PDA

View Full Version : Region IV BI DISTRICT GOTW: Devine (10-0) vs. SA Sam Houston (8-2)

warhorsejoe
11-05-2011, 11:24 AM
Time to make our run at this.

lbjacj
11-05-2011, 11:34 AM
Time to make our run at this.

Devine rolls onward!45-14

29-3aFAN
11-05-2011, 12:14 PM
Devine will win. I wasn't impressed with SA Sam Houston.

sotex
11-05-2011, 12:28 PM
Devine wins this one big.

bjrod9
11-05-2011, 01:10 PM
DEVINE! Should be a good one.

Los Owls
11-05-2011, 02:11 PM
Sadler and The District 27AAA Champions, Devine Warhorses win by 21....:1popcorn:

YTBulldogs
11-05-2011, 06:57 PM
Sadler will score 5 again in this one. SH will play about a quarter, then Devine's success at running will tire the bigs out.

Devine by 28.

Third
11-06-2011, 01:25 AM
Anyone have a date and location for this one.

Los Owls
11-06-2011, 05:07 AM
Anyone have a date and location for this one.
Friday 7:30 pm at South San Stadium,San Antonio

warhorsejoe
11-06-2011, 10:46 AM
where are all the Hurricanes fans. :sleeping: This is the playoffs!!!

WARHORSES

warhorsejoe
11-07-2011, 07:36 PM
can anyone tell me more about Sam Houston that I havent seen or heard from here or any where else? I know thay have speed and size. what about there QB/RB O-line and at times you never know which Sam Houston team will show up.

warhorsejoe
11-07-2011, 07:39 PM
i almost want to compair them to West Oso, am I right?

Los Owls
11-07-2011, 08:17 PM
Stay away from the defense line.Just keep going outside and horses will be fine...

LV_Bearfan
11-07-2011, 08:51 PM
Sam Houston is a very talented defensive team with size on the line and speed on the outside. Their line is very difficult to block one-on-one. If you do not scheme to account for them, they will camp out in your back-field.

Offensively, they have a huge line that stands straight up when the ball is snapped. They don't really dominate the line. Mainly they take up space and hide their backs. Your defense will be in their backfield the whole game. Their small back(s) are shifty but don't break tackles. They have lots of wiggle but very little power. Hit them hard, and they have less wiggle as the game progresses. They were actually pretty disciplined on the line and pulled LV off-sides at least three times with hard counts.

Their QB is good. Their receivers missed several catchable balls that would have helped them win. They miss lots of opportunities because of inconsistent receivers.

All that said, they are a scary team in space. Lot's of speed.

R4Editor
11-08-2011, 09:28 AM
Please merge this thread with the current Devine vs. Sam Houston thread.

Devine's Joseph Sadler has been unstoppable all season. He will now face a defense that is stacked with athlete's. The Hurricanes have a been a Jekyll and Hyde team but the lights are brighter now with everything on the line.

Will the Warhorses continue to roll or will the Hurricanes send Devine packing for the year?

R4Editor
11-08-2011, 09:30 AM
Gotw

warhorsejoe
11-08-2011, 09:41 AM
seem like every week we will contiune to have doubters no matter who we beat. that's ok. WE LIKE IT LIKE THAT! If we beat Sam Houston then we will face (maybe) Liberty Hill and we'll have doubters then. To be honest Sam Houston will be our toughest team we face because we just dont know who is going to show up and that could be scary. I guess thats how other teams see us. That good!

warhorsejoe
11-08-2011, 09:45 AM
Sam Houston is a very talented defensive team with size on the line and speed on the outside. Their line is very difficult to block one-on-one. If you do not scheme to account for them, they will camp out in your back-field.

Offensively, they have a huge line that stands straight up when the ball is snapped. They don't really dominate the line. Mainly they take up space and hide their backs. Your defense will be in their backfield the whole game. Their small back(s) are shifty but don't break tackles. They have lots of wiggle but very little power. Hit them hard, and they have less wiggle as the game progresses. They were actually pretty disciplined on the line and pulled LV off-sides at least three times with hard counts.

Their QB is good. Their receivers missed several catchable balls that would have helped them win. They miss lots of opportunities because of inconsistent receivers.

