PDA

View Full Version : Sweeny 35 Sinton 7 FINAL

Dogs_21
11-12-2011, 10:03 PM
35-7 Sweeny Final!

Saggy Aggie
11-12-2011, 10:08 PM
Think it's safe to say D 29 is underrated.

Don't forget West Columbia spanked sweeny and Wharton ;)

lbjacj
11-12-2011, 10:09 PM
Congrats Sweeny!

lbjacj
11-12-2011, 10:10 PM
Sinton sorry for your loss.I almost know what it feels like.

SintonFan
11-12-2011, 10:11 PM
Congratulations Bulldogs!!! Good luck the rest of the way!!! :):clap:

Sorry about the loss Pirates. I know you guys left everything out on the field. You seniors have played awesome and good luck in your future endeavors.
We are proud of ALL OF YOU!!! :clap:

You underclassmen will come back next year stronger and kick a$$!

Thank you for a wonderful season Mighty Pirates!!! :):):)

SintonFan
11-12-2011, 10:11 PM
sinton sorry for your loss.i almost know what it feels like.

lol :D

Tejastrue
11-12-2011, 10:21 PM
Sinton sorry for your loss.I almost know what it feels like.

No you di-nt...:D

yellaseeker
11-12-2011, 10:24 PM
Think it's safe to say D 29 is underrated.

Don't forget West Columbia spanked sweeny and Wharton ;)

I kinda like it that way. Doesn't matter as long as we know how good we are. If other teams don't expect us to be good and start out strong, it gives us a competitive edge. Plus, it makes these boys want to go out and get some respect when they hit the field.

warhorsejoe
11-13-2011, 05:18 AM

Sorry about the loss Pirates. I know you guys left everything out on the field. You seniors have played awesome and good luck in your future endeavors.

Thank you for a wonderful season Mighty Pirates!!! :):):)

:clap:

COBRAFOOTBALL
11-13-2011, 08:06 AM

Thank you for a wonderful season Mighty Pirates!!! :):):):iagree:

jason
11-13-2011, 08:08 AM
well, that hoses region 4 in my coin flip bracket...

Ranger354
11-13-2011, 09:31 AM
Good Game.... Sinton came out flat and Sweeny made the plays. That is how the football bounces sometimes. Good luck Sweeny.

Sweetwater Red
11-13-2011, 10:05 AM
well, that hoses region 4 in my coin flip bracket...

Region 4 bracket? I had Sinton beating Gilmer in the SC game.

SHSBulldog00
11-13-2011, 10:06 AM
I would like to Congratulate The Sinton Pirates and their fans on a great season. Pirate Nation was in force last night in Victoria. You have a good team that plays with a ton of pride and respect for their opponents. Sinton is faster than some of my fellow D29 posters may admit. Turnovers last night were the difference. It was a great atmosphere last night. I enjoyed meeting Phil C, SFIA and Rita(again):wave:

sinfan75
11-13-2011, 10:57 AM
On a brighter note Sinton will be loaded for the next 4 years. Lots of good players comin up through the ranks.

LH Panther Mom
11-13-2011, 10:59 AM
Region 4 bracket? I had Sinton beating Gilmer in the SC game.
I guess you'll have to jump on the A-train Purple bandwagon, then! ;)

pirate4state
11-13-2011, 01:20 PM
First, congrats go out to the Sweeny Bulldogs. Yall were everything I expected yall to be: BIG & FAST!! Good luck in the next few rounds.

Sinton did not come out flat. I don't ever get why people just can't come out and say WE GOT BEAT! We moved the ball on our opening drive and stalled at their 20. We looked good. Then Sweeny did the same and they missed their attempt at the FG, we may have even gotten a hand on the ball. It looked like a heavy weight boxing match in the 1st qtr and then we flinched in the 2nd qtr and gave up the ball in back to back possessions. I thought we might go in down by a touch, but we didn't. When we forced a punt on their opening possession coming out of half time I thought we would be okay if we could just score. That didn't happen and we couldn't stop them. Sweeny was just better than us last night.

Overall I am pleased with our effort and the season we had. If that was our "rebuilding" year -- I'll take it and anxiously await next year!!! :clap:

Good luck to our seniors. We graduate 24; 10-12 of them were starters and/or rotated in.

It was nice to visit with SHSBulldogs, PhilC, SfiA and Mr. RS at half-time.

SHSBulldog00
11-13-2011, 04:04 PM
First, congrats go out to the Sweeny Bulldogs. Yall were everything I expected yall to be: BIG & FAST!! Good luck in the next few rounds.

Sinton did not come out flat. I don't ever get why people just can't come out and say WE GOT BEAT! We moved the ball on our opening drive and stalled at their 20. We looked good. Then Sweeny did the same and they missed their attempt at the FG, we may have even gotten a hand on the ball. It looked like a heavy weight boxing match in the 1st qtr and then we flinched in the 2nd qtr and gave up the ball in back to back possessions. I thought we might go in down by a touch, but we didn't. When we forced a punt on their opening possession coming out of half time I thought we would be okay if we could just score. That didn't happen and we couldn't stop them. Sweeny was just better than us last night.

Overall I am pleased with our effort and the season we had. If that was our "rebuilding" year -- I'll take it and anxiously await next year!!! :clap:

Good luck to our seniors. We graduate 24; 10-12 of them were starters and/or rotated in.

Hope ya'll will come out to the stadium and cheer for US Saturday in Sinton.

Lucky2Coach
11-13-2011, 06:46 PM

This post is great description of the game. Sinton nation has my complete respect. Great program, great fans!!!

Ranger354
11-14-2011, 12:07 PM
When Sinton played their normal offensive set they have played all season they looked flat. The first drive was strictly in the Wildcat set (Not Their Normal Set) and it was working great. When I said Flat I was NOT trying to upset anyone or hurt feelings. Both teams played their hearts out and Sweeny came out victor. Hats off to Sweeny and hats off to a group of Sinton boys that most "outside of Sinton" counted out in the Preseason talk. But once again these young men stepped up and took care of district. A group of young men that went above and beyond more then once.

But thats just my opinion....

SintonPirateFan
11-15-2011, 12:13 PM
the Sinton boys came out with their normal giant hearts....just came up against a bigger, faster team. i really hate the way the playoffs are set up for our region, once again i think the winners from D-29 will have a much easier go of it for the next 2 or 3 weeks.

i was very impressed with the crowd we brought to the game, great sendoff for a great group of seniors, and a great learning experience for the MAJORITY of our starters who will be back for 2-3 years. look out.

Good luck to sweeny in the rest of the playoffs, i have a feeling you will have your weekends planned until december and then some.

the Sinton stadium/field is definitely getting some big name use this week......Refugio plays Rivera thursday, Calallen/Beeville on friday, Sweeny saturday.