PDA

View Full Version : Dallas Cowboys VS buffalo Bills

eagleqb_14
11-13-2011, 12:59 PM
awesome first drive for the cowboys, 5 plays 80 yards, 7-0 cowboys, then they stoped the bills there first time out.:clap:

Buckeye80
11-13-2011, 01:04 PM
Started out exactly this way against the Lions.:eek:

Roughneck93
11-13-2011, 01:04 PM
Cowboys looking good so far. Offense is moving the ball effortlessly.

SintonFan_inAustin
11-13-2011, 01:07 PM
Cowboys lacked a running game for good part of the season, looks like Felix Jones has lost the starting rb role when he comes back from injury.

Roughneck93
11-13-2011, 01:11 PM
Cowboys lacked a running game for good part of the season, looks like Felix Jones has lost the starting rb role when he comes back from injury.Yeah I think DeMarco Murray has the starting spot locked up.

lbjacj
11-13-2011, 01:21 PM
Romo 10-10 for 121 and 2 tds
make that 11-11 for 179 and 3 tds

eagleqb_14
11-13-2011, 01:21 PM
cowboys executing very well today 14-0

eagleqb_14
11-13-2011, 01:22 PM
touchdown cowboys!!!!!!! 21-0

Roughneck93
11-13-2011, 01:23 PM
Nice! :clap:

Bullaholic
11-13-2011, 01:26 PM
Cowboys needed a day like this badly. However, I wouldn't be getting fitted for any rings just yet, if I was a Cowboy. Sure good to see things coming together---would feel even better if they were doing this against a top tier NFL team, though. That chance will come in December.

lbjacj
11-13-2011, 01:34 PM
I think a Dallas Cowboy Cheerleader may get fired for that one!

eagleqb_14
11-13-2011, 01:41 PM
if im jason garrett i keep throwing the ball

lbjacj
11-13-2011, 01:44 PM
if im jason garrett i keep throwing the ball
I agree. Romo has a hot hand. Go with it!

eagleqb_14
11-13-2011, 01:51 PM
14 plays 80 yards. 28-7 cowboys

SintonFan_inAustin
11-13-2011, 03:01 PM
:mad::mad: What the heck!!!! CBS has switched over to Steelers vs Bengals!!!! for a more competative game? TEXAS doesn't give a hoot for that game!

eagleqb_14
11-13-2011, 03:02 PM
34-7 cowboys going to the 4th

SintonFan_inAustin
11-13-2011, 03:05 PM
is it still on everywhere else but in Corpus Christi?

Roughneck93
11-13-2011, 03:21 PM
Pick 6 for Newman! Good game for him today with 2 ints.

SintonFan_inAustin
11-13-2011, 03:25 PM
Pick 6 for Newman! Good game for him today with 2 ints.ARRRR! this just ruin my Sunday lol! CBS is crap!

warhorsejoe
11-13-2011, 03:28 PM
CBS put my Cowboys back on!!!!

Roughneck93
11-13-2011, 03:37 PM
Cowboys win 44-7. Great game for Romo. 88.5 completion percent for the game. New Cowboys record.

Eagle 1
11-13-2011, 07:16 PM
A great win, just enough to keep the fan base holding on.

Roughneck93
11-13-2011, 07:20 PM
And to top it off...Giants, Redskins and Eagles all lose today. Good day for Cowboys fans.

SintonFan_inAustin
11-13-2011, 07:28 PM
And to top it off...Giants, Redskins and Eagles all lose today. Good day for Cowboys fans.Not a good day for all cowboy fans!!! San Antonio to Corpus Christi and down the game got switch to a more competative game :mad:

Guess CBS thinks this area is MEXICO and not TEXAS to take our Cowboys out of the spotlight and show us East coast game. :ack!:

Roughneck93
11-13-2011, 07:35 PM
Not a good day for all cowboy fans!!! San Antonio to Corpus Christi and down the game got switch to a more competative game :mad:Guess CBS thinks this area is MEXICO and not TEXAS to take our Cowboys out of the spotlight and show us East coast game. :ack!:Here in the Houston area, the Texans come first. When they both play at the same time, the Cowboys are not shown. I either have head out to a sports bar or just watch it online.

lbjacj
11-13-2011, 07:57 PM
Speaking of Texans the Austin station showed NO Atl instead of Hou TB?
I mean we are in Texas! Come on???

pirate4state
11-13-2011, 07:58 PM
Not a good day for all cowboy fans!!! San Antonio to Corpus Christi and down the game got switch to a more competative game :mad:

Guess CBS thinks this area is MEXICO and not TEXAS to take our Cowboys out of the spotlight and show us East coast game. :ack!:

NFL Sunday ticket :inlove:

Txbroadcaster
11-13-2011, 08:17 PM
Speaking of Texans the Austin station showed NO Atl instead of Hou TB?
I mean we are in Texas! Come on???

No vs Atlanta was on fox...if Houston was playing in Tampa that game would have been on CBS

lbjacj
11-13-2011, 08:20 PM
No vs Atlanta was on fox...if Houston was playing in Tampa that game would have been on CBS

You are correct but Austin has shown no love for the Texans before.

coach
11-14-2011, 08:46 AM
where is ff complaing about how tony messed up 3 times in the game?

Farmersfan
11-14-2011, 09:39 AM
where is ff complaing about how tony messed up 3 times in the game?

The only difference in this game and the Detroit game was Tony's 2 pick sixes for a 28 point turnaround! And the only difference in last weeks Seahawks win and the Jet's game was also Tony's mistakes! Games like yesterday are why Tony Romo was handed the franchise QB spot on America's team! Unfortunately they have been too few and far between! But only a real simpleton would use a game like yesterday by Romo to try and prove a point about all the "Failures" by Romo that we talk about on here ad nauseum!
Or were you just trying to be a comedian? Either way you FAILED!!!!!

Txbroadcaster
11-14-2011, 09:44 AM
The only difference in this game and the Detroit game was Tony's 2 pick sixes for a 28 point turnaround! And the only difference in last weeks Seahawks win and the Jet's game was also Tony's mistakes! Games like yesterday are why Tony Romo was handed the franchise QB spot on America's team! Unfortunately they have been too few and far between! But only a real simpleton would use a game like yesterday by Romo to try and prove a point about all the "Failures" by Romo that we talk about on here ad nauseum!
Or were you just trying to be a comedian? Either way you FAILED!!!!!

Actually FF..it would be the games like Det and Jets are few and far between

GrTigers6
11-14-2011, 09:46 AM
Or were you just trying to be a comedian? Either way you FAILED!!!!!Its funny how you say that Romo's turnovers cost them the jets game but he was only responsible for half of those 28 points. The defense gave up the rest. But you wont talk about that. Just that it was romo. Classic!

BILLYFRED0000
11-14-2011, 09:50 AM
Yeah that was my question. Where are all the haters out there.....

Farmersfan
11-14-2011, 10:10 AM
Actually FF..it would be the games like Det and Jets are few and far between

Really?

Are you saying a 148 QB rating and yesterday's performance is more a indication of Romo's career than the Jets and Lions game? Hell, it's no wonder you argue for Romo all the time! :crazy::)

Txbroadcaster
11-14-2011, 10:13 AM
Really?

Are you saying a 148 QB rating and yesterday's performance is more a indication of Romo's career than the Jets and Lions game? Hell, it's no wonder you argue for Romo all the time! :crazy::)

Seeing as he is a carer 95.8 QB I think it is safe to say he has more games like yesterday than those you complain about

Saggy Aggie
11-14-2011, 10:17 AM
Lil Wayne puts it best:

"you ni$$as suck like Tony Romo."

http://www.azlyrics.com/lyrics/lilwayne/backonmygrizzy.html

Farmersfan
11-14-2011, 10:20 AM
Seeing as he is a carer 95.8 QB I think it is safe to say he has more games like yesterday than those you complain about

Well, let's see!

Career rating =95
yesterday =148
difference =53

Career rating =95
against Lions =86
difference =9

Yea, I see your point......................

Farmersfan
11-14-2011, 10:21 AM

Let's try again!

Career games close to 148 rating= 6

Career games close to 86 rating= 33

Again I see your point!

Farmersfan
11-14-2011, 10:24 AM
Its funny how you say that Romo's turnovers cost them the jets game but he was only responsible for half of those 28 points. The defense gave up the rest. But you wont talk about that. Just that it was romo. Classic!

WHAT? Considering how the defense wasn't even on the field for the 28 point turnaround I don't see how I could blame them for it.

Txbroadcaster
11-14-2011, 10:28 AM
Let's try again!

Career games close to 148 rating= 6

Career games close to 86 rating= 33

Again I see your point!

First off..I.. never said yesterday was typical Romo( or typical for any QB)...I said the games like Jets and Lions are few and far between..you made it sound like those games happen all the time

he is 95.8 rating..so that is his average game..btw u mentioned 36 games at 86...he has had 39 games at 100 or better..oh andthe 86 rating...would still be top 12 lol

Farmersfan
11-14-2011, 10:30 AM
What I want to know is why some of you are again trying to turn this into a Romo good/bad debate even after such a great performance by Romo and the entire team? Can't we enjoy this win for at least 1 day before you guys start trying to prove Romo is great and everyone who ever spoke ill of him before is now proven wrong?

Macarthur
11-14-2011, 10:32 AM
What I want to know is why some of you are again trying to turn this into a Romo good/bad debate even after such a great performance by Romo and the entire team? Can't we enjoy this win for at least 1 day before you guys start trying to prove Romo is great and everyone who ever spoke ill of him before is now proven wrong?

coach, drew you offsides big time! :)

Txbroadcaster
11-14-2011, 10:33 AM

Because you run to the computer on a Romo bad day and claim the he is the reason for every problem but when he has a good game we hear very little of you

Farmersfan
11-14-2011, 10:38 AM
First off..I.. never said yesterday was typical Romo( or typical for any QB)...I said the games like Jets and Lions are few and far between..you made it sound like those games happen all the time

he is 95.8 rating..so that is his average game..btw u mentioned 36 games at 86...he has had 39 games at 100 or better..oh andthe 86 rating...would still be top 12 lol

I know all this TXB! Yesterday was an anomaly for any QB! And Romo has only been even close to that a hand full of times in his entire career. And yet you still claimed yesterday's performance was more normal than his Lions or Jets performance. You then post numbers that prove your original comments were false. What gives?

Farmersfan
11-14-2011, 10:43 AM
Because you run to the computer on a Romo bad day and claim the he is the reason for every problem but when he has a good game we hear very little of you

So what you are saying is you miss me on days like this? Well I miss you too darling! :wave:

Farmersfan
11-14-2011, 10:44 AM
coach, drew you offsides big time! :)

I know, right? Yellow flags flying all over the place!

Txbroadcaster
11-14-2011, 10:49 AM
I know all this TXB! Yesterday was an anomaly for any QB! And Romo has only been even close to that a hand full of times in his entire career. And yet you still claimed yesterday's performance was more normal than his Lions or Jets performance. You then post numbers that prove your original comments were false. What gives?

I said he has played more games like yesterday than the Lions or Jets period...whether he would have finished with a 140 rating or a 100 rating yesterday was more the norm than the games you claim are the norm..you brought the ratings into it..

Txbroadcaster
11-14-2011, 10:50 AM
So what you are saying is you miss me on days like this? Well I miss you too darling! :wave:

ha..no..I just like to see people who scream aboiut a player when they make mistakes to give them credit when they play well is all

SintonFan_inAustin
11-14-2011, 10:55 AM
where is ff complaing about how tony messed up 3 times in the game?Oh no, you let the cat out of the bag!

Farmersfan
11-14-2011, 10:55 AM
I said he has played more games like yesterday than the Lions or Jets period...whether he would have finished with a 140 rating or a 100 rating yesterday was more the norm than the games you claim are the norm..you brought the ratings into it..

I can't argue with your logic TXB! Maybe in your world a career 95 average is closer to a 148 QB rating than a 86 QB rating. But not in the REAL WORLD!

The big question is do you think the Cowboys will continue this roll in Washington next week? The 'skins always play the Cowboys tough. And will we get a 148 rated QB next week or a 71 rated QB like what we got the first time these two played?

Txbroadcaster
11-14-2011, 10:59 AM
I can't argue with your logic TXB! Maybe in your world a career 95 average is closer to a 148 QB rating than a 86 QB rating. But not in the REAL WORLD!

The big question is do you think the Cowboys will continue this roll in Washington next week? The 'skins always play the Cowboys tough. And will we get a 148 rated QB next week or a 71 rated QB like what we got the first time these two played?

seeing as that was a comeback win I think Romo did all right lol...like u said Skins tend to play Dallas close, but I think with their problems and the roll Dallas is on it will be a 10-14 point win for Dallas

Farmersfan
11-14-2011, 11:10 AM
seeing as that was a comeback win I think Romo did all right lol...like u said Skins tend to play Dallas close, but I think with their problems and the roll Dallas is on it will be a 10-14 point win for Dallas

I agree! And I think I will pull for Philly to beat the Giants which will move Dallas into a tie with NY for the division lead.......................:cheerl:

Txbroadcaster
11-14-2011, 11:27 AM
I agree! And I think I will pull for Philly to beat the Giants which will move Dallas into a tie with NY for the division lead.......................:cheerl:

man i am torn on that one..I think Philly is a loss away from being knocked out for year..but like u said a loss and Dallas win ties the East..

Macarthur
11-14-2011, 11:48 AM

You know, I think the boys get on a big roll. I think the emergence of a running game has changed the entire complexion of this team. Quite frankly, this is the first time in his career that Romo has had a consistent running game for several games in a row.

I thought it was funny listening to Marshall Faulk on the NFL network yesterday. He's a noted Cowboy hater. Before the game he said Fitz is better than Romo. When Irvin told him Fitz has 6 TDs and 6 INTs in his last 3 games and Romo has 6 TDs and 1 INT in his last 3 games, Faulk said it's because Fitz is having to take more chances. Romo's INTs only went down because they are 'protecting' him with the run game.

So when the Cowboys didn't have a run game and the entire offense was on Romo's shoulders, it's his fault when he makes a mistake. When Fitz does it, it's because he's taking chances because he has to for them to win. Weird, huh? He also said that Fitz has a better group around him and he knows better where his WRs are going to be. Okay, then how come he has to take more chances? The two don't follow.

This is a perfect example of how the 'analysis' is extremely flawed and biased, especially as it relates to Romo.

GrTigers6
11-14-2011, 12:00 PM
WHAT? Considering how the defense wasn't even on the field for the 28 point turnaround I don't see how I could blame them for it.What? how was that a 28 point turnaround? they were no where near scoring on either int

BILLYFRED0000
11-14-2011, 12:55 PM
I think the thing that helps is a dependable running game. Demarco is a legit threat with power and speed. The O line also has improved game by game. I think we can all agree that when Tony has time he can find someone to throw to.

buff4ever
11-14-2011, 03:49 PM
Sorry, not a romo fan here. A high rating against a defense like the bills brought yesterday is possible by any descent qb. My beef with romo is that he can blow a big victory against a quality opponent in a matter of seconds. I don't care if he has a 140 rating every game, but when he blows a play off clinching win, or a playoff win or even a big lead, those things stick in my head. I don't have the confidence with him at qb if the game is considered to be a BIG game, or against a quality opponent. How do you blow what the cowboys did against the jets and lions? Ask romo, he is one that can. How do you just fumble everytime you try and run inside the 10 yard line, ask romo. I think the cowboys should be good enough to put up winning points on most teams, if the defense starts playing a little better, we can make a run this year. If we do, as big a cowboy fan as I am, I will not ever feel good with romo driving the offense in playoff type games. Until he proves to me that he is the big gamer, he isn't the big gamer.

Macarthur
11-14-2011, 03:57 PM
Sorry, not a romo fan here. A high rating against a defense like the bills brought yesterday is possible by any descent qb. My beef with romo is that he can blow a big victory against a quality opponent in a matter of seconds. I don't care if he has a 140 rating every game, but when he blows a play off clinching win, or a playoff win or even a big lead, those things stick in my head. I don't have the confidence with him at qb if the game is considered to be a BIG game, or against a quality opponent. How do you blow what the cowboys did against the jets and lions? Ask romo, he is one that can. How do you just fumble everytime you try and run inside the 10 yard line, ask romo. I think the cowboys should be good enough to put up winning points on most teams, if the defense starts playing a little better, we can make a run this year. If we do, as big a cowboy fan as I am, I will not ever feel good with romo driving the offense in playoff type games. Until he proves to me that he is the big gamer, he isn't the big gamer.

Of course, the fact that he has won big games is irrelevant? Beating Philly two weeks in a row with one being a playoff game doesn't count.

I really get frustrated with this kind of stuff. Romo has had a couple of high profile mistakes, but why is it that no one looks at the complete body of work? Why is he held to a different standard than guys like Rivers or Ryan or Sanchez?

http://www.fannation.com/blogs/post/946847-tony-romo-4th-quarter

BILLYFRED0000
11-14-2011, 03:59 PM

I always love these types of responses. Everybody acts as if the QB is the reason the game was lost but you can almost always find a reason the TEAM failed. Yes Romo did not pick the team up on his back and carry them unless of course it is your opinion that he got them there which also is not the case.

buff4ever
11-14-2011, 04:08 PM
I always love these types of responses. Everybody acts as if the QB is the reason the game was lost but you can almost always find a reason the TEAM failed. Yes Romo did not pick the team up on his back and carry them unless of course it is your opinion that he got them there which also is not the case.

Name a super bowl champion that didn't have a championship type qb, you may be able to think of one. It doesn't happen very often. Romo to me is not a championship qb. elway didn't fumble going in to the endzone, brady didn't throw 2 interceptions to blow any of his big wins. I understand what you are saying, but yet I remember a lot of games where he not even seemingly, he just choked no doubt about it. Championship qb's rise to the occasion when the normal qb's possibly choke.

Romo has choked too many times. I can't count the times that romo has stated he just can't wait to get back on the field and forget about a performance where he had choked. Dah, that is what anyone needs to do after a all out choking experience. The problem is his chokes have been at terrible times vs. some qb's time their chokes when the rest of the team can cover for them. If the cowboys had any type of run game the past few years, I will agree that he would have had less pressure on him, and maybe wouldn't have choked. But we didn't and we needed a qb to lead the offense that wouldn't choke. The thing about ROMO that I sometimes like and try to remember when i get down on him is that even though he has choked and prolly will again, he atleast will surprise me here and there and do something remarkable.

Macarthur
11-14-2011, 04:20 PM
Name a super bowl champion that didn't have a championship type qb, you may be able to think of one. It doesn't happen very often. Romo to me is not a championship qb. elway didn't fumble going in to the endzone, brady didn't throw 2 interceptions to blow any of his big wins. I understand what you are saying, but yet I remember a lot of games where he not even seemingly, he just choked no doubt about it. Championship qb's rise to the occasion when the normal qb's possibly choke.

Romo has choked too many times. I can't count the times that romo has stated he just can't wait to get back on the field and forget about a performance where he had choked. Dah, that is what anyone needs to do after a all out choking experience. The problem is his chokes have been at terrible times vs. some qb's time their chokes when the rest of the team can cover for them. If the cowboys had any type of run game the past few years, I will agree that he would have had less pressure on him, and maybe wouldn't have choked. But we didn't and we needed a qb to lead the offense that wouldn't choke. The thing about ROMO that I sometimes like and try to remember when i get down on him is that even though he has choked and prolly will again, he atleast will surprise me here and there and do something remarkable.

You're comparing him to Brady and Elway!!!! Good God, man. Those are two of the best to ever play the position.

Okay, let's compare him to some guys that are a more reasonable comparison? Is that okay?

What has Rivers done that is better than Romo? Yes, Rivers has been to an AFC Championship game, but he's also played some really bad football, including recently.

The last 2 years, I've seen many folks put Ryan above Romo. Sorry, he's not as good as Romo. Looks like he's maxed out to me - good to very good, but not great.

Sanchez is a disaster.

Vick? No thanks, I'll take Romo.

Eli - Eli has been on a good run and has a SB ring so I will concede Eli, but I communicate with several Giants fans that want to pull their hair out on a regular basis over Eli.

Ben, Rodgers, Brees - Okay, those guys have been better, but let's not forget that GB had to have help to get into the playoffs last year.

There was a time when all 'championship' QBs had yet to win one. At that point, there were not yet 'Championship' QBs.

The bottom line is if guys like Trent Dilfer, Kerry Collins, McNair, Chandler, Gannon, Delhomme, McNabb, Hasselback and Grossman can lead their team to a SB, you can get to a SB with Tony Romo as your QB. If you don't think so, you know nothing of this league and its history.

Farmersfan
11-14-2011, 04:26 PM
What? how was that a 28 point turnaround? they were no where near scoring on either int

I think you are confused a little GrTigers6! Both ints thrown by Romo in the 3rd quarter went back for a TD and the other one resulted in a TD about 4 plays later. (hence the name "pick 6"). Up until Romo threw the int to Carpenter the Cowboys had scored on like the last 6 possessions. Even IF you assume they only get a FG out of those two drives then it's still a 20 point turnaround! 14 points FOR THE LIONS and 6 point taken off the board for the Cowboys............ Get it? And that doesn't even address the huge swing in momentum that those pick sixes gives the other team. The Lions were beat, dead and ready to be buried. Romo gave them new life and the entire Detroit team responded with some inspired play the entire 4th quarter. If Dallas simple runs the ball 3 times and punts for the entire 2nd half Dallas wins the game BIG! Detroit could not have come back in that game without the Romo mistakes!

buff4ever
11-14-2011, 04:27 PM
You're comparing him to Brady and Elway!!!! Good God, man. Those are two of the best to ever play the position.

Okay, let's compare him to some guys that are a more reasonable comparison? Is that okay?

What has Rivers done that is better than Romo? Yes, Rivers has been to an AFC Championship game, but he's also played some really bad football, including recently.

The last 2 years, I've seen many folks put Ryan above Romo. Sorry, he's not as good as Romo. Looks like he's maxed out to me - good to very good, but not great.

Sanchez is a disaster.

Vick? No thanks, I'll take Romo.

Eli - Eli has been on a good run and has a SB ring so I will concede Eli, but I communicate with several Giants fans that want to pull their hair out on a regular basis over Eli.

Ben, Rodgers, Brees - Okay, those guys have been better, but let's not forget that GB had to have help to get into the playoffs last year.

There was a time when all 'championship' QBs had yet to win one. At that point, there were not yet 'Championship' QBs.

The bottom line is if guys like Trent Dilfer, Kerry Collins, McNair, Chandler, Gannon, Delhomme, McNabb, Hasselback and Grossman can lead their team to a SB, you can get to a SB with Tony Romo as your QB. If you don't think so, you know nothing of this league and its history.

I think that Rivers has the same syndrome that Romo has except not quite as many chokes in his career as just coming up short (I don't think that San Diego will get a ring with rivers, and I think rivers is in the better category of qbs in the league right now). I didn't say that the league was flooded with great qb's right now, but he isn't one of the great ones in the game, therefore I don't think we are in position a to get the championship right now. I would take vick before romo believe it or not. If you give Ryan the weapons Romo has, Ryan would be better than romo.

You can't win this argument until romo proves me wrong, and I would love to be proved wrong this year, just don't see it. Garret is one of the few play callers that might can get romo through the rut he sometimes falls into, but he has failed at it in a few opportunities he was given. I wish we didn't have to call plays worried about a head case choake artist.

GrTigers6
11-14-2011, 04:28 PM
I think you are confused a little GrTigers6! Both ints thrown by Romo in the 3rd quarter went back for a TD and the other one resulted in a TD about 4 plays later. (hence the name "pick 6"). Up until Romo threw the int to Carpenter the Cowboys had scored on like the last 6 possessions. Even IF you assume they only get a FG out of those two drives then it's still a 20 point turnaround! 14 points FOR THE LIONS and 6 point taken off the board for the Cowboys............ Get it? And that doesn't even address the huge swing in momentum that those pick sixes gives the other team. The Lions were beat, dead and ready to be buried. Romo gave them new life and the entire Detroit team responded with some inspired play the entire 4th quarter. If Dallas simple runs the ball 3 times and punts for the entire 2nd half Dallas wins the game BIG! Detroit could not have come back in that game without the Romo mistakes!I know they were both returned, but both were on our side of the 50 and the first was on 3 and long.
ANd on the other statement Romo doesnt play defense so he isnt repsonsible for the 17 points that they gave up

buff4ever
11-14-2011, 04:32 PM
I know they were both returned, but both were on our side of the 50 and the first was on 3 and long.
ANd on the other statement Romo doesnt play defense so he isnt repsonsible for the 17 points that they gave up

The problem is he sometimes plays offense for the other team, which may as well be a miserable defense for the cowboys. Makes me bang my head against the wall and grab another beverage when he makes bone head mistakes. I do admit, I think his receivers not knowing the offense sometimes contribute to his problems, but is he not a part to blame for that. Does he not work with them so closely until he knows they know the read or the call. Film time and practice time should get players on same page. I have always wondered, if it is the receivers or romo on the wrong page, b/c it seems to happen more with romo than any other qb in the league that he and his receivers seem to be on different pages.

Macarthur
11-14-2011, 04:34 PM
I would take vick before romo believe it or not.

I think that is insane.

If you give Ryan the weapons Romo has, Ryan would be better than romo.

Ryan has Tony Gonzalez, Roddy White and Julio Jones!!!! Are you freaking kidding me?!!!!!!!!!!

You can't win this argument until romo proves me wrong, and I would love to be proved wrong this year, just don't see it. Garret is one of the few play callers that might can get romo through the rut he sometimes falls into, but he has failed at it in a few opportunities he was given. I wish we didn't have to call plays worried about a head case choake artist.

It's not about WINNING an argument. It's about having some common sense and making a reasonable point. You have yet to make a reasonable point.

buff4ever
11-14-2011, 04:38 PM
I think that is insane.

Ryan has Tony Gonzalez, Roddy White and Julio Jones!!!! Are you freaking kidding me?!!!!!!!!!!

It's not about WINNING an argument. It's about having some common sense and making a reasonable point. You have yet to make a reasonable point.

Romo hasn't put the cowboys in a position to do great things yet, and if he has, then he blew it himself by choking. The point is that he can't win the big games, and you can't prove that point wrong yet. Love the cowboys, don't think romo is our qb to win great games at next level.

ExScoop
11-14-2011, 04:40 PM
Wharton graduate Kellen Heard plays for the Bills. Went to A&M

Macarthur
11-14-2011, 04:44 PM
Romo hasn't put the cowboys in a position to do great things yet, and if he has, then he blew it himself by choking. The point is that he can't win the big games, and you can't prove that point wrong yet. Love the cowboys, don't think romo is our qb to win great games at next level.

But you never answered my point about the big games he has won. Or are you saying he has never won a big game?

And I noticed how you conveniently ignored your fail on the Matt Ryan point.

buff4ever
11-14-2011, 04:53 PM
But you never answered my point about the big games he has won. Or are you saying he has never won a big game?

And I noticed how you conveniently ignored your fail on the Matt Ryan point.

To me he hasn't won enought big games to speak of. I would say he has won what average teams in the league would consider 2 big games. Those big games didn't even get us anywhere. I would say that we have 2 weapons to match gonzales at this point in his career and roddy white; then I would say that our 4 is better than their 4. Then I would say that at times romo has stood behind a better line than ryan at times.

Do you eat once a week or month at some breakfast club with romo or something? Is he your neighbor and you worship him and his dogs, or what? Because romo has done nothing to deserve to be defended in the way that you defend him. Do you really feel that the cowboys can do GREAT things with Romo driving the bus? Let me turn the questions to you. If you are happy with average, then romo is a good qb for your team. America's team is expected to do great things. Do you think that if romo was the qb for the ravens or jaguars that we would even know his name. He would just be an AVERAGE qb for that team that isn't that good or has a great defense.

Macarthur
11-14-2011, 05:08 PM
To me he hasn't won enought big games to speak of. I would say he has won what average teams in the league would consider 2 big games. Those big games didn't even get us anywhere.

So tell me what Big games he should have won? Giants 2007? Vikings 2009?

I would say that we have 2 weapons to match gonzales at this point in his career and roddy white; then I would say that our 4 is better than their 4. Then I would say that at times romo has stood behind a better line than ryan at times.

Witten and Gonzalez are a wash. Roddy White's numbers are better than Austin. As much as I like Austin, Roddy White has put up huge numbers for 5 years now. I think Dez will be better than Julio Jones eventually, but they are about a wash. Who cares about a #4.

You point is just wrong. You said if Ryan had Romo's weapons, he would be BETTER. Ryan has arguably BETTER Weapons, PLUS he's had a much better running game than Romo since he came into the league.

Do you eat once a week or month at some breakfast club with romo or something? Is he your neighbor and you worship him and his dogs, or what? Because romo has done nothing to deserve to be defended in the way that you defend him. Do you really feel that the cowboys can do GREAT things with Romo driving the bus? Let me turn the questions to you. If you are happy with average, then romo is a good qb for your team. America's team is expected to do great things. Do you think that if romo was the qb for the ravens or jaguars that we would even know his name. He would just be an AVERAGE qb for that team that isn't that good or has a great defense.

Get over yourself. You're making silly arguments yet want to turn this onto me. I think Romo is somewhere in the top 7 to 12 QBs in the league. I think he has been a very good player for this team. I think he has been saddled with the worst Head Coach in team history in Wade Phillips. I think the failures this team has had went far deeper than the QB. He has made his fair share of mistakes, but he shoulders much more of the blame than he should.

What if Crayton makes just one of the catches in 07 when Romo made perfect passes in that playoff game? I think we are having a very different conversation about Tony Romo.

buff4ever
11-14-2011, 05:21 PM
So tell me what Big games he should have won? Giants 2007? Vikings 2009?

Witten and Gonzalez are a wash. Roddy White's numbers are better than Austin. As much as I like Austin, Roddy White has put up huge numbers for 5 years now. I think Dez will be better than Julio Jones eventually, but they are about a wash. Who cares about a #4.

You point is just wrong. You said if Ryan had Romo's weapons, he would be BETTER. Ryan has arguably BETTER Weapons, PLUS he's had a much better running game than Romo since he came into the league.

Get over yourself. You're making silly arguments yet want to turn this onto me. I think Romo is somewhere in the top 7 to 12 QBs in the league. I think he has been a very good player for this team. I think he has been saddled with the worst Head Coach in team history in Wade Phillips. I think the failures this team has had went far deeper than the QB. He has made his fair share of mistakes, but he shoulders much more of the blame than he should.

What if Crayton makes just one of the catches in 07 when Romo made perfect passes in that playoff game? I think we are having a very different conversation about Tony Romo.

The only conversation I care about is that I don't think Romo gets us to a ring. Okay? It is that simple. Rivers is better than romo and can't get them to a ring, romo won't get us to a ring. It takes either the best defense in the league times 2, or it takes a qb who can rise above. Romo is a good player for the cowboys, he is a good qb, but is that good enough for america's team. We haven't had a solid great qb since aikman, but we never had MUCH less than a solid great qb before aikman either. So romo is slightly more than carter or whatever other failed attempts the tuna tried; are cowboy fans like us suppose to accept that as great which is what we deserve? You have fallen into the well he is better than we have had category. We have also struggled at running back since smith. Everyone is the next one b/c he is slightly better than the last failed effort. I hope like you surely to that murray is the next great back for the cowboys. I can hope that romo is a great that will eventually get us what we want, I just don't feel it. Murray has a better shot right now in my book b/c he hasn't let us down like romo has.

Macarthur
11-14-2011, 05:38 PM
The only conversation I care about is that I don't think Romo gets us to a ring. Okay? It is that simple. Rivers is better than romo and can't get them to a ring, romo won't get us to a ring. It takes either the best defense in the league times 2, or it takes a qb who can rise above. Romo is a good player for the cowboys, he is a good qb, but is that good enough for america's team. We haven't had a solid great qb since aikman, but we never had MUCH less than a solid great qb before aikman either. So romo is slightly more than carter or whatever other failed attempts the tuna tried; are cowboy fans like us suppose to accept that as great which is what we deserve? You have fallen into the well he is better than we have had category. We have also struggled at running back since smith. Everyone is the next one b/c he is slightly better than the last failed effort. I hope like you surely to that murray is the next great back for the cowboys. I can hope that romo is a great that will eventually get us what we want, I just don't feel it. Murray has a better shot right now in my book b/c he hasn't let us down like romo has.

GReat! You've solved all our problems. We just need another Aikman or Staubach! Why didn't I think of that before?

buff4ever
11-15-2011, 11:37 AM
GReat! You've solved all our problems. We just need another Aikman or Staubach! Why didn't I think of that before?

Okay, how long do you give ROMO to choke or be average befoer you decide to build the cowboys around a different leader. I don't think he is good enough in tough situations to lead with his easy going chit eating grin style. I am glad he has fun out there, but he isn't good enough to just be having fun with the guys, he has to lead them better than he is. My point I guess is, do they commit to him and be happy with average and maybe a surprising win here and there, but never the big ones, or do we decide to make a move to get back to where we want to be in this league (AMERICA'S TEAM)?

Macarthur
11-15-2011, 11:58 AM
Okay, how long do you give ROMO to choke or be average befoer you decide to build the cowboys around a different leader.

This is where your thinking is misguided. Romo actually statistically chokes less than many of the high profile guys you would rather have. If you think he is average, you simply have a distorted view of what average means.

I don't think he is good enough in tough situations to lead with his easy going chit eating grin style.

Now, we get to the heart of it. It has nothing to do with him as a player. You just don't like his mannerisms and the way he carries himself. How about if he turned his hat around? Which he has done this year, BTW.

I am glad he has fun out there, but he isn't good enough to just be having fun with the guys, he has to lead them better than he is. My point I guess is, do they commit to him and be happy with average and maybe a surprising win here and there, but never the big ones, or do we decide to make a move to get back to where we want to be in this league (AMERICA'S TEAM)?

Who do we go get? Don't just be a cheap armchair fan and say 'Romo Sucks!' Tell me who you go get? Don't just bitch; let's hear solutions.

buff4ever
11-15-2011, 12:07 PM
Let Garret who was a qb pick him a young and upcoming star who he feels he can make the leader of this team, get him and let him learn under our average qb until he can take over. Kitna and Mcgee are not the future, and I don't think romo gets us there, so who is it luck? or someone else. Garret has to pick that guy for his offensive and leadership style. I think that Garret can take this team somewhere and can stay a while, let him have something to work with and build around. I don't think it is romo.

Remember, I want romo to prove me wrong, he is actually likeable. We want the same thing you and I, I just don't think we have in place what it takes to get that thing, but would love to be wrong.

SintonFan
11-15-2011, 12:08 PM
You know, I think the boys get on a big roll. I think the emergence of a running game has changed the entire complexion of this team. Quite frankly, this is the first time in his career that Romo has had a consistent running game for several games in a row.

I thought it was funny listening to Marshall Faulk on the NFL network yesterday. He's a noted Cowboy hater. Before the game he said Fitz is better than Romo. When Irvin told him Fitz has 6 TDs and 6 INTs in his last 3 games and Romo has 6 TDs and 1 INT in his last 3 games, Faulk said it's because Fitz is having to take more chances. Romo's INTs only went down because they are 'protecting' him with the run game.

So when the Cowboys didn't have a run game and the entire offense was on Romo's shoulders, it's his fault when he makes a mistake. When Fitz does it, it's because he's taking chances because he has to for them to win. Weird, huh? He also said that Fitz has a better group around him and he knows better where his WRs are going to be. Okay, then how come he has to take more chances? The two don't follow.

This is a perfect example of how the 'analysis' is extremely flawed and biased, especially as it relates to Romo.

I think the thing that helps is a dependable running game. Demarco is a legit threat with power and speed. The O line also has improved game by game. I think we can all agree that when Tony has time he can find someone to throw to.

You two hit the nail on the head. That running game is opening up passing lanes and taking some pressure off Romo allowing him to be more efficient.

Macarthur
11-15-2011, 01:04 PM
Let Garret who was a qb pick him a young and upcoming star who he feels he can make the leader of this team, get him and let him learn under our average qb until he can take over. Kitna and Mcgee are not the future, and I don't think romo gets us there, so who is it luck? or someone else. Garret has to pick that guy for his offensive and leadership style. I think that Garret can take this team somewhere and can stay a while, let him have something to work with and build around. I don't think it is romo.

Remember, I want romo to prove me wrong, he is actually likeable. We want the same thing you and I, I just don't think we have in place what it takes to get that thing, but would love to be wrong.

Hey, I'm all for finding someone better than Romo if that kid is out there.

I just have 2 issues with your primise:

1. that Romo is 'average'. I think your definition of average is distored and when I have brought up specific players, especially with regards to getting to the SB, you refuse to even entertain the idea that Romo could get us there. Let me ask you this? If Romo played for Pittsburg, instead of Ben, do you think he could have at least won one SB with Pitt? Conversely, if Ben played for Dallas, would the Cowboys have won a SB with Big Ben?

2. Above average QBs (by your definition) don't just grow on trees. I want you to name specific guys that you would rather have. And don't tell me Brady, Manning, Rodgers & Brees. Those guys are elite.

Macarthur
11-15-2011, 01:09 PM
Oh, and you mention Luck. Do you realize what it would take to move up and get him? Try to be realistic...

buff4ever
11-15-2011, 03:02 PM
Oh, and you mention Luck. Do you realize what it would take to move up and get him? Try to be realistic...

I would say that Ben is definitely better than romo yes. I think that Dallas deserves to have a quarterback in the better quarter of those in the league. I don't think romo makes that cut. It doesn't really matter who it is, needs to match garrett and be a leader that everyone will respond to a little better and take more serious.

Macarthur
11-15-2011, 03:08 PM
I would say that Ben is definitely better than romo yes.

That wasn't the question.

I think that Dallas deserves to have a quarterback in the better quarter of those in the league.

What do you mean by 'deserve'?

I don't think romo makes that cut. It doesn't really matter who it is, needs to match garrett and be a leader that everyone will respond to a little better and take more serious.

What does this mean? It's great to speak in vagaries, but what does this really mean?