PDA

View Full Version : POLL ADDED Hondo Owls vs Gonzales Apaches:The series

Los Owls
11-07-2011, 05:02 AM
If i'm correct,these 2 teams have only met once...1999 Area playoffs in Judson stadium..

Gontex
11-07-2011, 09:54 AM
If i'm correct,these 2 teams have only met once...1999 Area playoffs in Judson stadium..

I have been following Apaches football for more than 50 years and I do believe your observation is correct. Owls had a pretty good running back that year. Don't remember the score, but your guys won.

wimbo_pro
11-07-2011, 10:42 AM

Once? Really? Why is that? I think we have played Taylor before, but not often (at least not often in the last 10 yrs or so).

Gontex
11-07-2011, 11:11 AM
Once? Really? Why is that? I think we have played Taylor before, but not often (at least not often in the last 10 yrs or so).

Location, location, location. In the past when Gonzales made the playoffs, the bi-district games were usually against one of the teams to the south or east. Good luck against Taylor. They have the worst won-loss of any team from Region4AAA that made the playoffs. Gets kind of frustrating when a team at 8-2 like Canyon Lake doesn't get in because of tie breakers. That's the way the old ball bounces though.

Los Owls
11-07-2011, 11:14 AM
How many times has Hondo played Wimberley,Wimbo_pro...Is it 3 or 4 times...

wimbo_pro
11-07-2011, 11:21 AM
How many times has Hondo played Wimberley,Wimbo_pro...Is it 3 or 4 times...

I think you are correct.

Los Owls
11-07-2011, 11:29 AM
I have been following Apaches football for more than 50 years and I do believe your observation is correct. Owls had a pretty good running back that year. Don't remember the score, but your guys won.
Owls had a good RB,Ernie Tapia....I know Gonzales had a good QB and Rb coming into the game, that the Owls had to contain in that game...

Los Owls
11-07-2011, 06:57 PM
Hondo Owls will be the home team....Solid Navy Blue all the way....Come early...:iagree:

rb585
11-07-2011, 08:54 PM
Thread title really disappoints...

fire_it_up
11-07-2011, 09:12 PM
Can you add a poll to this? I really like polls since I can vote now. Gotta vote for the Tribe. With a "D"
like that, why wouldn't I?

44INAROW
11-07-2011, 09:24 PM
Can you add a poll to this? I really like polls since I can vote now. Gotta vote for the Tribe. With a "D"

Here you go Fire_it_up.. Vote away :)

Good Luck against the Owls :clap:

Los Owls
11-07-2011, 09:27 PM
Thread title really disappoints...
Hmm..

wimbo_pro
11-07-2011, 09:33 PM

you haven't seen a real "D" until you meet us...if you are good enough to get by Hondo, which I question!

Los Owls
11-07-2011, 09:37 PM
Can't vote yet but,I'm sticking with the OWLS in a close one.....
Respect the "H"

Los Owls
11-07-2011, 09:40 PM
What teams did you all play in non-district...All AAA or some AAAA...

fire_it_up
11-07-2011, 09:41 PM
you haven't seen a real "D" until you meet us...if you are good enough to get by Hondo, which I question!

You just keep telling yourself that if it helps you sleep at night. As I've said before, go ahead, underestimate us.

wimbo_pro
11-07-2011, 09:44 PM
You just keep telling yourself that if it helps you sleep at night. As I've said before, go ahead, underestimate us.

I am underestimating you about as much as you are underestimating Hondo. Go ahead...keep telling yourself that.

fire_it_up
11-07-2011, 09:46 PM
Here you go Fire_it_up.. Vote away :)

Good Luck against the Owls :clap:

Thanks 44, had no idea how little respect our district gets in the playoffs. They act like like living in the hill country is a requirement to play good ball. The town of Gonzales is built on a hill, does that count? Lmao.

wimbo_pro
11-07-2011, 09:49 PM
Thanks 44, had no idea how little respect our district gets in the playoffs. They act like like living in the hill country is a requirement to play good ball. The town of Gonzales is built on a hill, does that count? Lmao.

How big is the hill?

fire_it_up
11-07-2011, 09:49 PM
I am underestimating you about as much as you are underestimating Hondo. Go ahead...keep telling yourself that.

I have homerism on this thread because it is Apaches vs. Owls! Get the hint? I'm not going to the Texan vs. Duck thread talking about how you won't make it to next week.

wimbo_pro
11-07-2011, 09:52 PM
I got the hint. Sorry. Didn't know it would upset you.

