PDA

View Full Version : Please post 11-8-11 Volleyball playoff results here

Phil C
11-08-2011, 11:11 AM
I know it is early but we should have a good one tonight between Sinton and Ingleside at Portland at 7 P.M. tonight. See article below and see Ingleside Coach's comment in the fifith paragraph. This is going to be a good one.

http://www.caller.com/news/2011/nov/07/sh/?partner=yahoo_feeds

ccmom
11-08-2011, 12:15 PM
I know it is early but we should have a good one tonight between Sinton and Ingleside at Portland at 7 P.M. tonight. See article below and see Ingleside Coach's comment in the fifith paragraph. This is going to be a good one.

http://www.caller.com/news/2011/nov/07/sh/?partner=yahoo_feeds Good article and should be an exciting match! Good luck!

#7 Wylie takes on #10 Decatur tonight in Graham. Wylie knocked out Decatur last year, so I'm sure they will be looking to return the favor. Go Lady Bulldogs!

sportsgram
11-08-2011, 12:16 PM
#1 Lovejoy vs. #2 Argyle tonight. You can catch it live on our site. If our cell coverage is good enough, we might possibly have LIVE video, but we'll
tape delay it as well for those that want to watch in on Wednesday.

sportsgram
11-08-2011, 12:41 PM
The ISD where the match is being played is granting us access to their hardwired network. This should allow us to do a live video of the match tonight! Match is scheduled to
start at 7:00. Not going to be home? You should be able to watch the game on you mobile device.. Just use you regular browser and go to our home page and click on live events. You can test that ability prior to the match tonight by checking our archives and see if you can view the Red Oak vs. Forney football game. The same technology was used for that game. if you can watch that archive you should be good for tonight.

pirate4state
11-08-2011, 01:37 PM

http://www.caller.com/news/2011/nov/07/sh/?partner=yahoo_feeds

Oh, it's ON!!! I can not WAIT for this game!!!

Phil C
11-08-2011, 02:34 PM
This is the exact quote from today's Corpus Christi Caller-Times

"Sinton has (11) seniors and, we've heard all this talk that this is their year. That just pushes my girls that much more to know how cool it would be to take it away from them when it matters most as compared to a district match. We're ready to play. We're peaking at the right time, and we'll see."

Jamie Turnbough, Ingleside volleyball coach on her teams' rivalry with Sinton.

Phil C
11-08-2011, 02:35 PM

"Sinton has (11) seniors and, we've heard all this talk that this is their year. That just pushes my girls that much more to know how cool it would be to take it away from them when it matters most as compared to a district match. We're ready to play. We're peaking at the right time, and we'll see."

Man this is going to be a great night.

BlueThunder5
11-08-2011, 02:47 PM

This should be a great game tonight. Ingleside hasn't beaten Sinton this year in volleyball but from what I hear every match has be close. Maybe this will be the Lady Stangs night to finally get the W.
Go Lady Stangs!

MUSTANG69
11-08-2011, 05:17 PM
This should be a great game tonight. Ingleside hasn't beaten Sinton this year in volleyball but from what I hear every match has be close. Maybe this will be the Lady Stangs night to finally get the W.
Go Lady Stangs!

Even though I think Sinton is going to win, it would be a great night for the Lady Stangs to pull off the upset. Maybe the "third time is a charm".

ccmom
11-08-2011, 05:29 PM
Y'all have peaked my interest re: Sinton/Ingleside. Is there a webcast of the game? I thought I might listen to part of it while listening to Wylie/Decatur.

Leopard4Life
11-08-2011, 08:12 PM
Lovejoy defeated Argyle 25-15 in the first game. LJ is up in the second game.

