PDA

View Full Version : Giddings vs Bellville

Bull's-eye
11-05-2011, 10:13 PM
Friday Night 7:30 pm @ A&M Consolidated

Giddings (7-3) D23-II-R vs Bellville (9-1) D24-II-W

The last time these 2 teams met in the playoffs, it was for the R4-DII championship. The year was 2008 and the Buffs won a double OT thriller 21-20.

Bellville (9-1)

26-Aug Caldwell W 63-14
02-Sep @Lockhart W 21-6
09-Sep Cuero W 21-13
16-Sep @Sweeny W 29-6
23-Sep @Needville W 52-0
30-Sep La Grange W 48-3
07-Oct Columbus* W 42-0
21-Oct @Sealy* L 18-13
28-Oct Royal* W 35-8
04-Nov @Stafford* W 44-13

Giddings (7-3)

02-Sep @Royal W 45-3
09-Sep La Vernia W 45-7
16-Sep Elgin L 30-29
24-Sep W Orange-Stark W 14-6
07-Oct @La Grange* W 38-35
14-Oct Caldwell* W 42-6
21-Oct @Smithville* L 24-21
28-Oct @Rockdale* W 28-3
04-Nov Navasota* L 27-16

HEMOTOXIC
11-05-2011, 10:24 PM
This game will be close! IMO, Bellville plays better defense, but Giddings' offense can move the ball. I will give my prediction later in the week.

Good luck to both teams!

Bull's-eye
11-05-2011, 10:35 PM
Giddings defeated Burnet 35-19 in their first game.

1st and goal
11-05-2011, 11:55 PM
Giddings defeated Burnet 35-19 in their first game.

I'm trying to read between the lines on this comment. Could you please be a bit more clearer?

Manso/V8
11-05-2011, 11:58 PM
This game will be close! IMO, Bellville plays better defense, but Giddings' offense can move the ball. I will give my prediction later in the week.

Good luck to both teams!

Are you still formulating your prediction, or are you just keeping us in suspense!?!

HEMOTOXIC
11-06-2011, 12:28 AM
I'm trying to read between the lines on this comment. Could you please be a bit more clearer?

He forgot to post that in his initial post when he posted all the scores....

HEMOTOXIC
11-06-2011, 12:29 AM
Are you still formulating your prediction, or are you just keeping us in suspense!?!

No sir... I have always liked Bellville. The tradition, fans, etc... I am still not sure who to go with... Not, that it matters, lol.

MJMbrahmas10
11-06-2011, 12:30 AM
Great rivalry but a new era for both teams
What does giddiness run on both sides of the ball?

HEMOTOXIC
11-06-2011, 12:33 AM
Great rivalry but a new era for both teams
What does giddiness run on both sides of the ball?

On offense, I saw, sweep, sweep, sweep, screens to the RB, screens to the TE, screens to the RB, and alot of misdirectional runs..

Defense, they are good against the run... Bellville will have to pass the ball IMO to win.

MJMbrahmas10
11-06-2011, 12:54 AM
Thanks, should be typical great bulls buffs matchup

Pudlugger
11-06-2011, 06:48 AM
Thanks, should be typical great bulls buffs matchup

Bellville matches up very well with Giddings with their speed and defense against the run. I don't think this will be a close game. Bellville by 21.

1st and goal
11-06-2011, 07:18 AM
Been a history of slobberknocker nailbiters between these 2 teams. I think it could end up being a defensive low scoring battle. Mistakes and turnovers will decide it.

duckhunter
11-06-2011, 07:43 AM
Been a history of slobberknocker nailbiters between these 2 teams. I think it could end up being a defensive low scoring battle. Mistakes and turnovers will decide it.

:iagree::iagree:

Bull's-eye
11-06-2011, 10:03 AM

Sorry, I accidently left that game out on the first post with all their other scores. :)

tiger pride
11-06-2011, 11:09 AM
Bellville 27
Giddings 20

Bull's-eye
11-06-2011, 12:10 PM
Defense, they are good against the run... Bellville will have to pass the ball IMO to win.

As of late, Bellville has not had a good passing game. Pass blocking was terrible against Brookshire. IMO, the Brahmas may need to pass early on downs to loosen up a defense committed to stopping the run. Bellville loves the home run ball, but a intermediate passing game could be more effective.

1st and goal
11-07-2011, 08:32 AM
Will this game be on the internet? By a freak occurence at work, for the 1st time in 3 years I have to work 2nd shift...bah humbug

HEMOTOXIC
11-07-2011, 09:02 AM
Giddings is not the Giddings of old but they have a really good team. From what I saw from the Buffs, I am not sure how they loss to Smithville. With that said, I believe that the lack of a Bellville passing game will be the difference. If Giddings can keep the Brahma rushing attack in check, I believe that they can, the Buffs will win this game.

Giddings 20-14

OLE'BULL
11-07-2011, 10:03 AM
Wish I knew more about Giddings. Hopefully the Bulls are amped up for the playoffs since they have been absent the last couple of years. Anyone know who they moved up? A few freshman? And all of the JV? I know thats what they used to do, but does Rowe do it differently?

The Bull #40
11-07-2011, 10:25 AM
So glad this game is in College Station. That being said I think this is going to be a close game, both teams are having good seasons and look pretty strong overall. Don't know much about Giddings this year but I'm sure they're well-coached, is Fitzhenry still there and if so is the younger Fitzhenry playing QB? Also, the Bellville-Giddings games are always exciting because of the tradition and competitive nature of the two teams. I'll have to think about this tradition as I try to get more info on the Buffs.

"Clear eyes, full hearts, can't lose."

HEMOTOXIC
11-07-2011, 10:28 AM
So glad this game is in College Station. That being said I think this is going to be a close game, both teams are having good seasons and look pretty strong overall. Don't know much about Giddings this year but I'm sure they're well-coached, is Fitzhenry still there and if so is the younger Fitzhenry playing QB? Also, the Bellville-Giddings games are always exciting because of the tradition and competitive nature of the two teams. I'll have to think about this tradition as I try to get more info on the Buffs.

No, Fitzhenry is no longer at Giddings.

Bull's-eye
11-07-2011, 11:02 AM
Will this game be on the internet? By a freak occurence at work, for the 1st time in 3 years I have to work 2nd shift...bah humbug

http://www.audiosportsonline.net/2011Fall/Bellville.htm

Red Bull
11-07-2011, 11:37 AM
This will be a close game IMO. As is usually the case in a close game, this one will come down to field position and turnovers. If Bellville can continue to create turnovers and short field position for the offense, then I say Bellville wins 28-21. Good luck Bulls!

buff4ever
11-07-2011, 11:53 AM
Buffs win, everyone knows that bellville sux:wave:

Old QB
11-07-2011, 11:54 AM
Was told by a JV player that Rowe moved up only 11 players from JV..

fanofthegame
11-07-2011, 12:31 PM
Guess we will decide where to go for football since we are starting basketball already, dangit Leps.....
From what I heard from giddiness friends, the kids didn't even practice or study film on Saturday.....wow, it's playoff time, guess bellville better not even show up.

OLE'BULL
11-07-2011, 12:33 PM
Was told by a JV player that Rowe moved up only 11 players from JV..

Really? Why wouldnt they move up all players that will be on varsity next year, including freshman?

tiger pride
11-07-2011, 12:47 PM
Actually the Giddings coach is an old Sealy Tiger, Chris Jones. Good luck to Chris at Giddings. I hope he fairs better than his dad at Sealy.

jrhernandez7
11-07-2011, 01:48 PM
tough draw buffs, i thought for sure my tigers would face bellville. Go get em buffs!! its all about 23 for me. I'm hoping smithville and Giddings both come out of Bryan/C.S. friday with a win. my tigers are playing across town. I say Buffalo by 10.

Bull's-eye
11-07-2011, 02:43 PM
Giddings is not the Giddings of old but they have a really good team. From what I saw from the Buffs, I am not sure how they loss to Smithville. With that said, I believe that the lack of a Bellville passing game will be the difference. If Giddings can keep the Brahma rushing attack in check, I believe that they can, the Buffs will win this game.

Giddings 20-14

Looking at their stats, Giddings outgained Smithville by 151 yards. Also, they led Navasota in total yards & had a 21-7 advantage in first downs. I wasn't at those games, but special teams or turnovers must of played a huge difference.

IMO, Bellville has the ability to be a good passing team & has shown they can throw the ball. Sealy did a good job of stacking the run & had DB's that were very good in single coverage. I went away from that game thinking Bellville would of been better off attacking that defense with a short passing game. Bellville seemed content on thowing the deep ball.

fanofthegame
11-07-2011, 03:21 PM
You throw the ball against giddings, you win!!!!!!

HEMOTOXIC
11-07-2011, 04:52 PM

Passing the ball isn't Bellville's strength.

HEMOTOXIC
11-07-2011, 04:59 PM
Looking at their stats, Giddings outgained Smithville by 151 yards. Also, they led Navasota in total yards & had a 21-7 advantage in first downs. I wasn't at those games, but special teams or turnovers must of played a huge difference.

IMO, Bellville has the ability to be a good passing team & has shown they can throw the ball. Sealy did a good job of stacking the run & had DB's that were very good in single coverage. I went away from that game thinking Bellville would of been better off attacking that defense with a short passing game. Bellville seemed content on thowing the deep ball.

If you got the stats from the Austin Statesman, I don't think they are accurate.

However, Navasota had a fumble from a mishandled fg returned back 70 yards for a touchdown. Then, a player from Giddings touched a punt resulting in a fumble and a short field for Navasota. I am more than sure that at least 14-17 of those first downs were in the first half. It was a tale of two halves. Which, is what football is all about- Go in to halftime and make adjustments. Navasota won the second half 21-0.

Giddings first half 225 yards second half 89 yards.

Navasota's Baker finished the night 16-of-20 passing for 183 yards and three scores. McGinty caught six passes for 80 yards and two touchdowns. Collins ended with seven catches for 70 yards and a score.

buff4ever
11-07-2011, 05:27 PM
And a kick off return for a touchdown against smithville became too much to come back from. This giddings team just needs to not allow a special teams play to change the momentum in our games and we are pretty darn good. Even if you have a big special teams play go the wrong way, don't let it emotionally affect you, that is easier said than done I know. Big special team plays can totally change a ball game, the buffs have to believe in that theory right now, 2 district losses that are hugely attributed to special teams big plays. Hugely, not completely, just hugely.

If we can avoid this, I think we beat bellville by 10 in another great Giddings/Bellville match up.

Bellville still sux:wave:

OldBison75
11-07-2011, 05:57 PM
Giddings is the kind of team that can get on a roll on the ground and just pound you to death with power sweeps and misdirection. Bellville seems to have the running game going strong too!!! The Giddings defense is strong against the run for the most part, but can be hurt by a short to intermediate passing game. Bellville seems to have a pretty good defense all around. I think that whoever wins the special teams plays will win this game. I have to go with Giddings from our district. But, it won't be by more than 3.

Bull's-eye
11-07-2011, 06:55 PM
Here's the stats I got from the THSCA website for the Giddings/Navasota game:

Navasota-7 FD's, 42 yds rush, 181 yds pass, total 223 yds

Giddings- 21 FD's, 210 yds rush, 103 yds pass, total 313 yds

They also show Giddings with 60 offensive plays & Navasota with only 36 offensive plays.

HEMOTOXIC
11-07-2011, 06:59 PM
Here's the stats I got from the THSCA website for the Giddings/Navasota game:

Navasota-7 FD's, 42 yds rush, 181 yds pass, total 223 yds

Giddings- 21 FD's, 210 yds rush, 103 yds pass, total 313 yds

You may be correct. Besides our first drive, the rest of the half wasn't so good. Giddings did a good job of controlling the clock too.

Bull's-eye
11-07-2011, 07:37 PM
Scoring with your defense or special teams can be deceptive in the stats. Bellville was leading Needville by 14 in the first Qtr and had only 5 yards of offense at the time. Also, striking with longer plays can make first downs a little less meaningful.

HEMOTOXIC
11-07-2011, 07:38 PM
Scoring with your defense or special teams can be deceptive in the stats. Bellville was leading Needville by 14 in the first Qtr and had only 5 yards of offense at the time. Also, striking with longer plays can make first downs a little less meaningful.

True... I wish that we were not playing on the same night. Good Luck!!

Buff42
11-07-2011, 10:49 PM

If it's that easy, why didn't LG just throw the ball??????

Manso/V8
11-07-2011, 11:13 PM
Both teams are good, I believe Bellville is better.
Both have stout defenses, Bellville has a better defense.
Both have a strong ground attack, Bellville's is better.
We have the speed to get behind the Buff secondary if they cheat in against the run.
We have been going to the short and intermediate pass in recent games and expect that to continue.
Our pass blocking has been a little off since the Sealy game, but the team is fired up and hitting all cylinders in preparation for the playoffs.
There is little doubt in my mind that you will see a Bellville team playing disciplined, well executed football.
I believe that will translate in to a W for the Brahmas.

Bulls-eye, maybe you should post the stats for the Bellville-La Grange and Giddings-La Grange games. That is the one opponent that Bellville and Giddings have in common this year. That might provide an interesting point to begin conversation.

