PDA

View Full Version : Devine Warhorses Vs Liberty Hill Panthers

Pages : [1] 2

warhorsejoe
11-12-2011, 12:37 AM
Gotta go with my Warhorses in this one. Please post location when known.

Sportshack
11-12-2011, 01:39 AM
After seeing how well Taylor played and the success of Lampasas and Liberty Hill....District 25-3A deserves another look. Perhaps District 26-3A not so strong. However, I have a sneaking suspicion that LH is going to defeat Warhorses.

Tx Challenge
11-12-2011, 01:48 AM
LH rolls.

IndianFan2012
11-12-2011, 08:45 AM
Wrahorses!

Hill Man
11-12-2011, 08:49 AM
When and Where?

warhorsejoe
11-12-2011, 08:53 AM
When and Where?

thats what I'm waiting on.:cheerl:

LHHS_Mom
11-12-2011, 09:25 AM
I won't find out for another couple hours... but
GO PANTHERS!:D

SintonFan_inAustin
11-12-2011, 10:26 AM
Devine offense has been rolling all year long with Sadler leading the way.

Devine 42 Liberty Hill 34

LH Panther Mom
11-12-2011, 10:56 AM
When and Where?
Friday, 7:30, Dub Farris Athletic Complex, SA

SHSBulldog00
11-12-2011, 11:07 AM
I'm going to need some more time to decide on my pick.

Los Owls
11-12-2011, 11:11 AM
Have to go with SADLER and his Horses...:1popcorn:

lbjacj
11-12-2011, 11:12 AM
I'm going to need some more time to decide on my pick.

Can we vote for both teams?:)

Hill Man
11-12-2011, 11:21 AM
Friday, 7:30, Dub Farris Athletic Complex, SA

Nice stadium..and close to home.. LH has won there before.. I will be there.

WARHORSE84
11-12-2011, 11:34 AM
Both dominant running teams that will go at it. Go Horses!!!!!!!!!!!!:cheerl:

LH Panther Mom
11-12-2011, 11:39 AM
Nice stadium..and close to home.. LH has won there before.. I will be there.
Yay! I was hoping you'd be able to make it! It will be good to see you again!

LH = home = rocking the purple!

WARHORSE84
11-12-2011, 11:59 AM
Who is the Home team?

LHPfactory
11-12-2011, 12:04 PM
Good game last night, I enjoyed the deck in the stands, I was able to follow the line of scrimmage, we need one of those in our new stadium.

LH is getting better by the game, I will be in SA to catch this one as well.

Did anyone make it to Road House and try the green chili fries?, I was looking forward to them, but didnt get on the road in time.

I pick LH to win this one as well. LH D can handle a good running back.

YTBulldogs
11-12-2011, 12:47 PM
Devine wins in one of the quickest games of the year, so get there early, 28-21.

LH Panther Mom
11-12-2011, 01:13 PM
Who is the Home team?

LH = home = rocking the purple!
^^^^^^^^^^

BLEEDZGREEN
11-12-2011, 01:44 PM
Devine by 10

Los Owls
11-12-2011, 01:47 PM
Who is the Home team?

Devine is visitors...

LHHS_Mom
11-12-2011, 04:46 PM
I remember that stadium now and I'll definately be leaving early again :D

LH Panther Mom
11-12-2011, 04:48 PM
I remember that stadium now and I'll definately be leaving early again :D
It's :ack!: :crazy1: :doh: to get to!!!!!!!

warhorsejoe
11-12-2011, 04:49 PM
It's :ack!: :crazy1: :doh: to get to!!!!!!!

:iagree:

Purple Rain
11-12-2011, 05:11 PM
Good game last night, I enjoyed the deck in the stands, I was able to follow the line of scrimmage, we need one of those in our new stadium.

LH is getting better by the game, I will be in SA to catch this one as well.

Did anyone make it to Road House and try the green chili fries?, I was looking forward to them, but didnt get on the road in time.

I pick LH to win this one as well. LH D can handle a good running back.

I don't like track stadiums for watching football but I too was in the upper deck at about the 40 yard line and had a great view (even had a back rest!!!). Both teams executed the slot-t well and even with the great view I lost track of who was carrying the ball a couple of times.

No green chili fries for me either:crying:

Congrats LH! It should be a great game this Friday against a very talented Devine squad.

wimbo_pro
11-12-2011, 07:03 PM
Liberty Hill CAN win this game. I hope they do.

Los Owls
11-12-2011, 07:54 PM
I think Liberty Hill has won 2 games in a row over Devine...2003 and 2004..Will see if the streak ends Friday night with Sadler in town...Will be there for this one...:1popcorn:

warhorsejoe
11-13-2011, 01:18 PM
I remember when there was a lot of Liberty Hill fans posting on here. Where did they all go? I've been the only one here since I can remember. Liberty Hill last win was in 2005 21-17 with a controversial call on a TD that we scored and did not count and of could of won that game. I could be wrong but I was at that game and I feft like we let one get away that year.

LH Panther Mom
11-13-2011, 01:58 PM
I remember when there was a lot of Liberty Hill fans posting on here. Where did they all go?
Life, I think, has gotten some of them. It's even cut down, somewhat my time on here.

Liberty Hill last win was in 2005 21-17 with a controversial call on a TD that we scored and did not count and of could of won that game. I could be wrong but I was at that game and I feft like we let one get away that year.
I don't remember all the details of the game, but did confirm the final score. I do remember that Devine had some beastly DL players. The main thing I recall is Casey Kociuba getting hurt, in what would be the end of his HS career. That injury, along with a couple of others that had been nursing injuries (Matt Escamilla, for one) knocked out the mental edge of that year's team. :(

I expect you'll see more LH folks as the week goes on. I'm kind of disappointed in DD11 & his quietness. ;)

LH Panther Mom
11-13-2011, 02:13 PM
Have to go with SADLER and his Horses...:1popcorn:
So who does Devine have besides Sadler? Seven points to break one of Kenneth Hall's records???? :eek: :eek:

I just hope our defense is worthy of such an opponent. ;)

warhorsejoe
11-13-2011, 03:34 PM
Our second back is a junior and has about 800 yards and a hand full of TDs. I wana say maybe 12 TDs. Our 3rd back about 500 yards and about 7TDs.

warhorsejoe
11-13-2011, 03:46 PM
I could be wrong about the yards on both total yards but give or take 100 yards. I've been drinking some of that wimberley kool aid. Lol. Nice day to be bbqing.

LH Panther Mom
11-13-2011, 03:53 PM
I've been drinking some of that wimberley kool aid. Lol. Nice day to be bbqing.
Boone's Farm Tickled Pink...I mean Red? :D

Tejastrue
11-13-2011, 04:00 PM
It's nice that no matter what, you guys are always thinking about us....:inlove:

warhorsejoe
11-13-2011, 04:03 PM
It's nice that no matter what you guys are always thinking about us....:inlove:

All the time. To be the best you gotta beat the best.

warhorsejoe
11-13-2011, 04:44 PM
Both dominant running teams that will go at it. Go Horses!!!!!!!!!!!!:cheerl:

I need more of you here. (Army of One) help me out teammate.

Hill Man
11-13-2011, 04:53 PM
yep.. that area of SA, near I-10 and 1604 is a little difficult to navigate on a Friday at the end of rush hour.. I suggest the good folks from LH and Devine_to leave earlier than later to make game time.. It really stacks up there..

LHHS_Mom
11-13-2011, 05:09 PM
I am already mapping out my timeline for Friday... :D

LH Panther Mom
11-13-2011, 05:45 PM
yep.. that area of SA, near I-10 and 1604 is a little difficult to navigate on a Friday at the end of rush hour.. I suggest the good folks from LH and Devine_to leave earlier than later to make game time.. It really stacks up there..
Is it any better to cut off at Babcock & come in by Brandeis? When we played there in '06, we thought the traffic was just because of the game. The other day we went to the Regional XC meet and found out it's like that all the time.

lbjacj
11-13-2011, 06:06 PM
Is it any better to cut off at Babcock & come in by Brandeis? When we played there in '06, we thought the traffic was just because of the game. The other day we went to the Regional XC meet and found out it's like that all the time.

Liberty Hill fans take 281 south. Turn right on 473 . Go to Kendalia and turn left(only Highway to the left)takes you to I-10 between Boerne and loop 1604. Go left on 10 then right on 1604.Take the turnaround at Bandera Rd and you are there. Good luck!

LH Panther Mom
11-13-2011, 06:38 PM
Liberty Hill fans take 281 south. Turn right on 473 . Go to Kendalia and turn left(only Highway to the left)takes you to I-10 between Boerne and loop 1604. Go left on 10 then right on 1604.Take the turnaround at Bandera Rd and you are there. Good luck!
Thanks. I know how to get there. Bandera Rd turnaround is the major problem. I'm trying to avoid it & take a back way in.

Purple Rain
11-13-2011, 07:36 PM
I don't know how accurate this site is at predicting outcomes, but here's what AdjustedStats.com is showing:

Devine @ Liberty Hill Matchup Preview

Devine-----------Liberty Hill

31 Score Prediction 29

0.561 Win Probability 0.439

lbjacj
11-13-2011, 07:39 PM
Probably a little high. I'd say 24-21 either team.

Purple Rain
11-13-2011, 07:48 PM
Probably a little high. I'd say 24-21 either team.

Sounds like it could be a real challenge holding that Devine offense to as little as 24 points!!!

LHHS_Mom
11-13-2011, 08:01 PM
LHPM... from 281 turn left onto IH10 then maybe come up Hausman
which should be the backside of the stadium.... I think :eek:
I am going to study it a bit more... :D

LH Panther Mom
11-13-2011, 08:59 PM
To get to Hausman, you either have to take the turnaround @ Bandera Road or find an alternate route.

lbjacj
11-13-2011, 09:30 PM

281 is nowhere close to I-10?

pirate4state
11-13-2011, 09:36 PM
If this game weren't in such a crappy location....maybe next week. GO PANTHERS!

LHHS_Mom
11-13-2011, 09:37 PM
281 is nowhere close to I-10?