SintonFan_inAustin
11-07-2011, 10:08 PM
Gonzales defense will be to much for Hondo offense. Hondo defense is pretty good too but Gonzales should put enough points to win this contest.

Gonzales 21 Hondo 7

Los Owls
11-07-2011, 10:54 PM
Hope next year we can keep Sinton in our non-district...Love that competition..What do u think Sintonfan-austin..

wimbo_pro
11-08-2011, 01:44 AM
<<<still think Hondo's gonna take this one...>>>

Apache91
11-08-2011, 08:13 AM
Thinks wimbo-pro is worried about his Texans playing the Apaches.

44INAROW
11-08-2011, 08:57 AM

lol oh believe me, I totally understand...... :)

YTBulldogs
11-08-2011, 10:27 AM
GZ has the best defense in R4 IMO. They will totally control this game and the "D" will create scoring chances for the Apache offense. Hondo hangs it's hat on beating Sinton out of the box, and I don't see that happening now if they matched up again.

I really don't think Hondo can score on them, but---I'll give them a late TD.

Gonzales 35
Hondo 7

Los Owls
11-08-2011, 10:32 AM
We better stay home then...Thanks for letting us know,now we don't have to waste gas...:1popcorn:

Lombardi
11-08-2011, 10:50 AM
easy los, gonzo fans aren't the ones making these bold predictions.
We better stay home then...Thanks for letting us know,now we don't have to waste gas...:1popcorn:

wimbo_pro
11-08-2011, 11:47 AM
Thinks wimbo-pro is worried about his Texans playing the Apaches.

LOL...yeah, you got me.

YTBulldogs
11-08-2011, 11:52 AM
The Big Man will have the Apaches fully focused. No looking past I assure you. IMO, the Apache "D" is their strong point. RB's will pay for their carries.

When GZ made a change at QB from Hillman to AJ, this added a double threat that opponents have to contend with. Great move IMO.

Who would GZ/Hondo face in round 2?

apache78
11-08-2011, 12:22 PM
The Big Man will have the Apaches fully focused. No looking past I assure you. IMO, the Apache "D" is their strong point. RB's will pay for their carries.

When GZ made a change at QB from Hillman to AJ, this added a double threat that opponents have to contend with. Great move IMO.

Who would GZ/Hondo face in round 2? C'mon YT, you are just trying to stir up wimbro_pro. Thanks for the vote of confidence, though.

YTBulldogs
11-08-2011, 12:29 PM
C'mon YT, you are just trying to stir up wimbro_pro. Thanks for the vote of confidence, though.

A78, is what I posted wrong in regards to GZ?

wimbo_pro
11-08-2011, 12:51 PM
C'mon YT, you are just trying to stir up wimbro_pro. Thanks for the vote of confidence, though.

What?? Who?? Point 'em out....

Tejastrue
11-08-2011, 01:04 PM

It's Cuero that has earned the respect...you guys still have a little work to do...Good luck to the Apaches...

Apache91
11-08-2011, 02:10 PM
YT-the winner of this game will play the Texans from the hill country.

YTBulldogs
11-08-2011, 02:44 PM

Yeah, I found the bracket. That round 2 match up will be a slug-fest. Alamodome location would be sweet.

SHSBulldog00
11-08-2011, 03:28 PM
http://img842.imageshack.us/img842/3186/leecorsoindianheaddress.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/842/leecorsoindianheaddress.jpg/)

Need I say more?

wimbo_pro
11-08-2011, 03:31 PM

Boy, you just wrote off Taylor, didn't you? I am sure they are hurt by that.

SHSBulldog00
11-08-2011, 03:34 PM

Taylor doesn't play defense soooooooo

Wimberley for the winner

Gontex
11-08-2011, 04:19 PM
Yeah, I found the bracket. That round 2 match up will be a slug-fest. Alamodome location would be sweet.

Hey YT, Apaches are playing Hondo this week. Anything else is speculation. Appreciate your support, but hey, we're going one game at a time.

wimbo_pro
11-08-2011, 04:23 PM
Hey YT, Apaches are playing Hondo this week. Anything else is speculation. Appreciate your support, but hey, we're going one game at a time.

You tell 'em, Gontex!!!

By the way, do you really think you can beat us?

