Champion
Wimberely

This Old Tiger is one smart cookie:thumbsup:

Saggy Aggie
11-07-2011, 02:23 PM
Reg 1 & 4 are your champs huh? Interesting

Tin Cup
11-07-2011, 02:26 PM
There are 4 good teams in region 1: Alvarado, Snyder, Decatur, and Seminole. Beyond that starts to be watered down.

MGAR
11-07-2011, 02:30 PM
There are 4 good teams in region 1: Alvarado, Snyder, Decatur, and Seminole. Beyond that starts to be watered down.

Out of all the teams in the playoffs, Region I has the least amount of wins as a group.

oldtownag
11-07-2011, 02:33 PM
Division I

Semi

Alverado vs Henderson
Chapel Hill vs Columbia

State
Alverado vs Chapel Hill

Champion
Alverado

Division II

Semi

Monohans vs Gilmer
Coldspring vs Wimberely

State

Gilmer vs Wimberely

Champion
Wimberely

I predict your predictions are wrong.

Tin Cup
11-07-2011, 02:33 PM
Out of all the teams in the playoffs, Region I has the least amount of wins as a group.

I believe it. Snyder is a very strong region 1team and they only beat Brownwood and Wylie by a couple of TDs. I think all would agree that our district is the weakest overall it has been since Brownwood joined.

Having said that, the team that represents Region 1 can compete with the other regions.

LH Panther Mom
11-07-2011, 10:18 PM
In my opinion, if you can't spell the names of the towns/teams that you're picking, your credibility is shot! :taunt:

'Necks 2013-14
11-07-2011, 10:46 PM
In my opinion, if you can't spell the names of the towns/teams that you're picking, your credibility is shot! :taunt::iagree:

toddg
11-07-2011, 11:59 PM
in region 1 div 1, its rattlesnake country and if you dont watch your step and be aware of your surroundings you will get bitten square in the butt!...Alvarado's road thru it is MW..not a bad team, the indians will not underestimate them.
Abilene Wylie..it would be extremly foolish not to have your A game going for them, dangerous team, 3 of their 4 losses were to Stephenville, Waco, and Lovejoy..and you know they'll be ready to play!
Seminole..runs the spread as well as any 3a team, very good passing attack, the QB spreads it around very well and has good touch on the ball..pass protection maybe suspect against very good defense, but they are tenacious and dont give up!
this is my prediction of Alvarado's possible road thru the first 3 rounds..Im an Alvarado Alum and fan with 3 sons that go to Alvarado schools, but not yet in high school. im an avid high school football fan with ties to southlake and odessa permian so i follow those teams as well and my wife teaches at desoto so ill watch their playoff run too.

wimbo_pro
11-08-2011, 12:01 AM
In my opinion, if you can't spell the names of the towns/teams that you're picking, your credibility is shot! :taunt:

With your noticeable absence from this board this year in everyone's mind....THIS is the best you can do????? LOLOL

wimbo_pro
11-08-2011, 12:03 AM
in region 1 div 1, its rattlesnake country and if you dont watch your step and be aware of your surroundings you will get bitten square in the butt!...Alvarado's road thru it is MW..not a bad team, the indians will not underestimate them.
Abilene Wylie..it would be extremly foolish not to have your A game going for them, dangerous team, 3 of their 4 losses were to Stephenville, Waco, and Lovejoy..and you know they'll be ready to play!
Seminole..runs the spread as well as any 3a team, very good passing attack, the QB spreads it around very well and has good touch on the ball..pass protection maybe suspect against very good defense, but they are tenacious and dont give up!
this is my prediction of Alvarado's possible road thru the first 3 rounds..Im an Alvarado Alum and fan with 3 sons that go to Alvarado schools, but not yet in high school. im an avid high school football fan with ties to southlake and odessa permian so i follow those teams as well and my wife teaches at desoto so ill watch their playoff run too.

Todd...nice to meet you, and glad to know your story. Now...tell us plainly...who wins in D1? D2? And do you really think Alvarado can make it through the gauntlet?