All that said, they are a scary team in space. Lot's of speed.

great info. thanks LV_bearfan. Sadler and our O-line will wear out those big D-line, he will just keep pounding the rock all night long.

warhorsejoe
11-08-2011, 09:48 AM

Devine's Joseph Sadler has been unstoppable all season. He will now face a defense that is stacked with athlete's. The Hurricanes have a been a Jekyll and Hyde team but the lights are brighter now with everything on the line.

Will the Warhorses continue to roll or will the Hurricanes send Devine packing for the year?

:iagree:

Los Owls
11-08-2011, 09:56 AM
You can't stop what u can't catch...Warhorses advance,rd2...

YTBulldogs
11-08-2011, 09:58 AM
Sadler will have a field day against the Canes. After about 10 carries, SH big's will wilter down and they will start dropping like flies.

If they let the Canes get the corner on them, SH could have some success. Also, take away the slant routes.

Devine wins this one, 42-12.

SHSBulldog00
11-08-2011, 10:14 AM
http://img39.imageshack.us/img39/1706/josephsadler.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/39/josephsadler.jpg/)

=

http://img209.imageshack.us/img209/7010/gingy.png (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/209/gingy.png/)

Snotbubbles
11-08-2011, 11:58 AM
Cane's getting back on track. Sadler has not faced a team as big or fast as the Hurricanes. He will get his regardless. Damn good back. But, not sure Devine defense can stop SH.

Yes, a potent running team will cause issues, cause SH lack of quality depth.

SH 35
Devine 31

Next!!!:cheerl:

warhorsejoe
11-08-2011, 12:07 PM

how about adding a poll to this thread...please, thank you sir.

warhorsejoe
11-08-2011, 12:11 PM
Cane's getting back on track. Sadler has not faced a team as big or fast as the Hurricanes. He will get his regardless. Damn good back. But, not sure Devine defense can stop SH.

Yes, a potent running team will cause issues, cause SH lack of quality depth.

SH 35
Devine 31

Next!!!:cheerl:

I think it's the other way around, Sam Houston hasnt seen an offense like Devine's. BTW we have a good Defense too. We'll see.

Snotbubbles
11-08-2011, 12:15 PM
I think it's the other way around, Sam Houston hasnt seen an offense like Devine's. BTW we have a good Defense too. We'll see.

You could be right Joe. I know Sadler will cause us headaches. I do see a close game though.

COBRAFOOTBALL
11-08-2011, 12:16 PM
Sadler is putting up very impressive numbers. The only thing that sticks out in my head is the overall record of Devines opponents.. 35-75 Thats not very good.. All average teams to below average for the most part.. Im from Alvarado. We have been beaten up by people posting about us having a weak district and not have played anyone since the early part of the season. And we have a strong team. I hope this turns out to be a game that will test them. we need one too..Good luck to both teams.

YTBulldogs
11-08-2011, 12:26 PM
SH has poor mechanics, sloppy line play and zero depth. Trust me, after a heavy dose of Sadler, mid-way into 2nd quarter, SH players will be tapping out.

True, neither team has played the likes of Wimberley, Bellville, Sealy, etc. Maybe they are both over rated? Dunno. Even the winner of this game will have those posters stating, they have not played a quality opponent yet.

Guess Devines toughest opponent was Hondo, and SH's would be Gonzales.

warhorsejoe
11-08-2011, 05:00 PM
Is there any Sam Houston fans?

SHSBulldog00
11-08-2011, 05:26 PM

Snotbubbles

Snotbubbles
11-08-2011, 05:27 PM

We have about 52 fans.

Los Owls
11-09-2011, 10:27 AM
Saw Sam Houston player on KSAT 12 talking about Devines RB Sadler....Sounds very cocky and says, his defense will stop him...Thats what 10 other teams have said before...Which i could go see this game..

warhorsejoe
11-09-2011, 02:02 PM
Saw Sam Houston player on KSAT 12 talking about Devines RB Sadler....Sounds very cocky and says, his defense will stop him...Thats what 10 other teams have said before...Which i could go see this game..

They can try. We'll see on 11-11-11=33

YTBulldogs
11-09-2011, 02:06 PM
Yeah, just seen Magee (SH #90) make those boneheaded comments myself on KSAT 12. I can see #71 saying stuff like that. Surprised Magee did though.

Devine coach very respectful of the Hurricanes and spoke of their hugh size and speed. Sadler was humble, and gives all his success to his line. Great sounding kid. Go get 'em Devine.

Los Owls
11-09-2011, 03:55 PM
Hondo lost to them 18-15 last year in the 1st rd..They where very cocky in the warm ups and plenty of showing off...They were'nt like that when the Owls had them going during the game..Those BIG boys were exhausted by the 4th qtr...Devine will have them worn out...

YTBulldogs
11-09-2011, 04:06 PM
Hondo lost to them 18-15 last year in the 1st rd..They where very cocky in the warm ups and plenty of showing off...They were'nt like that when the Owls had them going during the game..Those BIG boys were exhausted by the 4th qtr...Devine will have them worn out...

I agree. Devine's type of offense will wear them down. And, mark my word---the BIGS will be exiting the field with assistance. You must run the ball, and take those 4, 5 yarder's and let it take the toll on them. They can't withstand getting up off the turf over and over and over without tiring out. Their lack of team depth backing the quality guys up, will then show itself.

Wish we would of just stayed with our ground game that we had some success with. We tried mixing it up, and it didn't work. Our "D" stunk too as well. They ran at will on us.

You can throw on them I believe, but--the key to me is to tire those big guys up front out via the run. They have zero depth.

YTBulldogs
11-09-2011, 04:11 PM
What type of offensive line splits does Devine have?

jp744
11-10-2011, 10:06 AM
What type of offensive line splits does Devine have?

It does not matter Devine is one of the most physical teams around on offense. They will destroy Sam Houston.Sam will be standing up and watching the play while a guy is driving him five yards deep and Sadler is off to the races. Watched Navarro do this to Sam last year and they did not have a Sadler. Sadler is one of the best backs in the state and Sam will not have an answer. Cuero was big up front last year and he did work on them. I am telling you Devine one of the best teams in the region with Wimberly ahead of them and Wimberly would have a tough time with this guy.

lbjacj
11-10-2011, 10:51 AM
It does not matter Devine is one of the most physical teams around on offense. They will destroy Sam Houston.Sam will be standing up and watching the play while a guy is driving him five yards deep and Sadler is off to the races. Watched Navarro do this to Sam last year and they did not have a Sadler. Sadler is one of the best backs in the state and Sam will not have an answer. Cuero was big up front last year and he did work on them. I am telling you Devine one of the best teams in the region with Wimberly ahead of them and Wimberly would have a tough time with this guy.

Whatever Devin

warhorsejoe
11-10-2011, 12:29 PM
Whatever Devin

Jp744 is not from Devine. Is he? But sure sounds like he knows what he talking about though.

jp744
11-10-2011, 01:16 PM
Jp744 is not from Devine. Is he? But sure sounds like he knows what he talking about though.

Not from Devine at all. Just an avid high school football fan. Wimberly you better get ready because I see you trying to stop the Devine train in the Regional Quarter Final. You will have issues with this kid. I would pay money to see smith and sadler line up and play each other with a trip to the semis on the line. What you, Sam and any other people fail to realize is that sadler is good but they have two other guys who can run it as well. The qb #9 and the wing back #25. I watched Devine earlier this year. I was very impressed with those two players they really play their role well. JMOT

warhorsejoe
11-10-2011, 02:17 PM
Not from Devine at all. Just an avid high school football fan. Wimberly you better get ready because I see you trying to stop the Devine train in the Regional Quarter Final. You will have issues with this kid. I would pay money to see smith and sadler line up and play each other with a trip to the semis on the line. What you, Sam and any other people fail to realize is that sadler is good but they have two other guys who can run it as well. The qb #9 and the wing back #25. I watched Devine earlier this year. I was very impressed with those two players they really play their role well. JMOT

I've been trying to keep that on the downlow but you sure know what you been talking about. So since it's out in the open, that's exactly what we have. Where you from jp744? I like you already!:wave:

Los Owls
11-10-2011, 02:55 PM
Devine back rushes for a quarter-mile in win over Owls

Hondo Anvil Herald Sports

Hondo head football coach Randy Graf put it into perspective Monday.

“I’ve heard about running backs who carried the ball 50 times in a game...”

He went on to relate a story he’d heard about University of Texas legend Steve Worster (who played his last high school game at Bridge City in 1966, when the Owl coach was about 4 years old).

Fast forward 45 years.

“... but I’d have to say this is the first time I’ve been a part of one of those games.”

Joseph Sadler, the Devine Warhorse senior tailback, toted the ball half-a-hundred times Friday, Nov. 4, at Barry Field, rushing for 459 yards and five touchdowns before an overflow crowd estimated at 6,500.

If any statistic could be more impressive than that, it would be that Sadler, after being hit hard repeatedly by an aggressive Hondo defense, carried the ball 15 times in the fourth quarter for 205 of those yards and three touchdowns as Devine pulled away from the Owls, 47-27.

The win wrapped up a perfect regular season for Devine, clinching the District 27-AAA championship in the process. Hondo, with its second straight loss after an 8-0 start to the year, finished in the league’s third spot.

Both teams are now headed to the postseason in the 3A-Division II bracket, starting this Friday. Hondo will draw its second straight unbeaten opponent, when the Owls face Gonzales (10-0) at Gustafson Stadium in San Antonio. Devine will take on Sam Houston (8-2) at South San Stadium. Both games kick off at 7:30 p.m.

To be certain, Hondo was focused and ready for the task at hand last Friday. The Owls held a nine-point lead at halftime, and still led the game heading into the fourth period. But Devine managed to generate a second wind, and pushed across four touchdowns in the final quarter, putting the game away.

Things started off as most have for Devine this season, as the Horses took the opening kickoff and drove 78 yards in eight plays for the first score. Sadler carried six times, but it was quarterback Charles Campsey taking it in on a five-yard keeper. The extra point was wide.

Hondo, soon faced with a 4th-and-1 at its own 35, gambled right off the bat, and quarterback Cade Rosenbaum, returning to the lineup after fracturing an arm Sept. 23 at Pearsall, was stopped a foot short.

On 3rd-and-8, Sadler found a seam and went 33 yards for Devine’s second score and a 12-0 lead with 5:49 left in the opening period.

Hondo got itself in gear. Two runs by Rosenbaum took the Owls to the Devine 35, and another 17-yarder by A.J. Leos put Hondo in the red zone. After a first down loss, Rosenbaum threaded a pass between to Devine defenders for 23 yards and a TD to Eric Hoog. Zane Carroll, attempting his first varsity PAT, connected, and Devine’s lead was cut to 12-7.

Following a Jordan Fraga kickoff return to the Devine 40, two runs by Sadler had the Warhorses at the Hondo 31, but Christian Newman dropped Sadler for a loss, and two Campsey pass attempts fell incomplete. Sadler tried to run a fake punt, but was stopped at the 29.

Ten plays later, the Owls were in the endzone, with Rosenbaum again finding Hoog on a 20-yard scoring toss. Hondo owned its first lead, 14-12, with 7:30 left in the half.

Devine’s next possession was also cut short, this time because of a chop block penalty, eventually forcing a punt from the 12.

Starting at the Devine 44, the Owls stalled initially, but on a punt attempt, Devine was flagged for roughing the kicker, and the Owls got a new set of downs. Rosenbaum passed to Hoog for a first down at the 19, then sprinted to the corner for a rushing TD with 2:20 left, and a 21-12 Hondo lead.

Devine drove as far as the Hondo 22 late in the half, but on the final play, Sadler’s pass was picked off by Shane Wolff.

Hondo had a big chance to put a bigger gap on the board to open the second half. Rosenbaum sprinted 39 yards to the Devine 12, but on second down, Hoog lost the handle on the ball and Sadler recovered.

“Obviously that was a key moment,” said Coach Graf. “A score could have put us up by 16. That’s not a big enough margin to put them away, but it might have been enough to alter their game plan.”

Devine then put together an 88-yard, 12-play drive. Sadler capped it with a 10-yard TD run, and the comeback had begun.

Hondo went three-and-out, and Devine countered with an 85-yard, nine-play scoring drive. It wasn’t without a bit of controversy, though. On a first down from the 45, Sadler appeared to have fumbled in front of the Hondo bench. Rosson Brooks’ recovery, however, was nullified when officials signaled that a whistle had blown.

“It was a fumble,” said Coach Graf of the non-call. “But when a call doesn’t go your way, you have to step up and make a play the next time.”

Three plays later, Sadler’s third TD, a 39-yard run, gave the lead back to the Horses with 11:29 left in the game, at 25-21.

The second straight three-and-out for Hondo led to another Devine scoring drive. Sadler dashed 45 yards to the Hondo 2, setting up a Campsey run for the score. Proof that the fourth quarter belonged to Devine came on the PAT. Hoog blocked Sadler’s kick, only to have the ball roll free where Sadler could pick it up and stroll into the endzone for a two-point conversion.

Hondo came back to life on its next series. On 3rd-and-10, Rosenbaum found Hoog for 23 yards to the Devine 39. After a short pass to Paul Duran, Rosenbaum again found Duran in the endzone for a 32-yard strike, cutting the margin to 33-27. A high snap on the PAT left the margin at six with 7:13 to play.

Devine started at its own 35 after the kickoff, but converted three second downs on a six-play drive. The last four carries came from Sadler, including the 17-yard TD run.

An onside kick was recovered by Devine at the Hondo 42, and five plays later, Sadler put the finishing touches on the game with a six-yard scoring run, followed by a two-point run.

SHSBulldog00
11-10-2011, 05:37 PM
Who is carrying the game?

banderafan
11-10-2011, 11:01 PM
J. Sadler and the Warhorses are too much for SH. Devine rolls on.

bag-o-chips
11-11-2011, 07:22 AM
My 2 cents if anyone cares.

Devine will have ther way with Sam. Coach Green cannot defend anything with a misdirection. Let me know if the thugs do their pregame taunt as usual!

If we see Wimberley and Devine in my humble opinion after seeing both teams Wimberley will move on to the Semis. Too many overall athletes for Devine to match up with, Devine won't be playing no Crystal City that is for sure!

YTBulldogs
11-11-2011, 08:42 AM
SH will fold about mid-way through the 2nd quarter, and then again at the start of the 4th. Canes big guys run out of gas and lack of depth, will do them in.

Regards to SH "throat slashing" tactics and taunting, it will be there as normal. Take those free 15 yarders they will hopefully draw and play your game Devine.

jp744
11-11-2011, 08:54 AM
Yeah the throat slashing is just uncalled for I don't know why the officials don't throw the flag on them. I saw 71 do it a bunch against Pleasanton on TV and I don't understand why they continued to let them do that.

warhorsejoe
11-11-2011, 11:54 AM
GAME DAY! May the best team win.

YTBulldogs
11-11-2011, 01:38 PM
Just seen the Devine/SH students/players on KSAT Fan Cam, noon news. That Rapeal Green III def lineman said he has a horse you can try riding Devine. And, they has a special shoot out to Sadler Not nice.. Appears game on here. Should be a interesting game. Don't see SH getting past this one though.

SHSBulldog00
11-11-2011, 01:51 PM
Just seen the Devine/SH students/players on KSAT Fan Cam, noon news. That Rapeal Green III def lineman said he has a horse you can try riding Devine. And, they has a special shoot out to Sadler Not nice.. Appears game on here. Should be a interesting game. Don't see SH getting past this one though.

Sam Houston will do like several other inner city school's...try to intimidate you before the game. I expect a lot of talking going on during the game. Maybe some personal fouls being whistled.

bjrod9
11-11-2011, 03:24 PM

Just saw that video also,like saddler needed anymore motivation,lol, Go Horses!

Roughneck93
11-11-2011, 05:13 PM
Might see a lot of points in this one. I'll go with Devine by 3.

SHSBulldog00
11-11-2011, 05:22 PM
Might see a lot of points in this one. I'll go with Devine by 3.

Good Choice IMO!!!

A team that does a lot of talking is usually the one that is nervous and scared.

Old Green
11-11-2011, 08:20 PM
Sam Houston 7

Devine 0

Sam Houston drives 75 yards on their 1st possesion

SintonFan
11-11-2011, 09:47 PM
Sam Houston 7

Devine 0

Sam Houston drives 75 yards on their 1st possesion

Updates?

warhorsejoe
11-11-2011, 11:16 PM
Devine 27
Sam Houston 19
Final

SHSBulldog00
11-11-2011, 11:47 PM
Congrats Warhorses!!!:clap::clap::clap:

Los Owls
11-12-2011, 12:38 AM
Great job Horses...Keep it going...:clap:

Devine running back Joseph Sadler has now rushed for more than 3,000 yards this season, but none were harder than the 212 he fought for on Friday night.

Sadler had three touchdowns on 51 carries in a gritty 27-19 win over Sam Houston in a Class 3A Division II bidistrict game at Bobcat Stadium.

“That's the toughest game we've played in all year,” said Sadler, who averaged 4.1 yards per carry. “They're big up front and strong, but we did our job and came out with the victory.”

Despite a size disadvantage, Devine (11-0) stuck to its methodical power rushing game. It had just 8 of its 67 carries go for more than 10 yards.

