View Full Version : Devine Warhorses Vs Liberty Hill Panthers

Pages : 1 [2]

Daddy D 11
11-16-2011, 01:56 PM
Hey anyone know where Joe went? I think he ran off?

Cam
11-16-2011, 02:05 PM

It's your fault!....bully!

greendawg84
11-16-2011, 02:27 PM

The halftime challenge scared him off !

warhorsejoe
11-16-2011, 03:05 PM
The halftime challenge scared him off !

Sorry guys did I miss something. Oh a challenge, sorry guys I don't fight for free and old people but thanks for the offer.

LHPfactory
11-16-2011, 04:40 PM
Sorry guys did I miss something. Oh a challenge, sorry guys I don't fight for free and old people but thanks for the offer.

So no meet n beat, how about a meet n greet.....

warhorsejoe
11-16-2011, 04:52 PM

ha ha...meet and beat. now that was funny. No sorry, not into meet and greet or meat and grits, just want to see my Warhorses win this Friday Night. (I can't stop laughing about your commit though).

Cam
11-16-2011, 04:59 PM

:eek:Whew LHP!!...I had to do a double take on this one!...for a second there my left eye got ahead of my right eye and flipped your message so I thought you said a "beat n meat" gatherin'!!!.....anyway, yeah, I think a meet n greet would be a fine idea...heck, us Burnet folks might even show up to that. That is of course, if you'll have us......plus, it sounds like Warhorsejoe is a fine "young" man that would love to mingle with some of the old farts!!...lol....:)

LHHS_Mom
11-16-2011, 05:06 PM
Cam's supposed to be sitting near me and the rowdy bunch... plus he's wearing my purple sweater! :crazy::eek:

Daddy D 11
11-16-2011, 05:07 PM
Not going to name names, but I asked this question yesterday and a certain someone didn't answer it, so I'll ask it again?

Does Devine have any players that play both ways? If so, how many? And what positions?

panfan
11-16-2011, 05:08 PM
Do any of ya'll have gainful employment or do ya'll just sit down at the coffee shop robbin WIFI and postin' to this board. GO LH

LH_Tuff
11-16-2011, 05:19 PM
Not going to name names, but I asked this question yesterday and a certain someone didn't answer it, so I'll ask it again?

Does Devine have any players that play both ways? If so, how many? And what positions?

I don't think he knows.

Purple Rain
11-16-2011, 05:23 PM
Do any of ya'll have gainful employment or do ya'll just sit down at the coffee shop robbin WIFI and postin' to this board. GO LH

Either unemployment is high and it's a tough job market or some employers are not enforcing the Internet usage policy.

Cam
11-16-2011, 05:24 PM

No kiddin' panfan!...how do these downlow people do it?....speakin' of which, I just realized I'm about to hit 1000 posts of nothingness!!...it's time to retire......but for now, I spend my non-Downlow "spare time" helping design weapon systems of mass destruction!...man, if some of you hunters only knew what we can do with lasers & other toys now!!:eek:

Purple Rain
11-16-2011, 05:26 PM

Devine's game plan is so elaborate and sophisticated that it's classified. They could tell you, but then they'd have to kill you.

Purple Rain
11-16-2011, 05:31 PM
No kiddin' panfan!...how do these downlow people do it?....speakin' of which, I just realized I'm about to hit 1000 posts of nothingness!!...it's time to retire......but for now, I spend my non-Downlow "spare time" helping design weapon systems of mass destruction!...man, if some of you hunters only knew what we can do with lasers & other toys now!!:eek:

Cam, I think you should make "1000 posts of nothingness!!" your signature on this site...

Daddy D 11
11-16-2011, 05:32 PM
I'll ask another one too, since this question wasn't answered as well: does ANYONE know what type of offense Bandera runs?

Cam
11-16-2011, 05:36 PM
Cam's supposed to be sitting near me and the rowdy bunch... plus he's wearing my purple sweater! :crazy::eek:

I am NOT!!...wearin' your purple sweater that is....you know what? I ain't goin' no more!!..Cause as soon as I show up ya'll gonna heckle me and hurt my feelins'......:crying:.....I'm just gonna stay home and watch reruns of Dancin' with the Stars!!....Dang, that Hope Solo chick has the face of a man.......

Cam
11-16-2011, 05:38 PM
Cam, I think you should make "1000 posts of nothingness!!" your signature on this site...

That's a great idea Prince....thanks!

warhorsejoe
11-16-2011, 05:42 PM
I don't think he knows.

or maybe.....I dont want y'all to know. Hmmm.:twitch:

hollywood
11-16-2011, 05:44 PM
LH by 14+

bulldog82
11-16-2011, 05:51 PM
I'll ask another one too, since this question wasn't answered as well: does ANYONE know what type of offense Bandera runs?

Multi-set, under center, QB read, option, spread. None of it works. Is that good enough?

Daddy D 11
11-16-2011, 06:19 PM
Multi-set, under center, QB read, option, spread. None of it works. Is that good enough?

Thank you. For some reason I though y'all ran a slot t variation.
How did y'all have success moving the ball?

LH_Tuff
11-16-2011, 06:30 PM
or maybe.....I dont want y'all to know. Hmmm.:twitch:

Really? That's about as lame an answer I have ever seen. I really don't think you know. And yes, as mentioned in an earlier post - Your age is starting to show.

warhorsejoe
11-16-2011, 06:34 PM
Really? That's about as lame an answer I have ever seen. I really don't think you know. And yes, as mentioned in an earlier post - Your age is starting to show.

Ha ha thats funny. So is yours.

LH Panther Mom
11-16-2011, 07:00 PM
Guess a meet and greet between ya'll is out?
I'm up for it if anyone else wants to. Maybe concession stand end at halftime? Somewhere in that neighborhood?

I'm not hard to find. I'll be in purple. :D Seriously, if you don't know what I look like, check the meet & greet photos on the home page. I'm pretty sure I'm in quite a few. Or I'll find something sort of recent to post.

Sweetwater Red
11-16-2011, 07:10 PM
I'm betting Liberty Hill gets it done and wins 27-17.

panfan
11-16-2011, 07:35 PM

I saw some super secret documents - looked like wing T /Power I variations. QB often 360's out from under center, and pitches to who else, #33. This message will self destruct in 10 seconds. or something like that.

LHPfactory
11-16-2011, 08:25 PM
I'm up for it if anyone else wants to. Maybe concession stand end at halftime? Somewhere in that neighborhood?

I'm not hard to find. I'll be in purple. :D Seriously, if you don't know what I look like, check the meet & greet photos on the home page. I'm pretty sure I'm in quite a few. Or I'll find something sort of recent to post.

Sounds good to me.

LHHS_Mom
11-16-2011, 08:51 PM
I am NOT!!...wearin' your purple sweater that is....you know what? I ain't goin' no more!!..Cause as soon as I show up ya'll gonna heckle me and hurt my feelins'......:crying:.....I'm just gonna stay home and watch reruns of Dancin' with the Stars!!....Dang, that Hope Solo chick has the face of a man.......

Cam... what the... !! you watch that? LOL... :eek:
besides there will be WAY too much noise to focus on heckling you :crazy:
just remember... sit near the rowdy section :D

LHPM... I have a picture too but it isn't from a meet & greet :thumbsup:

LHP... are you ready for some football? :twitch:

Purple Rain... I almost tagged a deer with my car during the drive home... it had a HUGE rack!:ack!::D

pan fan... you should reschedule your trip cause Friday night will be rockin'!:cheerl:

LHPfactory
11-16-2011, 08:55 PM

Purple Rain... I almost tagged a deer with my car during the drive home... it had a HUGE rack!:ack!::D

pan fan... you should reschedule your trip cause Friday night will be rockin'!:cheerl:

Fiending for Friday......

warhorsejoe
11-16-2011, 09:48 PM
For the season, Sadler now sits at 3096 yards with 49 TDs on the ground. Sadler not only leads the State of Texas in rushing, he is now the tops in the US. JJ Jude was the leading, a back out of Kentucky. His season came to and end last Friday night. Jude ends the season with a total of 3096 and 41 TDs. Sadler is 7 points from breaking the most points scored in a single season, Ken Hall holds the mark at 395. Sadler is at 388.:clap:

SHSBulldog00
11-16-2011, 10:05 PM
For the season, Sadler now sits at 3096 yards with 49 TDs on the ground. Sadler not only leads the State of Texas in rushing, he is now the tops in the US. JJ Jude was the leading, a back out of Kentucky. His season came to and end last Friday night. Jude ends the season with a total of 3096 and 41 TDs. Sadler is 7 points from breaking the most points scored in a single season, Ken Hall holds the mark at 395. Sadler is at 388.:clap:

http://smileys.on-my-web.com/repository/Surprise/surprised-019.gif

http://smileys.on-my-web.com/repository/Surprise/surprised-038.gif

http://smileys.on-my-web.com/repository/Respect/bravo-009.gif

SHSBulldog00
11-16-2011, 10:08 PM
Don't forget Today is Joseph Sadler's Birthday

http://smileys.on-my-web.com/repository/Holidays_and_Party/let-s-party-084.gif

bulldog82
11-16-2011, 10:24 PM

Bandera? Yes, moved the ball well at times. As I've said we were our own worst enemy. Had so many drives end inside the 5 or 10 from fumbles, snaps over the head , penalties, and so on. We have low player numbers suiting up 22 to 28. once district started injuries hit, from separated shoulder, groin, concussions all on skill players. Never ran a slot t, probly why we can't defend it. See you can have a decent conversation.

Daddy D 11
11-16-2011, 10:37 PM
I didn't ask what happened, or why you failed to score. I asked HOW did you move the ball?

You and Hondo seemed to have done something right against their defense, just curious as to what?

Tejastrue
11-16-2011, 10:46 PM

:clap: :clap: :clap: :2thumbsup :2thumbsup :2thumbsup

Amazing accomplishment in it's own right warhorse and still the story continues!!

Los Owls
11-16-2011, 10:53 PM

Devine Plays 9 starters both ways,right warhorsejoe...But,all season they have only played 1 1/2 qtrs, cause they score about 40 points by halftime.Sadler and QB Campsey play LB'S...

warhorsejoe
11-16-2011, 11:17 PM
Devine Plays 9 starters both ways,right warhorsejoe...But,all season they have only played 1 1/2 qtrs, cause they score about 40 points by halftime.Sadler and QB Campsey play LB'S...

We sub all the time so it may seem like 9 but due to that we will keep most players on the field and we know that LH likes to play a fast tempo game so we will keep fresh bodies on the field as possible. Once we take the lead we will control the tempo and make them pass or play outside their game plan. Our guys are well conditioned for this game. Everything that was said and everything that needed to be said has been said. Now it's just time to focus on Friday night.

Daddy D 11
11-16-2011, 11:35 PM
Wait....Sadler plays LB too?????? LMAO

warhorsejoe
11-17-2011, 07:09 AM
Joseph Sadler, what an athelete. :clap:

YTBulldogs
11-17-2011, 07:15 AM
Joseph Sadler, what an athelite.

and a solid athlete too:p

warhorsejoe
11-17-2011, 07:33 AM
Liberty Hill will bring out the best in us. To that I have to say thank you Liberty Hill. We need teams like you with all that y'all have accomplished makes us want to work and play harder.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H_6lM4uHuYU

:thumbsup::2thumbsup

LH_Tuff
11-17-2011, 07:47 AM
A little history for the Liberty Hill fans. National High School all time rankings:

MOST RUSHING YARDS
Season
8,081 Pine Bluff, AR, 1925 (16)
7,309 Inglewood, CA, 2000 (14)
7,274 Sugar Land, TX, 1953 (12)
7,221 Liberty Hill, TX, 2004
6,962 San Diego Morse, CA, 1990 (14)
6,713 Springdale Shiloh Christian, AR, 1997 (15)
6,496 Holton, KS, 2005
6,446 Liberty Hill, TX, 2006
6,249 Holton, KS, 2003
5,980 Tarboro North Edgecombe, NC, 1996

Still running the same offense. :)

warhorsejoe
11-17-2011, 07:57 AM
A little history for the Liberty Hill fans. National High School all time rankings:

MOST RUSHING YARDS
Season
8,081 Pine Bluff, AR, 1925 (16)
7,309 Inglewood, CA, 2000 (14)
7,274 Sugar Land, TX, 1953 (12)
7,221 Liberty Hill, TX, 2004
6,962 San Diego Morse, CA, 1990 (14)
6,713 Springdale Shiloh Christian, AR, 1997 (15)
6,496 Holton, KS, 2005
6,249 Holton, KS, 2003
5,980 Tarboro North Edgecombe, NC, 1996

Still running the same offense. :)

:2thumbsup

LH_Tuff
11-17-2011, 08:02 AM

If this is true and Devine plays 9 players both ways, it does not bode well for them, especially the linemen.

BTW - LH does not have any players that play both ways. There are a couple defensive players that will come in on offense for certain plays.

LHPfactory
11-17-2011, 09:06 AM
If this is true and Devine plays 9 players both ways, it does not bode well for them, especially the linemen.

BTW - LH does not have any players that play both ways. There are a couple defensive players that will come in on offense for certain plays.

Especially this time of year, the deeper you go, the harder it is to win with iron man football.

LH doesnt have any super stars, just a lot of dang good football players and plenty of depth at that.

warhorsejoe
11-17-2011, 09:18 AM
On certain situations there could be a numerous amount of starters that may be put in to assisit in 3rd and short/long is what I'm saying.

Los Owls
11-17-2011, 09:24 AM

[SIZE=7]No one has stopped the Warhorses yet...Regardless if they play 9 starters both ways..

YTBulldogs
11-17-2011, 09:31 AM
Tomorrow is near, then we'll know. Good luck both teams.

Los Owls
11-17-2011, 09:34 AM
SA Express news...

DEVINE — According to 92-year-old Clark Sadler, seven generations of Sadlers have lived in the Devine community. They date back to when the family bought farmland in nearby Bigfoot around 1848.

The youngest generation includes Joseph, a senior running back who has captivated the town.

A 5-foot-10, 180-pound redhead, he's nearing some of the most hallowed records in Texas high school football. He has run for 3,096 yards and 49 touchdowns in 11 games this season, more yards than any running back in the nation.

And he's become the King of Devine.

“If Joseph Sadler was up against me right now, he'd win easily,” Devine Mayor Bill Herring said. “He might beat President Obama in this town. I know he could beat Rick Perry.”

In a place where half the football team shows up for practice in camouflage when hunting season begins, Sadler has become the classic small-town hero.

The Warhorses are 11-0 behind Sadler and on the verge of becoming the best team in Devine history. Since the Warhorses began playing football in 1921, no Devine team has ever won more than 12 games in a season.

He needs 14 more points to break the state record for points scored in a season, set in 1953 by Sugar Land's Ken Hall.

Sadler, who also serves as Devine's kicker, likely will break the record Friday when the Warhorses play Liberty Hill in the second round of the Class 3A playoffs.

Hall's single-season state rushing record of 4,045 yards also is within reach if Devine can make a deep playoff run. According to MaxPreps, which keeps high school statistics for teams around the nation, Sadler has more rushing yards than any player in the country.

“I don't know what to make of all this,” Sadler said. “My goal was just to get 2,000 yards this season.”

Devine, a town of 4,350 located 35 miles south of San Antonio, has paid close attention. The Warhorses brought more than 3,000 fans to their games for the past two weeks.

Naturally, Sadler and the team was the biggest draw at Devine's Fall Festival and Avocado Showcase two weeks ago.

“Sadler's the No. 1 topic around here, and I don't know what No. 2 is,” said Tommy Weisinger, a longtime Devine resident who writes a weekly newsletter about the football team. “This is probably the best team we've had since 1960, and he's the best player we've ever had.”

Devine coach Chad Quisenberry said Sadler embodies the town, calling him a competitive, blue-collar kid “who's too naďve to think there's anything he can't do.”

Because of his size, Sadler still hasn't received any scholarship offers from Football Bowl Subdivision schools.

