PDA

View Full Version : Brownwood vs Bowie

bwdlionfan
11-06-2011, 11:42 AM
Anyone know anything on Bowie? What offense/defense do they run, what do they do well?

bwdlionfan
11-06-2011, 12:29 PM
I just saw Maxpreps has Brownwood playing Austin Bowie HS (6-4 5A team) instead of Bowie HS (6-4 3A team)... now I'm even more worried!!!

wimbo_pro
11-06-2011, 12:58 PM
I just saw Maxpreps has Brownwood playing Austin Bowie HS (6-4 5A team) instead of Bowie HS (6-4 3A team)... now I'm even more worried!!!

One short year ago, and Rocket would be saying "We'll smash them too!!"

bigwood33
11-06-2011, 01:45 PM
The QB is a big kid with a big arm but no mobility. They are 1 back gun and pretty balanced. When they throw, they tend to throw it down the field. On defense, they are even front (most of the time) with decent linebackers. When we played them, they didn't like getting "punched in the teeth". When we got physical with them, they backed up.

Bosqueville
11-07-2011, 09:57 AM
I'm still confused as to which Brownwood team will show up. According to Shipley, this team seems to be waiting for a leader to show up. You would think 10 games in to the season this wouldn't be an issue. Maybe he will show up in time for the playoffs! I'm still confident in a Bwd victory by 10!

hollywood
11-07-2011, 10:56 AM
I'm still confused as to which Brownwood team will show up. According to Shipley, this team seems to be waiting for a leader to show up. You would think 10 games in to the season this wouldn't be an issue. Maybe he will show up in time for the playoffs! I'm still confident in a Bwd victory by 10!

:iagree:

LionFan72
11-07-2011, 11:10 AM

Reloading year, kids are just trying to find themselves, injuries, lot of individual things going down for these kids, and they just don't see the big picture! Definitely not playing as a unit, Coach Shipley has had his skills tested this year. Feel for the kids and Coach, just need to put it all together, there is talent there, just work as team!

Bosqueville
11-07-2011, 11:28 AM
Reloading year, kids are just trying to find themselves, injuries, lot of individual things going down for these kids, and they just don't see the big picture! Definitely not playing as a unit, Coach Shipley has had his skills tested this year. Feel for the kids and Coach, just need to put it all together, there is talent there, just work as team!

Reading the articles in the Bwd paper, it seems coach's patience are being tested that's for sure!

garciap77
11-07-2011, 12:44 PM
Brownwood by 14!

wimbo_pro
11-07-2011, 12:51 PM
brownwood by 14!

shut up garcia!!!!!

garciap77
11-07-2011, 12:53 PM
http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/shutup-1-1.jpg

95mustang
11-07-2011, 01:01 PM

Everytime they seem to get going something happens that knocks them off track. Injuries have killed us this year. Losing Crow for the season, having a freshman playing center, multiple underclassmen playing the other oline positions, and our only senior lineman left went down last week early in the second half is only a few a the problems these kids have seen this year. Hopefully we can put a run together and get going.

garciap77
11-07-2011, 01:15 PM
Anyone know anything on Bowie? What offense/defense do they run, what do they do well?

Bowie's Games

08/267:30 PM9:30 PM Fort Worth Christian (North Richland Hills, TX)
Preview Game Box Score
33 - 13
Loss
09/027:30 PM9:30 PM @ Childress (Childress, TX)
Preview Game Box Score
12 - 7
Loss
09/097:30 PM9:30 PM Jacksboro (Jacksboro, TX)
Preview Game Box Score
35 - 6
Win
09/167:30 PM9:30 PM @ Breckenridge (Breckenridge, TX)
Details: Breckenridge Buckaroo Stadium
Preview Game Box Score
35 - 28
Win
09/237:30 PM9:30 PM @ Whitesboro (Whitesboro, TX)
Preview Game Box Score
33 - 6
Loss
10/077:30 PM9:30 PM Graham (Graham, TX) *
Preview Game Box Score
9 - 7
Win
10/147:30 PM9:30 PM Vernon (Vernon, TX) *
Preview Game Box Score
21 - 0
Win
10/217:30 PM9:30 PM @ Hirschi (Wichita Falls, TX) *
Preview Game Box Score
43 - 12
Win
10/287:30 PM9:30 PM Iowa Park (Iowa Park, TX) *
Preview Game Box Score
35 - 14
Win
11/047:30 PM9:30 PM @ Burkburnett (Burkburnett, TX) *
Preview Game Box Score
48 - 35
Loss

