PDA

View Full Version : NBA Mess...

Bullaholic
11-15-2011, 03:58 PM
Going to be no winners here. The NHL was never the same after their season-ending lockout, and so it will be for the NBA. Many players going to Europe and Asia. The old saying that billionaires can outlast millionaires is still true. Sad day for pro basketball fans.

SintonPirateFan
11-15-2011, 04:05 PM
i'm not much of a pro bball fan, but i'm on the side of the owners on this one. just a couple of years ago, they had to borrow money...something like $120million. when that is happening, i dont see how employees (players) can claim they need MORE of a percentage.

Super_R
11-15-2011, 04:21 PM
How bout we cancel the next 10 seasons...and go from there.

Emerson1
11-15-2011, 04:24 PM
Why can't the government step in? They did for the stupid steroid investigation. This actually affects tens of thousands of people who rely on the games to bring in business. I've read most cities will lose around 50 million and a city like Miami will lose 200 million.

Old Tiger
11-15-2011, 04:25 PM
Ignorant players trying to fight with smart billionaires.

Phil C
11-15-2011, 04:40 PM
:(:crying:

LIONS#1
11-15-2011, 07:18 PM
Why can't the government step in? They did for the stupid steroid investigation. This actually affects tens of thousands of people who rely on the games to bring in business. I've read most cities will lose around 50 million and a city like Miami will lose 200 million.

LMAO Really? The government needs to worry about a WHOLE BUNCH OF CRAP before worrying about Freakin basket ball....LOL!!! Maybe the players can start their own League!!! Of course they would have to organize and pool their money...But this might be an alternative...but I am with SUPER_R on this one!! Fork'em!!

Emerson1
11-15-2011, 08:08 PM
LMAO Really? The government needs to worry about a WHOLE BUNCH OF CRAP before worrying about Freakin basket ball....LOL!!! Maybe the players can start their own League!!! Of course they would have to organize and pool their money...But this might be an alternative...but I am with SUPER_R on this one!! Fork'em!!
SMH. Read the rest of my post.

These cities are losing out on 41 nights where 18,000+ people converge to their restaurants or buy stuff in the stadium. Plus the thousands of people that each arena and team employ that are now out of a job. Plus those who will be laid off from restaurants because they just lost 41 nights of business.

So ya, why shouldn't the government involved when tens of thousands of people are now out of a job?

Rabid Cougar
11-15-2011, 08:18 PM
Millionairs vs Billionairs about money.... Forcing fans to pay hundred of dollars to watch them play.... I can care less.

warhorsejoe
11-15-2011, 08:26 PM
[QUOTE=Rabid Cougar;1636831]Millionairs vs Billionairs about money.... Forcing fans to pay hundred of dollars to watch them play.... I can care less.[/QUOTE

those millianairs are soon to be thousandaires if they dont get their head on straight (greed is a deadly sin):twitch:

Emerson1
11-15-2011, 08:47 PM
Millionairs vs Billionairs about money.... Forcing fans to pay hundred of dollars to watch them play.... I can care less.
So you care a little bit?

No one FORCES fans to pay anything. You can watch the games for free on TV or at a bar. They sure as hell don't force them to pay hundreds of dollars. NBA teams don't even sale the tickets for market value. I sold a single ticket in the upper deck in the corner for the NBA finals for $230. I paid $70 for it. They could have charged $200 face value and people would have paid it.

YTBulldogs
11-15-2011, 09:29 PM
SMH. Read the rest of my post.

These cities are losing out on 41 nights where 18,000+ people converge to their restaurants or buy stuff in the stadium. Plus the thousands of people that each arena and team employ that are now out of a job. Plus those who will be laid off from restaurants because they just lost 41 nights of business.

So ya, why shouldn't the government involved when tens of thousands of people are now out of a job?

Obama will take care of those out of work from this, for 2 years.

BullsFan
11-15-2011, 09:30 PM
Well I'm disappointed. I wanted to see the Mavs get their rings and whatever else Cuban was gonna come up with. :(

rb585
11-15-2011, 10:08 PM
i'm not much of a pro bball fan, but i'm on the side of the owners on this one. just a couple of years ago, they had to borrow money...something like $120million.

The NBA has never publicly released detailed financial statements, so only a sucker would buy their claims.

That said, the NBA's problems should first be fixed by more revenue sharing. There are three franchises who have absurd revenues simply because of location. But why would would owners take money from each other when they can take it from the players?

TheDOCTORdre
11-15-2011, 10:11 PM
Ignorant players trying to fight with smart billionaires.

you mean the "smart" billionaires who over pay for under achieving players

yellaseeker
11-15-2011, 10:29 PM

Not to step on your toes but, We have too much Government intervention as it is. It will work itself out without the Government getting involved. Besides, it would end up costing the NBA and everyone else more money in the long run when the Government figures out a way to screw them out of millions.

Maroon87
11-15-2011, 10:39 PM
I'm to the point now that I don't care if they play or not.

upper20
11-15-2011, 11:02 PM
I am a basketball fan, but good riddance!!! Would rather watch college or high school any day