YTBulldogs
11-08-2011, 04:39 PM

Fully aware who ya got this week bud. Good thing being a football fan, without a dog in the fight, we can predict what we think will happen. Without it being placed on someone's bulletin board. Like I said in a prior post here, the Big Guy isn't looking past Hondo. But, I am. :p

That's the fun of playoff's for fan's. Dream matchups. Best "O" IMO in R4 Wimberley versus the best "D" IMO, GZ.

fire_it_up
11-08-2011, 04:41 PM

I didn't:stirpot:

Gontex
11-08-2011, 06:32 PM
You tell 'em, Gontex!!!

By the way, do you really think you can beat us?

Didn't know we were playing Wim. I believe we are playing Hondo.

wimbo_pro
11-08-2011, 06:37 PM
Didn't know we were playing Wim. I believe we are playing Hondo.

Yeah, I know. But you are already gonna whoop em. What about us?

YTBulldogs
11-08-2011, 06:44 PM
Yeah, I know. But you are already gonna whoop em. What about us?

LOL. Stir it up wp:stirpot:

All next week should be a blast on here.

wimbo_pro
11-08-2011, 07:13 PM
LOL. Stir it up wp:stirpot:

All next week should be a blast on here.

You hit it on the head, YT. Let's pick the pace on this board!! It's the play offs, dammit!!! A little bravado won't hurt anyone...lets have some fun!

Los Owls
11-09-2011, 09:04 AM
These teams are very mirror like...:1popcorn:
Gonzales total yards:3683...rushing 2972,,,passing 711
Hondo:total yards,3445......rushing 1826,,,passing 1619
Gonzales opponents won a total of 39 games--lost 60
Hondo opponents won a total of 44 games---lost 55
Gonzales scored a total of 368 points,,,Defense gave up 61 points...
Hondo scored a total of 409 points,,,Defense gave up 164 ponts.....

Should be a great one....Respect the "H'

wimbo_pro
11-09-2011, 10:22 AM
These teams are very mirror like...:1popcorn:
Gonzales total yards:3683...rushing 2972,,,passing 711
Hondo:total yards,3445......rushing 1826,,,passing 1619
Gonzales opponents won a total of 39 games--lost 60
Hondo opponents won a total of 44 games---lost 55
Gonzales scored a total of 368 points,,,Defense gave up 61 points...
Hondo scored a total of 409 points,,,Defense gave up 164 ponts.....

Should be a great one....Respect the "H'

Wish I could see this one. The only stat that doesn't bode well for Hondo is the Points Against. Not that Hondo did poorly, but that Gonzales did so well.

Los Owls
11-09-2011, 10:43 AM
Wish I could see this one. The only stat that doesn't bode well for Hondo is the Points Against. Not that Hondo did poorly, but that Gonzales did so well.

Owls gave up 80 points in the last 2 games..Lost 33-25 to Somerset and 47-27 to Devine....Hondo's offense vs Gonzales defense...Somehing hasto give...

YTBulldogs
11-09-2011, 10:48 AM
Owls gave up 80 points in the last 2 games..Lost 33-25 to Somerset and 47-27 to Devine....Hondo's offense vs Gonzales defense...Somehing hasto give...

Afraid it will be the Hondo "O" that never get's traction.

Los Owls
11-09-2011, 11:28 AM
Afraid it will be the Hondo "O" that never get's traction.
Yea,Gonzales "D" must be doing something right for shutting out Cuero,Sam Houston,and Yoakum...I think they shut out Yoakum.not to sure..Not to sure if these 3 teams pass as much as Hondo does and relied more on the run...

YTBulldogs
11-09-2011, 11:38 AM
Yea,Gonzales "D" must be doing something right for shutting out Cuero,Sam Houston,and Yoakum...I think they shut out Yoakum.not to sure..Not to sure if these 3 teams pass as much as Hondo does and relied more on the run...

Been awhile since I seen a "D" like the one Gonzo put's out there. They make great adjustments to what a team is trying to do. No stud's, but--as a unit, they play awesome. Safeties are something else.

Los Owls
11-09-2011, 11:44 AM
Been awhile since I seen a "D" like the one Gonzo put's out there. They make great adjustments to what a team is trying to do. No stud's, but--as a unit, they play awesome. Safeties are something else.
Does Gonzales band play that apache cry song....

wimbo_pro
11-09-2011, 12:14 PM

True, YTB. The stats on Gonzales D are telling. Their D rating is pretty high!

YTBulldogs
11-09-2011, 12:18 PM
True, YTB. The stats on Gonzales D are telling. Their D rating is pretty high!

It will be a great matchup wp. You know, the one they don't want to talk about. A can't miss type of clash. The "O" versus the "D".

wimbo_pro
11-09-2011, 12:19 PM
It will be a great matchup wp. You know, the one they don't want to talk about. A can't miss type of clash. The "O" versus the "D".

Given a mandatory choice (versus having both), I would go with the dominant D. Hondo will have its hands full.

YTBulldogs
11-09-2011, 12:22 PM
Given a mandatory choice (versus having both), I would go with the dominant D. Hondo will have its hands full.

I was referring to next weeks match up bud.

wimbo_pro
11-09-2011, 12:33 PM
I was referring to next weeks match up bud.

Oh...gotcha. Well, since we have both, it's a moot point!! LOL

Actually, if we both get through to the next round (I say that only to appease the worriers), I look forward to being tested by a really good D. If we can't get by it, then we don't deserve the ratings/rankings that we have. I think we DO deserve it, and will prevail.

bigcat8
11-09-2011, 03:26 PM
what is very strange to me is ya'll keep saying this is a battle between Hondo's O and Gonzo's D.. Gonzo's O has more total yards than Hondo's O. Gonzo's O gets no love!!

YTBulldogs
11-09-2011, 03:33 PM
what is very strange to me is ya'll keep saying this is a battle between Hondo's O and Gonzo's D.. Gonzo's O has more total yards than Hondo's O. Gonzo's O gets no love!!

We were talking in regards to the potential match up next week bigcat, Gonzales vs. Wimberley. Should both teams win this week of course.

ramirezg
11-09-2011, 03:58 PM
bigcat8, we love our "O" also.

fire_it_up
11-09-2011, 04:28 PM

Our "offense" has a ton of heart, and we just have guys that can make stuff happen when backed in a corner. Love watching the offense line make the holes for our RB to run through.

YTBulldogs
11-09-2011, 04:29 PM

Don't get me wrong, GZ "O" is a good offense. But, to me--that "D" is one of the best I have seen. It creates short fields, causes turnovers and that helps that "O" be successful.

True, it takes both to win championship's. And Cecil the Diesel is a beast of a running back, behind a quality line that creates nice running lanes. The QB change was a awesome move that makes the threat at the helm position tougher to defend against. GZ has it all this year IMO. And, the Big Guy is leading them and keeping them focused at the task at hand. One game at a time.

But, when I think of Gonzales and the 4 or five games I've seen them play---that "D" and the havoc it causes opponents, is what I remember from those games.

Los Owls
11-09-2011, 04:47 PM
We were talking in regards to the potential match up next week bigcat, Gonzales vs. Wimberley. Should both teams win this week of course.

Sorry but,i'm talking Hondo vs Gonzales now...We will wait till next week if we get there next week...Gonzales is first right now....

YTBulldogs
11-09-2011, 04:53 PM
Sorry but,i'm talking Hondo vs Gonzales now...We will wait till next week if we get there next week...Gonzales is first right now....

Ok Los Owls. Gonzales will beat ya'll. I really don't think you will score, but ---I did predict a 35-7 score.

How you see it unfolding now?

Los Owls
11-09-2011, 05:00 PM
Gonzales had a total of 238 yds more then Hondo in Total offense..Gonzales did have more rushing yds then Hondo..Hondo is a run and pass offense..They were almost half pass and run....

Los Owls
11-09-2011, 05:01 PM
Ok Los Owls. Gonzales will beat ya'll. I really don't think you will score, but ---I did predict a 35-7 score.

How you see it unfolding now?
Owls 28-21...Sorry..

YTBulldogs
11-09-2011, 05:11 PM
Owls 28-21...Sorry..

Love your support bud. Not sure you'll have 21 yards, much less 21 points though.:p

LV_Bearfan
11-09-2011, 06:54 PM
Gonzales will win 28-14. That is all.

Los Owls
11-09-2011, 08:28 PM
Love your support bud. Not sure you'll have 21 yards, much less 21 points though.:p
We are not Yoakum,we should have at least 22 yds..LOL...

YTBulldogs
11-09-2011, 08:30 PM
We are not Yoakum,we should have at least 22 yds..LOL...

