PDA

View Full Version : Kennedale vs. Decatur

texas_wildcat
11-06-2011, 07:17 PM
who will win and why?

texas_wildcat
11-06-2011, 07:24 PM
i think kennedale will win this game because they have got alot better with all there starters out
i think it will be like 24-21

Bullaholic
11-06-2011, 07:26 PM
Decatur has quite a few athletic players in the skill positions and have the speed and strength to run a lot on almost anybody. The Decatur defense is not that big, but they cover well, and are quick and go to the ball well.

Decatur by 10+ in this one.

83Indian
11-06-2011, 07:35 PM
who will win and why?

Looks like Decatur has beat 4 teams who qualified for the playoffs including Mineral Wells, Bridgeport, Burkburnet, and Whitesboro. If Kennedale had not lost their starting QB, I think Kennedale could have possibly won this one. You never know. Get that Wing T working and you might have a chance.

GrTigers6
11-06-2011, 08:05 PM
Both teams have speed and several athletes that can make a difference on a single play, But i think that Decatur has more but I do believe of the two teams that are undefeated, This matchup has the best chance for and upset. I dont think this game will be as lopsided as the records would indicate. I say Decatur by less than 7

Roll'em up
11-06-2011, 08:21 PM
This will be too close to call. Both teams will run the ball a lot. Expect a low scoring game.

BullBoy
11-06-2011, 09:22 PM
Decatur by 14

King-Kat
11-06-2011, 09:37 PM
I think Kennedale can win if they play a complete game. If they get get behind early, it could be a long night. Rivera the starting QB will be missed, he would be the one to make the difference.

5wide
11-06-2011, 10:06 PM
Why did kennedale have such a huge drop off midway through the season? Looked to start off strong then struggled down the road?

rangerjim60
11-06-2011, 10:06 PM
I know Kennedale is hurt is key spots but think Decatur is much improved this year. They have 3 backs who can break one and although they haven't passed much the last few games, think Coach Story will open it up a little for this game. Muehlstien pretty elusive in the pocket so will be tought to sack. Eagles "O" line has played real nice this year and as said before defense is quick to the ball. Kennedale has done a nice job filling in for injuries and is always dangerous. Final tipping point - kennedale whooped Decatur's arse last year and that will provide extra motivation. Decatur by 10.

5wide
11-06-2011, 10:13 PM
I'm pretty sure the scrimmage portion was a tie during the live half. Correct me if I'm wrong and does anyone remember the score?

texas_wildcat
11-07-2011, 09:00 AM
i did not make it to that
we hit a hole at the half way point but finsh like kennedale allways has
they look like they did from day one if not better from here on out we will be the underdog and that is what you have to watch for now.

GrTigers6
11-07-2011, 10:34 AM
i did not make it to that
we hit a hole at the half way point but finsh like kennedale allways has
they look like they did from day one if not better from here on out we will be the underdog and that is what you have to watch for now.The underdog is the best place to be in the playoffs. Every week you have something to prove. Always have to root for my district so go wildcats!

texas_wildcat
11-07-2011, 05:14 PM
is there no Decatur people on the site

GrTigers6
11-07-2011, 05:42 PM
is there no Decatur people on the siteVery few! But more than Glen Rose posters lol

rangerjim60
11-08-2011, 11:17 AM
Decatur is here - don't worry. The Eagles are feeling no love either and are not even in the state top 20 at 10-0. Have beat 4 playoff teams and some down and out schools too so understand that lack of adoration. As said before, the whooping you (kennedale) put on Decatur last Nov. still motivates the Eagles. Should be a terrific game but believe Decatur is a lot deeper than Kennedale this year. Still thinking Decatur by about 10. Be ready for the pooch kick LOL Doesnt look like weather will be an issue this year.

eagles31
11-08-2011, 11:26 AM
decatur by 17. they are looking pretty good! the d has got better each week

mick5302
11-08-2011, 12:14 PM
Give a vote to Kennedale from the AP.

texas_wildcat
11-08-2011, 01:55 PM
Give a vote to Kennedale from the AP.
will do

garciap77
11-08-2011, 02:01 PM
kennedale by 21! Because Decatur will chock!

texas_wildcat
11-08-2011, 02:05 PM
kennedale by 21! Because Decatur will chock!
i would love to see them win like that but it will not happen by 21 only 3 to7

5wide
11-08-2011, 03:14 PM
ha dumb wylie poster...can't even spell!!! By the way..I saw that our volleyball teams are playing tonight..give me decatur in four.

Bullaholic
11-08-2011, 03:21 PM
Buzzzzzzzzzz goes the reel , "splash" when the purple and gold spinner-bait hits the water, the pole bends mightily as the hook is set ,,,,:D

COBRAFOOTBALL
11-08-2011, 08:23 PM
Kennedale by 14

ccmom
11-08-2011, 11:55 PM
ha dumb wylie poster...can't even spell!!! By the way..I saw that our volleyball teams are playing tonight..give me decatur in four.Close....it was Wylie in 3. :wave:

All three sets were very competitive, though. Congrats to Decatur on a great season.

IndianFan2012
11-09-2011, 07:36 AM
The underdog is the best place to be in the playoffs. Every week you have something to prove. Always have to root for my district so go wildcats!

I always root for my district unless it's Kennedale. They have proved time and time again that they do not have any sportsmanship.

Also, Decatur by 10

GrTigers6
11-09-2011, 08:25 AM
I always root for my district unless it's Kennedale. They have proved time and time again that they do not have any sportsmanship.

Also, Decatur by 10I have to overlook that, When our district wins, it makes all of us look better, and more competitive.

fbjm
11-09-2011, 08:39 AM

Also, Decatur by 10

So I guess IndianFan2012 & GrTigers are now determining who's got it and who doesn't? WOW!! Whether they do or don't...talk about the game and leave everything else alone.

GrTigers6
11-09-2011, 08:52 AM
So I guess IndianFan2012 & GrTigers are now determining who's got it and who doesn't? WOW!! Whether they do or don't...talk about the game and leave everything else alone.Sportmansship is part of the game. Unsportmanlike acts can cost a team dearly.

texas_wildcat
11-09-2011, 09:04 AM
Sportmansship is part of the game. Unsportmanlike acts can cost a team dearly.
we have good sportsmansship i hvae no clue what he is talking about.

GrTigers6
11-09-2011, 09:07 AM
we have good sportsmansship i hvae no clue what he is talking about.Not talking about this year, but years in the past have been bad. a few years ago. granted we had a few players that couldnt resist retaliation.

fbjm
11-09-2011, 12:15 PM
Not talking about this year, but years in the past have been bad. a few years ago. granted we had a few players that couldnt resist retaliation.

Dont talk bad about some other school to build your team up!!!

rangerjim60
11-09-2011, 12:25 PM
Decatur has seen Kennedale a lot over the years and cannot think of one issue of unsportsmanship on either side. This is a good rivalry and expect nothing less on Friday night. Good Luck kids and play your hearts out. That's what it's all about.............Oh yea - my Vegas line hasn't changed Eagles by 10 LOL

GrTigers6
11-09-2011, 12:32 PM
Dont talk bad about some other school to build your team up!!!How am I talking my team up? I said we had some trouble makers back then as well

rangerjim60
11-09-2011, 12:32 PM
OK - work is slow and am browsing 3A and foung the match analyzer post. Ran this game and the idiot box (computer) shows Decatur 34 - Kennedale 28. 63% chance of Decatur winning which just about matches the 3A poll above.

What that means is that 3A DownLow posters are as smart as the idiot boxes (computers)...............

GrTigers6
11-09-2011, 12:52 PM
I have to overlook that, When our district wins, it makes all of us look better, and more competitive.When I made this statement I was referering more to rivalries and the bad blood that comes from them. I overlook that to root for my district. We all have our bad games when it comes to sportsmanship. They just seem to be more often when its us and Kennedale

mick5302
11-09-2011, 02:47 PM
Decatur has seen Kennedale a lot over the years and cannot think of one issue of unsportsmanship on either side. This is a good rivalry and expect nothing less on Friday night. Good Luck kids and play your hearts out. That's what it's all about.............Oh yea - my Vegas line hasn't changed Eagles by 10 LOL

I appreciate your comment. Sometimes its hard to read negative things about your kids, especially when they don't deserve it.

fbjm
11-09-2011, 05:45 PM
When I made this statement I was referering more to rivalries and the bad blood that comes from them. I overlook that to root for my district. We all have our bad games when it comes to sportsmanship. They just seem to be more often when its us and Kennedale

Cool GrTigers6 I understand your point...in the heat of the battle things are done and said that normally would not take place any other time..hope your district does well

IndianFan2012
11-09-2011, 06:45 PM
we have good sportsmansship i hvae no clue what he is talking about.

This year maybe but you can't say that last year you had any form of sportsmanship.

Primetime13
11-09-2011, 07:16 PM
This year maybe but you can't say that last year you had any form of sportsmanship.

They didnt have any sportsmanship in 09 or 08 I played in both of those games and it was pretty bad!!

COBRAFOOTBALL
11-09-2011, 08:17 PM
They didnt have any sportsmanship in 09 or 08 I played in both of those games and it was pretty bad!! Is that the year Kennedale Painted our turf field?

texas_wildcat
11-09-2011, 09:16 PM
Is that the year Kennedale Painted our turf field?
no that was in 03

JustAFan
11-10-2011, 12:16 PM
no that was in 03
Actually, it was in '01.

texas_wildcat
11-10-2011, 06:23 PM
only 26 more hours till kick off

COBRAFOOTBALL
11-11-2011, 09:55 AM
only 26 more hours till kick off I smell an upset...

rangerjim60
11-11-2011, 12:43 PM
I believe your smeller is off. Decatur has the better team this year (due to kennedale injuries unfortunately). Plus the big factor is they remember too well the whooping they got last year. I think that extra motivation will carry Decatur thru to the next round. Gonna be a good game.

GrTigers6
11-11-2011, 12:54 PM
I believe your smeller is off. Decatur has the better team this year (due to kennedale injuries unfortunately). Plus the big factor is they remember too well the whooping they got last year. I think that extra motivation will carry Decatur thru to the next round. Gonna be a good game.Its funny, It seems the roles have changed from last years game. I guess it comes down to how much better Decatur or how much Kennedale has fallen of from last years teams. Only time will tell:thinking:

rholl
11-11-2011, 01:00 PM
What was last years score????????????

GrTigers6
11-11-2011, 01:42 PM
What was last years score????????????According to star telegram it was 68-13 Kennedale

rangerjim60
11-11-2011, 01:54 PM
GrTiger - wish I could be two places tonight. Your game with B'Port should be a classic. Throw out that first game in bazillion degree heat between you two. I think this game is decided by 6 or less points. Just don't know who yet :confused:

fbjm
11-11-2011, 02:01 PM
They didnt have any sportsmanship in 09 or 08 I played in both of those games and it was pretty bad!!

Is the reason there bad sports cause they beat yall both those years?

cr180t
11-11-2011, 06:49 PM
Is this game web cast

Black_Magic
11-11-2011, 07:46 PM
Is this game web cast no, but I will be on with live updates as I see the game unfold.:crazy:

rangerjim60
11-11-2011, 11:54 PM
Kennedale wins 24-14.

Worst game by Decatur all year but congratulations Kennedale. All that talk earlier about bad sportsmanship was an omen. Kennedale got under Decaturs skin somehow and Decatur showed their butts!! At least 7 unsportsman like penalties and one ejection and that was just the Eagles. Very un-Decatur like.

COBRAFOOTBALL
11-12-2011, 12:01 AM
Kennedale wins 24-14.

Worst game by Decatur all year but congratulations Kennedale. All that talk earlier about bad sportsmanship was an omen. Kennedale got under Decaturs skin somehow and Decatur showed their butts!! At least 7 unsportsman like penalties and one ejection and that was just the Eagles. Very un-Decatur like.

I smelled a upset...

texas_wildcat
11-12-2011, 12:03 AM
Kennedale wins 24-14.

say what you want the better team won
just because kennedale was 7-3 does not mean they are not a good team
10-0 wait i mean 10-1 you have to play good teams to be a good team
but good season Decatur

5wide
11-12-2011, 12:17 AM
say what you want the better team won
just because kennedale was 7-3 does not mean they are not a good team
10-0 wait i mean 10-1 you have to play good teams to be a good team
but good season Decatur

You cpuldn't be more wrong. Not the better team and that is in no way a homer statement. That was one of the worsyt games by a Coach Story team I have ever seen. We had no sync and never showed up. Yall won but you were not a "better" team. It was more emberassing to lose to a team like Kennedale than teams like: whitesboro, mineral wells or burkburnett. Yall had two big runs with qb keeps up the middle and thats it on offense! Then get lucky on a fumbled field goal snap, pick it up and scramble into endzone. We played by far the worst game I have ever seen. It was a complete joke.

