PDA

View Full Version : Liberty Hill and lack of chatter

wimbo_pro
11-06-2011, 11:40 AM
Whats up with you guys? You're in the play offs, and we haven't heard much at all about your chances or your thoughts about this upcoming game. In fact, you've all been pretty quiet all season! Speak up!!!

LHHS_Mom
11-06-2011, 12:51 PM
wimbo... I have tried to do my part..:D
It's the weekend... and a chance for me to relax a bit from continual drives way down south of Austin... and keeping my son's injury in check

But I have to say... this matchup considering last year's playoff game is going to be a GOOD one... the LH Panthers have the drive to be the winner in this one... :thumbsup:

wimbo_pro
11-06-2011, 12:57 PM
wimbo... I have tried to do my part..:D
It's the weekend... and a chance for me to relax a bit from continual drives way down south of Austin... and keeping my son's injury in check

But I have to say... this matchup considering last year's playoff game is going to be a GOOD one... the LH Panthers have the drive to be the winner in this one... :thumbsup:

Yes you have, LHHS Mom! What injury? I hope its not serious???

Tell me how has LH been in district? Are they showing signs of peaking, or struggling? As you know from being there, it's all about momentum at the right time.

LHHS_Mom
11-06-2011, 01:05 PM
Yes you have, LHHS Mom! What injury? I hope its not serious???

Tell me how has LH been in district? Are they showing signs of peaking, or struggling? As you know from being there, it's all about momentum at the right time.

The team has definately come together at the right time. :D
LH lost two pre-district games and the only district loss came in a CLOSE game with Lampasas.

The injury... UGH when I think of the location... he suffered an injury just prior to the first district game... and has been out since... considering the most recent information from the doctors... it will be another 6 to 8 weeks... THEN I'll get him back up and running.. :)

LHexPlayer
11-06-2011, 02:41 PM
We have been spoiled by success. I think some people have grown tired with the way things have been going. Especially on offense. It just isn't the same as it was up until 2007. There is a lot of negative comments in the stands about play calling and coaching decisions. Most may not want to admit it but it's true. We are in the playoffs and hopefully we get on a run and make this thing interesting. I think we make it two rounds and then we are out. I haven't seen the bracket yet but I personally don't feel we will make a really deep run this year. Hope I'm wrong.

warhorsejoe
11-06-2011, 02:50 PM
I would like to see my Warhorses play y'all but first thing first. We have to take care of business with Sam Houston. So maybe y'all wont go two rounds, maybe just one. We'll see.

LHexPlayer
11-06-2011, 02:53 PM
By two rounds I mean only win the first round. I don't see us making it to round 3.

wimbo_pro
11-06-2011, 03:26 PM
By two rounds I mean only win the first round. I don't see us making it to round 3.
Hopefully you are wrong in your assessment and we get a chance to meet again!

LH Panther Mom
11-06-2011, 04:57 PM
There is a lot of negative comments in the stands about play calling and coaching decisions. Most may not want to admit it but it's true.
What's to admit? That there's a lot of negative comments in the stands? LOL! Like that just started...

I was visiting with some good friends during a time out Friday night. Their sons have been graduated for several years - the oldest in 2004 & youngest in 2006. We were talking about how much he (husband) has calmed down over the years. I don't remember a game for several years that I didn't hear "Hit the son of a b****!" and "Come on Walker!" at least a couple of times each week.

I have had the opportunity over the years, to sit by some of the people that sit around you, so I know a lot of what you hear over and over and over again. The ironic thing in some of that is that there's a whole lot more that happens with the teams each year to determine what they "become" and has very little, if anything, to do with the B&M. There's much I could say, but a lot would be BB material. I will mention that in 2009, there was some media reporting that helped "mold" the team mentality, or at least some of the members.

How is success measured? Is it only a W/L record? Is it only winning State championships, long playoff runs, or even District championships? Is it the final score? Is it winning/losing with character or winning/losing with a bunch of characters? Is it teaching a group of hormonal teenage boys how to be accountable for their actions and to be held personally responsible for them? Is it teaching that group of young men how to depend on each other, and to be dependable?

To quote someone who has helped influence the type of men that my boys have become, "You dance with the one that brung ya".

LH Panther Mom
11-06-2011, 05:15 PM
Whats up with you guys? You're in the play offs, and we haven't heard much at all about your chances or your thoughts about this upcoming game. In fact, you've all been pretty quiet all season! Speak up!!!
Dude! (Wait...you are a dude, aren't you? :p )

To say that I've been a tad busy this year would be an understatement. But, if I opened my keyboard & bragged, would you think I was biased? I know my middle son does. Or at least he did, until he got to finally see a game. :thinking: Maybe it was the fact that he'd had surgery earlier in the day & had a leg full of pain killers, though. ;)

My thoughts? We're ready! But it's kinda pointless to talk a bunch of smack amongst ourselves. We need the Navarro dude to come play! :devil:

bag-o-chips
11-06-2011, 05:22 PM
I know one thing the purple and gold Panthers will win!!