I don't remember which way I went last time... I can't remember a Bandera Road it's been so long ago... think it was that game against Rio Hondo

281 to 1604... then I-10 then hook a right onto Hausmann Road
unless the stadium is on a funky corner... :ack!:

lbjacj
11-13-2011, 10:19 PM
Who the hell are the Arabians?
Saw this on another site....
DevineWarhorses And The Arabians

AP2364
11-13-2011, 10:27 PM
Everything I have seen on Devine is about Sadler. It doesn't sound like the other backs are huge threats. That might be their demise. Do they run a tight set like the Slot T or a wider set? I'll predict LH wins by 7-10 if they run a tight set. If they run a wide set with Sadler being such a stud, I'll go with Devine by 14. Look at the Lampasas game for a potent offense against LH. We shut them down when they ran the Slot. They beat us by spreading us out. LH has developed late in the season because of Corn's injury. Johnston and Simpson have come on strong. Their patience has put us where we are now. We have 3 legitimate threats. If the QB was utilized in the running game a little more to make the LB's and SS's stay home, LH could roll on with confidence.

SHSBulldog00
11-13-2011, 10:37 PM
Considering LH beat us in 2006 and showed a strong run D which I believe may not be as strong but has improved I'm going with the Panthers. Early guess 21-14.

29-3aFAN
11-14-2011, 12:39 AM
Devine by 7

WARHORSE84
11-14-2011, 09:27 AM
Who the hell are the Arabians?
Saw this on another site....
DevineWarhorses And The Arabians

The Arabians are the girls athletic teams for Devine.:thumbsup:

jp744
11-14-2011, 09:38 AM
Devine rolls on. Liberty hill fans I hate to tell you but Lampasas does not have a guy like Sadler. Sadler is a beast to stop and the other two rb's are good to. Remember now this kid was all state last year and is about to break some records that have not ever been broken. Show some respect to the sadler express or else you will get embarassed in a beautiful stadium like Farris. I have watched this kid run wild on people and he is really good at what he does. Devine 42 Liberty Hill 21

LHHS_Mom
11-14-2011, 10:04 AM
Respect is something given to both teams.. one player does not make a team.. it is a group effort amid the boys playing :D

Sadler may very well be a good player... heck a great player :)

That being said... LH has quality kids playing too... GAME ON! :crazy::1popcorn::thumbsup:

Los Owls
11-14-2011, 10:17 AM
Respect is something given to both teams.. one player does not make a team.. it is a group effort amid the boys playing :D

That being said... LH has quality kids playing too... GAME ON! :crazy::1popcorn::thumbsup:
Both teams are good but,Sadler is who you do not want to face..Sadler and his boys advance..:clap:

Los Owls
11-14-2011, 10:22 AM
Well can't wait till Sadler breaks the scoring record of the Sugarland Express...We will be on the Future movie of Sadler and his boys...Coming to a theater near you...:1popcorn:

WARHORSE84
11-14-2011, 10:42 AM

Sadler is a gifted athlete on a good TEAM, he is the first one after every game that would tell you he could not gain the yards without TEAM blocking for him. Im looking forward to watching two good teams battle it out on Friday night.

Purple Rain
11-14-2011, 10:46 AM
To merely suggest that LH has a chance to win this game does NOT constitute disrespect. It's this type of thinking that almost caused Wimberley to exit in the first round of the playoffs

LHHS_Mom
11-14-2011, 10:46 AM
Sadler is a gifted athlete on a good TEAM, he is the first one after every game that would tell you he could not gain the yards without TEAM blocking for him. Im looking forward to watching two good teams battle it out on Friday night.

Exactly!.. I am stoked for Friday to watch two teams collide:D

This is the point where I'd be boasting about my son, but he's still contending with his injury... I am happy that he is there to support the boys on the sideline :)

Cam
11-14-2011, 11:35 AM
Devine rolls on. Liberty hill fans I hate to tell you but Lampasas does not have a guy like Sadler. Sadler is a beast to stop and the other two rb's are good to. Remember now this kid was all state last year and is about to break some records that have not ever been broken. Show some respect to the sadler express or else you will get embarassed in a beautiful stadium like Farris. I have watched this kid run wild on people and he is really good at what he does. Devine 42 Liberty Hill 21

Did you see Lampasas play this year?..just wonderin'.....they got some pretty big horses back there....specially that Secody Howard mack truck.....

Cam
11-14-2011, 11:41 AM
Liberty Hill rolls on in a close one! Pre-game jitters will hurt Devine.........then again, what do I know...I'm just a 25-3A homer tryin' to stir things up!!:stirpot:

Purple Rain
11-14-2011, 11:43 AM
Did you see Lampasas play this year?..just wonderin'.....they got some pretty big horses back there....specially that Secody Howard mack truck.....

I agree and I thought #2 Marcus Kehoe was impressive as well.

LHHS_Mom
11-14-2011, 12:21 PM
Purple Rain... L H H S!
where's a good place for food down there?... I am leaving early and camping in the parking lot:D

Daddy D 11
11-14-2011, 12:35 PM
LHPM---been very busy with all kinds of school stuff this semester. Haven't even had time to check the board regularly this year, much less make a game. Kinda hard for me to talk mess when I haven't seen the product we're throwing out there this year.

But I will say this: based on previous knowledge, Devine is most likely an under sized, slower South Texas team that revolves around 1, maybe 2 great athletes and lacks the discipline/depth on defense to stop our offense for 4 quarters. Field possession I would think would be key for us in this game on both sides of the ball. Make their main guy do it all for them 80 yards down the field every time, not 50. Of course that goes hand in hand with turnovers, so not fumbling would be ideal as well. But as long as we are making them go the length of the field, we are fine.

Purple Rain
11-14-2011, 12:40 PM
Purple Rain... L H H S!
where's a good place for food down there?... I am leaving early and camping in the parking lot:D

Sorry LHHS_Mom, I'm unfamiliar with the eateries down there

But I like your thinking about packing up the RV, leaving Thursday evening, tailgating all day Friday, come home Sat. morning and watch college football all day.

warhorsejoe
11-14-2011, 12:41 PM
According to 17 people in this board, we are the underdogs. That's fine we love it that way. No pressure! We have a surprise for y'all on Friday. Can't wait.

LHHS_Mom
11-14-2011, 01:02 PM
According to 17 people in this board, we are the underdogs. That's fine we love it that way. No pressure! We have a surprise for y'all on Friday. Can't wait.

I can't vote:eek::ack!:

Purple Rain... that is what is is sounding like... either that or leave first thing Friday morning... wonder if pizza can be delivered to the parking lot? :D

panfan
11-14-2011, 01:02 PM
Purple Rain... L H H S!

Alamo Cafe is good. There is one on 281 and another on 10. both inside the loop. Grew up down there.

Some of what I have seen from Devine videos indicates that they do rely heavily on #33. Almost looks like they run a Slot-T but not sure. Plays looked very similar to ours. It surely is a run based offense, of which we have played successfully against many. I think it will be a close game. Its hard to judge since we don't know the level of competition in their district. LH by 7

LHHS_Mom
11-14-2011, 01:07 PM
Alamo Cafe is good. There is one on 281 and another on 10. both inside the loop. Grew up down there.

Some of what I have seen from Devine videos indicates that they do rely heavily on #33. Almost looks like they run a Slot-T but not sure. Plays looked very similar to ours. It surely is a run based offense, of which we have played successfully against many. I think it will be a close game. Its hard to judge since we don't know the level of competition in their district. LH by 7

jots that down... thank you for the info!:thumbsup:
and see you Friday! :D

Cam
11-14-2011, 01:11 PM

Ah cabron!...Warhorsejoe has spoken.....not to worry Joe, it should really only be 16 votes....usually, the system doesn't let me vote cause it knows I'm full of crap!! But for some reason, this time it did... So, 16 to 11 ain't bad jack!!.....oh wait, ...now LHHSMom saids she can't vote....guess it's back to 17....never mind....
I got a feeva.....

LHHS_Mom
11-14-2011, 01:16 PM
Ah cabron!...Warhorsejoe has spoken.....not to worry Joe, it should really only be 16 votes....usually, the system doesn't let me vote cause it knows I'm full of crap!! But for some reason, this time it did... So, 16 to 11 ain't bad jack!!.....oh wait, ...now LHHSMom saids she can't vote....guess it's back to 17....never mind....
I got a feeva.....

LOL... Cam... you need some advil? some ice? :eek:
I used to be able to vote but that was prior to the recent changes... :ack!:
I could even access it from my Treo... but the advancement in technology has indicated my phone is a dinosaur... :blush:

Purple Rain
11-14-2011, 01:16 PM

panfan, post some links if any of the vids are online and if you have time.

Purple Rain
11-14-2011, 01:21 PM
I can't vote:eek::ack!:

Purple Rain... that is what is is sounding like... either that or leave first thing Friday morning... wonder if pizza can be delivered to the parking lot? :D

I've learned pizza can and will be delivered anywhere, for a price. I even talked ($$$) the pizza delivery guy into delivering a six pack of my favorite beverage with a pie one time

Cam
11-14-2011, 01:26 PM
LOL... Cam... you need some advil? some ice? :eek:
I used to be able to vote but that was prior to the recent changes... :ack!:
I could even access it from my Treo... but the advancement in technology has indicated my phone is a dinosaur... :blush:

Advil & ice....yeah, I'm already there!!! Had a re-do of a root canal last Friday...that son bitch dentist had me there 2-1/2 hours with my mouth wide open and still didn't finish!.(that almost sounded a little dirty...)...anyway, couldn't get all the old steel pins out!...so now, I gotta wait for some special pin extraction device and go back and do it all over again!!.....you would think a dental office would have one in stock......but noooo...they just want Cam to suffer....and, I still gotta feeva.....

I've not been able to post any pics on here since the change...haven't tried it lately....

Cam
11-14-2011, 01:27 PM
where's that darn Greendawg anyway??...Nascar again???....chingow!

LHHS_Mom
11-14-2011, 01:29 PM
I've learned pizza can and will be delivered anywhere, for a price. I even talked ($$$) the pizza delivery guy into delivering a six pack of my favorite beverage with a pie one time

If I had an RV I'd definately tailgate... :)
hopefully with early departure times it will cut out some of the impending waiting during the gridlock of vehicles:twitch:

panfan
11-14-2011, 01:31 PM
panfan, post some links if any of the vids are online and if you have time.

http://www.foxsanantonio.com/newsroom/sports/features/highschool/videos/vid_540.shtml

Above link shows some first half plays from Devine vs. Hondo. For others, I just googled Devine HS football and a couple of you tube vids popped up.

LHHS_Mom
11-14-2011, 01:31 PM
Advil & ice....yeah, I'm already there!!! Had a re-do of a root canal last Friday...that son bitch dentist had me there 2-1/2 hours with my mouth wide open and still didn't finish!.(that almost sounded a little dirty...)...anyway, couldn't get all the old steel pins out!...so now, I gotta wait for some special pin extraction device and go back and do it all over again!!.....you would think a dental office would have one in stock......but noooo...they just want Cam to suffer....and, I still gotta feeva.....

I've not been able to post any pics on here since the change...haven't tried it lately....

now that is a horror story!:vrycnfsd:
they get to torture you and you are paying for it!... :eek:

LOL at your other message... you slay me :D

LHHS_Mom
11-14-2011, 02:52 PM
LHPM... the map I was looking at yesterday was not as defined as the one I just looked at:ack!:
It looks like you can still go down I-10 to Hausman... then turn onto Kyle Seale Parkway... hook a turn onto
Bamberger Trail...
that might avoid the Bandera turnaround... :thumbsup:

Purple Rain
11-14-2011, 03:42 PM
http://www.foxsanantonio.com/newsroom/sports/features/highschool/videos/vid_540.shtml

Above link shows some first half plays from Devine vs. Hondo. For others, I just googled Devine HS football and a couple of you tube vids popped up.

Thanks for the link. Looks like Hondo played Devine well in the first half. Devine must have made some good 1/2 time adjustments.

Los Owls
11-14-2011, 03:58 PM
Thanks for the link. Looks like Hondo played Devine well in the first half. Devine must have made some good 1/2 time adjustments.
They did,they just gave Sadler the ball about 30 to 40 more times...LOL...

Purple Rain
11-14-2011, 04:20 PM

It looks like the Devine kickoff return team consistently did a good job of giving their O a short field but it's hard to really tell from that news channel video.

YTBulldogs
11-14-2011, 04:23 PM

LOL. Ride the horse I say:)

panfan
11-14-2011, 04:26 PM
It looks like the Devine kickoff return team consistently did a good job of giving their O a short field but it's hard to really tell from that news channel video.

Some of the other videos I looked at suggests a similar situation. Special teams will be critical, that and shutting down #33. Look where he lines up though, as an outside swing back or tailback, then its #33 to the races around the other end. DE and corners will really have to step up along with LBs. We got a couple of speed demons in the secondary though that ought to be able to slow him up. Wish I could be there to see this one.

panfan
11-14-2011, 04:29 PM
So did Hono offense struggle against devine D? I'm guessing if we can take the ball out of Sadler's hands by keeping our offense on the field, then we reduce him as a threat. All speculation though.

YTBulldogs
11-14-2011, 04:29 PM
Some of the other videos I looked at suggests a similar situation. Special teams will be critical, that and shutting down #33. Look where he lines up though, as an outside swing back or tailback, then its #33 to the races around the other end. DE and corners will really have to step up along with LBs. We got a couple of speed demons in the secondary though that ought to be able to slow him up. Wish I could be there to see this one.

If your speed demons in the secondary tackle him, he's winning. Yes, your LB'ers are the key.

panfan
11-14-2011, 04:31 PM
If your speed demons in the secondary tackle him, he's winning. Yes, your LB'ers are the key.
Yup - can't argue that much, LBs DE's gotta step up.

LHHS_Mom
11-14-2011, 04:31 PM

you won't be at the game??:eek:

YTBulldogs
11-14-2011, 04:32 PM
Yup - can't argue that much, LBs DE's gotta step up.

Love to have seen this one. Great line play, run the rock and do it over and over again. Game will be over in about 1hr, 20 min.

Devine's LB'ers are key as well, and must take on blockers and still make the tackle.

panfan
11-14-2011, 04:33 PM
you won't be at the game??:eek:
Gotta go to Boston - and my boy may get some time on the field, did last week too. Sucks.

Purple Rain
11-14-2011, 05:14 PM
LH is strong and fast on the ends and corners, so getting outside may prove difficult even for a very talented #33. I think Devine will have to beat us up the middle, so the LBs will be key

YTBulldogs
11-14-2011, 05:16 PM
LH is strong and fast on the ends and corners, so getting outside may prove difficult even for a very talented #33. I think Devine will have to beat us up the middle, so the LBs will be key

Yup, that's the key, both sides.

CHS_89
11-14-2011, 05:23 PM
As much as I like the Devine mascot name, I have to go with the Liberty Hill Panthers. Good luck all.

panfan
11-14-2011, 05:27 PM

OK - so here some numbers for ya. Over 10 games warhorses averaged ~57 points, against Sam Houston, 27. Hmmm....:thinking:

Purple Rain
11-14-2011, 05:43 PM
As much as I like the Devine mascot name, I have to go with the Liberty Hill Panthers. Good luck all.

Agree on the mascot name. Using the word "war" as part of your name is pretty cool

warhorsejoe
11-14-2011, 05:54 PM
Hmm. is right those are some big boys. Liberty Hill can key on Sadler all night long but dont forget about the other RBs. There has been Eleven other teams that keyed on him and even with that he was able to get his yards. Sam Houston was nothing but a wall of size and speed. I know for sure that Liberty Hill has nothing on Sam Houstons size but when three of those big boys are playing collage ball next year that means a lot. Devine will continue to do what has gotten us here. All that talk about fast DBs and LBs we heard all season long and seen all season long. I need to hear somthing else:sleeping:. Liberty Hill will be no different then the others. We roll on to the next round. Our "D" is not like Gonzales but we get the job done at times when we go into the 4th Qrt. we play the to our opponents strength or is it cause we let our 2nd team in or both, we'll see. Dont forget we have a surprise for y'all this Friday Night. Hints: B-Ball - Panther - starts - Season. just saying. :1popcorn:

:2thumbsup

YTBulldogs
11-14-2011, 05:58 PM
Hmm. is right those are some big boys. Liberty Hill can key on Sadler all night long but dont forget about the other RBs. There has been Eleven other teams that keyed on him and even with that he was able to get his yards. Sam Houston was nothing but a wall of size and speed. I know for sure that Liberty Hill has nothing on Sam Houstons size but when three of those big boys are playing collage ball next year that means a lot. Devine will continue to do what has gotten us here. All that talk about fast DBs and LBs we heard all season long and seen all season long. I need to hear somthing else:sleeping:. Liberty Hill will be no different then the others. We roll on to the next round. Our "D" is not like Gonzales but we get the job done at times when we go into the 4th Qrt. we play the to our opponents strength or is it cause we let our 2nd team in or both, we'll see. Dont forget we have a surprise for y'all this Friday Night. Hints: B-Ball - Panther - starts - Season. just saying. :1popcorn:

:2thumbsup

Joe, no dis-respect, and I'm picking ya'll to win. But, 9 or 10 of those other opponents you faced would get drummed by LH as well. Just saying. This will be the best team you faced this year.

panfan
11-14-2011, 06:09 PM
I know for sure that Liberty Hill has nothing on Sam Houstons size....
Maybe not, but guess we'll have to wait til Friday to find out if size is the determining factor now won't we.

Daddy D 11
11-14-2011, 06:16 PM
oh god...here we go again with all the "you've never seen what we have" and "we've seen better than what you have" crap.

warhorsejoe
11-14-2011, 06:20 PM
Joe, no dis-respect, and I'm picking ya'll to win. But, 9 or 10 of those other opponents you faced would get drummed by LH as well. Just saying. This will be the best team you faced this year.

:iagree: but we've heard it B4. Every team from here on out will be the best team we'll face. I'm NOT saying that will score 50 or better or that Sadler will have 300 yards, I'm just saying that we will win by 1 or by however many points. IMO Bandera, Medina Valley, West Oso, Somerset, Hondo and Sam Houston could beat Liberty Hill, at best would be 3-3. Just saying.

BTW non taken.:)

LH_Tuff
11-14-2011, 06:36 PM
oh god...here we go again with all the "you've never seen what we have" and "we've seen better than what you have" crap.

Yep.

Daddy D 11
11-14-2011, 06:36 PM
Couple honest questions here, would like some good, honest answers in return:

What advantages do you think overall as a team you have over LH?
What individual match ups do you feel like Devine has the upper-hand in?
Have you even seen LH play this year? Or any year for that matter?
Name a team on your schedule that's still in the playoffs?
Do you have any explanation what so ever for facing a third place team out of a seriously weak district and them holding you to under half your season average?

warhorsejoe
11-14-2011, 07:05 PM
Couple honest questions here, would like some good, honest answers in return:

What advantages do you think overall as a team you have over LH?
What individual match ups do you feel like Devine has the upper-hand in?
Have you even seen LH play this year? Or any year for that matter?
Name a team on your schedule that's still in the playoffs?
Do you have any explanation what so ever for facing a third place team out of a seriously weak district and them holding you to under half your season average?

1. Total team O yards: Devine 5585 / Liberty Hill 3614 +++++++Defense gave up total points: Devine 180 / Liberty Hill 156 ++++++++ Seven of 11 teams we played were only 2Qrts then had our 2nd team in.
2. same as above
3. No/Yes
4. none. has nothing to do with us.
5. it's the playoffs / weak?/ tell that to Gonzales and La Vernia

now you answer your own questions.

LH_Tuff
11-14-2011, 07:12 PM
1. Total team O yards: Devine 5585 / Liberty Hill 3614 +++++++Defense gave up total points: Devine 180 / Liberty Hill 156 ++++++++ Seven of 11 teams we played were only 2Qrts then had our 2nd team in.
2. same as above
3. No/Yes

Sure is a high horse you are going to fall off of.

warhorsejoe
11-14-2011, 07:17 PM
Sure is a high horse you are going to fall off of.

more like a big WARHORSE you'll be owned by.:eek:

Purple Rain
11-14-2011, 07:22 PM
more like a big WARHORSE you'll be owned by.:eek:

Better hope your players aren't underestimating and overlooking LH like you are

warhorsejoe
11-14-2011, 07:28 PM
Better hope your players aren't underestimating and overlooking LH like you are

not even, if anyone is underestimating is y'all but you gotta love HS Football Playoffs. :cheerl:

LH_Tuff
11-14-2011, 07:30 PM
not even, if anyone is underestimating is y'all but you gotta love HS Football Playoffs. :cheerl:

Liberty Hill never underestimates, just overpowers.

