PDA

View Full Version : Please read and keep at the top

District303aPastPlayer
11-13-2003, 12:54 PM
This is getting juvenile. honestly, the players on the field are who the HS playoffs is all about. if you as a person, are sitting there, getting riled up about a game that you are NOT involved in, something is terribly wrong. This is a game of boys(and some girls). Let us not take the purity out of HS football and make it something for our own personal vendetta against someone in cyberspace. I remember when i was on the field, wearing maroon and white, those were the best 6 years, from 7th grade til my senior year, because i Was a Pirate i knew that the town would be supporting me, and not bickering amongst our opponents and acting like young children. Now, i can say that our past time, our love, High School football is bein perversed due to immaturity and selfishness. Before you post on this board, i beg you to please proofread what you are posting, and think of the consequences and reprocussions that come along with talking bad about other towns and teams. Remember, they are only children.

Old Green
11-13-2003, 12:57 PM
District303aPastPlayer:
This is getting juvenile. honestly, the players on the field are who the HS playoffs is all about. if you as a person, are sitting there, getting riled up about a game that you are NOT involved in, something is terribly wrong. This is a game of boys(and some girls). Let us not take the purity out of HS football and make it something for our own personal vendetta against someone in cyberspace. I remember when i was on the field, wearing maroon and white, those were the best 6 years, from 7th grade til my senior year, because i Was a Pirate i knew that the town would be supporting me, and not bickering amongst our opponents and acting like young children. Now, i can say that our past time, our love, High School football is bein perversed due to immaturity and selfishness. Before you post on this board, i beg you to please proofread what you are posting, and think of the consequences and reprocussions that come along with talking bad about other towns and teams. Remember, they are only children.I agree with you 100%.

pirateman98
11-13-2003, 12:59 PM
Well put there D303aPP. I do agree with you on that one.

Old No. 7
11-13-2003, 01:09 PM
Amen brother. :) :)

dawgmeister
11-13-2003, 01:59 PM
Amen to that, bro! No matter what kind of uniform you wear to the game; if you're involved on the field, Friday nights are special in small town Texas. :cool:

LogieJoeBean001
11-13-2003, 02:02 PM
Ditto!!!!!

bulldogvet85
11-13-2003, 02:23 PM
I agree

District303aPastPlayer
11-13-2003, 02:32 PM
thank you all for your support. the main reason i posted this is because i know the pressures that come with friday night... and above all, it NEEDED to be said

whrtntig1
11-13-2003, 03:54 PM
It's just not the football players involved Friday nights but the cheerleaders, band,drill team, and the students who come to support their school. They will reflect what the adults around them do. So when you go to a game or even post on forums like these, remember there are kids, listening or reading who might want to imitate your behavior-bad or good! Be mature and don't take the fun out of the game.

District303aPastPlayer
11-13-2003, 05:03 PM
ttt

K-TownBoi
11-13-2003, 08:41 PM
Go Kennedale!!!!!!!!!
Boo Sanger!!!!!!!!!!!

sinton66
11-13-2003, 09:02 PM
Bravo, Aaron, well said! You're showing signs of wisdom well beyond your years.

3afan
11-13-2003, 09:11 PM
District303aPastPlayer:
This is getting juvenile. honestly, the players on the field are who the HS playoffs is all about. if you as a person, are sitting there, getting riled up about a game that you are NOT involved in, something is terribly wrong. This is a game of boys(and some girls). Let us not take the purity out of HS football and make it something for our own personal vendetta against someone in cyberspace. I remember when i was on the field, wearing maroon and white, those were the best 6 years, from 7th grade til my senior year, because i Was a Pirate i knew that the town would be supporting me, and not bickering amongst our opponents and acting like young children. Now, i can say that our past time, our love, High School football is bein perversed due to immaturity and selfishness. Before you post on this board, i beg you to please proofread what you are posting, and think of the consequences and reprocussions that come along with talking bad about other towns and teams. Remember, they are only children..
do you think it really MATTERS what people say on here? people you dont even KNOW? yeah there is some mean, stupid things said on here but it all needs to go in one ear and out the other ...... its like wrestling, its just entertainment and you can't take it seriously

<small>[ November 13, 2003, 08:13 PM: Message edited by: 3afan ]</small>

sinton66
11-13-2003, 09:32 PM
I think his point is that the kids from our towns do read these boards, and tend (generally) to follow our examples. Why not try our best to provide good ones for them to follow? I agree it shouldn't matter, and even that it probably doesn't matter to those of us who are adults. But the kids might not know the difference. wink

District303aPastPlayer
11-13-2003, 11:13 PM
3afan:

District303aPastPlayer:
This is getting juvenile. honestly, the players on the field are who the HS playoffs is all about. if you as a person, are sitting there, getting riled up about a game that you are NOT involved in, something is terribly wrong. This is a game of boys(and some girls). Let us not take the purity out of HS football and make it something for our own personal vendetta against someone in cyberspace. I remember when i was on the field, wearing maroon and white, those were the best 6 years, from 7th grade til my senior year, because i Was a Pirate i knew that the town would be supporting me, and not bickering amongst our opponents and acting like young children. Now, i can say that our past time, our love, High School football is bein perversed due to immaturity and selfishness. Before you post on this board, i beg you to please proofread what you are posting, and think of the consequences and reprocussions that come along with talking bad about other towns and teams. Remember, they are only children..
do you think it really MATTERS what people say on here? people you dont even KNOW? yeah there is some mean, stupid things said on here but it all needs to go in one ear and out the other ...... its like wrestling, its just entertainment and you can't take it seriouslyim only saying this because i know what it was like to read things as a player...thats all

<small>[ November 13, 2003, 10:16 PM: Message edited by: District303aPastPlayer ]</small>

SintonFan
11-14-2003, 03:45 AM
District303aPastPlayer:
This is getting juvenile. honestly, the players on the field are who the HS playoffs is all about. if you as a person, are sitting there, getting riled up about a game that you are NOT involved in, something is terribly wrong. This is a game of boys(and some girls). Let us not take the purity out of HS football and make it something for our own personal vendetta against someone in cyberspace. I remember when i was on the field, wearing maroon and white, those were the best 6 years, from 7th grade til my senior year, because i Was a Pirate i knew that the town would be supporting me, and not bickering amongst our opponents and acting like young children. Now, i can say that our past time, our love, High School football is bein perversed due to immaturity and selfishness. Before you post on this board, i beg you to please proofread what you are posting, and think of the consequences and reprocussions that come along with talking bad about other towns and teams. Remember, they are only children.Extremely well put! This what many of us strive for. Kudos District303aPastPlayer! http://www.click-smilie.de/sammlung0903/cool/cool-smiley-006.gif
3afan, what's wrong with some P's and Q's?