These two years since moving to 3a has been a great ride and have exceeded most expectations any of our fans had!

Navarro will show up but why talk smack? It can come back to haunt you. LH has our respect and Navarro will look forward to another great game! Good Luck to all and see ya'll in Bastrop!!

wimbo_pro
11-06-2011, 05:22 PM
Dude! (Wait...you are a dude, aren't you? :p )

To say that I've been a tad busy this year would be an understatement. But, if I opened my keyboard & bragged, would you think I was biased? I know my middle son does. Or at least he did, until he got to finally see a game. :thinking: Maybe it was the fact that he'd had surgery earlier in the day & had a leg full of pain killers, though. ;)

My thoughts? We're ready! But it's kinda pointless to talk a bunch of smack amongst ourselves. We need the Navarro dude to come play! :devil:

LOL...yes, full Dude here! So glad to see you post....and hope you and your "tribe" are doing well. I know you've been busy, we talked earlier this season. But...with that said....lets get this board rocking! I feel confident you will beat Navarro and move forward. Let's liven this place up!!! And by the way...you ARE biased...so here is an advanced notice...SHUT UP LHPM!!!!

P.S. How's your son in college doing?

LH Panther Mom
11-06-2011, 05:58 PM
LOL...yes, full Dude here! So glad to see you post....and hope you and your "tribe" are doing well. I know you've been busy, we talked earlier this season. But...with that said....lets get this board rocking! I feel confident you will beat Navarro and move forward. Let's liven this place up!!! And by the way...you ARE biased...so here is an advanced notice...SHUT UP LHPM!!!!

P.S. How's your son in college doing?
LOL! Yes, I'm biased, but I try (most of the time) to be objective. Of course, when I would brag on him, I knew what I was talking about. But, when it's little brother I'm bragging on, it's because "I'm his mom...I'm supposed to say that". :D :doh: He believes me now. (And sometimes I don't know when to shut up lol, so thanks!)

College one is doing as well as can be expected. He started rehab with the trainer the Tuesday after his Friday surgergy. He doesn't care, at all, for standing on the sidelines, just hanging out with the other hurt guys, but he's doing what he needs to in order to get back ASAP. On the plus side, his grades are quite good now, so in a couple of years, he'll be on the sidelines in another capacity...and with a Masters to boot.

LH Panther Mom
11-06-2011, 06:00 PM
Navarro will show up but why talk smack?
Just kidding! It's good to see you & I'm looking forward to Friday.

Unfortunately, somehow "Panthers Rule! Panthers Drool" just seems to loose something. ;)

LHPfactory
11-06-2011, 07:48 PM
I would like to see my Warhorses play y'all but first thing first. We have to take care of business with Sam Houston. So maybe y'all wont go two rounds, maybe just one. We'll see.

So would I, It would be great for them to go that deep, be careful though. This group Seems to just about have the formula worked out, they seem to be peaking, but the playoffs will tell the truth. I was looking at the people who have beat LH and the ones LH has beat this year. Its hard to say, we will know more this friday. This group seems to be on the verge of being a dang good football team. They have improved by bounds from week 0,

I know Devine is undefeated entering the playoffs, and you know LH has neeeever clowned undefeated teams in the play offs, especially when they have lost 2 or 3 games in the regular season..... :wave:

Isnt Devine in south texas/valley region, you know there is a conversion factor for records down there: 1/2 X (number of wins in south texas/valley region) = wins in the rest of the state..... :stirpot:

Sorry, I had to talk a little smack while I can........

eagles_victory
11-06-2011, 07:57 PM
I would say once your a state title contender and drop back to a good team but not really that than it is kind of hard to have the same level of interest. I am a big Cowboys fan and I watch every game regardless, but when they are 8-0 Im going to be more excited than 4-4 it is just human nature. Not to mention major interest in teams comes and goes on here and LH's has just kind of gone down a little bit. Burnet use to be huge back in the day now you hardly hear anything. LH fan support has just digressed a bit.

lbjacj
11-06-2011, 07:59 PM
Isnt Devine in south texas/valley region, you know there is a conversion factor for records down there: 1/2 X (number of wins in south texas/valley region) = wins in the rest of the state..... :stirpot:

Sorry, I had to talk a little smack while I can........

No they are not in the valley.They are just outside san antonio on I-35 south about 30 miles.

LHPfactory
11-06-2011, 08:12 PM
No they are not in the valley.They are just outside san antonio on I-35 south about 30 miles.

Close enough :stirpot: