PDA

View Full Version : Coldspring Trojans vs Bellville Brahmas

Bull's-eye
11-13-2011, 08:38 PM
Friday night 7:30 pm @ Klein Memorial

Coldspring (11-0) D22-II-W vs Bellville (10-1) D24-II-W

Coldspring advances to the 2nd round of the playoffs with a 7-0 win over Bridge City. Bellville defeated a talented Giddings team 28-18. Below are the regular season records for both schools.

Coldspring(6-0/10-0)

26-Aug @Kirbyville W 49-6
02-Sep Madisonville W 49-10
09-Sep @Crockett W 60-20
16-Sep Orangefield W 50-0
23-Sep @Tarkington* W 67-8
30-Sep Shepherd* W 60-0
07-Oct @Splendora* W 67-0
14-Oct Cleveland* W 61-0
28-Oct @Hargrave* W 20-3
04-Nov Liberty* W 68-13

Bellville(3-1/9-1)

26-Aug Caldwell W 63-14
02-Sep @Lockhart W 21-6
09-Sep Cuero W 21-13
16-Sep @Sweeny W 29-6
23-Sep @Needville W 52-0
30-Sep La Grange W 48-3
07-Oct Columbus* W 42-0
21-Oct @Sealy* L 18-13
28-Oct Royal* W 35-8
04-Nov @Stafford* W 44-13

Saggy Aggie
11-13-2011, 08:44 PM
I'm picking the upset.

Bellville 14
Coldspring 7

pirate4state
11-13-2011, 10:42 PM
I'm picking the upset.

Bellville 14
Coldspring 7

If your CS assessment is accurate; I agree. Go Brahmas.

SHSBulldog00
11-13-2011, 10:52 PM
+3:cheerl:

the genious
11-13-2011, 10:54 PM
Well i have seen Bellville play this year and they are 110% better than last year that being said I believe Coldsprings defense can stop the run!

The Bull #40
11-13-2011, 11:31 PM
Well, Colspring comes in at an impressive 11-0 with ridiculous scores in the 50's and 60's. But last week, they squeaked by Bridge City 7-0.. what was the difference? Anyone who's gone to most of their games have any insight? I believe our Bulls should have beat Giddings by at least 3 TD's but got caught sleeping when Giddings started throwing the ball. I'll have to get some more info about CS throughout the week before i throw my prediction out there.

"Clear eyes, full hearts, can't lose."

Saggy Aggie
11-13-2011, 11:48 PM
Coldspring played WEAK competition most of the year. The two decent teams they played have held cs to a combined 21 points, although cs has held them to just 3. Coldspring has a top notch defense (one of the absolute best in 3a)... But bellville will be by far the best team they've played. I think bellville had enough offense to scrounge a couple tds, and I just don't see cs offense doing much against a solid defense like the bellville d.

I think this is a perfect storm for an upset and I'll be shocked if either team scores more than 14 lol

I got bellville in a low scoring game but you better believe cs is gonna make the brahmas earn every yard they gain.

GUNHO
11-14-2011, 08:17 AM
Coldspring played WEAK competition most of the year. The two decent teams they played have held cs to a combined 21 points, although cs has held them to just 3. Coldspring has a top notch defense (one of the absolute best in 3a)... But bellville will be by far the best team they've played. I think bellville had enough offense to scrounge a couple tds, and I just don't see cs offense doing much against a solid defense like the bellville d.

I think this is a perfect storm for an upset and I'll be shocked if either team scores more than 14 lol

I got bellville in a low scoring game but you better believe cs is gonna make the brahmas earn every yard they gain.

Yeah Coldsprings weak schedual showed against a talented BC team.Coldspring only score came off a big play,other than that BC kept them in check.Bc's defense would bend but would stop Coldspring time and time again.Coldsprings defense did a good job on a talented BC offense as well.Coldsprings strenght is in their defense but they have a back in Gilbert that can score from anywhere on the field as we saw in the BC game.This game will tell if Coldspring is the real deal or not.

LionFan72
11-14-2011, 08:35 AM
Beware the Trojan friends, Coldspring by as many as needed!

Sportshack
11-14-2011, 08:38 AM

Interesting. I know this much...Sherman Glibert for Coldspring does not meed much room to take it to the house! That kid is realy, really fast!!!! Do you think that their offensive line is down that much from last year?

The other question is can Bellville pass the ball if need be? Sounds like it could be a slug fest. Would like to see this game.

rancher
11-14-2011, 09:04 AM
Bellville's achilles heel is its passing game. Their passing game is run long and fling it. If Bellville cannot run the ball, it could be a long night for them and they will have to play defense and force mistakes as they have all year. I predict that who ever wins this game will win DII in Region 3 and make it to the state championship game.

Saggy Aggie
11-14-2011, 09:11 AM
Bellville's achilles heel is its passing game. Their passing game is run long and fling it. If Bellville cannot run the ball, it could be a long night for them and they will have to play defense and force mistakes as they have all year. I predict that who ever wins this game will win DII in Region 3 and make it to the state championship game.

I doubt bellville will be able to pass much on CS, but they didnt seem susceptible to a good running game. BC gashed them a few times but didnt have the break away speed to score.

Bone Pile
11-14-2011, 09:14 AM
BV,Not on your best day. CS by 21 going away!!!! Maybe next year BV. Your not that good!!!

Gsquared
11-14-2011, 09:15 AM
I know Coldspring had some trouble with BC last week but I kept thinking back to the night I saw them this year, how good thier defense was, how quick they were offensivly. Im goin with CS.

Saggy Aggie
11-14-2011, 09:16 AM
BV,Not on your best day. CS by 21 going away!!!! Maybe next year BV. Your not that good!!! Have you seen CS?

I havent seen Bellville this year, but i have seen quality bellville teams in the past and i know the kind of athletes they have. They've beaten good competition and they have a solid team. I just dont see either team scoring 21, much less winning by 21.

I know Coldspring had some trouble with BC last week but I kept thinking back to the night I saw them this year, how good thier defense was, how quick they were offensivly. Im goin with CS. G, I know their defense is exceptional. It will take a solid offense to even score once, but their offense looked anemic against a big, but slow, BC defense. I was expecting much more BIG runs, but only 1. CS has serious speed on D, but looked very susceptible to a power run game, which is exactly what bellville has.

Gsquared
11-14-2011, 09:22 AM
Have you seen CS?

I havent seen Bellville this year, but i have seen quality bellville teams in the past and i know the kind of athletes they have. They've beaten good competition and they have a solid team. I just dont see either team scoring 21, much less winning by 21.

G, I know their defense is exceptional. It will take a solid offense to even score once, but their offense looked anemic against a big, but slow, BC defense. I was expecting much more BIG runs, but only 1. CS has serious speed on D, but looked very susceptible to a power run game, which is exactly what bellville has.
Man, I wish I could go to this one Saggy!

