PDA

View Full Version : Who has the best chance of knocking Wimberley out in region 4

warhorsejoe
11-09-2011, 10:10 PM
If we get pass the first 1st, 2nd and 3rd round, I think we have a chance to upset Wimberley.

YTBulldogs
11-09-2011, 10:14 PM
If we get pass the first 1st, 2nd and 3rd round, I think we have a chance to upset Wimberley.

If they are still there by that round:p

I think the GZ/Wim winner will play ya'll for the R4 finals.

Tejastrue
11-09-2011, 10:39 PM

Not sounding very confident there Warhorse....

Tejastrue
11-09-2011, 10:42 PM

Prediction...Gonzo's defense will be exposed....:eek:

YTBulldogs
11-09-2011, 10:48 PM
Prediction...Gonzo's defense will be exposed....:eek:

Or, ya'lls offense. :eek:

Tejastrue
11-09-2011, 11:15 PM
Or, ya'lls offense. :eek:

That will be tough...we can be pretty offensive....:D

SHSBulldog00
11-09-2011, 11:34 PM
Wimberley

Manso/V8
11-09-2011, 11:57 PM
Taylor is the only team that has a chance of knocking Wimberley out of Region 4 this week.

warhorsejoe
11-10-2011, 12:16 AM
Not sounding very confident there Warhorse....

Hey anything could happen. Any team is due for a bad day. just saying.

bbfan2010
11-10-2011, 09:48 AM
I was not impressed by wimberley. I personally think they are extremely overrated. There offense is extremely predictable. People forget that it was 14-6 at halftime against 1-9 Bandera. If it wasn't for Blakemore bailing them out on some pretty good catches it would of been a closer game. I think most of there TD's were on plays over 20 yards when they get to the goaline they collapse. I predict Devine will beat them, only if Devine's Defense comes out and holds, Bandera put up the most points on Devine (38) all season.

hollywood
11-10-2011, 09:54 AM
Wimberley

lol, that was my guess.

Cam
11-10-2011, 10:59 AM
Taylor!

Tejastrue
11-10-2011, 11:40 AM
I was not impressed by wimberley. I personally think they are extremely overrated. There offense is extremely predictable. People forget that it was 14-6 at halftime against 1-9 Bandera. If it wasn't for Blakemore bailing them out on some pretty good catches it would of been a closer game. I think most of there TD's were on plays over 20 yards when they get to the goaline they collapse. I predict Devine will beat them, only if Devine's Defense comes out and holds, Bandera put up the most points on Devine (38) all season.

:weeping: :weeping: :weeping: What was the final score dude? Stop your crying...maybe give your team a little more credit though...they've showed signs of getting better..just not for 4 qtrs... Blakemore is a Texan...he plays for the Texans....you throw the ball... he makes the catch..he scorrrrrresss!!!!! Isn't that what he's suppose to do? :doh:

BearFan1
11-10-2011, 12:16 PM
wimberly is a good team. gonzales is no where near as talented. wimbo makes it throught region 4 with ease

jp744
11-10-2011, 01:53 PM
Devine!

warhorsejoe
11-10-2011, 02:21 PM

:iagree:

you're right, if they make it that far or get pass Hondo/Gonzales/Sinton :stirpot:

warhorsejoe
11-10-2011, 02:21 PM
Devine!

:iagree:

LHPfactory
11-10-2011, 03:29 PM
If LH can get that far, I believe they have the best chance, Its a rivalry thing, and you know that has a set of intangibles all its own.

Like Grandmama said wimpy, "watch out what you ask for, you just might get it" .......... :)

Sportshack
11-11-2011, 12:35 PM

I was not impressed with WHS either in 1st half of Bandera game in early going. However, as bad as they looked...QB fumbled ball about y'all's 5-yard line on play that had them set up to score...it very easily could have been 21-7 at half!!! 21 points is not bad in 1st half. And sometimes kids underestimate teams that are having a rough year. Bandera got monkey stomped in 3rd quarter and that included flat out getting their arses run over on defense. Wimberley then went on to beat undefeated Canyon Lake (8-2 and in 3-way tie for 2nd at end of season) 50-14 on the Hawks field. Later beat Navarro (in playoffs) 38-7 on their own field. Finally finished off Boerne (final playoff team) 49-10 in a total dismantling. That does not count soundly beating a 7-3 4A dripping springs squad that only lost to Lake Travis and Cedar Park in District and who thoroughly thrashed their 1st playoff opponent last nite. Oh yeah they beat district champ Sealy on their own field and beat Lavernia (playoff team) 35-7. Sheeesh. I agree Wimberley has a weakness in that their O-line does not quite have the hosses they have in other areas but they have been improving since your game. Also, Wimberley defensive front 8 has been nails all year agasinst the run. I cannot see a one dimensional team dominating them but hey...anything is possible...cuz if they are that good they are that good. Recall Canygon Lake RB had several 300 yard games and some 200 yard games. he did not break 100 against WHS. Just saying!