Primetime13
11-12-2011, 12:29 AM
You cpuldn't be more wrong. Not the better team and that is in no way a homer statement. That was one of the worsyt games by a Coach Story team I have ever seen. We had no sync and never showed up. Yall won but you were not a "better" team. It was more emberassing to lose to a team like Kennedale than teams like: whitesboro, mineral wells or burkburnett. Yall had two big runs with qb keeps up the middle and thats it on offense! Then get lucky on a fumbled field goal snap, pick it up and scramble into endzone. We played by far the worst game I have ever seen. It was a complete joke.

I hate when people say they lost because there team plated thier worst game all year... You know why you played like that? Because kennedale is better and that made you! It's what they did that mafe yall look bad! Yall played a horrible schedule that is why yall were 10-0 then yall played one team tht was ok and yall lost, shows you yall werent as good as you thought! Play a tougher schedule amd you wouldn't be shocked in the playoffs

texas_wildcat
11-12-2011, 12:31 AM

I guess you can say what you want
your QB had yalls TD but whatever
our D showed up to play
Yall had a good year good luck next year keep yalls head up

5wide
11-12-2011, 12:57 AM
I hate when people say they lost because there team plated thier worst game all year... You know why you played like that? Because kennedale is better and that made you! It's what they did that mafe yall look bad! Yall played a horrible schedule that is why yall were 10-0 then yall played one team tht was ok and yall lost, shows you yall werent as good as you thought! Play a tougher schedule amd you wouldn't be shocked in the playoffs

Yall and I mean Alvarado, have had a good run no doubt, but don't act like your the talk of the state. We have been where you are and were the talk of the stae. We played teams like wylie, gainseville, graham, sweetwater, prosper and Iowa Park when all those teams were good all in the pre-season and had a record of 7-5. We know what good football is. I have never said that we were an awesome team. Not once. Yes I know what a weak schedule is and no doubt ours was one of them. But I also know when a better team doesn't show up to play and
gets beat. Example of our 2004 team that lost to wylie.

Primetime13
11-12-2011, 01:04 AM
Yall and I mean Alvarado, have had a good run no doubt, but don't act like your the talk of the state. We have been where you are and were the talk of the stae. We played teams like wylie, gainseville, graham, sweetwater, prosper and Iowa Park when all those teams were good all in the pre-season and had a record of 7-5. We know what good football is. I have never said that we were an awesome team. Not once. Yes I know what a weak schedule is and no doubt ours was one of them. But I also know when a better team doesn't show up to play and

Wow, did you read that before you posted it? You were NOT the talk of the state with a record of 7-5 you may have known what good football looked like, but with a record of 7-5, it was cause you were looking at the other teams who were beating you!! Lol Smh...

Lions88
11-12-2011, 01:09 AM

Stupidity at is finest..

5wide
11-12-2011, 01:12 AM
[QUOTE=Primetime13;1634372]Wow, did you read that before you posted it? You were NOT the talk of the state with a record of 7-5 you may have known what good football looked like, but with a record of 7-5, it was cause you were looking at the other teams who were beating you!! Lol Smh...[/QUOTE

That was a combined record of those years vs those teams. In 04' we beat the eventual state champs Wylie 44-7 at our house then lost 14-13 in the third round. From 02'-07' we had combined record of 60-13 and 5 straight district championships.

Primetime13
11-12-2011, 01:13 AM
Stupidity at is finest..
Haha we agree on something :)
I'm liking you more and more!!
By the way Congrats to.your lions

Primetime13
11-12-2011, 01:16 AM
[QUOTE=Primetime13;1634372]Wow, did you read that before you posted it? You were NOT the talk of the state with a record of 7-5 you may have known what good football looked like, but with a record of 7-5, it was cause you were looking at the other teams who were beating you!! Lol Smh...[/QUOTE

That was a combined record of those years vs those teams. In 04' we beat the evientual state champs Wylie 44-7 at our house then lost 14-13 in the third round. From 02'-07' we had combined record of 60-13 and 5 straight district championships.

And what was your records those years in the playoffs?

5wide
11-12-2011, 01:32 AM
[QUOTE=5wide;1634384]

And what was your records those years in the playoffs?

