PDA

View Full Version : Celina vs Lovejoy

orange machine
11-12-2011, 12:56 AM
I like Celina's chances in this game and Celina will be looking for some revenge after last year.

bobcat1
11-12-2011, 08:40 AM
I think LL was down to Madison 7-3 at halftime and made adjustments and came back to win 24-7. It will be another battle.

IndianFan2012
11-12-2011, 08:53 AM
Celina has this game

bobcat1
11-12-2011, 11:49 AM
Celina has this game We felt that way last year too. Any news on where and when?

CelinaCatFan
11-12-2011, 11:52 AM
Celina and Lovejoy
Friday
7:30 pm
Frisco Memorial Stadium

Not sure which team is home yet.

bobcat1
11-12-2011, 11:54 AM
Celina and Lovejoy
Friday
7:30 pm
Frisco Memorial Stadium

Not sure which team is home yet.Is that the one where we played Van Alstyne a few years back?

marler1972
11-12-2011, 12:49 PM
yes Lovejoy is home

orange machine
11-12-2011, 01:13 PM
Hopefully Jamark will be back, I can't help but think if he would have been playing against Sanger last night it would have been much uglier for Sanger.

CMETILT
11-12-2011, 05:05 PM
Was he still out due to the ankle injury from the Commerce game?

regaleagle
11-12-2011, 05:11 PM
Celina proves what everyone suspected, again. Celina by 14.

ssgmp5150
11-12-2011, 07:57 PM
I was quite surprised to learn that all three of our district representatives (Proper, Lovejoy and Princeton) won their respective playoff games. I think that was the first playoff win for Princeton in 30-40 years. All year long I thought, excluding Prosper, that our district was weak. I guess it wasn't as weak as I thought it was. Lovejoy is down compared to recent years, but they have steadily improved all year long. However, I don't think they knock Celina out of the state playoff's two years in a row. Celina wins this ballgame, but I think it will be closer than most anticipate. Celina wins 28 to 17.

orange machine
11-12-2011, 10:49 PM
I don't know much about Lovejoy other than what people say about them being down. I think Celina wins if they can get the offense started fast. Celina's offense started so slow against Sanger and that has to stop because that will kill the Bobcats the further they get. Celina wins in a dog fight.

Leopard4Life
11-12-2011, 11:25 PM
Celina proves what everyone suspected, again. Celina by 14.

What does that mean?

Leopard4Life
11-12-2011, 11:59 PM
I was quite surprised to learn that all three of our district representatives (Proper, Lovejoy and Princeton) won their respective playoff games. I think that was the first playoff win for Princeton in 30-40 years. All year long I thought, excluding Prosper, that our district was weak. I guess it wasn't as weak as I thought it was. Lovejoy is down compared to recent years, but they have steadily improved all year long. However, I don't think they knock Celina out of the state playoff's two years in a row. Celina wins this ballgame, but I think it will be closer than most anticipate. Celina wins 28 to 17.

Thanks for supporting the district... (insert sarcasm here) I'm rooting for Prosper to win state and Princeton (which is program I am disapointed in) to make a deep run. I was rooting for Farmersville to make the playoffs over Princeton because they are a quality program. However, Princeton made the playoffs and had their first win so I will support them. I am doing my best to learning lessons from established programs and fans about supporting my team, my district and finally my superior. Last year Henderson beat Lovejoy and I was a Henderson supporter the rest of the way. Tough pill to swallow considering all that Lovejoy went through at the end of the year (i.e. gatorade-vodka). At the Lovejoy-Henderson game a small group of Celina fans showed up and sat on the Lovejoy side. That moment gave me some clarity to show some respect to my superior... perhaps you could learn the same lesson.

orange machine
11-13-2011, 03:40 AM
It should be a fun game again this year. I believe it will be a close game and again hopefully Celina's offense plays 4 quarters this week instead of 2 like they did against Sanger.

Celina 34
Lovejoy 28

Leopard4Life
11-13-2011, 10:53 AM
I don't know much about Lovejoy other than what people say about them being down. I think Celina wins if they can get the offense started fast. Celina's offense started so slow against Sanger and that has to stop because that will kill the Bobcats the further they get. Celina wins in a dog fight.

