PDA

View Full Version : Geronimo Navarro vs Liberty Hill

LHHS_Mom
11-06-2011, 12:49 PM
Now this will be a very interesting matchup considering last year's first round playoff game... after that devastating 1 point loss I believe the LH Panthers have regrouped and will bring their A game!!

GO PANTHERS!!!... LH Panthers that is... :2thumbsup:D

wimbo_pro
11-06-2011, 01:03 PM
Now this will be a very interesting matchup considering last year's first round playoff game... after that devastating 1 point loss I believe the LH Panthers have regrouped and will bring their A game!!

GO PANTHERS!!!... LH Panthers that is... :2thumbsup:D

I would go watch this game for the sole purpose of witnessing what will certainly be an aerial exhibition of epic proportions.

Tejastrue
11-06-2011, 02:12 PM
I would go watch this game for the sole purpose of witnessing what will certainly be an aerial exhibition of epic proportions.

:spitlol::spitlol:

LHexPlayer
11-06-2011, 02:45 PM
Hopefully Navarro doesn't teach us how to run the slot-t, like last year. How does Navarro look on offense this year? Last year they reminded me of LH from the past. They hid the ball well and ran the slot-t misdirection like we used to. They even look like us. Maybe this year we will show them how you run the slot-t.

wimbo_pro
11-06-2011, 03:31 PM
Hopefully Navarro doesn't teach us how to run the slot-t, like last year. How does Navarro look on offense this year? Last year they reminded me of LH from the past. They hid the ball well and ran the slot-t misdirection like we used to. They even look like us. Maybe this year we will show them how you run the slot-t.
They are not as talented all the way round. Very beatable by a good defense and a clock eating offense

LHexPlayer
11-06-2011, 03:54 PM
Thanks Wimbo! Those are two things we have this year. Our defense is as good as we have ever had. Offense is 3 yards and a cloud of dust against teams with a good defense. We break some long runs against crappy defenses. We can't pass to save our lives unless we play our freshman back-up QB. He will be a good one for us next year when he becomes the starter.

wimbo_pro
11-06-2011, 04:18 PM
Thanks Wimbo! Those are two things we have this year. Our defense is as good as we have ever had. Offense is 3 yards and a cloud of dust against teams with a good defense. We break some long runs against crappy defenses. We can't pass to save our lives unless we play our freshman back-up QB. He will be a good one for us next year when he becomes the starter.

You sure about that defense comment? LH defense in 06 and 07 (and 08 to a degree) was state class quality. If anywhere near true, you will wipe Navarro off the field.

ol country boy
11-06-2011, 04:31 PM
should be a good game

bag-o-chips
11-06-2011, 05:24 PM
Nice to hear Wimbo dog a district bro in this fight!

wimbo_pro
11-06-2011, 05:35 PM
Nice to hear Wimbo dog a district bro in this fight!

LOLOL@Bag-o-Chips.....no offense intended. You just need to know that we have a LONG and bitter rivalry with LH, and would relish the chance at meeting them and evening the score, so to speak. No offense to Navarro at all...but the truth is, you are new to the neighborhood, and there is little "hatred" between us yet (give it time). There is tons of "hatred" between LH and Wimberley, so excuse us if we overlook you to get a chance to settle old scores.

*NOTE: "Hatred" is used in a respectful, Texas High School Football kinda way.

wimbo_pro
11-06-2011, 05:36 PM
But...you make a good point...if Navarro wins, I am fully behind them!!!

LHHS_Mom
11-06-2011, 08:03 PM
The LH Defense is pretty stout and improving their game each and every week.:)
It has been fun to watch the boys come together. :thumbsup:

I am already trying to figure out where some good eateries are in Bastrop.
:D

LHPfactory
11-06-2011, 08:19 PM

I dont know about that, the SR QB only passed twice against Burnet, on the first one the receiver slowed on the route that if he would have kept on pace would have been money and the second he made a nice pass/reception.

CHS_89
11-06-2011, 08:36 PM
I will take the Liberty Hill Panthers. Good luck everyone!

Ernest T Bass
11-06-2011, 08:39 PM
This game could be over by 9:00.

Sportshack
11-07-2011, 06:01 PM

Their RB Schleir is tough as a boot and can surprise. Otherwise, they are just quick to spots. Well disciplined but not terribly big or athletic outside of Schleir.

solocam
11-07-2011, 08:20 PM
Hmm ,really,as good as the state championship team that beat Gilmer?

AP2364
11-07-2011, 08:26 PM

Wow, I see someone that has a favorite instead of being objective. The freshman is very talented and credit is due there. The problem with the LH passing game lies with coaching. If you allow the receivers to be lazy in practice(facts from film), the senior can't rely on them in a game. The practice and game films also shows the broken/lazy routes, and drops.Another major problem with the coaching is when you call a pass play and how to get receivers open. Look at the films to see how many open receivers we have had and how many times the QB was on his back after he released the ball. The offense has been weak since Walker left and that won't change with a different QB. Sadly, the coaches are looking at putting a great talent at QB for the next 3 years when they average utilizing that talent with passing or running(combined) with the QB less than 10 times a game for the last 4 years. There have been at least 6 different QB's during that time frame, including the freshman that you speak of, and the coaches have not fixed the issues yet.

This years defense is certainly better than last years defense. They are not as good as our '07 team by a long shot. They gave up over 400 yards to Burnet on Friday even though they got the win. They will have to step up and hopefully the play calling won't kill the offense again. That aspect has certainly improved since Corn was injured and the coach was forced to spread it out better.

LHexPlayer
11-07-2011, 08:43 PM
Wow, I see someone that has a favorite instead of being objective. The freshman is very talented and credit is due there. The problem with the LH passing game lies with coaching. If you allow the receivers to be lazy in practice(facts from film), the senior can't rely on them in a game. The practice and game films also shows the broken/lazy routes, and drops.Another major problem with the coaching is when you call a pass play and how to get receivers open. Look at the films to see how many open receivers we have had and how many times the QB was on his back after he released the ball. The offense has been weak since Walker left and that won't change with a different QB. Sadly, the coaches are looking at putting a great talent at QB for the next 3 years when they average utilizing that talent with passing or running(combined) with the QB less than 10 times a game for the last 4 years. There have been at least 6 different QB's during that time frame, including the freshman that you speak of, and the coaches have not fixed the issues yet.

This years defense is certainly better than last years defense. They are not as good as our '07 team by a long shot. They gave up over 400 yards to Burnet on Friday even though they got the win. They will have to step up and hopefully the play calling won't kill the offense again. That aspect has certainly improved since Corn was injured and the coach was forced to spread it out better.

I do have a favorite. I would rather see the senior QB run the ball more instead of pass. The freshman throws a better pass in my opinion. I agree about the play calling. I'm not a fan of the offensive scheme we run. There is not much misdirection anymore and we do not hide the ball like we used to. Also calling roll out passes for the QB to the left side when he is right handed and it's also the short side of the field is not putting the senior QB in a good position to be successful. We did this against Lampasas and he threw a pick. It may have cost us the game. Although lots of things happen and that loss cannot be pinned to one play or call. I agree our defense is not as good as 07. I mainly said that to get people to come out of the woodwork and speak up about this team vs past teams. It seems to have worked. The defense is our strength and they keep us in every game. We still give up way too many yards passing.

AP2364
11-07-2011, 10:19 PM
I do have a favorite. I would rather see the senior QB run the ball more instead of pass. The freshman throws a better pass in my opinion. I agree about the play calling. I'm not a fan of the offensive scheme we run. There is not much misdirection anymore and we do not hide the ball like we used to. Also calling roll out passes for the QB to the left side when he is right handed and it's also the short side of the field is not putting the senior QB in a good position to be successful. We did this against Lampasas and he threw a pick. It may have cost us the game. Although lots of things happen and that loss cannot be pinned to one play or call. I agree our defense is not as good as 07. I mainly said that to get people to come out of the woodwork and speak up about this team vs past teams. It seems to have worked. The defense is our strength and they keep us in every game. We still give up way too many yards passing.

All good points. For some reason the offensive coaches refuse to make adjustments to plays that would work on a regular basis. The QB gets ignored on naked bootlegs more often than not. When they do call a keeper, the guards pull and there is no hole because the defenses chase the guards now. The best runs are when he tucks and runs on a bootleg pass. The freshman does throw a good ball. It will be exciting to see him play QB if the offensive play caller changes. If that doesn't change, I'll feel sorry for the kid because his talent will be wasted. If Walker was here this group of talent would be a competing with the offenses that he had before leaving for Rogers.

I_DONT_CARE
11-08-2011, 08:02 AM
:bigcry: :bigcry:

panfan
11-08-2011, 08:38 AM
All good points. For some reason the offensive coaches refuse to make adjustments to plays that would work on a regular basis. The QB gets ignored on naked bootlegs more often than not. When they do call a keeper, the guards pull and there is no hole because the defenses chase the guards now. The best runs are when he tucks and runs on a bootleg pass. The freshman does throw a good ball. It will be exciting to see him play QB if the offensive play caller changes. If that doesn't change, I'll feel sorry for the kid because his talent will be wasted. If Walker was here this group of talent would be a competing with the offenses that he had before leaving for Rogers.

The Fresh QB is faster, quicker, and runs the ball better than the senior. Nothing against the senior, but the Fresh QB is just a better overall athlete. If coaches will utilize him on runs plays he will create another dimension in the backfield to contend with. Right now, it is Corn/ferrell up the middle, Simpson off tackle or middle, and then whoever is their outise guy Johnson, around the end. How often has the QB been allowed to run the ball? Not often , at least in the games I've seen. There is a reason they moved him up now (fresh), he is that good. There is a reason, he is in line 2nd to the senior - because the kid is a senior.

panfan
11-08-2011, 08:50 AM
LH takes this one by a TD. Vance would have gone further last year if he had not taken the approach - "Here to win not tie". That same approach cost us against China Springs this year, and Navarro last year. I admire it, but it can also be the difference in going home and suiting up for basketball or playing the following week. Take it to OT coach, Can also get a W there as well.

greendawg84
11-08-2011, 09:15 AM
Give me The Hill by 1 !

Super_R
11-08-2011, 09:17 AM
Bash a coach somewhere else...talk down about a player somewhere else. Its classless.

panfan
11-08-2011, 09:22 AM
Bash a coach somewhere else...talk down about a player somewhere else. Its classless.