“He may not be the best athlete on the field,” Quisenberry said, “but he's always the toughest player.”

When Sadler skipped church one Sunday in September 2010, his punishment was to spend the next afternoon hauling hay at the family farm. This meant he had to skip practice, so he was suspended for the first half of Devine's next game against Corpus Christi West Oso.

He rushed for 118 yards in one half that night, and hasn't skipped church since.

At least not during football season.

His father, Justin Sadler, is an Army veteran. His mother, Lacey Erxleben, helped the Devine Arabians win two state volleyball championships in 1987 and '88.

True to form for the small-town star, his girlfriend is a cheerleader and her grandfather is one of the town's preachers. His hobbies are the four other sports he competes in — baseball, track, golf and power lifting.

“It's just life in Devine — there's not much else to do here than play sports,” Sadler said. “It's pretty nice.”

It would be a peaceful existence if not for how much attention he's gotten.

Just as Hall's nickname — “The Sugar Land Express” — caught on during his record season in 1953, Sadler has one of his own.

He's “The Gingerbread Man,” a tribute to his red hair and defenders' inability to catch him as they “run, run, run as fast as they can.”

It's all a little overwhelming to Sadler, who said he'd often rather defer to his teammates to speak for him.

Teammate Case Frieda has Sadler's mannerisms pegged when he's forced to talk about himself.

“He'll stand awkwardly, thank his offensive line, then look for the quickest way out,” Frieda said. “I've seen it so many times.”

Sadler's starting to get used to being Devine's favorite son.

He said he's proud of the visibility his season has given the town. He has no problem being The Gingerbread Man if it makes the rest of Devine happy.

“We're treated like superstars,” he said. “People will shout at me at the gas station and things like that. It's cool, but I have to give a lot of credit to my offensive line.”

Keeping his current pace, Sadler would break Hall's rushing record in four games. Devine would be in the state semifinals if that were the case.

“It would be the biggest thing to happen to this town,” said Herring, the mayor. “It might already be.”

YTBulldogs
11-17-2011, 09:43 AM
Great article. Too me, Sadler would make a great FB at the next level. His toughness and ability to find the cracks in the line makes him perfect at that position at the next level IMO. I'm certain this kid can learn to pass block if given that assignment the way he loves challenges.

Third
11-17-2011, 09:45 AM
Looking at the boxscore, looks like they used a balanced attack but had early success throwing the ball. Rushing numbers might be a bit skewed because it looks like they broke a couple of long ones late in the game.

Devine 21 15 13 14 63
Bandera 20 6 6 6 38

Scoring summary
BAN -- Ryan Walker 31-yard pass from Kyle Monroe (Kyle Monroe kick), 09:40, 1st.
DEV -- Joseph Sadler 33-yard run (Joseph Sadler kick), 09:03, 1st.
BAN -- Colby Stewart 26-yard pass from Kyle Monroe (Kyle Monroe kick), 07:15, 1st.
DEV -- Joseph Sadler 45-yard run (Joseph Sadler kick), 04:03, 1st.
BAN -- Ryan Walker 12-yard pass from Kyle Monroe (run failed), 01:43, 1st.
DEV -- Jordan Fraga 60-yard run (Joseph Sadler kick), 00:59, 1st.
BAN -- Ryan Walker 5-yard pass from Kyle Monroe (run failed), 09:35, 2nd.
DEV -- Joseph Sadler 2-yard run (Joseph Sadler run), 05:21, 2nd.
DEV -- Joseph Sadler 4-yard run (Joseph Sadler kick), 00:44, 2nd.
DEV -- Sam Ramirez 38-yard run (Joseph Sadler kick), 07:32, 3rd.
BAN -- Tyler Faris 59-yard run (Kyle Monroe kick failed), 05:56, 3rd.
DEV -- Jordan Fraga 28-yard run (Joseph Sadler kick), 10:01, 4th.
BAN -- Ryan Walker 50-yard run (run failed), 08:33, 4th.
DEV -- Joseph Sadler 4-yard run (Joseph Sadler kick), 03:37, 4th.
DEV -- Joseph Sadler 4-yard run (Joseph Sadler kick failed), 01:48, 4th.

Team Stats
Bandera 505 total yds,
Rushing: 33 carries 275 yds,
Passing: 14/31/0 230 yds

Cam
11-17-2011, 09:55 AM

Actually MOM, I don't watch it, my wife does. I hate that show.....except for the beautiful legs on some of them female pro dancers!!....whew....

Cam
11-17-2011, 09:57 AM
Man, I'm trying to figure out how to get to tomorrows game. Don't think I can go cause I got a sick kiddo at home. I'd love to watch Sadler. He sounds really special. Are there any highlights of him anywhere? I'll check YouTube.

WARHORSE84
11-17-2011, 10:02 AM
Our defense was pretty weak in 2nd game of the year,too much arm tackling.

bulldog82
11-17-2011, 10:07 AM
I didn't ask what happened, or why you failed to score. I asked HOW did you move the ball?

You and Hondo seemed to have done something right against their defense, just curious as to what?

My bad! Some good reads and passing. Only thing our passing consisted of WR bubble screen ( usually never worked ) or 30 40 yard fades or post.

holcomb2012
11-17-2011, 10:32 AM
LH by 17

Daddy D 11
11-17-2011, 10:54 AM
My bad! Some good reads and passing. Only thing our passing consisted of WR bubble screen ( usually never worked ) or 30 40 yard fades or post.

Gracias.

So a team that went 1-9 racked up 500+ yards on Devine?

SHSBulldog00
11-17-2011, 10:56 AM

I remember that year well. Sweeny had an incredible run with Tank Carder as a Senior. It was a single possession game until right before half when the Panthers hit us with a Deep TD Pass. Sweeny did not throw enough and we lost.

That is why I am going with LH. They have the experience this late in the season.

Daddy D 11
11-17-2011, 11:03 AM
So sounds like Sadler will be on the field for almost 99% of the plays tomorrow.
Poor kid.
No team wears down a defense better than LH.
Our offensive lineman are going to wear his ass out.
Going to be quite the shock, going from only playing 2 quarters a game to being on the field for 4 LONG quarters.

Daddy D 11
11-17-2011, 11:06 AM

I remember that year well. Sweeny had an incredible run with Tank Carder as a Senior. It was a single possession game until right before half when the Panthers hit us with a Deep TD Pass. Sweeny did not throw enough and we lost.

That is why I am going with LH. They have the experience this late in the season.

That was a good game SHS, do you remember how tired Tank got from having to stop that Slot-T and then turn around and be the focal point of their offense?

I see the same thing happening to Sadler if Devine's going to play him at LB. If Tank couldn't do it, this kid won't do it. The LH Slot T is just too physically exhausting to then turn around and expect to be worth a darn against a fresh LH defense.

Daddy D 11
11-17-2011, 11:10 AM
Well it's been fun, but I'm heading outta town and won't be at my computer till Sunday. LHPM is gonna be updating me though, so no worries there:kiss:

LH>Devine

LH_Tuff
11-17-2011, 11:14 AM
That was a good game SHS, do you remember how tired Tank got from having to stop that Slot-T and then turn around and be the focal point of their offense?

I see the same thing happening to Sadler if Devine's going to play him at LB. If Tank couldn't do it, this kid won't do it. The LH Slot T is just too physically exhausting to then turn around and expect to be worth a darn against a fresh LH defense.

Sadler is also the kicker and punter.

YTBulldogs
11-17-2011, 11:30 AM
Sadler is also the kicker and punter.

Drives the bus too.:) Stop him is job #1 for sure.

Super_R
11-17-2011, 11:31 AM
That is an awesome article on Sadler. He sounds like an awesome kid.

SHSBulldog00
11-17-2011, 11:32 AM
Tank played LB, some kicker, some punter, backup QB, some FB, some TE. Tank was quite a bit bigger than Sadler but I do remember that game. Thought we were going to win State that year:crying:

Those 9 Warhorses will have to play all 4 QTRS.

