PDA

View Full Version : Easiest route to state semis out of Region 4AAA

Gontex
11-07-2011, 11:22 AM
I did a little checking and discovered that WC has a relatively easy route to the state semis. There is only one other district champ playing in D1 and that is Lampasas and those two would not meet until the regional semis. Only two of the teams were district runners-up and 4 of them were actually the 3rd place qualifier out of their districts.

D2 on the other hand has 6 district champs competing with only one outright 3rd place qualifier competing. There are several that are there as a result of 2nd place ties and several others that were outright 2nd place qualifiers from their districts. Looks like the power is in D2. Wimberley has every right to be confident, but they could face some challenges for the regional championship.

SintonFan
11-07-2011, 11:32 AM
I did a little checking and discovered that WC has a relatively easy route to the state semis. There is only one other district champ playing in D1 and that is Lampasas and those two would not meet until the regional semis. Only two of the teams were district runners-up and 4 of them were actually the 3rd place qualifier out of their districts.

D2 on the other hand has 6 district champs competing with only one outright 3rd place qualifier competing. There are several that are there as a result of 2nd place ties and several others that were outright 2nd place qualifiers from their districts. Looks like the power is in D2. Wimberley has every right to be confident, but they could face some challenges for the regional championship.

I agree. I was gonna post this.
Div. 2 looks to be the strongest in years. :eek:

wimbo_pro
11-07-2011, 11:54 AM
I agree. I was gonna post this.
Div. 2 looks to be the strongest in years. :eek:

All the better for us to be challenged early and often. I can promise you this though...if we are beat in our bracket...I will be on the bandwagon of whomever beats us from R4 D2. You already know I don't think we are going to get beat....but if we do (I'm not crazy, there is always that possibility), I will support that team. I have a feeling its going to be Coldspring from R3 D2 in the State Semi, and I personally think there is no better team to challenge them than us (mostly because we played them last year). With that said...if we get beat, then obviously the better team will advance and take on Coldspring with my full support.

SintonFan
11-07-2011, 11:58 AM
All the better for us to be challenged early and often. I can promise you this though...if we are beat in our bracket...I will be on the bandwagon of whomever beats us from R4 D2. You already know I don't think we are going to get beat....but if we do (I'm not crazy, there is always that possibility), I will support that team. I have a feeling its going to be Coldspring from R3 D2 in the State Semi, and I personally think there is no better team to challenge them than us (mostly because we played them last year). With that said...if we get beat, then obviously the better team will advance and take on Coldspring with my full support.

You do realize I thinking of your team too when I posted that. :crazy:

Tejastrue
11-07-2011, 12:08 PM

Surely you were not thinking Gonzales would be a challenge...:stirpot:

wimbo_pro
11-07-2011, 12:21 PM
You do realize I thinking of your team too when I posted that. :crazy:

I know...I just want you to think about my team ONLY. LOL

Gontex
11-07-2011, 12:27 PM

I agree with supporting whoever knocks us out. Hope it doesn't happen too soon tho.

Gontex
11-07-2011, 12:27 PM
Surely you were not thinking Gonzales would be a challenge...:stirpot:

Don't know, we are playing Hondo this week.

Dub-C
11-07-2011, 01:26 PM

No matter who wins D1 or D2 neither team from the region would be able to beat Tyler Chapel Hill barring a miracle, just calling like I see it. WC has the chance to win the region but the semis IDK. Until you see TCH with your own eyes than you would see what I'm talking about.

Pendragon13
11-07-2011, 01:34 PM
No matter who wins D1 or D2 neither team from the region would be able to beat Tyler Chapel Hill barring a miracle, just calling like I see it. WC has the chance to win the region but the semis IDK. Until you see TCH with your own eyes than you would see what I'm talking about.I agree, D2 may be a tougher road overall...but I think D1 (with C-Hill, Alavarado and some others) has the best teams at the top of the food chain.

wimbo_pro
11-07-2011, 01:35 PM
No matter who wins D1 or D2 neither team from the region would be able to beat Tyler Chapel Hill barring a miracle, just calling like I see it. WC has the chance to win the region but the semis IDK. Until you see TCH with your own eyes than you would see what I'm talking about.

All conjecture until a game is played. But alas, we will never know regarding the D1 vs. D2 battle. Why the heck dont we have one last game?

Dub-C
11-07-2011, 01:37 PM
All conjecture until a game is played. But alas, we will never know regarding the D1 vs. D2 battle. Why the heck dont we have one last game?

Because that makes too much sense.

SintonFan_inAustin
11-07-2011, 02:34 PM
No matter who wins D1 or D2 neither team from the region would be able to beat Tyler Chapel Hill barring a miracle, just calling like I see it. WC has the chance to win the region but the semis IDK. Until you see TCH with your own eyes than you would see what I'm talking about.I wouoln't count out Navasota in Region 3 D1.

Saggy Aggie
11-07-2011, 02:51 PM
I wouoln't count out Navasota in Region 3 D1.Think he's talking about reg 4, and just the hell of it, navasota got throttled by TCH last year and they're even better this year

ctown81
11-07-2011, 02:55 PM

Miracle? It came down to the last play with a sophmore heavy carthage team and I doubt Gilmer would need a miracle either.