It was a dog fight last year...

ssgmp5150
11-13-2011, 11:08 AM
I have learned the same lesson....I will be at the game sitting on Celina's side! No need for further clarification...

Thanks for supporting the district... (insert sarcasm here) I'm rooting for Prosper to win state and Princeton (which is program I am disapointed in) to make a deep run. I was rooting for Farmersville to make the playoffs over Princeton because they are a quality program. However, Princeton made the playoffs and had their first win so I will support them. I am doing my best to learning lessons from established programs and fans about supporting my team, my district and finally my superior. Last year Henderson beat Lovejoy and I was a Henderson supporter the rest of the way. Tough pill to swallow considering all that Lovejoy went through at the end of the year (i.e. gatorade-vodka). At the Lovejoy-Henderson game a small group of Celina fans showed up and sat on the Lovejoy side. That moment gave me some clarity to show some respect to my superior... perhaps you could learn the same lesson.

RPF2666
11-13-2011, 11:10 AM
It was, and Celina expects another one. The defense played very well Friday night,
and will need to be even better this week.

Buckeye80
11-13-2011, 11:44 AM
Celina 43
Lovejoy 17

Leopard4Life
11-13-2011, 02:27 PM
I have learned the same lesson....I will be at the game sitting on Celina's side! No need for further clarification...

Obviously you didn't...

Eagle2
11-14-2011, 11:56 AM
Should be a great game by two great programs. If I had to pick I'd say Celina gets em this year but both programs are strong. Good luck and stay healthy!

MoveInDad
11-14-2011, 03:05 PM
As OM said, much of the outcome will rely on the Celina offense - if they play smart, limit turnovers and sustain drives, I think the D keeps them in the game and they'll take another step forward - nothing new there I suppose. Above all, hoping for an entertaining game with no injuries on either side, and another week of Bobcat football.
cheers

CHS_89
11-14-2011, 05:17 PM
In my opinion after watching Sanger vs. Celina...The Bobcats defense is one of the better defenses I have seen in Celina and I feel it is a better defense than last year's Bobcats. Celina put a lot of pressure on Sanger and basically shut down a very good QB. Celina also did well against the run with exception to two long runs by the Sanger QB. Celina has faced some great spread teams this year and faired well. It all depends on how well Lovejoy is able to deal with the Bobcat rushing attack. Celina also has a passing game, but did not need it against Sanger. The difference this year is Celina's dual threat QB and a strong running game. If #33 is playing, I would venture to say that Lovejoy will have a tough time stopping the run. With that said, I say Celina 42 and Lovejoy 14. My $.02...Good luck both teams!

Twirling Time
11-14-2011, 11:40 PM
Celina gets over the hump this time, like they did against Italy in the 90s and Liberty Hill last decade.

I think Celina's Waterloo will be against either Henderson or Lindale the following week. Lindale (like Lovejoy) is headed to 4A and Henderson is a biscuit away from it.

BILLYFRED0000
11-15-2011, 08:23 AM
In my opinion after watching Sanger vs. Celina...The Bobcats defense is one of the better defenses I have seen in Celina and I feel it is a better defense than last year's Bobcats. Celina put a lot of pressure on Sanger and basically shut down a very good QB. Celina also did well against the run with exception to two long runs by the Sanger QB. Celina has faced some great spread teams this year and faired well. It all depends on how well Lovejoy is able to deal with the Bobcat rushing attack. Celina also has a passing game, but did not need it against Sanger. The difference this year is Celina's dual threat QB and a strong running game. If #33 is playing, I would venture to say that Lovejoy will have a tough time stopping the run. With that said, I say Celina 42 and Lovejoy 14. My $.02...Good luck both teams!

Yes I agree. The O started slowly but I think did ok considering one of our best if not our best running back did not even play a down. I watched him some and he seemed ok but i think the coaches believed we could handle the game and save Jamarick.
(at least I hope that is what it was). If Jamarick is near full strength and plays then we will play better on the O side of the ball against LL. Nice job Bobcats.