Super_R
11-17-2011, 11:35 AM
Like LH Panther Mom said...LH has never had a 3000 yard rusher. We haven't and don't need to rely on a single back to achieve success. The fact that Sadler is a TD away from breaking the single season points record implies that he is how Devin wins. Out of the 67 plays of offense last week for the Warhorses Sadler carried the ball 51 times. Out of the 50 something TD's that Devine has scored Sadler has 47ish.

That, ladies, is like putting all your chickens in one basket. Its a gamble for sure...and when you are playing weak opponents then its an easy bet...and quit profitable. However, on the flip side, when your get into the playoffs its like playing the field...and letting it ride. Eventually someone craps out and you go broke.

I love a good smash mouth football game. I love it when a team pounds the ball...I also love it when a defense shuts down a powerful running attack.

Sadler is an explosive back with amazing #'s.
LH's Defense has slowed and stopped some very good offense with some very talented running backs.

We will all be treated to a very good ball game this Friday. My prediction is an LH win.

No response from the peanut gallery?

SHSBulldog00
11-17-2011, 11:40 AM
Like LH Panther Mom said...LH has never had a 3000 yard rusher. We haven't and don't need to rely on a single back to achieve success. The fact that Sadler is a TD away from breaking the single season points record implies that he is how Devin wins. Out of the 67 plays of offense last week for the Warhorses Sadler carried the ball 51 times. Out of the 50 something TD's that Devine has scored Sadler has 47ish.

That, ladies, is like putting all your chickens in one basket. Its a gamble for sure...and when you are playing weak opponents then its an easy bet...and quit profitable. However, on the flip side, when your get into the playoffs its like playing the field...and letting it ride. Eventually someone craps out and you go broke.

I love a good smash mouth football game. I love it when a team pounds the ball...I also love it when a defense shuts down a powerful running attack.

Sadler is an explosive back with amazing #'s.
LH's Defense has slowed and stopped some very good offense with some very talented running backs.

We will all be treated to a very good ball game this Friday. My prediction is an LH win.

http://smileys.on-my-web.com/repository/Respect/king-041.gif

Los Owls
11-17-2011, 12:16 PM
Tank played LB, some kicker, some punter, backup QB, some FB, some TE. Tank was quite a bit bigger than Sadler but I do remember that game. Thought we were going to win State that year:crying:

Those 9 Warhorses will have to play all 4 QTRS.

They all played 4 qtrs in the Hondo game..Sadler nerve once slowed down in the 4th qtr...He got stronger as he got the ball more and he wore out the Owls defense...

Purple Rain
11-17-2011, 12:19 PM
That is an awesome article on Sadler. He sounds like an awesome kid.

:iagree: Looking forward to seeing him play...

Third
11-17-2011, 01:44 PM
They all played 4 qtrs in the Hondo game..Sadler nerve once slowed down in the 4th qtr...He got stronger as he got the ball more and he wore out the Owls defense...

Yeah, he carried 101 times in his last two games and didn't skip a beat. I don't think fatigue will be a factor. Sound defense and good tackling will take you further. I thought he was a DB though, not a LB.

I think Devine will match up well with them though. I mean, people are taking stats from Devine's second game of the year and using that as a gauge for how well they will match up. Well, Liberty Hill beat Cuero by only seven in their second game. Sam Houston wiped the floor Cuero. There's all sorts of ways to look at this game.

WARHORSE84
11-17-2011, 01:54 PM
When Sadler does play D he is a DB. He will only play D when needed. This kid has taken a beating the last couple of games, but keeps going. There is no quit in him. I am hoping for an injury free game for both sides, and safe travel for everyone involved.

Red&White_9x5
11-17-2011, 03:17 PM
I haven't got to see the Dadler kid or the Warhorses play. There seems to be no argument that this kid is the real deal, BUT Liberty Hill doesn't have the success that they have had over the years without playing against and stopping good players. This is going to come down to who has the better TEAM, offense, defense, and special teams. Just looking at the two teams schedules I think it is safe to say that LH has played a tougher schedule. LH appears to have come out of a tougher district. Not seeing either team this year I am going to go with LH in this one. I just can't see a team like LH, with all that they have done over the years, letting one player beat them. My guess is they put full focus on not letting the Sadler kid beat them. Either way I bet it is a geck of a game!

Third
11-17-2011, 05:30 PM
I haven't got to see the Dadler kid or the Warhorses play. There seems to be no argument that this kid is the real deal, BUT Liberty Hill doesn't have the success that they have had over the years without playing against and stopping good players. This is going to come down to who has the better TEAM, offense, defense, and special teams. Just looking at the two teams schedules I think it is safe to say that LH has played a tougher schedule. LH appears to have come out of a tougher district. Not seeing either team this year I am going to go with LH in this one. I just can't see a team like LH, with all that they have done over the years, letting one player beat them. My guess is they put full focus on not letting the Sadler kid beat them. Either way I bet it is a geck of a game!

Sam Houston had some D1 talent, including a DT that's going to play in the Army All-American Bowl game and they couldn't stop Sadler either. He didn't break the big runs but he was there all night and kept coming. He had 51 carries but averaged over 4 yards a pop. When he credits his O-line, it's with good reason. Despite Sadler getting the bulk of the carries on offense Devine is by no means a one-trick pony. They have some other playmakers that hit you when you least expect it. They've done it several times this year. You key on Sadler and the others will make you pay. They don't make a LOT of plays but make them when they count.

Los Owls
11-17-2011, 05:50 PM
Sam Houston had some D1 talent, including a DT that's going to play in the Army All-American Bowl game and they couldn't stop Sadler either. He didn't break the big runs but he was there all night and kept coming. He had 51 carries but averaged over 4 yards a pop. When he credits his O-line, it's with good reason. Despite Sadler getting the bulk of the carries on offense Devine is by no means a one-trick pony. They have some other playmakers that hit you when you least expect it. They've done it several times this year. You key on Sadler and the others will make you pay. They don't make a LOT of plays but make them when they count.
Liberty Hill will find out that Devine has so much under their sleeves..Beware of the unexpected..Devine will not hesitate to try so many gadget plays..The problem is,they use them at anytime..They don't wait till they are losing,they catch you when you atleast expect it..

YTBulldogs
11-17-2011, 06:00 PM
All this back in forth with what one team has and the other don't. One team faced this while the other faced that.

I can't help but think this will just flat out be a great Texas High football game by two proud schools. Best of luck to both. You both have had a great season.

I'm bummed I'm going to miss it cause I'm going to the Gonzales/Wimberley game.

solocam
11-17-2011, 06:10 PM
Panthers by 14

Purple Rain
11-17-2011, 06:11 PM
All this back in forth with what one team has and the other don't. One team faced this while the other faced that.

I can't help but think this will just flat out be a great Texas High football game by two proud schools. Best of luck to both. You both have had a great season.

The Gonzo/Wimbo game should be a good one as well!

Los Owls
11-17-2011, 06:12 PM

Love highschool football talk...Need to give a BIG THANKS to the 3adownlow for having this great site....Too Bad Liberty Hill season ends tomorrow night....

Los Owls
11-17-2011, 06:16 PM
Hondo is about 45 minutes from Farris stadium but,by 4pm on friday on 1604 is Hell....Your looking about 1 1/2 hour wait on 1604...GO EARLY people....

YTBulldogs
11-17-2011, 07:08 PM
Hondo is about 45 minutes from Farris stadium but,by 4pm on friday on 1604 is Hell....Your looking about 1 1/2 hour wait on 1604...GO EARLY people....

Got that right. If you show up late, this game might be over the way both teams run the rock.

LH Panther Mom
11-17-2011, 07:09 PM
Sam Houston had some D1 talent
We LOVE to play against D1 talent dudes! :1popcorn:

warhorsejoe
11-17-2011, 07:13 PM
We LOVE to play against D1 talent dudes! :1popcorn:

just asking, have y'all played any D-1 talent this year? Not trying to start anything, I'm just curious.

YTBulldogs
11-17-2011, 07:21 PM
Any D1 schools looking at Sadler Joe? I think he'd make a perfect fullback and that would be his best shot at a D1 school. Smaller college he might be a tailback.

warhorsejoe
11-17-2011, 07:34 PM
Any D1 schools looking at Sadler Joe? I think he'd make a perfect fullback and that would be his best shot at a D1 school. Smaller college he might be a tailback.

To be honest, no one knows for sure till end of season. And your might be right about above quote.

LH Panther Mom
11-17-2011, 07:39 PM
just asking, have y'all played any D-1 talent this year? Not trying to start anything, I'm just curious.
I'm not really certain. :thinking:

I know that there were some kids at Rockdale & Cuero, but for various reasons, they didn't play this year. I'll have to check around, but if there were, I didn't really hear too much about them before/after.

Sportshack
11-17-2011, 08:35 PM

On the link from Hondo game 1st half he looked smallish and not especially fast, however, that could just be video. And by fast...I mean true elite level speed at D1 level not at 3A South Texas/Hill Country level. Clearly he has credentials at 3A level (does he ever) and that assessment of that particular video is not meant to be a slam of any kind. HOwever, looked like a lot of really big holes when he was having success. Of course, he cannot help that. Heart of hearts....D1? Seriously asking a question with no bad intent...Wimberley had a kid a few years back named Buse that was about 5-10 185 lbs that had some interest from D1 so definitely not unprecedented.

He reminds me of Trint Wilson from Wimberley from brief video highlights of 1st half of Hondo game. Smallish....quick and strong. I am a total believer that Sadler is some kinda tough!! So is Wilson!! One of my favorite players to watch.

Los Owls
11-17-2011, 09:28 PM
On the link from Hondo game 1st half he looked smallish and not especially fast, however, that could just be video. And by fast...I mean true elite level speed at D1 level not at 3A South Texas/Hill Country level. Clearly he has credentials at 3A level (does he ever) and that assessment of that particular video is not meant to be a slam of any kind. HOwever, looked like a lot of really big holes when he was having success. Of course, he cannot help that. Heart of hearts....D1? Seriously asking a question with no bad intent...Wimberley had a kid a few years back named Buse that was about 5-10 185 lbs that had some interest from D1 so definitely not unprecedented.

He reminds me of Trint Wilson from Wimberley from brief video highlights of 1st half of Hondo game. Smallish....quick and strong. I am a total believer that Sadler is some kinda tough!! So is Wilson!! One of my favorite players to watch.
I think Sadler is not big enough to play D1 ball...He could play for Incarnet Ward in SA and take it from there....But,that's just my 5 cents worth....Owls had a RB kid named Werner in '06 and he went to play in D1 Wyoming..This kid did he thing in Highschool and in the playoffs but,found out that they were alot more and better Werners then him..So, he came back....But,each kid is different and Sadler has the heart to be real good...Good luck to him...

Sportshack
11-17-2011, 09:33 PM
I think Sadler is not big enough to play D1 ball...He could play for Incarnet Ward in SA and take it from there....But,that's just my 5 cents worth....Owls had a RB kid named Werner in '06 and he went to play in D1 Wyoming..This kid did he thing in Highschool and in the playoffs but,found out that they were alot more and better Werners then him..So, he came back....But,each kid is different and Sadler has the heart to be real good...Good luck to him...

I remember watching that kid in Hondo v Wimberley game. He had a fantastic game. Definitely owned Wimberley defense that night.

Los Owls
11-17-2011, 09:45 PM
I remember watching that kid in Hondo v Wimberley game. He had a fantastic game. Definitely owned Wimberley defense that night.
Still have not seen a fast kid like Wimberley had in '06...Don't know his name but,he was the punt returner and he had 2 or 3 td returns on us that game...Damn,he was fast...Still remember him laying on the field after the game crying all by himself...Hate to see a great kid end his season on a sad note....That kid was a dangerous player when he touched the ball..I know...

LHPfactory
11-17-2011, 09:48 PM

Yes, the 6'5 receiver from Rouse (that could leap like a jaguar and make one hand catches) is going to Oklahoma.

Third
11-17-2011, 09:56 PM
Todays article said he's not received a single D1 offer. This after a solid junior year. I also think he's kinda smallish and likely wont be signed. Some kids are just destined to be HS studs only because schools refuse to take chances on smaller talented players that dont fit the "mold".

YTBulldogs
11-17-2011, 10:09 PM
Todays article said he's not received a single D1 offer. This after a solid junior year. I also think he's kinda smallish and likely wont be signed. Some kids are just destined to be HS studs only because schools refuse to take chances on smaller talented players that dont fit the "mold".

That's why I think he'd make a good FB. They say he is tough, not scared to put his nose in there and is really coachable. Frame should be able to add 40 lbs to it.

garciap77
11-17-2011, 10:14 PM
LH all the way! Good luck to the Panthers!

Careful with the cow bell LHPM!!!
http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/LibertyHillCowbell3.jpg

LHPfactory
11-17-2011, 10:18 PM

Brock Fitzhenry from Giddings got a full ride at UT but despite being a super star in HS, I dont think he played a down for the Longhorns. He comes to mind, he was a blistering fast kid that could find holes.

Of course Jeremy Kerley of Hutto (QB) went to TCU as a receiver and return man and now the NY Jetts...bout 5'9"

Does Sadler have good hands? He is built more like a receiver.

Third
11-17-2011, 10:42 PM
Brock Fitzhenry from Giddings got a full ride at UT but despite being a super star in HS, I dont think he played a down for the Longhorns. He comes to mind, he was a blistering fast kid that could find holes.

Of course Jeremy Kerley of Hutto (QB) went to TCU as a receiver and return man and now the NY Jetts...bout 5'9"

First player that came to mind was Welker. I dont know that he's got that same kinda speed though. You never know though cause they gotta get a shot first. Traylon Shead is another stud who couldnt crack the lineup at UT. I think some of these guys almost have to go to smaller or non UT type schools in order to even have a prayer at making it on a college roster.

Tx Challenge
11-17-2011, 10:49 PM

Correct me if I am wrong, but did Kerley ever win against LH? He played 4 years Varsity so no more than 1 tops

LHPfactory
11-17-2011, 10:50 PM
First player that came to mind was Welker. I dont know that he's got that same kinda speed though. You never know though cause they gotta get a shot first. Traylon Shead is another stud who couldnt crack the lineup at UT. I think some of these guys almost have to go to smaller or non UT type schools in order to even have a prayer at making it on a college roster.

Does Sadler have good hands?, TCU is good about picking up 3A talent and transforming them in to D1 success.

LHPfactory
11-17-2011, 10:53 PM
Correct me if I am wrong, but did Kerley ever win against LH? He played 4 years Varsity so no more than 1 tops

The closest he came was in 2005, it was a barn burner, one of the best HS games I have ever watched. LH 49-40.

Kerley and Hutto went on to loose in the Championship to Tatum that year.

LH squeeked by Devine (after Kouciba, Illinois State, blew his ACL in first half) and got beat handily by Cuero in the quarters, Cuero in turn lost in the Semis to Kerley and Hutto the following week.

Tx Challenge
11-17-2011, 10:57 PM
The closest he came was in 2005, it was a barn burner, one of the best HS games I have ever watched. LH 49-40.

Kerley and Hutto went on to loose in the Championship to Tatum that year.

LH squeeked by Devine (after Kouciba, Illinois State, blew his ACL in first half) and got beat handily by Cuero in the quarters, Cuero in turn lost in the Semis to Kerley and Hutto the following week.

So Kerley never beat LH?

LHPfactory
11-17-2011, 10:59 PM
So Kerley never beat LH?

No, 05 was the closest, the other 3 years he had his a$$ handed to him.

This is what usually happens to teams that rely on a super stud when playing to LH ......:)

Tx Challenge
11-17-2011, 11:03 PM
No, 05 was the closest, the other 3 years he had his a$$ handed to him.

This is what usually happens to teams that rely on a super stud when playing to LH ......:)

Sorry LHPfactory, I knew that...Just wanted to bring that up

LHPfactory
11-17-2011, 11:05 PM
Sorry LHPfactory, I knew that...Just wanted to bring that up

Ahh, you lead well...

Tx Challenge
11-17-2011, 11:10 PM
Ahh, you lead well...

