PDA

View Full Version : What if...

carter08
11-12-2011, 08:11 PM
What if LSU ends up only beating Western Kentucky by 3-7 points tonight, and Alabama's mistakes cause them to lose to Mississipi State, while Stanford gets it going and dominates Oregon (and OK State has already destroyed Tech today). Is there any possibility that either Oklahoma State or Stanford jump over LSU in this scenario.

carter08
11-12-2011, 08:14 PM
This thread is going to look dumb in retrospect when none of the things I said happen.

Saggy Aggie
11-12-2011, 11:38 PM
ttt for you Carter

carter08
11-14-2011, 12:32 AM
everything I said was wrong

Saggy Aggie
11-14-2011, 01:02 AM
Lol that was Why I tttd it

msu97
11-14-2011, 09:37 AM
doesn't matter, ESPN, urr, I mean the BCS is pushing for an Alabama/LSU snore fest, I mean rematch. I have never rooted for an Oklahoma team but I am now pulling for Okie State. ESPN, urr the BCS, wants everyone to believe that bad qb play and lack of offense is what people want to see in the national title game,ie Bama v LSU again. Bama struggled against that might Mississippi State team, with their great 3 qb system. I will vomit if Alabama gets another shot at LSU... if you do not win your conference, you should not be allowed to play for the national title, period. I am not even sure that Oregon should get a shot.

Txbroadcaster
11-14-2011, 09:39 AM
doesn't matter, ESPN, urr, I mean the BCS is pushing for an Alabama/LSU snore fest, I mean rematch. I have never rooted for an Oklahoma team but I am now pulling for Okie State. ESPN, urr the BCS, wants everyone to believe that bad qb play and lack of offense is what people want to see in the national title game,ie Bama v LSU again. Bama struggled against that might Mississippi State team, with their great 3 qb system. I will vomit if Alabama gets another shot at LSU... if you do not win your conference, you should not be allowed to play for the national title, period. I am not even sure that Oregon should get a shot.

Why would ESPN push for anything? Fox has the BCS games

Farmersfan
11-14-2011, 09:46 AM
And do you think Okie State would score more against LSU or Bama than those teams scored against each other? I doubt it!

msu97
11-14-2011, 11:03 AM
they would push so they can have teh playoff system that they are shooting for... eventhough in their roundtable discussion the majority of the coaches were against, as they were against paying players...

and yes, I do believe Okie State would put up more than 15 points against LSU... and Alabama... How many did Oregon put up against LSU? and now Oregon is alot better offensively than they were then... Okie State is better offensively than Oregon, but Oregon is better on Defense than Okie State... and LSU scored quite a bit on them...

Daddy D 11
11-14-2011, 12:19 PM
What you are saying is Okie Lite is better offensively...but would still lose by a few touchdowns to LSU???

So why not let a team that is neck and neck across the board with LSU (Bama) play in the title game?

The BCS's entire premise is based on pitting the BEST TWO TEAMS in the country against one another. They (the BCS) have said it a million times. Since that is the case, and i'm not saying it's right, but it is the case... then Bama playing LSU again granted that both teams win out is 100% justified, logical and plausible by the BCS'S standards.