PDA

View Full Version : Coldspring/Bridge City

Saggy Aggie
11-12-2011, 03:12 PM
in mont belvieu or WOS/Cleveland in Baytown. Baytown is a little closer, but I'm thinking ill be heading over to Barbers Hill to watch the Trojans.

sahen
11-12-2011, 06:05 PM
the difference between barber's hill and stallworth is pretty much negligible...go to the one you want to see most...

lbjacj
11-12-2011, 06:20 PM
the difference between barber's hill and stallworth is pretty much negligible...go to the one you want to see most...

listen here....
http://www.kogt.com/kogt_sports.htm

Tejastrue
11-12-2011, 07:23 PM
BC is making a game of it so far 7-0 CS..mid 2nd

wimbo_pro
11-12-2011, 07:25 PM
Calling on TrojanDad!!! Hello????

Saggy Aggie
11-12-2011, 07:30 PM
Bc defense is not bad at all. Gilbert broke one long run but other than that cs has been getting stuffed

Tejastrue
11-12-2011, 07:38 PM
Halftime still 7-0 CS
Good defensive battle..

Tejastrue
11-12-2011, 08:25 PM
Wow..still 7-0 starting the 4th..

warhorsejoe
11-12-2011, 08:28 PM
Wow..still 7-0 starting the 4th..

wow :eek:

lbjacj
11-12-2011, 08:36 PM
wow :eek:

gilbert interception!! returns to mid field

Tejastrue
11-12-2011, 08:41 PM
Less than 4 minutes to go..CS driving inside BC 20

lbjacj
11-12-2011, 08:42 PM
Less than 4 minutes to go..CS driving inside BC 20

big 4th down stop by bridge city
Coldspring intercepts on 1st play on bridge city 17 2:50 left

warhorsejoe
11-12-2011, 08:46 PM
:1popcorn:

lbjacj
11-12-2011, 08:47 PM
Trojans miss 28 yd field goal

80 yards to go for bridge city trailing 7-0
1:50 left

warhorsejoe
11-12-2011, 08:50 PM
Let's go cardinals!!!

COBRAFOOTBALL
11-12-2011, 08:51 PM
Turn out the lights... its final... CS wins 7-0

lbjacj
11-12-2011, 08:51 PM
Trojans win 7-0 WOW

Tejastrue
11-12-2011, 08:52 PM
When BC lost their starting QB that was it....

lbjacj
11-12-2011, 08:52 PM
Just goes to show...On any given night!

Roughneck93
11-12-2011, 08:53 PM
Man, what a game!

lbjacj
11-12-2011, 08:54 PM
Trojans were favored by 21.

wimbo_pro
11-12-2011, 08:56 PM
I want to hear what TrojanDad has to say!!!

Saggy Aggie
11-12-2011, 09:02 PM
I was there. Both teams have good defenses. Both offenses sucked. I'll have a big write up when I get home.

Tejastrue
11-12-2011, 09:03 PM
I was there. Both teams have good defenses. Both offenses sucked. I'll have a big write up when I get home.

We'll be waiting...

lbjacj
11-12-2011, 09:04 PM

Heard the Trojans Monroe was taken off on a stretcher. How was he hurt and how bad?

Saggy Aggie
11-12-2011, 09:06 PM
Heard the Trojans Monroe was taken off on a stretcher. How was he hurt and how bad? what? I never saw that??

lbjacj
11-12-2011, 09:11 PM
what? I never saw that??

The announcers said he was sitting up on the stretcher on the sideline as they wheeled him to the ambulance.

Saggy Aggie
11-12-2011, 09:14 PM
Idk. I know there was never any extended stoppage and i didn't see any serious injuries, but I was also busy trying to get updates on the tamu/ksu game that went to 4 ots and also getting updates from our rival Sweenys playoff game.

Tejastrue
11-12-2011, 09:17 PM
The announcers said he was sitting up on the stretcher on the sideline as they wheeled him to the ambulance.

The last I heard the announcers say was that they took him to the hospital but then was brought back to the stadium..no status...all this is subject to 2nd hand info...

Saggy Aggie
11-12-2011, 09:19 PM
I guess. The whole stretched incident must've occurred on the sideline because it definitely wasnt on the field.

Tejastrue
11-12-2011, 09:37 PM
I guess. The whole stretched incident must've occurred on the sideline because it definitely wasn't on the field.

Their reaction was just as yours..they never saw anyone carried off the playing field...:confused:

Saggy Aggie
11-12-2011, 09:49 PM
Yeah I'm confused. Even if I was busy texting updates or checking scores I think I would've noticed someone being taken to the hospital but I guess not

Manso/V8
11-12-2011, 10:12 PM
Stats from chron.com Boxscore

BC-Total yds 128, FD's 7, Rushes/yds 25/76, Avg rush 3.04, Comp/Atts 6/15/3, Pass yds 52, Comp% 40, Punts/yds 4/166, Fumbles/Lost 1/1
CS-Total yds 304, FD's 12, Rushes/yds 50/277, Avg rush 5.54 Comp/Atts 3/7/0, Pass yds 27, Comp% 43, Punts/yds 5/122, Fumbles/Lost 2/0

rhino1877
11-12-2011, 10:56 PM
I saw the stretcher with the athlete but did not see anything happen. Not too sure on it.....

