upcoming teams. And for the Rangers and all the baseball fans in Texas, it creates a more unified TV marketplace, less travel, and a better environment to foster greater interest and growth for baseball in Texas in general. All in all, I would say in the long run, this move is good for both teams.

Saggy Aggie
11-16-2011, 11:33 AM
If by less travel, you mean more travel for the astros and more late night west coast games then yes.

Dh'ing sucks and 9 pm starts on the west coast blow. This move sucks and the only decent part about it is playing the Rangers more often.

Txbroadcaster
11-16-2011, 11:42 AM
If by less travel, you mean more travel for the astros and more late night west coast games then yes.

Dh'ing sucks and 9 pm starts on the west coast blow. This move sucks and the only decent part about it is playing the Rangers more often.

I hate watching pitchers either flail at the ball or bunt

Saggy Aggie
11-16-2011, 11:51 AM
I hate watching pitchers either flail at the ball or buntThat's part of the beauty of NL ball. Small ball. Bunt to get the runners across or swing away. And it's really exciting when a pitcher can get a hit.

Difference of opinion. I prefer to watch old school baseball.

Txbroadcaster
11-16-2011, 12:00 PM
That's part of the beauty of NL ball. Small ball. Bunt to get the runners across or swing away. And it's really exciting when a pitcher can get a hit.

Difference of opinion. I prefer to watch old school baseball.

problem is small ball is not even playe in the NL as much anymore..Texas plays more small ball than almost every team in the NL...I to loved it when you had teams like the Cardinals back in the 80's who stole bases, ran 1st to 3rd on everything..bunted at crazy times...but today's pitcher in the NL for th most part sucks at bunting and the batting spot is just burned and considered an easy out.

Saggy Aggie
11-16-2011, 12:42 PM
Well Idc too much about other NL teams, up until the trades, the Astros had tons of speed with bourn, bourgeois, pence, and the young guys. They'd bunt for hits and best out infield singles and our pitchers were among the better hitting ones in the NL as a whole. I like having to pull your pitcher to pinch hit in crunch time. There's more managing to try to win. The Astros were a better small ball team than most NL teams. I just prefer that kind of baseball, that's all.

SintonFan_inAustin
11-16-2011, 04:47 PM
:doh:
That's part of the beauty of NL ball. Small ball. Bunt to get the runners across or swing away. And it's really exciting when a pitcher can get a hit.

Difference of opinion. I prefer to watch old school baseball.LOL! yea lots of fun watching a pitcher hit. Yea i rather watch CJ Wilson hit than Michael Young :doh:

Good move for the Astros!

YTBulldogs
11-16-2011, 05:08 PM
This solves alot of the divisional inequalities in MLB. It also gives the Astros a fresh start and new way to configure their upcoming teams. And for the Rangers and all the baseball fans in Texas, it creates a more unified TV marketplace, less travel, and a better environment to foster greater interest and growth for baseball in Texas in general. All in all, I would say in the long run, this move is good for both teams.

Yeah, it solves some issues granted. But, so to does sending the last team they moved to the NL, Milw. Then bump KC back to the west.

Hate AL, and this suxs.

Saggy Aggie
11-16-2011, 05:57 PM
:doh:LOL! yea lots of fun watching a pitcher hit. Yea i rather watch CJ Wilson hit than Michael Young :doh:

Good move for the Astros! I said it's 'exciting when a pitcher can get a hit', not 'fun watching a pitcher hit'. Reading comprehension is a good tool. I suggest you try it out.

SintonFan_inAustin
11-16-2011, 06:09 PM
I said it's 'exciting when a pitcher can get a hit', not 'fun watching a pitcher hit'. Reading comprehension is a good tool. I suggest you try it out.its quite apparent you'll be waiting for a while to see that exciting part of a pitcher getting a hit. Wow!