Manso/V8
11-11-2011, 12:44 PM
Grocery stores around San Marcos and Hays County have been selling Wimberley Kool-Aid all year.
Get some while you can!

Sportshack
11-11-2011, 12:47 PM
Any of the teams that Wimberley faces in the 2nd, 3rd, and 4th round could pull off the upset. The Texas are certainly human...but a very good team...obviously. I would not think that a one dimensional team could stop them but who knows. They lost to Coldspring last year and that team was one dimensional with a man eater defense and a RB with speed to burn (and I mean 4.3 type speed) playing behind good o-line. However, this year's Texan defense is quite simply better. Do any of the contenders in Region IV have a really effective passing game? I heard Ingleside can pass the ball.

I hear Gonzales has the defense, Devine has the dominating running game, Hondo is balanced and getting players back, Ingelside is high flying...who knows for sure.

I will say this in response to talk about great RB's etc. It is hard for me to imagine Saddler being better than Dennis Smith or much better than Trint Wilson for that matter. In fact, the Texans' fullback is quite a handful as well. I can imagine Devine having a better O-line but do not really know. I am telling you that those Wimberley kids can run the ball if they can get a hole...big if. Smith is just big, fast, and really tough. He usually punishes defenses. Wilson is a great pure natural RB but he is just smaller. He has great moves and finishes runs with authority as he is much stronger than he looks based on his wiry build. Kelley has incredible heart as well. And that does not count a really, really good running Qb in Lambert. The stats are not there as O-line has been a work in progress and Texans are very balanced between run and throw. Also Smith has been hurt and just now getting into rotation.

Manso/V8
11-11-2011, 12:59 PM
Any of the teams that Wimberley faces in the 2nd, 3rd, and 4th round could pull off the upset. The Texas are certainly human...but a very good team...obviously. I would not think that a one dimensional team could stop them but who knows. They lost to Coldspring last year and that team was one dimensional with a man eater defense and a RB with speed to burn playing behind good o-line. However, this year's Texan defense is quite simply better. Do any of the contenders in Region IV have a really effective passing game? I heard Ingleside can pass the ball.

Wimberley is the obvious favorite in Region IV.
Anything can happen in a game, mental errors, fumbles, bad snaps, blocked punts, kick-returns, dropped passes, interceptions, etc......especially in the playoffs. That is why they play the games.
I think that Region IV is Wimberley's to lose.
The team with the greatest chance to knock Wimberley out of the Region IV bracket is Wimberley.
They need to make sure they drink water, not the Kool-Aid, and they will be fine.

Tejastrue
11-11-2011, 01:05 PM
Grocery stores around San Marcos and Hays County have been selling Wimberley Kool-Aid all year.
Get some while you can!

Your true colors continue to shine brighter and brighter as the season progresses. Got a few extra cases in the fridge and plenty left to last thru the SC..:D..be happy to over-night you some if you really want to play the part....:thumbsup:

Sportshack
11-11-2011, 01:55 PM
Get some while you can!

I have to agree that the Texans' faithful love, love, love them some Big Blue and Code Red Koolaid!!!! LOL!! A I recall the Bellville faithful were recently suffering from their own Kool-Aid toxicity problems until Dr. Seals-Jones and company gave them the cure!!! :inlove:

Manso/V8
11-11-2011, 02:59 PM
Your true colors continue to shine brighter and brighter as the season progresses. Got a few extra cases in the fridge and plenty left to last thru the SC..:D..be happy to over-night you some if you really want to play the part....:thumbsup:

I have to agree that the Texans' faithful love, love, love them some Big Blue and Code Red Koolaid!!!! LOL!! A I recall the Bellville faithful were recently suffering from their own Kool-Aid toxicity problems until Dr. Seals-Jones and company gave them the cure!!! :inlove:

Tejas....I guess it is time to sugar coat my comments. I just want yall to know I'm a fan, I sure would hate yall dropping out after coming so far. For sure, I would miss not being able read the cussin' and discussin' about the Texans and their games each week......just having a little fun with the Kool-Aid talk. I gotta admit I'm a believer as well. Region IV is yours to lose. Smack talk is fun, confidence is great, but I am sure Coach Nelms will have the team focused on the week by week task at hand.