Saggy Aggie
11-14-2011, 09:27 AM
In theory, i could go to this one, but I'll be heading to LaVega/Chill instead. I've seen CS once, so I'm trying to see a few more teams and maybe scout TCH a bit before our potential semifinal rematch.

Hopefully, I just caught CS on a bad night and a night where their coach didnt want to show much for the scouts and had no reason to when it was clear they could win 7-0 if they wanted.

I think its gonna be a tough defensvie battle with the edge going to the team who wins the field position/ST battle. A big KO return or punt return could be just enough. or if one team makes a mistake and throws a pick6. I dont think there will be much offensive scoring.

buff4ever
11-14-2011, 11:09 AM
I am pulling for Bellville in this one, but I am not sure that they will be able to score more than 7 or 10 on what appears to be a very good Coldspring defense. The giddings defense gave up 14 to bellville if you don't count the kick off return and our fumble on own 9. Then if we were really being excuse makers, which we are not (we got beat), there was a questionable no call on the long TD pass. Our d-back was running in stride with bellville reciever and fell. Looked to prolly trip over self, but this usually doesn't happen for no reason, and receiver's arms extended implying a push as he fell. What I am saying here is that I am not sure that bellville will be able to put up much in this game in the way of points.

Bellville has a very good line that plays very hard, the only drive that the line actually completed was the game winning one that put us down 10. That was a drive that I thought bellville was going to be able to do more of, and just never really did the whole game. For Bellville to win this game, they will have to put together atleast 2 of those drives, cause I don't think that Coldspring will gift bellville as much as giddings did.

Still pulling for you here bulls, no hard feelings, just the way I see it.

Manso/V8
11-14-2011, 11:09 AM
Interesting. I know this much...Sherman Glibert for Coldspring does not meed much room to take it to the house! That kid is realy, really fast!!!! Do you think that their offensive line is down that much from last year?

The other question is can Bellville pass the ball if need be? Sounds like it could be a slug fest. Would like to see this game.

How fast is Sherman Gilbert? Maybe someone that has seen them play this year can tell us. I looked at his recruiting profiles and found him listed at 4.4 (scout.com), 4.63(espn), and 4.85(Under Armour combine). Scout.com also shows he has an offer from Lamar.

He may not be the fastet player on the field Friday, Bellville has several backs that are sub 4.6.

Saggy Aggie
11-14-2011, 11:27 AM
How fast is Sherman Gilbert? Maybe someone that has seen them play this year can tell us. I looked at his recruiting profiles and found him listed at 4.4 (scout.com), 4.63(espn), and 4.85(Under Armour combine). Scout.com also shows he has an offer from Lamar.

He may not be the fastet player on the field Friday, Bellville has several backs that are sub 4.6. He's very fast and much faster than 4.85

And he's know the only one, CS's entire secondary is probably sub 4.6.... their team speed on defense is pretty impressive, and if gilbert finds a crease on offense, he's gone. Finding the crease is the tough part though.

Gonna take a monster effort from Bellville but i think they can do it.

HEMOTOXIC
11-14-2011, 11:47 AM
Coldspring's defense is really good!!! Coldspring will by far be the best defense that the Brahmas have seen. As already stated, this will probably be a low scoring affair. I will not be at all surprised if Bellville wins this matchup.

Yes, Mr. Gilbert is really fast. He can flat out fly. All he needs is a little room and say good bye!

YTBulldogs
11-14-2011, 11:55 AM
The ride continues. Bellville 20-14.

Manso/V8
11-14-2011, 12:08 PM
The giddings defense gave up 14 to bellville if you don't count the kick off return and our fumble on own 9. Then if we were really being excuse makers, which we are not (we got beat), there was a questionable no call on the long TD pass. Our d-back was running in stride with bellville reciever and fell. Looked to prolly trip over self, but this usually doesn't happen for no reason, and receiver's arms extended implying a push as he fell.

Bellville has a bunch of fast kids, we are good on special teams, and those points count. I wouldn't be surprised if we blocked a CS extra point or FG attempt.....that could be a deciding factor. Turnovers are always a factor, especially in the type of game this one looks like it will be. Bellville has done a good job of protecting the ball as I am sure that Coldspring has done.

In the Giddings game, the Brahma receiver was one of the faster kids on the field, he had the d-back beat, but had to slow down for a slighty underthrown ball, the d-back tripped. The receiver had turned around and slightly extended his arms to catch the ball, there was no push. There is always a question when a d-back falls, but the official was right there, so I don't see it as a controversial non-call.

The Brahmas have repeatedly been able to shut down their opponent's running game. Most teams have posted their fewest rushing and total yards, and/or points of the season in their game against Bellville. We may be more susceptible to the pass. The Brahmas went in to a prevent type defense when Giddings started throwing the ball late in the game and got burned for two quick TD's. We finally got a pick to stop the momentum, after dropping a couple of near picks. The prevent type D has not served us well this year, Cuero scored on us late in the game in our prevent D as well. I don't think Coldspring is a very effective passing team, so if we can shut down their running game, it should tilt in Bellville's favor.

I don't know how the Brahma offense will fare against this stingy Coldspring defense. The only team to stifle our offense this year was Sealy, and that was our first big time game (huge rivalry and for the district championship). We had to kick FG's twice after having first and goal. I think we learned from that game and we are better prepared for big game challenges. I think we will be able to put some points on board against Coldspring. It is going to be interesting. All we need is one more point than Coldspring to advance. It may come down to the kicking game where I would give Bellville the edge, or it may come down to something unexpected.

wimbo_pro
11-14-2011, 12:14 PM
Wow...Bellville-Coldspring....Wimberley-Gonzales. Two incredible games!!! Wish I could see them both!

All I know about Coldspring (from last year) is they are very quick on the field, as well as fast. If you can beat them, I will be deeply impressed. Good luck to you, I have no dog in this hunt, except to say there is a part of me that says I want to play Coldspring again for the revenge factor, and another part of me that says I don't want to play them again!

buff4ever
11-14-2011, 12:19 PM
Bellville has a bunch of fast kids, we are good on special teams, and those points count. I wouldn't be surprised if we blocked a CS extra point or FG attempt.....that could be a deciding factor. Turnovers are always a factor, especially in the type of game this one looks like it will be. Bellville has done a good job of protecting the ball as I am sure that Coldspring has done.

In the Giddings game, the Brahma receiver was one of the faster kids on the field, he had the d-back beat, but had to slow down for a slighty underthrown ball, the d-back tripped. The receiver had turned around and slightly extended his arms to catch the ball, there was no push. There is always a question when a d-back falls, but the official was right there, so I don't see it as a controversial non-call.

The Brahmas have repeatedly been able to shut down their opponent's running game. Most teams have posted their fewest rushing and total yards, and/or points of the season in their game against Bellville. We may be more susceptible to the pass. The Brahmas went in to a prevent type defense when Giddings started throwing the ball late in the game and got burned for two quick TD's. We finally got a pick to stop the momentum, after dropping a couple of near picks. The prevent type D has not served us well this year, Cuero scored on us late in the game in our prevent D as well. I don't think Coldspring is a very effective passing team, so if we can shut down their running game, it should tilt in Bellville's favor.

I don't know how the Brahma offense will fare against this stingy Coldspring defense. The only team to stifle our offense this year was Sealy, and that was our first big time game (huge rivalry and for the district championship). We had to kick FG's twice after having first and goal. I think we learned from that game and we are better prepared for big game challenges. I think we will be able to put some points on board against Coldspring. It is going to be interesting. All we need is one more point than Coldspring to advance. It may come down to the kicking game where I would give Bellville the edge, or it may come down to something unexpected.

I am not arguing that we got beat or making excuses, of course those point count for your team, but once again I only give you 14 on our defense and coldsprings defense is better I would say from looking at what they have allowed all year vs. what giddings has allowed all year. You are a little mixed up on the long passing TD, don't know if you are making up stuff to make a point or are confused on your memory. The defender was running with him and fell when the ball had barely left the QB's hands. The receiver caught the ball 10+ yards down field from where defender fell. There for the extending the arm to catch ball when defender fell isn't accurate, and defender wasn't beat until he fell. Once again, I am pulling for you guys to beat coldspring, I just think from watching your offense, it will have to be a 10 - 7 or 7-3 or 7-6 victory. I don't see their defense giving up 2 touchdowns in this game, unless it is as we have discussed another special teams or fumble return type TD. Just haven't seen them give up that kinda stuff in their point totals this year. I haven't seen them play, but scores can tell you how good a defense is, and theirs tells they are good. Even a good defense allows more points than they have against bad teams, things happen, mishaps and bad reads and flukes. Great defenses don't have those things, and it looks like coldspring may have a great defense. Prove me wrong Brahmas, I hope you do.

Football DAD
11-14-2011, 12:19 PM
I agree it's going to be a defensive game. The defense that makes a big play may decide the winner.

Red Bull
11-14-2011, 01:18 PM
It sounds like this will be great game between two very good 3A teams. When you make it this far with records each team has it shows they are both very, very good. Sometimes when everyone expects low scoring defensive battle a high scoring, barn burner develops and you throw reason out the door. I think this game has last minute thriller written all over it and maybe overtime. I pick Bellville in this one in 31-30 thriller.

Go Bulls!

Tejastrue
11-14-2011, 01:46 PM
I know Coldspring had some trouble with BC last week but I kept thinking back to the night I saw them this year, how good thier defense was, how quick they were offensivly. Im goin with CS.

I remember Trojandad talking about them using Gilbert more on defense (secondary) and man did he come up big.. not to mention his 70yd td run. Bellville will be another big test... You guys have been talking all along about how more and more teams seem to be evenly matched this year than in previous... the team that makes it to the SC thru R3-R4 may be too beat up to compete well in the title game. It's starting to get veeery interesting....
:1popcorn:

Bull's-eye
11-14-2011, 02:20 PM
I only give you 14 on our defense and coldsprings defense is better I would say from looking at what they have allowed all year vs. what giddings has allowed all year.

Bellville technically scored 3 TD's on the Giddings defense (one aided by a short field). Also, Bellville did miss a short FG after driving deep into Buff territory. Special teams play is a big part of any game & TD's off of reurns still count. Yes, CS may have a better defense than Giddings, but the Buffs have a better kicking game. Bellville had a big 3rd down sack & forced Giddings into a 4th & long. Giddings was still able to kick a long FG, where most teams would probably not score points in that situation. CS does have the better stats, but hard to get an accurate gage when both teams played a completely different schedule.

Bambam
11-14-2011, 02:33 PM
where is trojandad? Anyone heard from him or seen him? He has gr8 insight on the Trojans. Heard he was having a small procedure and have not seen anything since. Hope is ok!

Saggy Aggie
11-14-2011, 03:18 PM
TD is fine. Spoke to him a few days ago. He's away for personal reasons and will be back at some point.

Bambam
11-14-2011, 03:42 PM
Tell him Huffmans Bambam said get his hind parts back into the game. Miss his insight on CS and football in general. Good luck to CS!

Manso/V8
11-14-2011, 11:01 PM
I am not arguing that we got beat or making excuses, of course those point count for your team, but once again I only give you 14 on our defense and coldsprings defense is better I would say from looking at what they have allowed all year vs. what giddings has allowed all year. You are a little mixed up on the long passing TD, don't know if you are making up stuff to make a point or are confused on your memory. The defender was running with him and fell when the ball had barely left the QB's hands. The receiver caught the ball 10+ yards down field from where defender fell. There for the extending the arm to catch ball when defender fell isn't accurate, and defender wasn't beat until he fell. Once again, I am pulling for you guys to beat coldspring, I just think from watching your offense, it will have to be a 10 - 7 or 7-3 or 7-6 victory. I don't see their defense giving up 2 touchdowns in this game, unless it is as we have discussed another special teams or fumble return type TD. Just haven't seen them give up that kinda stuff in their point totals this year. I haven't seen them play, but scores can tell you how good a defense is, and theirs tells they are good. Even a good defense allows more points than they have against bad teams, things happen, mishaps and bad reads and flukes. Great defenses don't have those things, and it looks like coldspring may have a great defense. Prove me wrong Brahmas, I hope you do.

I didn't mean to imply you were making excuses. The point I was trying to make was that if this game turns out to be a low scoring defensive battle, then special teams scores/non-scores may determine the outcome......though I'm not convinced the CS offensive effort against Bridge City is typical.

Giddings had an extremely well executed onside kick, and that was a huge factor in our game with yall. It was one of the sinking feeling moments, we knew it was coming, and I just had this gut feel Giddings was going to recover the kick. I don't think Bellville defended well against that onside, but that wasn't the reason yall recovered, Giddings execution was spot on. An example of special teams impacting the game.

As far as the long TD pass, I didn't have a great angle, but that is what I remember......maybe I remembered it the way I wanted to remember it! Everyone is always concerned about a potential flag when a reciever or defender trips. I didn't see our guy 10 yds past the defender when he caught the ball, but that could have been because of the angle from my seat. It happened right in front of another Bellville poster, he probably had the best view and commented in the game thread, but don't remember his exact details.

I appreciate your support and hope we can hang with the Trojans and get the W.

Bull's-eye
11-14-2011, 11:10 PM
I'm picking the upset.

Bellville 14
Coldspring 7

:thumbsup: I hope you are right, thanks for your scouting report on CS.

OldBison75
11-15-2011, 12:01 AM
I can only say that Coldspring is a much better defense than Sealy and offensively they can score from anywhere on the field if you don't stop them quickly and don't secure the tackle on the first contact. Coldspring had a horrible night against BC and still won the game with defense.

If the Brahma's want to win this game, they will have to tackle very well in the second level (linebackers and db's). Do not give Gilbert the corners because he will kill you in a broken field with his quickness and speed. On offense, pound the ball between the tackles and mix in the pass on first down some. Don't try to outrun the CS secondary by throwing long, but use the crossing and quick passing type plays that will be open on the short routes from play action.

