PDA

View Full Version : parents suing due to a blown call...

jason
11-11-2011, 03:03 PM
LINK (http://rivals.yahoo.com/highschool/blog/prep_rally/post/Parents-sue-over-blown-call-in-hopes-of-N-M-pla?urn=highschool-wp8428)

should have played better and won more games...

DavidWooderson
11-11-2011, 03:16 PM
Shouldn't have used all of your time outs!

neck_06
11-11-2011, 03:20 PM
This is exactly what's wrong with society today.. When things go wrong, or don't go your way: sue somebody. Yes, it WAS the wrong call, but that's life.

YTBulldogs
11-11-2011, 03:37 PM
This is exactly what's wrong with society today.. When things go wrong, or don't go your way: sue somebody. Yes, it WAS the wrong call, but that's life.

Don't know if it's the wrong call are not. All I heard on the video, a tripping foul was inforced. What happened on the play prior to the tripping play? What was the clock status I mean? In Texas, you can trip the ball carrier. NM plays with a different set of rules.

jockcity33
11-11-2011, 03:40 PM
The coach should have known the clock was going to run and had his QB take a snap and down the ball to kill the clock then run his FG team on the field for the field goal.

If these parents want to sue someone, then they need to sue their head coach for blowing it at the end of the game and not knowing the rules.

bigwood33
11-11-2011, 04:04 PM
Or maybe while the penalty was being assessed, how about having your field goal team on the field and ready to go? As soon as the ball was set, snap, hold, kick!
BTW, there is no way to assume that the field goal would have been good. A 41 yarder isn't considered a chip shot at the NFL level.

wimbo_pro
11-11-2011, 04:45 PM
The coach should have known the clock was going to run and had his QB take a snap and down the ball to kill the clock then run his FG team on the field for the field goal.

If these parents want to sue someone, then they need to sue their head coach for blowing it at the end of the game and not knowing the rules.

Really? I thought after any penalty at all (which is a dead ball), the clock does not run until the ball is snapped. I cannot think of one instance that is different. What am I missing here?

Emerson1
11-11-2011, 04:46 PM
Did the coach try to talk to the refs before they left the field?

and it says in the article the rules is the clock should have remained stopped.

YTBulldogs
11-11-2011, 04:56 PM
Did the coach try to talk to the refs before they left the field?

and it says in the article the rules is the clock should have remained stopped.

Like I said Emerson, I have no clue what the status of the clock was prior to tripping. Dead or alive. Just a reporters/parents take it seems that it should of been stopped. NM plays by different rules I know, and maybe a tripping enforcement causes the clock to start on the snap. Odd if so, but--they also allow ya a free FG attempt, without rushers and using a kicking tee, following a fair catch punt.

TexMike
11-12-2011, 08:42 AM
The play before was an incomplete pass and there was a def pass int call on the play. After the penalty was assessed, clock should start ON THE SNAP due to the incomplete pass. The NM version of UIL has admitted there was an officiating error but there is nothing they (or the courts) can do to change the results. Apparently if the coach had managed to get the crew to stay on the field and get them to realize the error, the whole thing could have been redone starting at 3 seconds. They did not. Game over. Court wisely opted to stay out of it