Sportshack......I can't say we ever had Kool-Aid toxicity problems this year. You gotta remember we missed the playoffs in '09 and '10 (after 10 straight years as a playoff team), and last year we posted a dismal 2-8 record. This year we were shocked and thrilled, found it hard to believe, with the drastic turnaround and a 9-1 record for the pre-playoff season. That is what a good fresh coach with leadership skills can do for a program. You are right, the loss to Sealy stung, and was a reality check.....and it stung for a couple of weeks. Tonight is the start of a new season. We are ready for our game against what appears to be a very good Giddings team. I hope we can get passed this one and have the honor of facing Coldspring next week.

Stay focused Wimberley and best of luck to yall tonight, and pray that everyone comes through without injury.

Sportshack
11-11-2011, 04:13 PM
Tejas....I guess it is time to sugar coat my comments. I just want yall to know I'm a fan, I sure would hate yall dropping out after coming so far. For sure, I would miss not being able read the cussin' and discussin' about the Texans and their games each week......just having a little fun with the Kool-Aid talk. I gotta admit I'm a believer as well. Region IV is yours to lose. Smack talk is fun, confidence is great, but I am sure Coach Nelms will have the team focused on the week by week task at hand.

Sportshack......I can't say we ever had Kool-Aid toxicity problems this year. You gotta remember we missed the playoffs in '09 and '10 (after 10 straight years as a playoff team), and last year we posted a dismal 2-8 record. This year we were shocked and thrilled, found it hard to believe, with the drastic turnaround and a 9-1 record for the pre-playoff season. That is what a good fresh coach with leadership skills can do for a program. You are right, the loss to Sealy stung, and was a reality check.....and it stung for a couple of weeks. Tonight is the start of a new season. We are ready for our game against what appears to be a very good Giddings team. I hope we can get passed this one and have the honor of facing Coldspring next week.

Stay focused Wimberley and best of luck to yall tonight, and pray that everyone comes through without injury.

Hey...Manso...I love your posts and thought the Kool-Aid one in particular was great. Just kidding around a bit...I did read the Bellville posts and the fans were very excited about their team as they should have been as the Brahmas were destroying everything in their path. Just playing around for sure. I like the Bellville crowd and hope y'all do great. I would love to see you beat Coldspring. Heck I would love to see the Texans play Bellville...uhh...maybe not with that defense!!! Of course, both teams have a tough row to hoe before that would come to pass. Good luck and have fun.

Sportshack
11-12-2011, 01:43 AM
The Team with best chance might have just been Taylor...wow...tough game by Ducks. The 50 points in last 3 games and against district champions should have been more telling. Just thought wimberley could handle slot T. Not the case but WHS did start slowing them down in 4th QTR. It was freaking their passing game that bit WHS late and almost sealed the deal. However, Wimberley found away to win.

Pudlugger
11-12-2011, 07:46 AM
Gonzales will knock the Texans out next week. The Apaches are underated and the Texans are ripe for an upset. This should be GOTW Region 4.

warhorsejoe
11-12-2011, 08:01 AM
Gonzales will knock the Texans out next week. The Apaches are underated and the Texans are ripe for an upset. This should be GOTW Region 4.

:iagree: too bad that we will not have that chance (Gonzales will do it for us). I've said it time and time again, Wimberley is overrated.:stirpot:

Sportshack
11-12-2011, 08:05 AM

The Texans WERE ripe for an upset!! They will be playing like their hair is on fire next week. Taylor might be the team that was under rated!!! However, Wimberley might have been over rated as well. Both teams are 11-0 and we are fixing to find out what is what. The last time these teams got on field against each other was when these seniors were freshmen in a scrimmage in Gonzales. A I recall that day went pretty well for Wimberley but a lot of time has passed. Common opponents were Cuero and La Vernia. Both teams easily handled Cuero. La Vernia was different story as Gonzales squeaked out a win and Wimberley dominated them. Just goes to show it is often about match ups on a given night.

I agree on GOTW. Although...the Devine v Liberty Hill tilt would also be a good one.

IndianFan2012
11-12-2011, 08:38 AM
Looks like the Ducks almost pulled it out :eek:

warhorsejoe
11-12-2011, 08:51 AM
so far, whomever voted "Ingleside" was wrong and whomever voted other was almost right. Nothing like a underdog to get the BEST of the ASSUMED best. :eek:

LV_Bearfan
11-12-2011, 09:00 AM
The Texans WERE ripe for an upset!! They will be playing like their hair is on fire next week. Taylor might be the team that was under rated!!! However, Wimberley might have been over rated as well. Both teams are 11-0 and we are fixing to find out what is what. The last time these teams got on field against each other was when these seniors were freshmen in a scrimmage in Gonzales. A I recall that day went pretty well for Wimberley but a lot of time has passed. Common opponents were Cuero and La Vernia. Both teams easily handled Cuero. La Vernia was different story as Gonzales squeaked out a win and Wimberley dominated them. Just goes to show it is often about match ups on a given night.

I agree on GOTW. Although...the Devine v Liberty Hill tilt would also be a good one.

Yes, Wimberley beat La Vernia badly and GZ didn't, but I can assure you GZ played a different LV team. LV is on the rise with a relatively young team. Giddings also beat La Vernial badly around the same time in the season and then struggled. They are already playing basketball. LV changed QBs and found a defense since that game against Wimberley. Wouldn't be surprised if the Texans get a donkey-stomp from LV next season. Just saying...don't put too much weight on that close LV-GZ game. LV has plenty of kids, and many are playing different roles at this point.

Gontex
11-12-2011, 09:06 AM
Yes, Wimberley beat La Vernia badly and GZ didn't, but I can assure you GZ played a different LV team. LV is on the rise with a relatively young team. Giddings also beat La Vernial badly around the same time in the season and then struggled. They are already playing basketball. LV changed QBs and found a defense since that game against Wimberley. Wouldn't be surprised if the Texans get a donkey-stomp from LV next season. Just saying...don't put too much weight on that close LV-GZ game. LV has plenty of kids, and many are playing different roles at this point.

You put a pretty good donkey stomp on Somerset last night. Sounds like the Bears dominated. Good luck next week. Is it Lampasas?

Sportshack
11-12-2011, 09:14 AM

I simply referenced common opponents and made the point that it is about match ups on a given night! La Vernia simply did not match up with Texans passing game on that given night and could not generate much offense on that given night. I was in no way saying that we win against Apaches because we beat La Vernia soundly and Apaches did not. I was really trying to make the point that it is about match ups on a given night for folks already counting Apaches win. We had struggles with Taylor. A lot of teams would have struggles against Taylor. We will see how we match up against Apaches. You will get to see how you match up against Lampasas the team that gave up 50 points to Taylor last week. Of course, Lampasas won the game 58-50 so appears they might have a little offensive punch as well.

You make a good point about teams progressing as year goes on and you would probably match up better right now...and then again maybe Texans have improved since that game as well!!! Congrats on win over Somerset...and by the way...I would be extremely surprised if La Vernia donkey-stomped Wimberley next year...win...maybe...Donkey stomp?...not likely and therefore it WOULD be surprising.

bbfan2010
11-12-2011, 12:12 PM

I think last night proved that the Texans are overrated.....lol

wimbo_pro
11-12-2011, 12:18 PM

Not even the most ardent Texan supporter will argue with you after what happened last night. The performance last night brought out what many of us knew were our weaknesses. We can fix them, I think. We shall see next Friday.

lbjacj
11-12-2011, 12:18 PM

And Taylor was extremely underrated!

YTBulldogs
11-12-2011, 12:39 PM
WT overlooked Taylor IMO. Hell, I think someone said the Texan JV would crush Taylor. Trust me, Nelms will have that groups full attention this week versus Gonzo.

lbjacj
11-12-2011, 12:55 PM
:cool:
WT overlooked Taylor IMO. Hell, I think someone said the Texan JV would crush Taylor. Trust me, Nelms will have that groups full attention this week versus Gonzo.

That guy had no idea what he was talking about! JV indeed!:confused:

wimbo_pro
11-12-2011, 01:01 PM

No sportswriter had any idea either. I never read anywhere that Taylor was that good...that big, that fast...talk about a shocker. If someone saw an article that said otherwise, let me know, I'd like to see it. WOW. Talk about a complete surprise. I demand an investigation into Taylor bringing in players from Baylor!!!

YTBulldogs
11-12-2011, 01:05 PM
No sportswriter had any idea either. I never read anywhere that Taylor was that good...that big, that fast...talk about a shocker. If someone saw an article that said otherwise, let me know, I'd like to see it. WOW. Talk about a complete surprise. I demand an investigation into Taylor bringing in players from Baylor!!!

LOL, that's my wimbo. Trust me, Nelms boy's are ok and will bring their best Friday. I can't wait to see this one in person. Love Canyon Stadium. Easy access, exit from stadium and a great viewing for the fan's. Yes, it's bright red.

SintonFan_inAustin
11-12-2011, 01:11 PM
No sportswriter had any idea either. I never read anywhere that Taylor was that good...that big, that fast...talk about a shocker. If someone saw an article that said otherwise, let me know, I'd like to see it. WOW. Talk about a complete surprise. I demand an investigation into Taylor bringing in players from Baylor!!!I told you Taylor believed! They had the cheese in hand before SWAT! oh so close to taking the cheese!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_-p8bOoFlPo

wimbo_pro
11-12-2011, 01:13 PM
I told you Taylor believed! They had the cheese in hand before SWAT! oh so close to taking the cheese!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_-p8bOoFlPo

Yes you did SintonFan...yes you did. I will listen to you more carefully now. But not about Sinton...thats all crap!! LOLOL

SintonFan_inAustin
11-12-2011, 01:16 PM
Yes you did SintonFan...yes you did. I will listen to you more carefully now. But not about Sinton...thats all crap!! LOLOLHad Gonzales 21 -7 over Hondo, not to far off on that one also. It's going to be a good one next week! just as good as the Taylor game.

wimbo_pro
11-12-2011, 01:18 PM
Had Gonzales 21 -7 over Hondo, not to far off on that one also. It's going to be a good one next week! just as good as the Taylor game.

Any prediction yet?

SintonFan_inAustin
11-12-2011, 01:20 PM
Any prediction yet?yes. Wimberley 23 Gonzales 21

It'll be 7-0 type of game in the first half imo before both teams get moving some in the 2nd half

wimbo_pro
11-12-2011, 01:26 PM
yes. Wimberley 23 Gonzales 21

It'll be 7-0 type of game in the first half imo before both teams get moving some in the 2nd half

Whew!!! Glad to hear it!! I think it will be a higher scoring game, with Wimberley winning by 7-10. But hell...after last night...WHAT DO I KNOW????

SintonFan_inAustin
11-12-2011, 01:30 PM
Whew!!! Glad to hear it!! I think it will be a higher scoring game, with Wimberley winning by 7-10. But hell...after last night...WHAT DO I KNOW???? I dont really see it high at all, it will take both teams a few quarters to get use one another offensively. Gonzales is as advertise on defense and Gonzales offense isn't the strongest so i see them struggling against a very good defense from Wimberley. But both will find where to atack the 2nd half.

Dub-C
11-13-2011, 08:17 PM
:stirpot:The Sweeny Bulldogs, everybody might want to take notice in Reg 4 Div.ii.:stirpot:

SHSBulldog00
11-13-2011, 08:20 PM
:stirpot:The Sweeny Bulldogs, everybody might want to take notice in Reg 4 Div.ii.:stirpot:

Thanks for the nomination Dub-C, First things First we both have 4 more Qtr's before we can have a rematch.

lbjacj
11-13-2011, 08:22 PM
Thanks for the nomination Dub-C, First things First we both have 4 more Qtr's before we can have a rematch.
Another Thanksgiving matchup with the dogs would be great but first things first!

Dogs_21
11-13-2011, 08:27 PM
We have to take it one game at a time and not over look a good Rio Hondo team.:2thumbsup

Dub-C
11-13-2011, 09:32 PM

Sweeny is my 2nd favorite team!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SHSBulldog00
11-13-2011, 09:42 PM
Sweeny is my 2nd favorite team!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wonder who your favorite team is

http://smileys.on-my-web.com/repository/Thinking/thinking-023.GIF

Sportshack
11-14-2011, 09:01 AM
MAny teams could knock off Wimberley. Wimberley is quite simply a good, solid, hard nosed, well coached football team that the moderators have chosen to rank high in the state. They really cannot do anything about that but lose and they have yet to do so. They could lose to several of teams left in playoffs in Region IV. On the flip side, they can also beat any of the teams that I see left in Region IV. Probably not a dominating enough team on either side of ball to simply cruise through the region bracket this year, hopefully in route to a semi-final appearance, but definitely a dangerous enough team to win every game. Hopefully, they will get Blakemore back and be healthy for rest of playoffs. He is a differnence maker on the field.