HEMOTOXIC
11-07-2011, 11:59 PM
Bulls-eye, maybe you should post the stats for the Bellville-La Grange and Giddings-La Grange games. That is the one opponent that Bellville and Giddings have in common this year. That might provide an interesting point to begin conversation.

That's going to prove absolutly nothing. La Grange was a completely different team by the time they played Giddings. Besides, what will that prove in the Giddings/Bellville match up?

Bull's-eye
11-08-2011, 12:03 AM

Bellville- 19 FD's, 324 rushing yds, 126 passing yds, 450 total yds.........48 points
La Grange- 11 FD's, 116 rushing yds, 77 passing yds, 193 total yds.........3 points

Giddings- 9 FD's, 212 rushing yds, 45 passing yds, 257 total yds............38 points
La Grange- 13 FD's, 52 rushing yds, 258 passing yds, 310 toal yds.........35 points

Manso/V8
11-08-2011, 12:58 AM
That's going to prove absolutly nothing. La Grange was a completely different team by the time they played Giddings. Besides, what will that prove in the Giddings/Bellville match up?

It doesn't prove anything, I don't know that much about Giddings other than they have a great program and ALWAYS seem to have a good team, and the 2011 Giddings version have battled it out well with some good teams in District 23. My previous boast post, and the call for the common opponent stats was just to get things going a bit. It's the freakin' playoffs and there is not much chatter on the board. I can't tell you for sure who is going to win this game, but I gotta be a bit of a homer and call this one for Bellville.

Giddings has played a tougher schedule so they have more big game, adversity, and having to play fullout for 4 quarters experience going for them. Bellville suffered from a bit of a bye week and Sealy game letdown/hangover, and dropped off in intensity after the first half of the Royal game when it was obvious we had the game won and a playoff spot clinched, and we didn't give our best effort against Stafford, but still won by a big margin. That is why you have seen some comments about our pass blocking and passing game dropping off in recent weeks. Frankly, we peaked a bit early in the season. We were executing and dominating teams in a way that was hard to maintain after the playoff spot was clinched........ask the guys from La Grange and Columbus what they thought about our efforts against those teams........we might not have the athletes to compare against a team like Navasota, but at that point in the season Bellville was executing like no other 3a high school team I have seen play.

IMO, the intensity slump after the Sealy game and clinching a playoff spot was inevitable when facing relatively weaker teams like Royal and Stafford. That is all behind us, and now it is win or go home, and the intensty has returned. If Bellville plays with the intensity and executes as well as they have shown that they can, it will be tough for Giddings to stay with the Brahmas. If not, it will probably be a battle royale.

Like I said, the common opponent stats don't prove anything, but they do show what Bellville is capable of doing. I realize La Grange hadn't pulled it all together yet, but their game against Giddings was seven days later....how much completely different can they be in seven days? Bellville shut out Columbus the same night La Grange and Giddings played, and the following week Columbus put up 27 against Sealy.....now here is a homer statement for you...does playing Bellville inspire teams to be better? Again, this doesn't prove anything, but it does show what the Brahmas are capable of doing, and I hope that team shows up.

Bull's-eye
11-08-2011, 01:22 AM
Good point about Bellville executing very well during the LG & Columbus games, kind of wonder if the bye week came at the wrong time. Bellville seemed to be in a very good groove before that open week. Not sure when LG turned the corner, some LG posters state they started coming around in their game with Columbia & they did play a competitive game with Sealy before their "Disaster in the Pasture". Like you said, common opponent stats don't prove anything.

gameface
11-08-2011, 05:19 AM
One & done for g-town! Bulls by huge margin. Bulls defense too big & strong for buffalo small o-line. I predict a run fest-no need to throw. Brahmas by 28.

Pudlugger
11-08-2011, 06:13 AM
And a kick off return for a touchdown against smithville became too much to come back from. This giddings team just needs to not allow a special teams play to change the momentum in our games and we are pretty darn good. Even if you have a big special teams play go the wrong way, don't let it emotionally affect you, that is easier said than done I know. Big special team plays can totally change a ball game, the buffs have to believe in that theory right now, 2 district losses that are hugely attributed to special teams big plays. Hugely, not completely, just hugely.

If we can avoid this, I think we beat bellville by 10 in another great Giddings/Bellville match up.

Bellville still sux:wave:

Good point Buff4ever, two kickoff returns from failed on sides kicks back to back by Giddings against La Grange was the difference in that game. Without those 14 points the Leps could have maintained their momentum and the result would have been different. There is a reason coaches work hard to develop good special teams play as that often is where you get the game breaking big plays.

That being said Bellville has the advantage in this game with all around speed, size and team efficiency. By team efficiency I mean few turnovers, penalties and big plays given up by unforced errors. Bellville should win this game by 3 tds.

Pudlugger
11-08-2011, 06:19 AM
If it's that easy, why didn't LG just throw the ball??????

Good point. They did throw the ball and racked up 35 points but their special teams gave up two back to back tds on botched on sides kicks. Poor special team play was the difference in that game. Giddings has some powerful running backs who play up on kick offs to burn you on the pooch kicks and on sides plays. Special team play is a big part of any championship caliber team.

duckhunter
11-08-2011, 06:47 AM
Bellville is no La Grange....La Grange=average, Bellville=above average/possibiltiy of being really good....Buffs have their hands full, but it boils down to how Joe plays. The team goes as far as Joe wants to take them.

hookandladder
11-08-2011, 06:56 AM
Bellville is no La Grange....La Grange=average, Bellville=above average/possibiltiy of being really good....Buffs have their hands full, but it boils down to how Joe plays. The team goes as far as Joe wants to take them.

I would have to agree with you that La Grange was an average team this year trying to figuire out where some players still fit in, Giddings fits this mold also as an average team with a couple good runners. Bellville's offense will be the key to this game , it is one of the most difficult offenses to prepare to play against. I see Bellville winning this game, Bellville D will stop the Giddings running game and make them do something they are not comfortable doing. Should be a great game.

HEMOTOXIC
11-08-2011, 07:12 AM
Good Luck to both teams!

tiger pride
11-08-2011, 09:34 AM
I believe Bellville wins because of a very simple reason; discipline.

Bellville will not beat themselves. They are a disciplined team. On the other hand, it appears that giddings does tend to beat themseleves. From what I have read, they had some breakdowns on special teams that caused problems against smithville and navasota.

We did get a blocked punt against Bellville, but I attribute that play more to an individual effort than a breakdown in scheme.

This will be a close game thru 3 qtrs and then Bellville will take charge.

2-ONES
11-08-2011, 09:50 AM
Go Bellville!!!!

SHSBulldog00
11-08-2011, 10:05 AM
Bellville

http://img685.imageshack.us/img685/3150/leecorso.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/685/leecorso.jpg/)

CLOSER Than The Expert's Think

YTBulldogs
11-08-2011, 11:36 AM
Bellville keeps on roll'n, 27-14.

