PDA

View Full Version : Argyle vs Prosper, Part Deux

Bullaholic
11-14-2011, 05:00 PM
If this ends up being the Reg GOTW, please merge this thread...

Ought to be a real war. Two teams with lots of studs on both sides of the ball. I like Prosper by 7, if they get really fired up, but if Argyle can find a way to hit some big plays--they could win this one just as well.

firstdown
11-14-2011, 07:40 PM
In the first meeting Prosper beat us (Argyle) like a drum. I'm hoping they leave their drum sticks at home on Friday. Should be one heck of a game. You going Mr. Bull?

Bullaholic
11-14-2011, 07:44 PM
In the first meeting Prosper beat us (Argyle) like a drum. I'm hoping they leave their drum sticks at home on Friday. Should be one heck of a game. You going Mr. Bull?

I am considering it--but I have to get permission first....:D This one will be a head-knocker for sure.

orange machine
11-14-2011, 08:44 PM
I am considering it--but I have to get permission first....:D This one will be a head-knocker for sure.
I think I'm gonna pull for Argyle this week and hope they give the 4a Prosper school a good 3a butt whoopin.

Eagle2
11-14-2011, 09:49 PM
I think I'm gonna pull for Argyle this week and hope they give the 4a Prosper school a good 3a butt whoopin.

Don't hate. Prosper is 3A for now!

orange machine
11-14-2011, 10:00 PM
Don't hate. Prosper is 3A for now!

I don't hate Prosper that would be crazy, but they are probably the biggest 3a school and I like the whole David vs Goliath thing.

DavidWooderson
11-14-2011, 10:36 PM
I will be there......Frisco Jr. vs. Southlake Jr.

bowleghorses
11-14-2011, 10:41 PM
I don't hate Prosper that would be crazy, but they are probably the biggest 3a school and I like the whole David vs Goliath thing.

This is not possible...They are in Div. 2

Leopard4Life
11-14-2011, 10:46 PM
This is not possible...They are in Div. 2

No it is possible. At the last alignment Lovejoy was the big school in 11-3A. Prosper has grown a lot thanks to move-ins and open enrollment. Without looking it up I think they turned in 1257 on snapshot day.

DavidWooderson
11-14-2011, 10:54 PM
It's possible when Lovejoy is bigger....LOL

bowleghorses
11-14-2011, 10:56 PM
officially they are smaller than Lovejoy ...correct?

bobcat4life
11-14-2011, 11:24 PM
officially they are smaller than Lovejoy ...correct?
As of last realignment, yes. On snapshot day last month, Prosper turned in the largest number of any school that was 3a in 2010-2011. It was around 1300 I believe. Lovejoy turned in 1100 or so. Both will be 4a next alignment

regaleagle
11-14-2011, 11:43 PM
Well, in the original David vs. Goliath, we all know what happened. I'm sure Coach Rodgers and the players will say a pregame prayer, go out onto the field of battle, and have qb Aune sling a few rocks downfield. Just hoping we fell the 'giant' by the time all is said and done. Good luck to both teams in an injury-free contest, and may we witness once again the slewing of the 'giant'. Actually, Argyle probably has as good a chance as any DII team would of beating this talented and physical Prosper Eagle team. We know their offensive and defensive sets, and what to expect. The trick is just outplaying them. They are really good! And really tough!

Bullaholic
11-15-2011, 09:43 AM
Are both of the teams 100% healthy for this one? No key injuries, I hope.

DavidWooderson
11-15-2011, 11:45 AM
Well I hear that Prosper has a cheerleader who has a broken arm, but is battling through with a cast on her arm, and for Argyle, they have a tuba player with a sprained ankle, he's going to try to march at halftime, but may end up standing on the sideline by the pit.

bowleghorses
11-15-2011, 01:24 PM
Well I hear that Prosper has a cheerleader who has a broken arm, but is battling through with a cast on her arm, and for Argyle, they have a tuba player with a sprained ankle, he's going to try to march at halftime, but may end up standing on the sideline by the pit.

It's not a cheerleader. It's her bestfriends cousin's puppy who has a broken tail, but you know how the story changes. The football team is ready to go.:2thumbsup

firstdown
11-15-2011, 03:28 PM

Our Tuba player is getting treatment everyday. He told me personally that he would tape it and march. :) As for our football team much like the other Eagles I believe we are as healthy as can be expected.

regaleagle
11-15-2011, 09:23 PM
And the reason Region 2 has no GOTW is because they are all GOTW this week, and next week, and the week after that. It just never stops til the semis.

ctown81
11-17-2011, 10:36 AM
Good luck to both teams from Carthage. I could care less who wins. We're in for a dogfight either way if we advance to the next round. Where is this game being played. I'm in the metroplex area and i'm burnt out on allen/trinity games.