LOL, Your boys are the future. I doubt one player alone will shut down LH....

Los Owls
11-17-2011, 11:37 PM
LOL, Your boys are the future. I doubt one player alone will shut down LH....
What Tebow did tonight to the Jets,:cheerl:Sadler will have no problem with da panthers...

Tx Challenge
11-18-2011, 01:38 AM
What Tebow did tonight to the Jets,:cheerl:Sadler will have no problem with da panthers...

Wait, I am a huge SEC fan. Let me make sure I understand. You are saying Sadler is equal with Tebow? I would love to have what you are smoking LOL.

LHHS_Mom
11-18-2011, 08:36 AM
TxChallenge... I simply have to say that I like that av/image/pic you have on... I so need one in purple! :D

It will be a busy morning... then heading to the Send-Off and hitting the road shortly thereafter

Good luck to both teams!:)

Travel safely everyone... and most of all, GO PANTHERS! :cheerl:

Purple Rain
11-18-2011, 09:12 AM
Does Sadler have good hands?, TCU is good about picking up 3A talent and transforming them in to D1 success.

Posters have mentioned FB and WR, but Sadler already plays some DB so can you see him playing that position at a smaller D1 school?

warhorsejoe
11-18-2011, 09:26 AM
Game Day- this was fun and may the best team win tonight. May you all travel safe to and from the game. To all seniors, play like if its your last game, because for some it will be and the best of luck to exiting seniors.
Go Warhorses!!!!

warhorsejoe
11-18-2011, 09:33 AM
Posters have mentioned FB and WR, but Sadler already plays some DB so can you see him playing that position at a smaller D1 school?
That's a possibility and also has good hands. I've also compared him to a young Welker and IMO TCU would be a good choice.

SHSBulldog00
11-18-2011, 11:02 AM
Devine may have the Gingerbread Man but Liberty Hill's Defense is the Baker and they are not very kind to Gingerbread. Someone is hungry:eek:

http://img818.imageshack.us/img818/435/aaaaaaagingerbreadmenco.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/818/aaaaaaagingerbreadmenco.jpg/)

Purple Rain
11-18-2011, 11:08 AM
Devine may have the Gingerbread Man but Liberty Hill's Defense is the Baker and they are not very kind to Gingerbread. Someone is hungry:eek:

Nice! :clap:

SHSBulldog00
11-18-2011, 11:10 AM
Nice! :clap:

http://smileys.on-my-web.com/repository/Respect/respect-048.gif

Lovesfootball
11-18-2011, 12:01 PM
I think that LH has the best chance winning this game if they maintain long drives. The closest game Devine had before Hondo was Medina Valley and that was because they had 2 drives that lasted close to 10 minutes. You keep the Devine Offense off the field and your chances of winning go way up which I am certain the LH coaching staff as well as the Devine coaching staff know. So to me the key to this game is the Devine defense. If they can come up with a few stops maybe a turnover they will win. Unfortunately we're talking about a very efficient offense at LH. Based on Devine's defense early I would say LH takes this one but they have been improving quite well as the season progressed. I am anxious to see what will happen and say whomever has the first turnover via a fumble or interception, will lose. Just to clear up some comments I saw, Sadler does not typically play both ways. Secondly there is alot of talk over this being a one man team, again I disagree. He usually gets 5 five yards untouched and that is no discredit to him but he is running behind a very talented line and the unsung hero in my opinion is his blocking QB. This guy puts someone on the ground every play. Go Horses, but get ready for a battle because these cats will not go quietly into the night.

YTBulldogs
11-18-2011, 12:14 PM
I think that LH has the best chance winning this game if they maintain long drives. The closest game Devine had before Hondo was Medina Valley and that was because they had 2 drives that lasted close to 10 minutes. You keep the Devine Offense off the field and your chances of winning go way up which I am certain the LH coaching staff as well as the Devine coaching staff know. So to me the key to this game is the Devine defense. If they can come up with a few stops maybe a turnover they will win. Unfortunately we're talking about a very efficient offense at LH. Based on Devine's defense early I would say LH takes this one but they have been improving quite well as the season progressed. I am anxious to see what will happen and say whomever has the first turnover via a fumble or interception, will lose. Just to clear up some comments I saw, Sadler does not typically play both ways. Secondly there is alot of talk over this being a one man team, again I disagree. He usually gets 5 five yards untouched and that is no discredit to him but he is running behind a very talented line and the unsung hero in my opinion is his blocking QB. This guy puts someone on the ground every play. Go Horses, but get ready for a battle because these cats will not go quietly into the night.

Sadler is the first to tell ya, all the credit of his success goes to that OL. What a kid!!!!

LH_Tuff
11-18-2011, 01:12 PM
It is almost time. Time for the Warhorses to get Thunderstruck!! :clap:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RukUetw0hAM&ob=av2n

YTBulldogs
11-18-2011, 01:25 PM
Thunderstruck or ran over by a Warhorse. Good luck to my friends from both proud schools. I think both teams will give the lucky fan's a great show here. Both teams have made their base happy regardless the outcome.

Sportshack
11-18-2011, 01:31 PM
It seems that in Devine's first playoff game against a Sam Houston team that was described as a team that was undisciplined and would wilt as game progressed by district mates essentially resulted in the Warhorses scoring being cut in half! Is that a harbinger of things to come as they begin to face more disciplined and hard nosed teams? Interesting question. I really do not have a feel for Sam Houston but the were described as having some athletes but depth problems. I know that Navarro was a solid team that surprised people last year and they also beat a Sam Houston team with I understand D-1 talent on defensive line in Quincy Russell and I guess Magee. Not sure. That Navarro team was handler rather easily by WHS squad on 2 occasions last year. So not sure about the Sam Houston barometer.

However, Devine lost last year to Cuero by a score of 29-28. Cuero was a very capable team last year. That was a good showing and I note that this year's Devine team is senior laden so that is good for their resume. Navarro was down from last year but LH handle them rather easily in their 1st round game.

Hard to judge LH's resume. How good is Lampasas? I think pretty good and they had an all out battle with LH before winning late. I feel that Taylor played a pretty physical brand of football. LH shut down the ducks offense in their game but that was earlier in year. LH also thoroughly understands slot T and I am sure can defense it well. It appears it will be mano a mano in trenches and I cautioulsy like LH's chances to move ball and to slow down the Warhorses running game. The Warhorses will have to be incredibly disciplined and watch out for that damned basketball pitch!!!!!!

WARHORSE84
11-18-2011, 01:38 PM
Thunderstruck or ran over by a Warhorse. Good luck to my friends from both proud schools. I think both teams will give the lucky fan's a great show here. Both teams have made their base happy regardless the outcome.

I agree YTB. Good Luck to both teams(hopefully more luck for Devine). Go Horses!!!!!!!!

Roughneck93
11-18-2011, 02:24 PM
Pulling for the Warhorses! Devine by 3.

LHPfactory
11-18-2011, 02:35 PM

The hour is fast approaching, cant wait till the whistle right after the national anthem.... YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE-HAW......

buff4ever
11-18-2011, 02:41 PM
pulling for LH in this one. Close ball game, LH by 10

warhorsejoe
11-18-2011, 02:52 PM
A sea of Maroon and Gold heading towards San Antoino. Gotta love High School Football.

Go Warhorses!!!

LHPfactory
11-18-2011, 03:02 PM

W-C, from an old Exporter, you best save your pulling for the roughnecks next week. Yall will easily beat R-ville, but Lampasas will be a hand full.

LH got dis one !

Roughneck93
11-18-2011, 03:09 PM
W-C, from an old Exporter, you best save your pulling for the roughnecks next week. Yall will easily beat R-ville, but Lampasas will be a hand full.LH got dis one !One week at a time. I never look that far ahead. Hey, I've got nothing against LH, and if y'all win then congrats. I just happen to be from the San Antonio area and enjoy rooting for those teams.

Los Owls
11-18-2011, 03:13 PM
Sadler and boys get it done again...Advance to next weeks regionals....

LHPfactory
11-18-2011, 03:15 PM
One week at a time. I never look that far ahead. Hey, I've got nothing against LH, and if y'all win then congrats. I just happen to be from the San Antonio area and enjoy rooting for those teams.

Good luck to the Necks, The way the next realignment is looking, looks like 3A in your area will be all the same teams that were 4a in the late 80s when I played for Bport down there.

LHPfactory
11-18-2011, 03:17 PM
Sadler and boys are done again... Transition to basketball next week.... *****The previous may have been edited by current poster****

Thanks Lost Owls.... :)

Lovesfootball
11-18-2011, 03:23 PM
It seems that in Devine's first playoff game against a Sam Houston team that was described as a team that was undisciplined and would wilt as game progressed by district mates essentially resulted in the Warhorses scoring being cut in half! Is that a harbinger of things to come as they begin to face more disciplined and hard nosed teams? Interesting question. I really do not have a feel for Sam Houston but the were described as having some athletes but depth problems. I know that Navarro was a solid team that surprised people last year and they also beat a Sam Houston team with I understand D-1 talent on defensive line in Quincy Russell and I guess Magee. Not sure. That Navarro team was handler rather easily by WHS squad on 2 occasions last year. So not sure about the Sam Houston barometer.

However, Devine lost last year to Cuero by a score of 29-28. Cuero was a very capable team last year. That was a good showing and I note that this year's Devine team is senior laden so that is good for their resume. Navarro was down from last year but LH handle them rather easily in their 1st round game.

Hard to judge LH's resume. How good is Lampasas? I think pretty good and they had an all out battle with LH before winning late. I feel that Taylor played a pretty physical brand of football. LH shut down the ducks offense in their game but that was earlier in year. LH also thoroughly understands slot T and I am sure can defense it well. It appears it will be mano a mano in trenches and I cautioulsy like LH's chances to move ball and to slow down the Warhorses running game. The Warhorses will have to be incredibly disciplined and watch out for that damned basketball pitch!!!!!!

Sam Houston was not a disciplined team which is why they lost. They did have more talent on the field that night. They were bigger, faster and stronger. They had a kid that could score on any given play. Devine won that game because of discipline and will to fight. It is also true that Devine couldn't move the ball like they had previously which is understandable. Take Sadlers 5 free yards away per carry that the O-line gave him and you end up with half the yards and half the points and that is exactly what happened. But we are talking about a tremendously large D-line. Disciplined or not these boys are hard to move. Hondo on the other hand had a disciplined D. They were actually doing quite well before the Devine game. Devine has seen talent and they have seen discipline. Talent took more of a toll on them than discipline did as we see from the offensive production. LH has been described as not having the same caliber of talent as Sam Houston but having alot of discipline. Judging from how Devine has handled that I would say we're better off getting that than a 350# avg across the line. It really is hard to judge these two having no common opponents but it really wouln't matter anyway. All that matters is who shows up tonight. I think this game will either team alot to aruge for in thier next game and the next thread that goes crazy like this one.

Sportshack
11-18-2011, 03:56 PM
Sam Houston was not a disciplined team which is why they lost. They did have more talent on the field that night. They were bigger, faster and stronger. They had a kid that could score on any given play. Devine won that game because of discipline and will to fight. It is also true that Devine couldn't move the ball like they had previously which is understandable. Take Sadlers 5 free yards away per carry that the O-line gave him and you end up with half the yards and half the points and that is exactly what happened. But we are talking about a tremendously large D-line. Disciplined or not these boys are hard to move. Hondo on the other hand had a disciplined D. They were actually doing quite well before the Devine game. Devine has seen talent and they have seen discipline. Talent took more of a toll on them than discipline did as we see from the offensive production. LH has been described as not having the same caliber of talent as Sam Houston but having alot of discipline. Judging from how Devine has handled that I would say we're better off getting that than a 350# avg across the line. It really is hard to judge these two having no common opponents but it really wouln't matter anyway. All that matters is who shows up tonight. I think this game will either team alot to aruge for in thier next game and the next thread that goes crazy like this one.

Reasonable thoughts. Devine discipline on defense will be key in this game as well. Sounds like grind it out and smash mouth is both teams modus operandi!! So the question appears to be can LH front out athlete devine O-line and RB? A lot of folks down south are convinced that the Warhorses will dominate LOS on offense. Folks in central Texas not so sure. Playoff foosball!

sotex
11-18-2011, 09:11 PM
Devine it seems has some big game jitters as penalties have slowed them quite a bit. Tied at 14 at halftime.

sotex
11-18-2011, 09:18 PM
Sadler with 120 yds and 2 extra points at the half.

sotex
11-18-2011, 10:26 PM
Devine 21
Liberty Hill 20
nuff said.

Los Owls
11-18-2011, 11:04 PM
Great game from both teams...Sadler and the boys advance..Liberty Hill not a bad team....:clap:

warhorsejoe
11-19-2011, 12:47 AM
Hats of to Liberty Hill and their fans.:clap:

wimbo_pro
11-19-2011, 12:58 AM
I'm saddened to hear this score.I really wanted another shot at LH. Sorry guys. Anyway...if Devine is alive in 2 weeks, we will do the honors for you and push them into the mud!!!

Sportshack
11-19-2011, 01:02 AM
I'm saddened to hear this score.I really wanted another shot at LH. Sorry guys. Anyway...if Devine is alive in 2 weeks, we will do the honors for you and push them into the mud!!!

You crack me up wimbo...already stirring it up!! Have another cerveza!! I saw a good article posted by Roughneck on Sweeny v Rio Hondo thread...they got a big athletic line and fast backs...first things first!!!

wimbo_pro
11-19-2011, 01:04 AM
You crack me up wimbo...already stirring it up!! Have another cerveza!! I saw a good article posted by Roughneck on Sweeny v Rio Hondo thread...they got a big athletic line and fast backs...first things first!!!

<<<shhhhhhh....I'm working here!!!!>>>>>

Sportshack
11-19-2011, 01:28 AM
<<<shhhhhhh....I'm working here!!!!>>>>>

Freakin' A...still crackin' me up!! well done. for some reason I am a bit buoyant tonite!!!

Sportshack
11-19-2011, 01:37 AM

Oops...got ahead of myself...somehow I thought Sweeny had already defeated Rio Hondo but game has not even taken place yet I guess. My bad! Not sure how I screwed that up!

Tejastrue
11-19-2011, 01:44 AM
Oops...got ahead of myself...somehow I thought Sweeny had already defeated Rio Hondo but game has not even taken place yet I guess. My bad! Not sure how I screwed that up!

http://ts4.mm.bing.net/images/thumbnail.aspx?q=1279106423407&id=d6eeb9cf571a72f81eeefe53a04f65fd

Sportshack
11-19-2011, 01:53 AM
http://ts4.mm.bing.net/images/thumbnail.aspx?q=1279106423407&id=d6eeb9cf571a72f81eeefe53a04f65fd

I resemble that remark!!!!!! :2thumbsup

Tejastrue
11-19-2011, 02:07 AM
Quiet...be vewy quiet..Daddy D 11 nowhere to be found.....
I still say Taylor was the best team in the district...quiet please....congrats Devine...:clap:

Sportshack
11-19-2011, 02:09 AM
Quiet...be vewy quiet..Daddy D 11 nowhere to be found.....
I still say Taylor was the best team in the district...quiet please....congrats Devine...:clap:

Yep...Kiss of death with the thread about D-25 success in round one!!! Nonetheless...represented well.

Tejastrue
11-19-2011, 02:26 AM
Yep...Kiss of death with the thread about D-25 success in round one!!! Nonetheless...represented well.

http://ts2.mm.bing.net/images/thumbnail.aspx?q=1416303550873&id=406fe6329737c7002d3474ae7a8625c1

Los Owls
11-19-2011, 08:26 AM
Joseph Sadler missed breaking the state scoring record Friday night.

But the Devine senior running back got a nice reward by helping the Warhorses extend their playoff run.

Sadler rushed for 190 yards and a touchdown on 35 carries, and he came up with an interception as Devine registered a 21-20 Class 3A Division II playoff victory over Liberty Hill at Farris Stadium.

Sadler, who needed 14 points coming in to break Kenneth Hall's state season scoring record of 395, added three PATs with his touchdown to pull within five points. He has a chance to break the mark during a third-round matchup with Wharton or Orange Grove next week.

“That record would have been cool to get, but we're out here to win ballgames,” Sadler said. “We came up with a ‘W,' and that meant a lot. To be 12-0 is amazing.”

Sadler, playing with a strained hip, did not have a TD in the first half, but he set up Charles Campsey's 1-yard TD plunge for a 7-0 lead by hauling in a 23-yard pass from the Devine quarterback on fourth-and-21.

Liberty Hill countered with Jonathan Johnston's 61-yard TD run for a 7-7 tie. After Jordan Fraga's 8-yard scamper gave Devine a 14-7 lead, Liberty Hill retaliated with Brandan Korn's 39-yard scoring jaunt on fourth-and-2.

Sadler finished the half by ending a Liberty Hill threat with an interception at the 1.

“Joseph didn't have his explosion, bur he got a lot of hard yards,” Devine coach Chad Quisenberry said. “He made big plays for us. We had a lot of kids step up.”

Devine regained the lead in the third quarter after a muffed punt by Liberty Hill led to Sadler's 2-yard run.

Liberty Hill answered again with Brandon Wells' 51-yard pass to Daniel Miller, but the Panthers missed the PAT.

Devine had a chance to extend the lead, but two motion penalties and Liberty Hill's defense killed the 7-minute drive, giving the Panthers a final opportunity at a comeback.

Defensive stops by Sam Ramirez and D.J. Carlson saved the day for Devine.

“Our main thing was staying focused,” Sadler said. “We weren't going to give up. We knew we were going to make the plays at the end.”

sports@express-news.net

Purple Rain
11-19-2011, 09:14 AM
Congratulations to the Devine Warhorses!

LH_Tuff
11-19-2011, 09:34 AM
Good job Devine. :clap:

Papá Oso
11-19-2011, 10:27 AM
Congratulations to the Warhorses! Way to represent the area.

PO

WARHORSE84
11-19-2011, 11:56 AM
[But I will say this: based on previous knowledge, Devine is most likely an under sized, slower South Texas team that revolves around 1, maybe 2 great athletes and lacks the discipline/depth on defense to stop our offense for 4 quarters. Field possession I would think would be key for us in this game on both sides of the ball. Make their main guy do it all for them 80 yards down the field every time, not 50. Of course that goes hand in hand with turnovers, so not fumbling would be ideal as well. But as long as we are making them go the length of the field, we are fine.[/QUOTE]
Great game by both teams!!!! Devine did have great field position most of night. What do you think about South Texas Football now? You forgot to mention Heart from our under sized slower athletes.

99IHSMustang
11-19-2011, 12:16 PM
Congrats Devine Warehouses. Your defense stepped it up to seal the win.

LH Panther Mom
11-19-2011, 12:50 PM
I still say Taylor was the best team in the district...quiet please....
You sure make it difficult to want to jump on your bandwagon. :rolleyes:

Congratulations to the Devine players for making the plays needed to get the win.

To my Panthers, I hope I can keep this short & sweet. I am so proud of each and every one of you. You have shown the spirit and mettle of what it truly means to be a Panther. You have played with resilience, brotherhood and character. "Hold the Rope" embodies who you became as a team, and as individuals, throughout the season. Seniors of 2012, you have helped lay the groundwork for the Panthers of the future. You have taught those remaining how to work together for one goal and to play as one. You have also learned some very important life lessons - dependability, comraderie, composure, fortitude and how to dig down deep to bring the best of what you have to offer. TJ, Matt, Avery, and Stephen - it is not an easy thing to spend your entire Senior year on the sidelines. Yet, you were there every game, providing support for your teammates and cheering them on. Adam, I don't know if you'll ever read this, but I am always your biggest fan. You stepped up when it was time & showed exactly what you are made of, playing with the same strength, tenacity and determination as your older brothers. You are an incredible young man and I am so proud to be your Mom.

wimbo_pro
11-19-2011, 12:57 PM
You sure make it difficult to want to jump on your bandwagon. :rolleyes:

Congratulations to the Devine players for making the plays needed to get the win.

To my Panthers, I hope I can keep this short & sweet. I am so proud of each and every one of you. You have shown the spirit and mettle of what it truly means to be a Panther. You have played with resilience, brotherhood and character. "Hold the Rope" embodies who you became as a team, and as individuals, throughout the season. Seniors of 2012, you have helped lay the groundwork for the Panthers of the future. You have taught those remaining how to work together for one goal and to play as one. You have also learned some very important life lessons - dependability, comraderie, composure, fortitude and how to dig down deep to bring the best of what you have to offer. TJ, Matt, Avery, and Stephen - it is not an easy thing to spend your entire Senior year on the sidelines. Yet, you were there every game, providing support for your teammates and cheering them on. Adam, I don't know if you'll ever read this, but I am always your biggest fan. You stepped up when it was time & showed exactly what you are made of, playing with the same strength, tenacity and determination as your older brothers. You are an incredible young man and I am so proud to be your Mom.

Yay Panthers...and Adam!! You got a keeper in this mom, I can tell ya that!!!

How many starters are returning? What does next year look like for you?

Daddy D 11
11-20-2011, 05:18 PM
Just got back to civilization folks. I definitely wasn't avoiding coming to the board lol

Sounds like it was a great game! My initial post on this thread about field position and turnovers turned out to be spot on. We seemed to have limited Devine on the big plays like i thought, and we even hit a few home run type plays like i predicted. Just came down to 2 costly mistakes. Tough way to lose for sure.

Hats off to Devine though, you boys barely scraped one out that's for sure. At this time of year, that's all that matters!

Joe, my deepest apologies lol If and when you are ready to serve me my crow, I'm ready.

YTBulldogs
11-20-2011, 05:50 PM
Just got back to civilization folks. I definitely wasn't avoiding coming to the board lol

Sounds like it was a great game! My initial post on this thread about field position and turnovers turned out to be spot on. We seemed to have limited Devine on the big plays like i thought, and we even hit a few home run type plays like i predicted. Just came down to 2 costly mistakes. Tough way to lose for sure.

Hats off to Devine though, you boys barely scraped one out that's for sure. At this time of year, that's all that matters!

Joe, my deepest apologies lol If and when you are ready to serve me my crow, I'm ready.

DD, your a stand up guy. I ate some crow with my GZ pick. Try Louisiana Hot Sauce, makes it taste better:)

LHPfactory
11-20-2011, 06:34 PM
The O line for Devine did a fantastic job, they got the running backs to the secondary alot.

I invisioned Sadler as a very fast and shifty back and that was not the case.

What he does have is:
1)Patience (the kid never rushed his decisions, allowed the play to develop then hit it like a freight train).
2) Great vision, the kid has a great sense of where to run (this is compunded when coupled with the above).
3) He is strong as an ox, "the boy aint no punk"....

His blockers deserve a ton of credit, they did a great job.

A friend of mine is from Devine and was at the game as well. At half time I said that this game will be decided on possessions and mistakes in the second half.

LH made two big ones and one so goes the game.

It was however a dang good football game and both sides played their hearts out.

Devine should win next week as well.

Congrats to the Warhorses for a hard fought victory.

warhorsejoe
11-20-2011, 09:26 PM

Non needed, Liberty Hill is an outstanding program and they carry a strong most respected fan base. Good luck to y'all in basketball. This was fun and hope to play Liberty Hill next year in a non district game. Take care and I'll talk to you soon. We have so much respect for Liberty Hill.
Go Panthers!!!

Super_R
11-21-2011, 09:58 AM
It was a hell of a ballgame as expected. Devine played well and made fewer mistakes and deserved the win.

Congrats on the Win and good luck this week.

Super_R
11-22-2011, 03:12 PM
I was wasting a little time and looked in the Austin American Statesman.

LH rushed 42 times for 255 yards
Devine rushed 42 times for 255 yards

LH had 1 completion for 51 yards
Devine had 1 completion for 22 yards.

Damn!!!