PDA

View Full Version : Lampasas vs La Vernia

holcomb2012
11-12-2011, 02:01 PM
Who ya got?

lbjacj
11-12-2011, 02:12 PM
Who ya got?

I think La Vernia will give them a game but I see Lampasas winning a close one most likely.

Gontex
11-12-2011, 02:16 PM
I think La Vernia will give them a game but I see Lampasas winning a close one most likely.

Put me down for LaVernia. Bears are playing extremely well right now. Playing good d and their o is clicking.

lbjacj
11-12-2011, 02:20 PM
Put me down for LaVernia. Bears are playing extremely well right now. Playing good d and their o is clicking.
I hope you are right. I will be rooting for the Bears but after last night I have more respect for their district! Taylor scored 50 on Lampasas and lost 58-50! Liberty Hill dominated Navarro too.

YTBulldogs
11-12-2011, 02:22 PM
Hopefully the Bears will not be forced to pass? Vince Gill struggles in that department. Grubb will provide enough in running game in a tight one, 17-14 Bears.

Papá Oso
11-12-2011, 03:11 PM
Game is Friday night in Dripping Springs. Have not had time to study Lampasas very close yet but I can tell you that LV's defense is clicking on all cylinders right now. Shut outs in 3 of their last 4 games and the only points given up over that stretch were 14 to Gonzales at their place. The team has come a long way since the beginning of the year and hopefully now is when those tough non district test pay some dividends. I agree if we have to pass to win it could be a long night but with the way the offensive line is opening up holes and the big play ability of Grubb I like our chances. I'll hold off on a prediction until a little later in the week.

PO

Sportshack
11-12-2011, 03:31 PM
Hard to know for sure...but I have suspicion that La Vernia gets worked in this game. I probably just want to believe that Lampasas is really good because Taylor played them close and also played Texans close. Us fans hold on to whatever we can.

Bears did not have much offensive punch earlier this year. Their defense has come on since losing to a poor Cuero team. Lampasas has had a pretty steady year and has won against some decent competition. However, La Vernia could be peaking at right time. Without having seen either team lately, one would have to favor the Badgers in this game if being objective. However, La Vernia might match up well against a smash mouth slot T type team...maybe fans no best about their own team. Badgers win easily based on what I know, which is not much.

YTBulldogs
11-12-2011, 03:35 PM
Hard to know for sure...but I have suspicion that La Vernia gets worked in this game. I probably just want to believe that Lampasas is really good because Taylor played them close. Bears did not have much offensive punch earlier this year.

Grubb is all they got. Now, they're defense is carrying this team for sure. Lampasas will put 9 in the box I predict and stop Grubb.

Blue42
11-12-2011, 05:15 PM
I’ll go with our District Bears as I do not know much about the Badgers looks like Da Bears are getting stronger as the season progresses that is what happens when coaches make changes to improve their team. Cuero could learn from this .

YTBulldogs
11-12-2011, 05:20 PM
I’ll go with our District Bears as I do not know much about the Badgers looks like Da Bears are getting stronger as the season progresses that is what happens when coaches make changes to improve their team. Cuero could learn from this .

No sure LV has made any changes Blue42. It's still Grubb right, left and up the middle with Gill keeping it a few times himself. But, their young kid's have improved each week, like Bo was hoping would happen. And, the defense has stepped up big time.

Blue42
11-12-2011, 05:32 PM
Yes YTB I just wanted to throw in a little pun to reinforce my displeasure with the Cuero leadership and I really miss not being in the playoffs.

YTBulldogs
11-12-2011, 05:36 PM
Yes YTB I just wanted to throw in a little pun to reinforce my displeasure with the Cuero leadership and I really miss not being in the playoffs.

I hear ya Blue. Must admit, it's odd not seeing ya'll there too. Spoke to a few Gobbler backers last night at the S'Burg game in Victoria, and they told me a coaches change is forthcoming, but--Owens just don't know it yet. What's up with that?

Papá Oso
11-12-2011, 10:28 PM
Now hearing the game has been moved to Round Rock :crazy:. What happened to meeting in the middle for these games?

