PDA

View Full Version : Region III AREA GotW: Tyler Chapel Hill(11-0) Vs. La Vega(11-0)

Yoe_09
11-14-2011, 11:34 AM
Tyler Chapel Hill(4-0/11-0)

26-Aug @Westwood W 74-23
01-Sep Whitehouse W 59-49
09-Sep @Carthage W 21-20
16-Sep Hallsville W 29-22
23-Sep @Lindale W 51-29
30-Sep Center W 45-17
07-Oct Bullard* W 50-6
14-Oct @Brownsboro* W 49-21
21-Oct Rusk* W 51-7
04-Nov @Athens* W 64-7

BI-DISTRICT Jasper W 70-28

Waco La Vega(5-0/11-0)

26-Aug @Prosper W 33-21
02-Sep Cameron Yoe W 19-14
09-Sep @Marlin W 35-0
16-Sep Mexia W 60-9
23-Sep University W 42-26
07-Oct Lorena* W 27-20
14-Oct @Connally* W 40-0
21-Oct Robinson* W 28-14
28-Oct Gatesville* W 35-13
04-Nov @China Spring* W 28-24

BI-DISTRICT Palestine W 35-20

Thoughts?

HEMOTOXIC
11-14-2011, 12:26 PM
Ch 49 lv 28.

waterboy
11-14-2011, 12:27 PM
I think Chapel Hill runs away with it by 3 TDs, or more. The Bulldogs are seemingly playing on a different level than most 3A teams at this point. Besides, they have Saenz back, and he is leading the offense to incredible numbers with speed all over the field. LaVega better hope for some early TOs, and a bad game by CH to stay in this one, in my opinion.

Yoe_09
11-14-2011, 06:10 PM
ttt.

neck_06
11-14-2011, 06:13 PM
Chapel Hill by 24.

easttxsportsfan
11-14-2011, 10:16 PM
I think CH wins this one but by a small margin.

OldBison75
11-14-2011, 10:17 PM
I generally believe that any team can be beat on any given night. However, it will take a monumental effort by LaVega to win this week. They will have to play the perfect game on offense and force the CH boys to make uncharacteristic mistakes. It will take winning the turnover battle and capitalizing on those turnovers with points. Plus, LaVega will have to force CH to work for every score (long drives instead of quick scores). Could it happen? Yes and I can win the Powerball--NOT!!!! CH 45 LaVega 17

defense51
11-15-2011, 06:57 AM
La Vega is a good team, no way this is a blowout. Chapel Hill does give away some points, so I think CH 41- LV 27. But with that being said, La Vega could pull off a huge upset if the offense is firing on all cylinders.

cowboyandchrist
11-15-2011, 10:47 AM
La Vega is a good team, no way this is a blowout. Chapel Hill does give away some points, so I think CH 41- LV 27. But with that being said, La Vega could pull off a huge upset if the offense is firing on all cylinders.

Your hoping for a close game, because if it is not, you no the massacure is looming provided Alvarado makes it that far. The speed from the East or the Beast from from the East, take your pick.

defense51
11-15-2011, 04:21 PM
I'm not hoping for a close game, it really doesn't make a difference to me. I just think La Vega is a pretty good football team, better not look too far ahead...

Rabid Cougar
11-15-2011, 08:12 PM
LaVega had a hard time stopping China Spring (0-5 in District) running game. They are not near the physical team that they are cracked up to be. And it wasn't that LV was overlooking China Spring. If they could have they would have hung 100 on us.

TCH by what ever they want the score to be.

buff4ever
11-16-2011, 09:52 AM
end of the road for la vega, good season

Raider Red
11-17-2011, 09:01 AM
This should be a good old fashioned barn burner of a game. La Vega can pound the rock and keep it out of CH's hands and shorten the game. They are probably not as fast overall as Ch but have adequate speed to compete. Massey, Max Preps, etc. all predict a 3-4 point game. In that event, one mistake, penalty, turnover at the wrong time is crucial. I think LV controls the ball and the clock and wins by 7. They are the underdogs and picked by very few, but don't discount that they are very talented and have 3 backs at or near 1000 yds apiece. I wouldn't say they struggled with China Spring-they gave CS the ball at the 13 once and the 19 once. Besides, China Spring wasn't a slouch, either. Losing 5 district games by 1-4 points does not make them a bad team. I think all three 19-AAA win this weekend and advance to the next round.