My gut says that CS should be able to smother the Brahma offense, and the CS offense will be too fast and quick for the Brahma defense to contain. My gut says CS by at least 2 td's.

That said, I think the determination of the boys from the pasture will be a big factor and the final score will be more in the range of CS 14 BV 10.

the genious
11-15-2011, 01:21 AM
Idk if CS offense is better than Sealy's but I would match Gilbert up with any athlete in the state! However CS defense is better and more athletic than Sealy's which is bad news for BV because they only scored like 13 against Sealy!

StangEm
11-15-2011, 09:06 AM
Coldspring by 21. Bellville can't score more than 7 on CS's defense.

The Bull #40
11-15-2011, 11:24 AM
You must not have watched any other game except the Sealy game to be predicting that score. We played horrible against Sealy. And coldspring only won 7-0 against bridge city so does that mean they're in trouble too playing our defense which is allowing less than 9 PPG? I admit CS's scores throughout the season were impressive but the first round playoff game not so much. We'll see on Friday, but I KNOW it won't be coldspring by 3 TD's.

StangEm
11-15-2011, 11:54 AM
You must not have watched any other game except the Sealy game to be predicting that score. We played horrible against Sealy. And coldspring only won 7-0 against bridge city so does that mean they're in trouble too playing our defense which is allowing less than 9 PPG? I admit CS's scores throughout the season were impressive but the first round playoff game not so much. We'll see on Friday, but I KNOW it won't be coldspring by 3 TD's.

Ok. :thumbsup:

StangEm
11-15-2011, 01:44 PM
Not a lot of back and forth in this forum. Is it because these two teams only match up once a decade and don't know much about the other?

Tejastrue
11-15-2011, 02:00 PM
Not a lot of back and forth in this forum. Is it because these two teams only match up once a decade and don't know much about the other?

To my knowledge there is only one true Coldspring poster here and he's been on a Sabbatical...:wave:

trg
11-15-2011, 02:04 PM
These teams are made up of high school boys so on any given Friday any team can be beaten. With that being said, I have faith in my Brahmas. I believe in them and if they play their game I believe they can beat Coldspring.

buff4ever
11-15-2011, 03:03 PM
Bellville sux.:wave:

StangEm
11-15-2011, 03:06 PM

I'm sensing some angered bias in that statement. :)

Bambam
11-15-2011, 03:22 PM
CS wins! BV will have a hard time scoring any points on a stingy defense. CS is 4real and got a gr8 test last weekend against BC. Wishing CS/BV a gr8 game and injury free.
CS 21
BV 7

StangEm
11-15-2011, 03:43 PM
These teams are made up of high school boys so on any given Friday any team can be beaten. With that being said, I have faith in my Brahmas. I believe in them and if they play their game I believe they can beat Coldspring.

It's good to believe. I used to believe in Santa Clause too, but we all know what that's all about.

Manso/V8
11-15-2011, 11:54 PM
CS wins! BV will have a hard time scoring any points on a stingy defense. CS is 4real and got a gr8 test last weekend against BC. Wishing CS/BV a gr8 game and injury free.
CS 21
BV 7

What happened to their offense?

Bull's-eye
11-16-2011, 01:05 AM
Bellville's achilles heel is its passing game. Their passing game is run long and fling it.

I disagree, Bellville has & can be very effective throwing the ball. They are primarily a running team, but they will take a few shots at the homerun ball. Their QB throws the deep pass very well & has hit on quite a few long pass plays. They don't throw a lot, sometimes just enough to keep the opposing defense honest. Looking back at the La Grange game, I thought they had a text book type of game on offense. Bellville rushed for 324 yards & passed for another 126 yards. One pass play was a perfectly executed screen pass that went for a 52 yard score. Another play was a nice pass over the middle to their TE. I believe in taking a few shots down field, but a mix of short to intermediate passes, combined with their strong running game, this offense looked almost impossible to stop. Definitely, my most favorite offensive performance of the year. I remember a nice reverse to the WR that went for a TD, that play countered the earlier screen play that had the defense going the other way.

Manso/V8
11-16-2011, 01:11 AM

Feeling some post-defeatus depression, commonly known as "sore loser" syndrome?

Red Bull
11-16-2011, 08:13 AM
Bellville plays to their strengths on offense. They have a stable of running backs so they use them and pound their opponents. They throw the ball only sparingly, but when they do it is usually very effective due to defenses stacking the line to stop the run.

Good luck Bellville! Prepare hard and as coach says "Expect Victory".

pancho villa
11-16-2011, 08:33 AM
The difference in this game will be how loud the BV women are after getting drunk on Lone Star beer before the game!

buff4ever
11-16-2011, 08:55 AM
Feeling some post-defeatus depression, commonly known as "sore loser" syndrome?

You don't get it, it goes back before your time, it is a joke, I like you bellville peeps. Bullseye can explain to you that nothing is meant or fealt by that comment. I just throw it out there to mess with you guys.

duckhunter
11-16-2011, 11:05 AM
You don't get it, it goes back before your time, it is a joke, I like you bellville peeps. Bullseye can explain to you that nothing is meant or fealt by that comment. I just throw it out there to mess with you guys.

quit sand bagging buff. ....bellville moo cows suck. we all know it. weak schedule so far

Bull's-eye
11-16-2011, 11:11 AM

I don't know what you are talking about.:D Just kidding, buff4ever & I miss those days when this board was really hopping. Bellville & Giddings had some great games & there was an intense rivalry between their posters. I believe buff started the "Bellville sux" trying to get the board going again, but most of the time only after we won. It has been a running joke that pops up every now & then.

Manso/V8
11-16-2011, 11:16 AM

I know, I was joking too. I've seen you post the same thing on many threads, just giving some back!

Manso/V8
11-16-2011, 11:35 AM
There is major lack of Coldspring posters.

Bambam
11-16-2011, 12:13 PM
Weird how neither CS or Huffman post on this board. They are all over another one. This is more of a respecable posting forum whereas the other, all gloves are off! LOL

falconfanatic
11-16-2011, 12:32 PM
Who ever said coldspring has a weak schedule was correct but you should look at bellville's schedule lockhart (2-8), cuero(3-7), needville (1-9), Lagrange (4-6), brookshire royal (2-7), Caldwell(1-9), Columbus (5-6 although they did win a playoff game), and stafford (2-8). There are some pretty weak teams here.

I really don't think cs willhave a problem with bellville. BV's D has given up more yards and points than both Huffman and BC have and BVplayed against weaker competition. BV hasn't faced a D anything close to what CS has. I think BV will move the ball better than BC did just because they have a very good running attack, but they still won't score enough to win. BV played a very weak schedule and didn't dominate the way CS did, imo BV is not as good of a team as BC.

20-7 CS only because CS dosent kick the pat very well.