LHPfactory
11-14-2011, 07:33 PM
:iagree: but we've heard it B4. Every team from here on out will be the best team we'll face. I'm NOT saying that will score 50 or better or that Sadler will have 300 yards, I'm just saying that we will win by 1 or by however many points. IMO Bandera, Medina Valley, West Oso, Somerset, Hondo and Sam Houston could beat Liberty Hill, at best would be 3-3. Just saying.

LH defense has what will equalize a fluid back like Sadler = Team speed !

Not as big as the SH team, but " quick to and sure at" .

This my friend will be trouble for Sadler and Divine.

YTBulldogs
11-14-2011, 07:34 PM
Liberty Hill never underestimates, just overpowers.

Ya'll as good as them LH teams in the past? I have not seen them this year, but---those prior teams were awesome and a pleassure to watch them master that offense.

LH_Tuff
11-14-2011, 07:37 PM
Ya'll as good as them LH teams in the past? I have not seen them this year, but---those prior teams were awesome and a pleassure to watch them master that offense.

No. This is a different team with different strengths. I will say this team has grown throughout the season. They have gotten better each game.

LHHS_Mom
11-14-2011, 07:40 PM
Gotta go to Boston - and my boy may get some time on the field, did last week too. Sucks.

so you'll be listening on KMAC huh?...:cheerl:
that is way cool... did he go in on defense?... if so I saw him! :D

Purple Rain
11-14-2011, 07:41 PM

good enough to give a 10-0 Devine team a run for their money!!!

YTBulldogs
11-14-2011, 07:46 PM
good enough to give a 10-0 Devine team a run for their money!!!

No, I understand that. But, those prior teams were special. Not sure what year it was against Pleasanton, but---it was amazing how that operated that offense in the dome when I seen it performed. Line play was a work of art. People try it, but never seen it ran like they did.

LHPfactory
11-14-2011, 07:53 PM
No, I understand that. But, those prior teams were special. Not sure what year it was against Pleasanton, but---it was amazing how that operated that offense in the dome when I seen it performed. Line play was a work of art. People try it, but never seen it ran like they did.

The 2007 team had a line that completely dominated the LOS and very good running backs. We are not there yet with this crew, but they get better every game and I believe they are a dark horse that will surprise everyone this year.

Panthers, this is the only game that counts, then we get to play another one.

YTBulldogs
11-14-2011, 07:59 PM
The 2007 team had a line that completely dominated the LOS and very good running backs. We are not there yet with this crew, but they get better every game and I believe they are a dark horse that will surprise everyone this year.

I'm lazy to look up. But, how did that LH team end up. I didn't think anyone would beat them when I seen them versus Pleasanton.

LHPfactory
11-14-2011, 08:06 PM

Beat the snot out of gilmer in the D1 championship. This was the second state championship in a row for LH.

Big stud Johnson (OU) who was supposed to run all over 07 LH rushed for a whopping 17 YARDS!

This is sounding familiar :)

wimbo_pro
11-14-2011, 08:06 PM
LH in a tough fought game, 35-30.

YTBulldogs
11-14-2011, 08:09 PM
Beat the snot out of gilmer in the D1 championship. This was the second state championship in a row for LH.

Big stud Johnson (OU) who was supposed to run all over 07 LH rushed for a whopping 17 YARDS!

Put it to that East Texas speed did ya? Good job and that team I seen, I'm not shocked.

LH Panther Mom
11-14-2011, 09:37 PM
LHPM... the map I was looking at yesterday was not as defined as the one I just looked at:ack!:
It looks like you can still go down I-10 to Hausman... then turn onto Kyle Seale Parkway... hook a turn onto
Bamberger Trail...
That was sort of my plan, except 1604 to whatever street I mentioned earlier that starts with a B, then Seale by Brandeis HS.

LH Panther Mom
11-14-2011, 09:40 PM
LHPM---been very busy with all kinds of school stuff this semester. Haven't even had time to check the board regularly this year, much less make a game. Kinda hard for me to talk mess when I haven't seen the product we're throwing out there this year.
Oh, I figured as much. I miss seeing you around here! And I miss your entertaining wit! :D

Hope you can make it soon! Maybe Thanksgiving? ;)

LOL! Yep...good to see you posting! :D

LH Panther Mom
11-14-2011, 09:49 PM
Well can't wait till Sadler breaks the scoring record of the Sugarland Express...We will be on the Future movie of Sadler and his boys...Coming to a theater near you...:1popcorn:
I'd be pretty happy if our defense kept him out of the end zone all night. :)

Purple Rain
11-14-2011, 10:11 PM

I was thinking the exact same thing earlier today but you had the guts to actually post it!

LH Panther Mom
11-14-2011, 10:15 PM

I seem to recall the big-man (UT) getting sat on his arse, too! Pretty sure I have that on highlight. ;)

Daddy D 11
11-14-2011, 10:32 PM
2. same as above
3. No/Yes

So let me attempt to straighten this one out real quick and try to figure out what you're saying.
Are you saying that because you have more yards this season, you are better? And because your defense over a 11 game span has given up an average of 2+ more points a game you think you're better? "THAT'S" your advantage on the field this week? Your guys are going to block better, and run better, and cover better, and tackle better because of those things??

And OF COURSE your schedule has EVERYTHING to do with you. IT'S WHO YOU HAVE PLAYED. Your schedule is THE sole reason for your arrogant and misguided attitude towards this game (unfortunately its going to be another couple days until you realize this).

"It's the playoffs"?.... What would you say then to LH scoring above their season average in the first week of the playoffs? And shutting down an offense that's VERY similar to yours.

Daddy D 11
11-14-2011, 10:38 PM
It's funny you brought up the whole "starters were out in the second quarter" stuff. That was going to be my next question for you. Your kids are going to be worn the hell out come third and fourth quarters against LH. LH doesn't really buy into that whole substituting thing very well. Vance conditions his boys for the games like these where we are prepared to run it down your throat till you give up and start crying. And yes that has LITERALLY happened....in 2007 against Pleasanton and 2006 against Hondo. I guess this is just a fair warning, but I promise you, when that clock is ticking down friday, this post from Daddy D will pop back up into your head and you'll go "damnit...he was right". And yes....that has happened dozens of times as well since 2005.

AP2364
11-14-2011, 10:49 PM

This link is the only video that I have seen of the Devine offense. It looks like the offensive line should be getting the hype. They had a 5 yard push against Hondo. Sadler is good and the line is giving him the stats. Looks like a tight game is in order. Sadler doesn't have the size that I expected but he has some very well coached blocking.

LH Panther Mom
11-14-2011, 10:50 PM
IMO Bandera, Medina Valley, West Oso, Somerset, Hondo and Sam Houston could beat Liberty Hill, at best would be 3-3. Just saying.

Bandera???? LOL! (Sorry, no offense Bulldogs!)

Los Owls
11-14-2011, 10:58 PM
So did Hono offense struggle against devine D? I'm guessing if we can take the ball out of Sadler's hands by keeping our offense on the field, then we reduce him as a threat. All speculation though.
Hondo was clicking in the 1st half on a couple of td passes and a Qb run...Devine led 12-0 and then after that the Owls defense and offense got rolling and led 21-12 half..Owls got the ball on the 2nd half and drove all the way to about Devines 15 and fumbled..From that fumbled,everything went Devines way and the Sadler show begun..This guy just got better and better after each carry..Even in the 4th qtr he was still dragging 3 to 4 Owls on his back...We all say no problem, we just have to contain the outside..You contain the outside and he turns back and finds another way to go...Hondo Owls were the leaders in defense in the area coming into the Devine game..He ran on us for 400 plus yards...Sadler is very good and fast....Good luck trying to stop him...

warhorsejoe
11-14-2011, 11:11 PM
It's funny you brought up the whole "starters were out in the second quarter" stuff. That was going to be my next question for you. Your kids are going to be worn the hell out come third and fourth quarters against LH. LH doesn't really buy into that whole substituting thing very well. Vance conditions his boys for the games like these where we are prepared to run it down your throat till you give up and start crying. And yes that has LITERALLY happened....in 2007 against Pleasanton and 2006 against Hondo. I guess this is just a fair warning, but I promise you, when that clock is ticking down friday, this post from Daddy D will pop back up into your head and you'll go "damnit...he was right". And yes....that has happened dozens of times as well since 2005.

can't wait! Why are you trying to bring up the past? I didn't know that we were playing the LH of 2006 or 2007. It's 2011 bud or are you living your "glory days" Talk to me about your 2011 team. This isn't a sony playstaion game it's a real game daddyD11. If your prediction so happens to come true (which it won't) I will be the first to admit it. Those kitty cats better be ready like you say bud cause you will have to swallow your "glory days" BTW, your teams of yesteryear will not be playing on Friday. Keep dreaming and give me someting from this year so I can start being intimidated. Sorry if hit some of your nurves but get with current year we're in. Remember it's going to be a tough pill to swollow. Your kitty cats of 2011 dont know what is coming. WARHORSES will win this Friday and you will have to swallow it!

I'm still waiting on you to answer your onw questions. The Warhorese will be well conditioned for y'all and the one that will be crying will be YOU. By now you and I know what your suprise will be this Friday Night.:stirpot:

GO WARHORSES!!!!

YTBulldogs
11-14-2011, 11:31 PM
Dern Joe, your touchy. Relax, your gonna be fine here bud.:)

I had asked them what year they beat Pleasanton in the dome. Last time I seen them play, and was curious what that team ended up doing in the playoffs after that game. Thus, why they are talking of their past, which I'd be proud of too.

warhorsejoe
11-14-2011, 11:40 PM
Dern Joe, your touchy. Relax, your gonna be fine here bud.:)

I had asked them what year they beat Pleasanton in the dome. Last time I seen them play, and was curious what that team ended up doing in the playoffs after that game. Thus, why they are talking of their past, which I'd be proud of too.

