PDA

View Full Version : Glen Rose vs. Brownwood

GR Tiger_14
11-12-2011, 12:59 AM
Now I know this is not the same BW team from last year, but I know nothing about them this year. I have been to a few of the GR games and I was just wondering how does both these teams stack up?

GrTigers6
11-12-2011, 01:15 AM
Im pretty sure it will be the first ever meeting on the football field.

IndianFan2012
11-12-2011, 08:54 AM
I think it will be a close game

texas_wildcat
11-12-2011, 09:09 AM
if yall can score like you did yesterday i think yall will be fine...... maybe we can meet later down the road

Bosqueville
11-12-2011, 09:19 AM
I believe it will be close. Brownwood may be better on defense than Bridgeport and I think brownwood's running game will be an asset! I may have to abandon my Bosqueville Bulldogs for this one!

GrTigers6
11-12-2011, 11:08 AM
Not sure my heart can handle another shootout!!! And yes it will be a great game no matter who wins

texas_wildcat
11-12-2011, 02:57 PM
42-35 Glen Rose goes on to win

Trashman
11-12-2011, 03:40 PM
Brownwood can and should win this game.....depending on which team gets off the bus.

tres beauties
11-12-2011, 04:50 PM
Congrats to the GR Tigers. I'm glad ya'll got 'er done! Pulling for ya'll this week!

ccmom
11-12-2011, 05:27 PM
What is the status of the Brownwood starting QB?

ccmom
11-12-2011, 05:28 PM
What is the status of the Brownwood starting QB? I hope his injury was minor.

ccmom
11-12-2011, 05:32 PM
Oops wrong thread

95mustang
11-12-2011, 06:12 PM
What is the status of the Brownwood starting QB? I hope his injury was minor.

Don't know yet. All I know is that Thursday night he was not puting weight on his leg. I know it is an ankle injury but not the severity.

ccmom
11-12-2011, 06:16 PM
Don't know yet. All I know is that Thursday night he was not puting weight on his leg. I know it is an ankle injury but not the severity. Here's hoping he makes a quick recovery and is back on the field in S'ville.

Bosqueville
11-13-2011, 06:03 PM
I'm trying to remember the story with Glen Rose from the beginning of the year until now. Was there a QB switch mid-season??? Or did I make that up in my head?

GrTigers6
11-13-2011, 06:37 PM
I'm trying to remember the story with Glen Rose from the beginning of the year until now. Was there a QB switch mid-season??? Or did I make that up in my head?Starting qb broke his arm in week 3 and is now a rb with a club. And backup junior qb is the starter since week 4 and is improving every week!

LIONS#1
11-13-2011, 07:40 PM
Ought to be a good game!!!!:1popcorn:

83Indian
11-13-2011, 11:02 PM
Glen Rose has a chance if the defense can last the full four quarters. They held us to 15 points starting the fourth quarter and just ran out of gas. Depth appears to be a problem for the Glen Rose defense. Would love to see them pull off the win but its going to be tough.

GrTigers6
11-14-2011, 07:10 AM
Glen Rose has a chance if the defense can last the full four quarters. They held us to 15 points starting the fourth quarter and just ran out of gas. Depth appears to be a problem for the Glen Rose defense. Would love to see them pull off the win but its going to be tough.we are down to our last lineman, almost all of them are playing both ways, Hopefully we will have some able to play this week.
Our problem against yall was the int at your goaline that would have made the game 23-16, after that the were just deflated and you cant stop your running game without the intensity that we had thr first 3 qtrs. then yall took advantage of that and put it away. Still one of the best games i have witnessed.

defense51
11-14-2011, 07:20 AM
Glen Rose wins this one 35-14.

hollywood
11-14-2011, 09:00 AM

Why?

garciap77
11-14-2011, 09:01 AM

Brownwood by 77!:D Go Lions beat Glen Rose.

LionFan72
11-14-2011, 09:04 AM

You might want to tighten the realilty strap on that prediction:stirpot: I won't be more than a 3 point difference either side.

Black_Magic
11-14-2011, 10:15 AM
Go Lions beat Glen Rose. Wow!! If I didnt know better I would say the Devil is dead and hell is frozen over!:clap:

Black_Magic
11-14-2011, 12:55 PM
Brownwood Lions Win in a close one this week I think.

GrTigers6
11-14-2011, 01:02 PM
You might want to tighten the realilty strap on that prediction:stirpot: I won't be more than a 3 point difference either side.Reality? On this Board? :D

ccmom
11-14-2011, 03:25 PM
I am a big fan of Brownwood's radio announcer, Dallas Huston. However, I hear that GR has an entertaining broadcast duo. I might try to listen to the GR broadcast for a bit.:)

GrTigers6
11-14-2011, 04:22 PM
I am a big fan of Brownwood's radio announcer, Dallas Huston. However, I hear that GR has an entertaining broadcast duo. I might try to listen to the GR broadcast for a bit.:)They are pretty comical! but no where close comparison to Dallas Huston. but do listen to them if you get the chance and see what you think
I am actually looking at trying to record Dallas's broadcast so I can hear him talk about my son. I have listened to Dallas for years and since I moved from brownwood never had a kid play for him. But now I have a nephew and a son playing each other. Could be some interesting commentary.

BwdLion73
11-14-2011, 04:52 PM
They are pretty comical! but no where close comparison to Dallas Huston. but do listen to them if you get the chance and see what you think
I am actually looking at trying to record Dallas's broadcast so I can hear him talk about my son. I have listened to Dallas for years and since I moved from brownwood never had a kid play for him. But now I have a nephew and a son playing each other. Could be some interesting commentary.

Thats cool.

Not near as interesting as family holiday meetings will be.:eek::1popcorn:

BEAST
11-14-2011, 04:54 PM
They are pretty comical! but no where close comparison to Dallas Huston. but do listen to them if you get the chance and see what you think

I remember that now. I am the 7 on 7 coach for Brownwood. Isnt it the Wells boy that is your nephew?

BEAST

BwdLions
11-14-2011, 04:54 PM
Looking forward to this first-ever meeting between these two schools. I say the Lions pull this one out 38-28.

GrTigers6
11-14-2011, 05:32 PM
I remember that now. I am the 7 on 7 coach for Brownwood. Isnt it the Wells boy that is your nephew?

BEASTYes it is wells we watched your last 7on7 game in stephenvile with his parents

defense51
11-15-2011, 07:15 AM
You might want to tighten the realilty strap on that prediction:stirpot: I won't be more than a 3 point difference either side.
Glen Rose has improved immensely through the season, improving even with injuries. The win last week will give them momentum and unless Brownwood has a shut down defense look for the Tigers to get the offense going early and hang at least 35 on the scoreboard.

GrTigers6
11-15-2011, 08:09 AM
Glen Rose has improved immensely through the season, improving even with injuries. The win last week will give them momentum and unless Brownwood has a shut down defense look for the Tigers to get the offense going early and hang at least 35 on the scoreboard.Brownwood has a pretty good defense. But I hope our offense can perform like they did last week. And I hope our defense can put together some stops to and keep their scoring to a minimum. I do believe it will be a high scoring game just not as high as ours last week. Maybe 35-28 or 42-35

LionFan72
11-15-2011, 09:25 AM
Brownwood has a pretty good defense. But I hope our offense can perform like they did last week. And I hope our defense can put together some stops to and keep their scoring to a minimum. I do believe it will be a high scoring game just not as high as ours last week. Maybe 35-28 or 42-35

It is going to be a smashem in the face game, I really am interested to see Glen Rose, as it will be a first for me. It will be a back and forth contest of wills, down to the last play, i think! The game will hinge on turnovers, and the edge in turnovers will dictate the winner. It has been a very unpredictable season for the Lions, so it is hard for any of us to make bold predictions. I will pick the Lions for victory, but will wish Glen Rose luck if you'll win. Here's to an exciting game!!!!

texas_wildcat
11-15-2011, 10:25 AM
some one put a poll in

GrTigers6
11-15-2011, 11:56 AM
Please merge with existing thread

Sweetwater Red
11-15-2011, 07:19 PM
Brownwood by 17 plus.

hollywood
11-16-2011, 10:02 AM
Brownwood 42
Glen Rose 28

Black_Magic
11-16-2011, 10:16 AM
Brownwood 42
Glen Rose 28 Brownwood by 7

Bosqueville
11-16-2011, 10:20 AM
Brownwood by 14.