02'-12-1 lost to sweetwater
03'-10-2 lost to vernon
04'-12-1 lost to wylie-state champs. Were thefirst team to beat gainsville after winning state.
05'-8-4 lost to gainsville-state runner up to wimberley
06'-10-1 lost wylie last second field goal
07'-8-4 lost to wylie-state runner up

Lions88
11-12-2011, 01:36 AM
[QUOTE=Primetime13;1634392]

03'-10-2 lost to vernon
04'-12-1 lost to wylie-state champs. Were thefirst team to beat gainsville after winning state.

So do you want a trophy or a blue ribbon for losing in the playoffs. There is only one team in each division that wins. Everyone else had the same season, meaning they didnt win a championship. I am just not sure what you are trying to brag about. But here is your blue ribbon for a 10-1 season. Great job. Great Job.

Primetime13
11-12-2011, 01:43 AM
[QUOTE=Primetime13;1634392]

03'-10-2 lost to vernon

So let me get this straight yall were 8-6 in playoffs? Because that was the question i asked earlier. An if thats the case You werent that good!! 8-6 is average so therefore you dont know what good football is! You seem to have a easy schedule then get to playoffs win one and your done... Here is another blue ribbon for being average...

5wide
11-12-2011, 01:45 AM
[QUOTE=5wide;1634404]

So do you want a trophy or a blue ribbon for losing in the playoffs. There is only one team in each division that wins. Everyone else had the same season, meaning they didnt win a championship. I am just not sure what you are trying to brag about. But here is your blue ribbon for a 10-1 season. Great job. Great Job.

Don't really know why your even chatting in...no blue ribbon needed. Just stating my own opinions, as you state yours. He asked for the records so I posted them. Was I not supposed to posylt them? Lol

Lions88
11-12-2011, 01:53 AM
[QUOTE=Lions88;1634408]

Don't really know why your even chatting in...no blue ribbon needed. Just stating my own opinions, as you state yours. He asked for the records so I posted them. Was I not supposed to posylt them? Lol
You can post them but it further proves your stupidity in what you are saying.. and I chime in because I am the stupidity police and I just arrested you.. you have the right to remain silent.. please for the love of god do so..

garciap77
11-12-2011, 01:55 AM
ha dumb wylie poster...can't even spell!!! By the way..i saw that our volleyball teams are playing tonight..give me decatur in four.

buzzzzzzzzzz goes the reel , "splash" when the purple and gold spinner-bait hits the water, the pole bends mightily as the hook is set ,,,,:d

http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/Smilies/cool-2.gif

garciap77
11-12-2011, 02:02 AM
ha dumb wylie poster...can't even spell!!! By the way..I saw that our volleyball teams are playing tonight..give me decatur in four.

Watch your spelling son!:D

GrTigers6
11-12-2011, 07:55 AM
[QUOTE=5wide;1634404]

So do you want a trophy or a blue ribbon for losing in the playoffs. There is only one team in each division that wins. Everyone else had the same season, meaning they didnt win a championship. I am just not sure what you are trying to brag about. But here is your blue ribbon for a 10-1 season. Great job. Great Job.I dont agree with that statement. If everyone had a the same season then why keep records. if you have a winning season that is succesful.maybe not as successful as you wanted but still succesful. Yes everyone wants to win it all and if they dont its disapointing but not a bad season. Now if your expected to win like Gilmer, Carthage, Henderson, Chapel Hill, and even Alvarado, then I could see being disappointed for not winning it all. But any one else has the goal of going farther than they have before, And go from there.
Just My Opinion!

mick5302
11-12-2011, 09:08 AM
I was at this game. The #1 reason Kennedale won this game is defense. Kennedale's defense showed up and DOMINATED Decatur. I think Decatur's shuffling offense saw they were not rattling anyone and got more and more frustrated and literally fell apart.

Bullaholic
11-12-2011, 10:01 AM
I sure missed the call on this one. After seeing Decatur play, and their record, I really thought they would come away with the win in this one. Congrats to a tough Kennedale team for a hard-fought win, and good luck in the playoffs.

COBRAFOOTBALL
11-12-2011, 09:32 PM
I sure missed the call on this one. After seeing Decatur play, and their record, I really thought they would come away with the win in this one. Congrats to a tough Kennedale team for a hard-fought win, and good luck in the playoffs.I picked the upset..