The Bull #40
11-08-2011, 01:18 PM
One & done for g-town! Bulls by huge margin. Bulls defense too big & strong for buffalo small o-line. I predict a run fest-no need to throw. Brahmas by 28.

Is the 2011 Giddings team not the "traditional" Giddings powerhouse with multiple 300 pounders on the O-Line and 4.4 running backs behind them? I consider our defense as small and fast to the football not big.. but who knows? I'm getting more and more interested in seeing this Giddings team. Bellville has been coasting the past couple of games so I think some people are starting to underestimate us again. When those playoff lights flick on, the Bulls will be ready. Bulls roll, 42-21.

1st and goal
11-08-2011, 05:14 PM
Our offense has opened up although we primarily "ground pound" it. Still have a decent sized line, not quite as big as last few games against Bellville but still big. This will be a great game. I'm impressed for Bellville's season so far, for them to have turned it around from last year's results.

I believe if our players play all 4 quarters, and don't shoot themselves in the foot, that this will be the best team the Bulls have faced all year....yes I'm a homer.:stirpot::1popcorn:

HEMOTOXIC
11-08-2011, 06:20 PM
As I have stated before, I always root for Bellivlle. Bellville, please do not go in to this game thinking that you are going to blow the Buffaloes out by 21 points. Remember, Hemotoxic said it.:)

rancher
11-08-2011, 06:34 PM
Having watched the Bulls all year now, I am impressed and that is hard to do with the turn around of this program by the coaching staff. The team is very discipline as noted by many. However, the passing game is weak at best. I have been disappointed in the offense the last three games as they have not looked as sharp as in prior games. The defense has carried the day and hopefully they will this week. If the offense gets untracked, Bellville wins, but if they play like the Sealy game, it is upset time.

Buff42
11-08-2011, 11:45 PM
Four LG posters on this thread and not one single "good luck" wish from any of them for the Buffs. I guess losing to us for a whole decade does that to people. Not that we need or want their well wishes, it just goes to show how deep the Giddings- La Grange rivalry really is. Conversely, I think most of the Giddings posters wished the Smithville Tigers and Navasota Rattlers good luck. And JR and Hemo both were classy enough to wish a district foe well on this thread. Just another of my observations that won't be popular in La Grunge- flame away..........

GO BUFFS GO!

buff4ever
11-08-2011, 11:49 PM
I don't know if I would call it a upset when the buffs beat the bulls.

Bellville sux!

Pudlugger
11-08-2011, 11:49 PM
Good luck in basketball Buff42.

EHSgrad89
11-09-2011, 12:12 AM
Buffs vs. Bulls will be a good game. 4th quarter play will be the deciding factor. Who will show up? Best of luck to both squads. May the Hand of God be placed upon all for safe play and safe travelling.

gameface
11-09-2011, 07:40 AM
Pleeeeeeeeeeeeease buff 42-good luck...@ running horses versus bulls!

StangEm
11-09-2011, 08:39 AM
Giddings wins by 7. Hate to do it to you Brahma fans....

Buff42
11-09-2011, 09:06 AM
Good luck in basketball Buff42.

Pud, that's not very Pudlike.

buff4ever
11-09-2011, 10:42 AM
Pud, that's not very Pudlike.

Pudlike, I think I made a nice new word. When we beat Bellville friday you can expect a much more pudlike post congratulating us.

1st and goal
11-09-2011, 10:59 AM
Yah, I noticed a bit of unusual hot air coming from down south. I'm glad the cool front actually made it past LG to cool things off.

Pudlugger
11-09-2011, 01:18 PM
When we beat Bellville friday you can expect a much more pudlike post congratulating us.

You know what they say "if wishes were horses everyone would ride." If Giddings beats Bellville I'll get in line to make my congratulations. Meanwhile, I still say Bellville will advance.

1st and goal
11-09-2011, 09:38 PM
This thread has more LG posters than Bellville posters....

zebrablue2
11-09-2011, 10:34 PM
Go Brahmas. for a team that was picked 4th in district, and only thought to win 2 games, you all have come a long way baby! Best of luck Friday night. Bulls by 6!

Manso/V8
11-10-2011, 12:24 AM
Too much ABBA Registered Brahma bull champion bloodline and pedigree on the field for the Bufaloes to handle this Friday.
Bellville by 7!

gameface
11-10-2011, 08:16 AM
How do yall expect me to raise any cattle when yall G-town folks are always shooting the bull? Like Manso said-Pedrigree looking very good in the pasture of pain country-may need 500 grain fuel to compete with Bull mass!! Respectfully submitted and pun intended!!:)

duckhunter
11-10-2011, 10:58 AM
Pudlike, I think I made a nice new word. When we beat Bellville friday you can expect a much more pudlike post congratulating us.

:iagree::iagree:

The Bull #40
11-10-2011, 01:05 PM
One more day till playoff time! Giddings fans better be ready to watch some dribble dribble next week. BULLS ROLL 42-21!!!!!

gtownfan
11-10-2011, 06:48 PM
Coaches discontinue use of recorded Mike Sherman halftime pep talks to fire up Buffs. Buffs by 7.

1st and goal
11-10-2011, 08:34 PM
There is hope that I can actually make it to the game...Depends on how a job ends up tomorrow at work.

I think the Buffs will be fired up and will win by 14.

Manso/V8
11-10-2011, 08:37 PM
There is hope that I can actually make it to the game...Depends on how a job ends up tomorrow at work.

I think the Buffs will be fired up and will win by 14.

You don't really think that, do you? Seriously?

buff4ever
11-11-2011, 12:22 AM
The bellville fans may have a rude awakening coming their way. They seem to think this one is in the bag.

Manso/V8
11-11-2011, 01:05 AM
The bellville fans may have a rude awakening coming their way. They seem to think this one is in the bag.
We have already had our rude awakening, going 9-1 this year after a 2-8 season last year.
Everything from here on is gravy.

Looking forward to the challenge and the game.
We hear Giddings is real good.

Here's to an injury free game!

hookandladder
11-11-2011, 07:01 AM
Interesting matchup with both teams relying on the running game, to me it comes down to Giddings being able to handle the Slot T offense. Defense will have to be very discipline in their assignments, in our game with Giddings that was not the case. I feel Bellville's D can stop Giddings running game and then that will make Ware have to beat them with the passing game, which he is not a very accurate passer although he does have some skilled players to throw to. Giddings is not the team of old days, they play up and down to much during the game so I will have to go with Bellville in this matchup. Good Luck to both teams.

1st and goal
11-11-2011, 08:27 AM
Well I do know that our previous coach Fitz and his staff knew how to slow down the slot T for the last 2 years. Not sure about Coach Jones and this year's D. I think our defensive lettermen will be up to the task.