CHS_89
11-15-2011, 08:39 AM
Yes I agree. The O started slowly but I think did ok considering one of our best if not our best running back did not even play a down. I watched him some and he seemed ok but i think the coaches believed we could handle the game and save Jamarick.
(at least I hope that is what it was). If Jamarick is near full strength and plays then we will play better on the O side of the ball against LL. Nice job Bobcats.

I was impressed with #21. He is a Soph. We have a good little running back that will be a freshman next year. Our QB play will only get better. I like our chances against LL.

bobcat1
11-15-2011, 08:33 PM
21 is awesome. Our entire O-line is coming back minus one next year. Lookin' great next 2-3 years for sure. Still Lovejoy is Friday. They will be playing like last year. Our D needs to play lights out and the O needs to limit mistakes and HOLD on to the ball.

marler1972
11-15-2011, 09:03 PM
we are losing 2 o-line Lavey, hambrick....

turbostud
11-15-2011, 09:06 PM
whats the latest with Jordan Roos?

marler1972
11-15-2011, 09:13 PM
working hard wants to be back for track season.

regaleagle
11-15-2011, 09:31 PM
So are you guys gonna be reconfigured to our District 9 next year?? What's the lowdown on that, anyway?

bobcat1
11-15-2011, 11:21 PM
we are losing 2 o-line Lavey, hambrick....OOPS! Forgot about Lavey.

OldNavy
11-16-2011, 08:09 AM
So are you guys gonna be reconfigured to our District 9 next year?? What's the lowdown on that, anyway?
With Van Alstyne and Whitesboro moving down, and Lovejoy and Prosper moving up, that doesn't leave enough teams to fill out districts 9 and 10. Matthew328 posted a mock alignment that had us together in district 8 in region 1. His districts 8 and 9 looked like this:
Region 1
District 8-3A
Gainesville
Sanger 722
Argyle 668
Aubrey 515
Krum 455
Celina 587

Region 2
District 9-3A
Princeton 887
Frisco Lone Star 825
Anna 564
Nevada Community 481
Melissa 465
Farmersville 441

Of course no one knows what the UIL will do, this makes some sense. Matthew's alignment left out Graham in Region 1 and Canton in Region 2 and those schools could change things. Additionally, the UIL could pick up teams like Liberty Hill from region 3 and place them in region 1, as they did the alingment before last. We will know the first week in February.

MoveInDad
11-17-2011, 07:02 PM
How about some chatter regarding the game this Friday... enough about next February! ;0) With almost twice the enrollment LL has a lot of boys to pick from and I hear they have a much bigger line than Celina, with a hoss carrying the rock. Are they going to grind it out on the ground, or do they have a passing game as well?
Jeesh, are Celina fans mum cause we're more than a bit nervous, or is it a case of quiet confidence? Orrrr, perhaps, mutually respectful fans of both, have figured out that since the actual game is what determines the better team, no message board, chest-thumping is required.
If that's the case, shhhh! Don't tell the Devine fans, cause they're having way too much fun... I think they've already started threads for their next 2 games ;0)

orange machine
11-17-2011, 08:28 PM
I for one don't know what to expect. Hopefully the defense shows up again and the offense can do a lot better than last years game.

garciap77
11-17-2011, 09:55 PM
Celina by 3 TDs!

bobcat1
11-17-2011, 10:59 PM
Celina by 3 TDs!Sounds about right but ya never know...... Could be 5 TD's

orange machine
11-17-2011, 11:11 PM
If the offense gets going in this game celina will destroy LJ. If they don't we could see a another quick exit like last year.

garciap77
11-17-2011, 11:21 PM
Sounds about right but ya never know...... Could be 5 TD's

OK Let just say Celina by 7 Tds! Good luck tomorrow night!

regaleagle
11-17-2011, 11:43 PM
The way I see it, Celina will definitely show up ready to play a big-time game. The question is Lovejoy. What can you expect from them this time of year. They are the type of team this is scary. They have players and talent, have had injuries and then went on to finish a tough season in good standing, and now they are quiet as a church mouse. To me that's scary. I know what this team is capable of with all hands on deck. I'm thinking it won't matter as long as Celina brings its 'A' game. Could be interesting, though. With Lovejoy, one has to be wary. Good luck to both teams. This will be a 'hard-hitting' football fandango.

Leopard4Life
11-17-2011, 11:46 PM
How about some chatter regarding the game this Friday... enough about next February! ;0) With almost twice the enrollment LL has a lot of boys to pick from and I hear they have a much bigger line than Celina, with a hoss carrying the rock. Are they going to grind it out on the ground, or do they have a passing game as well?
Jeesh, are Celina fans mum cause we're more than a bit nervous, or is it a case of quiet confidence? Orrrr, perhaps, mutually respectful fans of both, have figured out that since the actual game is what determines the better team, no message board, chest-thumping is required.
If that's the case, shhhh! Don't tell the Devine fans, cause they're having way too much fun... I think they've already started threads for their next 2 games ;0)

It would be great if LL could pick from the pool of athletes, unfortunately that’s not even close to the case. Celina has almost every available male athlete go out for football, LL has almost all single sport athletes. A few lower classmen play a multiple sports but by the time they are juniors/seniors they are forced to choose.
I seriously doubt that LL has a bigger line than Celina, I’m expecting Celina to have a big size advantage on the line.
Yes, LL does have a hoss carrying the rock. He had a nagging injury pre-season but seems to be a lot healthier now. He was a North/South runner as a sophomore and was 11-3A newcomer of the year last year and wasn’t utilized near enough.
Yes they are going to grind it out. They don’t have a great passing game but if the teams over commit of the run with too many in the box they will make them pay.
I can’t speak for Celina fans being quiet this year. I do know there is page after page of Celina fans giving themselves the win a week or two before the first snap was taken.

Leopard4Life
11-17-2011, 11:47 PM
Sounds about right but ya never know...... Could be 5 TD's

Could be. Or it could be a whole lot of crow, again...

bobcat1
11-18-2011, 06:03 AM
Could be. Or it could be a whole lot of crow, again...That's why I put the word "Could".:taunt:Here's to an injury free game with good sportsmanship on both sides. Time to go for what ya know Bobcats!

RPF2666
11-18-2011, 06:28 AM
It would be great if LL could pick from the pool of athletes, unfortunately that’s not even close to the case. Celina has almost every available male athlete go out for football, LL has almost all single sport athletes. A few lower classmen play a multiple sports but by the time they are juniors/seniors they are forced to choose.
I seriously doubt that LL has a bigger line than Celina, I’m expecting Celina to have a big size advantage on the line.
Yes, LL does have a hoss carrying the rock. He had a nagging injury pre-season but seems to be a lot healthier now. He was a North/South runner as a sophomore and was 11-3A newcomer of the year last year and wasn’t utilized near enough.
Yes they are going to grind it out. They don’t have a great passing game but if the teams over commit of the run with too many in the box they will make them pay.
I can’t speak for Celina fans being quiet this year. I do know there is page after page of Celina fans giving themselves the win a week or two before the first snap was taken. Talk is cheap, especially when young men are involved. Both teams will show up well prepared. I'm thinking a quick start by either will dictate what happens. Go Bobcats!

BILLYFRED0000
11-18-2011, 08:43 AM
Talk is cheap, especially when young men are involved. Both teams will show up well prepared. I'm thinking a quick start by either will dictate what happens. Go Bobcats!

I have not seen lovejoy play. but I have seen some of whom they have played. Paris in particular. Paris beat them early in the year 34-21 about the same time we beat Paris 41-22. Paris scored most against our 2's and 3's. Game was not that close. LL achilles heel is their defense. If both teams play to form it will be a tough hard hitting game but the scores should not be that close. Celina should score 40. and hold LL to 20 give or take. at least that is what I call. That being said, those boys better show up to play. This is a team that put us out of the playoffs last year. Do not take them for granted. It is win or go home.

Leopard4Life
11-18-2011, 09:03 AM
Talk is cheap, especially when young men are involved. Both teams will show up well prepared. I'm thinking a quick start by either will dictate what happens. Go Bobcats!

Are you saying my talk is cheap, or the page after page of talk last year?

BILLYFRED0000
11-18-2011, 09:14 AM

I think he means it as a level of respect. We can talk all we want but the boys play it out on the field. Never take any team for granted. We have a lot of respect for LL.

CHS_89
11-18-2011, 09:19 AM

I think what he is saying is anyone (parent, fan, etc) can get on this board and type anything they want, but it is the young men on the field who decide the outcome of the game. I say Celina wins, but not by 5 TD's. And, I don't believe you can judge the talent of a team during the first part of the season. Most teams get better during the season and the coaches make adjustments. This Celina Defense is one of the fastest I have seen. Will be a good game. Good luck to all involved.

gatordaze
11-18-2011, 09:33 AM
I have not seen lovejoy play. but I have seen some of whom they have played. Paris in particular. Paris beat them early in the year 34-21 about the same time we beat Paris 41-22. Paris scored most against our 2's and 3's. Game was not that close. LL achilles heel is their defense. If both teams play to form it will be a tough hard hitting game but the scores should not be that close. Celina should score 40. and hold LL to 20 give or take. at least that is what I call. That being said, those boys better show up to play. This is a team that put us out of the playoffs last year. Do not take them for granted. It is win or go home.

The biggest disadvantage Celina has in D1 is depth. Don't be fooled by 95 kids on the Celina sideline that does not equal playoff depth. There are 3-4 kids that are really irreplaceable if Celina hopes to advance. Last week Sanger became chippy and my biggest fear was that it might escalate into an ejection. If that were to happen to a key starter it would have been the equivalent of Sanger winning the game as Celina cannot lose any of their core players.

If Celina where to lose 3 of their starters like LL did last year they most likely would be out of the playoffs. The boys know that and last year when those kids got kicked off the team they made the mistake of assuming that LL would be impacted the same as they would. They came out overconfident and flat. LL had kids step up and the rest is history.

That mistake will not be made again. Celina knows that each team in D1 has depth and that to win they will need to be in better condition and avoid injury. LL caught them sleeping on the game last year. I can tell by the comments at breakfast this morning that they are wide awake this time around. I think they learned their lesson.

LL may still have more talent across the board, but these Bobcats are ready for vengeance!

BILLYFRED0000
11-18-2011, 09:44 AM
Thanks Gator for the input. I enjoyed watching the boys last week. both of your young men played very well. I got the impression for this game from watching practice that the boys are refusing to look any further than this game. they were crisp and pumped. I hope both teams play well and there are no injuries. We will need all of the boys to be successful.

Leopard4Life
11-18-2011, 09:49 AM
The biggest disadvantage Celina has in D1 is depth. Don't be fooled by 95 kids on the Celina sideline that does not equal playoff depth. There are 3-4 kids that are really irreplaceable if Celina hopes to advance. Last week Sanger became chippy and my biggest fear was that it might escalate into an ejection. If that were to happen to a key starter it would have been the equivalent of Sanger winning the game as Celina cannot lose any of their core players.

If Celina where to lose 3 of their starters like LL did last year they most likely would be out of the playoffs. The boys know that and last year when those kids got kicked off the team they made the mistake of assuming that LL would be impacted the same as they would. They came out overconfident and flat. LL had kids step up and the rest is history.

That mistake will not be made again. Celina knows that each team in D1 has depth and that to win they will need to be in better condition and avoid injury. LL caught them sleeping on the game last year. I can tell by the comments at breakfast this morning that they are wide awake this time around. I think they learned their lesson.

LL may still have more talent across the board, but these Bobcats are ready for vengeance!

Last year Lovejoy probably had more depth. Not this year... We have been bit by the injury bug all year and we are very thin. We brought up some JV players and they have done a good job against some weaker opponents, I don't think they are ready for a team of Celina's caliber. If things go Lovejoy's way on some key possesions they will be in this game, if things don't play out for them this could be a 2-3 TD game in Celina's favor. I guess that's why we play the game. Weather isn't as cold as last year, but the wind will still be up.