regaleagle
11-17-2011, 01:08 PM
Pounding the ball and playing keep away from CHILL won't work. It may work on some spread teams, but not CHILL. All they require is the football in their hands 3 or 4 times a half to win. That equates to 6-8 TD's minimum, unless you can stop them 50% of the time. And then they COULD get the ball more than that by stopping LV. Or LV COULD score and have to kick to them and trade TD's. Will LV be able to do this all night? My guess is no. Can CHILL score on 75% of their possessions? A more likely scenario. If LV wants to win this game, it will need DEFENSIVE STOPS to win. Ball possession will then help, but CHILL will always be able to score in one play all night. Good luck to you, LeVega. I'd like to see how you measure up with all their speed and talent.

Raider Red
11-17-2011, 03:15 PM
I think LV matches up pretty well with the talent Carthage has this year and I think CH won that game 21-20. so, apparently, CH can be stopped at least part of the time. And if I remember correctly, they gave up 34 to White House so they can be scored on. It should be agood game. I do not expect either team to score more than 28 since they both play pretty good defense. i know CH has the capability to score from anywhere on the field but LV plays pretty solid defense and has enough speed to keep up. Should be a good game. I predict LV 28-21.

cowboyandchrist
11-17-2011, 06:48 PM
I think LV matches up pretty well with the talent Carthage has this year and I think CH won that game 21-20. so, apparently, CH can be stopped at least part of the time. And if I remember correctly, they gave up 34 to White House so they can be scored on. It should be agood game. I do not expect either team to score more than 28 since they both play pretty good defense. i know CH has the capability to score from anywhere on the field but LV plays pretty solid defense and has enough speed to keep up. Should be a good game. I predict LV 28-21.
I am a Carthage alum and played for the Dawgs. Chapell Hill got their Q/B and R/B knocked out in the first quarter of that game and they were missing four more starters with injuries. They brought in the back up Q/B that is the starting receiver. If all were playing in that game, the score would not have been that close. Chapell Hill has everybody back, this game could be close but I don't believe it will be. I say Chapell Hill by 21.

garciap77
11-17-2011, 10:00 PM
I'm going with La Vega in a close one!

ogg
11-18-2011, 11:06 AM
I'm going with La Vega in a close one!

Could be right, but I have to go with Chapell Hill on this one.

Roughneck93
11-18-2011, 02:18 PM
Chapel Hill by 21.

waterboy
11-18-2011, 02:53 PM
I'll say it again, I don't think LaVega will be able to keep Chapel Hill out of the endzone often enough. I think the Bulldogs roll on.

j_dog
11-18-2011, 04:41 PM
In a couple hours, I will hear over for this game. Excited to see a game of the week! :clap:

j_dog
11-18-2011, 04:42 PM
I'll say it again, I don't think LaVega will be able to keep Chapel Hill out of the endzone often enough. I think the Bulldogs roll on.
I agree. LV will not keep CH out of the end zone. LV's best chance to win is to score early and often.

j_dog
11-18-2011, 11:21 PM
Chapel Hill 27, La Vega 20

Chapel Hill scored on third down from their own six yard line with about a minute to go in the game. That was about a 94 or so yard run for the score. At that point the momentum seemed to be in favor of La Vega. Good game La Vega! La Vega forced turnovers, and had a tremendous kicking game to keep CH off balance. CH was lucky to escape with the win.

regaleagle
11-19-2011, 12:38 AM
Geez, what happened to the 'mighty' East Texas speed in this one, anyway? Must have gotten negated by good ol' fashion football and defense, I bet. But a win is a win at this point, and CHILL deserves a congrats for overcoming adversity and moving forward.

