PDA

View Full Version : Who has the best chance of knocking Chapell Hill out in region 3

yellaseeker
11-09-2011, 08:02 PM
Any team in R3 stand a chance? :stirpot:

COBRAFOOTBALL
11-09-2011, 08:13 PM

La Vega may give them a challenge.

MGAR
11-09-2011, 08:25 PM

Not even these guys.

http://images.wikia.com/unhalo/images/7/7a/300_main.jpg

OldBison75
11-09-2011, 08:51 PM
No team is unbeatable, but CH looks pretty darn invincible. LaVega, Navasota, or Sealy might have a shot if everything falls into place and the breaks go their way, but it will take a great game from them and every break will have to go their way. You never know in the playoffs what might happen, but I learned a few years ago when Navasota played LH that no matter how good you think you are, once a snowball starts rolling toward you it get bigger and stronger and might just roll over you.

Gsquared
11-09-2011, 09:00 PM
No team is unbeatable, but CH looks pretty darn invincible. LaVega, Navasota, or Sealy might have a shot if everything falls into place and the breaks go their way, but it will take a great game from them and every break will have to go their way. You never know in the playoffs what might happen, but I learned a few years ago when Navasota played LH that no matter how good you think you are, once a snowball starts rolling toward you it get bigger and stronger and might just roll over you.
Post of the day right there!

cowboyandchrist
11-09-2011, 09:05 PM
If you can see film on them or go watch them, you will say how can anybody beat them, but anything can happen in the playoffs. They will be very big, very very fast and strong. They will be the fastest team on the field no matter who they face. Most all of them were on last years team and have a sour taste in their mouth from losing the championship to Henderson. They will only loose if they beat them selves. They have everybody back and healthly, I just do not believe they will get beat. Just my opinion. God Bless

HEMOTOXIC
11-09-2011, 09:18 PM
After seeing CHILL play last year, I was certain that no one would beat them. I guess with the right matchup, game plan, and a little luck anything is possible. But, it will be a very tall task.

Roughneck93
11-09-2011, 09:28 PM
I'm counting on the Rattlers to get the job done! :thumbsup:

83Indian
11-09-2011, 09:33 PM
La Vega and Chapel Hill outcome will be a good measuring stick to see where Alvarado stands relative to common teams Alvarado and La Vega have played:

La Vega 33
Prosper 21 (was first game of season - Prosper has improved greatly)

Alvarado 28
Prosper 7

La Vega 40
Connally 0

Alvarado 37
Connally 6

La Vega 28
Robinson 14

Alvarado 42 (First game of season)
Robinson 27

La Vega did struggle with a 4 - 6 China Spring 28 - 24 last game of season

I would put Alvarado a 14 point favorite over La Vega (Massey has it at 12 and Chapel Hill by 3)

A Chapel Hill blow out of La Vega would certainly put everyone in D1 on alert.

HEMOTOXIC
11-09-2011, 09:36 PM
I'm counting on the Rattlers to get the job done! :thumbsup:

First, Sealy!

Roughneck93
11-09-2011, 09:40 PM
First, Sealy!I hear ya. I'll be pulling for you guys.

HEMOTOXIC
11-09-2011, 09:44 PM
I hear ya. I'll be pulling for you guys.

Thanks! Good Luck to your Necks as well!

IndianFan2012
11-10-2011, 07:33 AM
Didn't everyone think CH was invincible last year?

OldNavy
11-10-2011, 07:50 AM
If you can see film on them or go watch them, you will say how can anybody beat them, but anything can happen in the playoffs. They will be very big, very very fast and strong. They will be the fastest team on the field no matter who they face. Most all of them were on last years team and have a sour taste in their mouth from losing the championship to Henderson. They will only loose if they beat them selves. They have everybody back and healthly, I just do not believe they will get beat. Just my opinion. God Bless

Are you chanelling Rocket? Only Chapel Hill can beat Chapel Hill. We've heard that before.:thinking:

Chillfan
11-10-2011, 10:44 AM
Are you chanelling Rocket? Only Chapel Hill can beat Chapel Hill. We've heard that before.:thinking:

After visiting with a few coaches and players, they are very concerned about Jasper this week. The game that bothers me the most right now is la vega. I still have nightmares about them killing us in 08. At the time we were heavy on the run. Our 1 play consisted of handing it to Matthew Tucker. They jammed us. This year we are as bout balanced as you can get. I think our weakest link is our DB's. They are good but I have seen were WR's are able to get open at times. At the same time, our offense has been explosive and has the ability to score often. The offensive chemisty is back in full swing with the return of everyone. We will be back to seeing the offense we had against WH before the injuries.

coachc45
11-10-2011, 12:15 PM
After visiting with a few coaches and players, they are very concerned about Jasper this week. The game that bothers me the most right now is la vega. I still have nightmares about them killing us in 08. At the time we were heavy on the run. Our 1 play consisted of handing it to Matthew Tucker. They jammed us. This year we are as bout balanced as you can get. I think our weakest link is our DB's. They are good but I have seen were WR's are able to get open at times. At the same time, our offense has been explosive and has the ability to score often. The offensive chemisty is back in full swing with the return of everyone. We will be back to seeing the offense we had against WH before the injuries.

If you listen to the coaches....they are worried about everyone, no way will the admit they should beat someone bad. LOL! I think that LaVega's run game will be the first true test in CHill's playoff run. If they can shut that down and win with a big margin, then I wouldn't worry too much until Navasota.

Chillfan
11-10-2011, 01:19 PM
If you listen to the coaches....they are worried about everyone, no way will the admit they should beat someone bad. LOL! I think that LaVega's run game will be the first true test in CHill's playoff run. If they can shut that down and win with a big margin, then I wouldn't worry too much until Navasota.
Yea, if they were not concerned about every team, i would be really concerned. We have been very strong against the run. Held Athens to -11 yds rushing on 30 attempts. CH has 4 RB's that are impressive. Each has a different run style and will see about 2 plays then rotate. Two ran the ball last year and the other two were unknowns until the injuries this year. They played defense but we had no idea just how talented of a RB they were. I dont know much about LaVega but i do know that they better score alot of points because CH will. Every WR and RB can take it to the house and you dont know whos getting it next.

icu812
11-10-2011, 01:55 PM
With their QB back they will be tough to beat. IMO, having seen them play without him I don't think they make it out of Reg. 3 without their QB. If any team could though it would be CH. The number of good rb's/receiver's they have is amazing. They probably have 6-8 players who would start at RB for most 3A teams. From what I saw the D-line might be the strength of the team though (two outstanding D lineman). Team speed and depth is also impressive. If they have a weakness I'd say its the o-line and linebackers as I remember both being smallish although they are still good. I've only seen them once this year so I could be wrong but that was my thoughts after seeing them.

MGAR
11-10-2011, 02:01 PM
With their QB back they will be tough to beat. IMO, having seen them play without him I don't think they make it out of Reg. 3 without their QB. If any team could though it would be CH. The number of good rb's/receiver's they have is amazing. They probably have 6-8 players who would start at RB for most 3A teams. From what I saw the D-line might be the strength of the team though (two outstanding D lineman). Team speed and depth is also impressive. If they have a weakness I'd say its the o-line and linebackers as I remember both being smallish although they are still good. I've only seen them once this year so I could be wrong but that was my thoughts after seeing them.

I disagree on the Oline.

I actually think the offensive line is underrated. Lined blocked for backs that have over 3000 yards rushing for the season, so far.

defense51
11-12-2011, 03:44 AM
There is no doubt that Chapel Hill has the offense to win a championship, but their defense seems to be somewhat suspect. Will be interesting to see how their defense performs against La Vegas.

defense51
11-12-2011, 03:45 AM
La Vega

IndianFan2012
11-12-2011, 08:43 AM
La Vega or Navasota