“I felt like I was in a 12-round fight,” Devine coach Chad Quisenberry said.

The Hurricanes (8-3) showed their big play ability right away with JeQuan McBride taking his first carry for a 76-yard TD.

Devine fought back, putting together back-to-back scoring drives — both Sadler TDs — to take a 14-7 halftime lead. Jordan Fraga ran for a 22-yard TD to give Devine a 21-7 third-quarter lead. Sam Houston answered with McBride's second TD.

Sadler then took over. On Devine's next possession, he carried on 15 of its 16 plays, scoring on a fourth-down run at the goal line by fighting through the pile to the end zone.

But Sam Houston wasn't finished. On the next play, Gary Reed IV caught a deep wobbly pass, broke a tackle and scampered for a 71-yard TD to pull within eight with 4 minutes left.

The Hurricanes' defense stopped Devine to get the ball back with a minute left. They drove to the Devine 32, but time ran out on a confusing play: Sam Houston was flagged for being in the neutral zone while trying to spike the ball with 2 seconds left. After the yards were marked off, the Hurricanes couldn't get the play off in time.

“We thought the clock should have been stopped,” Sam Houston coach Gary Green said.

Devine will play Liberty Hill in the second round next week.

Sadler has 3,016 rushing yards and 49 rushing TDs on the year. He needs seven points to break the state's single-season scoring record, set in 1953 by Sugar Land's Kenneth Hall (395).

“That's pretty cool. I was more worried about the game,” he said. “Hopefully I'll get it next week.”

Read more: http://www.mysanantonio.com/sports/high_school/high_school_football/article/Sadler-leads-Devine-over-Sam-Houston-2265410.php#ixzz1dT52yFuB

warhorsejoe
11-12-2011, 08:42 AM
Those were some BIG boys that that all keyed on Sadler and they all wanted hurt him. Our D was out of sync at times but for the most part did their job when they had to. That 71-yard TD pass and 76-yard TD run IMO were gimies- I'll take it back, the 71-yard TD pass was a gimmie but over all they gave us some hell.
There was a play were #78 had just tackle Sadler for a loss (but paid the prize because Salder will run over you if he has to) he turns to our fans and waives his finger with a taunting "NO" then fall on the ground (it was a cramp). I guess.

We will face Liberty Hill next but to be honest with you this game with Sam Houston IMO was the one I was kinda worried due to the fact that I just didn't know what team was going to show up. With Liberty Hill we know what to expect. IMO, I feel good about Liberty Hill and people will underestimate us bassed from this Sam Houston game but I would say "let them". Most of the teams in Region IV would of fallen to the Sam Houston that showed up last night. I see us and Gonzales playing in week 4 but first thing first, we have to take care of the Panthers first.

Sportshack
11-12-2011, 08:53 AM
Those were some BIG boys that that all keyed on Sadler and they all wanted hurt him. Our D was out of sync at times but for the most part did their job when they had to. That 71-yard TD pass and 76-yard TD run IMO were gimies- I'll take it back, the 71-yard TD pass was a gimmie but over all they gave us some hell.
There was a play were #78 had just tackle Sadler for a loss (but paid the prize because Salder will run over you if he has to) he turns to our fans and waives his finger with a taunting "NO" then fall on the ground (it was a cramp). I guess.

We will face Liberty Hill next but to be honest with you this game with Sam Houston IMO was the one I was kinda worried due to the fact that I just didn't know what team was going to show up. With Liberty Hill we know what to expect. IMO, I feel good about Liberty Hill and people will underestimate us bassed from this Sam Houston game but I would say "let them". Most of the teams in Region IV would of fallen to the Sam Houston that showed up last night. I see us and Gonzales playing in week 4 but first thing first, we have to take care of the Panthers first.

I think that most folks are underestimating Liberty Hill. Sooo hard to know right now. However, a hard nose slug fest is right down their alley as a rule. I doubt anyone is underestimating Devine. They won a tough game against a team previously described as very athletic but undisciplined and lacking in depth. Not hard to imagine Sam Houston giving a good game in opening round of playoffs. Interesting on your crystal ball....I do not see either of you getting past 2nd round!!!:stirpot:

warhorsejoe
11-12-2011, 09:11 AM
I think that most folks are underestimating Liberty Hill. Sooo hard to know right now. However, a hard nose slug fest is right down their alley as a rule. I doubt anyone is underestimating Devine. They won a tough game against a team previously described as very athletic but undisciplined and lacking in depth. Not hard to imagine Sam Houston giving a good game in opening round of playoffs. Interesting on your crystal ball....I do not see either of you getting past 2nd round!!!:stirpot:

In my crystal ball, let me restate that I'm very hopeful for Devine to go 4 deep but very clear that Wimberley will not. Gonzales will take them down. Not taking anything away from Liberty Hill we have much respect for them. It's Wimberley that I dont. They are overrated and over HYPED. :stirpot:

If they blow Gonzales out of the water then they will have my respect, till then "overrated" IMO it's #1 Gonzales and Wimberley should be #4. in Region IV

1. Gonzales
2. W. Columbia
3. Devine
4. Wimberley

SintonFan_inAustin
11-12-2011, 10:32 AM
In my crystal ball, let me restate that I'm very hopeful for Devine to go 4 deep but very clear that Wimberley will not. Gonzales will take them down. Not taking anything away from Liberty Hill we have much respect for them. It's Wimberley that I dont. They are overrated and over HYPED. :stirpot:

If they blow Gonzales out of the water then they will have my respect, till then "overrated" IMO it's #1 Gonzales and Wimberley should be #4. in Region IV

1. Gonzales
2. W. Columbia
3. Devine
4. Wimberleyi've had it since middle of the season
1. Devine
2.Wimberley
3.Gonzales
4.Columbia

still sticking with that. Gonzales has the best defense in the region and Devine the best threat at offense. Wimberley has a combination of what Gonzales and Devine has when they are focused in on the game.

Tejastrue
11-12-2011, 11:08 AM

1. Gonzales
2. W. Columbia
3. Devine
4. Wimberley

You know what warhorse..we really don't care about or need your respect. Lord help us if our success waivers on your opinion...let's see how things play out...:wave:

warhorsejoe
11-12-2011, 02:58 PM
You know what warhorse..we really don't care about or need your respect. Lord help us if our success waivers on your opinion...let's see how things play out...:wave:

OVERRATED AND OVER HYPED! Y'all are the ones that come on here like every team in Region IV needs to bow down to y'all and have stated that y'all are planning on going to STATE. YEAH RIGHT!!!! My Warhorses are just doing what we need to do. Even if we were to meet in the 4th round and lose, we were never suppose to make it that far but if y'all dont make it that far and lose to us then it was just like I said "OVERRATED and OVER HYPED" Like I said before, "I acknowledge y'all success of past seasons but that wont help out THIS season. Gonzales will prove what I've been saying all season long and you're right "let's see how things play out". GOOD LUCK next week and let the best team win.

YTBulldogs
11-12-2011, 03:02 PM
OVERRATED AND OVER HYPED! Y'all are the ones that come on here like every team in Region IV needs to bow down to y'all and have stated that y'all are planning on going to STATE. YEAH RIGHT!!!! My Warhorses are just doing what we need to do. Even if we were to meet in the 4th round and lose, we were never suppose to make it that far but if y'all dont make it that far and lose to us then it was just like I said "OVERRATED and OVER HYPED" Like I said before, "I acknowledge y'all success of past seasons but that wont help out THIS season. Gonzales will prove what I've been saying all season long and you're right "let's see how things play out". GOOD LUCK next week and let the best team win.

You say that Joe, but--I went back at your rankings and you always had WT ranked #1. :p

Tejastrue
11-12-2011, 03:36 PM

You're acting like we need to recognize your all high and mighty words..not gonna happen...Man..whj...chill... aren't you taking things just a bit too personal..well, as far as the state thing..you damn right we expect to go but nothing is ever a guarantee, the "best laid plans" so to speak but why even bother if you don't believe...if you take the time to look "and read" our posts you'll see that we show respect to a team whenever it is due. We eat our crow when called upon and man we could taste it a bit last night, fortunately we were able to refuse it for now... My suggestion would be for you to follow the code of your signature and all will be well...

