PDA

View Full Version : Tapatalk for iphone

chgrad01
11-07-2011, 12:01 PM
Frequently Asked Questions about Tapatalk

For Forum Owner:

Q: How much does it cost?

A: As a forum owner you are free to activate Tapatalk in your forum, and you are free to remove/deactivate it anytime you want to.
Q: Which forum system does it currently support?

A: Currently phpBB3 3.0.x, vBulletin 3.6 to 4.x, xenForo, IPBoard 3.x, SMF 1.1.11+/2.x, MyBB 1.4/1.6 and Kunena 1.6 are supported. You can also look for other forum system plugin developed by third party developers using Tapatalk API at our Developer Support forum.
Q: I have activated Tapatalk, how do I let my members know of this option?

A: You can try copy and paste our promotion materials to your forum as an announcement topic.
Q: I have multiple forums, Can I activate more than one forum?

A: Yes, you can and additional forums are free also.
Q: What's the point of this app if my members can access my site with mobile skin or Safari at no cost?

A: Most users are contented with the mobile skin or a standard web browser but some of them would appreciate a full-on native app forum experience on their phone. For example Tapatalk app allows user to upload photo directly from their phone to your forum as an image attachment. All these will drive more engagement to your forum at no cost to you.
Q: Do you do rebranding / private white label for my forum?

A: Yes, please visit our rebranding page for more information
Q: I already have my own app developed, can I add Tapatalk into my app?

A: Yes, please visit our rebranding page for more information as we provide branding as an Engine.
Q: How does the Tapatalk Plug-in work with my forum system security?

A: The Plugin is designed to inherit all security policies from your forum system. For example, if a specific sub-forum is a restricted access, the Tapatalk iPhone client would not be able to access it unless the logging member has the authority to access it.
Q: Is this service compatible with all other 3rd party modifications that I have installed on my forum system?

A: While we don't guarantee the Tapatalk Plugin will work with all your existing modification. We have tested with many forums with certain degree of modifications and majority of them work well with Tapatalk. Support for modified forums are courtesy basis only and we will not provide refund or any trouble-shooting if it is found that your modification caused the Tapatalk from working as designed.
Q: My organization also developed a forum system, how I can make it compatible with the Tapatalk app so our customers / members would be able to use the same app to access?

A: You can access our Tapatalk API with full documentation on how to bridge your forum system with Tapatalk app support.
For App Users
Q: Do I need to pay multiple times for multiple forums access?

A: Only one purchase per device is needed to access the growing list of forums that have Tapatalk activated.
Q: Can I transfer my license from iOS to Android or vice-versa?

A: Unfortunately we do not provide a way to transfer license over different mobile platform. However if you have replace your device under the same platform as your previous device (e.g. upgrading from iPhone 3GS to iPhone 4), you can simply "repurchase" it from App Store and you won't be charged again, same for Android Market.
Q: I have changed my Google account, can you transfer my license from my old account to the new account?

A: Yes please email us both old and new order number, we will refund the old license purchase to you.
Q: I have reset my phone or bought a new phone, how do I re-download Tapatalk?

A: As long as you login to the same Google or Apple account, you can simply repurchase it from Android Market or App Store, you won't be charged again.
Q: My favorite forums have not activated Tapatalk. What should I do?

A: Activating Taptalk is free for forum owners - We suggest you make the forum owners aware of this service by pasting our awareness materials to your forum.
Q: My Tapatalk app keep crashing, what should I do?

A: Try reinstall it by deleting it from your device and re-purchase it from the Market or App Store. If it still doesn't work, feel free to email us at admin@tapatalk.com

Emerson1
11-07-2011, 03:33 PM
Browsing the downlow from an iPhone isn't that hard.

GrTigers6
11-07-2011, 08:08 PM
Browsing the downlow from an iPhone isn't that hard.I agree, I use my iphone almost more than my laptop, If the battery was better i would use it more, lol

sinton66
11-07-2011, 09:37 PM
Again, it will have to wait for our webmaster.