:)

I was only stating the facts that's all. It's ok to be proud of your success but if your going to come here and compair yesteryears teams to a current team tell me one thing, your digging too deep for answers.

Daddy D 11
11-14-2011, 11:57 PM
I was not comparing yesteryears teams.
Just citing them as a past example of a future outcome.

I'm assuming that since you are ignoring my comments that were in return of yours, that you're scared to acknowledge my superiority?

Daddy D 11
11-14-2011, 11:58 PM
So let me attempt to straighten this one out real quick and try to figure out what you're saying.
Are you saying that because you have more yards this season, you are better? And because your defense over a 11 game span has given up an average of 2+ more points a game you think you're better? "THAT'S" your advantage on the field this week? Your guys are going to block better, and run better, and cover better, and tackle better because of those things??

And OF COURSE your schedule has EVERYTHING to do with you. IT'S WHO YOU HAVE PLAYED. Your schedule is THE sole reason for your arrogant and misguided attitude towards this game (unfortunately its going to be another couple days until you realize this).

"It's the playoffs"?.... What would you say then to LH scoring above their season average in the first week of the playoffs? And shutting down an offense that's VERY similar to yours.

Here you go Joe. Here's your second chance. Incase you missed my response? Or ignored it out of fear, either one.

warhorsejoe
11-15-2011, 12:09 AM
I was not comparing yesteryears teams.
Just citing them as a past example of a future outcome.

I'm assuming that since you are ignoring my comments that were in return of yours, that you're scared to acknowledge my superiority?

Here you go Joe. Here's your second chance. Incase you missed my response? Or ignored it out of fear, either one.

:twitch:

c'mon man, why did you have to go there. "It's not who have we played but who will we beat next". Your still digging. Gotta love it! :clap:

warhorsejoe
11-15-2011, 12:11 AM
anyway. may the best team win. :)

Daddy D 11
11-15-2011, 12:14 AM
See that's where you're wrong.. Your schedule IS who you are. Because it's what has made you.

But nice try? I figured you were better than this, pretty weak effort so far my friend.

panfan
11-15-2011, 06:48 AM
so you'll be listening on KMAC huh?...:cheerl:
that is way cool... did he go in on defense?... if so I saw him! :D

yes and yes

LHPfactory
11-15-2011, 09:31 AM
I seem to recall the big-man (UT) getting sat on his arse, too! Pretty sure I have that on highlight. ;)

Yes, I do recall that to, LH beat the D1 (ncaa) laden Buckeyes up front for 4 quarters.

And speaking of highlight, I will try to find you in SA this friday if you can bring the DVD...Thanks :)

bulldog82
11-15-2011, 11:56 AM
Bamberger Trail...

I think you will get into a bigger jam trying to go back streets, esspecially hausman. thr turn around off 1604 is not that bad, its going thru the light that backs you up. So just take 1604 exit Bandera and take turn around and your there/

YTBulldogs
11-15-2011, 11:59 AM
I think you will get into a bigger jam trying to go back streets, esspecially hausman. thr turn around off 1604 is not that bad, its going thru the light that backs you up. So just take 1604 exit Bandera and take turn around and your there/

:iagree: This is the best approach. But, I got there 2 hrs. before KO.

LHHS_Mom
11-15-2011, 12:02 PM

either way it sounds like getting there early is VERY wise:eek:
I have been studying the map and WOW restaurants have sprung up everywhere along that stretch
even Red Lobster and Olive Garden :D

bulldog82
11-15-2011, 12:21 PM
Bandera???? LOL! (Sorry, no offense Bulldogs!)

HEY! I was going to thank WJ for the respect, Now take it to them DW. I hate it when a team talks cr*p just cuz they are LH. you want the respect, then earn it, Quit comparring yourselves to past teams or we deserve to be there cuz we are LH . Get off the Cuero trip. Yea LH has owned BHS so DW help us out and put 60 on them!..............................NOT A LH FAN!!!!!!

YTBulldogs
11-15-2011, 12:24 PM
HEY! I was going to thank WJ for the respect, Now take it to them DW. I hate it when a team talks cr*p just cuz they are LH. you want the respect, then earn it, Quit comparring yourselves to past teams or we deserve to be there cuz we are LH . Get off the Cuero trip. Yea LH has owned BHS so DW help us out and put 60 on them!..............................NOT A LH FAN!!!!!!

Dayuuum. Game on now:)

LHPfactory
11-15-2011, 01:13 PM

Its understandable that you are not a LH fan, with all the abuse Bandera has suffered from them on the grid iron..... :stirpot:

warhorsejoe
11-15-2011, 01:54 PM

Hey bulldog82, your welcome. IMO, I'm pertty sure y'all could own them this year. Too bad y'all didn't play this year cause y'all would of beat them.

Cam
11-15-2011, 01:57 PM
:1popcorn:........dammit...I just drooled onto my laptop!.....like a little kid.....

warhorsejoe
11-15-2011, 01:58 PM
:1popcorn:........dammit...I just drooled onto my laptop!.....like a little kid.....

bulldog82
11-15-2011, 02:08 PM
Its understandable that you are not a LH fan, with all the abuse Bandera has suffered from them on the grid iron..... :stirpot:

Sorry, just had to vent. Dont get me wrong though, while not a LH fan, am a Region IV fan. So represent if you make it past DW. Thanks again DW, our tuffest opponent had been ourselves, but thats all history now. Really believe you'll cruise by LH, can't believe nothing is being said about yall's passing game. Let them key on Saddler, then open it up in the air, esspecially if LB's start cheating up.

LHHS_Mom
11-15-2011, 02:17 PM
Every team has a running game.. not to mention the ability to pass... that's not news :crazy:

Cam... did you see the dentist again today?... :taunt:

greendawg84
11-15-2011, 03:34 PM
Every team has a running game.. not to mention the ability to pass... that's not news :crazy:

Cam... did you see the dentist again today?... :taunt:

If the Hill has to start passing then they are probably in trouble , they dont pass unless they need to score more than once in a short amount of time. And my friend that is for sure not The Hills strong point by a long shot. As a Hill fan you should hope they dont throw one single pass all night. :)

Cam is always drooling by this time of the day ! Boy just aint right what can I say !:crazy:

YTBulldogs
11-15-2011, 03:39 PM
Harris spread: Devine by 2.

Joe, that's 2 points, not TD's:p

Purple Rain
11-15-2011, 03:50 PM
If the Hill has to start passing then they are probably in trouble , they dont pass unless they need to score more than once in a short amount of time. And my friend that is for sure not The Hills strong point by a long shot. As a Hill fan you should hope they dont throw one single pass all night. :)

Cam is always drooling by this time of the day ! Boy just aint right what can I say !:crazy:

depends upon on who is throwing and under what circumstances

LHHS_Mom
11-15-2011, 03:54 PM

it's greendawg!.. I am sure that you are getting him back for dragging you into things... though I have to admit... Cam's a character... LOL :eek:

The ability to have multiple threats makes football a delight to watch... GO PANTHERS!:D

LHHS_Mom
11-15-2011, 03:56 PM
Purple Rain... what time are you leaving on Friday?

Super_R
11-15-2011, 04:05 PM
Liberty Hill will be no different then the others. We roll on to the next round. :2thumbsup

The difference between LH and the others is: We made the playoffs...other than your last week's 1st round match-up...none of your other opponents made the playoffs. 25AAA nearly had 3 teams still in the Playoffs...if it weren't for Taylor's double overtime loss to #2 Wimberley.

One thing is for sure about LH...We play defense!

greendawg84
11-15-2011, 04:06 PM
it's greendawg!.. I am sure that you are getting him back for dragging you into things... though I have to admit... Cam's a character... LOL :eek:

The ability to have multiple threats makes football a delight to watch... GO PANTHERS!:D

Gotta get him when I can , yesterday he was trying to get my arse kicked by a Lady for crying out loud ! :eek:

Purple Rain
11-15-2011, 04:19 PM
Purple Rain... what time are you leaving on Friday?

I'm not sure yet. Don't remember how long it took me to get there last time. How much travel time are you figuring for this trip?

LHHS_Mom
11-15-2011, 04:31 PM
I'm not sure yet. Don't remember how long it took me to get there last time. How much travel time are you figuring for this trip?

Travel time... a little over two hours... finding a place to grab some food beforehand will add into that time... I am figuring around 1 or 2... might miss the Send-Off again...:ack!:

warhorsejoe
11-15-2011, 05:14 PM
YTB, By 2 or by 1 it does not matter. Just ask wimberley. A win is a win no matter by how much. Ill take the 2.

LH_Tuff
11-15-2011, 06:28 PM
YTB, By 2 or by 1 it does not matter. Just ask wimberley. A win is a win no matter by how much. Ill take the 2.

Rocket apprentice. :twitch:

Daddy D 11
11-15-2011, 07:04 PM
Good to see the Bandera village idiot made an appearance.

Daddy D 11
11-15-2011, 07:08 PM
Hey bulldog82, your welcome. IMO, I'm pertty sure y'all could own them this year. Too bad y'all didn't play this year cause y'all would of beat them.

Could you please elaborate on this logic?

Daddy D 11
11-15-2011, 07:11 PM
:)

I was only stating the facts that's all. It's ok to be proud of your success but if your going to come here and compair yesteryears teams to a current team tell me one thing, your digging too deep for answers.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE find where I compared an LH team from the past to your team?

Los Owls
11-15-2011, 07:18 PM
Devine 27, SA Sam Houston 19
Joseph Sadler, Devine's warrior running back, pounded our 212 yards this weekend to pass 3,000 on the year — an incredible sum for just 11 games played. Devine ran the ball all night long, with consistent but unspectacular success — it handed the ball off 67 times, and only eight of these ended up with a carry of ten yards or more. Sadler provided the lion's share of the work — 51 carries for three touchdowns, two of which came immediately after Sam Houston opened the scoring on a 76-yard touchdown run by JeQuan McBride. Sadler is now just six points behind Kenneth Hall's all-time single-season scoring record (395 points). Since Sadler is the kicker, he needs just one touchdown run to break it....Article from DC Magazine....

warhorsejoe
11-15-2011, 07:29 PM
PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE find where I compared an LH team from the past to your team?