Tin Cup
11-07-2011, 02:24 PM
If you haven't found yourself by week 10, you never will. If it walks like, talks like and acts like a duck....

OldNavy
11-07-2011, 03:36 PM
Is this serious? Brownwood with 877 kids is worried about a 6 and 4 Bowie with 432 kids? Really? What am I missing?

Old LB
11-07-2011, 03:50 PM
Is this serious? Brownwood with 877 kids is worried about a 6 and 4 Bowie with 432 kids? Really? What am I missing?

Just been a rollercoaster year from a fan perspective, I have faith we can step it up but not sure everyone feels the same way.

BEAST
11-07-2011, 04:48 PM
Just been a rollercoaster year from a fan perspective, I have faith we can step it up but not sure everyone feels the same way.

That coupled with the injury bug makes for an odd year. We all knew we were going to be reloading. But it gets hard to do when every time you get something going, you lose a kid to injury. No excuses, just an answer to what is going on.

BEAST

LionFan72
11-08-2011, 02:09 AM
Worry, NO! Lack of consistancy, Yes! We just have not put together a start to finish effort this year due to many factors. These kids have given their efforts, but lacked the team concept. Seems that 1 player every play has taken the play off, and let down his teammates. A new seaon starts Thursday, and I think we will be victorious! Go Lions!

OldNavy
11-11-2011, 07:20 AM
Worry, NO! Lack of consistancy, Yes! We just have not put together a start to finish effort this year due to many factors. These kids have given their efforts, but lacked the team concept. Seems that 1 player every play has taken the play off, and let down his teammates. A new seaon starts Thursday, and I think we will be victorious! Go Lions!
Feeling better now? :)

LionFan72
11-11-2011, 07:46 AM
Feeling better now? :)

I never felt bad to begin with, just a little disappointed in the team effort shown this year. Bowie was not a good team to measure success by any means of imagination. The 2011 Lions have their own identity, and their efforts are very much appreciated, but the truth is, we are rebuilding and it shows. No sense in sugar coating it, all is not well this year, but Brownwood will not roll over for anyone.

slingshot
11-11-2011, 09:12 AM
...Brownwood will not roll over for anyone.Chuckle. Driving home last week from the Wylie/Brownwood game listening to Coach Shipley being interviewed by Dallas Houston, I nearly spit my Dr Pepper all over the dash when I heard "...they (Wylie) just came out in the second half and put it on our butts and we just rolled over and took it".

LionFan72
11-11-2011, 10:07 AM
Chuckle. Driving home last week from the Wylie/Brownwood game listening to Coach Shipley being interviewed by Dallas Houston, I nearly spit my Dr Pepper all over the dash when I heard "...they (Wylie) just came out in the second half and put it on our butts and we just rolled over and took it".

Sorry dude, I listened to the same show, and I don't remember those words coming from Coach's mouth! He, as well as we, were disappointed with the Lion showing in the second half. Kudos to Wylie coming to life and winning, Brownwood did not execute due to whatever their personal reasons may be, but NO, they did not roll over!

ccmom
11-11-2011, 11:23 AM
Sorry dude, I listened to the same show, and I don't remember those words coming from Coach's mouth! He, as well as we, were disappointed with the Lion showing in the second half. Kudos to Wylie coming to life and winning, Brownwood did not execute due to whatever their personal reasons may be, but NO, they did not roll over!

Well his comments in the paper were pretty similar. Just saying...