PDA

View Full Version : Burnet

LHPfactory
11-05-2011, 11:38 PM
I read it somewhere earlier on the game post that the line hasnt been blocking for Burnet including a list of other issues. I didnt see that friday night. I saw a team that was decimated by a tuff season, but never gave up, and that was every player. I think there were only about 18 players for Burnet if im correct. The linemen the backs, and the receivers who were getting smashed, they still got up and took it again, but never slowed down. Everyone of the Burnet players gave it their all and never quit, despite being down 65-19 early in the 4th quarter.

I must say that I felt sorry for the kids (love beating Burnet but cant loose cite of the hard work all the kids playing put in), but also have respect for them for going all out the entire game. I was waiting for them to wear down and fold because of the low number of players, but they didnt, those boys played till the buzzer at the end of the 4th quarter.... I have to say even though their season didnt go well, those young men left it on the field this past friday night.

Old Dog
11-06-2011, 12:28 AM
Thanks for the upbeat comments. Not having anyone involved in the program, I don't know the story of what is happening at Burnet High. Wonderful to hear the positive remarks LHPfactory! Wish coach could get more kids involved. I hear talk of talented kids that won't try out............. I really enjoyed watching the running game when it was clicking. The Belmarez (sp) youngster was sure fun to watch. And, I liked having his Dad on here giving us a little inside info.

LHHS_Mom
11-06-2011, 12:54 PM
LHP... I completely agree with what you said... the Burnet team gave their 110% from beginning of the game until the last sound of the buzzer... That is what having the Heart of football is all about... Kudos to the boys, their parents that the strong support system they have:clap::)

LHexPlayer
11-06-2011, 02:35 PM
Burnet's offense was pretty good. The Qb was not bad at all and the #25 and #6 were very quick. Their line wasn't bad either. But they had no defense at all. I couldn't help but wonder why not play #25 on defense. I understand that the plan may not have called for that at the beginning of the season but when you are decimated by injuries and what not, I feel like you have to play all of your best players. Even if that means they play both ways. What a crazy season that had to be for Burnet. I hope everyone gets healthy and those that are coming back don't give up. Good luck to those that graduate this year.

BLEEDZGREEN
11-07-2011, 09:19 AM
Thanks LHPfactory. Yeah there were 18 players, 17 left after halftime. The blocking was not good maybe in spurts but when you look back at the film you see blown assignments all night long, false starts, and other numerous calls. The line was patched together to finish the season, we lost our best LT#72 to grades he was nasty on both sides of the ball, my son loved running behind him. We lost another good line man to a career ending injury in the Salado game and the list goes on & on. The line never got to gell with so many kids getting injured but the boys that finished the season did the best they could. Defense was terrible this year they would get down in the 1st half but would sometimes make it up in the 2nd half, just never could stop the run. To many injuries on that side of the ball also, the youngsters on the team didn't know how to finish tackles & some of the seniors also. I believe jealousy towards my son from some key players on the team also had a lot to do with Burnet's downfall even with the mounting injuries.
Cam told me before we moved here when Shipley was coach there were @ least 50 kids on varsity, that's a big drop off from only 28-30 kids. Burnet has some good talent coming up but if kids keep quitting the program they are going to have to move the whole freshman squad up. Burnet may be down for a couple of years starting with this year's team, next year I don't see them doing much. There are some good coaches at Burnet so I don't know what to make of all the quitting.
Offense was descent at best, our QB struggled the 1st few games but finally started coming around and then he got hurt on possibly the game winning drive vs Lampasas after that it really went downhill fast! The QB y'all saw last Friday night did not do well either, he missed almost all of 7 on 7 playing baseball so he never got time to gell with the receivers or work on his throwing. The sophmore #18 is a better QB but he had to play safety because of the shortage of players. My son #25 plays LB sometimes safety but I'm not sure why he didn't play defense against LH.
All the boys played hard Friday night for Burnet pride & for the exiting seniors.

Cam
11-07-2011, 12:22 PM
Heard from a varsity player Friday that HC is retiring. (a rumor that's been going around for awhile). If true, will be interesting to see what happens...

Purple Rain
11-07-2011, 01:03 PM
I read it somewhere earlier on the game post that the line hasnt been blocking for Burnet including a list of other issues. I didnt see that friday night. I saw a team that was decimated by a tuff season, but never gave up, and that was every player. I think there were only about 18 players for Burnet if im correct. The linemen the backs, and the receivers who were getting smashed, they still got up and took it again, but never slowed down. Everyone of the Burnet players gave it their all and never quit, despite being down 65-19 early in the 4th quarter.

I couldn't agree more with this post. Teams of less character would have folded like a cheap wallet but Burnet just kept coming and showed a lot of heart in the process

greendawg84
11-07-2011, 01:54 PM
Heard from a varsity player Friday that HC is retiring. (a rumor that's been going around for awhile). If true, will be interesting to see what happens...

Heard the same before the year started.

LHP , I agree and good luck to the Purple Things !

greendawg84
11-07-2011, 08:47 PM
Heard the same before the year started.

LHP , I agree and good luck to the Purple Things !
Cam , Bleedz , Walker retired today dont know who is in the running yet.

Tx Challenge
11-07-2011, 08:55 PM

Do you think Burnet will look outside for a coach? Great program, don't let a rough year get you down! Best of luck guys!

BLEEDZGREEN
11-07-2011, 08:57 PM

Yeah my son just came in and told me a few minutes ago. Going to interesting....

BLEEDZGREEN
11-07-2011, 10:15 PM
Do you think Burnet will look outside for a coach? Great program, don't let a rough year get you down! Best of luck guys!

This is just purely a guess but I think it will be a hire from within the current coaching staff.

Tx Challenge
11-07-2011, 10:42 PM
nothing against the current coaches. IMO, Burnet is high profile and should look for the best avail. Lots of good coaches looking to upgrade. Maybe better than inside.

greendawg84
11-08-2011, 08:20 AM
nothing against the current coaches. IMO, Burnet is high profile and should look for the best avail. Lots of good coaches looking to upgrade. Maybe better than inside.

I agree but have also heard it will be from within , just hope whoever gets it gets the program back on track and to the level where it used to be. We have some good numbers on Freshman and middle school so that
might invite some good coaches to apply.

Cam
11-08-2011, 10:36 AM
Just wonderin', with superintendent Hanks movin' on to Weatherford, how does that impact decisions on coaches...if at all?????

msu97
11-08-2011, 11:04 AM
none at all

panfan
11-08-2011, 11:13 AM
Just wonderin', with superintendent Hanks movin' on to Weatherford, how does that impact decisions on coaches...if at all?????

CAM - what will affect Burnet's search for a coach if they choose to go outside, will be $$$$. Its odd that Burnet is going outside for a Super even though as I hear, they have some very talented and qualified folks internal to the district. I hope the best for the Burnet program and the district.

LHPfactory
11-08-2011, 11:18 AM

I agree, I think its best to head hunt in most situations. Once in a while, like with Celina when Ford took over the program it is a good thing to promote from with in, however, most of the time its not.

If Walker was still in LH I would be all for him taking over as HC when Vance (A great coach) retires. But in our current situation, LH most certainly needs to head hunt for the best when Vance retires. Not meant to discredit some of the good coaches we currently have though.

Cam
11-08-2011, 12:26 PM
CAM - what will affect Burnet's search for a coach if they choose to go outside, will be $$$$. Its odd that Burnet is going outside for a Super even though as I hear, they have some very talented and qualified folks internal to the district. I hope the best for the Burnet program and the district.

Don't know about the Super candidates...I hope for the best for Burnet too!...Especially since I've got one more boy coming up the ranks...