PDA

View Full Version : Region I Week 12 GOTW Alvarado vs Abilene Wylie

Pages : [1] 2

upper20
11-12-2011, 02:47 AM
According to the Fort Worth Star Telegram, the game is at 7:30 p.m. Friday at the Birdville Fine Arts/Athletics Complex.

defense51
11-12-2011, 06:51 AM
Looking forward to a rematch from last year. Alvarado wins this one, but don't think it will be a blowout. Abilene Wylie has some tough scrappy players that are well coached. Fear the Spear!!!

Bosqueville
11-12-2011, 07:52 AM
Wylie will put up a fight but let's face it- Alvarado is just on another level.

GrTigers6
11-12-2011, 08:13 AM
Wylie will put up a fight but let's face it- Alvarado is just on another level.Alvarado should win, but that doesnt mean they will, Wylie is their first test of the post season. This game will help determine how good they really are. Wylie always plays better in the playoffs so if Alvarado can pull this off they will be one big step closer to their goal. Good luck to both!

ccmom
11-12-2011, 09:07 AM
According to the Fort Worth Star Telegram, the game is at 7:30 p.m. Friday at the Birdville Fine Arts/Athletics Complex. I like that place!!!!

Pendragon13
11-12-2011, 09:54 AM
We can't leave points on the field like we did last night...wow.

Lions88
11-12-2011, 10:30 AM
Alvarado should win, but that doesnt mean they will, Wylie is their first test of the post season. This game will help determine how good they really are. Wylie always plays better in the playoffs so if Alvarado can pull this off they will be one big step closer to their goal. Good luck to both!
Well considering they have only played one playoff game and against mineral wells, yeah this is going to be a test, but you are way overrating DI region I. The only "test" alvarado will have until they play an east team is maybe seminole, btw in case you havent notice.. alvarado is really good.. figured you would known that from 37-9.

GrTigers6
11-12-2011, 10:53 AM
Well considering they have only played one playoff game and against mineral wells, yeah this is going to be a test, but you are way overrating DI region I. The only "test" alvarado will have until they play an east team is maybe seminole, btw in case you havent notice.. alvarado is really good.. figured you would known that from 37-9.

Do you evenread the posts before you reply. I never said they weren't good in fact I said they should win. I have also talked about their talent all year. And I didnt say it would be there only test. But their first. Wow I feel like I'm talking to one of my kids who can't listen!

Lions88
11-12-2011, 10:57 AM
Do you evenread the posts before you reply. I never said they weren't good in fact I said they should win. I have also talked about their talent all year. And I didnt say it would be there only test. But their first. Wow I feel like I'm talking to one of my kids who can't listen!
Do you even READ what you write?? You said we are going to see how good alvarado is? That to me indicates you dont know how good they are..and you need to read what I wrote. I didnt say that you said Alvarado wasnt good.. I said that incase you havent noticed Alvarado is really good and I figured you would have learned that from the 37-9. Geez, I feel sorry for your kids.

COBRAFOOTBALL
11-12-2011, 11:06 AM
I like that place!!!!Thats an awesome stadium ccmom! easy to get to.. Ya'll have to drive a bit farther but its worth it for that stadium.. Its better than that Brownwood stadium we played in last yr. Thats for sure!

GrTigers6
11-12-2011, 11:16 AM
Do you even READ what you write?? You said we are going to see how good alvarado is? That to me indicates you dont know how good they are..and you need to read what I wrote. I didnt say that you said Alvarado wasnt good.. I said that incase you havent noticed Alvarado is really good and I figured you would have learned that from the 37-9. Geez, I feel sorry for your kids.

It's to see I'd they are really good,great, or unbeatable

slingshot
11-12-2011, 11:16 AM
Thats an awesome stadium ccmom! easy to get to.. Ya'll have to drive a bit farther but its worth it for that stadium.. Its better than that Brownwood stadium we played in last yr. Thats for sure!A bit farther? 164 mi, 3 hrs for us--38 mi, 45 minutes for ya'll...

COBRAFOOTBALL
11-12-2011, 11:27 AM
A bit farther? 164 mi, 3 hrs for us--38 mi, 45 minutes for ya'll...True but was like that for us going to brownwood last year... I hated that drive.. But on a positive note there are some great places to eat all around that stadium! We should have a meet and greet somewhere..

bwdlionfan
11-12-2011, 11:47 AM
Its better than that Brownwood stadium we played in last yr. Thats for sure!

You talk about Brownwood's stadium as if it's comparable to Alvarado's tiny stadium... sorry our stadium wasn't up to par for ya'll.

Birdville is a newer and nicer complex than Bwood, but it lacks history, kind of like Alvarado!

Primetime13
11-12-2011, 11:52 AM
You talk about Brownwood's stadium as if it's comparable to Alvarado's tiny stadium... sorry our stadium wasn't up to par for ya'll.

Birdville is a newer and nicer complex than Bwood, but it lacks history, kind of like Alvarado!

He never tried to compare brownwoods stadium to alvarado! He clearly said that birdvilles stadium was nicer than brownwoods (which it is!)

bobcat1
11-12-2011, 11:52 AM

Birdville is a newer and nicer complex than Bwood, but it lacks history, kind of like Alvarado!Smack upside that head!

COBRAFOOTBALL
11-12-2011, 11:56 AM

Birdville is a newer and nicer complex than Bwood, but it lacks history, kind of like Alvarado!Im comparing your "old" stadium compared to Birdvilles not Alvarados. lol Pay attention!

bwdlionfan
11-12-2011, 11:57 AM
He never tried to compare brownwoods stadium to alvarado! He clearly said that birdvilles stadium was nicer than brownwoods (which it is!)

It is nicer (due to being about 30 years newer). I kind of like playing in older stadiums with history though. We played in Breckenridge Thursday night. That stadium and its facilities are not very good, but I really enjoyed going there for the first time over going in to one of these brand new stadiums with the jumbo press boxes! Of course Wylie probably wanted Birdville, I think Birdville has an elevator don't they?

COBRAFOOTBALL
11-12-2011, 11:57 AM
ALVARADO Makes History this year... Keep on squeeking by Brownwood..

bwdlionfan
11-12-2011, 12:01 PM
ALVARADO Makes History this year... Keep on squeeking by Brownwood..

You might should focus on Wylie, and be glad they aren't quite what they usually are, or else they could end your dream season way early.

IndianFan2012
11-12-2011, 12:11 PM
You might should focus on Wylie, and be glad they aren't quite what they usually are, or else they could end your dream season way early.

Were they quite like they usually are last year?

COBRAFOOTBALL
11-12-2011, 12:19 PM
Were they quite like they usually are last year?If they arent quite as good as last year and we are twice as good as last year. Might be a rough night for Wylie? JMO

ccmom
11-12-2011, 12:21 PM
Were they quite like they usually are last year?Surely you know the answer to the question. No we were not, but still managed to stay competitive with your Indians for a good part of the game. Y'all were heavy favorites last year and will be this year. That being said, and since we are talking about history....the Dawgs have the underdog role vs some dominant teams in the past. I think y'all have a great coach and are building a great program. However, this is not Sandifer's first rodeo. Just saying.

bwdlionfan
11-12-2011, 12:23 PM
Were they quite like they usually are last year?

Dumbest question of the week award right there!

Wylie is improved this year over last year. Neither this year nor last year is representative of a typical Wylie team. You guys should win this game handily, but just remember, the team you have this year is pretty typical of what Wylie has had for the last decade. They know how to win and won't lay down.

COBRAFOOTBALL
11-12-2011, 12:24 PM
Surely you know the answer to the question. No we were not, but still managed to stay competitive with your Indians for a good part of the game. Y'all were heavy favorites last year and will be this year. That being said, and since we are talking about history....the Dawgs have the underdog role vs some dominant teams in the past. I think y'all have a great coach and are building a great program. However, this is not Sandifer's first rodeo. Just saying.I agree.. Anything can happen on any given night. Both coaches are great. Predictions on score?

franz
11-12-2011, 12:27 PM
Looks to me, one player accounts for most of Alvarado's offense. That tells me Wylie has a good chance to pull off an upset. I would also like to know how Lions88 knows so much about Region 1 Division [I]. I hope your players and coaches are as confident.

bwdlionfan
11-12-2011, 12:29 PM
Looks to me, one player accounts for most of Alvarado's offense. That tells me Wylie has a good chance to pull off an upset. I would also like to know how Lions88 knows so much about Region 1 Division [I]. I hope your players and coaches are as confident.

I think Alvarado wins this one by a couple of scores.... but I wouldn't be shocked if Alvarado won by more... I also wouldn't shocked if this one came down to the wire.

ccmom
11-12-2011, 12:34 PM
If they arent quite as good as last year and we are twice as good as last year. Might be a rough night for Wylie? JMOI'm not sure why you think Wylie is not as good as last year. Fill me in...

Primetime13
11-12-2011, 12:34 PM

Your right one player does have a ton of yardage for us.. with that being said if you key on him are fullback is going to kill you! He is a hard nosed runner who plays with ton of emotion (kinda reminds me of myself lol) and then are homerun threat anytime he touches the ball is some kid named bates... Lol watch out when the ball is in his hands because he is one of the most dangerous players in 3a

COBRAFOOTBALL
11-12-2011, 12:41 PM
Looks to me, one player accounts for most of Alvarado's offense. That tells me Wylie has a good chance to pull off an upset. I would also like to know how Lions88 knows so much about Region 1 Division [I]. I hope your players and coaches are as confident.Theres an uneducated person... He accounts for about half. ALvarado can kill you from anywhere.. We are just blessed to have a great RB.. And we have backups that could start on any team in 3 A. Heck our FB has 12 Tds. Not on goaline runs either! Its pick your poison.. U wanna stop the run game? we destroy you with a pass.. We had 6 people score last night! 3 TDS by our defensive back.. Punt return. rushing TD and Caught a pass for TD too. Defense is the best in the state!!!! Ranked #1 per massey ratings.. Im going out on a limb here and may regret this but Alvarado wins by 3 TDs. At least...

COBRAFOOTBALL
11-12-2011, 12:42 PM
I'm not sure why you think Wylie is not as good as last year. Fill me in...You have lost 4 games....???

Pendragon13
11-12-2011, 12:45 PM
Were they quite like they usually are last year? A little more size overall, better QB play and faster recievers...but inconsistent o-line play. We have a couple of tough running RB's, but they don't have the breakaway speed Nasser had last year. On D we have a great backfield (may be leading 3A in picks? I dunno for sure) but there again..inconstency from the line/LB's. I'd say this years Wylie team is comparable to last year....just different strengths and weaknesses.

franz
11-12-2011, 12:56 PM
Theres an uneducated person... He accounts for about half. ALvarado can kill you from anywhere.. We are just blessed to have a great RB.. And we have backups that could start on any team in 3 A. Heck our FB has 12 Tds. Not on goaline runs either! Its pick your poison.. U wanna stop the run game? we destroy you with a pass.. We had 6 people score last night! 3 TDS by our defensive back.. Punt return. rushing TD and Caught a pass for TD too. Defense is the best in the state!!!! Ranked #1 per massey ratings.. Im going out on a limb here and may regret this but Alvarado wins by 3 TDs. At least...

Maxpreps show QB only throws for about 100 yds per game and other backs average less than 50 yds per game. I would say that is a one man show. I also think your competition you played wasn't the strongest, especially last night. Prosper and Bridgeport look to be your toughest opponents. I bet you go out on that limb every week

bwdlionfan
11-12-2011, 01:01 PM
You have lost 4 games....???

They lost to Stephenville, Waco High, Lovejoy, and Snyder.

Stephenville and Waco High would beat Alvarado. Lovejoy and Snyder would play you tough.

COBRAFOOTBALL
11-12-2011, 01:05 PM
Stats:

Wylie scored 266 pts. Gave up 233 pts. 33 pts differential. Avg 24 pts game for and 21 pts against.
Alvarado scored 517 pts. Gave up 81 pts. 436 pt differential. Avg 47 pts game for and 7 pts against.

Wylie has had a tough schedule. But our schedule hasnt been easy..

COBRAFOOTBALL
11-12-2011, 01:06 PM
They lost to Stephenville, Waco High, Lovejoy, and Snyder.

Stephenville and Waco High would beat Alvarado. Lovejoy and Snyder would play you tough.No way any of those teams beats Alvarado...

COBRAFOOTBALL
11-12-2011, 01:07 PM
OUr district wanst a cupcake district either.. ALL 3 teams advanced to second round..

Primetime13
11-12-2011, 01:17 PM
Stats:

Wylie scored 266 pts. Gave up 233 pts. 33 pts differential. Avg 24 pts game for and 21 pts against.
Alvarado scored 517 pts. Gave up 81 pts. 436 pt differential. Avg 47 pts game for and 7 pts against.

Wylie has had a tough schedule. But our schedule hasnt been easy..

About 28 of those points given up were from either kick returns or defensive touchdowns from the other team lol

franz
11-12-2011, 01:31 PM
About 28 of those points given up were from either kick returns or defensive touchdowns from the other team lol

Good, Wylie scores all of their points on special teams and on defense. Wylie likes to concentrate on one back and strip him of the ball.

ccmom
11-12-2011, 01:35 PM
You have lost 4 games....??? That didn't answer my question. We had lost more this time last year. So again, why do you think last years Wylie team was better?

upper20
11-12-2011, 01:44 PM
True but was like that for us going to brownwood last year... I hated that drive.. But on a positive note there are some great places to eat all around that stadium! We should have a meet and greet somewhere..

I like Brownwood and Birdville stadiums, but was hoping for Mineral Wells -- really nice facility that is an hour closer to Abilene

bwdlionfan
11-12-2011, 01:46 PM
No way any of those teams beats Alvarado...

Stephenville, if healthy, would beat Alvarado.... and would probably beat Alvarado anyway. They were healthy when they beat Wylie and when they thrashed Bwood.

Pendragon13
11-12-2011, 01:49 PM
Stephenville, if healthy, would beat Alvarado.... and would probably beat Alvarado anyway. They were healthy when they beat Wylie and when they thrashed Bwood.Not to mention Aledo....with Jonathan Gray.

upper20
11-12-2011, 01:52 PM

Guarantee that Stephenville, at full strength (like they were against Aledo, Wylie, and Brownwood), would beat Alvarado - they were scary-good

texas_wildcat
11-12-2011, 02:52 PM
Alvarado 48 to 14
Big win for Alvarado

ccmom
11-12-2011, 03:22 PM
What I remember about Tyler Bates is that he isn't much taller than me, but can jump like a circus freak! Very impressive kid!!

5wide
11-12-2011, 04:05 PM

Yall beat a horrible Springtown team 26-0. Aledo beat that same team 83-21!!!! And those 21 came in mop up duty!!!! Stephenville beat Aledo...yes Stephenville, Aledo and Waco would beat Alvarado.

tres beauties
11-12-2011, 04:27 PM
We (Alvarado) have been very blessed these past two years. I'm thankful for the successes and triumphs. The number of personal fouls concerns me. The closer the game; the more costly those become. I get so aggravated when I watch games from high school to the NFL and see that players feel the need to talk so much trash. If you're good then you don't have to tell anyone. Furthermore, if you don't personally have any effect on the game (I'm talking about us as fans) then what even gives us the right to talk trash? In my humble opinion, the players need to close their mouths and play ball and we need to close our mouths and let them play! Good luck and safe travels to our friends from Abilene Wylie.

COBRAFOOTBALL
11-12-2011, 05:01 PM
:iagree:
We (Alvarado) have been very blessed these past two years. I'm thankful for the successes and triumphs. The number of personal fouls concerns me. The closer the game; the more costly those become. I get so aggravated when I watch games from high school to the NFL and see that players feel the need to talk so much trash. If you're good then you don't have to tell anyone. Furthermore, if you don't personally have any effect on the game (I'm talking about us as fans) then what even gives us the right to talk trash? In my humble opinion, the players need to close their mouths and play ball and we need to close our mouths and let them play! Good luck and safe travels to our friends from Abilene Wylie.

ccmom
11-12-2011, 05:25 PM
:iagree: You do??? Whoa!! :)

Tin Cup
11-12-2011, 05:34 PM
In response to every team in Alvarado's district advancing, so did ours. I would even argue that every team in our district is below their own standards except for Snyder. With that said, our district also swept. Alvarado better view Wylie as Wimberley now views Taylor. Alvarado will win this game, but leave the stands saying I can't believe they lost 4 games before us. You will also have the ultimate respect for Wylie players and staff. They are truly a great program and opponent that I love to play. In all sports

GO WYLIE PLEASE BEAT THESE OVERCONFIDENT INDIANS!

defense51
11-12-2011, 05:53 PM
In response to every team in Alvarado's district advancing, so did ours. I would even argue that every team in our district is below their own standards except for Snyder. With that said, our district also swept. Alvarado better view Wylie as Wimberley now views Taylor. Alvarado will win this game, but leave the stands saying I can't believe they lost 4 games before us. You will also have the ultimate respect for Wylie players and staff. They are truly a great program and opponent that I love to play. In all sports

By all means! Can't have over zealous fans!!! But it's not going to happen this year!!! Guess you better ask Santa for something else...

toddg
11-12-2011, 06:58 PM
wish i could see this game!..but i have to work next friday night:twitch: will be a very good, well played game..
Abilene Wylie will be the best team Alvarado has faced this year since Prosper..by alot..and will not be a walk in the park by any means..it will come down to special teams and field position and of course minimize mistakes and penalties..a good well organized DL rotation goes a long way this time of year, because ultimately, from here on out, the trenches are where these games are won or lost...

COBRAFOOTBALL
11-12-2011, 07:15 PM

GO WYLIE PLEASE BEAT THESE OVERCONFIDENT INDIANS!Whats wrong with CONFIDENCE????? U want your team to sit back and wimper and be scared or do you want them confident??? We have done enough this year for our team and our fans to be confident... Wylie will try just like Mineral Wells did.. But all I have ever heard from the crowds across the field is crickets...ALL SEASON.. I hope you enjoy this game.. Im sure confidence will show... After its all said and done.. come back to this post and say... hmmmm... youre right.. again... (11 times so far this year..) Good luck.. still sticking by my minimum 21 pt win...

toddg
11-12-2011, 07:36 PM

the Alvarado Indians are confident! as any good football team should be...and i am sure the coaching staff and players already have a healthy respect for the Abilene Wylie Bulldogs....why wouldnt they?.. the Bulldogs are a very good team
from a very good program with very good tradition!

dont let the over confident fan blur your perspective of the actual team.

Black_Magic
11-12-2011, 07:40 PM
The winner of this game will be the DI rep for Region I. These two are IMO the best two in DI in the Region.

Tin Cup
11-12-2011, 07:48 PM
Everyone from Alvarado please re-read my post and answer the following questions:

Who did I say will win?

Who did I say would earn your respect after the game?

When did I say confidence is bad or you can't be proud of your team?

Just remember, it only takes 1 loss to end your "Dream Team." There wasn't a team in 3A that could beat us last year either, remember???

Leopard4Life
11-12-2011, 07:57 PM

LOL. I don't know what they are selling in Alvarado, but you seem to be smoking all of it. You might be able to beat Lovejoy and Snyder, however Stephenville and Waco would stomp a muddle hole in you. Don't get to big for you britches (Refugio...)

Leopard4Life
11-12-2011, 07:59 PM
OUr district wanst a cupcake district either.. ALL 3 teams advanced to second round..

11-3A was a cupcake, this year, with Prosper being the big dog this year. All 3 teams advanced...

toddg
11-12-2011, 08:07 PM
Everyone from Alvarado please re-read my post and answer the following questions:

Who did I say will win?

Who did I say would earn your respect after the game?

When did I say confidence is bad or you can't be proud of your team?

Just remember, it only takes 1 loss to end your "Dream Team." There wasn't a team in 3A that could beat us last year either, remember???

i read your post carefully the first time....i was just pointing out that Alvarado already has mucho mas respect for Abilene Wylie.

slingshot
11-12-2011, 08:31 PM
No way any of those teams beats Alvarado...Had to laugh out loud (literally) on that one. If you guys played Waco and Stephenville you are 9-2 right now at best. Not sure how your one man show would compare to Snyder's--Ward is the real deal.
As for Wylie? Very balanced--run and throw equally well... not great at either, but good at both. Line play has been sporatic this year with the O-line especially devastated by injuries. I think we've only had our starting 5 together for the last 2 games... they are playing better--ask Brownwood and Burk.
Our strenghts? D-backfield. As good as anyone in the state. Honest. Recievers. 6'5"/210 lb Bloomer and 6'3"/200 lb Childress are outstanding and we have several small/shifty recievers too. QB is efficient and has a big arm--we had trouble throwing the ball deep last year, not this year. Wylie never puts up big point totals. Even running the spread and thowing the ball a lot--we are a possesion-type team. Try to keep the ball away from the other guys with ball control.
I do believe Alvarado is better than last year--but so are we. We just happened to have played the toughest schedule in the state in 3A this year and got bit hard by the injury bug. Now being healthy as we have been all year, I like our chances to pull off a huge upset. Wylie 28-Alvarado 27.

COBRAFOOTBALL
11-12-2011, 08:43 PM
LOL @ 1 MAN SHOW!!! Have you not payed attention???? Have you not noticed our D??? BEST IN THE STATE! IN 3A.

http://www.highschoolsports.net/massey/ratings/Alvarado-High-School-Alvarado-TX/Football/Varsity/Boys/2011/CFB76376/

I agree Wylie has trouble scoring. Just wait.. lol..

COBRAFOOTBALL
11-12-2011, 08:44 PM
Just to be fair... In comparison: May I present Abilene Wylie.....

http://www.highschoolsports.net/massey/ratings/Wylie-High-School-Abilene--Abilene-TX/Football/Varsity/Boys/2011/CFB76376/

5wide
11-12-2011, 09:07 PM
Cobrafootball...you don't know how stupid your making yourself look!! It's so hilarious!!! Idiot!!

COBRAFOOTBALL
11-12-2011, 09:25 PM
Cobrafootball...you don't know how stupid your making yourself look!! It's so hilarious!!! Idiot!!Thats my job to be funny... Im hilarious!!!!! People wanna root for the underdog all the time... I suppose thats what youre doing 5wide.. Then you call people "idiots" for liking a team... Seriously? How old are you 14?? You should watch how you talk to people on here.. at least act mature when you say something. lol.. I shouldnt have to defend my actions or any other Alvarado fan on here.. I watch what I say pretty well. Try not to bash anyone. I only supply stats to back up an arguement. You wanna see trash talk??? Go to Smoaky.com.. I dont talk trash.. And I have seen most of the teams play.. WHO DO YOU ROOT FOR 5WIDE? Are they still playing??? Go ahead bash a fan of a good team.. Seems like thats all you have to hang your hat on..

COBRAFOOTBALL
11-12-2011, 09:35 PM
Cobrafootball...you don't know how stupid your making yourself look!! It's so hilarious!!! Idiot!!OH..... lol... Hes a Kennedale fan... Funny I was pulling for them and picked them over Decatur. I see why theres hostility from 'ol "5wide"! Man you should be pulling for us just like we are you! I remember about 6 weeks ago... hmmmm... its all coming back.. Anyway good luck Kennedale!:stirpot:

defense51
11-12-2011, 09:38 PM
Cobrafootball...you don't know how stupid your making yourself look!! It's so hilarious!!! Idiot!!
Wow! Awesome post 5wide!

regaleagle
11-12-2011, 09:38 PM
+1:ack!:

COBRAFOOTBALL
11-12-2011, 09:45 PM
Wow! Awesome post 5wide!Heck maybe I should just shut up now that Alvarado folks are taking 5 wides side lol!

5wide
11-12-2011, 10:36 PM
I'm not trash talking...I just think you sound like a clueless Idiot on some of your posts.

5wide
11-12-2011, 10:37 PM
which you do..

hollywood
11-12-2011, 11:07 PM
Cobra, I respect your homer support. But really??? Stephenville and Waco would put Alvarado back to reality real quick. Snyder would give you guys a game. And Abilene Wylie could very well send you guys to thump thump time. Tread lightly... Your no 2010 Brownwood.

Primetime13
11-13-2011, 12:36 AM
Your no 2010 Brownwood.

That's a good thing, because they didn't win state lol so ill take that as a compliment

ccmom
11-13-2011, 12:47 AM
OH..... lol... Hes a Kennedale fan... Funny I was pulling for them and picked them over Decatur. I see why theres hostility from 'ol "5wide"! Man you should be pulling for us just like we are you! I remember about 6 weeks ago... hmmmm... its all coming back.. Anyway good luck Kennedale!:stirpot: That's funny because I would have sworn that 5wide was a Decatur fan and if he is...he knows too well that a Sandifer team can pull off the unexpected, even when they are overmatched on paper. Oh, and he's right. Whether Alvarado wins by a bizillion or they go home to play basketball, some of your posts sound absolutely ridiculous.

Are you ever gonna answer my question from earlier? My guess would be no.

Lions88
11-13-2011, 12:57 AM
I know about all the regions in the state for 3A. Why? Because I have been paying attention to everyone all year! Not just my team, but everyone. But i have paid really good attention to Alvarado because we played them last year and I noticed that they were a very young team and they had a great chance to make a run. Lets just get this clear for both sides. No one, and I mean no one is going to stop Alvarado in region one, the only one that is going to give them a close game is seminole. Why? Because region I is weak as junk. In case you havent noticed Alvarado is not a one man show. Yes they have a heck of a running back, but I dare you to put all your people in the box for the run, You see the thing is Alvarado has a really good passing game that is underrated, which I am sure you will see friday because you think that if you stop Alvarado's run game you got them. Wrong!! And Alvarado posters, there is no way in gods green earth that you beat Aledo or Stephville. So please stop yourself right there. The only teams that are going to beat Alvarado this year in the Playoffs is Celina, Henderson, or Chapel Hill. Thats it folks!

defense51
11-13-2011, 03:40 AM
Heck maybe I should just shut up now that Alvarado folks are taking 5 wides side lol!
Just for the record, that was sarcasm.

toddg
11-13-2011, 06:58 AM
Yall beat a horrible Springtown team 26-0. Aledo beat that same team 83-21!!!! And those 21 came in mop up duty!!!! Stephenville beat Aledo...yes Stephenville, Aledo and Waco would beat Alvarado.

no they didnt!! springtown scored in the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd qtrs. Aledo didnt pull their defensive starters until 4th qtr.....ironicaly the only qtr springtown didnt score...

defense51
11-13-2011, 07:19 AM
Aledo, now that's a one man show. They can score but their defense is extremely porous. Not sure they would beat Alvarado? Stephenville or Waco I couldn't say, haven't seen either team play in person.

COBRAFOOTBALL
11-13-2011, 07:58 AM
Just for the record I was being sarcastic saying Alvarado could beat any of those teams.. I dont know if we could. I know 3A I dont pay much attention to 4A. You may get your chance to see Alvarado play Stephenville next yr. This year? We will go far if we dont beat ourselves.

To answer ccmoms question. I guess you did improve from a 4-6 season. I thought yall had a much better record last year. Guess i was thinking of a previous season. My apologies. Good luck Friday night.

hollywood
11-13-2011, 09:08 AM
Just for the record I was being sarcastic saying Alvarado could beat any of those teams.. I dont know if we could. I know 3A I dont pay much attention to 4A. You may get your chance to see Alvarado play Stephenville next yr. This year? We will go far if we dont beat ourselves.

To answer ccmoms question. I guess you did improve from a 4-6 season. I thought yall had a much better record last year. Guess i was thinking of a previous season. My apologies. Good luck Friday night.

Lol, you been hanging out with my fellow Rocket?? Your antics are crackin' me up!

ccmom
11-13-2011, 10:29 AM
So, other than this season and last, I don't know anything about the history of Alvarado football. How long has your coach been there? What kind of success have y'all had over the years...3A and 4A?

COBRAFOOTBALL
11-13-2011, 10:39 AM
So, other than this season and last, I don't know anything about the history of Alvarado football. How long has your coach been there? What kind of success have y'all had over the years...3A and 4A?Our coach (Dixon) was with the Katy football team about 6 years ago when they were winning state championships. He has been Head coach and AE for 6 yrs here now. he took some lumps early on with Alvarado but has worked our team into the state they are in now. 3 straight district championships.. 1 was shared with kennedale I think. 3 yrs ago lost to Prosper in playoffs who eventually went on to state.. last year lost to Henderson in State semifinals. They also went on to win state. This year has been our best year (ever I believe) so far. I have been associated with this team since they were first graders and predicted then that if they stayed together that this team could challenge for a state championship. They have always been winners.. Im very proud of all of them.. My son is a Jr on the team and plays his role on the team. This team is a family that has been through everything.. My having fun on here wont make them lose focus on the challenge. They are a well oiled machine. You can ask any of our opponents. Im not saying we will win state but will fight hard to reach that goal.

If I missed anything or was wrong in anything Alvarado peeps please correct me..

Now tell me about Wylie? Purple and gold also??

Pendragon13
11-13-2011, 11:03 AM
Now tell me about Wylie? Purple and gold also??Coach Sandifer 22-24 years (I don't recall exactly) with 18 consecutive playoff appearances, 1 state championship, 3 finals appearances and (iirc) 9 semi-finals in that time span. I think Wylie was 2A before the 80's but some of the old timers could tell you for sure..

ccmom
11-13-2011, 11:10 AM
This link gives history through the 2009 season

http://bbs.3adownlow.com/vb/showthread.php?96090-Abilene-Wylie-Complete-Football-History-(1944-2009)&highlight=Wylie+complete+history

Heffelfinger
11-13-2011, 12:38 PM
the Alvarado Indians are confident! as any good football team should be...and i am sure the coaching staff and players already have a healthy respect for the Abilene Wylie Bulldogs....why wouldnt they?.. the Bulldogs are a very good team
from a very good program with very good tradition!

dont let the over confident fan blur your perspective of the actual team.

Isn' fan short for fanatic?

Pendragon13
11-13-2011, 01:41 PM
This link gives history through the 2009 season

http://bbs.3adownlow.com/vb/showthread.php?96090-Abilene-Wylie-Complete-Football-History-(1944-2009)&highlight=Wylie+complete+historyAccording to that only 7 semi-fials appearances. I knew my numbers could be off a bit. :)

toddg
11-13-2011, 01:52 PM
So, other than this season and last, I don't know anything about the history of Alvarado football. How long has your coach been there? What kind of success have y'all had over the years...3A and 4A?

http://lonestarfootball.net/ this site gives entire history of all texas high school football teams up to this week.

bobcat4life
11-13-2011, 02:11 PM

You pretty much just summed up your intelligence right there. Idiot.

LH Panther Mom
11-13-2011, 02:45 PM
You pretty much just summed up your intelligence right there. Idiot.
:rolleyes: And so did you! :hand:

ccmom
11-13-2011, 03:52 PM
http://lonestarfootball.net/ this site gives entire history of all texas high school football teams up to this week.From a quick glance, it looks as though 1995, 2010 and 2011 have been your best seasons. This year might end up being better than 95 and 2010...but maybe not. :)

5wide
11-13-2011, 06:05 PM
OH..... lol... Hes a Kennedale fan... Funny I was pulling for them and picked them over Decatur. I see why theres hostility from 'ol "5wide"! Man you should be pulling for us just like we are you! I remember about 6 weeks ago... hmmmm... its all coming back.. Anyway good luck Kennedale!:stirpot:

Not at all a Kennedale fan. Just another example of how clueless you are! I just can't stand when people get on here and brag that team is the best team ever. You do have a weak district and you should blow those teams out. If I'm not mistaken, Glenrose was within 6 of yall in the 4th qtr before yall pulled away? Glenrose isn't exactly awesome. I do think yall will beat wylie but I will expect a game and if not kuddos to yall. Yes, I'm a Decatur fan and yes I have seen what sandifer and co. can do. This is an honest question cause I have no clue. What were yall like the past few years in 4a?

COBRAFOOTBALL
11-13-2011, 06:34 PM
Not at all a Kennedale fan. Just another example of how clueless you are! I just can't stand when people get on here and brag that team is the best team ever. You do have a weak district and you should blow those teams out. If I'm not mistaken, Glenrose was within 6 of yall in the 4th qtr before yall pulled away? Glenrose isn't exactly awesome. I do think yall will beat wylie but I will expect a game and if not kuddos to yall. Yes, I'm a Decatur fan and yes I have seen what sandifer and co. can do. This is an honest question cause I have no clue. What were yall like the past few years in 4a?

So you lost to Kennedale?? We beat a HEALTHY Kennedale by 55?? And our district swept yours?? And our district is weak?? Maybe 3 teams were.. but 3 teams werent from where I ee it.. Decatur was 10-0... Now theyre gone... Good luck next year... Im sure Wylie will do well..

GrTigers6
11-13-2011, 07:34 PM
Who wins?

Alvarado, strong defense with a powerful running game on offense.
Wylie, Consistant program who has played a tough schedule and seem to running on all cylinders!

COBRAFOOTBALL
11-13-2011, 07:35 PM
Who wins?

Alvarado, strong defense with a powerful running game on offense.
Wylie, Consistant program who has played a tough schedule and seem to running on all cylinders!Alvarado. Tough to stop the run... Hard to run on..

ccmom
11-13-2011, 07:40 PM
So you lost to Kennedale?? We beat a HEALTHY Kennedale by 55?? And our district swept yours?? And our district is weak?? Maybe 3 teams were.. but 3 teams werent from where I ee it.. Decatur was 10-0... Now theyre gone... Good luck next year... Im sure Wylie will do well..Geez. He never said their district wasn't weak. He said y'all will probably win. Can you not just answer his question? I swear you and Rocket were separated at birth. :rolleyes:

COBRAFOOTBALL
11-13-2011, 07:50 PM
Geez. He never said their district wasn't weak. He said y'all will probably win. Can you not just answer his question? I swear you and Rocket were separated at birth. :rolleyes:Whos Rocket?? maybe I should meet him... He may be my twin! wink!

skins4life
11-13-2011, 08:24 PM
Wylie. Because they are brethren of 5-3A.

5wide
11-13-2011, 08:40 PM
Geez. He never said their district wasn't weak. He said y'all will probably win. Can you not just answer his question? I swear you and Rocket were separated at birth. :rolleyes:

I agree completely! I hope the wylie magic happens again Friday night! Captain Sandifer will pull out some tricks as usual!

Leopard4Life
11-13-2011, 08:51 PM
I agree completely! I hope the wylie magic happens again Friday night! Captain Sandifer will pull out some tricks as usual!

Never thought I would say this, but "how do I contribute to the Abeline Wylie Referee retirement fund"?

ccmom
11-13-2011, 09:05 PM
Never thought I would say this, but "how do I contribute to the Abeline Wylie Referee retirement fund"? Make your check out to ccmom and I'll distribute the funds appropriately.

toddg
11-13-2011, 09:12 PM
[QUOTE=5wide;1635543]Not at all a Kennedale fan. Just another example of how clueless you are! I just can't stand when people get on here and brag that team is the best team ever. You do have a weak district and you should blow those teams out. If I'm not mistaken, Glenrose was within 6 of yall in the 4th qtr before yall pulled away? Glenrose isn't exactly awesome. I do think yall will beat wylie but I will expect a game and if not kuddos to yall. Yes, I'm a Decatur fan and yes I have seen what sandifer and co. can do. [B] This is an honest question cause I have no clue. What were yall like the past few years in 4a?QUOTE]

Alvarado had a six year swim through 4a, made the playoffs one of those years and lost to killeen ellison in the first round..spent a couple of years in the same dist. as aledo(my wifes alma matar), everman, and stephenville..we used to whoop up on aledo in the 80s and early to mid 90s..but they paid us back in a big way! it was a rough go for us, but we were atleast competitive..

defense51
11-13-2011, 09:30 PM
Our coach (Dixon) was with the Katy football team about 6 years ago when they were winning state championships. He has been Head coach and AE for 6 yrs here now. he took some lumps early on with Alvarado but has worked our team into the state they are in now. 3 straight district championships.. 1 was shared with kennedale I think. 3 yrs ago lost to Prosper in playoffs who eventually went on to state.. last year lost to Henderson in State semifinals. They also went on to win state. This year has been our best year (ever I believe) so far. I have been associated with this team since they were first graders and predicted then that if they stayed together that this team could challenge for a state championship. They have always been winners.. Im very proud of all of them.. My son is a Jr on the team and plays his role on the team. This team is a family that has been through everything.. My having fun on here wont make them lose focus on the challenge. They are a well oiled machine. You can ask any of our opponents. Im not saying we will win state but will fight hard to reach that goal.