SintonFan_inAustin
11-08-2011, 08:14 PM
Oh, it's ON!!! I can not WAIT for this game!!! Got out of work to late to make it to the game, Good luck lady Pirates! any updates?

sinton66
11-08-2011, 08:29 PM
Game 1: SLP 25 ingleside 14

SintonFan
11-08-2011, 08:30 PM
Y'all have peaked my interest re: Sinton/Ingleside. Is there a webcast of the game? I thought I might listen to part of it while listening to Wylie/Decatur.

No webcast that I'm aware of. :(

sinton66
11-08-2011, 08:31 PM
Game 2: SLP 25 ingleside 18

Leopard4Life
11-08-2011, 08:33 PM
Lovejoy defeated Argyle 25-15 in the first game. LJ is up in the second game.

2nd game 25-10 LJ

ccmom
11-08-2011, 08:36 PM
#7 Wylie defeated #10 Decatur
25-23
25-18
25-21

Great win for the Lady Bulldogs over a TOUGH Decatur team. On to the the Regional Tourney!!:clap::2thumbsup

sinton66
11-08-2011, 08:37 PM
Got out of work to late to make it to the game, Good luck lady Pirates! any updates?

Sinton Booster is updating on Facebook.

SintonFan_inAustin
11-08-2011, 08:47 PM
Sinton Booster is updating on Facebook.tks for the updates, its first to 3 matches correct?

SintonFan_inAustin
11-08-2011, 08:52 PM
Sinton Booster is updating on Facebook. i dont have facebook account, it doesn't show any updates.

sinton66
11-08-2011, 08:53 PM
SLP sweeps Ingleside in 3 games, Game 3 25-9

SintonFan_inAustin
11-08-2011, 08:55 PM
SLP sweeps Ingleside in 3 games, Game 3 25-9 :clap: :cheerl:

Leopard4Life
11-08-2011, 08:57 PM
2nd game 25-10 LJ

3rd game 25-17 LJ

#2 team in the state is out. I would like to see all the best teams in the state meet for the Championship, not #1 vs. #2 in 2nd round. I know high school sports can't afford the travel for a true bracket (especially with the size of Texas), but it would still be great to watch.

sinton66
11-08-2011, 09:01 PM
#7 Wylie defeated #10 Decatur
25-23
25-18
25-21

Great win for the Lady Bulldogs over a TOUGH Decatur team. On to the the Regional Tourney!!:clap::2thumbsup

Congrats!

BLEEDZGREEN
11-08-2011, 09:02 PM
Burnet up 2 games to 1.

BLEEDZGREEN
11-08-2011, 09:15 PM
2-2 game 5th game about to start.

Bruce
11-08-2011, 09:18 PM
Leopad4life, Way to go LJ. Wondering if you were at the game, if so how did you like the gym ? In away its sad to see two top teams meeting early like this in the playoffs. That's something we have no control over. Wish the best for the Ladies of LJ.

ccmom
11-08-2011, 09:19 PM
Updates on Sinton game?

pirate4state
11-08-2011, 09:35 PM
Updates on Sinton game?

Sinton wins!
25-14
25-18
25-9

Ranger Mom
11-08-2011, 09:35 PM
Don't know the particulars but Andrews beat out Greenwood and Monahans won against whoever they were playing.

pirate4state
11-08-2011, 09:36 PM
Any news out of Wimberley/La Vernia??

pirate4state
11-08-2011, 09:41 PM
Needville 3-1 over Rockport

bigwood33
11-08-2011, 09:43 PM
Don't know what the scores were but Prosper defeated Whitesboro 3-2. Sounds like our girls played well against the #2 team in the state.

sinton66
11-08-2011, 09:45 PM
Updates on Sinton game?

You didn't read my updates?

pirate4state
11-08-2011, 09:52 PM
La Vernia 3-2 over Wimberley!!

ccmom
11-08-2011, 09:52 PM
3rd game 25-17 LJ

#2 team in the state is out. I would like to see all the best teams in the state meet for the Championship, not #1 vs. #2 in 2nd round. I know high school sports can't afford the travel for a true bracket (especially with the size of Texas), but it would still be great to watch. This was round 3, by the way but I know what you are saying. I'm not sure I agree that playoffs should be based on TGSA rankings, though. That's a bit too subjective for my taste. I'm not sure there is a better way than the current playoff system.

Congrats to LJ! Their volleyball dominance has been impressive and seems to be continuing.

Phil C
11-08-2011, 09:54 PM
La Vernia 3-2 over Wimberley!!

:eek:

SintonFan_inAustin
11-08-2011, 09:55 PM
La Vernia 3-2 over Wimberley!!what day will they most likely play La Vernia?

ccmom
11-08-2011, 09:57 PM
Big Spring swept Graham

ccmom
11-08-2011, 09:58 PM
La Vernia 3-2 over Wimberley!!Wow!!!!!!

Congrats to your Lady Pirates! Great job!

sinton66
11-08-2011, 10:01 PM
what day will they most likely play La Vernia?

SLP -vs- La Vernia, Friday, Nov. 11th @ 1pm in San Antonio (according to Sinton Booster on Facebook)

ccmom
11-08-2011, 10:01 PM
Don't know the particulars but Andrews beat out Greenwood and Monahans won against whoever they were playing. Thank you for info! Monahans was playing Borger, by the way.

pirate4state
11-08-2011, 10:02 PM
what day will they most likely play La Vernia?

The region tourney is at Blossom Athletic Center, 12002 Jones Maltsberger Rd, San Antonio. First game is ours at 1pm on Friday, Nov 11th :doh:

SintonFan_inAustin
11-08-2011, 10:06 PM
The region tourney is at Blossom Athletic Center, 12002 Jones Maltsberger Rd, San Antonio. First game is ours at 1pm on Friday, Nov 11th :doh: Wow! 1 pm start!

ccmom
11-08-2011, 10:10 PM
Region 1 Tourney
The Coliseum at Snyder

Friday
Andrews vs Big Spring at 1pm

Wylie vs Monahans at 3pm

Bull's-eye
11-08-2011, 10:14 PM
Bellville knocks off La Grange (#5 in state) 25-17, 25-18, 17-25 & 25-17

Also heard that Columbus got beat.

franz
11-08-2011, 10:22 PM
3rd game 25-17 LJ

#2 team in the state is out. I would like to see all the best teams in the state meet for the Championship, not #1 vs. #2 in 2nd round. I know high school sports can't afford the travel for a true bracket (especially with the size of Texas), but it would still be great to watch.

Again, unless everyone plays the same schedule, how do you know who the best teams in the state are? These rankings don't mean much. Not disputing Argyle and Prosper are good, but what makes you think they are superior to the other teams. Just because they played Lovejoy well.

SHSBulldog00
11-08-2011, 10:24 PM
What's the latest on Somerset and Burnet?

BLEEDZGREEN
11-08-2011, 11:15 PM
Still waiting on reply from the Burnet Facebook page.

BLEEDZGREEN
11-08-2011, 11:37 PM
Burnet lost.

Leopard4Life
11-08-2011, 11:58 PM
Leopad4life, Way to go LJ. Wondering if you were at the game, if so how did you like the gym ? In away its sad to see two top teams meeting early like this in the playoffs. That's something we have no control over. Wish the best for the Ladies of LJ.

I wasn't at the game. I listened from my phone. I was with my daughters in Plano at their dress rehersal for a play they are in. I'd love to see your gym. I think I remember reading that Celina got a new high school and it was based off plans from Pogue. I've seen Prospers Fishbowl style gym and I like it a lot. Is Celina's like Lovejoys standard gym or the Fishbowl?

Leopard4Life
11-09-2011, 12:04 AM
Again, unless everyone plays the same schedule, how do you know who the best teams in the state are? These rankings don't mean much. Not disputing Argyle and Prosper are good, but what makes you think they are superior to the other teams. Just because they played Lovejoy well.

Had nothing to do with them playing Lovejoy well. I didn't rank them 1 and 2. The ranking I was referring to was the Texas Girls Coaches Association Poll. I apologize for not including the poll I was referrencing. I was mistaken in thinking this was round 2. Both Lovejoy and Argyle had bye's in round 1.

http://www.austintgca.com/volleyball/polls.html

Leopard4Life
11-09-2011, 12:09 AM
Don't know what the scores were but Prosper defeated Whitesboro 3-2. Sounds like our girls played well against the #2 team in the state.

Which poll were you looking at? Highest I saw prosper was 4th.

Although your statement is a little prophetic. Argyle #2 and Wimberely #3 went down tonight so that would slide Prosper up to #2 according to the Texas Girls Coaching Association.

Leopard4Life
11-09-2011, 12:26 AM
This was round 3, by the way but I know what you are saying. I'm not sure I agree that playoffs should be based on TGSA rankings, though. That's a bit too subjective for my taste. I'm not sure there is a better way than the current playoff system.

Congrats to LJ! Their volleyball dominance has been impressive and seems to be continuing.

You are correct it was the 3rd round. Lovejoy and Argyle both had bye's in round 1. If the coaches rankings are subjective then why did you list #7 AW vs. #10 Decatur?

No system is perfect and with budget restrictions this will be the only system we will see on a high school level.

Congratulations AW on their win. If all goes well for both teams we may see each other in the finals...

ccmom
11-09-2011, 12:32 AM
Had nothing to do with them playing Lovejoy well. I didn't rank them 1 and 2. The ranking I was referring to was the Texas Girls Coaches Association Poll. I apologize for not including the poll I was referrencing. I was mistaken in thinking this was round 2. Both Lovejoy and Argyle had bye's in round 1.

http://www.austintgca.com/volleyball/polls.html I kept losing track of the rounds, too since we had a bye. Still though, a "poll" is based on opinion, so I'm not sure how that would make things any better. Subjectivity shouldn't play a roll in your playoff road, in my opinion. I do understand though, that your point is it's a shame that early matchups sometimes involve two highly favored teams. I just don't know that there's a better way, but maybe there is.

Question...do baby girls there play with volleyballs in their cribs? Haha Y'all have had an amazing run and don't look to be slowing down. We hope to join y'all at the state tourney again this year and maybe at state basketball again, too. That would be great!

Leopard4Life
11-09-2011, 12:42 AM
I kept losing track of the rounds, too since we had a bye. Still though, a "poll" is based on opinion, so I'm not sure how that would make things any better. Subjectivity shouldn't play a roll in your playoff road, in my opinion. I do understand though, that your point is it's a shame that early matchups sometimes involve two highly favored teams. I just don't know that there's a better way, but maybe there is.

Question...do baby girls there play with volleyballs in their cribs? Haha Y'all have had an amazing run and don't look to be slowing down. We hope to join y'all at the state tourney again this year and maybe at state basketball again, too. That would be great!

Yes, they are born with volleyballs and nets in their cribs. We had something like 73 girls try out for the 7th grade team. I was driving home tonight and my 6 year old said "Daddy now that cheerleading is over am I old enough to play volleyball now?". Our local kids sports program doesn't start volleyball until 2nd grade and my daughter is a 1st grader. My oldest was laughing because I was smiling so much about her being excited over volleyball. But I digress...

Lovejoy is doing everything we can to make it back to state in volleyball. Don't know if we will be there for b-ball this year. They changed coaches and one of our best young players transferred out. If the b-ball girls make state it will be awesome...

franz
11-09-2011, 09:48 AM

Their poll is probably better than the BCS college football poll, but I doubt they have it right. Kennedale was more talented than any basketball team Wylie played at state last year, but they just happen to be in the same region as Wylie. That happens sometimes. I doubt Wimberly is as good this year as last, but get some of their ranking based on the past. It seems that West Texas teams have to prove themselves every year, which is okay, just don't let a poll decide anything.