There was no coach or player bashing, Super whatever. There was no talking down about a player. It was a fair and honest opinion about two athletes. Happens on this board all the time. And as you may note, I said I admired Vance's "in it to win it approach", but sometimes it can be costly. GEEZ - who pissed in your wheaties this morning.

wimbo_pro
11-08-2011, 10:28 AM

I didnt see it as bashing anyone...just saying he (or she) questions the play calling, and sees some less than "all out" effort. But in the defense of the coaching staff...they have been to the dance and won the trophy (twice), I would trust them with this one.

panfan
11-08-2011, 10:46 AM
I didnt see it as bashing anyone...just saying he (or she) questions the play calling, and sees some less than "all out" effort. But in the defense of the coaching staff...they have been to the dance and won the trophy (twice), I would trust them with this one.

I was simply observing that going for a tie and into overtime allows for another chance to win, rather than win all right now or lose it all right now. I like Vance, but he is not in charge of the offense, he is the defensive guy. And as many have suggested on this board before, when Walker left, we entered a new era of how the offense is executed (i.e., different, not the same for some of you out there). We as a team, are getting ready to find out if that new era, is effective or not.

wimbo_pro
11-08-2011, 11:17 AM
I was simply observing that going for a tie and into overtime allows for another chance to win, rather than win all right now or lose it all right now.

It seems in HS, going for the win outright is by far the most common choice. Seen it over and over, never really understood it, but have come to accept it.

Super_R
11-08-2011, 11:42 AM
I feel better now.

Saying its wrong or right on weather to go for the win or tie is like arguing over the best tasting ice cream flavor. We all have our preference. Me...I'd go for the win.

Super_R
11-08-2011, 11:54 AM
Now on to the topic at hand.

LH vs. GN.

I like LH's chances this year better than last. The offense has become a more consistent maching...it has lessened the # of turnovers and virtually eliminated the costly penalities.

LH's defense is the key for this years success. I don't feel like doing the work...But, I'd be willing to be that the LH Defense has held all its opponents below their season average in ppg...with the exception of Burnet. (that game was over at halftime...and 14 of those points came against the reserves)

My concerns for this game is how our defense will handle the trickery that GN will throw at them...and they run play-action as good as anyone i've seen.

That being said, I feel the Panther D will hold GN down...takes them out of their comfort zone...and The Panther O will take control of the game.

LHHS_Mom
11-08-2011, 12:10 PM
Football... is just that... diverse... everyone's got opinions... that is what adds the WOW Factor to the season:)

due to being busy Monday... OMG it is Tuesday and getting closer to football time!!

GO LH PANTHERS!!!:cheerl:

Sportshack
11-08-2011, 01:49 PM
Now on to the topic at hand.

LH vs. GN.

I like LH's chances this year better than last. The offense has become a more consistent maching...it has lessened the # of turnovers and virtually eliminated the costly penalities.

LH's defense is the key for this years success. I don't feel like doing the work...But, I'd be willing to be that the LH Defense has held all its opponents below their season average in ppg...with the exception of Burnet. (that game was over at halftime...and 14 of those points came against the reserves)

My concerns for this game is how our defense will handle the trickery that GN will throw at them...and they run play-action as good as anyone i've seen.

That being said, I feel the Panther D will hold GN down...takes them out of their comfort zone...and The Panther O will take control of the game.

Navarro is not as good as last year. They threw the ball much better last year but that QB has moved on. They can still scrap and have a good RB. Very tough runner. If your team is as good or better than last year then I like LH in this game.

LH Panther Mom
11-08-2011, 02:14 PM
I feel better now.

Saying its wrong or right on weather to go for the win or tie is like arguing over the best tasting ice cream flavor. We all have our preference. Me...I'd go for the win.
Chocolate, duh!

It's kind of funny that in '06 it was a gutsy, brilliant move to take a chance on a kicker who had never attempted a FG. Now it's just dumb. ;)

LHPfactory
11-08-2011, 02:55 PM
The LH Defense is pretty stout and improving their game each and every week.:)
It has been fun to watch the boys come together. :thumbsup:

I am already trying to figure out where some good eateries are in Bastrop.
:D

The Road House makes a good hamburger, try the green chili fries, sounds wierd, but they are great.

LHHS_Mom
11-08-2011, 03:01 PM
The Road House makes a good hamburger, try the green chili fries, sounds wierd, but they are great.

Thank you for the tip! :)
I'll be going early for a leisure something before arriving at the stadium. Bring your yellin' voice LHP! :D

Super_R
11-08-2011, 03:15 PM
Chocolate, duh!

It's kind of funny that in '06 it was a gutsy, brilliant move to take a chance on a kicker who had never attempted a FG. Now it's just dumb. ;)

:iagree:

panfan
11-08-2011, 04:02 PM
Chocolate, duh!

I get where you are coming from Mom, was a gusty call. But the game was already tied at that point with something like a minute or less to play - had they missed, it was going to OT. Coaches made a bold move and it paid off, but there was a fall back position - OT

Correct me if I'm wrong, but against Navarro last year, game was not tied, and PAT would have tied it to take it into OT. Instead went for 2 and didn't make it. No fall back positon. Hindsight is 20/20, not saying right or wrong call. Coaches had confidence in O to make it, didn't pan out. So no, not dumb, but what is the fall back position? Here is a question to you and Super_R. LH and Navarro in same situation as last year, end of the game, LH can tie up the score with a PAT kick and send the game into OT and take another shot at it. Yes they get another shot too. What would you do?