Still picking Giddings by 14.

gameface
11-11-2011, 08:32 AM
Bulls and Buffs will battle it out on the line and with the run--pedigree and discipline of Brahmas trumps Buffs efforts. Bellville by 21.

YTBulldogs
11-11-2011, 08:56 AM
Bellville not ready to let this remarkable season end just yet. Kid's have bought into it and believe what the new coach is telling them. He has them focused on a greater goal, and Bulls win this one, 28-20.

zebrablue2
11-11-2011, 09:04 AM
Game day! Go Bulls, keep it rolling... Play injury free and bring home a W.

Manso/V8
11-11-2011, 09:07 AM
Game day! Go Bulls, keep it rolling... Play injury free and bring home a W.
Go Bulls!

buff4ever
11-11-2011, 09:51 AM
Giddings boys are a more experienced in big games. If it is a close game, that may make the difference in the end.

tiger pride
11-11-2011, 10:05 AM
The giddings coach, Chris, should have a good understanding of the slot T. His dad, Bob Jones, coached him in high school at Sealy and they ran the slot T in all 3 yrs while at Sealy.

I hope it is a good game. I still believe Bellville wins. They seem to play good assignment football on defensive.

Tiger Dad
11-11-2011, 10:09 AM
Bellville by 17.

1st and goal
11-11-2011, 10:13 AM
The giddings coach, Chris, should have a good understanding of the slot T. His dad, Bob Jones, coached him in high school at Sealy and they ran the slot T in all 3 yrs while at Sealy.

I hope it is a good game. I still believe Bellville wins. They seem to play good assignment football on defensive.

Good to know, still thinking Buffs by 14.

Which team is home team?

trg
11-11-2011, 10:51 AM
Of course, I am pulling for the Bulls. I think they are ready. Work hard and play your game. Go Brahmas!!!!

Good luck to both teams for an injury free game.

BrahmaMom
11-11-2011, 11:17 AM
Game day, football weather, full moon last night and the Brahmas return to the play-offs! Bellville hosted their first in a long time community pep rally last night, so the team and fans are PUMPED! I don't want to be overly confident, I just want a W and plans for next Friday night. I will take a 1 point win, but know the Bulls are ready for big things. That said, Brahmas, all this talk of discipline on the board is, IMO, over-stated. To win, we CANNOT see the penalties and mistakes we have seen this season to date. We need 110% effort, no mental mistakes, leave it all on the field, EVERY DOWN football tonight to win. I keep wishing for interceptions and a defensive TD as in years past but will settle for the other. Focus, Brahmas, see it, feel it, want it, DO IT tonight! GO BULLS!!

OLE'BULL
11-11-2011, 11:23 AM
Good to know, still thinking Buffs by 14.

Which team is home team?

Bellville is the home team

BrahmaMom
11-11-2011, 01:30 PM
That bodes well for the Brahmas! GOOOOOOOO, BULLS!

Manso/V8
11-11-2011, 02:33 PM
I had a Buffalo meat burger for lunch in honor of tonight's game, at it was good.

GO BULLS!

1st and goal
11-11-2011, 03:12 PM
I had a Buffalo meat burger for lunch in honor of tonight's game, at it was good.

GO BULLS!

You just convinced me to have a steak.:wave:

fanofthegame
11-11-2011, 03:12 PM
The lep gang is headed to watch some buff bs bulls. Bulls will win, they will wear down the buffs, heck If we could do that I know the bulls can. Good luck next week bulls and good luck in basketball next week buffs. We got one week of practice on you.

1st and goal
11-11-2011, 03:42 PM
Everyone drive safe.

Bull's-eye
11-11-2011, 04:13 PM
Everyone drive safe.

:iagree: Let's have a great game!!

Tejastrue
11-11-2011, 04:19 PM

GO BULLS!

You're gonna get fat having all these tribute meals Manso..LOL. As a return "sportsmanship" gesture I'm also wishing safe health tonight for players on both sides...may the best team win!! :clap:

Tejastrue
11-11-2011, 04:21 PM
You just convinced me to have a steak.:wave:

Nice....:spitlol:

Reds fan
11-11-2011, 09:15 PM
Bellville 14 Giddings 3 halftime

The Bull #40
11-11-2011, 11:29 PM
BULLS ROLL! Game was much more lopsided than the score indicates. Bellville controlled the ball all game, running at will with a few big pass plays in the mix. 28-18 was way too close for the Bulls. They let up after getting ahead 21-3 and started paying for it when Giddings started scoring. Overall I was not impressed with Giddings at all, although I was impressed with #2 for the Buffs who ran hard. My guess is the Brahmas will be playing Coldspring next week after they beat Bridge City tomorrow.... don't know what to think about that at the moment so we'll just enjoy the W! Oh and i must not forget, how do all the Sealy posters feel to be the only team in the district going home with a loss tonight? (Columbus beat Smithville, Bellville beat Giddings), looks like Jimmy can't win playoff games. :stirpot:

rancher
11-12-2011, 12:02 AM
You must not have watched the same game that I did. Giddings had a good ball club. The first half Bellville got two LUCKY breaks and turned them in for big scoring plays. Giddings defense played lights out the first half. The second half, Bellville offense finally got untracked and ran the ball eating up the clock. You also forgot to mention that Bellville got a big break when Giddings fumbled deep in their end to set up Bellvilles third score. When Giddings did open up and throw starting in the 4th quarter, Bellville could not stop them. But to the bulls credit when crunch time came, they went on a long drive and put the game away. Great game for both clubs.

HEMOTOXIC
11-12-2011, 12:10 AM
Congrats to my second team, Brahmas! Good season Giddings!

hookandladder
11-12-2011, 01:02 AM
Two totally different opinions on how the game went, guess we will have to hear from more posters to see how it did go. Guess Pud was right, we got 5 more days of practicing Thump, Thump did Giddings. Three years in a row out the first round , has to be a little hard to swallow.

Bull's-eye
11-12-2011, 01:18 AM
Bellville ended up with 309 total yards, with 225 coming on the ground. The Brahmas O-line did a good job of opening holes, Bellville was led by FB Nunn with 118 yards. The Bellville defense did a great job against the Giddings running game, holding the Buffs to 104 yards on 36 attempts. Bellville held the Buff's top runner to 50 yards on 19 carries, for only a 2.6 average. Bellville scored on 2 passing plays, one was a 77 yard pass play to Parker. The other was a 7 yard pass to Crider, a great play call by the Bellville coaching staff. Giddings made a great come back attempt, give them credit for not giving up. After Giddings cut the Bellville lead to 3 points, the Brahma offense went on what I call a "game winning" drive.

zebrablue2
11-12-2011, 02:50 AM
Congrats to the BULLS!!!:clap:

trg
11-12-2011, 07:27 AM
Great Job Brahmas!!! Now focus on the next round.

gameface
11-12-2011, 08:04 AM
No validation needed Bulls. I got your back. I know just how good you guys are. Congrat's last night and make Bellville country proud again next week!!

hookandladder
11-12-2011, 08:46 AM
Bellville ended up with 309 total yards, with 225 coming on the ground. The Brahmas O-line did a good job of opening holes, Bellville was led by FB Nunn with 118 yards. The Bellville defense did a great job against the Giddings running game, holding the Buffs to 104 yards on 36 attempts. Bellville held the Buff's top runner to 50 yards on 19 carries, for only a 2.6 average. Bellville scored on 2 passing plays, one was a 77 yard pass play to Parker. The other was a 7 yard pass to Crider, a great play call by the Bellville coaching staff. Giddings made a great come back attempt, give them credit for not giving up. After Giddings cut the Bellville lead to 3 points, the Brahma offense went on what I call a "game winning" drive.

Teams with good defenses like Bellville have been shutting down Glenn all year, he is a good back however just like Sealy found out last night one player cannot win in 3A up. Good Luck Bulls in next weeks game, keep playing good D and good things happen.

fanofthegame
11-12-2011, 08:51 AM
Told ya so. Buffs have been lucky this year and it's only going to go south from here. Giddings posters were saying they want discipline, didn't see it last night. Number 4 trying to start a fight after he was played for an interception ? Oh well, time to let let us beat ya in basketball and e won't even get into baseball!!!

1st and goal
11-12-2011, 09:30 AM
Told ya so. Buffs have been lucky this year and it's only going to go south from here. Giddings posters were saying they want discipline, didn't see it last night. Number 4 trying to start a fight after he was played for an interception ? Oh well, time to let let us beat ya in basketball and e won't even get into baseball!!!
get a life, he shoved a player after the player yanked him off the pile by the back of his collar. It was offsetting fouls. Also, they should of called Bellville because some of their players came off the sidelines.

The game was a lot closer than some have posted. Rancher was right. The Bulls D did an overall excellent job of containing the run keying on #28, but others picked up yardage and 1st downs. Buffs shot themselves in the foot too many times. Uncharacteristic fumbles, giving up a kickoff return for a TD on a pooch kick. The Bulls had a great bomb pass for a TD. There were a few controversial calls (and non calls) by the zebras. When the Buffs finally started throwing the ball with about 8 minutes left in the game, they scored quickly twice with a perfectly executed on sides kick. The Bull's last time killing (and scoring) drive was the nail in the coffin.

The Bulls have great offensive and defensive lines and some good backs. The D plays cohesively and until the Buffs late passing attack, were very effective negating any big gains running the ball. Congrats to the Bulls. I wish you success in the playoffs. You got your work cut out for you next week but with your size and ball control, it can go your way! Just look what the mighty Ducks almost did to the Texans.

My 2 cents for the Buffs. Keep your heads up. Some players going both ways (getting fatigued) hurt us in the last few games. A bit of clock management work (next year) for faster hurry up offense. I really liked what I saw this season. Congrats to the players and coaches. Thank you for your hard work and efforts.

fanofthegame
11-12-2011, 09:36 AM
1st and goal, you forgot something....."que music I.e. Violin music"
And I have a life..
Just good fun, Jezz you might want to hang up your letter jacket and have some fun too.

1st and goal
11-12-2011, 09:42 AM
1st and goal, you forgot something....."que music I.e. Violin music"
And I have a life..
Just good fun, Jezz you might want to hang up your letter jacket and have some fun too.

Thats the same music been playing in LG since last week. AND FOR THE LAST 10 YEARS AS FAR AS THE lg/BUFFS ARE CONCERNED.:wave:

fanofthegame
11-12-2011, 09:51 AM
That has a nice "ring" to that.....lol. Speaking of rings, at least we have some for football and baseball, I understand if you can't come back to that , cause YOU CANT!!!!!!

Bull's-eye
11-12-2011, 11:34 AM
There were a few controversial calls (and non calls) by the zebras.
Could you explain? Giddings was only called for one penalty, a play they were clearly offsides. Bellville was called for pass interference (the right call) & illegal procedure (was also the correct call). The only controversal call would of been the double personal fouls. I thought the Giddings player initiated the whole thing when he shoved the Bellville player, at least that was when the flag was thrown. I'm not sure why he was trying to take the ball away, the Bellville player had an easy interception & was already down. As for the Bellville players coming on the field, that would of been the offensive unit. They usually do that when the defense gets a turnover.

Bull's-eye
11-12-2011, 11:57 AM
Teams with good defenses like Bellville have been shutting down Glenn all year.

Go back and look at the stats. Tell me who was shutting down Glenn all year? He had 144 yards vs Navasota, 183 yds vs Rockdale, 170 yds vs Smithville & 186 yards vs Caldwell. LG held him to 68 yards, but Hicky went for 140 yards.

The Bull #40
11-12-2011, 12:24 PM
You must not have watched the same game that I did. Giddings had a good ball club. The first half Bellville got two LUCKY breaks and turned them in for big scoring plays. Giddings defense played lights out the first half. The second half, Bellville offense finally got untracked and ran the ball eating up the clock. You also forgot to mention that Bellville got a big break when Giddings fumbled deep in their end to set up Bellvilles third score. When Giddings did open up and throw starting in the 4th quarter, Bellville could not stop them. But to the bulls credit when crunch time came, they went on a long drive and put the game away. Great game for both clubs.

I love how when Bellville makes big plays, they're "lucky" but when other teams make them it's because their athletes are so amazing. I don't know about Giddings playing "lights out" in the first half, they played well but if that was lights out then what was the Brahma D through the first 3 quarters? If I recall correctly before Giddings got their "lucky TD and onside kick recovery", the score was 21-3 Bellville.... And as for Bellville not being able to stop Giddings passing attack, the coaching staff probably didn't know the Buffs had one on account of they never throw the ball. And when it mattered the Bellville offense put the game away with the game winning drive. Once again, I don't see how you thought this game was close when the Buffs had 2 scoring drives, one of which only set up by an onside kick which gave the Buffs good field position. Oh, and the BULLS are going to the 2nd round, not Giddings... or Sealy haha (good work Navasota) :stirpot:

1st and goal
11-12-2011, 12:24 PM
Could you explain? Giddings was only called for one penalty, a play they were clearly offsides. Bellville was called for pass interference (the right call) & illegal procedure (was also the correct call). The only controversal call would of been the double personal fouls. I thought the Giddings player initiated the whole thing when he shoved the Bellville player, at least that was when the flag was thrown. I'm not sure why he was trying to take the ball away, the Bellville player had an easy interception & was already down. As for the Bellville players coming on the field, that would of been the offensive unit. They usually do that when the defense gets a turnover.

