PDA

View Full Version : Columbus vs. Smithville

jrhernandez7
11-07-2011, 08:42 PM
Smithville's first playoff game since 1998! a rematch from a close game in wk 5 where smithville won a 6pt game. The Tigers can win this if they come in and play there game! I think Smithville will put it together and get back on track! Tigers by 13pts and get there first playoff win since only the lord knows win!

Pudlugger
11-07-2011, 09:26 PM
I think SV should win this if they can maintain the intensity and limit penalties. Smithville by 14

EHSgrad89
11-07-2011, 09:31 PM
This could have the makings of an incredible ball game. Both teams were tough and go in their initial contest in the early part of the year. Columbus has a good running back with some incredible speed. If he happens to need a break they have some other decent backs to fill in. From what I understand their qb and receiving core continued to improve throughout the season. As for defense they have a decent group up front and at the backers position. As for Smithville they could riding a high of playing in their first playoff game in 13 years. This group has come together to play some smashmouth-type of football. They also have some depth at the back position who tend to grab a handful of yards per carry. Their line is pretty decent and the quarterback does a pretty good job. Their defense truly has been their saving grace this year. They play pretty hard and make the big plays. They are capable of having a big game this week, but have to be careful to contain the backs and not get beat deep. I think this game can go either way. So as of now--no prediction.

ExScoop
11-07-2011, 10:24 PM
will be broadcast on
www.kulmradio.com

Buff42
11-07-2011, 10:42 PM
It is VERY hard to beat the same team twice in one year. With that said, good luck Tigers

EHSgrad89
11-07-2011, 10:52 PM
It is VERY hard to beat the same team twice in one year. With that said, good luck Tigers

A good point. Thought that the Tigers are going to have to put behind them and to expect an increased effort from the Cardinals. Tigers will definitely have to take a "new game" outlook to this game. Cannot think it is an extension of the last one. Sounds like a crazy thought, but sometimes people think that what has happened before will definitely happen again.

duckhunter
11-08-2011, 06:43 AM
Whoever wins this game it doesn't really matter. Will be one and then done.......Smithville should win if they play like they did against us and even like they did against Rockdale. Columbus is the most average football team in the playoffs. Most JV teams could beat them. DOnt hype them up EHSgrad99 like they are a dangerous team or something

Pudlugger
11-08-2011, 07:06 AM
Whoever wins this game it doesn't really matter. Will be one and then done.......Smithville should win if they play like they did against us and even like they did against Rockdale. Columbus is the most average football team in the playoffs. Most JV teams could beat them. DOnt hype them up EHSgrad99 like they are a dangerous team or something

If you check the UIL brackets there are several teams with only 2 or 3 wins in the playoffs(e.g. Kirbyville 2-8, Taylor 3-7, Ferris 3-7) so I would disagree with your assessment of Columbus.

EHSgrad89
11-08-2011, 07:20 AM

No hyping up Columbus. But I know that they can be a threat regardless of record. I am very open-minded to every team. They can be a threat and I am not one who always buys into a team's record. I am not making a mockery to Giddings, but I think Smithville was a threat when playing Giddings. I know that they had a good record, but there were many comments about the schedule in which Smithville played. Any team on any given day. LG is another team I feel could be a threat had they made the playoffs. I am proud to live in the area in which I have access to Smithville, LG, Giddings, and Columbus, and watch them. There is some good football around here. Sorry to ramble just making the point that Smithville needs to play some strong D and make sure that they contain the threats that Columbus has on their team. Best of luck to you all in your game against Bellville.

gameface
11-10-2011, 08:41 AM
Tigers should prevail by a 21 pt. margin. Smithville a very physical ball club and with Morris back should be complete validation of a strong force and passion to win. C-town will fight initially but Tigers too hungry and explosive.

the genious
11-10-2011, 11:02 AM
Smithville will roll! As i said earlier in season Columbus has no discipline as there # 1&2 receivers and probly 2 of their top 4 athletes are locked up in iss! Bad time for this... I give credit to the kids that work hard and have acted right.. Makes me sick to think that someone would throw away their chance to make a run because when playoffs start everyone is 0-0

Manso/V8
11-10-2011, 12:53 PM
Smithville by 14.

jrhernandez7
11-10-2011, 07:47 PM
Tigers should prevail by a 21 pt. margin. Smithville a very physical ball club and with Morris back should be complete validation of a strong force and passion to win. C-town will fight initially but Tigers too hungry and explosive.

I guess the word is out on our number 4 returning . I don't see him geting more than 5 touches although He will be a nice spark to have this week. A playoff win for the Tigers is more than possible. if they can get momentum with a W against the Cards a run isn't impossible that side of the reg 3 bracket

gameface
11-11-2011, 08:35 AM
Good luck Tigers! Were excited for your playoff opportunity. Now, represent D23 with class. Tigers by 21.

gameface
11-11-2011, 08:49 PM
Score?

Pudlugger
11-11-2011, 09:33 PM
Columbus 21
Smithville 14

Pudlugger
11-11-2011, 10:52 PM
Final Columbus 21 SV 14. Congratulations to the Cardinals especially their defense. Good run Tigers!

ExScoop
11-12-2011, 12:20 AM
Not a big suprise at all-Cardinals were well coached and just improving from week to week

hookandladder
11-12-2011, 12:43 AM
A little surprised in the outcome however with Smithville losing last week must have taken a little more out of their sails, still thought they would have handled Columbus.

Manso/V8
11-12-2011, 01:13 AM
I am surprised by the outcome. I guess Columbus is improving and Smithville was off their game this week. Hook may be right about the loss last week.

Coach BS
11-12-2011, 01:15 AM
I am very surprised at this game Ive seen columbus play and they werent that good just thought smithville would have represented better

Bull's-eye
11-12-2011, 01:26 AM
Columbus did struggle with injuries during the regular season & we all know it's always hard to defeat a team twice. Congrats to the Cardinals!

gameface
11-12-2011, 08:09 AM
Way to go C-town, good earn. Tigers-head up high, a lots to be proud of!

hookandladder
11-12-2011, 08:40 AM
Just was not impressed with Smithville last week, Columbus always some athlete's on the field that can beat you. Our game with Smithville should not have been 1 point but that is football, hopefully we will learn some lessons and will be ready for next year.