PDA

View Full Version : Princeton

MesquiteFan
11-12-2011, 01:34 AM
Congratulations to the Panthers! Made their first playoff appearance since 1976 last year, and this year they have a playoff win over Roosevelt 31-20.

IndianFan2012
11-12-2011, 08:47 AM
Whoop whoop!

ssgmp5150
11-12-2011, 08:02 PM
Congrats to Princeton! You guys are starting to turn the corner and hopefully will no longer be the perennial door mat! Keep it up. Does anyone know who they are playing next and where?

Leopard4Life
11-12-2011, 08:18 PM
Congratulations to the Panthers! Made their first playoff appearance since 1976 last year, and this year they have a playoff win over Roosevelt 31-20.

Princeton made the playoffs for this first time since 1976 last year. This is their second in a row, they got spanked by Madison in the 1st round last year. This is their first Playoff win. They luckily let Lovejoy and Propser do the heavy lifting with Wilmer-Hutchins and Madison.

Princeton has enough transfers to have good athletes. The program lacks honor, class and decorum...

ssgmp5150
11-13-2011, 11:15 AM
That is true! They have enough transfers that they should be considered a college team! I also agree that the program lacks honor, class, etc...However, with that being said, I still find myself quietly rooting for them, hoping that they will dig themselves out of the infinite arm pit of mediocrity and become a quality program. However, with the current coach they have, they will not build a quality program with character, etc...They will win as a result of the transfers the coach recruits, but they will not win with class and build a foundation for future classes to build on and establish a quality winning program there.

Princeton made the playoffs for this first time since 1976 last year. This is their second in a row, they got spanked by Madison in the 1st round last year. This is their first Playoff win. They luckily let Lovejoy and Propser do the heavy lifting with Wilmer-Hutchins and Madison.

Princeton has enough transfers to have good athletes. The program lacks honor, class and decorum...

Buckeye80
11-13-2011, 11:32 AM
They will win as a result of the transfers the coach recruits, but they will not win with class and build a foundation for future classes to build on and establish a quality winning program there.

Historically, I find that the classless teams tend to lose against the quality programs that instill character and sportsmanship in their kids. The only exception to this which springs to mind is the Argyle team from last season. It was a team comprised of mouthy, rude, arrogant little......ummm...."football players" who beat the Buckeyes CONVINCINGLY. They then received their just desserts against Carthage. Carthage and Gilmer fans both know the caliber of kids that played on that Argyle team.

BLACK ATTACK
11-13-2011, 12:00 PM
Historically, I find that the classless teams tend to lose against the quality programs that instill character and sportsmanship in their kids. The only exception to this which springs to mind is the Argyle team from last season. It was a team comprised of mouthy, rude, arrogant little......ummm...."football players" who beat the Buckeyes CONVINCINGLY. They then received their just desserts against Carthage. Carthage and Gilmer fans both know the caliber of kids that played on that Argyle team.

Sounds like the words of a person whos team got their a$$ kicked more than convincingly to me, and then had to find another teams bandwagon to jump on because you couldn't take care of your own business. Carthage handled it for you, but your precious buckeyes didn't have the......ummm...."football players" or......ummm....."caliber of kids" to take care of it. I'm absolutely positive that if the, classier than any other team in the state, buckeyes would have ever even been in the game, that your idiotic words wouldn't be near as harsh. But I will apologize for those terrible Argyle kids for being "mean" to the poor gilmer players, since I'm sure they never whispered a cross word to our players. Hopefully, they will not be damaged emotionally as you appear to be.

Leopard4Life
11-13-2011, 12:04 PM

I agree about Argyle 100%. I've seen them play 3 times (not including on TV against Sanger). The TV game didn't show their poor sportsmanship. I saw them get chippy after Prosper handed it to them. I listened to their Internet broadcast the next afternoon and the play-by-play guy was going on at the end of the game about how Prosper wasn't showing class and what a quality/character program Argyle is. What bull, I don't know what game he was watching. I never went back and listened to the Prosper version. Good thing Argyle was paying the guy.

I hope Princeton turns it around and re-builds based on a honorable foundation and not recruiting... The UIL is watching.

BLACK ATTACK
11-13-2011, 12:11 PM
I agree about Argyle 100%. I've seen them play 3 times (not including on TV against Sanger). The TV game didn't show their poor sportsmanship. I saw them get chippy after Prosper handed it to them. I listened to their Internet broadcast the next afternoon and the play-by-play guy was going on at the end of the game about how Prosper wasn't showing class and what a quality/character program Argyle is. What bull, I don't know what game he was watching. I never went back and listened to the Prosper version. Good thing Argyle was paying the guy.

I hope Princeton turns it around and re-builds based on a honorable foundation and not recruiting... The UIL is watching.

Refer to post above. Probably you ought to pay closer attention when your team is playing, and consider past incidents your high quality kids were involved in before you bash ours

Buckeye80
11-13-2011, 12:17 PM
But I will apologize for those terrible Argyle kids for being "mean" to the poor gilmer players, since I'm sure they never whispered a cross word to our players. Hopefully, they will not be damaged emotionally as you appear to be.

"This will be all day you poor a$$ n*****." "What's it like to be poor a$$ trash?" Two quotes taken directly from the Argyle/Carthage game last year. You can Youtube Scott Suratt's postseason speech from last year and tell me what he says about Argyle. Rich little spoonfed white boys are taught to act better than everyone.
The FACT is that Gilmer lost to a superior football team last year. I have zero problem admitting that. Nor do I harbor any resentment toward a program that beats us at football. I do have a problem with any player running their mouth especially with regards to topics far above any 16, 17, or 18 year old child.
Nah Sugar. I'm not emotionally disturbed about the result of last year's game. I'm disturbed about the caliber of adults y'all are producing at Argyle.

BLACK ATTACK
11-13-2011, 01:33 PM
"This will be all day you poor a$$ n*****." "What's it like to be poor a$$ trash?" Two quotes taken directly from the Argyle/Carthage game last year. You can Youtube Scott Suratt's postseason speech from last year and tell me what he says about Argyle. Rich little spoonfed white boys are taught to act better than everyone.
The FACT is that Gilmer lost to a superior football team last year. I have zero problem admitting that. Nor do I harbor any resentment toward a program that beats us at football. I do have a problem with any player running their mouth especially with regards to topics far above any 16, 17, or 18 year old child.
Nah Sugar. I'm not emotionally disturbed about the result of last year's game. I'm disturbed about the caliber of adults y'all are producing at Argyle.

Well, I am trying to think why in the hell I would care what Carthage's coach says about Argyle. As for the harsh words you point to, don't believe they were said, and if they were are certainly inappropriate. But this fantasy world you live in is laughable. The mighty gilmer buckeyes, the team that gets up after every play and never speaks a derogatory word to another player. Please, sugar, if you believe that, you are even more deranged than i think you are. Now what I have issue with is you bringing race to this board in the first place, and classifying a school system and community because of what you percieved was said by an athlete. To my knowledge, anyone is welcome to live here. The new families that have moved in recently would not support anything that you have stated about the kids or the area. The issues that you have don't have anything to do with 3A athletics, and don't belong here. I'm just sorry that you polluted the board with them.

Go Princeton!

Leopard4Life
11-13-2011, 01:43 PM
Refer to post above. Probably you ought to pay closer attention when your team is playing, and consider past incidents your high quality kids were involved in before you bash ours

I do pay close attention and if a kid acts like a fool I watch the coaches chew him a new one and sit him down. Lovejoy gets their fair share of personal fouls and unsportsman like conducts. They are kids and it is an emotional game. A lot of times in football the player that retaliates is the one that gets caught.

I never mentioned anything about high quality kids, I wrote about having a high quality program. Every program will have some bad eggs, it is how the coaching staff handles the bad eggs that determines if you are going to be a quality program. Situations like the "incident" happen all over high school sports all the time, most are brushed under the rug. The Lovejoy athletic program handled the situation correctly and showed that they are teaching these young men more than football.

Lovejoy's "incident", not incidents, was handled correctly. Kids made a stupid decision and were dealt with by the program. The UIL didn't have to step in. An incident was reported and investigated by the program. The boys involved owned up to their actions and had to live with the consequences. Lovejoy is a young program that has enjoyed a lot of success, by suspending their best player and two key players they set a baseline for the program and took a major step in establishing themselves as a quality program. The sad thing is that you viewed as a negative for the program.

Buckeye80
11-13-2011, 01:48 PM
Well, I am trying to think why in the hell I would care what Carthage's coach says about Argyle. As for the harsh words you point to, don't believe they were said, and if they were are certainly inappropriate. But this fantasy world you live in is laughable. The mighty gilmer buckeyes, the team that gets up after every play and never speaks a derogatory word to another player. Please, sugar, if you believe that, you are even more deranged than i think you are. Now what I have issue with is you bringing race to this board in the first place, and classifying a school system and community because of what you percieved was said by an athlete. To my knowledge, anyone is welcome to live here. The new families that have moved in recently would not support anything that you have stated about the kids or the area. The issues that you have don't have anything to do with 3A athletics, and don't belong here. I'm just sorry that you polluted the board with them.
Go Princeton!

Unfortunately, the issue is a part of athletics at all levels. It always has been, and "sticking your head in the sand" doesn't make it go away. Whether those statements were actually made or not is actually a very valid point. I received them secondhand from the uncle of a Carthage player. I would not understand a Carthage player fabricating those statements concerning a team his team had just soundly beaten. He would not have the same motivation as I do (in your words) of just being a disgruntled fan. Lol
I will GLADLY put Gilmer's track record of sportsmanship up against Argyle's any day. Ask Wylie fans, Cuero fans, or Carthage fans, among many many others. Here's the thing. If everyone in Longview says that I have incredibly bad body odor, guess what?? I probably have body odor. The thing about rumors, reputations, and stereotypes is that they are usually founded in fact.

And for the record, watch a Gilmer game and see what happens to a player who gets up and talks "trash" to an opposing player. Just watch. You probably won't see him for the rest of the game.

BLACK ATTACK
11-13-2011, 02:11 PM
I do pay close attention and if a kid acts like a fool I watch the coaches chew him a new one and sit him down. Lovejoy gets their fair share of personal fouls and unsportsman like conducts. They are kids and it is an emotional game. A lot of times in football the player that retaliates is the one that gets caught.

I never mentioned anything about high quality kids, I wrote about having a high quality program. Every program will have some bad eggs, it is how the coaching staff handles the bad eggs that determines if you are going to be a quality program. Situations like the "incident" happen all over high school sports all the time, most are brushed under the rug. The Lovejoy athletic program handled the situation correctly and showed that they are teaching these young men more than football.

Lovejoy's "incident", not incidents, was handled correctly. Kids made a stupid decision and were dealt with by the program. The UIL didn't have to step in. An incident was reported and investigated by the program. The boys involved owned up to their actions and had to live with the consequences. Lovejoy is a young program that has enjoyed a lot of success, by suspending their best player and two key players they set a baseline for the program and took a major step in establishing themselves as a quality program. The sad thing is that you viewed as a negative for the program.

I agree that Lovejoy handled the situation correctly. Had to be difficult to suspend the best player. Overall, in my short experience with Lovejoy, it has a quality program, community, and school system. But don't kid yourself into thinking that there isn't plenty of unnecessary stuff going on in any game, from any team, on both sides of the ball.

BLACK ATTACK
11-13-2011, 02:19 PM
Unfortunately, the issue is a part of athletics at all levels. It always has been, and "sticking your head in the sand" doesn't make it go away. Whether those statements were actually made or not is actually a very valid point. I received them secondhand from the uncle of a Carthage player. I would not understand a Carthage player fabricating those statements concerning a team his team had just soundly beaten. He would not have the same motivation as I do (in your words) of just being a disgruntled fan. Lol
I will GLADLY put Gilmer's track record of sportsmanship up against Argyle's any day. Ask Wylie fans, Cuero fans, or Carthage fans, among many many others. Here's the thing. If everyone in Longview says that I have incredibly bad body odor, guess what?? I probably have body odor. The thing about rumors, reputations, and stereotypes is that they are usually founded in fact.

And for the record, watch a Gilmer game and see what happens to a player who gets up and talks "trash" to an opposing player. Just watch. You probably won't see him for the rest of the game.

Damn, Gilmer's awesome. I'm quite sure that if your QB or starting RB talked trash to an opposing player (which i know Gilmer would not do), I'm quite sure that he wouldn't play the rest of the game to prove a point. LMFAO! But, I'll be watching.
I certainly don't have my head in the sand about the issues that still exist in today's society, but it is people like you that keep them alive and kicking!