PO

YTBulldogs
11-12-2011, 10:29 PM
Now hearing the game has been moved to Round Rock :crazy:. What happened to meeting in the middle for these games?

PO

RR, very sweet stadium. If it's the one with that neat replay system.

LHPfactory
11-13-2011, 07:48 AM
Lampasas rolls LV

LV_Bearfan
11-14-2011, 01:08 PM
Lampasas rolls LV
LV Bears defense will limit Lampasas to their low point total for the year. Will that be enough to win? Perhaps.

holcomb2012
11-14-2011, 01:56 PM
LV Bears defense will limit Lampasas to their low point total for the year. Will that be enough to win? Perhaps.

Lampasas low point total is 13 points in a loss against Leander Rouse. You think it will be less than that?

Purple Rain
11-14-2011, 01:57 PM
Lampasas wins this one

YTBulldogs
11-14-2011, 02:18 PM
Lampasas low point total is 13 points in a loss against Leander Rouse. You think it will be less than that?

Very likely. But, I think you can hold them to just as many as well.

LV_Bearfan
11-14-2011, 08:27 PM

Yep. I could be wrong, but it's not a totally unfounded prediction.

LHPfactory
11-14-2011, 08:30 PM
Yep. I could be wrong, but it's not a totally unfounded prediction.

You are wrong, Lampasas will score at least 4 tds :)

LV_Bearfan
11-14-2011, 08:48 PM
You are wrong, Lampasas will score at least 4 tds :)

Possible, but not likely.

LH Panther Mom
11-14-2011, 10:23 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8BUHf3tY9JI

Purple Rain
11-15-2011, 08:44 AM

I need deprogramming after watching that vid:eek:

BLEEDZGREEN
11-15-2011, 08:51 AM
Now this video & song will be stuck in my head! UGGGGG! :)

Purple Rain
11-15-2011, 09:10 AM
Now this video & song will be stuck in my head! UGGGGG! :)

Bleedz, who is the team in black/yellow in your signature pic?

BLEEDZGREEN
11-15-2011, 09:14 AM
Bleedz, who is the team in black/yellow in your signature pic?

That would be Gatesville.

Gontex
11-15-2011, 09:17 AM
I hope you are right. I will be rooting for the Bears but after last night I have more respect for their district! Taylor scored 50 on Lampasas and lost 58-50! Liberty Hill dominated Navarro too.

That one is easy. There is no "d" in Lampasas. LOL

greendawg84
11-15-2011, 09:56 AM
That one is easy. There is no "d" in Lampasas. LOL

There aint no O in Lampasas either but they have plenty of it. Lampasas will move to the next round!

panfan
11-15-2011, 11:08 AM

So Mom, are you implying that Badgers will win due to slipping bears a mushroom mickey causing them to see multiple Badgers and maybe a snake? I'll keep watching this til I find that hidden meaning. Ha! GO BADGERS -

YTBulldogs
11-15-2011, 03:41 PM
Harris spread: Lampasas by 11.

Don't see LV giving up 11 points.

greendawg84
11-15-2011, 04:02 PM

I will take that bet ! #9 will score 12 or more !

buff4ever
11-15-2011, 04:02 PM
I need deprogramming after watching that vid:eek:

that is the worst video I have ever watched on the internet.

warhorsejoe
11-15-2011, 05:06 PM
La Vernia D is underestimated. They came together at the right time. I see LV stopping Lampasas. My prediction will be.

LV 17
Lampasa 14

LHPfactory
11-15-2011, 05:09 PM

LV gave up a bunch of points against decent to very good teams this season. Cuero put 22 points on LV and won, Hate to break it to you but Lampasas's Offense has a whole lot more fire power than Cuero or Canyon Lake. I see Lampasas puting up at least 30-40 points.

LHPfactory
11-15-2011, 05:12 PM
La Vernia D is underestimated. They came together at the right time. I see LV stopping Lampasas. My prediction will be.

LV 17
Lampasa 14

right after they finished playing strong teams...............:stirpot:

Purple Rain
11-15-2011, 05:14 PM
Lampasas has good size and decent speed. They are physical and have multiple weapons on offense, making it difficult for anyone to hold them to just 14 points.

Sportshack
11-15-2011, 07:54 PM
right after they finished playing strong teams...............:stirpot:

:thumbsup: I likey!!! well done!:)

LH Panther Mom
11-15-2011, 08:12 PM
that is the worst video I have ever watched on the internet.
Yeah, it's pretty bad. :D

LV_Bearfan
11-15-2011, 08:20 PM
LV gave up a bunch of points against decent to very good teams this season. Cuero put 22 points on LV and won, Hate to break it to you but Lampasas's Offense has a whole lot more fire power than Cuero or Canyon Lake. I see Lampasas puting up at least 30-40 points.

The Cuero comparison doesn't hold water. Later in the season LV beats Sam Houston 3-0. The very next week, Sam Houston beats Cuero by 30 with a playoff birth on the line. LV loses to GZ 14-9. The next week GZ beats Cuero 28-0.

LV_Bearfan
11-15-2011, 08:31 PM
Lampasas has good size and decent speed. They are physical and have multiple weapons on offense, making it difficult for anyone to hold them to just 14 points.

Making it all the more impressive if they do it.

Purple Rain
11-15-2011, 08:35 PM
Making it all the more impressive if they do it.

Key word being "IF"

skins4life
11-15-2011, 08:59 PM

Must be a little "Lam Jones" on offense along with a little Gary Milligan on defense.

fire_it_up
11-15-2011, 09:08 PM
The Cuero comparison doesn't hold water. Later in the season LV beats Sam Houston 3-0. The very next week, Sam Houston beats Cuero by 30 with a playoff birth on the line. LV loses to GZ 14-9. The next week GZ beats Cuero 28-0.

I have to agree. The LV team that played Gonzales was a much better team than the one that played Cuero. They were pretty physical up front. I see them holding on and beating Lampasas but by a slim margin. I really don't know anything about Lampasas but I have seen LaVernia play and they are legit.

BearBacker
11-15-2011, 11:00 PM
The La Vernia defense and coaches have gotten much better since Cuero. Actually, the second half of the Cuero game was when we started playing much better. The coaches will have the defense ready to do a good job against the Lampasas offense. Our offense doesn't have the ability to score lots of points, but the defense will keep the Bears in the game to the end and it will be anybodies game at that point.

Sportshack
11-15-2011, 11:47 PM
The La Vernia defense and coaches have gotten much better since Cuero. Actually, the second half of the Cuero game was when we started playing much better. The coaches will have the defense ready to do a good job against the Lampasas offense. Our offense doesn't have the ability to score lots of points, but the defense will keep the Bears in the game to the end and it will be anybodies game at that point.

Sounds like an amazing turn around from earlier in year. I guess the learning curve kicked in.

BearBacker
11-16-2011, 07:05 AM
On our best day, we would not beat you guys on your worst day, but we are a much better team now than we were when we played Wimberley.

ogg
11-16-2011, 11:06 AM
Lampasas by 28.

LV_Bearfan
11-17-2011, 04:16 AM
This is the first time a La Vernia-related thread has had any life, and this could be the last week, so here you go.

"Bears will win because Gonzales is better than Wimberley, and D28 is the balls and sack of Region IV. Bears will bring something Limpasses haven't seen all year and win by 2 TDs."

LHPfactory
11-17-2011, 07:16 AM
This is the first time a La Vernia-related thread has had any life, and this could be the last week, so here you go.

"Bears will win because Gonzales is better than Wimberley, and D28 is the balls and sack of Region IV. Bears will bring something Limpasses haven't seen all year and win by 2 TDs."

D28's Castration is scheduled for this friday 11/18/11 at 7:30pm in Round Rock ..... :1popcorn:

BearFan1
11-17-2011, 08:20 AM
Grubb and LV's offense will take care of business. And if LV's defense is clicking, I think lampasas will be sitting at home next week.

YTBulldogs
11-17-2011, 08:33 AM
Grubb and LV's offense will take care of business. And if LV's defense is clicking, I think lampasas will be sitting at home next week.