Here is tonight's weather report. Weather.com: Partly cloudy early followed by cloudy skies overnight. Low 58F. Winds S at 10 to 20 mph.

Looks like each team will have the wind at their back for a half.

gatordaze
11-18-2011, 10:01 AM
Last year Lovejoy probably had more depth. Not this year... We have been bit by the injury bug all year and we are very thin. We brought up some JV players and they have done a good job against some weaker opponents, I don't think they are ready for a team of Celina's caliber. If things go Lovejoy's way on some key possesions they will be in this game, if things don't play out for them this could be a 2-3 TD game in Celina's favor. I guess that's why we play the game. Weather isn't as cold as last year, but the wind will still be up.

Here is tonight's weather report. Weather.com: Partly cloudy early followed by cloudy skies overnight. Low 58F. Winds S at 10 to 20 mph.

Looks like each team will have the wind at their back for a half.

Except that Frisco Memorial runs east and west! Cross winds favor the running team. I hope we can run a bit tonight ;-)

RPF2666
11-18-2011, 10:02 AM

Looks like each team will have the wind at their back for a half. Out of the South will be a crosswind @ Memorial... AND, I wasn't saying your talk was cheap. My Celina cohorts explained what I meant very well...

Celina 35- Lovejoy 17

Go Bobcats!

Farmersfan
11-18-2011, 10:09 AM
I'm predicting Celina wins this game pretty convincingly. I can't see Lovejoy hanging with Celina very long after they barely escaped with a 7 point win over a very, very average Farmersville team in their own intimidating 5A size stadium. Even though the Farmers had 4 turnovers (one in the Lovejoy redzone) the Leopards only managed only 21 points and 260 total yards. The Celina defense should contain them pretty easily. With that being said, Lovejoy has certainly shown they can step up when the playoffs start and beat some pretty good teams. Good luck to both teams!

MoveInDad
11-18-2011, 10:31 AM
I for one don't know what to expect. Hopefully the defense shows up again and the offense can do a lot better than last years game.
Or the year before... sorry had to mention it, though its still painful to recall.

RPF2666
11-18-2011, 10:34 AM
If Celina hangs onto the football tonight we will be ok. If we put it on the ground, or don't catch passes that we get
both hands on, it could be interesting.

SHSBulldog00
11-18-2011, 10:35 AM
Bobcats by 17

Leopard4Life
11-18-2011, 10:44 AM
I'm predicting Celina wins this game pretty convincingly. I can't see Lovejoy hanging with Celina very long after they barely escaped with a 7 point win over a very, very average Farmersville team in their own intimidating 5A size stadium. Even though the Farmers had 4 turnovers (one in the Lovejoy redzone) the Leopards only managed only 21 points and 260 total yards. The Celina defense should contain them pretty easily. With that being said, Lovejoy has certainly shown they can step up when the playoffs start and beat some pretty good teams. Good luck to both teams!

I believe Lovejoy's QB was injured in the first half and didn't play the second. The QB went both ways as CB, and we lost another 2 CB's to injury. Farmersville was able to pass on our 3rd string secondary. Lovejoy made some DL adjustments to bring more pressure and brought up some secondary from JV. Without our starting QB our offense did OK, however with only one starter in our secondary Farmersville was able to go over the top. Lovejoy also sat a few kids for disciplinary reasons. As far as I know most of the players that are coming back are back, we have at least a few pre-season starters that have had season ending injuries.

I'm not disagreeing with anyone. One paper Celina should win this game. Good thing for Lovejoy that games aren't played on paper.

Good luck to both teams and hopefully none of the boys get hurt.

MesquiteFan
11-18-2011, 11:23 AM

Have to agree with Leopard4Life about the Farmersville game. The offense was as vanilla as I've ever seen out of Lovejoy in the second half of that game. They didn't throw the ball once, and the secondary was indeed thrashed because of people playing out of position. But as they do most of the time, Lovejoy overcame that adversity to win the game.

If I were Celina, I'd be watching out for a young man named Hiram Muhammed tonight. He was moved to defensive end from DT three weeks ago. He had 5.5 sacks last week against Madison. Going to take more than one guy to block him.

Should be another interesting and very physical game. If you can't be there, tune us in. sportsgram.net

gatordaze
11-18-2011, 11:50 AM
Have to agree with Leopard4Life about the Farmersville game. The offense was as vanilla as I've ever seen out of Lovejoy in the second half of that game. They didn't throw the ball once, and the secondary was indeed thrashed because of people playing out of position. But as they do most of the time, Lovejoy overcame that adversity to win the game.

If I were Celina, I'd be watching out for a young man named Hiram Muhammed tonight. He was moved to defensive end from DT three weeks ago. He had 5.5 sacks last week against Madison. Going to take more than one guy to block him.

Should be another interesting and very physical game. If you can't be there, tune us in. sportsgram.net

The guy that he is up against tonight has a few skins on his wall as well. Should be fun to watch.

MesquiteFan
11-18-2011, 11:53 AM
The guy that he is up against tonight has a few skins on his wall as well. Should be fun to watch.

No doubts about that. The Lovejoy coaches told me they expect this to be the most physical game they will play all year. Can't wait for two good teams to go at it for 48 minutes!

MoveInDad
11-18-2011, 12:05 PM
Hey Gator, I'm assuming #33 is back in action tonight, is that right? The way he was moving around on the sideline last week he looked like he could have gone in if necessary... for a while I thought it was.

MoveInDad
11-18-2011, 12:38 PM
Hey Gator, I'm assuming #33 is back in action tonight, is that right? The way he was moving around on the sideline last week he looked like he could have gone in if necessary... for a while I thought it was.
Disregard.

BILLYFRED0000
11-18-2011, 02:14 PM

Aint' that the truth..... I am really getting pumped up. Nothing like Playoff football.

Farmersfan
11-18-2011, 04:28 PM
I believe Lovejoy's QB was injured in the first half and didn't play the second. The QB went both ways as CB, and we lost another 2 CB's to injury. Farmersville was able to pass on our 3rd string secondary. Lovejoy made some DL adjustments to bring more pressure and brought up some secondary from JV. Without our starting QB our offense did OK, however with only one starter in our secondary Farmersville was able to go over the top. Lovejoy also sat a few kids for disciplinary reasons. As far as I know most of the players that are coming back are back, we have at least a few pre-season starters that have had season ending injuries.

I'm not disagreeing with anyone. One paper Celina should win this game. Good thing for Lovejoy that games aren't played on paper.

Good luck to both teams and hopefully none of the boys get hurt.

I didn't go to the F'ville vs Lovejoy game so can't really respond to what happened to the Leopards. I can look at the common opponents for both Lovejoy/Farmersville and see that Lovejoy is about a 1 TD better team.

F'ville vs Frisco= +21
LL vs Frisco = +25

F'vill vs Community = +21
Lovejoy vs Community= +28

F'ville vs Prosper = -37
Lovejoy vs Prosper= -36

F'ville vs Princeton = -2 (Farmers missed 4 extra points or would have won by 3)
Lovejoy vs Princeton= +7

This is the entire district schedule! I think it certainly represents what Lovejoy is...................... Good luck to both teams tonight. I wish I was going.

Leopard4Life
11-18-2011, 05:27 PM
I didn't go to the F'ville vs Lovejoy game so can't really respond to what happened to the Leopards. I can look at the common opponents for both Lovejoy/Farmersville and see that Lovejoy is about a 1 TD better team.

F'ville vs Frisco= +21
LL vs Frisco = +25

F'vill vs Community = +21
Lovejoy vs Community= +28

F'ville vs Prosper = -37
Lovejoy vs Prosper= -36

F'ville vs Princeton = -2 (Farmers missed 4 extra points or would have won by 3)
Lovejoy vs Princeton= +7

This is the entire district schedule! I think it certainly represents what Lovejoy is...................... Good luck to both teams tonight. I wish I was going.

What Lovejoy is.... is in the 2nd round of the playoffs. What F'ville is...... is playing basketball. Lovejoy plays Celina tonight. Celina is heavily favored, as they should be.