11-07-2011, 02:37 PM
Respect!

95mustang
11-07-2011, 03:32 PM
To whom are you respecting?

oldtownag
11-07-2011, 05:57 PM
To whom are you respecting?

Carthage Bulldogs: Everyone should show some respect.

RPF2666
11-07-2011, 06:22 PM
Still the team to beat until beaten in DII... Same for Hendersone in DI...

eagles_victory
11-07-2011, 06:53 PM
Alright Rodney Daingerfield are you finished yet?

LionFan72
11-08-2011, 01:59 AM
I predict the season of respect for Carthage will end early December! Great team, Great Coach, and rabid fans, just a year, I feel, for facing better teams! Good luck!

buckeyebob
11-08-2011, 05:49 AM
Respect!

We respect Carthrage...that is why it is always better when you have your way with one you repsect.

oldtownag
11-08-2011, 07:36 AM
We respect Carthrage...that is why it is always better when you have your way with one you repsect.

You call a last second field goal having your way? Hope we meet Gimer again so you can have another shot.

I_DONT_CARE
11-08-2011, 07:57 AM
:sleeping: :sleeping:

cowboyandchrist
11-08-2011, 08:12 AM
Respect!

After the last four years, it is safe to say everyone in Texas 3A respects the Dawgs. This year will be extra tuff for the Dawgs when you have 9 sophmore starters trying to be the state champs. I for one think you can do it, but there are some great teams across the state in D2. Gilmer, Coldsprings, Celina, Arygle, and many others are very good this year. The Dawgs will have to have everything go their way. I feel you have the best coach in the country and that is proven weekly with all the youg players you have. I do believe if you make it to Gilmer, you will beat them. They can say what they want to, but with out Turner, they are not as good. They can still win it all, but it would be alot easier with that giant killer. This year I think D2 is wide open, East Texas is not the big man on campus. In D1, no body will beat Chapell Hill, they are amazing since they got everybody back.

defense51
11-08-2011, 09:41 AM
Respect!
blah! blah! blah!

ctown81
11-08-2011, 11:06 AM
It will be a very tough road for this very young Carthage team but they do have a shot at winning it all. We have been very inconsistent but hopefully that will change. I will say this. IF and that's a big if, Carthage wins number 4 with this young group, I feel they may hold 3A texas football hostage for the next four years.

hollywood
11-08-2011, 11:42 AM
It will be a very tough road for this very young Carthage team but they do have a shot at winning it all. We have been very inconsistent but hopefully that will change. I will say this. IF and that's a big if, Carthage wins number 4 with this young group, I feel they may hold 3A texas football hostage for the next four years.

lol...

LHPfactory
11-08-2011, 01:03 PM
LH only met em once in 2007, that was the last bad beating the Bulldogs have suffered if im correct.

cowboyandchrist
11-08-2011, 01:53 PM
LH only met em once in 2007, that was the last bad beating the Bulldogs have suffered if im correct.
You are correct, I just wish number 22 had not transfered to California his junior year. When he moved back to Carthage for his senior year, Carthage started their three year hold on the championship. I don't know if Carthage could of beat Liberty H in 07 or not but it would of been one heck of a ball game.

garciap77
11-08-2011, 01:56 PM
it will be a very tough road for this very young carthage team but they do have a shot at winning it all. We have been very inconsistent but hopefully that will change. I will say this. If and that's a big if, carthage wins number 4 with this young group, i feel they may hold 3a texas football hostage for the next four years.

rocket.....is....that....you? LOL

;)

garciap77
11-08-2011, 01:57 PM

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

ctown81
11-08-2011, 02:24 PM

Back in '08 we really wanted y'all again. I remember listening to your score against Celina in the semis. The whole crowd seemed to had groaned in unison. All very disappointed.

buckeyebob
11-08-2011, 05:25 PM
You call a last second field goal having your way? Hope we meet Gimer again so you can have another shot.

Negative...just the "W"

buckeyebob
11-08-2011, 05:27 PM
After the last four years, it is safe to say everyone in Texas 3A respects the Dawgs. This year will be extra tuff for the Dawgs when you have 9 sophmore starters trying to be the state champs. I for one think you can do it, but there are some great teams across the state in D2. Gilmer, Coldsprings, Celina, Arygle, and many others are very good this year. The Dawgs will have to have everything go their way. I feel you have the best coach in the country and that is proven weekly with all the youg players you have. I do believe if you make it to Gilmer, you will beat them. They can say what they want to, but with out Turner, they are not as good. They can still win it all, but it would be alot easier with that giant killer. This year I think D2 is wide open, East Texas is not the big man on campus. In D1, no body will beat Chapell Hill, they are amazing since they got everybody back.

Just to clarify...the Bux have 10 Soph & 2 Fresh (one is ChaseTate...gave Pope a bad time).

Buckeye80
11-08-2011, 07:42 PM
I feel they may hold 3A texas football hostage for the next four years.

Depending on re-alignment, y'all may not even hold your own district hostage.
Oh wait. Are we just supposed to lay down?? Sorry. "Hey everyone! Carthage is here! No no no. I don't care if you wanna play football. This is Carthage. Yeah. It's like a miniature Lake Travis. So y'all just bring those cleats back and get those sneakers on. No sense in gettin any of y'all killed."

There ya go brotha. Enjoy your title........sorry again......TITLES.

cowboyandchrist
11-08-2011, 08:34 PM
Just to clarify...the Bux have 10 Soph & 2 Fresh (one is ChaseTate...gave Pope a bad time).
They do not start for the Buckeyes, you have a team full of SR's starting, The Dawgs start 9 sophmores. Big difference. The Dawgs will be amazing the next three years.

Buckeye80
11-08-2011, 09:09 PM
They do not start for the Buckeyes, you have a team full of SR's starting, The Dawgs start 9 sophmores. Big difference. The Dawgs will be amazing the next three years.

06 Gilmer Buckeyes. Don't even step on the field against that team!! Give it up.

10-1. Ousted by eventual State Champion Liberty-Eylau in Round One. That was our "Amazing" team.

buckeyebob
11-09-2011, 03:30 AM

"Starters" mean nothing with the Buxs...we start the rotation on play #2...it is not unusual for us to play 50+ on a given night.

db1980
11-09-2011, 07:54 AM
"Starters" mean nothing with the Buxs...we start the rotation on play #2...it is not unusual for us to play 50+ on a given night.

http://www.youtube.com/user/gilmergreene#p/u/5/32SgOCA-wOY

Funny!! Do you even dress out 50 players???

ctown81
11-09-2011, 11:16 AM
Depending on re-alignment, y'all may not even hold your own district hostage.
Oh wait. Are we just supposed to lay down?? Sorry. "Hey everyone! Carthage is here! No no no. I don't care if you wanna play football. This is Carthage. Yeah. It's like a miniature Lake Travis. So y'all just bring those cleats back and get those sneakers on. No sense in gettin any of y'all killed."

There ya go brotha. Enjoy your title........sorry again......TITLES.

Here's the WHOLE quote

"I will say this. If and that's a big if, carthage wins number 4 with this young group, i feel they may hold 3a texas football hostage for the next four years.'

I said IF they can manage to win with 9 sophmore starters. They will only get better, but nice try with posting half a quote.

MGAR
11-09-2011, 12:22 PM

Tray Webb was on Pope all night.

Guess you are right on the giving him a bad time though. 8 catches for 87 yards, 1 score. Not many teams can say that this year.

wimbo_pro
11-09-2011, 01:47 PM
Studying the Massey Ratings...and wow....Carthage and Gilmer had the toughest schedules in 3A this year...Henderson right behind them. Talk about preparing for the play offs!

MGAR
11-09-2011, 01:50 PM
Studying the Massey Ratings...and wow....Carthage and Gilmer had the toughest schedules in 3A this year...Henderson right behind them. Talk about preparing for the play offs!

I agree with Carthage and Gilmer... But Henderson's preseason schedule was pretty week.. I'm sure that district jumped their Strength of Schedule up a notch.

cowboyandchrist
11-09-2011, 01:53 PM
I will be willing to bet that if Wimbely was in the same district with Carthage, Gilmer, and Henderson they would be in the hunt for the state championship every year, they would be battle tested and ready to rock and roll.

defense51
11-09-2011, 06:19 PM
I will be willing to bet that if Wimbely was in the same district with Carthage, Gilmer, and Henderson they would be in the hunt for the state championship every year, they would be battle tested and ready to rock and roll.
I'm pretty sure they are in the hunt for a state championship right now, and have a real good chance at getting there.

cowboyandchrist
11-09-2011, 08:48 PM
I'm pretty sure they are in the hunt for a state championship right now, and have a real good chance at getting there.
It was meant as a compliment, you will meet your waterlou if and when you play the BEAST from the East in Chapell Hill.

Buckeye80
11-09-2011, 08:55 PM
Here's the WHOLE quote

"I will say this. If and that's a big if, carthage wins number 4 with this young group, i feel they may hold 3a texas football hostage for the next four years.'

I said IF they can manage to win with 9 sophmore starters. They will only get better, but nice try with posting half a quote.

I used the half that made sense. What does their performance this year have to do with the next four years?? If they don't win a title, then those sophomores will just stop playing?? My response was aimed at the "holding 3A hostage" part. But nice try at putting me in my place Dad.

defense51
11-10-2011, 01:04 AM
It was meant as a compliment, you will meet your waterlou if and when you play the BEAST from the East in Chapell Hill. ok...

ctown81
11-10-2011, 10:44 AM
I used the half that made sense. What does their performance this year have to do with the next four years?? If they don't win a title, then those sophomores will just stop playing?? My response was aimed at the "holding 3A hostage" part. But nice try at putting me in my place Dad.

Well if they can win state this year being so long, they can only get better and the reason i said the next four years b/c we have even more talent coming up. It's a prediction that can be right or wrong. If i'm wrong then so be it, as important as hs football is life will go on.

Eagle2
11-10-2011, 11:12 AM
The Bulldogs will get all they want out of Region II. If they survive this region I'd be very surprised. Good chance they are hooping by December.

ctown81
11-10-2011, 12:05 PM
The Bulldogs will get all they want out of Region II. If they survive this region I'd be very surprised. Good chance they are hooping by December.

I think it's possible. If they're at their best they can play with anyone but when they play bad they play BAD. On paper they should make it to Gilmer but in my eyes, they've already overachieved.

cowboyandchrist
11-11-2011, 09:39 AM
Last night was the first step for these young Dawgs. The D played outstanding, did not allow a point until the second string guys came in late in the fourth quarter. The offense moved the ball bot through the air and on the ground. Over 200 yards through the air and over 100 yards on the ground. L E was not a bad team, they were very fast and big, but they were young and would make a big run and then the Dawg D would taclel the running back for a big loss.
Great tune up game for next Friday night in Tyler Rose stadium at 7:30. Score was Carthag 28 to LE 7

Simple Man
11-12-2011, 12:33 AM
Sorry Cowboy, better look again. Gilmer is not loaded with seniors.

buckeyebob
11-13-2011, 04:20 AM
Sorry Cowboy, better look again. Gilmer is not loaded with seniors.

Whoa there...I am a senior & have a bunch of friends still left!!

Buckeye80
11-13-2011, 11:26 AM
Whoa there...I am a senior & have a bunch of friends still left!!

Did you get to go to your reunion at the Silver Alley Activity Center during Homecoming week?? LOL

buckeyebob
11-14-2011, 06:07 AM
Did you get to go to your reunion at the Silver Alley Activity Center during Homecoming week?? LOL

I did...we left early as it was past my bedtime...Silver Alley Activity Center is nice...I was impressed.

oldtownag
11-14-2011, 10:47 AM
If you didn't get up to post on 3ADL at 5 AM you might be able to go to bed later.

Just a suggestion.

buckeyebob
11-14-2011, 05:52 PM
This one was 3:20AM...I do not like to burn daylight.

Emerson1
11-16-2011, 08:10 AM
The Carthage fans on Smoaly are more annoying then the Brownwood people were on here last year.

buff4ever
11-16-2011, 09:50 AM
cheesy thread

RPF2666
11-16-2011, 10:10 AM
The Carthage fans on Smoaly are more annoying then the Brownwood people were on here last year.

Difference between the two fans is Carthage has actually won something, lately :)

regaleagle
11-16-2011, 12:36 PM
And the beat goes on. Round 2, week 2 of the playoffs is upon us. Anything and everything can and will happen. It's high school football in its greatest moment. Enjoy the drama, the excitement, the fanfare, the involvement. And feel grateful for the privelege.

MGAR
11-16-2011, 12:44 PM
And the beat goes on. Round 2, week 2 of the playoffs is upon us. Anything and everything can and will happen. It's high school football in its greatest moment. Enjoy the drama, the excitement, the fanfare, the involvement. And feel grateful for the privelege.

Good stuff...

This is the best part of the year... Bad thing is if you think to far ahead you will realize that basketball season is near and get all kinds of depressed.

buckeyebob
11-17-2011, 05:29 AM
and a long time until fall...what will happen to 16?...a long wait.