If I missed anything or was wrong in anything Alvarado peeps please correct me..

Coach Dixon was also a member of the coaching staff on the 1988 SLC state championship team.

toddg
11-13-2011, 09:47 PM
Coach Dixon was also a member of the coaching staff on the 1988 SLC state championship team.

and under the tutelage of the great bob ledbetter..i guess thats where he got his"ground and pound" mentality from!

garciap77
11-13-2011, 09:55 PM
Abilene Wylie by as much as they want, but I will say, we call the Dawgs off at 65 or 67 not sure yet!:D This game should not be go a to game, because it is going to be a blow out! LOL :D

skins4life
11-13-2011, 10:02 PM
Abilene Wylie by as much as they want, but I will say, we call the Dawgs off at 65 or 67 not sure yet!:D This game should not be go a to game, because it is going to be a blow out! LOL :D

I do believe you are on the sauce again garcia! :) You know they're only going to score 60.

garciap77
11-13-2011, 10:02 PM
Our coach (Dixon) was with the Katy football team about 6 years ago when they were winning state championships. He has been Head coach and AE for 6 yrs here now. he took some lumps early on with Alvarado but has worked our team into the state they are in now. 3 straight district championships.. 1 was shared with kennedale I think. 3 yrs ago lost to Prosper in playoffs who eventually went on to state.. last year lost to Henderson in State semifinals. They also went on to win state. This year has been our best year (ever I believe) so far. I have been associated with this team since they were first graders and predicted then that if they stayed together that this team could challenge for a state championship. They have always been winners.. Im very proud of all of them.. My son is a Jr on the team and plays his role on the team. This team is a family that has been through everything.. My having fun on here wont make them lose focus on the challenge. They are a well oiled machine. You can ask any of our opponents. Im not saying we will win state but will fight hard to reach that goal.

Let me tell you about Wylie!!! We are going to hang 65 or 67 points on your little Purple Indians, and we might let you score if you play nice!:D

http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/4BXP2-1.jpg

toddg
11-13-2011, 10:03 PM

and you read this fortune from the AW coaches spit on the tailgate of a chuck wagon i bet!

garciap77
11-13-2011, 10:07 PM
I do believe you are on the sauce again garcia! :) You know they're only going to score 60.

Are you talking to our refs, again?:D Yes, we have new ones, we fired the last ones after the Snyder game!:D That game was all Wylie untill THIS:
http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/DSC_8364.jpghttp://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/DSC_8365Dollar.jpg

I speak the truth!!!:D

skins4life
11-13-2011, 10:11 PM
Are you talking to our refs, again?:D Yes, we have new ones, we fired the last ones after the Snyder game!:D That game was all Wylie untill THIS:
http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/DSC_8364.jpghttp://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/DSC_8365Dollar.jpg

I speak the truth!!!:D

I gave him that to give to the ref. :crazy:

garciap77
11-13-2011, 10:13 PM
and you read this fortune from the AW coaches spit on the tailgate of a chuck wagon i bet!

Of course not! Now, if you would have said I heard or read all this at the Whataburger in Early! Then you would be correct, but at a chuck wagon, come!!!! Maybe at the Dawg Pound! LOL

garciap77
11-13-2011, 10:14 PM

So, you were at the game!!!:D

toddg
11-13-2011, 10:18 PM
ok..im really laughing now..my sides are hurting..funniest pic iv seen in a long time!!

garciap77
11-13-2011, 10:19 PM

Hey, don't forget to vote! I heard at the Early Whataburger that who ever gets the most votes on the game poll always wins the game, with the Exception of Decatur!:D

skins4life
11-13-2011, 10:20 PM

No, I gave it to him earlier in the day at the pep-rally. I had to go to the Metro-plex that night.

garciap77
11-13-2011, 10:20 PM
ok..im really laughing now..my sides are hurting..funniest pic iv seen in a long time!!

You might see some more before the week is over! :D

garciap77
11-13-2011, 10:21 PM
No, I gave it to him earlier in the day at the pep-rally. I had to go to the Metro-plex that night.

:lies:

skins4life
11-13-2011, 10:23 PM

OK, now you've done it. He's going to get crazy with the pics now

garciap77
11-13-2011, 10:58 PM
OK, now you've done it. He's going to get crazy with the pics now

http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/hmm.gif

Primetime13
11-13-2011, 11:06 PM
http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/hmm.gif

Haha yall are cracking me up!! Lets see some more funny pics lol

defense51
11-14-2011, 07:07 AM
That's a rather conservative prediction from garciap77! Only 65-67 points? He must have some inside information...

garciap77
11-14-2011, 08:24 AM
That's a rather conservative prediction from garciap77! Only 65-67 points? He must have some inside information...

http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/DSC_2463-1.jpg

:D

LionFan72
11-14-2011, 08:27 AM
Gonna be a test for the Indians for sure! Abilene will slap you around like a little sister stuck in mud! Yada, yada, yada, this game will be won by the offensive lines, period! I have not seen Alvarado play, so I pass no judgement on them, you say they are good, I'll stipulate to they are good. Beat stephenville or aledo or waco, ain't happening cowboys! See mudhole!

Out on a limb upset win for Sandifer and Abilene Wylie Bullpups, 24-17! Simply because Wylie has been battle tested! Wish I could be there, but other obligations. Good luck to all and safe travels!

franz
11-14-2011, 08:47 AM
I know about all the regions in the state for 3A. Why? Because I have been paying attention to everyone all year! Not just my team, but everyone. But i have paid really good attention to Alvarado because we played them last year and I noticed that they were a very young team and they had a great chance to make a run. Lets just get this clear for both sides. No one, and I mean no one is going to stop Alvarado in region one, the only one that is going to give them a close game is seminole. Why? Because region I is weak as junk. In case you havent noticed Alvarado is not a one man show. Yes they have a heck of a running back, but I dare you to put all your people in the box for the run, You see the thing is Alvarado has a really good passing game that is underrated, which I am sure you will see friday because you think that if you stop Alvarado's run game you got them. Wrong!! And Alvarado posters, there is no way in gods green earth that you beat Aledo or Stephville. So please stop yourself right there. The only teams that are going to beat Alvarado this year in the Playoffs is Celina, Henderson, or Chapel Hill. Thats it folks!

Living in East Texas, how many region I games have you seen.

defense51
11-14-2011, 09:09 AM
http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/DSC_2463-1.jpg
Great...

Lions88
11-14-2011, 09:34 AM
Living in East Texas, how many region I games have you seen.
I seen a few when we had some easy opp. Saw the Alvarado vs Kennedale game. That was an amazing domination...I saw Wylie Vs Brownwood.. and nothing shocked me there.. plus I went to Tarleton and have some good friends that know there junk about region 1 and I talk to them all the time. So I am not just some east texas punk that dont know Region I football. Plus listen to the sideline to sideline people... they are pretty smart fellas.

Primetime13
11-14-2011, 09:36 AM
I seen a few when we had some easy opp. Saw the Alvarado vs Kennedale game. That was an amazing domination...I saw Wylie Vs Brownwood.. and nothing shocked me there.. plus I went to Tarleton and have some good friends that know there junk about region 1 and I talk to them all the time. So I am not just some east texas punk that dont know Region I football. Plus listen to the sideline to sideline people... they are pretty smart fellas.

Lion88 is a pretty smart guy, he picked alvarado to win :)

Lions88
11-14-2011, 12:00 PM
Prime just giving you a warning.. they are banning alvarado folks over on smoaky. I notice that you post over there and they have already banned Wrecker and goosegg for nothing. Just giving you fair warning. What they are doing over there aint right.. be careful what you say man..

GrTigers6
11-14-2011, 12:20 PM
I seen a few when we had some easy opp. Saw the Alvarado vs Kennedale game. That was an amazing domination...I saw Wylie Vs Brownwood.. and nothing shocked me there.. plus I went to Tarleton and have some good friends that know there junk about region 1 and I talk to them all the time. So I am not just some east texas punk that dont know Region I football. Plus listen to the sideline to sideline people... they are pretty smart fellas.Brownie points with those guys wont help you any here!:D

Primetime13
11-14-2011, 12:25 PM
Prime just giving you a warning.. they are banning alvarado folks over on smoaky. I notice that you post over there and they have already banned Wrecker and goosegg for nothing. Just giving you fair warning. What they are doing over there aint right.. be careful what you say man..

Really? Damn, i kinda like smoaky cause a lot of people get on there. and I lioe to argue :)) but thanks for the warning!!

Lions88
11-14-2011, 12:36 PM
Really? Damn, i kinda like smoaky cause a lot of people get on there. and I lioe to argue :)) but thanks for the warning!!
Yeah it aint like this board. You can disagree and not get banned. He got banned i think because he posted a pic of a cat sitting on a fence as a reference to lion70. They have been banning folks like crazy who disagree with them. I for one was liking what wrecker was talking about.. he gave some good material.

Primetime13
11-14-2011, 12:52 PM
Yeah it aint like this board. You can disagree and not get banned. He got banned i think because he posted a pic of a cat sitting on a fence as a reference to lion70. They have been banning folks like crazy who disagree with them. I for one was liking what wrecker was talking about.. he gave some good material.

Ahahahah that's funny! Wish I would have seen the pic. Sounds like there a bunch of bitter people. But we here in alvarado love our football team, and we are homers. But really who isn't? I'm always going to root for Alvarado no matter who they play and i will always believe they will win (even if there playing the cowboys) it doesnt matter! That's just me

Lions88
11-14-2011, 12:56 PM
Ahahahah that's funny! Wish I would have seen the pic. Sounds like there a bunch of bitter people. But we here in alvarado love our football team, and we are homers. But really who isn't? I'm always going to root for Alvarado no matter who they play and i will always believe they will win (even if there playing the cowboys) it doesnt matter! That's just me
Yeah it made me chuckle and I am a Henderson fan.. haha. Its still there tho. Under anything that he post. I think he has it under his signature. I know its on the Tyler Bates thread.

Primetime13
11-14-2011, 01:06 PM
Yeah it made me chuckle and I am a Henderson fan.. haha. Its still there tho. Under anything that he post. I think he has it under his signature. I know its on the Tyler Bates thread.
alright I'm going to go check it out

Primetime13
11-14-2011, 01:12 PM
Haha that's good stuff wrecker! Smoaky needs to quit being a tight wod. takes the fun out of everything

cowboyandchrist
11-14-2011, 01:43 PM

They do not ban you on Smoaky just for a cat picture, you have to say something pretty bad about a player or coach to get banned. Also if anybody from around the state goes to Smoaky and you are not pulling for an East Texas team you should expect to be hammered on. I got hammered by Brownwood people last year about the Carthage Dawgs and loved every minute of it. It is all about bragging and hoping your team is good enough to win it all. What I like most about this site better than Smoaky, people really want to talk about the x and o of their team and what they bring to the game. On Smoaky there is a lot of smack talk without the x and o to back it up.God Bless

garciap77
11-14-2011, 02:24 PM

Not that smart, he picked Henderson to beat Gilmer and that didn't happen!:D

nobogey72
11-14-2011, 02:27 PM
Does anybody know who is the home team?

garciap77
11-14-2011, 02:31 PM

I'm not a Homer!:D or I would have pick Wylie to win by 88!:D Well, the Cowboys aren't that good, so you're saying much!:D Now, Celina they are really good, best team in Texas!:D

ccmom
11-14-2011, 02:31 PM
Does anybody know who is the home team? According to WISD website, Alvarado is home.

garciap77
11-14-2011, 02:33 PM
Does anybody know who is the home team?

Don't worry about who the home team is! We going to give Alvarado a Refugio style beating! LOL :D

Lions88
11-14-2011, 02:52 PM
They do not ban you on Smoaky just for a cat picture, you have to say something pretty bad about a player or coach to get banned. Also if anybody from around the state goes to Smoaky and you are not pulling for an East Texas team you should expect to be hammered on. I got hammered by Brownwood people last year about the Carthage Dawgs and loved every minute of it. It is all about bragging and hoping your team is good enough to win it all. What I like most about this site better than Smoaky, people really want to talk about the x and o of their team and what they bring to the game. On Smoaky there is a lot of smack talk without the x and o to back it up.God Bless
Yeah but Wrecker didnt say anything bad about any player or coach. He was actually giving some pretty insightful stuff. The only thing that he was doing was calling out a mod (and rightfully so) about the fencesitting he was doing with my henderson team. I dont take up for alot of people, but if you cant handle someone calling you a fence sitter then you shouldnt be mod. Thats shameful.

Bullaholic
11-14-2011, 02:54 PM
Don't worry about who the home team is! We going to give Alvarado a Refugio style beating! LOL :D

Tell 'em, again, they don't have any idea what is about to hit them, garcia...

BTW--I think the purple-and-gold 4A-size team wins this one.....:D

ccmom
11-14-2011, 03:20 PM

That was actually pretty clever...for a dumb ole bull!!

:taunt:

Primetime13
11-14-2011, 03:54 PM
That was actually pretty clever...for a dumb ole bull!!

:taunt:

Ahaha Thts good stuff:clap:

garciap77
11-14-2011, 08:41 PM

What! We are really just a couple of students over Early's 2A count!:D But, you are right, they have no idea what's about to hit them little purple Indains!:D I say they are lucky if they make a first down!:D

texas_wildcat
11-15-2011, 01:01 AM
yall talk alot of smack for a team that is just ok
im going to say big A 54 -7

defense51
11-15-2011, 06:47 AM
How about big A by 77 just for garciap77.

COBRAFOOTBALL
11-15-2011, 08:14 AM
How about big A by 77 just for garciap77.How about Big A by "ONE MILLION POINTS!!! MUAHAHAHAHA!!" in my best Dr. Evil voice. :crazy:

garciap77
11-15-2011, 08:37 AM

Just like people didn't believe that Kennedale could not beat Decatur! LOL Believe my son!!!!:D

Wylie by 77 "Million Points" over the little purple Indians! :D

LionFan72
11-15-2011, 09:15 AM
Wylie by 1 point to make it feel even worse, then next week it will be coulda, shoulda, woulda!!!!!!!!

LionFan72
11-15-2011, 09:16 AM
You better get ready, you really should not provoke a Bulldog!

franz
11-15-2011, 10:13 AM
Just a little something Wylie is cooking up for Friday. Not all teams can do this. Hope this link works

franz
11-15-2011, 10:21 AM
Let me try again

www.youtube.com/watch?v=z7oF4ZDigjM

texas_wildcat
11-15-2011, 10:28 AM
when i say big A it is Alvarado

LIONS#1
11-15-2011, 11:43 AM
Abilene Wylie by 88 points..............Mark IT!!

COBRAFOOTBALL
11-15-2011, 12:10 PM
Let me try again

www.youtube.com/watch?v=z7oF4ZDigjMThat was amazing!!!

Black_Magic
11-15-2011, 12:11 PM
Wylie has already paid off the officials because they were so impressed with Coach Rogers slick move. And the Price they paid is......

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l91ISfcuzDw

Old Timer
11-15-2011, 04:00 PM
I think Alvarado wins this one, and I believe it's because they aren't opposed to lining up with two tights and a fullback and running downhill right down your throat. I've always coached my teams with the understanding that whoever blocks, tackles, and controls the ball better wins. From what I've seen (and I've watched both teams play this season), Alvarado blocks, tackles, and controls the ball better than Abilene Wylie does. Look for Alvarado to exploit this fact and enjoy playing football right on through Thanksgiving.

ccmom
11-15-2011, 09:30 PM
Unless I'm confused (which is entirely possible), I'm thinking last year's game was tied at 21 after 3 qtrs. I'm hoping for another great game!!! Oh, and a different finish! :)

rholl
11-15-2011, 10:36 PM
Ccmom..... Does wylie have same running back from last yr. He ran thru around and over us!!!!

COBRAFOOTBALL
11-16-2011, 12:10 AM
Unless I'm confused (which is entirely possible), I'm thinking last year's game was tied at 21 after 3 qtrs. I'm hoping for another great game!!! Oh, and a different finish! :)You are correct.. Alvarado scored 14 in 4th qtr to win.. I hope its a fun game though.. At least for the fans.. No one has really challenged us in the past 7 games. In the last 7 games we have outscored our opponents 382 to 27 thats 55 to 4 per game on average.. I hope we keep it up.. Im sure Wylie will be our toughest yet.

toddg
11-16-2011, 01:44 AM
Ccmom..... Does wylie have same running back from last yr. He ran thru around and over us!!!!

joe nasser is enjoying his freshman year at the univ. of houston...so he wont be tormenting the darkside this year!

hollywood
11-16-2011, 09:47 AM
Abilene Wylie could give Alvarado another "too close for comfort" game this season. I think if AW is able to get a couple of key stops, they will win this game. Sandifer is a very experienced coach and prepares his teams to peak in the playoffs. Will it be enough this year, I think so.

AW 27
Alv 24

buff4ever
11-16-2011, 09:51 AM
I got alvarado in this one. Not as close as some would think is my opinion.

ahs_indian_fan
11-16-2011, 11:27 AM
Abilene Wylie could give Alvarado another "too close for comfort" game this season. I think if AW is able to get a couple of key stops, they will win this game. Sandifer is a very experienced coach and prepares his teams to peak in the playoffs. Will it be enough this year, I think so.

AW 27
Alv 24

This may be out of line, but it amazes me how little respect Alvarado and especially coach Dixon still get. I understand coach Sandifer is a fantastic coach and has the skins on the wall - there is no questioning that. However, to do what coach Dixon has done in his time at Alvarado is quite amazing. In the last four years Alvarado has had ONE division one player (any others that are playing at the college level are doing so on the D3 level and there might be three of those) ... none last year and there MIGHT be one this year. Biggest kid for Alvarado is about 6'3" 240 and he is a linebacker. There may have been three games this year where Alvarado was the biggest team - Venus, Hillsboro and West. I applaud coach Dixon for getting the most of out his players despite always being outsized by the opposition. MAYBE, if he can win a couple more games, he will get the respect he deserves after the work he's done in Alvarado, Southlake, Ennis and Katy.

Black_Magic
11-16-2011, 11:36 AM
This may be out of line, but it amazes me how little respect Alvarado and especially coach Dixon still get. I understand coach Sandifer is a fantastic coach and has the skins on the wall - there is no questioning that. However, to do what coach Dixon has done in his time at Alvarado is quite amazing. In the last four years Alvarado has had ONE division one player (any others that are playing at the college level are doing so on the D3 level and there might be three of those) ... none last year and there MIGHT be one this year. Biggest kid for Alvarado is about 6'3" 240 and he is a linebacker. There may have been three games this year where Alvarado was the biggest team - Venus, Hillsboro and West. I applaud coach Dixon for getting the most of out his players despite always being outsized by the opposition. MAYBE, if he can win a couple more games, he will get the respect he deserves after the work he's done in Alvarado, Southlake, Ennis and Katy. I dont get where in the statement you quoted where it was said coach Dixon is mentioned at all or is in any way disrespected.. where did you get this impression?

hollywood
11-16-2011, 11:42 AM
This may be out of line, but it amazes me how little respect Alvarado and especially coach Dixon still get. I understand coach Sandifer is a fantastic coach and has the skins on the wall - there is no questioning that. However, to do what coach Dixon has done in his time at Alvarado is quite amazing. In the last four years Alvarado has had ONE division one player (any others that are playing at the college level are doing so on the D3 level and there might be three of those) ... none last year and there MIGHT be one this year. Biggest kid for Alvarado is about 6'3" 240 and he is a linebacker. There may have been three games this year where Alvarado was the biggest team - Venus, Hillsboro and West. I applaud coach Dixon for getting the most of out his players despite always being outsized by the opposition. MAYBE, if he can win a couple more games, he will get the respect he deserves after the work he's done in Alvarado, Southlake, Ennis and Katy.

Why are you amazed about respect? Alvarado is getting plenty of respect. Everyone that follows HS football knows Alvarado has a very solid team again this year. But just because Alvarado has handled most of THEIR scheduled opponents pretty easily doesn't mean Abilene Wylie is going to be or even the rest of the bracket for that matter. The deeper in the playoffs the stronger the opponent the majority of the time. Because I think Wylie has a shot at beating Alvarado, does it mean I don't respect Alvarado? I'm confused.

ahs_indian_fan
11-16-2011, 11:46 AM
I dont get where in the statement you quoted where it was said coach Dixon is mentioned at all or is in any way disrespected.. where did you get this impression?

I didn't intend to quote that particular statement - just meant to reply to the thread. I guess that impression comes from comments I've seen earlier in the season about coach Barnett at Kennedale and now we've seen them all week about how coach Sandifer will have his team ready, always pulls off an upset, always has his team peaking, etc, etc ... all of which may be true, but I just wanted to remind everyone there's a pretty dang good coach on the other sideline as well.

ahs_indian_fan
11-16-2011, 11:52 AM
Why are you amazed about respect? Alvarado is getting plenty of respect. Everyone that follows HS football knows Alvarado has a very solid team again this year. But just because Alvarado has handled most of THEIR scheduled opponents pretty easily doesn't mean Abilene Wylie is going to be or even the rest of the bracket for that matter. The deeper in the playoffs the stronger the opponent the majority of the time. Because I think Wylie has a shot at beating Alvarado, does it mean I don't respect Alvarado? I'm confused.

Your are correct that Alvarado gets respect in Region I but outside of that I don't think there is a lot of respect. I don't think its just an Alvarado thing either. Region I is just fodder for the Region II champion on their way to a state title is what I think a lot of people believe ... but that is for another day. The intention of my post wasn't really about respecting Alvarado, but more about coach Dixon. He's only been a head coach for six years so he doesn't have the skins on the wall yet, but given time I think he'll prove to be one of the state's best based on the system he runs and what he gets out of his players.

hollywood
11-16-2011, 11:58 AM
Your are correct that Alvarado gets respect in Region I but outside of that I don't think there is a lot of respect. I don't think its just an Alvarado thing either. Region I is just fodder for the Region II champion on their way to a state title is what I think a lot of people believe ... but that is for another day. The intention of my post wasn't really about respecting Alvarado, but more about coach Dixon. He's only been a head coach for six years so he doesn't have the skins on the wall yet, but given time I think he'll prove to be one of the state's best based on the system he runs and what he gets out of his players.

Well stated. I agree that Region I doesn't get much respect anymore. There was a time when it was the best region in the state... oil boom was a factor in keeping the population there. Now, the East Texas teams in Reg II are the teams to beat for the most part... and recent history does back that up.

Bullaholic
11-16-2011, 11:59 AM
I didn't intend to quote that particular statement - just meant to reply to the thread. I guess that impression comes from comments I've seen earlier in the season about coach Barnett at Kennedale and now we've seen them all week about how coach Sandifer will have his team ready, always pulls off an upset, always has his team peaking, etc, etc ... all of which may be true, but I just wanted to remind everyone there's a pretty dang good coach on the other sideline as well.

I have nothing but respect for the way Coach Dixon and his staff have prepared for the Bulls both times that we have played. It shows on the field---the Bull "O" is not the easiest offense to gameplan against and he has done it very successfully, twice. I'm not trying to say the Bulls are worldbeaters by any stretch, but Coach Henson has run a very complex and highly successful spread offense for 18 years that spreads the field greatly and requires opposing coaches to consider a lot in their gameplans.

ccmom
11-16-2011, 12:11 PM

That's just ridiculous. Who said Sandifer ALWAYS does anything? If that were true, I guess Wylie would win state every year, right? Does history show he has been able to win some games that he "shouldn't" have been able to? Yes. Alvarado is clearly the heavy favorite in this game. I've said that more than once. Does that mean they definitely win? No

Alvarado has been at the top or near the top of the polls and rankings all season. They have proven each week that they deserve that ranking. I just don't understand all this "we don't respect" blah blah blah. What more "respect" do you want? From all indications, these last two seasons Alvarado has been having great success. Nobody is denying that. Perhaps the reason you hear more about Sandifer is because he has had continued success for many many years. 18 consecutive playoff appearances is not something that happens without great coaching. 15 years from now, Coach Dixon may very well have the same sort of record. Even Coach Dixon himself has been quoted as saying he would like to model his program after Coach Sandifer's program. Dixon's team beat Sandifer's last year. To say he is not respected is just silly.

From where I sit, this entire season if anyone dare suggest that another team might score a flipping field goal against Alvarado, then SOME (not all) Alvarado posters get their panties in a wad and think they are being disrespected. :rolleyes:

By the way, according to COBRAFOOTBALL, Alvarado has numerous D1 players on this year's team. Better watch it....he might find your post disprespectful to the team of the century. :rolleyes:

nobogey72
11-16-2011, 12:21 PM

I think he is kind of like Rocket in that he wants everyone to be scared of and in awe of Alvarado. Anybody that would have the nerve to think that Alvarado is not the best 3A football team of all time is an idiot. I swear that Rocket has kin folks in Alvarado. All that crap about the lack of D1 kids-------- you can count on 1 hand the # of D1 kids Wylie has had in the past 25 years. Some 3A schools obviously have lots of D1 kids throughout the years but for the most part MOST 3A coaches do what they do with everyday kids. AND, evidently these Alvarado posters think their's is the first team ever to have a group of close knit, highly motivated seniors that have grown up together. And, I understand their enthusiasm. It is an awesome thing to be 11-0 and winning games by 40 every week. One of H Sandifer's favorite sayings----- "The heat can be a crippling thing!" And, he's not talking about the temperature.

ahs_indian_fan
11-16-2011, 12:22 PM
That's just ridiculous. Who said Sandifer ALWAYS does anything? If that were true, I guess Wylie would win state every year, right? Does history show he has been able to win some games that he "shouldn't" have been able to? Yes. Alvarado is clearly the heavy favorite in this game. I've said that more than once. Does that mean they definitely win? No

Alvarado has been at the top or near the top of the polls and rankings all season. They have proven each week that they deserve that ranking. I just don't understand all this "we don't respect" blah blah blah. What more "respect" do you want? From all indications, these last two seasons Alvarado has been having great success. Nobody is denying that. Perhaps the reason you hear more about Sandifer is because he has had continued success for many many years. 18 consecutive playoff appearances is not something that happens without great coaching. 15 years from now, Coach Dixon may very well have the same sort of record. Even Coach Dixon himself has been quoted as saying he would like to model his program after Coach Sandifer's program. Dixon's team beat Sandifer's last year. To say he is not respected is just silly.

From where I sit, this entire season if anyone dare suggest that another team might score a flipping field goal against Alvarado, then SOME (not all) Alvarado posters get their panties in a wad and think they are being disrespected. :rolleyes:

By the way, according to COBRAFOOTBALL, Alvarado has numerous D1 players on this year's team. Better watch it....he might find your post disprespectful to the team of the century. :rolleyes:

Talk about panties in a wad ... I couldn't care less about someone suggesting Alvarado might give up a field goal or lose for that matter. There is a difference between being disrespected and not getting any respect. Nowhere in my post did I said anyone was disrespecting anyone. Again, I'll say the sole purpose of my post was to shine the spotlight on coach Dixon a bit. A lot is said of Alvarado's players, but I never hear a word about coach Dixon - just wanted to do my part in making sure he gets some kudos for the job he's done in Alvarado.

And, on a side note, toward the bottom of the 11th page there was a poster who said he 'always' has his team peaking for the playoffs. I'm sure that can be said about a lot of coaches, but just wanted to make sure you didn't think I was making that up.

Bullaholic
11-16-2011, 12:23 PM

Food fight! :inlove: :D

hollywood
11-16-2011, 12:27 PM

Wahoo, got ccmom all ralled up! Btw ccmom, I agree... anyone that doesn't pick Alvarado to win by a land slide is accused of not respecting Alvarado. At least that's the way it appears.

ahs_indian_fan
11-16-2011, 12:36 PM
Apparently I shouldn't have used the word respect ... seems to be a four-letter word around here and gets you labeled as crazy. I am with 90 percent of the posters on here that think this will be a great game, much like last year's that was decided in the fourth quarter. Alvarado is lucky to be 11-0 (every 11-0 team has had luck along the way, whether in close games or with injuries) and will have to earn everything they get from here on out.

hollywood
11-16-2011, 12:39 PM
Coach Dixon is getting respect by other coaches and fans. It's also a testement of the group of seniors and juniors who have been one of those "special groups" throughout the years.

It's good to see the enthusiasm from the Alvarado faithful. It really is. Not wishing Alvarado to lose by any means because it would be a very special thing to see them win out for the State Championship. For all the Alvarado faithful, just please come back on here if Alvarado loses and give all due respect to the team that was good enough beat Alvarado, if there is one. We as Brownwood fans had to eat our crow last season, but it wasn't all that bad because we could back it up. Just sayin'... :)

Black_Magic
11-16-2011, 12:40 PM
This may be out of line, but it amazes me how little respect Alvarado and especially coach Dixon still get. I think maybe its this part of your statement that makes people think you dont think Alvarado and Coach Dixon get enough respect.... BTW.. arnt you ranked in the top 5?

Sweetwater Red
11-16-2011, 12:43 PM

:bigcry:

franz
11-16-2011, 12:45 PM
I think Alvarado wins this one, and I believe it's because they aren't opposed to lining up with two tights and a fullback and running downhill right down your throat. I've always coached my teams with the understanding that whoever blocks, tackles, and controls the ball better wins. From what I've seen (and I've watched both teams play this season), Alvarado blocks, tackles, and controls the ball better than Abilene Wylie does. Look for Alvarado to exploit this fact and enjoy playing football right on through Thanksgiving.

I have always told my teams that if you score more than your opponent, you will usually win. You never know when a timely turnover can change a game and usually at this time of the season that is the difference. I have heard from some unnamed sources that the refs are going to be on the lookout for all the holding Alvarado's offensive line does. There's just no place for that in Region I.

ahs_indian_fan
11-16-2011, 12:51 PM
I have always told my teams that if you score more than your opponent, you will usually win. You never know when a timely turnover can change a game and usually at this time of the season that is the difference. I have heard from some unnamed sources that the refs are going to be on the lookout for all the holding Alvarado's offensive line does. There's just no place for that in Region I.

So they are waiting 11 weeks into the season to start calling holding penalties this year? Of all the penalties Alvarado has had (and there have been a bunch) this year I can only think of a couple holding penalties and those were usually by the receivers on long runs.

Primetime13
11-16-2011, 01:14 PM

You must not follow alvarado very closely, in the past 4 years we have had about 10 go play D-3 and 1 play D-2. As for last year there is 1 playing at Howard Payne so your wrong there to.

ahs_indian_fan
11-16-2011, 01:44 PM
You must not follow alvarado very closely, in the past 4 years we have had about 10 go play D-3 and 1 play D-2. As for last year there is 1 playing at Howard Payne so your wrong there to.

I believe your number's a little high on the D-3 kids but out of that 10 only 3-4 are still playing and one that went to a D-2 school a couple years ago is no longer playing. In the grand scheme of things it doesn't matter though ... my post was apparently ill-informed on several levels so I will just say I hope the Indians wins - it won't be easy.

garciap77
11-16-2011, 01:45 PM
Wylie by 100! :D

garciap77
11-16-2011, 01:48 PM
Wahoo, got ccmom all ralled up! Btw ccmom, I agree... anyone that doesn't pick Alvarado to win by a land slide is accused of not respecting Alvarado. At least that's the way it appears.

WOW WOW WOW I got Wylie by 100!:D

COBRAFOOTBALL
11-16-2011, 02:05 PM
Ok... Does Wylie deserve respect?? HECK yes!! Does Alvarado?? ABSOLUTELY! Playoffs are a different animal. I have been trying to keep my mouth shut lately and not be such a homer. Im going to wait and see if Alvarado will do the talking for me.. If Wylie wins I'll be the first one on here saying congratulations.. And then I'll root for your team to go further. Everyone loves the underdog.. I do too... I love Abilene Wylie... But Im from Alvarado (graduated here '84) and my boy plays on the team. Thus making me a BIG homer. Its going to be a tough game. I truly am worried. Im not going to lie. All I have is game film and stats to know what we are facing. On paper we should win by 3 tds. But we all know its a game of matchups. And whoever wants it the most that given night, will go home the winner. Im getting excited!! 2 more days til kickoff!! Pray no one gets hurt.

Bullaholic
11-16-2011, 02:47 PM
Ok... Does Wylie deserve respect?? HECK yes!! Does Alvarado?? ABSOLUTELY! Playoffs are a different animal. I have been trying to keep my mouth shut lately and not be such a homer. Im going to wait and see if Alvarado will do the talking for me.. If Wylie wins I'll be the first one on here saying congratulations.. And then I'll root for your team to go further. Everyone loves the underdog.. I do too... I love Abilene Wylie... But Im from Alvarado (graduated here '84) and my boy plays on the team. Thus making me a BIG homer. Its going to be a tough game. I truly am worried. Im not going to lie. All I have is game film and stats to know what we are facing. On paper we should win by 3 tds. But we all know its a game of matchups. And whoever wants it the most that given night, will go home the winner. Im getting excited!! 2 more days til kickoff!! Pray no one gets hurt.

I got no dog in this hunt, but I think that is a nice, reasonable post, Cobra. I don't think anyone should ever have to apologize for being a "homer"--- especially when they have a kid playing. Best of luck to the Indians, who are rolling---and to the Bulldogs, who are going to have to charge "uphill" to take this one.

hollywood
11-16-2011, 02:51 PM
WOW WOW WOW I got Wylie by 100!:D

gp77, you better watch out... you'll run out of bogeys before long. :crazy:

ccmom
11-16-2011, 02:56 PM
It will be interesting to see what kind of crowd Wylie has. Attendance has already been down the last couple of seasons, as compared to the usual Wylie crowd. It's also quite a little journey to get there, AND we will have lots of devoted Bulldog fans in San Marcos for the state volleyball tourney. We will be in Birdville and then hopefully we will make the trip to San Marcos for the championship game on Saturday, if the girls are able to win in the semis on Friday. Geez...I'm already tired just thinking about it. Good thing I am not REALLY old like nobogey72. :taunt:

COBRAFOOTBALL
11-16-2011, 03:07 PM
It will be interesting to see what kind of crowd Wylie has. Attendance has already been down the last couple of seasons, as compared to the usual Wylie crowd. It's also quite a little journey to get there, AND we will have lots of devoted Bulldog fans in San Marcos for the state volleyball tourney. We will be in Birdville and then hopefully we will make the trip to San Marcos for the championship game on Saturday, if the girls are able to win in the semis on Friday. Geez...I'm already tired just thinking about it. Good thing I am not REALLY old like nobogey72. :taunt:Good Luck Wylie Volleyball team! Its funny how small our opponents crowds have been. Last week I bet Mineral wells didnt have 300 fans. Our stands were full.. I do sympathize with you having to come to Ft.Worth to see the game. Its an Hr drive for us at that time of day and several Hrs for yall.. Bummer.

hollywood
11-16-2011, 03:14 PM
Good Luck Wylie Volleyball team! Its funny how small our opponents crowds have been. Last week I bet Mineral wells didnt have 300 fans. Our stands were full.. I do sympathize with you having to come to Ft.Worth to see the game. Its an Hr drive for us at that time of day and several Hrs for yall.. Bummer.

Don't feel sorry for Wylie... they have learjets for trips like this.

nobogey72
11-16-2011, 03:14 PM

Hey man, no one blames you for being a homer and being enthusiastic, but just know that you will get challenged on this board when you do. Don't quit now!!!!! Makes it fun. Just don't be surprised if we jump up and kick your overconfident ass Friday night. :stirpot: We can't wait either. It's been too long since pulled a big ol upset.

BullBoy
11-16-2011, 03:38 PM
Wylie Bulldogs by 3 in a low scoring game.

COBRAFOOTBALL
11-16-2011, 03:45 PM
Wylie Bulldogs by 3 in a low scoring game.Low scoring??? Lets get an idea of total points scored and by who?? everyone chime in.. See whos closest.....here's mine:

Alvarado 42
Wylie 7

49 total pts.

Primetime13
11-16-2011, 03:54 PM
I believe your number's a little high on the D-3 kids but out of that 10 only 3-4 are still playing and one that went to a D-2 school a couple years ago is no longer playing. In the grand scheme of things it doesn't matter though ... my post was apparently ill-informed on several levels so I will just say I hope the Indians wins - it won't be easy.

08 Nathan law-Dort College(no longer playing)
08 cody browder-Dort college(no longer playing)
09 tristan fuentes-Howard Payne(still playing)
09 Thomas Head-Howard Payne(starting Qb)
09 R.j. King-Sul Ross(no longer playing)
09 Rydge west-Sul Ross(no longer playing)
10 Daniel Johnston-Howard payne(joined the Army)
10 Justin Bonham-navarro(no longer playing)
10 Brett Bridgewater-navarro(no longer playing)
10 Denzel Lewis-navarro(no longer playing)
10 brandon Huckaba-quatchita Baptist(transferred to southwestern assemblies of God, still playing)
10 Ryan Lawler-southwestern assemblies of God(I heard he joined the Army to, but im not sure)
11 chance means-ETBU(Still playing)
11 Nick ladd-Howard Payne(still playing)

And of course in 10 BROAM HART-AIR FORCE(PLAYING IN A SMALL ROLL AS A FRESHMAN)

So its more than 10 but your right only a handful are still playing

hollywood
11-16-2011, 03:57 PM
Low scoring??? Lets get an idea of total points scored and by who?? everyone chime in.. See whos closest.....here's mine:

Alvarado 42
Wylie 7

49 total pts.

WOW... you must have left out a digit in front of Wylie's score unless yours is really just wishful thinking.

hollywood
11-16-2011, 03:59 PM
51 points

AW 27
Alv 24

Primetime13
11-16-2011, 04:04 PM
51 points

AW 27
Alv 24

Is AW defense that good? Alvarado hasn't been held under 26 points all year... so im going to go with
Alvarado-33
Abeline wylie-13

46 total points

ahs_indian_fan
11-16-2011, 04:19 PM
Alvarado 38
Wylie 14

Close or tied at half and then Alvarado pulls away

52 points

COBRAFOOTBALL
11-16-2011, 04:27 PM
51 points

AW 27
Alv 24

AW better score more than that. Only one team has scored more than 20 on us all season.. And we have faced some pretty potent offenses.. It will take 35 pts to have a chance at a win for AW. Alvarado can score in case u havent noticed the 517 pts we have scored lol.. You also just said that AW will score 27? 27 is what we have given up in the last 7 games. U might be right... But odds are you might not be..

nobogey72
11-16-2011, 04:42 PM
AW better score more than that. Only one team has scored more than 20 on us all season.. And we have faced some pretty potent offenses.. It will take 35 pts to have a chance at a win for AW. Alvarado can score in case u havent noticed the 517 pts we have scored lol.. You also just said that AW will score 27? 27 is what we have given up in the last 7 games. U might be right... But odds are you might not be..

Sounds like you are trying hard to convince yourself. In 2004 in week 2 Decatur beat the hell outta us 44-7. In week 13 we sent them home 14-13. So I don't give a rat's ass how many points you've been scoring. I like the fact that ya'll have scored so much on everybody else. It's always fun to watch a bunch of kids (and coaches) that get a little "heat" put on them for the first time in a while. "It can be a crippling thing."

ahs_indian_fan
11-16-2011, 04:51 PM
The great thing about all those points is that they aren't all being scored by the offense ... the combination of our defense and special teams have been responsible for about 14 points a game for most of the season.

garciap77
11-16-2011, 04:52 PM

OK!!! Wylie by 200 points! Is that enough for you?:D You have no Idea what is coming your way! :D

garciap77
11-16-2011, 04:57 PM
Low scoring??? Lets get an idea of total points scored and by who?? everyone chime in.. See whos closest.....here's mine:

Alvarado 42
Wylie 7

49 total pts.

Wylie Bulldogs 200

Alvarado Cobras 0

200 total points!:D

hollywood
11-16-2011, 05:20 PM

If AW had played a weak schedule like Alvarado, I would agree you. But that is not the case. They have been in some games with some really good 4A teams and just didn't have the experience nor healthy players at the time. Different story this week. ;) I could be wrong, but the odds are that I'm not.:1popcorn:

hollywood
11-16-2011, 05:23 PM
The great thing about all those points is that they aren't all being scored by the offense ... the combination of our defense and special teams have been responsible for about 14 points a game for most of the season.

Yep, I know. Last year Brownwood could say the same thing until a match up with Carthage. Not saying AW is Carthage, but that Carthage had played some really good teams up to that point... more so than Brownwood had.

upper20
11-16-2011, 05:32 PM
Wylie Bulldogs 200

Alvarado Cobras 0

200 total points!:D

Think I'll have one of whatever Garcia is drinking before I make a prediction!

Lions88
11-16-2011, 05:47 PM
Think I'll have one of whatever Garcia is drinking before I make a prediction!
Man i dont know what you guys are smoking over there in Region I. But its alvarado by however many they want to put up. Yall are just hoping for an upset. See you in 2 weeks Alvarado.

Alvarado 49
AW: 10

hollywood
11-16-2011, 06:31 PM
Man i dont know what you guys are smoking over there in Region I. But its alvarado by however many they want to put up. Yall are just hoping for an upset. See you in 2 weeks Alvarado.

Alvarado 49
AW: 10

LOL... no, you're just hoping for a rematch. There is a chance that won't happen, don't know how much of a chance, but a chance.

So let's hear your opinion. Why does Alvarado win by 39 points?

Lions88
11-16-2011, 06:40 PM
LOL... no, you're just hoping for a rematch. There is a chance that won't happen, don't know how much of a chance, but a chance.

So let's hear your opinion. Why does Alvarado win by 39 points?
I am not hoping for a rematch, I know there will be one. Alvarado wins this plain and simple. Great running game, passing game is really underrated, and there defense will shut them down. Bet you are wondering how I know this? Because I do my research and been watching Alvarado's progress all year. It wont even be close.

Tin Cup
11-16-2011, 07:12 PM
Wylie would have 1 loss playing Alvarado's schedule. Don't fall asleep on the Purple Puppies. I know Alv probably has the better team but I bet you get outcoached!

LionFan72
11-16-2011, 07:18 PM
Wylie would have 1 loss playing Alvarado's schedule. Don't fall asleep on the Purple Puppies. I know Alv probably has the better team but I bet you get outcoached!

Again!

COBRAFOOTBALL
11-16-2011, 07:19 PM
If AW had played a weak schedule like Alvarado, I would agree you. But that is not the case. They have been in some games with some really good 4A teams and just didn't have the experience nor healthy players at the time. Different story this week. ;) I could be wrong, but the odds are that I'm not.:1popcorn:We havent had that weak of a schedule.. Looks pretty comparable to yours all except for we havent been beat. We played a 4A team too (bad Springtown team). So try not to say our schedule was that weak.. If it was yours was too..

Teams you lost to:

Stephenville 42-14 All in playoffs
Waco 35-15 Gone
Lovejoy 21-17
Snyder 30-24

Teams you beat: only 2 with a winning record.. You can beat a bad team..

Rockdale 5-6
Graham 5-5
Estacado 7-3 (still in playoffs)
Sweetwater 4-6
Big Spring 0-10
Brownwood 6-4 (still in playoffs)

Teams we lost to:

NO ONE

Good teams we beat:

Waco Robinson 42-27 (still in playoffs)
Prosper 28-7 (still in playoffs and some say may win Div II championship)
Bridgeport 39-20 (made playoffs)
Waco Connally 37-6
Kennedale 55-0 (still in playoffs)
Glen Rose 37-9 (still in playoffs)

COBRAFOOTBALL
11-16-2011, 07:23 PM
Wylie would have 1 loss playing Alvarado's schedule. Don't fall asleep on the Purple Puppies. I know Alv probably has the better team but I bet you get outcoached!Doubt that..

ccmom
11-16-2011, 07:33 PM
Again!????? Say what?

skins4life
11-16-2011, 08:31 PM
Food fight! :inlove: :D

Chick fight!

skins4life
11-16-2011, 08:35 PM

On the sauce again. :ack!:

franz
11-16-2011, 09:56 PM
I am not hoping for a rematch, I know there will be one. Alvarado wins this plain and simple. Great running game, passing game is really underrated, and there defense will shut them down. Bet you are wondering how I know this? Because I do my research and been watching Alvarado's progress all year. It wont even be close.

Lions88 has already proven he knows nothing about the football out west. Somehow he thinks Seminole is the best team out in this region. You might want to stick to your mighty Henderson Lions or find some better source of research. This game will be close, lets say 21-21 late 4th quarter after Wylie scores on the statue of liberty play. Alvarado second string tailback(1st string knocked out from continuos pounding but will be okay) gets the ball around midfield. He is hit hard by an anonymous Wylie defender but keeps his feet and finds the end zone. The only problem, it is Wylie's end zone and the Bulldogs win by 2.

Lions88
11-16-2011, 10:05 PM
Lions88 has already proven he knows nothing about the football out west. Somehow he thinks Seminole is the best team out in this region. You might want to stick to your mighty Henderson Lions or find some better source of research. This game will be close, lets say 21-21 late 4th quarter after Wylie scores on the statue of liberty play. Alvarado second string tailback(1st string knocked out from continuos pounding but will be okay) gets the ball around midfield. He is hit hard by an anonymous Wylie defender but keeps his feet and finds the end zone. The only problem, it is Wylie's end zone and the Bulldogs win by 2.
You must not be able to read at all anything that i have ever posted. Show me where I said that seminole was the best in region I??? I said the only team that would come close to beating alvarado is seminole in region I until they met a beast from the east. You obviously dont know about west texas football either because you think that Wyile is going to win. No way.. alvarado is on another level..man I cant stand when people try to put words in my mouth... smh

franz
11-16-2011, 10:17 PM
You must not be able to read at all anything that i have ever posted. Show me where I said that seminole was the best in region I??? I said the only team that would come close to beating alvarado is seminole in region I until they met a beast from the east. You obviously dont know about west texas football either because you think that Wyile is going to win. No way.. alvarado is on another level..man I cant stand when people try to put words in my mouth... smh

Oh okay, that clears it up.

bobcat4life
11-16-2011, 10:57 PM
We havent had that weak of a schedule.. Looks pretty comparable to yours all except for we havent been beat. We played a 4A team too (bad Springtown team). So try not to say our schedule was that weak.. If it was yours was too..

Teams you lost to:

Stephenville 42-14 All in playoffs
Waco 35-15 Gone
Lovejoy 21-17
Snyder 30-24

Teams you beat: only 2 with a winning record.. You can beat a bad team..

Rockdale 5-6
Graham 5-5
Estacado 7-3 (still in playoffs)
Sweetwater 4-6
Big Spring 0-10
Brownwood 6-4 (still in playoffs)

Teams we lost to:

NO ONE

Good teams we beat:

Waco Robinson 42-27 (still in playoffs)
Prosper 28-7 (still in playoffs and some say may win Div II championship)
Bridgeport 39-20 (made playoffs)
Waco Connally 37-6
Kennedale 55-0 (still in playoffs)
Glen Rose 37-9 (still in playoffs)

Stephenville started out the year as good as any 4a team in the state. Lovejoy is still in the playoffs. Waco is better than anybody on your schedule other than Prosper. And Snyder is good and has one of the best players in 3a in Ward.
Now as for your schedule: Robinson is average, I wouldnt put them anywhere near good. You beat prosper early in the year when they were a complete mess. Bridgeport is decent. Conally is not good. Kennedale is down a bit this year and nothing to brag about. Glen Rose is pretty decent and it was a 6 point game in the 4th quarter so that score is a bit misleading.