Red Bull
11-16-2011, 01:16 PM
Who ever said coldspring has a weak schedule was correct but you should look at bellville's schedule lockhart (2-8), cuero(3-7), needville (1-9), Lagrange (4-6), brookshire royal (2-7), Caldwell(1-9), Columbus (5-6 although they did win a playoff game), and stafford (2-8). There are some pretty weak teams here.

I really don't think cs willhave a problem with bellville. BV's D has given up more yards and points than both Huffman and BC have and BVplayed against weaker competition. BV hasn't faced a D anything close to what CS has. I think BV will move the ball better than BC did just because they have a very good running attack, but they still won't score enough to win. BV played a very weak schedule and didn't dominate the way CS did, imo BV is not as good of a team as BC.

Why did you not put records of two best teams Bellville played? Where is Sealy and Sweeny's record?

I will say this and what each team did or didn't do this season will not matter Friday night. Good luck to both teams and may the best team win.

falconfanatic
11-16-2011, 01:20 PM
Why did you not put records of two best teams Bellville played? Where is Sealy and Sweeny's record?

I will say this and what each team did or didn't do this season will not matter Friday night. Good luck to both teams and may the best team win.

Because I was only showing the teams with a losing record. I believe sealy is 8-3 and sweeny 7-4 dont quote me on that tho.

Manso/V8
11-16-2011, 01:21 PM

Bellville can't brag about overall strength of schedule, but did face teams like Sweeny, Sealy, and Giddings.
In the Sweeny and Sealy games, and the vast majority of our games this year, the Brahmas held teams to their fewest total yds for the season.

I seriously doubt that there is much difference in the yardage and points allowed by Bellville, Bridge City, and Huffmann this year.
Bellville has given up an average of 9 pts/game through 11 games.

From glancing at boxscores, alot of CS's scores come off of long runs and passes with lots of YAC. The task may be not letting the speedsters find a crease.

I hope we can move the ball against CS, everything indicates that are the best shutdown defense we have seen all year.

greendawg84
11-16-2011, 01:23 PM
I will go with CS by 1 , poll is tied 16 each so I flipped a coin . That and it is close to good fishing on lake Livingston.

falconfanatic
11-16-2011, 01:38 PM
I ment to say rushing yards not total yards. Bellville has given up 125 rushing yards a game compared to about 100 for Huffman and 115 ish for BC. Not a big difference but when you consider the competition bellville had a combined opponents record of 41-71 Huffman had 56-60 and BC had 58-57

Bull's-eye
11-16-2011, 01:43 PM
I really don't think cs wil lhave a problem with bellville. BV's D has given up more yards and points than both Huffman and BC have and BVplayed against weaker competition. BV hasn't faced a D anything close to what CS has. I think BV will move the ball better than BC did just because they have a very good running attack, but they still won't score enough to win. BV played a very weak schedule and didn't dominate the way CS did, imo BV is not as good of a team as BC.

Bellville has only given 81 points for the regular season, compared to Huffman (123 pts) & BC (107 pts), I don't see where you get that Bellville allows more points. Bellville is allowing 186 yards per game, but that can be deceptive. Playing some of those weaker opponents will help your average, but playing backups in those games won't give you the true measure. I'll agree that Bellville hasn't had a very tough schedule, but they have defeated quality teams or soundly defeated teams that played with or defeated some of the better teams. I don't like to compare scores, but Bellville defeated Giddings & they defeated WOS, a team that defeated BC.

Bull's-eye
11-16-2011, 01:55 PM
Another thing about comparing stats, it depends if you play running teams or passing teams. Bellville primarily played teams that ran the ball. A lot of times when you play a passing team, your run defense looks good because they are always throwing the ball. Not saying this is the case with Huffman or BC, but sometimes you have to look at the average per play. According to the stats, Bellville has a very good pass defense. This may be a little deceptive, they just didn't face a lot of passing teams. Giddings came into the playoffs having a very good run average, but Bellville was able to hold them way below their average. Actually, Giddings was able to have success throwing the ball.

Manso/V8
11-16-2011, 01:58 PM
I ment to say rushing yards not total yards. Bellville has given up 125 rushing yards a game compared to about 100 for Huffman and 115 ish for BC. Not a big difference but when you consider the competition bellville had a combined opponents record of 41-71 Huffman had 56-60 and BC had 58-57

It's kind of fun (for a little while) to look at stats and schedule, etc. I think it is obvious that Bridge City, Huffmann, and Bellville are all pretty good teams and any game between the three of them would probably be a good one. Bridge City and Huffman held Coldspring pretty well, Bellville has the goods to do the same.

It looks like Coldspring has a better defense than the Brahmas have faced this year. The task is going to be sustaining drives and maybe getting a few big plays.

I can't wait for the game!

Red Bull
11-16-2011, 05:45 PM
I agree with Bulls Eye and in a lot of Bellville's games they were up by large margins at halftime and were able to sub freely in the second half (Caldwell, Needville, LaGrange, Columbus, Brookshire). This allowed the coaching staff to evaluate their talent and develop depth. This depth has come in handy with losing a few key starters along the way. For this reason I don't think you can just look at scores and come up with anything for either team in this matchup.

It should be a great game and as always turnovers and field position will be key.

falconfanatic
11-16-2011, 06:13 PM
Bellville has only given 81 points for the regular season, compared to Huffman (123 pts) & BC (107 pts), I don't see where you get that Bellville allows more points. Bellville is allowing 186 yards per game, but that can be deceptive. Playing some of those weaker opponents will help your average, but playing backups in those games won't give you the true measure. I'll agree that Bellville hasn't had a very tough schedule, but they have defeated quality teams or soundly defeated teams that played with or defeated some of the better teams. I don't like to compare scores, but Bellville defeated Giddings & they defeated WOS, a team that defeated BC.

You are correct sorry I got bellville's stats mixed up with Navasota. I thought they were giving up 16 points agame. It will be a good game, coldspring wont have any more 50-0 wins in the playoffs. I still think CS wins tho. BC played a great game and really made the CS O struggle especially when they lost one of thier running backs.

Bull's-eye
11-16-2011, 06:30 PM
Who did they lose? Is he going to be able to play on Friday?

zebrablue2
11-16-2011, 06:39 PM

:stirpot:

Manso/V8
11-16-2011, 07:38 PM
The Coldspring/Bridge City thread mentioned Monroe leaving the game.
I hope he is ok.

Trojanswin
11-16-2011, 08:14 PM
Another thing about comparing stats, it depends if you play running teams or passing teams. Bellville primarily played teams that ran the ball. A lot of times when you play a passing team, your run defense looks good because they are always throwing the ball. Not saying this is the case with Huffman or BC, but sometimes you have to look at the average per play. According to the stats, Bellville has a very good pass defense. This may be a little deceptive, they just didn't face a lot of passing teams. Giddings came into the playoffs having a very good run average, but Bellville was able to hold them way below their average. Actually, Giddings was able to have success throwing the ball.

I have seen Bridge City and Huffman's Defense. They are good. I have not seen Bellville's, but according to the stats and the fact that they are playing again this weekend, they must be pretty good also. Coldspring has an excellent defense. I definitely think all four of these teams have very strong defenses. Will Bellville blow out Coldspring - not a chance. Will Coldspring blow out Bellville - I doubt it. Should be an excellent game and I will be there cheering on my Trojans all the way. I have been looking forward to this game since the playoff brackets came out. The last time they played I was a sophmore at Bellville. My wife was a sophmore at Coldspring. I hope to see a great game and pray that none of the kids get hurt. Either team has a good chance to go along way in the playoffs if they can just take care of their business on friday.

zebrablue2
11-16-2011, 08:27 PM
I have seen Bridge City and Huffman's Defense. They are good. I have not seen Bellville's, but according to the stats and the fact that they are playing again this weekend, they must be pretty good also. Coldspring has an excellent defense. I definitely think all four of these teams have very strong defenses. Will Bellville blow out Coldspring - not a chance. Will Coldspring blow out Bellville - I doubt it. Should be an excellent game and I will be there cheering on my Trojans all the way. I have been looking forward to this game since the playoff brackets came out. The last time they played I was a sophmore at Bellville. My wife was a sophmore at Coldspring. I hope to see a great game and pray that none of the kids get hurt. Either team has a good chance to go along way in the playoffs if they can just take care of their business on friday.

Great 1st post and welcome to the board. If you played for the Brahmas, you know the spirit of Bellville. Once a Brahma, always a Brahma. This game will be won by the team that makes the fewest mistakes, it is plain and simple. Two good teams with very good players and speed. Play disciplined football, and you win the ball game. Good luck to both schools, it will be fun. GO BRAHMAS!!!

Manso/V8
11-17-2011, 11:56 AM

It is great to have Coldspring poster on the board, especially a former Brahma! TrojanDad is normally on here, but we haven't heard from him in a while.
After making playoff appearance for 10 straight years, we had a playoff drought in 2009 and 2010, bottoming out with a 2-8 season last year. We started 2011 with a new head coach (Grady Rowe, brother of Livingston head coach Randy Rowe) and a complete turnaround with a 9-1 regular season and now 10-1 after the first round. We are thrilled to be in this position and look forward to the the Coldspring challenge. I think your assessment is pretty accurate. We have heard a lot of great things about the Trojans, especially their stingy defense. I know yall have some talented athletes on offense as well, that can take it up the middle or get the corner and be gone. I haven't heard much about the CS passing game. Any details what to expect on offense and defense from Coldspring would be appreciated.

Bellville has a stout defense as well and we have been pretty effective at run and pass defense. On offense we run the Slot-T, so expect us to be running the ball most of the night. The challenge is going to be moving the ball against that Trojan D.....those negative rushing yard games the D has put up are impressive. Best of luck to both teams and let's pray for an injury free contest!

The Bull #40
11-17-2011, 12:21 PM
Well, it's almost game day and from what I can see the Bulls are just about ready to whoop up on the Trojans. Hearing all this talk about the CS defense, I'm excited to see how they handle the explosive Brahma rushing offense. Also, I keep hearing how the CS RB is so amazing and better than Brandon Williams from Royal last year. Anyone have the guys name and info on him? I have a hard time believing many more RB's in 3A better than Williams. I'm ready for Friday to travel to Klein and watch the Brahmas advance to the 3rd round! Having said that, Bellville WINS NOT ROLLS..... 17-14.

teetle
11-17-2011, 02:28 PM
Bellvills couldnts beats Sealy, hows theys thinks theys can beats Coldsprings. Coldsprings bys just enough.:ack!::eek::ack!:

buff4ever
11-17-2011, 02:38 PM
Have I said "teetle sux" yet????

teetle sux!:wave:

Get after em bellville.

teetle
11-17-2011, 02:50 PM
I hope Bellvilles wins. Theys will plays hard. Theys will leave its on the field. I just thinks that Coldspring mays bes too much fors thems. Buffs for ever yous sux too.:ack!::eek:ack!:

The Bull #40
11-17-2011, 04:55 PM
Bellvills couldnts beats Sealy, hows theys thinks theys can beats Coldsprings. Coldsprings bys just enough.:ack!::eek::ack!:

Well ya see, teetle, the reason we think we can beat Coldspring because we're still in the playoffs, which means we still have a chance. So at least we know we have a better chance than the kittens. :stirpot:

Trojanswin
11-17-2011, 06:21 PM
It is great to have Coldspring poster on the board, especially a former Brahma! TrojanDad is normally on here, but we haven't heard from him in a while.
After making playoff appearance for 10 straight years, we had a playoff drought in 2009 and 2010, bottoming out with a 2-8 season last year. We started 2011 with a new head coach (Grady Rowe, brother of Livingston head coach Randy Rowe) and a complete turnaround with a 9-1 regular season and now 10-1 after the first round. We are thrilled to be in this position and look forward to the the Coldspring challenge. I think your assessment is pretty accurate. We have heard a lot of great things about the Trojans, especially their stingy defense. I know yall have some talented athletes on offense as well, that can take it up the middle or get the corner and be gone. I haven't heard much about the CS passing game. Any details what to expect on offense and defense from Coldspring would be appreciated.

Bellville has a stout defense as well and we have been pretty effective at run and pass defense. On offense we run the Slot-T, so expect us to be running the ball most of the night. The challenge is going to be moving the ball against that Trojan D.....those negative rushing yard games the D has put up are impressive. Best of luck to both teams and let's pray for an injury free contest!

Coldspring has some good receivers and the QB has a pretty good arm. We very seldom see any of it though. For most of the season the opponents were pretty weak and it would have been kind of cruel to throw the ball very much. Also, our head coach loves to run the ball. He likes to keep it on the ground. He has two horses for running backs that can break any play for long yardage. The 2 back-up running backs may actually be better all around running backs than either of the starters, but are still young and he has always tried to give the all of the seniors a chance to start until they prove they can't handle it. Expect a ground attack. If Bellville gets that stopped, then all bets are off. Barbay has a hat that he keeps full of magic tricks, and can usually reach in and pull out a rabbit. Should be a great defensive game, but who knows when you put 22 high school kids on a field at one time.

Bambam
11-17-2011, 07:03 PM
If i were not watching the Falcons play I would be supporting them Trojan boys! Good luck to both sides. Play hard or ur done!

Trojanswin
11-17-2011, 07:23 PM
If i were not watching the Falcons play I would be supporting them Trojan boys! Good luck to both sides. Play hard or ur done!
Thanks for the support Bambam. The CS boys need to have a better night offensively than they did against Bridge City. The D is great, but not gonna be able to shut everyone out every game. Hopefully the games against Huffman and BC have prepared them for the better competion that they are going to see in the playoffs. I still think the best thing that happened to them last year was the predistrict loss to Kirbyville. Was a great wake up call for the entire team and made them work harder. Come on Friday night.

Manso/V8
11-17-2011, 11:45 PM
Coldspring has some good receivers and the QB has a pretty good arm. We very seldom see any of it though. For most of the season the opponents were pretty weak and it would have been kind of cruel to throw the ball very much. Also, our head coach loves to run the ball. He likes to keep it on the ground. He has two horses for running backs that can break any play for long yardage. The 2 back-up running backs may actually be better all around running backs than either of the starters, but are still young and he has always tried to give the all of the seniors a chance to start until they prove they can't handle it. Expect a ground attack. If Bellville gets that stopped, then all bets are off. Barbay has a hat that he keeps full of magic tricks, and can usually reach in and pull out a rabbit. Should be a great defensive game, but who knows when you put 22 high school kids on a field at one time.

You may see Bellville pass 3-4 times per game, usually over the top, depends on how the run game is working and if the defense is cheating in against the run. Our starting RB's are all sophomores and pretty quick. Our line is good, we will see how good on Friday........hear you have some real hosses! Best of luck to both teams.
Come on Friday!

regaleagle
11-18-2011, 12:36 AM
Will have to compliment both sides of the fence on this thread. Very informative and enlightening, with much respect and quality analysis of the teams involved. Also good breakdowns on stats and points of view about opposition faced. Overall, just a really good thread. Good luck to both teams tomorrow nite. And may the team that plays better tomorrow nite be with winner.

zebrablue2
11-18-2011, 07:35 AM
Game day! Best of luck to the Brahmas tonight. Play hard, injury free and bring home a W.

Pudlugger
11-18-2011, 07:52 AM
Good luck tonight Brahmas. Get the win and stick around for another bite of the big apple. Pud's got your back so you know you'll be alright.:clap:

OLE'BULL
11-18-2011, 08:35 AM
I am excited to watch Coldspring in person. This should be one of the better games in the state this week. I dont expect to see alot of scoring on either side. I imagine this will be a game where both teams run right at each other. Whoever can make the big stops on defense, will win. The Brahmas could use a few timely turnovers. Whatever happens, Brahmas, be proud of what you have accomplished this year. Not many teams are able to turn it around this quickly. 21-17 "when time ran out on Coldspring". GO BRAHMAS!

duckhunter
11-18-2011, 10:27 AM
21-17 "when time ran out on Coldspring". GO BRAHMAS!

Doug would be proud of that prediction

BigBull45
11-18-2011, 10:29 AM
Well gameday is finally here. Sorry to say I have to miss this one due to work. I don't really know much about CS, other than what I've read on here. From what I can tell it should be a shootout coming down to the last possession. I believe the brahmas are ready to shock the state and pull it out tonight in a close one 14-10. GO BULLS!

"It's not a team, it's a brotherhood."

Bull's-eye
11-18-2011, 11:21 AM
Doug would be proud of that prediction

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fQXcX9CBNgs&feature=related

What year was this video (21-17) shot?

The Bull #40
11-18-2011, 11:51 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fQXcX9CBNgs&feature=related

What year was this video (21-17) shot?

I believe it was shot in 1999.

The Bull #40
11-18-2011, 11:58 AM
Gameday baby! I still wake up every Friday morning in the fall with a big ol' smile on my face knowing that the Bulls are in the playoffs. Can't wait for the clock to strike 7:30 so we can get this game underway. If people are debating which game to come to tonight, I think this one is gonna be a hard-hitting, smashmouth defensive battle. I'm ready to finally see this CS RB that everyone is talking about, I don't think he's good enough to run all over the Brahma D, maybe get a few good runs. But I doubt he can take this game away from the Bulls single handed. I'm also looking forward to seeing the matchup of the explosive Brahma offense against the CS defense that seems to be shutting everyone down. Well good luck to the Brahmas and hope for an injury free game. Bulls WIN 17-14!

Roughneck93
11-18-2011, 02:26 PM
Trojans by 6.

BrahmaMom
11-18-2011, 03:31 PM
Here we go, Brahmas! This sounds like it will be a contest of defenses; therefore, Bulls, pull out the defensive TDs of the old days. Intense, error-free ball every down, offensive-minded defense, leave it all on the field and the Bulls pull a W! We can do it, Grady is on his Rowe-l and Bellville fans are loving it! You can feel Brahma football in the air, saw the excitement at the Square, Bellville football at its finest! Brahmas, take us to the next level-you can do it!!!!!!! GO BULLS!!!!!

j_dog
11-18-2011, 04:30 PM
I know nothing about Bellville's team. Must be good to be playing in the second round. But this I know. CS has SPEED that has been held pretty much in check for the last couple weeks (scoring wise). I will not be surprised for them to air it out this week. Cannot contain them forever, as some teams learned last fall. Good luck to both teams.

Bull's-eye
11-18-2011, 04:37 PM
Go Brahmas!! Good luck & an injury free game to both teams. Everybody drive safe, let's have a great game.

HEMOTOXIC
11-18-2011, 05:59 PM
Good luck to my friends in both Bellville and Coldspring!

Trojanswin
11-19-2011, 01:28 AM
Great Game!
Bellville should be proud of the game they played.
Way to go Trojans.

zebrablue2
11-19-2011, 02:35 AM
Proud of u bulls. You all are one of the top ten teams in the state in 3A, no doubt in my mind.. So proud of you all.:clap:

rancher
11-19-2011, 08:04 AM
What a game!!! Congraulations to Coach Rowe and his staff for a great season and ride. I feel confident that Coldsprings will be in the BIG SHOW, their defense plays lights out, very very fast to the ball. As I stated earlier in my post, a passing game was Bellville's achilles heel and I was proven correct last night. I now look forward to next year, ready to start the season after Christmas. I hope with the backs and those younger players coming up, we will be even better next year. Coldsprings will make next years team better now they have a chance to see the speed it takes to make the BIG SHOW. ONCE AGAIN GREAT GAME BY BOTH TEAMS AND A BIG TIP OF MY 10X STETSON TO THE BELLVILLE COACHING STAFF.

Manso/V8
11-19-2011, 10:16 AM
What an exciting game! Proud of you Bulls! Congratulations to Coach Rowe, the coaching staff, the players, and the managers for a great season. Coldspring has athletes on both sides of the ball, their defense plays lights out and is so quick to the ball.

LionFan72
11-19-2011, 10:51 AM
Wow! Must of been a Defensive slugfest, congrats to both teams and special props to Coldspring for going the distance! It would really be nice to have a couple Td's cushion in the bank each week coach! The excitement is gonna kill someone! Good luck to the Bulls for an outstanding season, keep building!

zebrablue2
11-19-2011, 10:53 AM
Saw in the paper this morning 1 of CS scores was a 80 yard punt return, and then having to make the 2 pt. con. Stats wise we matched them blow for blow. Great yr. Bulls, and best of luck to Coldspring next week...

The Bull #40
11-19-2011, 11:49 AM
The game last night left me with no voice this morning, one of the best games I've seen all year. Probably one of the best in the playoffs this week. Congratulations first off to Coldspring, I imagine y'all will be playing in the State Championship in a few weeks. Gilbert was fast, your defense was stout( but not impossible to beat), and your coaching adjusted to our style of play well. Special teams hurt you at first but then came up with the big play to force OT. I think the teams matched up well especially for CS being #3 in state. That being said I was also disappointed with the blatant dirty play by CS throughout the game. I was expecting a clean game by the #3 team in the state but I know that didn't have any impact on the score. Proud of my Bulls for the big turnaround and giving this town something to talk about for 4 months. Goodluck in the next round Coldspring, go win state.:clap:

BrahmaMom
11-19-2011, 11:49 AM
Congrats to Coldspring on the victory and thanks for an exciting contest. To our Brahmas, what can I say to communicate my pride, admiration and gratitude to the men who brought back Bellville football? Not taking a thing away from the past two teams, but Rowe took this team, this talent and this town and turned the trend 180 degrees. Great battle, Brahmas, you fought hard, played every down and left it all on the field in an OT game. Take the weekend off, then start preparing for next year. To the seniors, hold your heads high and remember lessons learned on the field--they will serve you well in life. I have a granddog named Bull, so believe me, the memories and lessons stay with you for life. God bless you all!

KL3
11-19-2011, 12:46 PM
I believe it was shot in 1999.

Sure was. KL3 makes an appearance in the top middle of the screen at the :12 second mark. First and only music video of my career.

Bull's-eye
11-19-2011, 05:43 PM
Congratulations to Coldspring! What a great game, very proud of this Bellville team & their coaching staff. This season was so fun to watch, thanks for a very exciting season. Let's keep it going, lots of talent coming back & the future looks bright.

Good luck to Coldspring, hope everyone is ok. One player was taken by ambulance, I believe they said he was dehydrated & should be fine. Not sure about the other person, let's pray that both are doing well.

Saggy Aggie
11-19-2011, 07:33 PM
Well, final was 21-14.

At the end of regulation, it was 14-14. 1 of coldsprings TDs was a punt return, menaing offensive scores totaled 14-7 Bellville in the regulation, correct? I'm not trying to brag, but i did predict 14-7 bellville. Hard to foresee a punt return TD coming or OT.

Congrats to CS on the win though and great season Brahmas.

LionFan72
11-19-2011, 09:11 PM
Well, final was 21-14.

At the end of regulation, it was 14-14. 1 of coldsprings TDs was a punt return, menaing offensive scores totaled 14-7 Bellville in the regulation, correct? I'm not trying to brag, but i did predict 14-7 bellville. Hard to foresee a punt return TD coming or OT.

Congrats to CS on the win though and great season Brahmas.
Not sure what you are getting at in the last sentence, "though"??? Seems to me it was a slobberknocker defensive game, no better football, sounds as if you are disappointed. Congrats to the Bellville folks on a fine season, and big ups to Coldspring for staying tough and pulling out the OT win!

Saggy Aggie
11-19-2011, 09:24 PM
Not sure what you are getting at in the last sentence, "though"??? Seems to me it was a slobberknocker defensive game, no better football, sounds as if you are disappointed. Congrats to the Bellville folks on a fine season, and big ups to Coldspring for staying tough and pulling out the OT win! not sure why you care but yeah I was disappointed. My prediction was wrong?

Manso/V8
11-19-2011, 09:27 PM
Not sure what you are getting at in the last sentence, "though"??? Seems to me it was a slobberknocker defensive game, no better football, sounds as if you are disappointed. Congrats to the Bellville folks on a fine season, and big ups to Coldspring for staying tough and pulling out the OT win!

It was a close one, really close. In our turn at OT, one of our recievers got position on the CS cornerback in the endzone and they both jumped and went for the ball. The Brahma reciever had the ball caught until the CS player swatted it out of his hands. A tremendous heads up play by the CS player.

LionFan72
11-19-2011, 10:11 PM
not sure why you care but yeah I was disappointed. My prediction was wrong?

I don't care! It is HS football, and it is all about matchups, neither team should be disappointed in their performance, but there has to be a winner and a loser at this stage. If you get all butthurt over losing a overtime thriller, can't imagine what you felt like after OSU-A&m game!

Manso/V8
11-19-2011, 10:13 PM
CSpring:Ttl yds 284, FD's 12, Rushes/Yds 29/163, Avg rush 5.62, Comp/Atts 7/16/1, Pass yds 121, Comp% 43.75, Punts/Yds/Avg 2/90/45, Fmbles/Lst 7/3, Pen/Yds 11-111
Bellville:Ttl yds 245, FD's 9, Rushes/Yds 37/160, Avg rush 4.32, Comp/Atts 4/12/2, Pass yds 85, Comp% 33.33, Punts/Yds/Avg 4/135/33.75, Fmbles/Lst 3/2, Pen/Yds 6-35

LionFan72
11-19-2011, 10:25 PM
CSpring:Ttl yds 284, FD's 12, Rushes/Yds 29/163, Avg rush 5.62, Comp/Atts 7/16/1, Pass yds 121, Comp% 43.75, Punts/Yds/Avg 2/90/45, Fmbles/Lst 7/3, Pen/Yds 11-111
Bellville:Ttl yds 245, FD's 9, Rushes/Yds 37/160, Avg rush 4.32, Comp/Atts 4/12/2, Pass yds 85, Comp% 33.33, Punts/Yds/Avg 4/135/33.75, Fmbles/Lst 3/2, Pen/Yds 6-35
Looks like turnovers were a major factor, 4 for CS, 4 for Bellville!

Manso/V8
11-19-2011, 11:31 PM
Looks like turnovers were a major factor, 4 for CS, 4 for Bellville!

Penalties really hurt CS.

Bull's-eye
11-20-2011, 12:34 PM
Penalties & turnovers hurt both teams, but the punt return for a TD might of been what turned the tide in CS's favor.

YTBulldogs
11-20-2011, 01:14 PM
Penalties & turnovers hurt both teams, but the punt return for a TD might of been what turned the tide in CS's favor.

What ya'll return next year Bulls-eye?

Red Bull
11-21-2011, 08:48 AM
Great game by two very good teams! Good luck to Coldspring the rest of the way.

Bull's-eye
11-21-2011, 11:55 AM
What ya'll return next year Bulls-eye?

Three of our starting RB's were just sophomores. We do get back our pre-season starting QB, who missed most of the season after suffering an injury in the 2nd scrimmage. He is also a very good kicker & punter, The center returns, a part-time guard & 2 very good TE's who alternated as starters. The defense returns 2 LB's that either started or saw a lot of action, a saftey & a DB. Bellville will have to rebuild in the trenches, but heard their is quality help on the way. This current group of sophomores were very dominating coming up through the ranks, three of them even played varsity ball as freshmen. This year's 9th graders went undefeated, so the future looks very bright in Bellville