The main non call, IMO, was your touchdown pass where the Buff defender was pushed away before the ball got there and fell down. The one where the refs had a conference,,,after the PAT. This stuff will always be a part of the game since they'll probably never have reviews in HS football. There was one other non call. Should have been a procedure call on one of your drives late in the game. Running back jumped the hike. Could have been a holding call or 2 called against both teams on pass plays.

1st and goal
11-12-2011, 12:26 PM
I love how when Bellville makes big plays, they're "lucky" but when other teams make them it's because their athletes are so amazing. I don't know about Giddings playing "lights out" in the first half, they played well but if that was lights out then what was the Brahma D through the first 3 quarters? If I recall correctly before Giddings got their "lucky TD and onside kick recovery", the score was 21-3 Bellville.... And as for Bellville not being able to stop Giddings passing attack, the coaching staff probably didn't know the Buffs had one on account of they never throw the ball. And when it mattered the Bellville offense put the game away with the game winning drive. Once again, I don't see how you thought this game was close when the Buffs had 2 scoring drives, one of which only set up by an onside kick which gave the Buffs good field position. Oh, and the BULLS are going to the 2nd round, not Giddings... or Sealy haha (good work Navasota)

Everybody loves a sore winner.

The Bull #40
11-12-2011, 12:33 PM
I love how when Bellville makes big plays, they're "lucky" but when other teams make them it's because their athletes are so amazing. I don't know about Giddings playing "lights out" in the first half, they played well but if that was lights out then what was the Brahma D through the first 3 quarters? If I recall correctly before Giddings got their "lucky TD and onside kick recovery", the score was 21-3 Bellville.... And as for Bellville not being able to stop Giddings passing attack, the coaching staff probably didn't know the Buffs had one on account of they never throw the ball. And when it mattered the Bellville offense put the game away with the game winning drive. Once again, I don't see how you thought this game was close when the Buffs had 2 scoring drives, one of which only set up by an onside kick which gave the Buffs good field position. Oh, and the BULLS are going to the 2nd round, not Giddings... or Sealy haha (good work Navasota)

Everybody loves a sore winner.

Not being a sore winner, just tired of Bellville not getting respect because we play "easy teams" that everyone plays and when we do play a good team like everyone says Giddings is and beat them it's because we got lucky. I guess we just get lucky a lot lately.

YTBulldogs
11-12-2011, 12:35 PM
Bellville not ready to let this remarkable season end just yet. Kid's have bought into it and believe what the new coach is telling them. He has them focused on a greater goal, and Bulls win this one, 28-20.

Pretty close pick. Congrats Bellville. Keep the ride going guys.

Saggy Aggie
11-12-2011, 12:40 PM
Solid victory, Brahmas. Who's up next for you guys? Whoever it may be, good luck. I'll be pulling for ya.

The Bull #40
11-12-2011, 12:43 PM
Solid victory, Brahmas. Who's up next for you guys? Whoever it may be, good luck. I'll be pulling for ya.

Thanks Saggy Aggie, we will actually play the winner of the Coldspring vs. Bridge City game that is being played today.

Pudlugger
11-12-2011, 12:53 PM
Congratulations Bellville good luck against Coldspring. Yall have the horses(or Bulls) to hang with the Trojans.

Say where is Duckhunter today? I thought he'd be on here commenting about his Buffs by now. Maybe he is plucking his duck or something.:eek:

Bull's-eye
11-12-2011, 12:56 PM
The main non call, IMO, was your touchdown pass where the Buff defender was pushed away before the ball got there and fell down. The one where the refs had a conference,,,after the PAT. This stuff will always be a part of the game since they'll probably never have reviews in HS football. There was one other non call. Should have been a procedure call on one of your drives late in the game. Running back jumped the hike. Could have been a holding call or 2 called against both teams on pass plays.

That pass play was right in front of me, there was no interference. The Bellville receiver slowed a little on his route drawing a little contact from the defender. He did use his hands to separate himself, but did not extend his arms. I'm usually the first one to spot procedure penalties, I only saw the one that was called near the goal line. As far as holding on pass plays, I thought the officials did a good job of letting the teams play. Bellville only had 4 passes & Giddings attempted 15 passes. Odds would say that Giddings was the team that might of got away with a few holding calls.

1st and goal
11-12-2011, 01:13 PM
[QUOTE=1st and goal;1634672][QUOTE=The Bull #40;1634665]I love how when Bellville makes big plays, they're "lucky" but when other teams make them it's because their athletes are so amazing. I don't know about Giddings playing "lights out" in the first half, they played well but if that was lights out then what was the Brahma D through the first 3 quarters? If I recall correctly before Giddings got their "lucky TD and onside kick recovery", the score was 21-3 Bellville.... And as for Bellville not being able to stop Giddings passing attack, the coaching staff probably didn't know the Buffs had one on account of they never throw the ball. And when it mattered the Bellville offense put the game away with the game winning drive. Once again, I don't see how you thought this game was close when the Buffs had 2 scoring drives, one of which only set up by an onside kick which gave the Buffs good field position. Oh, and the BULLS are going to the 2nd round, not Giddings... or Sealy haha (good work Navasota)

Not being a sore winner, just tired of Bellville not getting respect because we play "easy teams" that everyone plays and when we do play a good team like everyone says Giddings is and beat them it's because we got lucky. I guess we just get lucky a lot lately.

Read my post #113, paragraph 3

Manso/V8
11-12-2011, 01:57 PM
Congrats to Bellville for the W, congrats to Giddings for battling to the end.
The Brahma offense did a good job of blocking and running in the ground game, and added some timely passes.
I felt like Bellville controlled the line of scrimmage for most of the game.
The Brahma defense shut down the Buff running game, but the Buffs had them back on their heels when they started to throw the ball.
It might have been a different game if Giddings threw more earlier.
The Giddings OL did a good job of pass blocking, and the QB and receivers found some holes in the secondary.
Giddings first onside kick was extremely well executed, and was a demonstration of the intensity of the Giddings players late in the game.
I think the Buffs had been in more dogfights this year, and it showed, a good learning experience for the Brahmas.
Amazingly few penalties in the game, a credit to both coaches and teams.

Congratulations on a good season Giddings.

Bellville now has to focus on the next round.

Bull's-eye
11-12-2011, 02:36 PM
Well said Manso/V8! Giddings kind of caught Bellville off guard with their late passing game & the different formations. Bellville played more of a prevent defense, primarily rushing only 3 players. Maybe they could mix in a few blitzes, bring an extra rusher from outside or up the middle. I thought the QB had way too much time to throw & was able to find the open man. The onside kick was well executed, but Bellville could of played the ball a little better. They didn't go after the ball, remember they don't have to wait for the ball to go the full 10 yards. I'm sure this is something they will address in practice.