cowboyandchrist
11-19-2011, 12:54 AM
Geez, what happened to the 'mighty' East Texas speed in this one, anyway? Must have gotten negated by good ol' fashion football and defense, I bet. But a win is a win at this point, and CHILL deserves a congrats for overcoming adversity and moving forward.
Unless I am missing something, a 96 yard romp with nobody catching him says enough for the East Texas speed and what would the score have been without all the fumbles. I give credit where credit is due. No one has held Chapell Hill in check until tonight. Good job La Vega, you were way better than I thought.
As far as East Texas speed goes, Carthage, Henderson, and Gilmer 16 3a moving right along just as planed. Chapell Hill will not lose, they may win by 1 or 50. A win is a win.

j_dog
11-19-2011, 01:27 AM
Unless I am missing something, a 96 yard romp with nobody catching him says enough for the East Texas speed and what would the score have been without all the fumbles. I give credit where credit is due. No one has held Chapell Hill in check until tonight. Good job La Vega, you were way better than I thought.
As far as East Texas speed goes, Carthage, Henderson, and Gilmer 16 3a moving right along just as planed. Chapell Hill will not lose, they may win by 1 or 50. A win is a win.
Yes, it was speed! And from what I could see, LV had an angle on him. Didn't do them any good. And true, LV did have the benefit of some turnovers. Part of the game. But CH speed won it in the end. Not that LV was without speed however.

defense51
11-19-2011, 05:22 AM
A possible dent in the armor of CH? I knew LaVega was better than anyone was giving them credit for. Good game LV and congratulations CH on your win.

83Indian
11-19-2011, 10:21 PM
A lot of us non East texas teams were hoping La Vega would play CH to a close one. Some one was posting score updates on one thread and actually I think said La Vega had the ball 1st and goal on the one but then got a 5 yard false start penalty and eventually couldnt punch it in from the one. I think they said there was less than 2 minutes left. So why not kick the field goal? Did La Vega just think they would not be able to hold Chapel Hill? I would love to see a replay of this one.

Saggy Aggie
11-19-2011, 10:30 PM
A lot of us non East texas teams were hoping La Vega would play CH to a close one. Some one was posting score updates on one thread and actually I think said La Vega had the ball 1st and goal on the one but then got a 5 yard false start penalty and eventually couldnt punch it in from the one. I think they said there was less than 2 minutes left. So why not kick the field goal? Did La Vega just think they would not be able to hold Chapel Hill? I would love to see a replay of this one. I was the one posting updates and LV had 3rd and 4th and goal at the one. Chill stopped them twice with the help of a fase start.

They didn't kick the fg because their kicker wasn't good. He had already missed an extra point.

83Indian
11-19-2011, 10:44 PM
I was the one posting updates and LV had 3rd and 4th and goal at the one. Chill stopped them twice with the help of a fase start.

They didn't kick the fg because their kicker wasn't good. He had already missed an extra point.

That is just too bad. I bet the La Vega players and community are sick over this one. I couldn't believe it when I refreshed my phone and went from 4th and 1 to touchdown CH. Sounds like La Vega had this one in control at the end and should have been able to kick an 18 yard field goal. Just heart breaking for La Vega.

Chillfan
11-21-2011, 08:58 AM
That is just too bad. I bet the La Vega players and community are sick over this one. I couldn't believe it when I refreshed my phone and went from 4th and 1 to touchdown CH. Sounds like La Vega had this one in control at the end and should have been able to kick an 18 yard field goal. Just heart breaking for La Vega.
LV had the best defense we have seen all year. LV's RB was very good. Both teams played a good clean ballgame. This game humbled CH IMO. I think this nailbiter will wake the dogs up and we"ll see some new energy. LV is very deserving of being in the top 10.

Saggy Aggie
11-21-2011, 09:08 AM
LV had the best defense we have seen all year. LV's RB was very good. Both teams played a good clean ballgame. This game humbled CH IMO. I think this nailbiter will wake the dogs up and we"ll see some new energy. LV is very deserving of being in the top 10.

I agree. LV had a VERY good team. Big athletic linemen, talented RBs and a very solid defense. QB was a little inaccurate, but adequate.

LV nearly won this game, but in the end, Chill RB broke one when they were simply trying to run the clock out and go to OT.