PDA

View Full Version : Tony Romo Makes The Top 10 List

ronwx5x
11-09-2011, 07:09 AM
Of the most disliked players, yet he has the #1 selling jersey. Go Figure.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ys-forbes-most_disliked_nfl_players_vick_110711

GrTigers6
11-09-2011, 08:36 AM
Thats because when he got married all the women went from loving him to hating him!:D

Farmersfan
11-09-2011, 08:37 AM
What I find so revealing is how sooooooo many people who like Romo continue to make excuses like "he plays for the Cowboys" or "everybody hates Dallas". The FACTS are that Tony Romo is one of the most overrated players in the current NFL as well as one of the most overrated in the history of the game. There have always been Cowboy haters out there who hate everything about this Dallas team. But rarely have there been as many Cowboys "FANS" that hate a Cowboys player as there are Romo haters right now. I know someone will bring up some other Cowboy player and claim the fans did the same to him but it isn't even close. Hell, even Quincy Carter or Terrell Owens didn't have as many haters. I know there will be a ton of excuse makers come out on this too but even the NFL players themselves rated Romo the 2nd most overrated player in the NFL right now.

http://aol.sportingnews.com/nfl/feed/2011-11/players-poll/story/midseason-player-poll-tim-tebow-voted-most-overrated

hookandladder
11-09-2011, 09:38 AM
I have been a Cowboy fan all my life however since Romo has been has been the QB I have been losing interest in watching them, I have now been to 2 Houston Texans games and I am a big fan. I have never been a Romo fan and I never will be, sad times in Big D.

hollywood
11-09-2011, 09:46 AM
what i find so revealing is how sooooooo many people who like romo continue to make excuses like "he plays for the cowboys" or "everybody hates dallas". The facts are that tony romo is one of the most overrated players in the current nfl as well as one of the most overrated in the history of the game. There have always been cowboy haters out there who hate everything about this dallas team. But rarely have there been as many cowboys "fans" that hate a cowboys player as there are romo haters right now. I know someone will bring up some other cowboy player and claim the fans did the same to him but it isn't even close. Hell, even quincy carter or terrell owens didn't have as many haters. I know there will be a ton of excuse makers come out on this too but even the nfl players themselves rated romo the 2nd most overrated player in the nfl right now.

http://aol.sportingnews.com/nfl/feed/2011-11/players-poll/story/midseason-player-poll-tim-tebow-voted-most-overrated

^ yes!

hollywood
11-09-2011, 09:49 AM
I sent this to a friend of mine last night who is a huge Romo fan. He said he would root for the next team Romo goes to. I laughed hard. I threatened to take his Cowboy man card away because he admitted he's more a Romosexual than a Cowboy fan in my eyes! LOL

Ranger354
11-09-2011, 10:09 AM
Romo's stats are better then most except for one thing. He hasn't won the big game. If he would have at least gotten them to the big dance a couple of times and maybe won just, once no one would be bitching at Romo. He is a loose cannon that has had (??) how many different head coaches? And then throw in JJ who has his hands into everything. Hell, it is a wonder they win any games.

I am NOT a big ROMO fan but I am NOT a hater either. Hating is just wasting time. I have some buddies that are Steeler Fans and Cowboy haters..... Good Lord get over it already. Life it too freaking short to HATE another team....

When they put the paddles on your chest and yell CLEAR it gives you a different perspective on life.

The Boys will be the boys and they will win someday.....Maybe.

Txbroadcaster
11-09-2011, 10:10 AM
Hey FF..explain how an undrafted player is the most overrated?..especially as u claim in the history of the NFL?

Saggy Aggie
11-09-2011, 10:27 AM
what does a draft several years ago have to do with how he's perceived now?

Brady was a 6th round pick but that doesnt mean he cant be overrated. You dont have to be a first round pick to be overrated because where you got drafted 5-10 years ago has absolutely no affect on your performance on the field currently.

Txbroadcaster
11-09-2011, 10:35 AM
what does a draft several years ago have to do with how he's perceived now?

Brady was a 6th round pick but that doesnt mean he cant be overrated. You dont have to be a first round pick to be overrated because where you got drafted 5-10 years ago has absolutely no affect on your performance on the field currently.

When talking in totality of a career like FF then yes where they were drafted is a big deal IMO...You cant claim someone's whole career is overrated if they were never expected to be anything

If your talking a season or a few seasons then yes I agree draft does not matter