RPF2666
11-17-2011, 10:40 AM
CH Collins in Denton

eaglesfan34
11-17-2011, 11:01 AM
Can't wait for this game! Should be another great battle between two really good teams. Check it out at http://www.meridix.com/everywhere.php?liveid=sportsgram9

ctown81
11-17-2011, 11:24 AM
The winner of this game has the toughest road to state. A possible showdown with my bulldogs next week, gilmer or van the week after. It's going to be grueling. I will definitely be there.

MajorApplehorn
11-17-2011, 11:38 AM
The winner of this game has the toughest road to state. A possible showdown with my bulldogs next week, gilmer or van the week after. It's going to be grueling. I will definitely be there.

I think the winner of this game plays at Jerryworld for the SC. Either team should be able to beat Carthage and Gilmer. Won't be easy, but I think they are the best 2 teams in the region.

PHOP
11-17-2011, 11:54 AM
I think the winner of this game plays at Jerryworld for the SC. Either team should be able to beat Carthage and Gilmer. Won't be easy, but I think they are the best 2 teams in the region.
Agree 100%:iagree:
Should be a FANTASTIC game!! Looking forward to physical close game

Bullaholic
11-17-2011, 11:58 AM
How did Prosper win the first meeting between these two? Not a "stir-it-up" question--just curious of how the first game unfolded.

regaleagle
11-17-2011, 12:07 PM
A complete butt-whipping was given to us by a team that came to do exactly that. They outplayed us on our turf and broke our 33-game homefield win streak. It was homecoming week for us that week, Aune was pressured as never before and overthrew recievers, or they dropped balls, and he threw 2 of the 4 interceptions he's had all year, each of which led to Prosper points. They did everything right, and Argyle committed errors that cost us. That's the way it went. They played good football, and we just played like an average team. Prosper had everything to do with that. They are GOOD. And FAST. And BIG. And PHYSICAL. And TALENTED.

BuckeyeNut
11-17-2011, 12:34 PM

:eek::eek::twitch::ack!:

ctown81
11-17-2011, 12:36 PM

Bold statement. I think that remains to be seen. All four are very close in my book. I do feel Gilmer and carthage are more battle tested. Looking forward to the remaining rounds.

regaleagle
11-17-2011, 12:41 PM
I agree with you, ctown81. This region is a total "coin toss" in both divisions among 4 teams.

regaleagle
11-17-2011, 12:42 PM
Let me clarify that statement. Among 4 teams in each division.

Bullaholic
11-17-2011, 01:27 PM
Thanks for the honesty, regal. That's the same thing they did to the Bulls---except worse. I'm sure the Argyle coaches have memorized that game film and adjusted accordingly.

firstdown
11-17-2011, 01:41 PM
Thanks for the honesty, regal. That's the same thing they did to the Bulls---except worse. I'm sure the Argyle coaches have memorized that game film and adjusted accordingly.

"Make no mistake, it's not revenge we're after. It's a reckonin"

PHOP
11-17-2011, 01:43 PM
Regal was right Prosper did a great job pressuring the QB who by the way owned us his soph and Jr (x2) years. The QB is a great talent have to respect him and I am sure this will be a much different game. I can't wait to see the game regardless of the outcome it will be a fun game to watch. Good luck to both teams

OldNavy
11-17-2011, 07:35 PM
Regal was right Prosper did a great job pressuring the QB who by the way owned us his soph and Jr (x2) years. The QB is a great talent have to respect him and I am sure this will be a much different game. I can't wait to see the game regardless of the outcome it will be a fun game to watch. Good luck to both teams

What confuses me is that Prosper beat Argyle about the same as they beat Wilmer-Hutchins. Is Wilmer-Hutchins that good, as good as the Argyle team Prosper played seven weeks ago?

regaleagle
11-18-2011, 12:13 AM
I don't think so, Old Navy. We didn't play them, but most good teams have evolved since that time, and certainly Argyle has, too. We executed poorly against Prosper that night, and Prosper made sure we paid for it. Any other team, we probably would have won despite the poor execution. Then things got dicey for the team and we panicked cuz we were behind and playing a team that was truly our equal in most aspects. So we lost. That's about the size of it. It happens to good teams, and it happened to Argyle. I hope our bounce back shows up tomorrow night. We WILL see a great game, no doubt about it.