Lions88
11-08-2011, 12:10 AM
Todd...nice to meet you, and glad to know your story. Now...tell us plainly...who wins in D1? D2? And do you really think Alvarado can make it through the gauntlet?
what gauntlet? DI Region I is easy. Region II in both divisions is the gauntlet!

Leopard4Life
11-08-2011, 12:27 AM
what gauntlet? DI Region I is easy. Region II in both divisions is the gauntlet!

I agree.

toddg
11-08-2011, 01:04 AM

you know the saying..offense wins games, defense wins championships....the simple truth is Alvarado's defense this year is scarey good, very hard hitting and force teams to go for the big play, which usually means 3 and outs and that puts the ball in the hands of their ball control, power offense...with that combination..Alvarado is a legit state championship contender!

D1 Alvarado D2 Gilmer JMO

buckeyebob
11-08-2011, 05:41 AM

Shut up!! You are just jealous.

GrTigers6
11-08-2011, 06:28 AM
what gauntlet? DI Region I is easy. Region II in both divisions is the gauntlet!Region I may not have as many competitive teams in it but the teams that makes it thru can compete with anyone in the other three regions. So anyone getting out of region I will earn it. It will not be an easy run.
There is a handful of teams that could compete in the other regions, Alvarado, Snyder, Decatur, And possibly Seminole
Oh and Glen Rose could beat Henderson!:D:stirpot::taunt::D

defense51
11-08-2011, 07:58 AM
I predict your predictions are wrong. I predict your predictions are wrongly predicted.

Old Tiger
11-08-2011, 12:00 PM
There are 4 good teams in region 1: Alvarado, Snyder, Decatur, and Seminole. Beyond that starts to be watered down.Of those only Alvarado is state wide good. IMO Snyder, Decature, and Seminole are just region I teams and don't have a shot in the semi's if they make it there.

Old Tiger
11-08-2011, 12:02 PM
Region I may not have as many competitive teams in it but the teams that makes it thru can compete with anyone in the other three regions. So anyone getting out of region I will earn it. It will not be an easy run.
There is a handful of teams that could compete in the other regions, Alvarado, Snyder, Decatur, And possibly Seminole
Oh and Glen Rose could beat Henderson!:D:stirpot::taunt::DThat is not true....in the past 4-6 years the Region I teams have not even been competitive to those other teams in the semis

BILLYFRED0000
11-08-2011, 12:13 PM
you know the saying..offense wins games, defense wins championships....the simple truth is Alvarado's defense this year is scarey good, very hard hitting and force teams to go for the big play, which usually means 3 and outs and that puts the ball in the hands of their ball control, power offense...with that combination..Alvarado is a legit state championship contender!

D1 Alvarado D2 Gilmer JMO

See now that is Celina ball thru and thru. We love to get the other teams offense off the field then keep their d on the field. Not sure just how good we are yet. We lost some starters then got some back and are just know starting to really ramp up. it is not how well you start but how well you finish that is the measure of things.

franz
11-08-2011, 12:15 PM
That is not true....in the past 4-6 years the Region I teams have not even been competitive to those other teams in the semis

You might want to look at the Wylie scores especially in 2008 and 2009

hollywood
11-08-2011, 12:15 PM
That is not true....in the past 4-6 years the Region I teams have not even been competitive to those other teams in the semis

That is not true... last year in both DI and DII the the Reg 1 teams were very competitive in the semi's... and both could have very well won those games.

BILLYFRED0000
11-08-2011, 12:16 PM

Yes that would be true. I was at the 2007 semis Celina vs Snyder. It was close in the first quarter but the Bobcats did not give Snyder the ball for most of the next 3 quarters after that. 33 - 7 final and that Snyder team was supposed to be good.

hollywood
11-08-2011, 12:19 PM
See now that is Celina ball thru and thru. We love to get the other teams offense off the field then keep their d on the field. Not sure just how good we are yet. We lost some starters then got some back and are just know starting to really ramp up. it is not how well you start but how well you finish that is the measure of things.

That's Monahans ball as well... don't know if they have the team this year or not. Problem with Reg 1 is that they don't play much comp until the qtrs or semis.

ccmom
11-08-2011, 12:20 PM
You might want to look at the Wylie scores especially in 2008 and 2009 Wylie vs Gilmer in 2007 was a dandy, too.

Old Tiger
11-08-2011, 12:22 PM
Wylie folks, you know yall are excluded from my region I bashing's. you guys are the anomaly of region I.

GrTigers6
11-08-2011, 12:26 PM
That is not true....in the past 4-6 years the Region I teams have not even been competitive to those other teams in the semisCarthage 13 Graham 12 State final thats pretty competitive
Brownwood 28 Carthage 28 Very competetive
Wylie 31- Lovejoy 27
Graham 27 Pittsburg 20
Do you see a pattern here?

Old Tiger
11-08-2011, 12:27 PM
Carthage 13 Graham 12 State final thats pretty competitive
Brownwood 28 Carthage 28 Very competetive
Wylie 31- Lovejoy 27
Graham 27 Pittsburg 20
Do you see a pattern here?Region I teams losing on the big stage?

GrTigers6
11-08-2011, 12:28 PM
Region I teams losing on the big stage?won 2 of those and lost 2 thats pretty even

Old Tiger
11-08-2011, 12:28 PM
won 2 of those and lost 2 thats pretty evenDidn't all lose eventually?

GrTigers6
11-08-2011, 12:29 PM
Region I teams losing on the big stage?You didnt say anything about losing, you said they werent competitive

GrTigers6
11-08-2011, 12:30 PM
Didn't all lose eventually?oh so you have to win to play competitive I see,:crazy:

Old Tiger
11-08-2011, 12:31 PM
oh so you have to win to play competitive I see,:crazy:its all about winning ;)

cowboyandchrist
11-08-2011, 12:33 PM
I agree his predictions are way off in DIV 1, No body can hang with Chapell Hill. Div 2 can be won by several teams.

Buckeye80
11-08-2011, 08:30 PM
Div I
Alvarado vs Seminole
Celina vs Lindale
Chapel Hill vs Silsbee
Boerne vs West Columbia

Alvarado vs Celina
Chapel Hill vs West Columbia

Celina vs Chapel Hill

Chapel Hill DI Champion

Buckeye80
11-08-2011, 08:32 PM
Div II
Snyder vs Brownwood
Carthage vs Van
Robinson vs Coldspring
Devine vs Wimberley

Snyder vs Carthage
Coldspring vs Wimberley

Carthage vs Wimberley

Carthage DII Champions

wimbo_pro
11-08-2011, 08:32 PM
I agree his predictions are way off in DIV 1, No body can hang with Chapell Hill. Div 2 can be won by several teams.

If anyone can, my guess is its Alvarado.

Buckeye80
11-08-2011, 09:11 PM
If anyone can, my guess is its Alvarado.

EVER sleeping on Celina is a mistake. Just sayin.

Pendragon13
11-08-2011, 10:49 PM
That is not true....in the past 4-6 years the Region I teams have not even been competitive to those other teams in the semisTwo region 1 teams (Wylie, Graham) played in the finals in 09...just 3 seasons ago. Winning the semi-final game isn't competitive enough for you? The year before Wylie lost an epic double OT semi-final to Prosper...but I guarantee you we would have beaten La Vega (again, beat them in non-district earlier) for the SC if we had gotten in.

Buckeye80
11-08-2011, 10:56 PM
I think he mis-stated what he really meant. Are the Reg I teams competitive against the Reg II teams? Yes. Do the Reg II teams usually win? Yes. And if you wanna use the 09 Graham team as an example, keep in mind that Carthage was in Reg III that year. Carthage and Gilmer both were Reg II teams shuffled off to Reg III for two years.

Old Tiger
11-26-2011, 12:25 AM
Division I all correct so far.

Old Tiger
11-26-2011, 12:29 AM
For D2

All predicted teams still playing.

bobcat1
11-26-2011, 07:15 AM
Casey the Greek!

Old Tiger
12-02-2011, 10:59 PM
d1 still completely right

bobcat1
12-02-2011, 11:32 PM
d1 still completely rightThe man the legend that is Casey the Greek!:clap::clap::clap:

Old Tiger
12-04-2011, 12:47 PM
damg Gilmer, lol!