Saggy Aggie
11-07-2011, 03:00 PM
Miracle? It came down to the last play with a sophmore heavy carthage team and I doubt Gilmer would need a miracle either. didn't their QB break his ankle in that game? And what? 3 future d1 players didn't play at all?

No offense, but if you guys played again I think chill would win by at least 30, and that's against a VERY solid Carthage team.

ctown81
11-07-2011, 03:08 PM
Atleast 30? Really? This is a much improved Carthage team who has a real shot to win the title and IF they can play 4 mistake free quarters they could possibly beat CH. You may as well say they can beat Gilmer by 30 too.

Dub-C
11-07-2011, 03:26 PM
Miracle? It came down to the last play with a sophmore heavy carthage team and I doubt Gilmer would need a miracle either.

Who Won?

ctown81
11-07-2011, 03:47 PM
Who Won?

C-Hill

Saggy Aggie
11-07-2011, 04:29 PM
They'd drum Gilmer too. Absolutely no doubt about it.

Dub-C
11-07-2011, 07:56 PM
C-Hill

That was my point all along. TCh played Carthage last year and beat them pretty bad. I remeber someone from Carthage say they had some injuries last year, that was why TCH beat them so Bad. Well fast forward this year, TCh has a bunch of injured players and still won against Carthage, Now they are all back as a unit. So, IMO they will be hard to beat, they aren't unbeatable but It's gonna take a team to have their best game to beat TCh.

Dogs_21
11-07-2011, 08:55 PM

I agree hands down! seen them and Wimberly last year! TCH was better.

wimbo_pro
11-07-2011, 09:37 PM
I agree hands down! seen them and Wimberly last year! TCH was better.

And Coldspring was better than us, I hate to admit.

Dogs_21
11-07-2011, 09:44 PM
And Coldspring was better than us, I hate to admit.

But Columbia & Wimberly best in Region 4

wimbo_pro
11-07-2011, 09:47 PM
But Columbia & Wimberly best in Region 4

OK, you lost me now. You mean this year or last? I think there was no doubt that Wimberley was best in D2/R4 last year. Don't know how we would of compared to D1 since it would never happen. Just saying that when we met Coldspring, we met a better team. Could we have beaten them? I think yes....maybe 4 out of 10 times...maybe 3...but I left with the impression they were definitely better.

Dogs_21
11-07-2011, 09:58 PM
This year!

ctown81
11-09-2011, 11:29 AM
That was my point all along. TCh played Carthage last year and beat them pretty bad. I remeber someone from Carthage say they had some injuries last year, that was why TCH beat them so Bad. Well fast forward this year, TCh has a bunch of injured players and still won against Carthage, Now they are all back as a unit. So, IMO they will be hard to beat, they aren't unbeatable but It's gonna take a team to have their best game to beat TCh.

Only thing I didn't agree with was the 30pts you stated you guys could beat us by. Last year and even this year, Carthage is known for slow starts while they figure things out. If we got the 2pt conversion and beat you guys I would still take into account it was the 3rd game of the season. Keep in mind you are having a great season but if you guys don't win state(which i think yall can and prob will) the history books will forget this team ever existed.

Dub-C
11-09-2011, 03:30 PM
Only thing I didn't agree with was the 30pts you stated you guys could beat us by. Last year and even this year, Carthage is known for slow starts while they figure things out. If we got the 2pt conversion and beat you guys I would still take into account it was the 3rd game of the season. Keep in mind you are having a great season but if you guys don't win state(which i think yall can and prob will) the history books will forget this team ever existed.

BTW, I'm from West Columbia, so TCH beat our rear-ends also. So is the poster who stated beating YOU GUYS by 30. No HOMER talk, just stating the facts that's all and not taking anything away from you guys either. Carthage was Div 2 SC's last year.

cowboyandchrist
11-09-2011, 03:48 PM
I am a big time Carthage Dawg fan, but Chapell Hill had two starters not out of the game in the first Quarter and 4 starters that did not play so that is 6 big guns missing from middle of first quarter on. Carthage played a great game, but I don't know how close it would have been with a complete Chapell Hill Team. With them healthy and I don't see anybody within 2 touch downs of them.

ctown81
11-09-2011, 05:40 PM
I am a big time Carthage Dawg fan, but Chapell Hill had two starters not out of the game in the first Quarter and 4 starters that did not play so that is 6 big guns missing from middle of first quarter on. Carthage played a great game, but I don't know how close it would have been with a complete Chapell Hill Team. With them healthy and I don't see anybody within 2 touch downs of them.

I totally agree. I just don't think CH is 4 TD's better than Carthage. I expect them to win it this year but with that being said, I never thought Henderson was in the same league as them last year and we saw what happened.

yellaseeker
11-09-2011, 07:00 PM
I hope we get another shot at TCH. I wish i could have seen the championship game between Henderson and TCH last year to see how Henderson got it done. I would have bet my check on TCH winning that title last year. If we get the chance to meet them again, I hope we have an answer to their defense. We are better defensively this year so it will help but, we need to have a decent passing game against them to spread out that powerful defense. Can anybody give me the rundown on how Henderson managed them on both sides of the ball or can the game be viewed somewhere?