Go Princeton!!

Leopard4Life
11-13-2011, 02:21 PM
I agree that Lovejoy handled the situation correctly. Had to be difficult to suspend the best player. Overall, in my short experience with Lovejoy, it has a quality program, community, and school system. But don't kid yourself into thinking that there isn't plenty of unnecessary stuff going on in any game, from any team, on both sides of the ball.

I'm not kidding myself. Maybe Argyle handles those things behind closed doors. I didn't see near the amount of extra-curricular activity during the televised Sanger game, however you don't see everything on TV like you do in the stands. I'm not trying to infer all kids at Argyle exhibit negative behavior, nor am I saying all Lovejoy kids are choir boys (far from it). Austin Aune appears to be a class act on the field, the few players I saw acting out the most had little to no effect in the actual game.

Good luck against Prosper (not too much), and hopefully things don't get to chippy.

Back to Princeton, congrats on their 1st playoff win and good luck building a quality character program to go along with the vastly improved football program.

Buckeye80
11-13-2011, 02:41 PM
Damn, Gilmer's awesome. I'm quite sure that if your QB or starting RB talked trash to an opposing player (which i know Gilmer would not do), I'm quite sure that he wouldn't play the rest of the game to prove a point. LMFAO! But, I'll be watching.
I certainly don't have my head in the sand about the issues that still exist in today's society, but it is people like you that keep them alive and kicking!

Go Princeton!!

Handle your's. We will handle our's. See ya in Round 4.

Leopard4Life
11-13-2011, 02:44 PM

Prosper may have something to say about that...

BLACK ATTACK
11-13-2011, 04:55 PM

OK...lol

BLACK ATTACK
11-13-2011, 04:55 PM
Prosper may have something to say about that...

......or not

regaleagle
11-14-2011, 01:24 AM
Nice "Princeton" thread, huh?

RPF2666
11-14-2011, 07:43 AM
Nice "Princeton" thread, huh?

The Princeton thrashing was swift and concise! On to pertinent matters like teams that
might actually have a legitimate shot at winning a state title, I guess?

Eagle2
11-14-2011, 11:43 AM
......or not

Now I was enjoying reading this until I got to this quote.....:) I can't wait until Friday. This should be a classic!

CHS_89
11-14-2011, 05:42 PM
I'm not kidding myself. Maybe Argyle handles those things behind closed doors. I didn't see near the amount of extra-curricular activity during the televised Sanger game, however you don't see everything on TV like you do in the stands. I'm not trying to infer all kids at Argyle exhibit negative behavior, nor am I saying all Lovejoy kids are choir boys (far from it). Austin Aune appears to be a class act on the field, the few players I saw acting out the most had little to no effect in the actual game.

Good luck against Prosper (not too much), and hopefully things don't get to chippy.

Back to Princeton, congrats on their 1st playoff win and good luck building a quality character program to go along with the vastly improved football program.

Not defending anyone or these types of behaviors, but there was alot of "extra-curricular activity", as you call it, in our game last Friday. The ref's should have shut that down after the first unsportsmanlike conduct penalty, but went on to call two more. All three offsetting. Some coaches should have been given a warning by the ref's after the first penalty in my opinion.

Congrats to Princeton by the way!

Lucky2Coach
11-14-2011, 07:53 PM
That is true! They have enough transfers that they should be considered a college team! I also agree that the program lacks honor, class, etc...However, with that being said, I still find myself quietly rooting for them, hoping that they will dig themselves out of the infinite arm pit of mediocrity and become a quality program. However, with the current coach they have, they will not build a quality program with character, etc...They will win as a result of the transfers the coach recruits, but they will not win with class and build a foundation for future classes to build on and establish a quality winning program there.

G.A. Moore was only second in recruiting to Barry Switzerland back
in the day. Don't blame the coaches, it's the parents that make the ultimate decision to move a kid for athletic reasons.

Phil C
11-14-2011, 09:32 PM
Judge not lest Ye be Judged!

:mad:

Eagle2
11-14-2011, 09:56 PM
G.A. Moore was only second in recruiting to Barry Switzerland back
in the day. Don't blame the coaches, it's the parents that make the ultimate decision to move a kid for athletic reasons.

Hilarious!!!