PDA

View Full Version : Some 1988 Game Film of Carter-Judson State Title Game

Matthew328
11-11-2011, 01:07 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K5d-N8_L8m0

Man that defense for Carter was ferocious....music gets a little annoying lol

BEAST
11-11-2011, 02:09 PM
Didnt that Carter team have Jesse Armstead?

BEAST

waterboy
11-11-2011, 02:25 PM
That was the state championship they had to forfeit for playing an ineligible player, wasn't it? They cheated, thus cheating themselves out of the championship.

NastySlot
11-11-2011, 03:26 PM
the University Interscholastic League (UIL) and the Texas Education Agency (TEA) attempted to remove Carter for using a player ineligible for an allegedly failing grade. The Dallas Independent School District (DISD) challenged the determination of the TEA in court and received a restraining order allowing them to continue play. Carter won the case in district court, Judge Joe Kendall ruling that the DISD, not the TEA, held the final authority to determine its students' grade. (The DISD had ruled that the student passed.) The UIL and TEA appealed Judge Kendall's decision and the appellate court refused to hear it, declaring the case moot. In spite of the court's rulings, the UIL voted in 1991 to officially strip the title from Carter and award it to Judson. The DISD, weary from years of legal proceedings, decided not to further contest the matter......

taken from wikapedia.

it was mess....and it and got worse for some of those guys....when a few off that team were caught robbing dry cleaning stores and video stores.

waterboy
11-11-2011, 04:00 PM
I remember that now that you mentioned it. Turns out there were some real thugs on that team, huh?

coachc45
11-11-2011, 04:37 PM
I remember that now that you mentioned it. Turns out there were some real thugs on that team, huh?

I could've swore that all the robbing and stuff happened before the season....none of those thugs played on that team, all were in jail.

NastySlot
11-11-2011, 04:53 PM
I could've swore that all the robbing and stuff happened before the season....none of those thugs played on that team, all were in jail.

it occurred after....Derrick Evans was the big name player to get busted.....he's the one that signed his letter of intent to Tennessee in a Hot Tub.....there were a few others.

Roughneck93
11-11-2011, 05:04 PM
it occurred after....Derrick Evans was the big name player to get busted.....he's the one that signed his letter of intent to Tennessee in a Hot Tub.....there were a few others.Yeah I remember reading that the robberies started five days after the championship game. Evans and Gary Edwards were the first ones arrested.

coachc45
11-11-2011, 05:13 PM
it occurred after....Derrick Evans was the big name player to get busted.....he's the one that signed his letter of intent to Tennessee in a Hot Tub.....there were a few others.

Thats right....

NastySlot
11-11-2011, 05:19 PM
those fools were using Evan's mother's BMW in some of the robberies........even claimed that following state...there was just a let down in their lives..no excitement bs.

DavidWooderson
11-11-2011, 07:23 PM
That was the team that I think had 12 or 13 Division 1 signees and Armstead was one of them. They made a circus out of them when they all signed their letters of intent. I think a couple of them were at a club, one signed from a hot tub, craziness.