PDA

View Full Version : Ingleside

Johnny Utah
11-13-2011, 06:26 PM
Did not see that loss coming!! What happened? They must have overlooked Whartons record!!

Johnny Utah
11-13-2011, 06:30 PM
Just heard they lost on a two point conversion!! Totally screwed up my bracket!!

warhorsejoe
11-13-2011, 06:31 PM
Did not see that loss coming!! What happened? They must have overlooked Whartons record!!

Perhaps, never underestimate a team that has been cornered in the playoffs.

Saggy Aggie
11-13-2011, 06:35 PM
I was there. Wharton controlled the game completely. Ingleside was overrated big time.

D29 beat the snot out of D30.

Johnny Utah
11-13-2011, 06:40 PM
I really thought Ingleside would win!! I guess they peaked too soon or the loss to Sinton was tougher to recover from than most thought.

Roughneck93
11-13-2011, 06:51 PM
Glad I decided to go watch this game. I would also add that Ingleside had a chance to pretty much seal a win late in the game. About three minutes left in the game, Ingleside inside the Wharton 10 yard line, all they needed was a FG to make it a two score game. Instead they throw it which results in an interception. I don't know, but at that point, I'm just trying to get out of there with a win.

Johnny Utah
11-13-2011, 06:54 PM
Interesting

Necked
11-13-2011, 06:56 PM
Interesting
Not the word I'm thinking of...

Johnny Utah
11-13-2011, 07:00 PM
Well, I am not one to judge play calling. Kids have to execute but I probably would have run the ball and kicked a fg.

Johnny Utah
11-13-2011, 07:44 PM
Any Mustang posters??

Saggy Aggie
11-13-2011, 07:47 PM
you can go and read the entire ingleside/wharton thread a few pages back. they didnt have much to say, but others said plenty.

BlueThunder5
11-13-2011, 08:06 PM
I think we just completely over looked Wharton by thinking to much about the week after. We did not have control of game when we would score we would score fast instead of getting rid of clock and that killed us. They had way more first downs then we did. A couple of game changers in this game. 1. Interception threw at whartons 5 yd line. 2. This could just be my homerism but I thought the refs were horrible a couple of controversial calls and some that were not called on Wharton. 3. In my opinion we just did not use smart play calling. IMO you stop Whartons QB you when the game and we didn't do that.

BlueThunder5
11-13-2011, 08:09 PM
Oh and Good Luck to Wharton on the rest of their playoff journey

Saggy Aggie
11-13-2011, 08:27 PM
I think we just completely over looked Wharton by thinking to much about the week after. We did not have control of game when we would score we would score fast instead of getting rid of clock and that killed us. They had way more first downs then we did. A couple of game changers in this game. 1. Interception threw at whartons 5 yd line. 2. This could just be my homerism but I thought the refs were horrible a couple of controversial calls and some that were not called on Wharton. 3. In my opinion we just did not use smart play calling. IMO you stop Whartons QB you when the game and we didn't do that. if ANYTHING, ingleside was the beneficiary of crappy calls. Wharton got screwed out of a td before half cuz the refs flagged them 5 yards for their coach being on the field and then lost 30 seconds when their player got out of bounds. Had they had 5 more seconds, they'd have scored a td before half.

Wharton controlled both lines. Wharton gave away a td on the botched kickoff return and have ingleside an easy 7 on a 63 yd td pass where their defender was in position to make a pic but it looked like he just lost the ball in the lights or something. 2 lucky tds for ingleside and got lucky Wharton didn't score right before half. All that, and Wharton still came back. They out gained ingleside. They out played ingleside. They out coached ingleside. All that equals a win despite the GIGANTIC mismatch with the twins. JMO

BlueThunder5
11-13-2011, 08:49 PM
[QUOTE=Saggy Aggie;1635654]if ANYTHING, ingleside was the beneficiary of crappy calls. Wharton got screwed out of a td before half cuz the refs flagged them 5 yards for their coach being on the field and then lost 30 seconds when their player got out of bounds. Had they had 5 more seconds, they'd have scored a td before half.

That was not a crap call that was a fair call Whartons coach was on field whole game and I don't remember this 30 secs they lost but if they did that's the person controlling the clocks fault.

What I am talking about is when one of Whartons Players had bad sportsmanship to one of our players and the ref didn't call it but the next play on other side of field they called it on us. Another bad call was when we picked up a fumble from Wharton and they said he was throwing the ball so called it an incompletion.

I do give it to Wharton they played good and they won so hats off to them

Saggy Aggie
11-13-2011, 08:56 PM
[QUOTE=Saggy Aggie;1635654]if ANYTHING, ingleside was the beneficiary of crappy calls. Wharton got screwed out of a td before half cuz the refs flagged them 5 yards for their coach being on the field and then lost 30 seconds when their player got out of bounds. Had they had 5 more seconds, they'd have scored a td before half.

That was not a crap call that was a fair call Whartons coach was on field whole game and I don't remember this 30 secs they lost but if they did that's the person controlling the clocks fault.

What I am talking about is when one of Whartons Players had bad sportsmanship to one of our players and the ref didn't call it but the next play on other side of field they called it on us. Another bad call was when we picked up a fumble from Wharton and they said he was throwing the ball so called it an incompletion.

I do give it to Wharton they played good and they won so hats off to themNo... That was not a fumble. It was a forward shovel pass type pitch to the rb while he was in motion. It was not a handoff. They didn't complete it, therefor incomplete pass, not fumble. The refs made the correct call.

I didn't see the incident that occurred on the far side but I did hear the ingleside crowd get mad about it. I can't speak for what happened because I didn't see it. However I did see what happened on the near sideline and it deserved a flag. A referee ended up getting messed up well after the play because of what the ingleside player did.

BlueThunder5
11-13-2011, 09:23 PM
[QUOTE=BlueThunder5;1635670]No... That was not a fumble. It was a forward shovel pass type pitch to the rb while he was in motion. It was not a handoff. They didn't complete it, therefor incomplete pass, not fumble. The refs made the correct call.

I didn't see the incident that occurred on the far side but I did hear the ingleside crowd get mad about it. I can't speak for what happened because I didn't see it. However I did see what happened on the near sideline and it deserved a flag. A referee ended up getting messed up well after the play because of what the ingleside player did.

Guess I didn't see what I thought I saw on that shovel pass looked like a fumble from where I was sitting. On the incident on our side it should have been called but wasn't guess the refs were bad on both sides.

99IHSMustang
11-13-2011, 09:32 PM
Good luck to Wharton on their journey proceeding into the playoffs.

MustangFootball
11-13-2011, 10:35 PM
First off I wanna say congrats to Wharton on talks big win, I think there were controversial calls on both sides. I my opinion Ingleside coaches lost this game with a chance to close it out with under 5minutes left and inside Wharton's 10 yard line and elected to pass instead of run the ball and go up by two scores with a td or field goal, instead they they throw an INT......i believe Ingleside's quick strike offense hurt them as well as their defense was on the field all night....Wharton's defense was a non factor, almost no defense as Ingleside was getting off big plays and scoring quickly Ingleside never trailed in this game until the final minute when Wharton elected to go for two.....this game shouldn't have be such a surprise to many people Wharton was the second best team in their district, again congrats to Wharton on talks playoff journey yall played great that night and deserved the win.
oh and yes Wharton's speed was a big difference in the game as well.

MustangFootball
11-13-2011, 10:40 PM
First off I wanna say congrats to Wharton on talks big win, I think there were controversial calls on both sides. I my opinion Ingleside coaches lost this game with a chance to close it out with under 5minutes left and inside Wharton's 10 yard line and elected to pass instead of run the ball and go up by two scores with a td or field goal, instead they they throw an INT......i believe Ingleside's quick strike offense hurt them as well as their defense was on the field all night....Wharton's defense was a non factor, almost no defense as Ingleside was getting off big plays and scoring quickly Ingleside never trailed in this game until the final minute when Wharton elected to go for two.....this game shouldn't have be such a surprise to many people Wharton was the second best team in their district, again congrats to Wharton on talks playoff journey yall played great that night and deserved the win.
oh and yes Wharton's speed was a big difference in the game as well. dang spell check the word ya'll should be everywhere the word talk ended up....LMAO