Your yesteryear teams to your current team. Not ours. Be nice or I will have to ignore you bud.

Sportshack
11-15-2011, 07:37 PM

whj might think that because Bandera put up 38 on them and that is the most points Bandera scored on anyone all year. :stirpot:

Daddy D 11
11-15-2011, 07:40 PM
Your yesteryear teams to your current team. Not ours. Be nice or I will have to ignore you bud.

Why would you ignore me?

I wasn't comparing any teams either, I was using past examples to show how our coaching staff molds its players and the advantages that come from such gameplans. We don't like to pull our starters in games because it makes them soft.

Daddy D 11
11-15-2011, 07:41 PM
Bandera also went 1-9...

Daddy D 11
11-15-2011, 07:46 PM
Could you please elaborate on this logic?

Hey Joe, you going to answer my question?

warhorsejoe
11-15-2011, 07:48 PM
Bandera also went 1-9...

.....and. they would of gone 2-8 if they had y'all on their schedule. just saying. So let's focus on Devine 2011 team and L.H. 2011 team. Y'all will go down this Friday.

Daddy D 11
11-15-2011, 07:51 PM
.....and. they would of gone 2-8 if they had y'all on their schedule. just saying. So let's focus on Devine 2011 team and L.H. 2011 team. Y'all will go down this Friday.

WHY THOUGH? You throw out stupid claims, with zero reasons backing them up.
What kind of offense did Bandera run against yall this year?

99IHSMustang
11-15-2011, 07:57 PM

My wife and I are going to make this game to support the Warhorses. This stadium is like 10 minutes from my house... :) and since the Mustangs are out I might as well jump on her schools bandwagon. :2thumbsup

LH Panther Mom
11-15-2011, 07:58 PM
Sensitive much? I wasn't talking crap. Bandera's record is 1-9. Should we have played this year, you certainly could have beat us. But 1-9 isn't normally a record that gets thrown around as being a team that could/would beat one in the playoffs.

warhorsejoe
11-15-2011, 08:10 PM

you need to worry about US, not anyone else. the only way to shut anyone up is just to prove you wrong on Friday. We will win and you cant change that! Gotta Love HS Football Playoffs. Get ready for basketball.

warhorsejoe
11-15-2011, 08:11 PM
My wife and I are going to make this game to support the Warhorses. This stadium is like 10 minutes from my house... :) and since the Mustangs are out I might as well jump on her schools bandwagon. :2thumbsup

Thanks 99!

Purple Rain
11-15-2011, 08:16 PM
Rocket apprentice. :twitch:

Now that's funny...

warhorsejoe
11-15-2011, 08:18 PM
Now that's funny...

Daddy D 11
11-15-2011, 08:20 PM
you need to worry about US, not anyone else. the only way to shut anyone up is just to prove you wrong on Friday. We will win and you cant change that! Gotta Love HS Football Playoffs. Get ready for basketball.

Are you incapable of answering my questions? You have failed to give one single intelligent response.

Purple Rain
11-15-2011, 08:29 PM

Interesting logic considering Navarro beat Bandera and LH thumped Navarro this past Friday.

warhorsejoe
11-15-2011, 08:33 PM
Are you incapable of answering my questions? You have failed to give one single intelligent response.

why would you say that "daddy...." I refuse to stoop to your level. don't direct any questions or commits towards me. do you understand that.

Daddy D 11
11-15-2011, 08:34 PM
Interesting logic considering Navarro beat Bandera and LH thumped Navarro this past Friday.

Sssshhhhhh, stop talking about other teams. (Even though he's the one that brought up the Bandera/LH comparisons)

Daddy D 11
11-15-2011, 08:37 PM
why would you say that "daddy...." I refuse to stoop to your level. don't direct any questions or commits towards me. do you understand that.

Stoop to my level? All I'm doing is trying to get some reasons out of you as to why you think Devine will beat LH?

Any person can stand there and go "my team is going to beat your team", that's easy. But "why?".

I keep asking you why? And you keep failing to answer my questions. All I'm trying to do is find out more about your team and the reasons why you are so damn confident. Obviously you have zero substance behind your "logic" or you would've spit them out already.

warhorsejoe
11-15-2011, 08:44 PM
are you serious? you just dont know when to stop.

99IHSMustang
11-15-2011, 08:45 PM
Stoop to my level? All I'm doing is trying to get some reasons out of you as to why you think Devine will beat LH?

Any person can stand there and go "my team is going to beat your team", that's easy. But "why?".

I keep asking you why? And you keep failing to answer my questions. All I'm trying to do is find out more about your team and the reasons why you are so damn confident. Obviously you have zero substance behind your "logic" or you would've spit them out already.

I know that 1 player doesn't make a team, but I have one reason as to why I would pick Devine and that is 3,000 yard Rusher Joseph Sadler. This is going to be a good one.

Daddy D 11
11-15-2011, 08:49 PM
are you serious? you just dont know when to stop.

Listen here Joe, don't be mad that you bit off more than you could chew.
You're telling me that when you were filling this thread with mindless drivel, you didn't expect anyone to bark back?

warhorsejoe
11-15-2011, 08:57 PM
I know that 1 player doesn't make a team, but I have one reason as to why I would pick Devine and that is 3,000 yard Rusher Joseph Sadler. This is going to be a good one.

i've already told him that. dont get caught up in this 99. he has insulted my intelligence and is very disrespectful and I refuse to go there.

YTBulldogs
11-15-2011, 09:03 PM

I hear ya Joe. Just enough to assure them Warhorses play another Fri/Sat night, huh? Boy, I went to a BB game, and this thread went crazy:)

Daddy D 11
11-15-2011, 09:04 PM
And with good reasoning I'm sure.

What could be telling for his success against LH though is the fact that someone mentioned last game Devine rushed like 60 times but only 8 went for 10+ yards. What that tells me is that their line isn't going to be opening up many "home run" type holes. I like LH's chances of stopping an attack like that because all it takes is a loss of yardage on first or second down to put their offense in a bind. LH's has stopped the run with GREAT success since 2006, and this years bunch has definitely seemed to carry that torch. With the 4-2-5 scheme that LH runs, its allows for the strong safeties to slide into the box. What that does is gives LH 8 players in the box, with almost a 4-4 type scheme. Those strong safeties hovering over their ends, mixed with the speed of our corners should be enough to keep sadler turning up field all night. If that's the case, with sure tackling Devine won't be marching up and down the field.

Does Sadler play both ways? Or do any Devine starters play both ways for that matter?

warhorsejoe
11-15-2011, 09:05 PM
I hear ya Joe. Just enough to assure them Warhorses play another Fri/Sat night, huh? Boy, I went to a BB game, and this thread went crazy:)

YTBulldogs
11-15-2011, 09:07 PM
Guess a meet and greet between ya'll is out?

warhorsejoe
11-15-2011, 09:13 PM
Guess a meet and greet between ya'll is out?

your guess could be correct but definitely not out of the question.

Daddy D 11
11-15-2011, 09:14 PM
Another thing I would like about the matchup is that two outta the last three opponents LH has faced has ran a Slot T/Wing T variation and the defense has more than held their own in both of those match-ups. This will be the third week outta four that our defense is going over the same defensive assignments.

That's what I was getting at when I asked Joe what offense Bandera ran, because I wanted to see how disciplined their defense had been. But apparently my question was too much to ask?

YTBulldogs
11-15-2011, 09:24 PM
Another thing I would like about the matchup is that two outta the last three opponents LH has faced has ran a Slot T/Wing T variation and the defense has more than held their own in both of those match-ups. This will be the third week outta four that our defense is going over the same defensive assignments.

That's what I was getting at when I asked Joe what offense Bandera ran, because I wanted to see how disciplined their defense had been. But apparently my question was too much to ask?

Very helpful DD when you are playing/preparing for several weeks in a row, a certain type of offense.

LH_Tuff
11-15-2011, 09:49 PM
i've already told him that. dont get caught up in this 99. he has insulted my intelligence and is very disrespectful and I refuse to go there.

Disrespectful? Please. All Daddy did was ask a few logical questions. Of which, your answer was - We will beat your arse. Who was the disrespectful one here?

Daddy D 11
11-15-2011, 10:00 PM
Disrespectful? Please. All Daddy did was ask a few logical questions. Of which, your answer was - We will beat your arse. Who was the disrespectful one here?

Shhhhh, quit being smart.

bulldog82
11-16-2011, 12:10 AM
OK, I can't hold my tongue any longer. And yes, I have no bussiness saying anything, but.....LOGIC..... and this is my opinion ok no facts just opinion. I have not seen LH play, who they've played, or cared. But who is LH 3000 yard rusher, DW road their horse for 60 carries, sometimes with a loss in yardage and still managed to get the win. Play 8 in the box, many have, some beat severly, watch for the 10 yard cross. I just would like to hear your LOGIC that makes you think yall will win. Defense? Yes, wins championships, how many TD's do they have? How many yards do they have? Please slam me some more. Tell me with all your intelligence. Signed your. Village Idiot!!

Daddy D 11
11-16-2011, 12:18 AM
OK, I can't hold my tongue any longer. And yes, I have no bussiness saying anything, but.....LOGIC..... and this is my opinion ok no facts just opinion. I have not seen LH play, who they've played, or cared. But who is LH 3000 yard rusher, DW road their horse for 60 carries, sometimes with a loss in yardage and still managed to get the win. Play 8 in the box, many have, some beat severly, watch for the 10 yard cross. I just would like to hear your LOGIC that makes you think yall will win. Defense? Yes, wins championships, how many TD's do they have? How many yards do they have? Please slam me some more. Tell me with all your intelligence. Sined your. Village Idiot!!

All of those things have already been answered. Oh, and you spelled signed* wrong.

bulldog82
11-16-2011, 12:20 AM
All of those things have already been answered. Oh, and you spelled signed* wrong.

There fixed it little miss perfect!

bulldog82
11-16-2011, 12:23 AM

They have? I guess I need to read between the lines. Cuz I didn't see who yalls 3000 yard rusher was.

Daddy D 11
11-16-2011, 12:30 AM
Pretty sure if we had a 3,000 yard rusher, that would've been brought up by me already. It's common knowledge that we do not, hence why i did not mention it. I assumed that goes without answering? Plus you already knew that answer, so I don't really know why'd you ask in the first place?