Yeah, Wylie played a tougher schedule...not close IMO

navajo joe
11-16-2011, 11:37 PM
Dont get to far ahead of the game you are fixing to play or it will get you in the end , so until you play Seminole dont judge ,Seminole has probably the best team in our schools history. i will not do any trash talking because we have Lubbock cooper to play friday . we are taking it on game at a time .who knows cooper might be on there best game friday and win or who knows we might win or who knows wylie might come out with a win friday or alvarado might win , we wont know until friday .

83Indian
11-17-2011, 12:01 AM
Stephenville started out the year as good as any 4a team in the state. Lovejoy is still in the playoffs. Waco is better than anybody on your schedule other than Prosper. And Snyder is good and has one of the best players in 3a in Ward.
Now as for your schedule: Robinson is average, I wouldnt put them anywhere near good. You beat prosper early in the year when they were a complete mess. Bridgeport is decent. Conally is not good. Kennedale is down a bit this year and nothing to brag about. Glen Rose is pretty decent and it was a 6 point game in the 4th quarter so that score is a bit misleading.

Yeah, Wylie played a tougher schedule...not close IMO

The game Friday night will be a close game. If Alvarado has some costly turnovers and Wylie plays a perfect game, it could be a long night for Alvarado. Penalties have also been a problem all year for Alvarado. That has to stop as well. With that being said, I have predicted conservative wins for Alvarado against Prosper, Kennedale, and Mineral Wells. I was way off on those and hope I am as well for the Wylie game. If both teams play to their capabilities, I'll take Alvarado by 14.

As far as schedules. Yes, Wylie played a tougher schedule considering two good 4A teams. Massey shows Wylie's schedule ranked 7th in 3a and Alvarado 33rd. If you just compare 3a games, I think its fairly even. Prosper is very good. You can argue they figured it out after losing to La Vega and Alvarado if you wish. Absolutely no facts to support that however. Robinson is way above average. Alvarado beat them by 15 and La Vega beat them on La Vegas field by 14 for their only losses. Both Top 10 teams. Robinson beat a good Lorena team and Taylor who took the #2 team in the state Wimberly to overtime last week. Kennedale takes down Decatur who was undefeated and beat burkburnett handily 52 - 27 whereas Wylie beat Burkburnett 28 -17. So what does that say about Alvarado beating Kennedale 55 - 0 who beat Decatur?

So we can do the who played what tougher schedule all night. It will be a great game regardless of all the talk.

83Indian
11-17-2011, 12:08 AM
Dont get to far ahead of the game you are fixing to play or it will get you in the end , so until you play Seminole dont judge ,Seminole has probably the best team in our schools history. i will not do any trash talking because we have Lubbock cooper to play friday . we are taking it on game at a time .who knows cooper might be on there best game friday and win or who knows we might win or who knows wylie might come out with a win friday or alvarado might win , we wont know until friday .

I have tried not looking ahead, but have been keeping up with Seminole for a while now. If we are fortunate enough to get by Wylie and you guys take down cooper (wont be easy), that will be a great game as well. Good luck and lets see who the best Indians are.

defense51
11-17-2011, 07:21 AM
Sounds like you are trying hard to convince yourself. In 2004 in week 2 Decatur beat the hell outta us 44-7. In week 13 we sent them home 14-13. So I don't give a rat's ass how many points you've been scoring. I like the fact that ya'll have scored so much on everybody else. It's always fun to watch a bunch of kids (and coaches) that get a little "heat" put on them for the first time in a while. "It can be a crippling thing."
A trash mouth can also be crippling thing, but I'm sure you're aware of that. Indians keep on rolling 42-8 over the pups.

defense51
11-17-2011, 07:32 AM

I knew triple digits were coming eventually... I bet garciap77 would be really good at predicting 6 man scores!

garciap77
11-17-2011, 08:45 AM
I knew triple digits were coming eventually... I bet garciap77 would be really good at predicting 6 man scores!

When it's over, you will be wishing 6 man football!:D

franz
11-17-2011, 09:01 AM

Navajo, speaking of getting ahead of yourself. Thats why we are posting on our own thread for this weeks game, not yours. Your result against Snyder tells me something.

Black_Magic
11-17-2011, 09:36 AM
Navajo, speaking of getting ahead of yourself. Thats why we are posting on our own thread for this weeks game, not yours. Your result against Snyder tells me something. the fact we cant get a game scheduled with seminole again for the next two years despite trying to for most of this season might say something . Navaho Joe may be more confident than others who know more....

hollywood
11-17-2011, 09:58 AM
Massey shows Wylie's schedule ranked 7th in 3a and Alvarado 33rd.

So we can do the who played what tougher schedule all night. It will be a great game regardless of all the talk.

That pretty much sums it up right there. Thanks 83Indian for the honesty.

hollywood
11-17-2011, 10:15 AM

So how do you explain AW's schedule ranking 7th in 3A and Alvarado's schedule ranking 33rd in 3A? Have you been keeping up with AW all year too? I'm telling you, AW has been through a very testing schedule and the injuries they suffered earlier in the season has reflected that. Now that they are healthy and into their 13th week of football, they are a very solid team. Maybe one of the largest Wylie teams I can remember. And they execute very well. If I'm not mistaken, their secondary has a made many interceptions throughout the season and can shut down the run. Their offense is very efficient with tall receivers and a big O-line. Their RB is lightning in pads. So get ready Lions88, it will be closer than many think.

ahs_indian_fan
11-17-2011, 10:17 AM

That's good, guess how many losses Alvarado has playing Alvarado's schedule - 0.

Thank you for validating what I was trying to say yesterday about coach Dixon ...

hollywood
11-17-2011, 10:28 AM

That's good, guess how many losses Alvarado has playing Alvarado's schedule - 0.

Thank you for validating what I was trying to say yesterday about coach Dixon ...

And Alvarado would have at least 2 losses and probably 3 losses on Abilene Wylie's schedule.

83Indian
11-17-2011, 10:44 AM
That pretty much sums it up right there. Thanks 83Indian for the honesty.

Well you kind of picked the parts of my post you liked here. Our 3A schedules are very compatible. Who cares if you played a superior 4A team and got blown out? Save the talk for Friday night around 11:00 PM

hollywood
11-17-2011, 10:59 AM
Well you kind of picked the parts of my post you liked here. Our 3A schedules are very compatible. Who cares if you played a superior 4A team and got blown out? Save the talk for Friday night around 11:00 PM

I'm not from Wylie just to clarify. But just an unbiased view point to educate the Alvarado and Henderson fans a little better. It was a good post. Alvarado is a very solid team who's results up to this point a very impressive and deserving. Hard work from the coaches to the players has paid off. But the real part is that the schedules are not compatible. AW, Sville, Waco, Snyder, Lovejoy could beat everyone on Alvarado's schedule. Waco lost to a very good Stephenville team 2 weeks ago and a VERY good Mansfield Summit team last week. Again, we could talk about who played who and who's schedule is tougher than the other all day.

Bottom line is that don't think AW is going to be just another team on the schedule by looking at their record. They have been tested very well and will pull out all the stops to challenge Alvarado to their limits. Should be a great game. The best team will come out on top.

toddg
11-17-2011, 11:04 AM
And Alvarado would have at least 2 losses and probably 3 losses on Abilene Wylie's schedule.

you dont know that...anyhow it doesnt matter..has no bearing on the game friday night whatsoever..the rubber hits the asphalt tomorrow night and both teams better be ready.

regaleagle
11-17-2011, 11:17 AM
Let me chime in now that I have been following the long, drawn out thread. It's been very entertaining and enlightening, but basically a "mini-Rocket" thread from last year. I do have Alvarado in a close one against Wylie this week, but nothing is etched in stone. Last year Argyle was 13-0 until Carthage came calling. Brownwood experienced their "Waterloo" the next week, albeit could have gone either way. A loss knocks you out, regardless of the score. There are many good teams left in Division I Alvarado will have to beat to stay in the race. Wylie is just the first 'real' test. Like ccmom pointed out, "don't get your panties in a wad" just yet. If the Indians do get past Wylie this week (and I'm predicting they will-barely), you will still have a formidable oppenent next week, and then from Region 2 to get by. Just feel lucky that Alvarado doesn't have to face but one team out of Region 2. Maybe all 4 of our teams in Division I would beat you, I dunno. In summary, Alvarado is not the world-beater until they prove it with other quality teams thay DO have SIZE, SPEED, TALENT, PLAYOFF HISTORY, AND COACHING. Good luck to each team this week, and I will say Alvarado by less that 10 in a 38-31 win.

hollywood
11-17-2011, 11:36 AM
you dont know that...anyhow it doesnt matter..has no bearing on the game friday night whatsoever..the rubber hits the asphalt tomorrow night and both teams better be ready.

I agree... meant to say could have. But then again, it's all speculation and subjective POV right?

hollywood
11-17-2011, 11:42 AM
How do these teams match up? I say very well. Each plays into the strengths of the other. Both are very similar teams having well balanced offenses supported by sound physical defenses. Wylie will execute very well and it may just come down to who makes one less turnover than the other. Wish I could see this one, but will be in Sville supporting my alma matar. :2thumbsup

toddg
11-17-2011, 11:52 AM
I agree... meant to say could have. But then again, it's all speculation and subjective POV right?

and remember..the players are teenagers..heck i cant even predict my 8th grade sons demeaner from week to week!
i remember being 17 and thought i was on top of the world..it turned out to be a fire ant mound!

COBRAFOOTBALL
11-17-2011, 12:05 PM
Looks like Wylie is winning in votes.. Lots of people rooting for the underdog.. Thats good... I like material to fire up an Alvarado team... Believe me they see this.. Be careful of what ya say it may be used in the game as motivational tools. Ability is what you're capable of doing. Motivation determines what you do. Attitude determines how well you do it. Alvarado will play this game like Wylie just hit their mother with a two by four.

Lions88
11-17-2011, 12:21 PM
Looks like Wylie is winning in votes.. Lots of people rooting for the underdog.. Thats good... I like material to fire up an Alvarado team... Believe me they see this.. Be careful of what ya say it may be used in the game as motivational tools. Ability is what you're capable of doing. Motivation determines what you do. Attitude determines how well you do it. Alvarado will play this game like Wylie just hit their mother with a two by four.
If your players are using this as motivation then they have already lost the game. Its the playoffs, there is no need for any further motivation. Its win or go home.

franz
11-17-2011, 12:23 PM

Man, I didn't think about that. Please don't show the kids. Give Wylie a fighting chance. Doesn't the poll at this time make Alvarado the underdog?

hollywood
11-17-2011, 12:25 PM

LOL... same old story every year. This isn't AW's first dance... lol. Do you know how many times they have been threatened by posts like yours? More than you could shake a spear at!

hollywood
11-17-2011, 12:25 PM
If your players are using this as motivation then they have already lost the game. Its the playoffs, there is no need for any further motivation. Its win or go home.

:iagree:

ccmom
11-17-2011, 12:28 PM
How do these teams match up?

Both purple and gold, so I'd say they match up pretty well! :2thumbsup:wave:

nobogey72
11-17-2011, 12:34 PM

You gotta be kidding!!! YOU have spewed out some of the best bulletin board material of all time this week!!! Oh and thanks for the heads up about all that motivation and stuff. None of us actually knew those things. That's good stuff. Besides, our mothers could whoop ya'lls mothers in a 2x4 fight. And while we're at it, I bet my 2x4 is longer than your's.

regaleagle
11-17-2011, 12:34 PM
Maybe Wylie could come out donned in some Lime Green pants with Lime Green Numbers. That would be "wild looking" wouldn't it?

Lions88
11-17-2011, 12:39 PM
You gotta be kidding!!! YOU have spewed out some of the best bulletin board material of all time this week!!! Oh and thanks for the heads up about all that motivation and stuff. None of us actually knew those things. That's good stuff. Besides, our mothers could whoop ya'lls mothers in a 2x4 fight. And while we're at it, I bet my 2x4 is longer than your's.
whoa easy killer.. kids read this board..(no pun intended)