HEMOTOXIC
11-12-2011, 10:57 PM
Coldspring better be careful.

Defensively, the Trojans are very fast and are pretty salty. Yes, I am using the word salty because the defense is what won this game for the Trojans. On the offense, the Trojans seem to be missing something as they struggled on many occasions. Hats off to Bridge City defense as they held the Trjoans in check by pretty much stacking 9 men in the box. The Cards came ready to play but Coldspring's defense was just too much. Everytime BC seemed to be getting something going, the Trojans defense stepped it up with interceptions, sacks, etc.

Questionable calls: On the 4th and goal from the three, the Trojans elected to go for the td instead of taking the three points. There was another instance where the Trojans could have gone for the fg but opted to try to convert on the 4th down. Both times they were unsucessful. IMO, it's the playoffs and points were hard to come by tonight. Take them when you can!! There were many unhappy Trojans fans sitting around me wondering why they didn't try for the 3 points.

HEMOTOXIC
11-12-2011, 11:01 PM
I guess. The whole stretched incident must've occurred on the sideline because it definitely wasnt on the field.

They must have alerted the EMS at half time. As the second half was getting underway, he was being placed on the stretcher. Some fans behind me said that he was injured in the first quarter. Other than that, I didn't see how he was injured....

Saggy Aggie
11-12-2011, 11:03 PM
Stats from chron.com Boxscore

BC-Total yds 128, FD's 7, Rushes/yds 25/76, Avg rush 3.04, Comp/Atts 6/15/3, Pass yds 52, Comp% 40, Punts/yds 4/166, Fumbles/Lost 1/1
CS-Total yds 304, FD's 12, Rushes/yds 50/277, Avg rush 5.54 Comp/Atts 3/7/0, Pass yds 27, Comp% 43, Punts/yds 5/122, Fumbles/Lost 2/0 Coldspring had 300 yards total, but dont forget 76 of that was one play on the gilbert TD.

Both teams pretty evenly matched i think. I dont know what was said about the BC QB going out? never saw that?

Colspring was able to gain a few first downs here and there but could never sustain anything. They got denied on 4th down attempts AT LEAST 4 times in this game, maybe more. 3 times Coldspring took over because of turnovers deep inside BC territory, and on those 3 possesions, they managed 1 first down and 0 points. They kept going for it on 4th down because their kicker is awful. The one fg they tried for 28 yards was not even close and every time they tried on 4th down, BC run defense stuffed them. BC was big upfront and REALLY held Coldspring offense in check.

Sure the trojans averaged 5 yards a carry, but they also had the 76 yard run and a few other big runs to really skew that. BC pushed their offensive line around.

That said, Coldsprings defense is nasty. They COMPLETELY dominated BC's offense from start to finish. BC qb was a playmaker and scrounged up about 100 yards running/throwing but man the trojans D is stingy. No matter how many times BC stopped Coldspring, the whole stadium knew it was pointless because it was likely they wouldnt even get a first down, much less a TD. BC had a couple chances to maybe score but both times had KEY DROPS on 3rd down that hit the receivers right in the hands. BCs best drive of the night ended on down when they turned the ball over on 4th and 13 while coming up a football length short on a qb scramble. the very next play, Gilbert found a crease and streaked down the sideline for a 76 yard td, the only score of the night. We couldve stayed there til midnight though and BC wouldve never got that close to the endzone again.

I'll give credit where credit is due, and thats the Coldspring defense. They're bad news for opposing offenses.

But I keep it real too. And here's the hoenst part: their offense sucks.

BC has a good D, but there are MUCH better defenses out there. I really came away unimpressed with the trojans as a whole, and im not the only one. Any of you who have met me, have probably met my grandpa too because he goes to nearly every game with me.

His opinion was that Coldspring defense is good, but they're not going anywhere. He said he doesnt even think Coldspring could beat Wharton and he said WC would kill them. I'm not THAT bold, but maybe i just caught em on a bad night, but Id bet my school tuiton that CS doesnt win state, and if they do, d2 must be REALLY weak. I'm fairly certain if they played in D1, they wouldnt get out of region 3. LV and Navasota have WAY too much offense and more defense than BC.

CS gets Bellville next, i believe, and it honestly wouldnt surprise me at all if the Brahmas win. sorry Trojandad. ;) not trying to be mean or hate, just being honest.

rhino1877
11-12-2011, 11:03 PM
Did you see the field goal attempt? That may be why they opted for trying to score the touchdown.

HEMOTOXIC
11-12-2011, 11:05 PM
Did you see the field goal attempt? That may be why they opted for trying to score the touchdown.

Well, this was my first time seeing the Trojans. So, whether the kicker can make a chip shot, IDK. The fans seem to think that it was makable.

Also, the 4th and goal from the 3 was nothing more than and extra point try.

regaleagle
11-12-2011, 11:06 PM
I am in total agreement with that thought process. Points on the board are that many more points your opposition has to overcome. You only need to win by one.

HEMOTOXIC
11-12-2011, 11:07 PM
Coldspring had 300 yards total, but dont forget 76 of that was one play on the gilbert TD.

Both teams pretty evenly matched i think. I dont know what was said about the BC QB going out? never saw that?

Colspring was able to gain a few first downs here and there but could never sustain anything. They got denied on 4th down attempts AT LEAST 4 times in this game, maybe more. 3 times Coldspring took over because of turnovers deep inside BC territory, and on those 3 possesions, they managed 1 first down and 0 points. They kept going for it on 4th down because their kicker is awful. The one fg they tried for 28 yards was not even close and every time they tried on 4th down, BC run defense stuffed them. BC was big upfront and REALLY held Coldspring offense in check.

Sure the trojans averaged 5 yards a carry, but they also had the 76 yard run and a few other big runs to really skew that. BC pushed their offensive line around.

That said, Coldsprings defense is nasty. They COMPLETELY dominated BC's offense from start to finish. BC qb was a playmaker and scrounged up about 100 yards running/throwing but man the trojans D is stingy. No matter how many times BC stopped Coldspring, the whole stadium knew it was pointless because it was likely they wouldnt even get a first down, much less a TD. BC had a couple chances to maybe score but both times had KEY DROPS on 3rd down that hit the receivers right in the hands. BCs best drive of the night ended on down when they turned the ball over on 4th and 13 while coming up a football length short on a qb scramble. the very next play, Gilbert found a crease and streaked down the sideline for a 76 yard td, the only score of the night. We couldve stayed there til midnight though and BC wouldve never got that close to the endzone again.

I'll give credit where credit is due, and thats the Coldspring defense. They're bad news for opposing offenses.

But I keep it real too. And here's the hoenst part: their offense sucks.

BC has a good D, but there are MUCH better defenses out there. I really came away unimpressed with the trojans as a whole, and im not the only one. Any of you who have met me, have probably met my grandpa too because he goes to nearly every game with me.

His opinion was that Coldspring defense is good, but theyre not going anywhere. He said he doesnt even think Coldspring could beat Wharton and he said WC would kill them. I'm not THAT bold, but maybe i just caught em on a bad night, but Id bet my school tuiton that CS doesnt win state, and if they do, do must be REALLY weak. I'm fairly certain if they played in D1, they wouldnt get out of region 3. LV and Navasota have WAY too much offense and more defense than BC.

CS gets Bellville next i believe and it honestly wouldnt surprise me at all if the Brahmas win. sorry Trojandad. ;) not trying to be mean or hate, just being honest.

:iagree:

Manso/V8
11-13-2011, 12:07 AM
Wow.

1st and goal
11-13-2011, 07:04 AM
I'm worried about Trojandad. Anyone have any info on him? Is he OK?

Sportshack
11-13-2011, 07:48 AM
Well, this was my first time seeing the Trojans. So, whether the kicker can make a chip shot, IDK. The fans seem to think that it was makable.

Also, the 4th and goal from the 3 was nothing more than and extra point try.

They kicked a PAT this year. They did not even bother with it last year. Always went for 2 and got it a lot. So I guess their kicking game has improved.

HEMOTOXIC
11-13-2011, 09:01 AM
They kicked a PAT this year. They did not even bother with it last year. Always went for 2 and got it a lot. So I guess their kicking game has improved.

Yeah, I know. It has improved.

lbjacj
11-13-2011, 09:47 AM
I'm worried about Trojandad. Anyone have any info on him? Is he OK?

I was wondering about him too?

Saggy Aggie
11-13-2011, 10:10 AM
I'm worried about Trojandad. Anyone have any info on him? Is he OK? He's okay. I saw him a few days ago and talked to him yesterday. He's away from DL for personal reasons but will be back after some time. That's all Ill say.

Bull's-eye
11-13-2011, 10:31 AM

I went back & looked at their stats. I didn't see any made FG's & there were several missed extra points. Once they missed an extra point, they would usually go for two. When they missed the 28 yard fG, was distance the problem? I see where they made the extra point, that comes out to about a 20 yd fg. How was that kick?

lbjacj
11-13-2011, 03:25 PM
I went back & looked at their stats. I didn't see any made FG's & there were several missed extra points. Once they missed an extra point, they would usually go for two. When they missed the 28 yard fG, was distance the problem? I see where they made the extra point, that comes out to about a 20 yd fg. How was that kick?

Game recap....

http://www.yourhoustonnews.com/gridiron/recaps/coldspring-defense-shuts-out-bridge-city-in-first-round/article_71b93356-f06c-5fe1-b654-d529a96ba808.html

WOS1
11-14-2011, 05:29 PM
Menard (the BC QB) seriously injured his shoulder in the 2nd qtr on a run. He is the back bone of the BC offense. I think they score, at least, a TD or two if he doesn't get hurt, but that's part of the game. Gotta give it to the CS defense for playing physical.