PDA

View Full Version : Great first round for D29

yellaseeker
11-13-2011, 09:26 PM
For three days in a row, D29 was well represented. Congratulations to Columbia, Wharton and Sweeny for making it to R2. All but Columbia was considered underdogs in these three games and our 2nd and 3rd place teams proved they had what it takes to be a contender in the playoffs. A couple reasons for the success of all three teams is taking care of the pigskin and capitalizing on the other teams turnovers, which is critical from here on out. The other is, the defense working their tails off and getting key stops when they really need it and putting their offense back on the field to wear the other teams defense down. Keep it up guys and let's have a good run at it. :clap: :2thumbsup

BlueThunder5
11-13-2011, 09:31 PM
They should all advance to the next round as well.

Saggy Aggie
11-13-2011, 09:31 PM
For three days in a row, D29 was well represented. Congratulations to Columbia, Wharton and Sweeny for making it to R2. All but Columbia was considered underdogs in these three games and our 2nd and 3rd place teams proved they had what it takes to be a contender in the playoffs. A couple reasons for the success of all three teams is taking care of the pigskin and capitalizing on the other teams turnovers, which is critical from here on out. The other is, the defense working their tails off and getting key stops when they really need it and putting their offense back on the field to wear the other teams defense down. Keep it up guys and let's have a good run at it. :clap: :2thumbsup I'm betting all 3 win again this week. Wharton/OG should be the only game thats even close.

pirate4state
11-13-2011, 09:34 PM
I'm betting all 3 win again this week. Wharton/OG should be the only game thats even close. I don't even think that game will be close. Wharton's size & speed will be too much for OG.

SHSBulldog00
11-13-2011, 09:57 PM
For three days in a row, D29 was well represented. Congratulations to Columbia, Wharton and Sweeny for making it to R2. All but Columbia was considered underdogs in these three games and our 2nd and 3rd place teams proved they had what it takes to be a contender in the playoffs. A couple reasons for the success of all three teams is taking care of the pigskin and capitalizing on the other teams turnovers, which is critical from here on out. The other is, the defense working their tails off and getting key stops when they really need it and putting their offense back on the field to wear the other teams defense down. Keep it up guys and let's have a good run at it. :clap: :2thumbsup

http://smileys.on-my-web.com/repository/MSN_Emoticons/MSN-Emoticon-applause-004.gif

Phil C
11-13-2011, 10:07 PM
I'm betting all 3 win again this week. Wharton/OG should be the only game thats even close.

I agree but the OG/Wharaton game should not be close. District 29 gets a free ride this week.

SintonFan_inAustin
11-14-2011, 11:20 AM
I agree but the OG/Wharaton game should not be close. District 29 gets a free ride this week.you'll be wrong on this one PhilC :)

OG was fortunate that Ingleside was knocked out as i think they would had struggle against that type of offense.

Roughneck93
11-14-2011, 11:25 AM
you'll be wrong on this one PhilC :)OG was fortunate that Ingleside was knocked out as i think they would had struggle against that type of offense.What type of offense does OG run?

SintonFan_inAustin
11-14-2011, 11:27 AM
What type of offense does OG run?same as Sinton and Ingleside

Saggy Aggie
11-14-2011, 11:28 AM
you'll be wrong on this one PhilC :)

OG was fortunate that Ingleside was knocked out as i think they would had struggle against that type of offense. Still not a believer, eh? We'll see...

yellaseeker
11-14-2011, 10:29 PM
I'm betting all 3 win again this week. Wharton/OG should be the only game thats even close.

Yeah, that is the only game that I wouldn't lay down a big bet on but, those tigers impressed me with the win over Ingleside and to tell you the truth, wharton was the one D29 team that i thought had the greatest chance of getting knocked out in the first round. I guaged wharton off of how we played them and thought sweeny should have beat them as well so, I didn't have a lot of confidence in them pulling it out. I think they have just simply gotten better and better all the way around since the first of the season. I kicked myself for not going to see that game but I was worn out from the game and drive from the night before. Looks like their offense is hitting on more cylinders now and with that QB being as fast and slippery as he is, OG just might have their hands full if wharton's defense makes a good stand. I wish them all the luck in this one.