But now that i think about it... if we would have played quadriplegics all season we'd probably have a 3,000 yard rusher as well.

bulldog82
11-16-2011, 12:35 AM
Pretty sure if we had a 3,000 yard rusher, that would've been brought up by me already. It's common knowledge that we do not, hence why i did not mention it. I assumed that goes without answering? Plus you already knew that answer, so I don't really know why'd you ask in the first place?

But now that i think about it... if we would have played quadriplegics all season we'd probably have a 3,000 yard rusher as well.

Now who's an idiot. God, I was being sarcastic!

Daddy D 11
11-16-2011, 12:38 AM
Dang, you got me. Good one? I definitely didn't know you were being sarcastic. Didn't see that one coming. You really got me.

Sportshack
11-16-2011, 12:41 AM
OK, I can't hold my tongue any longer. And yes, I have no bussiness saying anything, but.....LOGIC..... and this is my opinion ok no facts just opinion. I have not seen LH play, who they've played, or cared. But who is LH 3000 yard rusher, DW road their horse for 60 carries, sometimes with a loss in yardage and still managed to get the win. Play 8 in the box, many have, some beat severly, watch for the 10 yard cross. I just would like to hear your LOGIC that makes you think yall will win. Defense? Yes, wins championships, how many TD's do they have? How many yards do they have? Please slam me some more. Tell me with all your intelligence. Signed your. Village Idiot!!

It is as simple as matchup between LH defensive front and Devine offensive front. Devine very well could have had somewhat of a cakewalk in schedule in that most of their competition was pretty anemic record wise and likely had no chance to match up with their O-line, which appeared pretty good sized and mobile on video of Hondo game. LH has a reputation for playing hard-nosed attrition football and might just match up pretty well. They are a school with a football tradition unlike the schools on Devine's schedule with exception of Hondo. Also, LH is well coached. They have played well as of late. However, they also played a lot of teams with rather anemic records. I have not seen either team play but it ought to be a slugfest. Kind of feeling LH in this one but Devine has beat everyone in their path and beat them soundly.

Los Owls
11-16-2011, 12:45 AM
Warhorses advance to next rd...48-20..Sadler too much to handle,again..

NastySlot
11-16-2011, 12:48 AM
not taking sides or making prediction....but I would go out on a limb and say Devine saw a pretty good d-line last week

Player matchup
Devine OL D.J. Carlson vs. Sam Houston DL Javonte Magee: At 6-foot-1, 270 pounds, Carlson is the Warhorses' biggest lineman, who would be considered small on the Sam Houston line.
But size hasn't been a problem for Devine thus far. The Warhorses' precise blocking schemes have produced 483 rushing yards per game during an undefeated regular season. Oh, and you might have heard of Joseph Sadler, who has rushed for 2,884 yards and 46 TDs.
But they've never faced a line quite like the Hurricanes'. Magee (6-6, 270) leads the group, joining Ralphael Green (6-5, 330), Prince Eshan (6-3, 305) and Melvin Ross (6-3, 275). Sam Houston has allowed just 91 rushing yards per game. As they say, something's gotta give.
The teams play at South San at 7:30 tonight.

Read more: http://www.mysanantonio.com/sports/high_school/high_school_football/article/Friday-night-football-primer-2263520.php#ixzz1dqW0iJ1n

Daddy D 11
11-16-2011, 12:54 AM
I'd imagine Devine's quicker lineman ran circles around those big boys, pulling and trapping all night.
This week I would think will be a better matchup for them, quicker defensive lineman are a little trickier.
No doubt Devine is going to get theirs, just don't see them hitting enough homeruns to win. When on the other hand, I think LH's Johnston will hit one or two. Unfortunately, for either team...any turnovers what so ever could kill them due to lack of number of possessions.

bulldog82
11-16-2011, 12:58 AM
Dang, you got me. Good one? I definitely didn't know you were being sarcastic. Didn't see that one coming. You really got me.

OMG! WJ your right DD isn't worth acknowledging. He badgers you to answer his question and he can not/ will not do the same when asked of him. Thank you SS , DW does have some size and are able to pull with success, was matched up against some size from SH that may have worn them down a little. From what I hear LH doesn't have that kind of size but makes up with speed. Saddler follows his blockers well and I see him making the corner for good yardage.And yes, they are very well coached, Vance has been around for a long time and has a good program, wish we could get and keep someone as well. But with a revolving door here at BHS kids don't have a chance.

Daddy D 11
11-16-2011, 01:19 AM
OMG! WJ your right DD isn't worth acknowledging. He badgers you to answer his question and he can not/ will not do the same when asked of him. Thank you SS , DW does have some size and are able to pull with success, was matched up against some size from SH that may have worn them down a little. From what I hear LH doesn't have that kind of size but makes up with speed. Saddler follows his blockers well and I see him making the corner for good yardage.And yes, they are very well coached, Vance has been around for a long time and has a good program, wish we could get and keep someone as well. But with a revolving door here at BHS kids don't have a chance.

Point to a question I didn't address.

bulldog82
11-16-2011, 01:31 AM
Point to a question I didn't address.

K Let me go slower for you. Wwwwhhhhaaaaaattttt mmmmmmaaaaaaakkkkkkkeeeeesssss yyyyyyoooooooooouuuuuu tttttthhhhhiiiiiinnnnnkkkkk LLLLLLLHHHHH wwwwwwwiiiiiiiiillllllllllllllllllllllll wwwwwwwwiiiiiiiiiiiinnnnnnnn?????????? Elaborate on your LOGIC!!!!

LH Panther Mom
11-16-2011, 06:08 AM
They have? I guess I need to read between the lines. Cuz I didn't see who yalls 3000 yard rusher was.
The nature of our offense doesn't allow for focusing on stat-ing up one player - it's share the wealth. And it's 100% team effort. The closest we have is Johnston with 1631. Heck, the closest we've come in 6 seasons is Bode with 2356...through 2 State Championship years. For all the yards "one" of our backs, or several of them, get, in any given game, if the team has an overall poor showing, even in a win, then the yards don't matter.

Sportshack
11-16-2011, 08:09 AM
not taking sides or making prediction....but I would go out on a limb and say Devine saw a pretty good d-line last week

Player matchup
Devine OL D.J. Carlson vs. Sam Houston DL Javonte Magee: At 6-foot-1, 270 pounds, Carlson is the Warhorses' biggest lineman, who would be considered small on the Sam Houston line.
But size hasn't been a problem for Devine thus far. The Warhorses' precise blocking schemes have produced 483 rushing yards per game during an undefeated regular season. Oh, and you might have heard of Joseph Sadler, who has rushed for 2,884 yards and 46 TDs.
But they've never faced a line quite like the Hurricanes'. Magee (6-6, 270) leads the group, joining Ralphael Green (6-5, 330), Prince Eshan (6-3, 305) and Melvin Ross (6-3, 275). Sam Houston has allowed just 91 rushing yards per game. As they say, something's gotta give.
The teams play at South San at 7:30 tonight.

Read more: http://www.mysanantonio.com/sports/high_school/high_school_football/article/Friday-night-football-primer-2263520.php#ixzz1dqW0iJ1n

I recall that last year Sam Houston had Quincy Russell and presumably JaVonte Magee as DT's and the Navarro Slot T offense took them down. Navarro did not have any special physicality or athleticism but were a disciplined team that had a nice season. Interestingly similar scenario a year later in that a disciplined running team was able to take out a team with size and potentential. SAm HOuston has been described by their district mates as undisciplined. I will say again that film I saw on Devine indicates a fairly physical looking 3A O-line.

jp744
11-16-2011, 08:42 AM
I am going to say this again. The play offs are about Match Ups and finding those match ups and who will win that match up. Devine Coaches are really good at finding a way to out man you on one side and sadler in the hole with the ball. I saw LH play this year against Mexia. LH does a good job of blocking up front and are very well coached. I have seen Devine play against Somerset and Hondo. I think that LH will be able to move the ball and score. But they will not stop Sadler. Sadler is one of the best backs in the state in 3A very tough to tackle. Devine 42 Liberty Hill 28.

LHPfactory
11-16-2011, 08:53 AM
I am going to say this again. The play offs are about Match Ups and finding those match ups and who will win that match up. Devine Coaches are really good at finding a way to out man you on one side and sadler in the hole with the ball. I saw LH play this year against Mexia. LH does a good job of blocking up front and are very well coached. I have seen Devine play against Somerset and Hondo. I think that LH will be able to move the ball and score. But they will not stop Sadler. Sadler is one of the best backs in the state in 3A very tough to tackle. Devine 42 Liberty Hill 28.

42 points is a tall order against a very quick defense, that should match up and equalize Sadler very well.

LH_Tuff
11-16-2011, 08:56 AM
Sadler may have some good runs. But he will have to do it between the tackles. He won't get it outside. The LH corners are very fast. I think the score will be lower than most predict. LH wins 21-14.

Purple Rain
11-16-2011, 09:27 AM

If Devine can score 42 against that LH defense, I applaud them. The Hill has faced some potent offenses this season and no one has come close to hanging 42 on them. The key for LH is sustained, point scoring, clock eating drives that keep the Devine offense off the field.

Super_R
11-16-2011, 09:33 AM

Like LH Panther Mom said...LH has never had a 3000 yard rusher. We haven't and don't need to rely on a single back to achieve success. The fact that Sadler is a TD away from breaking the single season points record implies that he is how Devin wins. Out of the 67 plays of offense last week for the Warhorses Sadler carried the ball 51 times. Out of the 50 something TD's that Devine has scored Sadler has 47ish.

That, ladies, is like putting all your chickens in one basket. Its a gamble for sure...and when you are playing weak opponents then its an easy bet...and quit profitable. However, on the flip side, when your get into the playoffs its like playing the field...and letting it ride. Eventually someone craps out and you go broke.

I love a good smash mouth football game. I love it when a team pounds the ball...I also love it when a defense shuts down a powerful running attack.

Sadler is an explosive back with amazing #'s.
LH's Defense has slowed and stopped some very good offense with some very talented running backs.

We will all be treated to a very good ball game this Friday. My prediction is an LH win.