Lionpa54
11-16-2011, 10:52 AM
i second that score, go lions. pray both teams are healthy for the game
:iagree:

GrTigers6
11-16-2011, 11:01 AM
Please merge with existing threadttttt

hollywood
11-16-2011, 11:47 AM
Brownwood by 7

I could agree with that pick also.:clap:

GrTigers6
11-16-2011, 02:54 PM
I could agree with that pick also.:clap:I just want to go on record saying, We already beat the " Lions" this season. :D
Seriously though, it will be a great game and I am looking forward to this matchup more than any other to date. For obvious reasons!
What it boils down to is
Who really is the King of the Jungle? Tigers or Lions?

hollywood
11-16-2011, 03:49 PM
I just want to go on record saying, We already beat the " Lions" this season. :D
Seriously though, it will be a great game and I am looking forward to this matchup more than any other to date. For obvious reasons!
What it boils down to is
Who really is the King of the Jungle? Tigers or Lions?

interesting...
"Lion vs. Tiger? Who wins?
If a lion were to fight a tiger it would be ferocious. It is all based upon fitness and personality. If the lion is old and helplesss he will loose. If he is young and fit he will win. Same thing for the tiger. Is the lion really the king of the Jungle? Yes he is. If he wasn't in the Jungle is he king. No. He is still ferocious. Tigers are stealthy and dangerous. Tigers have beaten Lions before. Overall the Lions are built killing machines. In the end depending upon the condition of the Lion he is the winner if he is fit. He is built to kill. Tigers are the same but not armored like the lion. In Roman times Lion vs. Tigers fights happened often. Often times the Tiger would win. We are not sure if the Lions were injured when this happened. Scientist pick the Lion has the overall winner if he is fit. He is the King of the Jungle. Tiger are very close but the percentages are in the Lion's direction. He is built tough and fights often for his pride. Tigers are loners." :D

COBRAFOOTBALL
11-16-2011, 03:52 PM
interesting...
If a lion were to fight a tiger it would be ferocious. It is all based upon fitness and personality. If the lion is old and helplesss he will loose. If he is young and fit he will win. Same thing for the tiger. Is the lion really the king of the Jungle? Yes he is. If he wasn't in the Jungle is he king. No. He is still ferocious. Tigers are stealthy and dangerous. Tigers have beaten Lions before. Overall the Lions are built killing machines. In the end depending upon the condition of the Lion he is the winner if he is fit. He is built to kill. Tigers are the same but not armored like the lion. In Roman times Lion vs. Tigers fights happened often. Often times the Tiger would win. We are not sure if the Lions were injured when this happened. Scientist pick the Lion has the overall winner if he is fit. He is the King of the Jungle. Tiger are very close but the percentages are in the Lion's direction. He is built tough and fights often for his pride. Tigers are loners." :DLions! Tigers! We need Bears!!! OH MY!! I pick Glen Rose by 7.

GrTigers6
11-16-2011, 04:40 PM
interesting...
If a lion were to fight a tiger it would be ferocious. It is all based upon fitness and personality. If the lion is old and helplesss he will loose. If he is young and fit he will win. Same thing for the tiger. Is the lion really the king of the Jungle? Yes he is. If he wasn't in the Jungle is he king. No. He is still ferocious. Tigers are stealthy and dangerous. Tigers have beaten Lions before. Overall the Lions are built killing machines. In the end depending upon the condition of the Lion he is the winner if he is fit. He is built to kill. Tigers are the same but not armored like the lion. In Roman times Lion vs. Tigers fights happened often. Often times the Tiger would win. We are not sure if the Lions were injured when this happened. Scientist pick the Lion has the overall winner if he is fit. He is the King of the Jungle. Tiger are very close but the percentages are in the Lion's direction. He is built tough and fights often for his pride. Tigers are loners." :DWow! there was way more thought than I ever was expecting on that question, But thanks for your insight Hollywood, Oh by the way that is a nickname my son was given way back in Coach pitch because he always had to have his sunglasses and always tried to entertain the crowd! He even has it on the back of his letter jacket!
So look out for "Hollywood"!:D

Tin Cup
11-16-2011, 04:47 PM
If Brownwood has more or equal turnovers we could very easily lose. This season has been about turnovers for the Lions. The only game we got away with it was Bowie.

My prediction with 1 or less Bwd turnover:
Lions 35
Tigers 27

My prediction with more turnovers than GR:
Tigers 42
Lions 28

hollywood
11-16-2011, 05:07 PM
Wow! there was way more thought than I ever was expecting on that question, But thanks for your insight Hollywood, Oh by the way that is a nickname my son was given way back in Coach pitch because he always had to have his sunglasses and always tried to entertain the crowd! He even has it on the back of his letter jacket!
So look out for "Hollywood"!:D

LOL... yeah I found that somewhere last year. Not my words, hince the quotation marks. ;)

Hollywood, eh? Yep, Ag teacher gave me that nickname when a Heisman stiff arm pic during a run made the paper :eek:... so he started calling me Hollywood.

P.S. He must be awesome if he goes by Hollywood. :clap:

GrTigers6
11-16-2011, 05:27 PM
LOL... yeah I found that somewhere last year. Not my words, hince the quotation marks. ;)

Hollywood, eh? Yep, Ag teacher gave me that nickname when a Heisman stiff arm pic during a run made the paper :eek:... so he started calling me Hollywood.

P.S. He must be awesome if he goes by Hollywood. :clap:LOL Yeah he is!

hollywood
11-16-2011, 05:41 PM
LOL Yeah he is!

Very cool.

So has there been a M&G set up? Usually the south scoreboard at halftime in that stadium. Would love to meet some of these GR posters.

GrTigers6
11-16-2011, 06:22 PM
Very cool.

So has there been a M&G set up? Usually the south scoreboard at halftime in that stadium. Would love to meet some of these GR posters.Thats fine with me because I will be down there anyway setting up tunnel! Although there arent many posters other than me from GR.

GrTigers6
11-16-2011, 06:24 PM
Very cool.

So has there been a M&G set up? Usually the south scoreboard at halftime in that stadium. Would love to meet some of these GR posters.Werent you at the M&G last year against Bridgeport?

hollywood
11-16-2011, 06:25 PM
Thats fine with me because I will be down there anyway setting up tunnel! Although there arent many posters other than me from GR.

Sounds good GRT6.

Any other BW posters willing to join me and the GR poster for a M&B.... I mean M&G? :wave:

GrTigers6
11-16-2011, 06:27 PM
Sounds good GRT6.

Any other BW posters willing to join me and the GR poster for a M&B.... I mean M&G? :wave:Is that short for Meet and Beat? I think I will pass, too many Brownwood posters, I wouldnt stand a chance!:D

hollywood
11-16-2011, 06:37 PM
Is that short for Meet and Beat? I think I will pass, too many Brownwood posters, I wouldnt stand a chance!:D

LOL.. yeah, i saw that on another thread and thought it was funny.

It's going to be a good game. Weather should play into BW's favor... forecasting 60 degrees and windy at kickoff, winds gusting 15-25 mph. ;)

GrTigers6
11-16-2011, 06:42 PM
LOL.. yeah, i saw that on another thread and thought it was funny.

It's going to be a good game. Weather should play into BW's favor... forecasting 60 degrees and windy at kickoff, winds gusting 15-25 mph. ;)Well we will just have to run the ball then, we did rush for 354 yards last week!:D

garciap77
11-17-2011, 08:54 AM
Wow!! If I didnt know better I would say the Devil is dead and hell is frozen over!:clap:

.................................http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/icky.gif

garciap77
11-17-2011, 09:01 AM
interesting...
If a lion were to fight a tiger it would be ferocious. It is all based upon fitness and personality. If the lion is old and helplesss he will loose. If he is young and fit he will win. Same thing for the tiger. Is the lion really the king of the Jungle? Yes he is. If he wasn't in the Jungle is he king. No. He is still ferocious. Tigers are stealthy and dangerous. Tigers have beaten Lions before. Overall the Lions are built killing machines. In the end depending upon the condition of the Lion he is the winner if he is fit. He is built to kill. Tigers are the same but not armored like the lion. In Roman times Lion vs. Tigers fights happened often. Often times the Tiger would win. We are not sure if the Lions were injured when this happened. Scientist pick the Lion has the overall winner if he is fit. He is the King of the Jungle. Tiger are very close but the percentages are in the Lion's direction. He is built tough and fights often for his pride. Tigers are loners." :D

http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/lion.jpg vs http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/icky.gif

I'll take the Lions on this one!:D

garciap77
11-17-2011, 09:07 AM
Sounds good GRT6.

Any other BW posters willing to join me and the GR poster for a M&B.... I mean M&G? :wave:

Don't do it GRT6!!!!! Hollywood is a THUG!!!
http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/Hollywoodgang_signs.jpg

;)

hollywood
11-17-2011, 10:18 AM
don't do it grt6!!!!! Hollywood is a thug!!!
http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/hollywoodgang_signs.jpg

;)

lol!

Eagle 1
11-17-2011, 11:32 AM
I'm going with the Lions in this one by 10.
I love a good cat fight........:1popcorn:

hollywood
11-17-2011, 11:47 AM
I'm going with the Lions in this one by 10.
I love a good cat fight........:1popcorn:

Nothin' like a good cat fight.

Where are the Eagles playing this week?

garciap77
11-17-2011, 11:44 PM
Somebody turn ROCKET Loose!!!!! This is getting boring!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/07n1a0.jpg

GO LIONS! I like when the Lions are in the playoffs, they provide free food at the games!
http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/DSC_6779-1.jpg

SHSBulldog00
11-18-2011, 10:53 AM
It will be close throughout. A late B'WOOD TD is the difference.

hollywood
11-18-2011, 11:45 AM
This game will come down to the intensity level the Lions will bring. A really solid team when they play as a unit. If they come out with high intensity, they are hard to beat. Low intensity, struggle. They were leading AW at the half then went flat in the second half. Strange season.

With the addition of #6 at RB, it's helped open up some things in the running game. Bwd can pound the ball. 3 RB's and a QB that not only is a decent passer but is a good runner as well.

BW by 14+

ccmom
11-18-2011, 11:51 AM
This game will come down to the intensity level the Lions will bring. A really solid team when they play as a unit. If they come out with high intensity, they are hard to beat. Low intensity, struggle. They were leading AW at the half then went flat in the second half. Strange season.

With the addition of #6 at RB, it's helped open up some things in the running game. Bwd can pound the ball. 3 RB's and a QB that not only is a decent passer but is a good runner as well.

BW by 14+

So Stephens is playing for sure???

BEAST
11-18-2011, 11:52 AM
So Stephens is playing for sure???

I havent heard 100% either way.

BEAST

GrTigers6
11-18-2011, 11:54 AM
So Stephens is playing for sure???I hope so, Dont want any excuses! :D:taunt::wave:

GrTigers6
11-18-2011, 11:55 AM

GR by 14+:iagree:
Oh and I fixed it for ya :D

hollywood
11-18-2011, 11:59 AM
:iagree:
Brownwood is truly #1:cheerl:

LOL... fixed it for ya.

GrTigers6
11-18-2011, 12:00 PM
LOL... fixed it for ya.We could do this all day :D

Bullaholic
11-18-2011, 12:03 PM
I really like the Glen Rose folks---but it is time to be brutally honest---I don't think the Tigers have enough "D" to stay with, and beat Brownwood. I say Lions by 10+, but it not like the Tigers don't have a chance if their offense can really "clicK" and not get behind.

BullBoy
11-18-2011, 01:32 PM
Brownwood by 14
http://i1198.photobucket.com/albums/aa448/bulls06/fail-owned-lion-fail11.jpg

Rocket
11-18-2011, 02:06 PM
Brownwood is peaking right on time... Come get some Glen Rose.

Bullaholic
11-18-2011, 02:10 PM

Kinda tame for you, ain't it? :D If the Lions win this one you going to get with it? :D

OldNavy
11-18-2011, 02:32 PM
Kinda tame for you, ain't it? :D If the Lions win this one you going to get with it? :D

Thought I read he was going smackless and enjoying it more!

hollywood
11-18-2011, 02:38 PM

So are you here tonight or waiting on next week vs Monahans/Estacado winner?

hollywood
11-18-2011, 02:42 PM
I really like the Glen Rose folks---but it is time to be brutally honest---I don't think the Tigers have enough "D" to stay with, and beat Brownwood. I say Lions by 10+, but it not like the Tigers don't have a chance if their offense can really "clicK" and not get behind.

Good call. ;)

So are you saying that you expect Brownwood's "D" being better than Bridgeport's? 'Cause there was basically NO "D" in last weeks game. :D

Bullaholic
11-18-2011, 02:51 PM
Good call. ;)

So are you saying that you expect Brownwood's "D" being better than Bridgeport's? 'Cause there was basically NO "D" in last weeks game. :D

No, I'm saying that Glen Rose's "D" was like ours last week---game, but unable to make any stops...

hollywood
11-18-2011, 02:58 PM
No, I'm saying that Glen Rose's "D" was like ours last week---game, but unable to make any stops...

Okay, then you are expecting another shoot out?

Bullaholic
11-18-2011, 03:02 PM
Okay, then you are expecting another shoot out?

Hollywood--it could go that way if the Lion "D" is not truly that much better than Bridgeport's or Glen Rose's, and in all honesty, I believe they are more solid against both the run and the pass---therefore my prediction for a 10+ Lion win.

Rocket
11-18-2011, 03:45 PM
So are you here tonight or waiting on next week vs Monahans/Estacado winner?

I have been so busy lately that it has been hard for me to make any long trips. I will be at the game next week.

GrTigers6
11-18-2011, 03:54 PM
No, I'm saying that Glen Rose's "D" was like ours last week---game, but unable to make any stops...I am willing to bet that our D has a much better game even though they didnt play bad last week. Struggled a little getting off the field. But we should make more stops and hopefully control the tempo more instead of wide open!
Good Luck to all the Lion fans and lets have a meet and greet at the field house end of the stadium at halftime!. See ya there!

hollywood
11-18-2011, 04:12 PM
Hollywood--it could go that way if the Lion "D" is not truly that much better than Bridgeport's or Glen Rose's, and in all honesty, I believe they are more solid against both the run and the pass---therefore my prediction for a 10+ Lion win.

Thanks for clarifying Bullaholic. I knew you were a good sport. :D

Only 4 hours until kickoff!!

Bullaholic
11-18-2011, 05:01 PM
I am willing to bet that our D has a much better game even though they didnt play bad last week. Struggled a little getting off the field. But we should make more stops and hopefully control the tempo more instead of wide open!
Good Luck to all the Lion fans and lets have a meet and greet at the field house end of the stadium at halftime!. See ya there!

If you can do that enough times, GrT, your offense is good enough to win for you. Best of luck to the Tigers, also. Safe trip, and no injuries...

mick5302
11-18-2011, 05:35 PM
The #1 reason GlenRose is even in the playoffs is the new QB. Coach finally has a solid QB, forced on him by injury, a QB that can actually see the field. Go Colton!!

GrTigers6
11-18-2011, 06:15 PM
Thanks for clarifying Bullaholic. I knew you were a good sport. :D

Only 4 hours until kickoff!!2 hours now

LIONS#1
11-18-2011, 06:59 PM
almost there gonna be a good'um GO LIONS!!

BullsFan
11-18-2011, 11:29 PM
Sorry, Glen Rose. I was rooting for you guys. :(

LionFan72
11-19-2011, 12:26 AM
Could have gone either way, sorry GR6, but the Lions are on a mission! Jell in the playoffs, and take it to them! Grrrrreat game Lions! Both teams seemed to peak at the end of regular season.

Bosqueville
11-19-2011, 12:28 AM
I am so proud of this Lion TEAM! They could have packed this season in. They're playing some pretty good ball now! Way to go Lions!