Sportshack
11-12-2011, 03:49 PM

1. Gonzales
2. W. Columbia
3. Devine
4. Wimberley

Look who is talking about over rated!:wave: I agree Wimberely has been over rated on state level...not yet sure about Region Level but not ready to agree. They are a 10-0 team that has beat at least 7 or maybe 8 at least decent teams this year in their 10 games...over rated perhaps...not worthy of respect...unfathomable!! :inlove: And you WERE basically talking like beating LH and whoever comes next was a foregone conclusion...perhaps over rating your team just like you accuse Wimberley posters of doing. All pretty normal stuff actually. The Devine team sounds like a great bunch of hard-nosed kids. Wimberley's kids are hard nosed players as well that show respect on field to opponents unless dealing with all of that trash talking stuff. I agree with you that Wimberley is beatable. BUt no one in this region is gonna just roll in and put a spanking on them IMO!

warhorsejoe
11-12-2011, 03:57 PM
You say that Joe, but--I went back at your rankings and you always had WT ranked #1. :p

You're acting like we need to recognize your all high and mighty words..not gonna happen...Man..whj...chill... aren't you taking things just a bit too personal..well, as far as the state thing..you damn right we expect to go but nothing is ever a guarantee, the "best laid plans" so to speak but why even bother if you don't believe...if you take the time to look "and read" our posts you'll see that we show respect to a team whenever it is due. We eat our crow when called upon and man we could taste it a bit last night, fortunately we were able to refuse it for now... My suggestion would be for you to follow the code of your signature and all will be well...

Look who is talking about over rated!:wave: I agree Wimberely has been over rated on state level...not yet sure about Region Level but not ready to agree. They are a 10-0 team that has beat at least 7 or maybe 8 at least decent teams this year in their 10 games...over rated perhaps...not worthy of respect...unfathomable!! :inlove:

All are right, My bad. I will admit I did take things too personal. GOOD LUCK Wimberley and y'all are still #1 intil someone knocks them down. I apologize to the Wimberley fans and Team. :)

YTBulldogs
11-12-2011, 04:06 PM
All are right, My bad. I will admit I did take things too personal. GOOD LUCK Wimberley and y'all are still #1 intil someone knocks them down. I apologize to the Wimberley fans and Team. :)

It's all good Joe. All things will work out regarding all the teams starting next Friday. Teams that are for real will remain, --pretenders will lace the high tops up.

Wimberley has earned the right to talk the talk, cause so far, they have walked the walk. Same is true for GZ, West Columbia and your Warhorses. Next week, one of these for sure can no longer talk the talk though.

I'm the luckiest one here, I'm just a fan enjoying the show ya'll provide. Thanks.

warhorsejoe
11-12-2011, 04:39 PM
It's all good Joe. All things will work out regarding all the teams starting next Friday. Teams that are for real will remain, --pretenders will lace the high tops up.

Wimberley has earned the right to talk the talk, cause so far, they have walked the walk. Same is true for GZ, West Columbia and your Warhorses. Next week, one of these for sure can no longer talk the talk though.

I'm the luckiest one here, I'm just a fan enjoying the show ya'll provide. Thanks.

no problem! and you're right, Wimberley has earned the right to talk the talk, because they have walked the walk. I will pull for a Wimberley win. GOOD LUCK once again.

1. Wimberley
2. Gonzales
3. Devine

from Div-2 only, not taking anything away from W.C. La Vernia or any one else from Region IV.

YTBulldogs
11-12-2011, 04:53 PM
Joe, SH was big huh? What a waste. Kill to have some of that size here for sure.

Sportshack
11-12-2011, 05:40 PM
no problem! and you're right, Wimberley has earned the right to talk the talk, because they have walked the walk. I will pull for a Wimberley win. GOOD LUCK once again.

1. Wimberley
2. Gonzales
3. Devine

from Div-2 only, not taking anything away from W.C. La Vernia or any one else from Region IV.

The Wimberley fans are not really talking too much right now...air out of balloon a tad bit and feet firmly on the ground...prob normal to get some "jabs" when perceived to be to overconfident and encounter a toughgame. Bottom line is that usually happens to more than one team this time of year. Texans survived first round and so did Warhorses, Gonzales etc. Will be 8 teams left in Region after today. There is probably some team lurking that has not even been considered or made a peep on these boards.

all the banter is just part of the fun!

Tejastrue
11-12-2011, 06:01 PM
All are right, My bad. I will admit I did take things too personal. GOOD LUCK Wimberley and y'all are still #1 until someone knocks them down. I apologize to the Wimberley fans and Team. :)

The intent was not to change your mind whj..appreciate the nice gesture but no need for an apology..it is easy to see that you feel very good about your team and have every reason to... as YT said we will all find out soon enough...nothing like 3A high school football..good luck on Friday..:clap: