PDA

View Full Version : They went for 2 and the win vs PAT and possible OT

LH Panther Mom
11-13-2011, 06:53 AM
TCU over Boise State

:thinking: :thinking: Hmmmmmmmmm...... ;)

Bullaholic
11-13-2011, 01:15 PM
Patterson said he did not like their chances against Boise in OT, so he went for 2.

LH Panther Mom
11-13-2011, 02:01 PM
Patterson said he did not like their chances against Boise in OT, so he went for 2.
I was reading the article this morning and saw that. Gutsy call! And because it worked, it was brilliant. If it hadn't, fans would be B&M about it for a whole year...or more.

Or maybe that's just LH fans. :p

Tin Cup
11-13-2011, 02:15 PM
I think it's always situational. If you are on the road and the underdog, I love the decision. If you have a young, inexperienced team going against an unbelievable QB like KM on the other team, I don't like my chances in overtime.

Tx Challenge
11-13-2011, 02:24 PM
I like going for the win in almost every situation. OT in football has a lot more to do with luck than anything. If you are not going to have a full kickoff, at least put the ball out of FG range to start.

OldNavy
11-13-2011, 02:57 PM
I think it's always situational. If you are on the road and the underdog, I love the decision. If you have a young, inexperienced team going against an unbelievable QB like KM on the other team, I don't like my chances in overtime.

An except for an errant field goal and Boise would have won that game anyway. It was justice though for the bad pass interferance call that set them up for the field goal try. Great, entertaining game and a big part of coaching is getting your team to execute, and TCU did.