LOL. True that. They spanked us like a step child.

warhorsejoe
11-10-2011, 12:20 AM
Hondo 21
Gonzales 20

Gonzales alum
11-10-2011, 02:18 PM
I have enjoyed reading everyone's predictions about the Hondo-Gonzales match up. It makes no difference what you predict. It only matters who shows up to play and if they were prepared by their coaches. ANY team can lose on any given day regardless of your stats. Go Apaches!!!

warhorsejoe
11-10-2011, 02:42 PM
First of all, Hondo has had the injury bug in the middle of the season they just got all there starters in the Devine game. It seemed that Hondo was just gassed out in the 4th (4th Qrt score 21-19) against Devine. I think that they will be better conditioned for there second game back. Not taking anything away from Gonzales and there D but Hondo has speed and talent in the D as well. Their QB is very poised and smart with a good arm, he can run and break tackles and can avoid getting sack at times. One more thing, they also are well coached and have a lot of experience in being the UNDER DOGS in the playoffs. I hate to call them the "under dogs" cause I do believe they are a tad bit better then Gonzales. Dont assess their season by their record or stats, remember they had 4 o4 5 starters out in the middle of the season.

My Prediction:

Hondo 21
Gonzales 20

GOOD LUCK TO BOTH TEAMS!

Lombardi
11-10-2011, 04:32 PM
and remember this...as a whole, GZ's district is way tougher than Hondo's.. 27AAA has the three playoff teams and that is it.. The other 4 are horrible and at the bottom of 3A... So all those stats you are talking about are very deceiving...
First of all, Hondo has had the injury bug in the middle of the season they just got all there starters in the Devine game. It seemed that Hondo was just gassed out in the 4th (4th Qrt score 21-19) against Devine. I think that they will be better conditioned for there second game back. Not taking anything away from Gonzales and there D but Hondo has speed and talent in the D as well. Their QB is very poised and smart with a good arm, he can run and break tackles and can avoid getting sack at times. One more thing, they also are well coached and have a lot of experience in being the UNDER DOGS in the playoffs. I hate to call them the "under dogs" cause I do believe they are a tad bit better then Gonzales. Dont assess their season by their record or stats, remember they had 4 o4 5 starters out in the middle of the season.

My Prediction:

Hondo 21
Gonzales 20

GOOD LUCK TO BOTH TEAMS!

wimbo_pro
11-10-2011, 06:45 PM
and remember this...as a whole, GZ's district is way tougher than Hondo's.. 27AAA has the three playoff teams and that is it.. The other 4 are horrible and at the bottom of 3A... So all those stats you are talking about are very deceiving...

Hence, my prediction of a GZ win.

Los Owls
11-10-2011, 09:38 PM
Don't worry about the other 4..Worry about who is in...

Lombardi
11-10-2011, 11:08 PM
don't worry, no one is concerned about the other 4..and I mean no one! Just tired of these blown up stats everyone is throwing out.. evidently y'all weren't to concerned with who was in... you lost to the 2!!
Don't worry about the teams!other 4..Worry about who is in...

Los Owls
11-10-2011, 11:36 PM
don't worry, no one is concerned about the other 4..and I mean no one! Just tired of these blown up stats everyone is throwing out.. evidently y'all weren't to concerned with who was in... you lost to the 2!!
Did enough to make the playoffs..That's all that matters...It's not about stats,it's about advancing..Love HS Football..

YTBulldogs
11-11-2011, 08:32 AM
Well, the time to prove one's case is here. Los Owls, you been a dedicated supporter of Hondo and I wish you well. I been having fun just talking football with ya, and your a good sport.

Best wishes to both teams and please give the fan's a good, clean game. Leave it on the field guys. Whoever don't move on next week, you had a great season and both community's should be proud of you.

There is a lot of us, that would love to be where you are right now.

fire_it_up
11-11-2011, 09:41 AM
Hence, my prediction of a GZ win.

I think you may have a disorder. You have predicted both teams to win on this thread. Lol!

Los Owls
11-11-2011, 03:10 PM
I think you may have a disorder. You have predicted both teams to win on this thread. Lol!
Maybe has 2,3,4 personalities..

bjrod9
11-11-2011, 03:17 PM
Maybe has 2,3,4 personalities..

So ready to see this game tonight,good luck to both teams! Go Owls Go!

Los Owls
11-11-2011, 03:43 PM
At the end,all that matters is for all players to come out injured free and all fans have a safe trip to and after the game...Go Big Blue...
Respect the "H"....

wimbo_pro
11-11-2011, 04:53 PM

Thats a fair statement, Fire-it-up. I think I let my "Hondo whooped our ass outa no where in '06" get to me, and really felt (and kinda still do) that Hondo can surprise you. However, after checking out the Massey ratings in depth, and speaking with a good friend of mine who is knowledgeable of both teams (I havent personally seen either)...I changed my prediction. The biggest reason is GZ's defense. Just too much.

Roughneck93
11-11-2011, 05:08 PM
I like Gonzales in this one. I think their D shuts down Hondo.

sotex
11-11-2011, 10:19 PM
I like Gonzales in this one. I think their D shuts down Hondo.
You were right. Gonzo's defense has held Hondo to 3 points and very few yards. 21-3 Gonzo with 3:00 left. Congrats to the Apaches on a great game.

regaleagle
11-11-2011, 11:42 PM
That was a great win for you Gonzo boys. Looks like you are a team on a mission, huh? Congrats. Growing up in Goliad, I am happy to see you succeed. Good job, Gonzo. Good luck next week.

fire_it_up
11-11-2011, 11:47 PM
Great win tonight Apaches! Keep it rollin' one game at a time!

Roughneck93
11-11-2011, 11:50 PM
Congrats Apaches! :clap:

pirate4state
11-12-2011, 12:17 AM
what was the final?

fire_it_up
11-12-2011, 12:20 AM
21-10. Owls scored a TD at the end of the 4th.

Gonzales alum
11-12-2011, 12:39 AM
21-10. Owls scored a TD at the end of the 4th.

Way to roll Apaches!!!

Los Owls
11-12-2011, 12:42 AM
Great game..Gonzales has a good team and wish them the best..Proud of our Owls and holding the Apaches to 21 points is pretty good....

Los Owls
11-12-2011, 12:48 AM
Gonzales

Hondo

Scoring summary

GON -- Jon Anthony Casares 1-yard run (Cory Espinosa run), 10:08, 2nd.

HON -- Zane Carroll 25-yard field goal, 06:20, 2nd.

GON -- Landon Lock 19-yard run (kick failed), 03:42, 2nd.

GON -- Jon Anthony Casares 9-yard run (Matt Hillman kick), 05:01, 3rd.

HON -- Justin Frazier 22-yard pass from Cade Rosenbaum (Zane Carroll kick), 01:09, 4th.

Team Stats

Gonzales

Hondo

Total yards

First downs

Rushes/Yds

52/220

21/20

Average rush

Comp/Atts

0/3/0

13/23/2

Pass yards

Comp pct

Punts

Punting Yards

Punting Average

Fumbles/Lost

3/1

1/0

Penalties-yards

6-40

6-55

Gontex
11-12-2011, 07:03 AM

Looks like the Texans are pretty fortunate to be playing Gonzales on Friday. San Marcos Record says the game will be played at New Braunfels Canyon. I was kind of hoping for Texas State, but that red Canyon field will be exciting in and of itself. It came very close to being Gonzales vs. Taylor. Have to say Taylor really surprised me, but that's why they play the games. You just never know what is going to happen in a high school football playoff game. Question away, Wimbo.

Gontex
11-12-2011, 09:03 AM
Great game..Gonzales has a good team and wish them the best..Proud of our Owls and holding the Apaches to 21 points is pretty good....

Hey Los Owls,
Just want to acknowledge a good football team from Hondo. You played tough and never quit. Apaches were pounding you all night long but you kept competing. Congratulations on a great season.

warhorsejoe
11-12-2011, 09:13 AM
Hey Los Owls,
Just want to acknowledge a good football team from Hondo. You played tough and never quit. Apaches were pounding you all night long but you kept competing. Congratulations on a great season.

:clap: :clap :clap:

Sportshack
11-12-2011, 09:51 AM
Looks like the Texans are pretty fortunate to be playing Gonzales on Friday. San Marcos Record says the game will be played at New Braunfels Canyon. I was kind of hoping for Texas State, but that red Canyon field will be exciting in and of itself. It came very close to being Gonzales vs. Taylor. Have to say Taylor really surprised me, but that's why they play the games. You just never know what is going to happen in a high school football playoff game. Question away, Wimbo.

well some of their good fortune was a result of beautiful passes and catches by receivers and tight end, a defense that found away to win with reserves having to play in secondary, Running Backs that refused to be denied in clutch either on the ground or in the air, the fantastic hurdling run of a a QB with a pulled muscle, and all done without one of the best players in state who was sidelined. Maybe Wimberley is fortuntate...I thought that they were decidedly unfortunate to even have to go to overtime. The ducks would have advanced against a lot of teams... Good win for your Apaches. Their defense just appears legit. It should be a good game.

Los Owls
11-12-2011, 11:36 AM
Hey Los Owls,
Enjoyed the game,now go get those Texans...:iagree: