PDA

View Full Version : Princeton

coach
11-15-2011, 12:16 PM
how good of a chance do they have of advancing this week?

regaleagle
11-15-2011, 12:46 PM
Celina posters can probably tell you about Princeton and Van Alstyne. The Old Coach is leaning toward Van Alstyne and their qb. Supposed to be really good. And I hear they a rb that can move like the wind. Don't know much about Princeton at all.

RPF2666
11-15-2011, 05:12 PM
I'd say Princeton, based on playing in a slightly tougher district, overall. If they play ANY defense, they should beat VA who didn't play
ANY defense against Celina in October.

VA has a big O-Line, good QB and tough running back and will score. You just need to stop them a couple times as they likely won't stop you, much.

DavidWooderson
11-15-2011, 09:03 PM
My prediction is that the Panthers will win.

Farmersfan
11-18-2011, 10:27 AM
I don't think VA has a prayer of stopping Princeton. the problem is that I don't think Princeton has a prayer of stopping VA either! My Farmers played both teams in F'ville this season and had ZERO answer for the big RB from VA as they scored 62 points on us. But at the same time we scored 55 points on their bad defense. The Princeton game was closer with Princeton squeaking out a 2 point win. BTW: The Farmers missed 4 extra points in a 2 point loss to Princeton.
Here are some common opponent numbers for each team:

Farmers 55 vs VA 62= VA 655 total yards, gave up 423, (446 rushing yards by Barnes the RB for VA)
Farmers 39 vs Princeton 41= Princeton 600 total yards, gave up 457 (205 rushing yards by Dillard the QB)

Txbroadcaster
11-18-2011, 10:44 AM
broadast these teams back to back weeks

I think VA will win by 14..their ground game and OL will dominate...The offense I saw from Princeton is very inconsistent..if you get pressure on Dillard he seems to get frustrated..in fact the whole team if you get a lead on them they seem to start doing really stupid things

MoveInDad
11-18-2011, 11:51 AM
I'd say Princeton, based on playing in a slightly tougher district, overall. If they play ANY defense, they should beat VA who didn't play
ANY defense against Celina in October.

VA has a big O-Line, good QB and tough running back and will score. You just need to stop them a couple times as they likely won't stop you, much.
I will agree, with VA, it just seems to me that if you have a defensive scheme that plays man on man on the QB and RB, you got 'em whipped... though it must be a lot easier said than done because we couldn't do it. VA had 75 running plays and those 2 accounted for every single yard.... they completed 1 pass.