Gsquared
11-18-2011, 07:51 AM
Soooo, whats the head count for tonight? Who else is going. I am so theres 1.

bowleghorses
11-18-2011, 07:54 AM
I only wish I could be there for this one, but I will be listening. :cheerl:

OldNavy
11-18-2011, 08:00 AM

I can't make any games this weekend, but I am going to follow this game play by play on the Dallas Morning News website and listen to the Celina, Lovejoy game.

I sure miss me some Frito Chili Pie from the consession stand!

Gsquared
11-18-2011, 08:02 AM
I can't make any games this weekend, but I am going to follow this game play by play on the Dallas Morning News website and listen to the Celina, Lovejoy game.

I sure miss me some Frito Chili Pie from the consession stand!
You coming back home in the next few weeks to catch some playoff games?

SHSBulldog00
11-18-2011, 10:50 AM
The Prosper special teams has a bad snap on an extra-point.

Argyle by just a smudge 28-27

OldNavy
11-18-2011, 12:28 PM
You coming back home in the next few weeks to catch some playoff games?

No, headed to Chicago tomorrow for Thanksgiving with northern grand kids then back here for Christmas with the Florida crowd. I just hope one or more of my grand kids get into football.

Gsquared
11-18-2011, 12:29 PM
I only wish I could be there for this one, but I will be listening. :cheerl:
I wish you could too, im runnin low on boudin :cheerl:

firstdown
11-18-2011, 01:02 PM

I might make it. :crazy:

Gsquared
11-18-2011, 01:09 PM
I might make it. :crazy:
Yall home or visitors? Im gonna sit on the home side all the way at the top on the 50, hopefully under that pressbox overhang thingy.

firstdown
11-18-2011, 01:20 PM
Yall home or visitors? Im gonna sit on the home side all the way at the top on the 50, hopefully under that pressbox overhang thingy.

We're home team and since you're sitting on the home side remember to wear black or red. :) I'll see ya there.

Gsquared
11-18-2011, 01:45 PM
We're home team and since you're sitting on the home side remember to wear black or red. :) I'll see ya there.
Oh man! Im wearin khakis and a blue shirt and dont have time to go back and change on my way. Atleast im not wearin green and gray though.

OldNavy
11-18-2011, 02:10 PM

Y'all are doomed! You can beat Prosper, but no way to beat Prosper and the Goo Goo Curse!!!!!!!!!!:ack!::ack!:

Offer him unlimited nachos to sit on the Prosper side, quick, don't hesitate! You owe it to you team.

(You might need to throw in some beer and a couple of midgets) if you really want to win.

Gsquared
11-18-2011, 02:12 PM
Y'all are doomed! You can beat Prosper, but no way to beat Prosper and the Goo Goo Curse!!!!!!!!!!:ack!::ack!:

Offer him unlimited nachos to sit on the Prosper side, quick, don't hesitate! You owe it to you team.

(You might need to throw in some beer and a couple of midgets) if you really want to win.
:eek:

OldNavy
11-18-2011, 02:16 PM
:eek:

You will enjoy a great game, midgets on no!

regaleagle
11-18-2011, 02:27 PM
Argyle is gonna help break the G-curse tonite!(Gulp-I hope???):eek::ack!:

firstdown
11-18-2011, 02:56 PM
Argyle is gonna help break the G-curse tonite!(Gulp-I hope???):eek::ack!:

He sat with me last year when we beat Sanger in their house. (when the track meet broke out) Do not fear G2 ... all will be fine. On a side note G2 the midgets will be in the band semi.

bowleghorses
11-18-2011, 03:48 PM
What # is Aune wearing? Dang it , I can't find the needles anywhere.:taunt:

firstdown
11-18-2011, 03:58 PM
What # is Aune wearing? Dang it , I can't find the needles anywhere.:taunt:

Aune is out sick. I was told we were running the wishbone tonight with Sadler, Bossow and Kahn in the backfield and Keenan at QB.:1popcorn:

bowleghorses
11-18-2011, 06:54 PM
Found my needles...What numbers do they wear?:twitch:

regaleagle
11-18-2011, 11:36 PM
What a great win for Argyle. 40-24 was the final score. Carthage is next up. Next Friday in Mansfield. Good job Eagles.

LionFan72
11-19-2011, 12:03 AM
Good job Argyle Eagles, Revenge is so sweet. Take an axe to grind whilst stomping some Bull Dogs from East Texas Spud Dogs!