Grubb always seems to break a long one. This will be a tuffy, but-- he'll break free a time or two. Bear "D" is what motors this team though.

Gill just needs to protect the ball and let the "D" create scoring chances IMO.

LH_Tuff
11-17-2011, 08:50 AM
I'm picking Lampasas in this one. They have something special going on this year. 35-24.

BearFan1
11-17-2011, 09:17 AM
District 28 FTW

YTBulldogs
11-17-2011, 09:29 AM
I'm picking Lampasas in this one. They have something special going on this year. 35-24.

You might be right in who wins, but no way either team scores over 20. I'll say LV 14-10, 17-14 type score.

LHPfactory
11-17-2011, 09:32 AM
You might be right in who wins, but no way either team scores over 20. I'll say LV 14-10, 17-14 type score.

LV will have a hard time keeping a 4 headed monster to under 20 points.

YTBulldogs
11-17-2011, 09:37 AM
LV will have a hard time keeping a 4 headed monster to under 20 points.

If they don't, they will lose. Bears have no constant offense and I can't help but think Lampasas will put 9 in the box to shut LV's only solid RB down. LV has not thrown the ball all year with success. Gill must IMO, complete some short passes to the flats, to take the heat off Grubb and get Lampasas out of crowding the box.

Purple Rain
11-17-2011, 12:45 PM

Wow! That's a gutsy statement. You do realize that if you're wrong, D28 becomes the rectum and anus of Region 4?

YTBulldogs
11-17-2011, 01:00 PM
wow! That's a gutsy statement. You do realize that if you're wrong, d28 becomes the rectum and anus of region 4?

lol.

BearBacker
11-17-2011, 01:09 PM
Wow! That's a gutsy statement. You do realize that if you're wrong, D28 becomes the rectum and anus of Region 4?

No m'am, it didn't kill him, it rectum. -Little Johnny

LV_Bearfan
11-17-2011, 05:31 PM

Well played!

Sportshack
11-17-2011, 06:15 PM
I think Lampasas can score and can stop LV. That is all.

YTBulldogs
11-17-2011, 06:21 PM
I think Lampasas can score and can stop LV. That is all.

Could be right SS. LV offense production is a concern for sure. Not much besides Grubb. Bo will have that "D" keeping them in it I believe. Will that be enough, dunno really?

Papá Oso
11-18-2011, 07:58 PM
Game Time!

I'll take LV 24-21 in tough hard fought battle.

PO

Papá Oso
11-18-2011, 08:27 PM
7-0 lv

BearFan1
11-18-2011, 11:17 PM
LV wins 36-21. Underestimate us.... I dare you!!!!

Papá Oso
11-18-2011, 11:45 PM
Hell of a game. Grubb was a beast once again and we hit a couple big plays in the air which I've been told we couldn't do. Probably could have scored 50 if we needed to. The D was what its been for the last couple months. If not for a tough face mask call they would have shut them out in 2nd half. Area champs from where we started is just awesome.

PO

Sportshack
11-18-2011, 11:49 PM
Wow...Great win against a solid team. Just goes to show you what all the analyzing will get you. La Vernia is to be commended for overcoming early setbacks. Must have a heck of a coaching staff!!! Impressive indeed!! :clap:

Gontex
11-18-2011, 11:51 PM
LV wins 36-21. Underestimate us.... I dare you!!!!

I told them you were a good football team. They didn't believe me. Way to go Bears. Proud of you.

fire_it_up
11-19-2011, 12:53 AM
Way to go Bears! Congrats!

BearBacker
11-19-2011, 01:42 AM
Wow...Great win against a solid team. Just goes to show you what all the analyzing will get you. La Vernia is to be commended for overcoming early setbacks. Must have a heck of a coaching staff!!! Impressive indeed!! :clap:

Thanks Sportshack. The early setbacks were because Coach Bo will schedule tough non-district games(Canyon Lake, Giddings, Wimberley) to hopefully make us better. If we didn't have a great group of kids playing, it would have ruined them for the season because of those early whippings. This is the best job of coaching Coach
Bo's staff has done since he has been here. This is not the best group of players he has had, but this is the best any team he's had do in the playoffs.

Sportshack
11-19-2011, 02:03 AM
Thanks Sportshack. The early setbacks were because Coach Bo will schedule tough non-district games(Canyon Lake, Giddings, Wimberley) to hopefully make us better. If we didn't have a great group of kids playing, it would have ruined them for the season because of those early whippings. This is the best job of coaching Coach
Bo's staff has done since he has been here. This is not the best group of players he has had, but this is the best any team he's had do in the playoffs.

Well...I remember Grub shooting 4 strait 3 point shots in a La Vernia v Wimberley 7th grade basketball game to at least make it close. This Texan graduating class was really good in all sports at Jr. HIgh level and ended up winning that game but Gubb's refusal to give in narrowed gap in 2nd half for awhile. That kid just had it! Lost to them the next year in 8th grade tourney! Although missing key player dang it or it never would have happened...LOL. COuld tell he was special athlete even though not a big guy. Then I saw him in his sophomore year in football game against Wimberley on your field. He made a lot of nice plays on D and ran a beautiful route to get open and catch a TD. He is a special athlete and competitor. His older brother hosed us that night. But recall our QB injured. regardless...he is a dangerous player and apparently did well tonight. Of course I am sure many kids did. YOu guys are getting in sniffing distance of the big show.

YTBulldogs
11-19-2011, 07:01 AM
Not surprised on the Bear win, but---the amount they scored:)

Congrats LV, keep it going guys.

Papá Oso
11-19-2011, 01:31 PM
http://www.lampasasdispatchrecord.com/news/2011-11-18/Front_Page/Lampasas_vs_La_Vernia.html

A awesome video shot by a Lampasas supporter. It was a great game that exceeded the hype by two classy programs, exactly what Texas High School Football is all about.

PO

LV_Bearfan
11-19-2011, 06:22 PM
http://www.lampasasdispatchrecord.com/news/2011-11-18/Front_Page/Lampasas_vs_La_Vernia.html

A awesome video shot by a Lampasas supporter. It was a great game that exceeded the hype by two classy programs, exactly what Texas High School Football is all about.

PO

Nice video. La Vernia has been in Lampasas' position so many times in the past. You think, "This is the year", and then it falls apart against a team that most thought you should beat. Glad to be on the other side of this one. Congratulations to Lampasas on a great season.

banderafan
11-19-2011, 08:26 PM
Nice video. La Vernia has been in Lampasas' position so many times in the past. You think, "This is the year", and then it falls apart against a team that most thought you should beat. Glad to be on the other side of this one. Congratulations to Lampasas on a great season.

Congrats on the win Bears! You nailed it LVBF, you guys have had some very good teams in the past that didn't make it as deep into the playoffs as this years team. Nobody was talking LaVernia early in season but you guys are still playing.

LV_Bearfan
11-19-2011, 09:17 PM
Congrats on the win Bears! You nailed it LVBF, you guys have had some very good teams in the past that didn't make it as deep into the playoffs as this years team. Nobody was talking LaVernia early in season but you guys are still playing.

Thanks. One of those losses was to you guys of course, but you made us proud and won it all. I think over a five year stretch, LV lost to the eventual state champion in the first round three or four times. LV's old coach is now at Jourdanton, and I saw they lost by one point to Blanco this week. He's revived a once winless program, but he's still snake-bit in the playoffs. This year's team is playing way over its head, and I credit the coaching staff for that. It has been fun. Reminds me of that team that won state for Bandera, but I'm not gettin ahead of myself. I am very proud of them. I know many of the assistant coaches from the past. Many of them coached me when I was in high schoool, and some I actually played ball with. Many have been at LV for 20 years or more. There are some fine men finally enjoying some success. It is well deserved, and I know coach Bo has a long playoff run in his future. If not this year, next or the following. This team is young, but they must replace the Grub, Gonzales, and several other kids to be successful next year.

LV_Bearfan
11-19-2011, 09:50 PM
Well...I remember Grub shooting 4 strait 3 point shots in a La Vernia v Wimberley 7th grade basketball game to at least make it close. This Texan graduating class was really good in all sports at Jr. HIgh level and ended up winning that game but Gubb's refusal to give in narrowed gap in 2nd half for awhile. That kid just had it! Lost to them the next year in 8th grade tourney! Although missing key player dang it or it never would have happened...LOL. COuld tell he was special athlete even though not a big guy. Then I saw him in his sophomore year in football game against Wimberley on your field. He made a lot of nice plays on D and ran a beautiful route to get open and catch a TD. He is a special athlete and competitor. His older brother hosed us that night. But recall our QB injured. regardless...he is a dangerous player and apparently did well tonight. Of course I am sure many kids did. YOu guys are getting in sniffing distance of the big show.

Why do you guys talk about injuries so much? Do you think other teams don't have injuries? It's just a little off-putting that you guys think the only time you lose is when one of your guys is injured or otherwise missing. Other teams are dealing with injuries also, but Wimberley seems to get injured a lot. No offense, but I've been following this board a long time, and Wimberley people really like to talk about injuries. That being said, I sure hope all of your guys are healthy and ready to win a state title for RIV. Good luck!

lbjacj
11-19-2011, 10:12 PM
Why do you guys talk about injuries so much? Do you think other teams don't have injuries? It's just a little off-putting that you guys think the only time you lose is when one of your guys is injured or otherwise missing. Other teams are dealing with injuries also, but Wimberley seems to get injured a lot. No offense, but I've been following this board a long time, and Wimberley people really like to talk about injuries. That being said, I sure hope all of your guys are healthy and ready to win a state title for RIV. Good luck!

Because it is usually to one of our star players who can make a BIG difference in the outcome of the game a la Brennan Blakemore last night!

LV_Bearfan
11-20-2011, 07:12 PM
Because it is usually to one of our star players who can make a BIG difference in the outcome of the game a la Brennan Blakemore last night!

I can't argue with the lift that Blakemore provided.

BearBacker
11-20-2011, 08:48 PM

If a starter goes down to an injury, the young man replacing him is not as good. or he would be the starter. La Vernia has been very fortunate this season. Not many injuries at all. It can mean the difference between winning and losing.

ogg
11-21-2011, 09:33 AM
If a starter goes down to an injury, the young man replacing him is not as good. or he would be the starter. La Vernia has been very fortunate this season. Not many injuries at all. It can mean the difference between winning and losing.

Sometimes the backup guy is better as crazy as that sounds, playing in a game is different from practice.

holcomb2012
11-21-2011, 10:42 AM
Congrats to the Bears! Will be rooting for yall the rest of the way!!!

LV_Bearfan
11-21-2011, 08:57 PM
Congrats to the Bears! Will be rooting for yall the rest of the way!!!

Thanks holcomb2012. We appreciate your support. Congratulations on a great season. Hopefully the start of a new winning tradition for you guys! Hope we're both around for the second round again next year!

Sportshack
11-21-2011, 09:20 PM

Oh well...my bad...just pointing out you won but we were pretty anemic offensively in that game due to an injury to starting QB. You guys were really physical in that game and scored or had scores set up by the older Grubb who made some spectacular runs. Definitely could have beaten WHS on that night even if the older Blakemore had played. Really trying to compliment your star player as I knew he was going to be fantastic back when he was in 7th grade.

I am not sure why we talk about it...we have had a great run in the last 3 years despite dealing with some tough injuries to star players.

LV_Bearfan
11-21-2011, 09:50 PM
Oh well...my bad...just pointing out you won but we were pretty anemic offensively in that game due to an injury to starting QB. You guys were really physical in that game and scored or had scores set up by the older Grubb who made some spectacular runs. Definitely could have beaten WHS on that night even if the older Blakemore had played. Really trying to compliment your star player as I knew he was going to be fantastic back when he was in 7th grade.

I am not sure why we talk about it...we have had a great run in the last 3 years despite dealing with some tough injuries to star players.

Very true. You guys have had a really tough run in that department. Knowing your team is very good but not being able to keep key players healthy has to be very frustrating. Here's to better health for the next few weeks........................! Good luck.