Seeing Bellville having early success running the ball, I knew they were more than capable of winning this game. Usually, if they get the inside running going, this will allow the outside running & passing game to be more effective. Also, their defense has been good all year against the run, thought they matched up well with the Giddings offense.

Football DAD
11-13-2011, 08:52 AM
Great job Bellville. Belllville defense played a great game. I want to say great job to the unforgotten heros "offensive line". They never get get much credit but they get a lot of crap when nothing going right. I just want to mention that Bellville has 3,400 yards rushing and 600 yards passing this year. GREAT JOB OFFENSIVE LINE. Keep up the great job.

YTBulldogs
11-13-2011, 10:31 AM
Great job Bellville. Belllville defense played a great game. I want to say great job to the unforgotten heros "offensive line". They never get get much credit but they get a lot of crap when nothing going right. I just want to mention that Bellville has 3,400 yards rushing and 600 yards passing this year. GREAT JOB OFFENSIVE LINE. Keep up the great job.

Yahooooo!!!! Love when the "Hogs" get a that-a-boy there way. Dern right, they hardly get reconized and never get their name mentioned over the PA system during the games.

trg
11-13-2011, 10:37 AM
:clap::clap::iagree:

Bull's-eye
11-13-2011, 11:03 AM
Going into this game, Giddings had shown to be very tough against the run. I was curious to see what we had learned from the Sealy game, how we would attack a team that could slow or stop our running game. Most people thought that Bellville would have to pass to win this game. We did throw two TD's, but it was our running game that was responsible for this win. The OL did a great job of opening holes & what can you say about that last drive? Gidding had stunned Bellville with a couple of quick scores. Bellville needed to drive the ball & stop the Giddings momentum, that's when they responded with their game clinching drive.

Buff42
11-13-2011, 12:21 PM
Congrats on a great game Bellville. I thought we were headed for another OT heart attack inducing game for a while.

Good luck the rest of the way.

zebrablue2
11-13-2011, 04:47 PM
Yahooooo!!!! Love when the "Hogs" get a that-a-boy there way. Dern right, they hardly get reconized and never get their name mentioned over the PA system during the games.

Gotta love those HOGS!!!:2thumbsup

Bull's-eye
11-13-2011, 04:49 PM
Congrats on a great game Bellville. I thought we were headed for another OT heart attack inducing game for a while.

Good luck the rest of the way.
I don't know if I can handle too many more of those OT heart attacks.

Noticed Giddings had some really big call ups, send some of those big lineman our way.

BrahmaMom
11-13-2011, 05:16 PM
Congrats, Brahmas, good game Giddings! What a fun contest against two good teams. Proud of the Bulls for fewer penalties and more discipline (thanks, guys). For those doubters that Brahmas could pass, I thought we did just fine. I was disappointed when we seemed to lose momentum but glad to see us pick it up. Ok, team, we are up against an opponent to reckon with Friday. Focus, focus, focus and take advantage of EVERY opportunity. BRAHMAS RULE!!

1st and goal
11-13-2011, 06:13 PM

Noticed Giddings had some really big call ups, send some of those big lineman our way.

Y'all have plenty for now. We need all we can get for next year's battle. Best of luck to the Bellville bunch! I really believe you guys can do it again next weekend if you get fired up like you did against us.

You guys got the firepower for the trench warfare that occurs in big time playoff games.

Bull's-eye
11-13-2011, 06:29 PM
We lose quite a lot on the offensive & defensive lines, but our 3 leading running backs are all sophomores. We do return our pre-season starting QB, who was hurt in our 2nd scrimmage. He is also a very good kicker.

Manso/V8
11-13-2011, 07:10 PM
We lose quite a lot on the offensive & defensive lines, but our 3 leading running backs are all sophomores. We do return our pre-season starting QB, who was hurt in our 2nd scrimmage. He is also a very good kicker.

There are plenty of quality lineman coming up through the system.

Buff42
11-13-2011, 07:56 PM

Our JV is huge. And talented. They won district going away, no contest. What's really cool about that group of kids is that several Sophs refused to be called up during the season so they could stay together as a team. I'm excited to see them play at the varsity level next year.

Again, good luck.

Red Bull
11-14-2011, 01:29 PM
Great game Bellville! Way to come out prepared and ready to play and take advantage of everything the Buffs gave you and you earned. Good luck versus Coldspring. Work hard, prepare hard and play hard and you can win.

hookandladder
11-14-2011, 03:11 PM
Our JV is huge. And talented. They won district going away, no contest. What's really cool about that group of kids is that several Sophs refused to be called up during the season so they could stay together as a team. I'm excited to see them play at the varsity level next year.

Again, good luck.

Just curious do you remember their scores against La Grange and Navasota JV's.

Buff42
11-14-2011, 09:07 PM

No, but something tells me you're about to tell me, hook.

HEMOTOXIC
11-14-2011, 09:14 PM

Navasota JV 37 Giddings 15
Navasota 9th 28 Giddings 28

La Grange JV 42 Navasota JV 20
Navasota 9th 34 La Grange 9th 0

Remember, our Varsity is very young...

hookandladder
11-15-2011, 07:09 AM

Bluff42, so Giddings had no contest in District. Wow what kind of contest are we talking about, we are talking about the games right. Also La Grange had 4 sophmores and one Freshman starting on Varsity, so our JV was missing some keys players however we still beat Navasota and their JV was pretty salty.

buff4ever
11-15-2011, 11:28 AM

Hemo, our JV ended the season 8-1-1, and I am pretty sure our jv got beat by 6 by la vernia. I thought our jv tied your jv not our freshman. I could be wrong ,but I thought our jv was 4-0-1 in district. I didn't say we had no competition at JV, but I do THINK you got those mixed up. Maybe not, maybe I slept and we tied la vernia and lost to you guys, but don't think so.

hookandladder
11-15-2011, 12:00 PM
Hemo, our JV ended the season 8-1-1, and I am pretty sure our jv got beat by 6 by la vernia. I thought our jv tied your jv not our freshman. I could be wrong ,but I thought our jv was 4-0-1 in district. I didn't say we had no competition at JV, but I do THINK you got those mixed up. Maybe not, maybe I slept and we tied la vernia and lost to you guys, but don't think so.

Bluff42 said your JV had no competition in District, I do not remember our JV score with Giddings but pretty sure it was close. Also our JV did beat Navasota and I know Navasota just like us had some sophomores starting on Varsity, you cannot put much stock in JV wins with sophomores and Freshman playing on Varsity. Navasota like us was very young on Varsity this year, so very few JV players will be counted on next year. Not saying they will not be needed but each team has most of there key players returning, should be interesting again next year depending on realignment.