LHPfactory
11-16-2011, 09:46 AM
Sadler may have some good runs. But he will have to do it between the tackles. He won't get it outside. The LH corners are very fast. I think the score will be lower than most predict. LH wins 21-14.

I honestly think Devine will have a tougher time stopping the LH offense than LH will stopping Sadler. LH defense has always done well when the mission is clear and focused, especially on a defined target. The LH defense should prove to be the nemesis of Devines offense ( quick to and sure at... remember that). I also believe that the offense will eat up the clock early and will end up with at least 4 TDs and maybe a field goal before it is over. LH 31-13

greendawg84
11-16-2011, 09:51 AM
Bleedzgreen , didnt your boy run for 157 yards against The Hill 2 weeks ago ? Just trying to figure out where all this LH D talk is coming from ? Hell Burnet scored 33 on them and we were not very good. :stirpot:

Purple Rain
11-16-2011, 10:01 AM
Bleedzgreen , didnt your boy run for 157 yards against The Hill 2 weeks ago ? Just trying to figure out where all this LH D talk is coming from ? Hell Burnet scored 33 on them and we were not very good. :stirpot:

Were you paying any attention to the game? It was 65-19 in the 4th!!! Take a wild guess how and when the rest of those points were scored. I think it was safe for the LH defense to back off after donkey-stomping Burnet's defense for 65 points:crazy:

greendawg84
11-16-2011, 10:05 AM
Were you paying any attention to the game? It was 65-19 in the 4th!!! Take a wild guess how and when the rest of those points were scored. I think it was safe for the LH defense to back off after donkey-stomping Burnet's defense for 65 points:crazy:

Easy Dad , dont get to excited ! You Donkey stomped a team that only had 19 players at the 3A level , the Dawgs werent no Devine.

Cam
11-16-2011, 10:08 AM
Well, here's what I heard.....Liberty Hill isn't even bringing their "real live" black panther mascot (named Barney after Burnet's Barney the Bulldog) to the game figuring this game is won anyway.....instead, Mr. Snuffleupagus will be roamin' the sidelines for LH!!!.....:):stirpot::1popcorn:

LHPfactory
11-16-2011, 10:08 AM

Yeah, but 14 of those points were in the 4th qtr after LH was up 65-19 (entering the 4th) and called the dawgs, I mean panthers off. Burnet also passed alot, which helped open up the the running game. Bleedzgreens boy is quite a running back as well.

LHHS_Mom
11-16-2011, 10:12 AM
Cam's coming to the game Friday... dressed in his PURPLE!! :D:taunt:

Purple Rain
11-16-2011, 10:25 AM
Yeah, but 14 of those points were in the 4th qtr after LH was up 65-19 (entering the 4th) and called the dawgs, I mean panthers off. Burnet also passed alot, which helped open up the the running game. Bleedzgreens boy is quite a running back as well.

:iagree: #25 just might have 3000 rushing yards if he had the blocking of that Devine O-line

greendawg84
11-16-2011, 10:26 AM

Cam , Son what the hell happened to you ? Do you even own anything Burple.... boy if you go you better sit on the Devine side !

greendawg84
11-16-2011, 10:27 AM
:iagree: #25 just might have 3000 rushing yards if he had the blocking of that Devine O-line

Tru Dat , If we had their line or The Hills we would still be playing stead of playing thump thump !

Daddy D 11
11-16-2011, 10:30 AM
K Let me go slower for you. Wwwwhhhhaaaaaattttt mmmmmmaaaaaaakkkkkkkeeeeesssss yyyyyyoooooooooouuuuuu tttttthhhhhiiiiiinnnnnkkkkk LLLLLLLHHHHH wwwwwwwiiiiiiiiillllllllllllllllllllllll wwwwwwwwiiiiiiiiiiiinnnnnnnn?????????? Elaborate on your LOGIC!!!!

It's fairly simple actually: Read. My. Previous. Posts. On. This. Thread.

Cam
11-16-2011, 10:39 AM
Cam , Son what the hell happened to you ? Do you even own anything Burple.... boy if you go you better sit on the Devine side !

Well no...actually I don't....but I do have some purple finger nail polish!!!.....just don't ask me why!!:eek:

greendawg84
11-16-2011, 10:44 AM
Well no...actually I don't....but I do have some purple finger nail polish!!!.....just don't ask me why!!:eek:

TMI ! I think I will let that Dawg sleep!

Cam
11-16-2011, 10:45 AM

Easy there MOM.....the only game you'll probably see me at will be Saturday night on the sidelines of the UT - K. State game....not sure if LH is in the plans yet....but like I told you before, if I do go, I'll be wearing my green all the way down to my fruit-of-the-looms!!! Greendawg, look for me and my boy Saturday...we'll be wearing Burnet green baby!...

greendawg84
11-16-2011, 10:46 AM

What the hell ? Did you lose a bet with LHHS Mom or what ??????:inlove:

Cam
11-16-2011, 10:57 AM
What the hell ? Did you lose a bet with LHHS Mom or what ??????:inlove:

Thought you said you were gonna let that dawg lie??....you're just dyin' to know aren't ya??

ogg
11-16-2011, 10:59 AM
Have to go with our old Centex brothers, Liberty Hill by 21.

Los Owls
11-16-2011, 11:03 AM
[FCAN YOU HANDLE THE TRUTH....Warhorses advance...ONT=Arial Black][/FONT]

Los Owls
11-16-2011, 11:06 AM
"Can you handle the Truth"
Warhorses ADVANCE....

Cam
11-16-2011, 11:27 AM
Halftime entertainment:: LH & Devine bands, followed by a 3 minute round in the octagon between Warhorsejoe & Daddy D11....but be careful Warhorse....D11 sounds like a lawyer or something.....better let him take the first punch!
LHHSMom, can you record please???

greendawg84
11-16-2011, 11:34 AM
Halftime entertainment:: LH & Devine bands, followed by a 3 minute round in the octagon between Warhorsejoe & Daddy D11....but be careful Warhorse....D11 sounds like a lawyer or something.....better let him take the first punch!

Now that is something I might drive to that crappy stadium to watch !

Cam
11-16-2011, 11:41 AM
Ok, my serious take on this game....I think it's gonna be higher scoring than most folks believe...Devine will rely heavily on Sadler and he'll get his yards and probly a few scores. But LH has their horses too. Especially #35 who will break some this Friday. LH O-line not real big but quick on the pulls.
Devine's D-line must play disciplined and cover their gaps so LB's can make plays, or LH slot-T will swallow them. Don't know how many slot-T teams Devine has played. But LH runs it to perfection. From what I've seen, seems to me the LH D was a bit bigger and better last year. Should be interesting. I would guess Devine will have more pre-game jitters than LH....LH is used to this...That said, this game could come down to turnovers....Liberty Hill - 34 Devine - 31......give LH an extra field goal if LHHSMOM wears that ugly purple sweater !! :):taunt:

Daddy D 11
11-16-2011, 11:46 AM

That would never happen. Joe would get his feelings hurt before the round and run away.

Daddy D 11
11-16-2011, 11:51 AM
I'm fairly certain that Devine is Daddy D's 2011 version of:
Monahans(2010 and 2009)
Graham(2010)
Bridgeport(2008)
Navasota(2007)
Hondo/Celina(2006).

Purple Rain
11-16-2011, 11:53 AM
Ok, my serious take on this game....I think it's gonna be higher scoring than most folks believe...Devine will rely heavily on Sadler and he'll get his yards and probly a few scores. But LH has their horses too. Especially #35 who will break some this Friday. LH O-line not real big but quick on the pulls.
Devine's D-line must play disciplined and cover their gaps so LB's can make plays, or LH slot-T will swallow them. Don't know how many slot-T teams Devine has played. But LH runs it to perfection. From what I've seen, seems to me the LH D was a bit bigger and better last year. Should be interesting. I would guess Devine will have more pre-game jitters than LH....LH is used to this...That said, this game could come down to turnovers....Liberty Hill - 34 Devine - 31......give LH an extra field goal if LHHSMOM wears that ugly purple sweater !! :):taunt:

Finally, a departure from the usual spam and a substantive post from you with some decent analysis, but you just couldn't stand it and had to go and ruin it with that stupid sweater comment.:ack!:

Cam
11-16-2011, 12:34 PM
Finally, a departure from the usual spam and a substantive post from you with some decent analysis, but you just couldn't stand it and had to go and ruin it with that stupid sweater comment.:ack!:

Gee thanks Prince!......yeah I know...I really can't stand it but I like pickin' on LHHSMOM or anyone else who sounds like fun....but hey, I made my point about the game.....but yeah, I don't take life too seriously I guess.....my wife doesn't even flinch anymore when I do or say something stupid....just rolls her eyes and walks away......I got all these crazy things in my head cause of Greendawg!....he made me what I am today......:crazy:

LHHS_Mom
11-16-2011, 12:41 PM
Cam... deep down you know you dream about the color purple:eek::D

Is it Friday yet??? :cool:

Cam
11-16-2011, 12:49 PM
Cam... deep down you know you dream about the color purple:eek::D

Is it Friday yet??? :cool:

Well, I did like the movie...but I must admit, at first it was hard to see Whoopi Goldberg play a serious role..but I don't recall ever dreamin' about it...now the Exorcist....that one messed me up!.....

greendawg84
11-16-2011, 12:57 PM
Gee thanks Prince!......yeah I know...I really can't stand it but I like pickin' on LHHSMOM or anyone else who sounds like fun....but hey, I made my point about the game.....but yeah, I don't take life too seriously I guess.....my wife doesn't even flinch anymore when I do or say something stupid....just rolls her eyes and walks away......I got all these crazy things in my head cause of Greendawg!....he made me what I am today......:crazy:

:lies:

LHPfactory
11-16-2011, 01:01 PM

If bleedzgreen would have moved about 5 miles east #25 would have been a nice addition to the slot T, course I guess it would be bleedzpurple then right...... :)

greendawg84
11-16-2011, 01:13 PM
If bleedzgreen would have moved about 5 miles east #25 would have been a nice addition to the slot T, course I guess it would be bleedzpurple then right...... :)

That is scary for two reasons : 1. Bleedzgreen and Cam in purple ? :ack!: 2 . #25 with some blocking against us ....
I shudder at what the score would have been!