Tx Challenge
11-08-2011, 04:09 PM
I get where you are coming from Mom, was a gusty call. But the game was already tied at that point with something like a minute or less to play - had they missed, it was going to OT. Coaches made a bold move and it paid off, but there was a fall back position - OT

Correct me if I'm wrong, but against Navarro last year, game was not tied, and PAT would have tied it to take it into OT. Instead went for 2 and didn't make it. No fall back positon. Hindsight is 20/20, not saying right or wrong call. Coaches had confidence in O to make it, didn't pan out. So no, not dumb, but what is the fall back position? Here is a question to you and Super_R. LH and Navarro in same situation as last year, end of the game, LH can tie up the score with a PAT kick and send the game into OT and take another shot at it. Yes they get another shot too. What would you do?

I think they answered and said they would go for the win. I agree with the call to go for the win last year. LH had a great kicker, but remember it was cold and rainy that night as well. My feelings are never play for a tie to force OT.

LH Panther Mom
11-08-2011, 04:33 PM

Oh, I completely understand your point and in some instances, I'd agree. And yes, hindsight being what it is & all... Unfortunately, there's no "do-overs".

In the seconds that a decision has to be made to go for the win or OT, given the same conditions, I'd go for it. There was wind. We had already missed one PAT. Wouldn't that attempt have been into the wind again? (For some reason, I seem to remember that we came out the second half on the same end of the field that we ended the first.) We had already been successful with one conversion. Except for 2-3 plays, Navarro did a great job of shutting our offense down, for the most part and we were only in the position to make that decision because of a great defensive play by Bishop. So, take a chance on one play from the 3, or 3 from the 20? Because if we don't make the first down in 3, then we have to decide to try for FG or chance it. :thinking: :thinking: I guess I'd have to go for it in regulation.

But no one pays me to make those decisions & it's probably a good thing. ;) It's just my humble opinion. That and a buck twenty-five or so will get you some coffee.

LHexPlayer
11-08-2011, 05:06 PM

Nobody is bashing a coach or a player. No names were said. We are allowed to have opinions and share them. After all that is what this forum is for. Back on topic. LH wins by 14.

panfan
11-08-2011, 05:58 PM
Oh, I completely understand your point and in some instances, I'd agree. And yes, hindsight being what it is & all... Unfortunately, there's no "do-overs".

In the seconds that a decision has to be made to go for the win or OT, given the same conditions, I'd go for it. There was wind. We had already missed one PAT. Wouldn't that attempt have been into the wind again? (For some reason, I seem to remember that we came out the second half on the same end of the field that we ended the first.) We had already been successful with one conversion. Except for 2-3 plays, Navarro did a great job of shutting our offense down, for the most part and we were only in the position to make that decision because of a great defensive play by Bishop. So, take a chance on one play from the 3, or 3 from the 20? Because if we don't make the first down in 3, then we have to decide to try for FG or chance it. :thinking: :thinking: I guess I'd have to go for it in regulation.

But no one pays me to make those decisions & it's probably a good thing. ;) It's just my humble opinion. That and a buck twenty-five or so will get you some coffee.

Coulda, shoulda, woulda - not a bad line of thinking though. GO LH.

Purple Rain
11-08-2011, 06:34 PM
kicking the PAT is still "going for the win", it's just taking a different route to get there. In the game against GN last season, I kick (higher conversion rate) the PAT and put my team in position to win in OT

LHexPlayer
11-08-2011, 06:45 PM
kicking the PAT is still "going for the win", it's just taking a different route to get there. In the game against GN last season, I kick (higher conversion rate) the PAT and put my team in position to win in OT

I'm with you. I kick it too. And now that we have blown it twice recently, I kick if it happens again. It's still playing to win. We always play to win. We cannot tie anymore, like the old days.

LHPfactory
11-08-2011, 08:21 PM
Dont think it will come down to that this year. LH will win by at least 2 TDs!

If I get off in time I may stop by the Road House as well, its a local joint in bastrop.

Purple Rain
11-08-2011, 10:53 PM
Dont think it will come down to that this year. LH will win by at least 2 TDs!...

I hope you are right about the 2+ TD margin but I see it being closer than that. Also hope to get to the Road House b4 the game to enjoy a burger and green chili fries!!!

LH Panther Mom
11-09-2011, 05:56 AM
Coulda, shoulda, woulda
Exactly! That was last year & it doesn't matter what any of us would have done.

This is this year. WHO YA ROOTIN' FOR?????

panfan
11-09-2011, 08:44 AM
exactly! That was last year & it doesn't matter what any of us would have done.

This is this year. who ya rootin' for?????

l h h s

Super_R
11-09-2011, 09:02 AM

Taking into considerations the way the game had played out the decision of Vance was exactly what I would have done.

Yes a pat would have tied it...but, we had already missed a extra point...and when we scored next we went for 2 and got it. We were coming off the biggest momentum change possible...a fumble recovery returned for a touchdown.

LHHS_Mom
11-09-2011, 09:24 AM
Peeks back in... O M G... I so LOVE this thread and it is WEDNESDAY!!

Friday's game is going to be AWESOME... it will already be cold... not fronts to worry about... just prime playoff football :D

LHP... I may end up getting some soup just to keep myself warm :)

LHPM... L H H S!!! and I have my yellin' voice back.. WOO WOO! :cheerl:

wimbo_pro
11-09-2011, 10:02 AM
Peeks back in... O M G... I so LOVE this thread and it is WEDNESDAY!!

Friday's game is going to be AWESOME... it will already be cold... not fronts to worry about... just prime playoff football :D

LHP... I may end up getting some soup just to keep myself warm :)

LHPM... L H H S!!! and I have my yellin' voice back.. WOO WOO! :cheerl:

Good to see LH fans back!! Now...go win this game (sorry Navarro...but I want a chance to smash LH's face in the mud!!!)LOLOL

LHHS_Mom
11-09-2011, 10:09 AM
Good to see LH fans back!! Now...go win this game (sorry Navarro...but I want a chance to smash LH's face in the mud!!!)LOLOL

One week at at time!!... :taunt:

panfan
11-09-2011, 10:18 AM
If we get that far, and the only thing in the mud will be a texan with a big ol' paw print on his back. For now, one game at a time.

wimbo_pro
11-09-2011, 10:19 AM
If we get that far, and the only thing in the mud will be a texan with a big ol' paw print on his back. For now, one game at a time.

say WHAAaaaAAAAaaAAATTTT???????

LHHS_Mom
11-09-2011, 10:23 AM
panfan... you will be at the game too right?
Bring your hollarin' voice... I have my sidekick in tow and she helps me project the chants

Be PROUD and Yell LOUD!! :D

panfan
11-09-2011, 10:55 AM
say WHAAaaaAAAAaaAAATTTT???????

Hey - you started it, but suggest we save it until it is necessary, then... Its ON!:taunt:

Purple Rain
11-09-2011, 10:56 AM

Don't you mean face in the turf? Not much mud to be found in playoff stadiums. Now, if LH makes it that far, I'm sure we would welcome the opportunity to play WHS on a natural surface, say Panther Stadium in LH???

panfan
11-09-2011, 11:25 AM
panfan... you will be at the game too right?
Bring your hollarin' voice... I have my sidekick in tow and she helps me project the chants

Be PROUD and Yell LOUD!! :D
Yup - assuming I get back from Idaho - getting ready to leave right now. My boy will be standing on the side lines, won't get to play, but hes just a fish, a big fish, but a fish none the less. We'll make all the games we can.

LHHS_Mom
11-09-2011, 11:41 AM
Yup - assuming I get back from Idaho - getting ready to leave right now. My boy will be standing on the side lines, won't get to play, but hes just a fish, a big fish, but a fish none the less. We'll make all the games we can.

it's preparing you for the road trips ahead... :2thumbsup
Fortunately I have Friday off... so I'll be heading to Bastrop early :D

LHHS_Mom
11-09-2011, 12:00 PM
Now this is some GOOD stuff!!

http://www.adjustedstats.com/ratings-stats/tools/txhsfbmatchup.php?team1=Geronimo+Navarro&site=%40&team2=Liberty+Hill

Bring on Friday!!!! :stirpot:

Purple Rain
11-09-2011, 12:12 PM
Now this is some GOOD stuff!!

http://www.adjustedstats.com/ratings-stats/tools/txhsfbmatchup.php?team1=Geronimo+Navarro&site=%40&team2=Liberty+Hill

Bring on Friday!!!! :stirpot:

Cool tool...thanks for sharing!

wimbo_pro
11-09-2011, 12:21 PM

Wouldnt it be a better name on here if it was "Purple Reign"?

Tejastrue
11-09-2011, 12:34 PM
Trying to stay as neutral as possible on this...that's why I'm going with the Panthers....:clap:....:D

LHHS_Mom
11-09-2011, 12:35 PM
Trying to stay as neutral as possible on this...that's why I'm going with the Panthers....:clap:....:D

That is way TOO neutral!! laughs:crazy:

LHHS_Mom
11-09-2011, 12:36 PM

It was fun to find... you're welcome!:)

Purple Rain
11-09-2011, 01:35 PM
Wouldnt it be a better name on here if it was "Purple Reign"?

Or better yet "Purple Pain"...you know, like the pain the purple delivered to your Texans in the 07 & 08 seasons!!!

wimbo_pro
11-09-2011, 01:40 PM
Or better yet "Purple Pain"...you know, like the pain the purple delivered to your Texans in the 07 & 08 seasons!!!

I prefer to think of the '04, '05 and '06 seasons, thank you very much. How about "Purple Shut up!"

LHHS_Mom
11-09-2011, 01:46 PM

oh ohh!! LOL :thumbsup: Purple Reign... Purple Pain... it's all gearin' up for some great football :D

wimbo_pro
11-09-2011, 02:22 PM
Checking out the Massey ratings (my favorite "guide" for the play offs), I found this:

LH (ranked #53 overall) and Navarro (#67 overall) seem relatively close in the stats. Both teams' "strength of schedules" are relatively equal, but LH's "strength of Defense" is almost twice as high as Navarro's (15.12 vs. 8.46). Navarro has a slight edge in "strength of offense" (33.26 vs. 31.38), but in "power rating" category, LH is stronger (46.49 vs. 41.72).

My conclusion? Both teams have had similar competition through out the year, but yet LH's defense has performed at a higher level. Seeing that both of their offenses seem to perform at about equal output levels, my vote (and the stats say, as I interpret them) LH should win this one by shutting down Navarro's offense, and then eating the clock with their offense.

Liberty Hill 28, Navarro 17

But I could be completely wrong! LOL!

LHHS_Mom
11-09-2011, 02:35 PM
Checking out the Massey ratings (my favorite "guide" for the play offs), I found this:

LH (ranked #53 overall) and Navarro (#67 overall) seem relatively close in the stats. Both teams' "strength of schedules" are relatively equal, but LH's "strength of Defense" is almost twice as high as Navarro's (15.12 vs. 8.46). Navarro has a slight edge in "strength of offense" (33.26 vs. 31.38), but in "power rating" category, LH is stronger (46.49 vs. 41.72).

My conclusion? Both teams have had similar competition through out the year, but yet LH's defense has performed at a higher level. Seeing that both of their offenses seem to perform at about equal output levels, my vote (and the stats say, as I interpret them) LH should win this one by shutting down Navarro's offense, and then eating the clock with their offense.

Now that is what I am talking about!! :cheerl::crazy:

Purple Rain
11-09-2011, 03:05 PM

Good stuff wimbo...thanks for sharing.

A well executed slot-t is a serious clock eater. Navarro schooled LH in how to run the slot-t last season so I am hoping for a better performance and outcome this year!!!

And if wimbo's score prediction is accurate, we won't have to argue about the decision to kick the PAT or go for 2!!!

Super_R
11-09-2011, 03:20 PM
Good stuff wimbo...thanks for sharing.

A well executed slot-t is a serious clock eater. Navarro schooled LH in how to run the slot-t last season so I am hoping for a better performance and outcome this year!!!

And if wimbo's score prediction is accurate, we won't have to argue about the decision to kick the PAT or go for 2!!!

Schooled? LH lost by 1. And I do believe LH had more yards of Offense in that game. They were very evenly matched. GN won that game because they made fewer mistakes.

This year I believe LH has better athletes on both sides of the ball...the Panther offense and defense is better this year than last.

This year

Purple Rain
11-09-2011, 03:46 PM
Schooled? LH lost by 1. And I do believe LH had more yards of Offense in that game. They were very evenly matched. GN won that game because they made fewer mistakes.

This year I believe LH has better athletes on both sides of the ball...the Panther offense and defense is better this year than last.

This year

Defense got LH to within 1, remember? And yes, GN looked MUCH better executing their offense. Agree that LH's D is stronger than last year but I think the O is comparable.

Tejastrue
11-09-2011, 03:56 PM

You did fail to mention that Navarro plays in a stronger district....:stirpot:

wimbo_pro
11-09-2011, 04:02 PM

Actually, I did mention it. Both schools "strength of schedule" are surprisingly similar.

LHHS_Mom
11-09-2011, 04:08 PM

wimbo did mention something about those strengths :taunt:

L H H S!!

LHPfactory
11-09-2011, 04:47 PM
Defense got LH to within 1, remember? And yes, GN looked MUCH better executing their offense. Agree that LH's D is stronger than last year but I think the O is comparable.

No the O has done something last years did not - Improve greatly as the season has gone on.

I strongly believe it will be a 2TD+ victory for LH.

Tejastrue
11-09-2011, 05:13 PM
Actually, I did mention it. Both schools "strength of schedule" are surprisingly similar.

My reference was for districts only and neither are as close as being led to think....what are you up to Wimbo...all this love for LH....:thinking:

LHdog
11-09-2011, 05:14 PM
The LH defense is measurably stronger than last year but not strong enough for a deep playoff run. The play calling has suffered since Coach Walker left and the attempts at a passing attack is anemic. A couple of years ago when Llano ran the Slot T, the Yellowjackets had a very effective passing game. If I were Vance, I would get hold of that old Llano playbook. LH should get by GN but it's out in the second round.

wimbo_pro
11-09-2011, 05:28 PM
My reference was for districts only and neither are as close as being led to think....what are you up to Wimbo...all this love for LH....:thinking:

LOL...no love, just looking at the stats and the ratings and making a guess.

panfan
11-09-2011, 06:58 PM
LOL...no love, just looking at the stats and the ratings and making a guess.

Wimbo, we are going to have to cite you for incitement. Flag you for excessive pregame taunting, and fine you for stirring a rivalry, yes long over due, but none the less stirring.
WHO YA ROOTIN' FOR????

panfan
11-09-2011, 07:06 PM

Hey purple people eater, any dude who can sing about a girl in nothing but a rasberry berre' (sp?) or Party likes its 1999 (and beleive me I did party in 1999) sell millions, have a cool looking (and lets not forget bada$$) girl on the back of his bike like Appelonia, then having a name that sounds like that is nothing to be anything but proud of. Only ones giving you crap anbout it are those that are jealous. Oh and because it sounds like LHHS is bringing it!! Cause when it Rains it pours baby.

panfan
11-09-2011, 07:12 PM
Hey someone from Navarro - tell me if there is a Marbach boy on the roster? If so, got a call an old HS buddy and give him some crap and meet up with him at the game. thx

wimbo_pro
11-09-2011, 07:13 PM
Wimbo, we are going to have to cite you for incitement. Flag you for excessive pregame taunting, and fine you for stirring a rivalry, yes long over due, but none the less stirring.
WHO YA ROOTIN' FOR????

Well, at least we got this board moving a bit, eh? LOL

panfan
11-09-2011, 07:16 PM
Hey Navarro - where ya'll at? We got Wimperly on here inciting violence, LHHS mom trying to keep the peace, some givin' grief to Purple , but no Navarro peeps?

panfan
11-09-2011, 07:22 PM
Well, at least we got this board moving a bit, eh? LOL
Its amazing how eloquent we get when board and after a couple of beers. Freakin' shaeskpeare sitting in an airport on a 3A HS football board. Man life's good.

wimbo_pro
11-09-2011, 08:28 PM
Its amazing how eloquent we get when board and after a couple of beers. Freakin' shaeskpeare sitting in an airport on a 3A HS football board. Man life's good.
How did you know I was at the airport??? LOL Actually, I have a flight to Detroit at 7am tomorrow....will be checking on you!!!

LHHS_Mom
11-09-2011, 08:52 PM

You can access this site on your phone...?... O M G... I need to upgrade ASAP!!:ack!::eek:

It is funny... went out to eat for dinner... and my sidekick was imitating the band's drumbeats from football games
WE ARE PUMPED UP!! :D

LHHS_Mom
11-09-2011, 09:01 PM
Hey Navarro - where ya'll at? We got Wimperly on here inciting violence, LHHS mom trying to keep the peace, some givin' grief to Purple , but no Navarro peeps?

LOL... I just read this... :thumbsup:
plus, I am trying to get my post count UP! :cheerl:

LH Panther Mom
11-09-2011, 09:25 PM
WHO YA ROOTIN' FOR????
Wimpy gets renamed "wimbo_panther" at this time of year. :stirpot:

wimbo_pro
11-09-2011, 09:46 PM
Wimpy gets renamed "wimbo_panther" at this time of year. :stirpot:

Only because I want at a shot at you guys again!! LOL

AP2364
11-09-2011, 10:20 PM
The LH defense is measurably stronger than last year but not strong enough for a deep playoff run. The play calling has suffered since Coach Walker left and the attempts at a passing attack is anemic. A couple of years ago when Llano ran the Slot T, the Yellowjackets had a very effective passing game. If I were Vance, I would get hold of that old Llano playbook. LH should get by GN but it's out in the second round.

This one is dead on. Devine should beat SH easier than LH beats GN. Then Devine should cruise through to face Wimberly. I expect to see Wimberly in the championship game this year. Maybe they won't choke it off like last year. :ack!:

wimbo_pro
11-09-2011, 10:22 PM
This one is dead on. Devine should beat SH easier than LH beats GN. Then Devine should cruise through to face Wimberly. I expect to see Wimberly in the championship game this year. Maybe they won't choke it off like last year. :ack!:

Hey now....

Tejastrue
11-09-2011, 10:26 PM

Won't it be fun...you know...sitting at home...watching us on TV again....:wave:

LHHS_Mom
11-09-2011, 10:49 PM
wimbo... it ended up being a brace... onward along that road to recovery
I'll be wearing his jersey... #44.. woo woo :2thumbsup:D

GO PANTHERS!!!

wimbo_pro
11-09-2011, 10:52 PM
wimbo... It ended up being a brace... Onward along that road to recovery
i'll be wearing his jersey... #44.. Woo woo :2thumbsup:d

go panthers!!!

excellent!!!!!

Tx Challenge
11-09-2011, 11:25 PM
excellent!!!!!

Wimpy, We go back a few. Are you going to be at the LH game? Wager. U show up wearing the LH shirt I gave you, I fly (short notice) (expensive)to bastrop from L.A. We win, You pay for my flight, show my cost and pay me cash on the spot. We lose, I pay u the cost, and will wear a Wimberley shirt (almost left out the r, thanks spell check) Got to know now or it wont happen....

Tx Challenge
11-10-2011, 01:52 AM

Wow, I love Coach Walker too. Guess what? He is gone. Your kid never played for him.. Maybe you should move to Rogers. or maybe Burnet with LHDawg. If you dont support LH, Maybe you should take your kid off the team. I have been thru thick and thin and you have no idea who I am...Good Luck LH Panthers!!!!!

LH Panther Mom
11-10-2011, 06:32 AM
Wow, I love Coach Walker too. Guess what? He is gone. ...Good Luck LH Panthers!!!!!
:inlove: :kiss:

Super_R
11-10-2011, 09:54 AM

I respect Walker tremendously...he is a hell of a coach and motivator. He knows his craft as good as anybody.
He is in his 5th year at Rogers...and has won as many state championships there as LH has won since he left...none. It takes more than a great coach to win...it takes players making plays.

Why would Vance need to get hold of that Llano playbook...He might as well hire you and fix all the problems.

Tx Challenge
11-10-2011, 10:29 AM
I respect Walker tremendously...he is a hell of a coach and motivator. He knows his craft as good as anybody.
He is in his 5th year at Rogers...and has won as many state championships there as LH has won since he left...none. It takes more than a great coach to win...it takes players making plays.

Why would Vance need to get hold of that Llano playbook...He might as well hire you and fix all the problems.

Got an idea SuperR. Maybe we should fire the coaches now and have AP2364 and LHdawg coach us to the title? Maybe if we play on a different day than Rogers, they can get their BFF Walker to help with the play calling.

LHHS_Mom
11-10-2011, 10:29 AM
One more... DAY!!! :D

Daddy D 11
11-10-2011, 10:47 AM
you're all gay

wimbo_pro
11-10-2011, 10:51 AM
you're all gay

And in walks the prom queen!! How you been, Daddy11???

Cam
11-10-2011, 10:57 AM
you're all gay

:eek::1popcorn:

Super_R
11-10-2011, 10:57 AM
you're all gay

Easy there Sandusky.

Super_R
11-10-2011, 11:00 AM
Got an idea SuperR. Maybe we should fire the coaches now and have AP2364 and LHdawg coach us to the title? Maybe if we play on a different day than Rogers, they can get their BFF Walker to help with the play calling.

That wouldn't be fair to the rest of the world.

Tx Challenge
11-10-2011, 11:05 AM
you're all gay

Hey D,

Guess you have been too busy to post lately. How has life been traveling with the Justin Bieber tour? Follow your dreams bro

Purple Rain
11-10-2011, 11:08 AM
LOL... I just read this... :thumbsup:
plus, I am trying to get my post count UP! :cheerl:

+1...I'm trying to get 100 posts so I will be "worthy" to vote in polls, etc. and I'm not ashamed to admit ignoring quality, substance and accuracy in my posts on the road to getting there.

Tx Challenge
11-10-2011, 11:17 AM
That wouldn't be fair to the rest of the world.

I want to see that Llano passing game installed. BTW been gone, how did they do this year?

holcomb2012
11-10-2011, 11:30 AM
I want to see that Llano passing game installed. BTW been gone, how did they do this year?

Llano? They did terrible. Only won one game

Purple Rain
11-10-2011, 11:33 AM
Hey someone from Navarro - tell me if there is a Marbach boy on the roster? If so, got a call an old HS buddy and give him some crap and meet up with him at the game. thx

panfan, checked MaxPreps and did not see anyone by that name on the GN roster

Super_R
11-10-2011, 11:49 AM

Same coaching staff there by the way...wonder what the difference was?

Tx Challenge
11-10-2011, 12:07 PM
Same coaching staff there by the way...wonder what the difference was?

Honestly figured it was a different staff. Guess they are working on the passing game since they got tired of schooling everyone on the slot t

LH_Tuff
11-10-2011, 12:08 PM
Howdy ya'll :wave:

LHHS_Mom
11-10-2011, 12:30 PM
+1...I'm trying to get 100 posts so I will be "worthy" to vote in polls, etc. and I'm not ashamed to admit ignoring quality, substance and accuracy in my posts on the road to getting there.

no voting until the post count is high...? when did that change? :eek::ack!:

LHHS_Mom
11-10-2011, 12:31 PM
Howdy ya'll :wave:

Hey hey :D

Purple Rain
11-10-2011, 01:37 PM
no voting until the post count is high...? when did that change? :eek::ack!:

You can find it on pg. 8 & 9 of the "Please list any problems found in this thread only" thread

LHHS_Mom
11-10-2011, 01:51 PM
You can find it on pg. 8 & 9 of the "Please list any problems found in this thread only" thread

I haven't been investigating enough... that explains it :eek:

Are you going to the game tomorrow night? :)

Purple Rain
11-10-2011, 02:22 PM
I haven't been investigating enough... that explains it :eek:

Are you going to the game tomorrow night? :)

I'll be there. Wouldn't want to miss seeing LH get a shot at redemption!!!

LHHS_Mom
11-10-2011, 04:31 PM
Purple Rain... awesome!!
It sounds like I am going to miss out on the Send Off for the boys tomorrow :ack!:
I'll be down in San Marcos and will leave for the game from there... :)

Purple Rain
11-10-2011, 04:46 PM
Purple Rain... awesome!!
It sounds like I am going to miss out on the Send Off for the boys tomorrow :ack!:
I'll be down in San Marcos and will leave for the game from there... :)

I won't make it to the send off either.

Have a safe trip and enjoy the game!

panfan
11-10-2011, 05:46 PM
alright - ya'll help me out here. how do I put in an avatar for my screen name. I messed around in the setup and can't find anything. Probably simple and I'm just missing it.

LHHS_Mom
11-10-2011, 06:03 PM
alright - ya'll help me out here. how do I put in an avatar for my screen name. I messed around in the setup and can't find anything. Probably simple and I'm just missing it.

I haven't discovered that part yet.. if I do I'll let you know!:D

Purple Rain
11-10-2011, 06:26 PM

I think I saw something on this in the "Please list any problems found in this thread only" thread. I believe a couple of people had to get a mod's help to enable that option

LH Panther Mom
11-10-2011, 07:30 PM
And in walks the prom queen!! How you been, Daddy11???
I literally spit food out of my mouth!!!!!!! :spitlol: :spitlol:

bag-o-chips
11-11-2011, 07:25 AM
Good luck to all the Panthers tonight!!! I will be rooting for the visiting Panthers tonight!!!

Purple Rain
11-11-2011, 09:08 AM
Good luck to all the Panthers tonight!!! I will be rooting for the visiting Panthers tonight!!!

Thanks for joining this thread. Tell us more about your team this year and their chances tonight

LHHS_Mom
11-11-2011, 09:19 AM
It is FRIDAY!!.. woo woo :cheerl:
this will be one of my last posts today since I'll be heading to San Marcos to visit my mom in the hospital then leave for the game

Travel safely EVERYONE... and Yell LOUD:2thumbsup

GO LH PANTHERS!!! :D

Tejastrue
11-11-2011, 10:22 AM

I know I said I'd be staying neutral but I just gotta pull for a fellow 26-3A. Many thought the Panthers would not be a factor this year after losing quite a few big time players from the 2010 Qtr finalist team. Still, you guys proved last year was no fluke ...Go Panthers.. uh... Navarro that is....:clap:

LHHS_Mom
11-12-2011, 12:19 AM
:thumbsup:Now that was an AWESOME game!!

LH Panther Mom
11-12-2011, 04:30 PM
Did anyone else see my baby's pancake block? I was having some flashbacks! :D

LHHS_Mom
11-12-2011, 04:44 PM
LHPM... yesss! We were rockin' the stadium the whole night too :cheerl:

LHP... nope didn't make it over to Road House... we stopped in at Chili's... it was perfect timing too because LH's cheer and drill teams arrived just before 5pm... it got crazy in there... :eek::D