11-05-2011, 12:12 PM
Who wins & why?

GO PIRATES!!!

in Victoria, Saturday, Nov 12th @ 7pm

Who wins? Pirates will win.
Why? They are better.

29-3aFAN
11-05-2011, 12:16 PM
Sinton, Why? They will have more points....

pirate4state
11-05-2011, 12:19 PM
:D

All good answers ;)

sinfan75
11-05-2011, 12:24 PM
Freshman at QB and lack of size and speed on D will be Sinton's downfall... Sweeney by 10!:taunt:

Dogs_21
11-05-2011, 12:40 PM
If we don't turn the ball over we could give Sinton a good one. It all depends

SintonFan_inAustin
11-05-2011, 01:54 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hmKRDxSSBpQ

Sinton should come close to packing their side of the stadium.

Saggy Aggie
11-05-2011, 02:04 PM
Completely objective pov, and I'll say sinton by 10 because they're that much better. Dogs have enough talent to keep it close but not enough to beat the pirates IMO.

Phil C
11-05-2011, 02:06 PM
It will be very close. You have to remember that in 1966 Sweeny had a great dream team and won all their games on the way to the Class 2A State Championship. That increases the risk.

SintonFan_inAustin
11-05-2011, 02:07 PM
Completely objective pov, and I'll say sinton by 10 because they're that much better. Dogs have enough talent to keep it close but not enough to beat the pirates IMO.Sinton hasn't scored up and down the field like last year offensively but they've been getting better each week moving the ball and scoring. Defensively is where i think Sinton is playoff ready. Should be a good contest and close game.

2-ONES
11-05-2011, 03:20 PM
http://youtu.be/ZOFnVoKfKQE

Ranger354
11-05-2011, 04:13 PM
Sinton walks off with this one by 21.

SintonFan_inAustin
11-05-2011, 04:29 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZOFnVoKfKQE&feature=youtu.be

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o0UDIhtrAig&feature=relatedSweeny looks like they have some size

SHSBulldog00
11-05-2011, 06:27 PM
Sweeny looks like they have some size

We are not as big overall on the OL as last year. They have played better as the year progressed, but injuries and turnovers have hindered us.

Phil C
11-05-2011, 06:58 PM
We are not as big overall on the OL as last year. They have played better as the year progressed, but injuries and turnovers have hindered us.

Sinton wins a close one 28 to 24. Is Sinton home or visitors?

Dogs_21
11-05-2011, 07:10 PM
I just hope we don't turn the ball over because I know Sinton is good and we cant afford it.

YTBulldogs
11-05-2011, 07:15 PM
Sinton seems to be on a mission. You know, those teams that get better as the year moves on. Those teams can go far in the playoffs. Good luck to my friends down in Sinton. I'll finely get a chance to see ya'll play in this one in Victoria. Great stadium to see a game from, pitiful customer service though.

Roughneck93
11-05-2011, 07:21 PM
If Sweeny has success throwing the ball, I like their chances. If not, then I give the edge to Sinton. Sweeny is big and fast, heck just look ^^^ at Dogs_21's sig. #70 is big and nasty!

yellaseeker
11-05-2011, 08:06 PM
Im pullin for our rivals across the river. Looks like most have counted the dogs out but i know the intensity level those boys are capable of playin at. If sweeny can hang on to the pigskin, their speed could play a big part in this game as well as their passing game. Good luck sweeny

2-ONES
11-05-2011, 08:49 PM
http://youtu.be/Oh1Md9a9i7o

pirate4state
11-05-2011, 09:19 PM
Sinton wins a close one 28 to 24. Is Sinton home or visitors?

We are home.

Cool_Arrow
11-05-2011, 09:21 PM
Sinton came out slow again this past wk. If they continue to do this, someone is going to jump on them big in the first half to where they cant catch up. It'll be close but i think sweeny pulls away with this one.

Cool_Arrow
11-05-2011, 09:23 PM
Sinton hasn't scored up and down the field like last year offensively but they've been getting better each week moving the ball and scoring. Defensively is where i think Sinton is playoff ready. Should be a good contest and close game.

:iagree: this game is about how well the offense plays for Sinton they are getting better but it just may not be enough

pirate4state
11-06-2011, 09:03 AM
I believe Sinton can and will win this game. Our coaches will make sure our boys are prepared. We can only hope they come out and play lights out from the whistle, like they did against Ingleside.

GO PIRATES GO!!!

'Necks 2013-14
11-06-2011, 10:31 AM
Really would like to see this one but won't be able to make it. Mainly wanted to see the super talented sophomore,#22 Dante' Lemons for Sweeny. He is one good kid and sadly--did live in West Columbia before moving to Sweeny his freshman year.:bigcry: At least we had him for a while in youth ball and at West Brazos Jr. High. I will gladly root for Dante' in every game---except for one!! You know the one.

Check this:*

default avatar
Welcome back, necksbacker
Logout|My Dashboard

The Facts
Advanced Search
Cloudy
75°
Cloudy

Home
News
Your Town
Sports
Obituaries
Opinion
Brazos Living
Milestones
Community Faces
Entertainment
Calendar
Honor Rolls
Students in the News
AP News
Photographs
E-Edition
Advertising
Real Estate

Home
Your Town
West of the Brazos

BULLDOGS FIGHT ON: Lemons’ big game helps put Sweeny in postseason

Story
Comments
Image (2)
YouTube (1)

ShareShare
Print
Create a hardcopy of this page
Font Size:
Default font size
Larger font size

Previous Next
test4Sweeny 1

RYAN EVON/The Facts
Sweeny 1

Sweeny’s Dante Lemons slips a tackle on his first touchdown run of the varsity football game against Needville Friday at Bulldog Stadium in Sweeny.
Related YouTube Video

Posted: Saturday, November 5, 2011 2:00 am | Updated: 2:59 am, Sat Nov 5, 2011.

By ANTHONY MAENZA | 0 comments

SWEENY — It came down to the last game of the season, but the Sweeny Bulldogs put themselves in the Class 3A playoffs Friday night with a 41-8 District 29-3A victory over Needville.

The victory moves the Bulldogs (6-4, 2-2) into the Class 3A Division II bi-district round against Sinton at 7 p.m. next Saturday in Victoria.

“It feels great,” Sweeny coach Brett Sawyer said. “I’ve always told the kids the key is to get in the playoffs. Everyone is 0-0 right now. This is where we need to be playing our best on every play.”

Sweeny had one of its best offensive games of the season as it rolled up 451 yards. The Bulldogs had 319 yards rushing, including 173 on six carries from running back Dante Lemons, who had four touchdowns on the ground.

“I always tell our players that when they get their chance to get in the game, to take advantage of it,” Sawyer said. “Dante took advantage of the opportunity he had. The one run he had (76-yard run before the end of the first half) was one of the best runs I’ve ever seen.”
Sweeny’s defense limited Needville to 168 yards and picked up three turnovers.
Needville held a 2-0 early when a punt snap went over the head of Sweeny’s Jordan Limas and through the end zone for a safety with 5:46 left in the first quarter.
Sweeny answered with 71-yard drive to take the lead for good. Lemons finished it off with his first jaunt into the end zone from 25 yards out with 44 seconds left in the first quarter to put the Bulldogs up 6-2.
After Javian Baugh stopped a Needville drive with an interception at the Sweeny 25, it didn’t take long for the Bulldogs to extend their lead.
Craig Bell, who finished the game with 101 yards rushing, scored on a 61-yard run with 7:07 left in the first half to help put Sweeny up 13-2.
Then just before the half, Lemons broke several tackles on his way to paydirt from 76 yards out with 17 seconds left before intermission to give Sweeny a 20-2 lead.
Lemons continued his big game in the third quarter when he scored on a 55-yard run with 9:22 left in the period. He later went into the end zone from 5 yards out with 5:07 left in the third to put Sweeny up 34-2.
Bell capped the scoring for the Bulldogs with 3:52 left in the third quarter when he scored from 24 yards out to put Sweeny up 41-2.

© 2011 The Facts. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

Discuss
Print
ShareShare

Posted in West of brazos, Sports, High school football, Local sports on Saturday, November 5, 2011 2:00 am. Updated: 2:59 am.

More...
necksbacker
Begin typing here...
Share on FacebookShare on Twitter

Latest Video
Most Popular Stocks
Stories

Police beat
Woman forced into car, sexually assaulted, police say
Police Beat for Nov. 3, 2011
Downtown project to go on hiatus
BWA gets moving on water plan

Photos
Videos
Top Ads

ORTHODONTIST OFFICE seeking cross trained

EXPERIENCED DIESEL Mechanic needed. Heavy

MACHINIST, CNC Lathe or Mill, 2 plus years

More Top Jobs
Sections

Home
News
Sports
Obituaries
Opinion
Brazos Living
Milestones
Columns
Police
Photographs
Weather

Services

About Us
Contact Us
Personnel
Place An Ad
Home Delivery
Subscription Services
NIE
Newsstand Locations
Submission Forms
Site Index
Add Search Toolbar

Contact us

thefacts.com

The Facts
Phone: 979-237-0100
E-mail: support@thefacts.com
Address:
720 S. Main St.
Clute, TX 77531
Search

Search in:
All
News
Brazos Living
Sports
Opinion
Milestones
Obituaries
© Copyright 2011, The Facts, Clute, TX | Terms of Use

SNI Logo

maroonpirate04
11-06-2011, 12:08 PM
Pirates take this one, Since Hondo gave them a wake up call during week one they have improved every week they may have won in close games but they are finally clicking. Very odd to find teams who are in a rebuilding process and end up at the top of the district standings. "Though Young And Building, The Sinton Pirates Are Still Powerful" by Kerry Riley, Coastal Bend Herald News

GO PIRATES!
FIRE UP YOUR CANNONS..THE SINTON WAY PIRATES!!

Ranger354
11-06-2011, 03:09 PM
Sinton wins district and I have yet to see a write up about it in the paper. Did I miss it or it his just another typical day for the caller times.. That paper is the worst.

SintonFan_inAustin
11-06-2011, 03:28 PM
Sinton wins district and I have yet to see a write up about it in the paper. Did I miss it or it his just another typical day for the caller times.. That paper is the worst.didn't see any writeup on the game, but they did have the stats for the game.

Here's a interesting stat on Sinton defense in district......They didn't allow a single point in the 3rd qtr and only 14 points in the 4th qtr and that was the Ingleside game. Great job coming out in the 2nd half and shutting down the opponent and the coaches making the necessary adjustments. They outscored the opponents in district in the 3rd qtr 52-0!

SintonFan_inAustin
11-06-2011, 03:40 PM
Goliad only had 34 yards passing against Sinton? Thought they could move the ball pretty good through the air, did they had somebody out?

pirate4state
11-06-2011, 08:13 PM
Goliad only had 34 yards passing against Sinton? Thought they could move the ball pretty good through the air, did they had somebody out? It was a very sloppy game

SintonFan_inAustin
11-06-2011, 08:21 PM
Goal accomplished and didn't show to much to Sweeny scouts :)

Now they need to get ready for the playofs

Ranger354
11-06-2011, 08:57 PM
Goliad only had 34 yards passing against Sinton? Thought they could move the ball pretty good through the air, did they had somebody out?

I heard that Goliads QB was out with a broken leg and the backup played against Sinton.. But who knows. Sinton was without Kieth and also had some horrible mistakes that they don't normally make. Tyler and his crew were great! and the Sinton D is Lights Out!!!!!

pirate4state
11-07-2011, 10:07 AM
I watched a little bit of the Sweeny/Needville game film and Sweeny is FAST, but Needville is awful. goodness. Hopefully Sweeny won't make us look that awful. :doh:

pancho villa
11-07-2011, 11:20 AM
Sweeny is faster than West Columbia!

SHSBulldog00
11-07-2011, 11:23 AM

Sweeny skill players run a 4.0 40.....the WC skills players run a 4.1

pirate4state
11-07-2011, 11:48 AM
Sweeny is faster than West Columbia! and yet yall managed to beat them. you are a mastermind! lol

this won't be the first time we've faced a team faster & bigger than us. we find ways to win by doing all the "little" things right! :)

SintonFan
11-07-2011, 12:06 PM
From 'Necks 2013-14 (http://bbs.3adownlow.com/vb/member.php?9339-Necks-2013-14) :

Police beat Woman forced into car, sexually assaulted, police say

Dude, it get's kinda rough up there, huh?:twitch:

SHSBulldog00
11-07-2011, 12:24 PM
Is Sinton as big as last year?

wimbo_pro
11-07-2011, 12:27 PM
Sweeny skill players run a 4.0 40.....the WC skills players run a 4.1

In case you aren't just being silly....it's highly doubtful anyone runs a 4.0 or even a 4.1, as you mentioned . You are talking world-class speed, if measured properly. More like 4.3 and 4.4

yellaseeker
11-07-2011, 12:29 PM

We talking about track or football. They may have a couple guys that are faster than our speedsters but, it hasn't translated on the football field. This years group of juniors and seniors have only give up one game to sweeny since 7th grade from what i recall. Football speed, we are loaded with and a little track speed to boot as well.

44INAROW
11-07-2011, 12:36 PM
I'm thinking Sinton wins this one - 38-10 Go Pirates!!

pirate4state
11-07-2011, 12:37 PM
Is Sinton as big as last year? We were big last year?! :eek: :D

SintonFan_inAustin
11-07-2011, 03:16 PM
Is Sinton as big as last year?Sinton is a bit small this year

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZO5Qq8ycH8I

Ranger354
11-07-2011, 05:26 PM
Anybody know when tickets go on sale?

Every team has speed. Sinton played Royal a few years ago and their guy had speed. Sinton won that game. Hard to run when your dragging a couple of guys. BTW the kid from Royal is the the RB for Oklahoma now. Or at least that is what I heard.......lmao!

Phil C
11-07-2011, 05:29 PM
Anybody know when tickets go on sale?

Every team has speed. Sinton played Royal a few years ago and their guy had speed. Sinton won that game. Hard to run when your dragging a couple of guys. BTW the kid from Royal is the the RB for Oklahoma now. Or at least that is what I heard.......lmao!

I was told tickets go on sale tomorrow at the Administration Building in Sinton. The costs is $6.00 per adult and $3.00 (I think) per student. No reserved seats.

'Necks 2013-14
11-07-2011, 05:32 PM
From 'Necks 2013-14 (http://bbs.3adownlow.com/vb/member.php?9339-Necks-2013-14) :

Dude, it get's kinda rough up there, huh?:twitch:WTH are you talking about Einstein?

Saggy Aggie
11-07-2011, 05:39 PM
I'm thinking Sinton wins this one - 38-10 Go Pirates!! I picked Sinton to win as well, but they wont beat Sweeny by 4 TDs. Sweeny laid an egg against Wharton with 7 or 8 starters out due to injury, but they'd have won half the districts in Reg 4.

I like Sinton by 10 because Sweeny still hasnt put it all together. Could be even closer and honestly a bulldog victory wouldnt surprise me at all.

SHSBulldog00
11-07-2011, 08:56 PM
Sinton is a bit small this year

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZO5Qq8ycH8I

We are comparative to that....sorry don't have video though.:crying:

Sinton will be the favorite, but that doesn't mean a thing when the ball is kicked.

Dogs_21
11-07-2011, 09:00 PM
Well said!!! I think Sinton will win but I wouldn't be surprised if we pull it off we are not as bad as people think! I still think we could win district in alot of the other Region 4 districts. Like i said if we don't turn the ball over we will be okay! Sinton might be happy they didn't get The Necks but don't over look the Dogs

pirate4state
11-07-2011, 09:34 PM
Well said!!! I think Sinton will win but I wouldn't be surprised if we pull it off we are not as bad as people think! I still think we could win district in alot of the other Region 4 districts. Like i said if we don't turn the ball over we will be okay! Sinton might be happy they didn't get The Necks but don't over look the Dogs Yeah, I noticed yall had some issues holding onto the ball. We might be more alike than people think. It will be a better ball game than people expect. I expect us to win a close one. See you there! :wave:

Phil C
11-07-2011, 10:28 PM
Well said!!! I think Sinton will win but I wouldn't be surprised if we pull it off we are not as bad as people think! I still think we could win district in alot of the other Region 4 districts. Like i said if we don't turn the ball over we will be okay! Sinton might be happy they didn't get The Necks but don't over look the Dogs

That is a good point. A problem could be that the Pirates would be so happy about not having to play the Necks at their field that they might not concentrate on the game with the Dogs. I think our coaches will have them ready and focused though.

SHSBulldog00
11-08-2011, 09:01 AM
Yeah, I noticed yall had some issues holding onto the ball. We might be more alike than people think. It will be a better ball game than people expect. I expect us to win a close one. See you there! :wave:

I'm working to clear my schedule for this one. Really want a M&G at the game.:wave:

SintonFan
11-08-2011, 10:58 AM
Really would like to see this one but won't be able to make it. Mainly wanted to see the super talented sophomore,#22 Dante' Lemons for Sweeny. He is one good kid and sadly--did live in West Columbia before moving to Sweeny his freshman year.:bigcry: At least we had him for a while in youth ball and at West Brazos Jr. High. I will gladly root for Dante' in every game---except for one!! You know the one.

Check this:*

default avatar
Welcome back, necksbacker
Logout|My Dashboard

The Facts
Advanced Search
Cloudy
75°
Cloudy

Home
News
Your Town
Sports
Obituaries
Opinion
Brazos Living
Milestones
Community Faces
Entertainment
Calendar
Honor Rolls
Students in the News
AP News
Photographs
E-Edition
Advertising
Real Estate

Home
Your Town
West of the Brazos

BULLDOGS FIGHT ON: Lemons’ big game helps put Sweeny in postseason

Story
Comments
Image (2)
YouTube (1)

ShareShare
Print
Create a hardcopy of this page
Font Size:
Default font size
Larger font size

Previous Next
test4Sweeny 1

RYAN EVON/The Facts
Sweeny 1

Sweeny’s Dante Lemons slips a tackle on his first touchdown run of the varsity football game against Needville Friday at Bulldog Stadium in Sweeny.
Related YouTube Video

Posted: Saturday, November 5, 2011 2:00 am | Updated: 2:59 am, Sat Nov 5, 2011.

By ANTHONY MAENZA | 0 comments

SWEENY — It came down to the last game of the season, but the Sweeny Bulldogs put themselves in the Class 3A playoffs Friday night with a 41-8 District 29-3A victory over Needville.

The victory moves the Bulldogs (6-4, 2-2) into the Class 3A Division II bi-district round against Sinton at 7 p.m. next Saturday in Victoria.

“It feels great,” Sweeny coach Brett Sawyer said. “I’ve always told the kids the key is to get in the playoffs. Everyone is 0-0 right now. This is where we need to be playing our best on every play.”

Sweeny had one of its best offensive games of the season as it rolled up 451 yards. The Bulldogs had 319 yards rushing, including 173 on six carries from running back Dante Lemons, who had four touchdowns on the ground.

“I always tell our players that when they get their chance to get in the game, to take advantage of it,” Sawyer said. “Dante took advantage of the opportunity he had. The one run he had (76-yard run before the end of the first half) was one of the best runs I’ve ever seen.”
Sweeny’s defense limited Needville to 168 yards and picked up three turnovers.
Needville held a 2-0 early when a punt snap went over the head of Sweeny’s Jordan Limas and through the end zone for a safety with 5:46 left in the first quarter.
Sweeny answered with 71-yard drive to take the lead for good. Lemons finished it off with his first jaunt into the end zone from 25 yards out with 44 seconds left in the first quarter to put the Bulldogs up 6-2.
After Javian Baugh stopped a Needville drive with an interception at the Sweeny 25, it didn’t take long for the Bulldogs to extend their lead.
Craig Bell, who finished the game with 101 yards rushing, scored on a 61-yard run with 7:07 left in the first half to help put Sweeny up 13-2.
Then just before the half, Lemons broke several tackles on his way to paydirt from 76 yards out with 17 seconds left before intermission to give Sweeny a 20-2 lead.
Lemons continued his big game in the third quarter when he scored on a 55-yard run with 9:22 left in the period. He later went into the end zone from 5 yards out with 5:07 left in the third to put Sweeny up 34-2.
Bell capped the scoring for the Bulldogs with 3:52 left in the third quarter when he scored from 24 yards out to put Sweeny up 41-2.

© 2011 The Facts. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

Discuss
Print
ShareShare

Posted in West of brazos, Sports, High school football, Local sports on Saturday, November 5, 2011 2:00 am. Updated: 2:59 am.

More...
necksbacker
Begin typing here...
Share on FacebookShare on Twitter

Latest Video
Most Popular Stocks
Stories

Police beat
Woman forced into car, sexually assaulted, police say
Police Beat for Nov. 3, 2011
Downtown project to go on hiatus
BWA gets moving on water plan

Photos
Videos
Top Ads

ORTHODONTIST OFFICE seeking cross trained

EXPERIENCED DIESEL Mechanic needed. Heavy

MACHINIST, CNC Lathe or Mill, 2 plus years

More Top Jobs
Sections

Home
News
Sports
Obituaries
Opinion
Brazos Living
Milestones
Columns
Police
Photographs
Weather

Services

About Us
Contact Us
Personnel
Place An Ad
Home Delivery
Subscription Services
NIE
Newsstand Locations
Submission Forms
Site Index
Add Search Toolbar

Contact us

thefacts.com

The Facts
Phone: 979-237-0100
E-mail: support@thefacts.com
Address:
720 S. Main St.
Clute, TX 77531
Search

Search in:
All
News
Brazos Living
Sports
Opinion
Milestones
Obituaries
© Copyright 2011, The Facts, Clute, TX | Terms of Use

SNI Logo

WTH are you talking about Einstein?

Look at your quote above. You must have some rough cops.

'Necks 2013-14
11-08-2011, 01:30 PM
OMG!! I missed that one completely!! That looks like one for Leno right there!!!! (and they even admitted doing it!!)

pirate4state
11-08-2011, 01:34 PM
I'm working to clear my schedule for this one. Really want a M&G at the game.:wave:

but I've already met you and know all the Sinton peeps :p LOL

SHSBulldog00
11-08-2011, 02:43 PM
but I've already met you and know all the Sinton peeps :p LOL

Yeah but it would be fun to visit again. Hopefully the Sinton Fans won't be like Robstown's.

SintonFan
11-08-2011, 07:56 PM
OMG!! I missed that one completely!! That looks like one for Leno right there!!!! (and they even admitted doing it!!)

Imma gonna stay down here... :D

SHSBulldog00
11-08-2011, 10:26 PM
Imma gonna stay down here... :D

It's not as bad as the paper makes it out. But if you are told to stay away from certain area's you better.

SHSBulldog00
11-08-2011, 10:30 PM
I have seen a little on Sinton. Sinton is a solid team but I feel Sweeny could win this game if we stay focused on the Pirates. Whoever it may be that advances will play for a few more weeks IMO.

pirate4state
11-08-2011, 10:42 PM
I have seen a little on Sinton. Sinton is a solid team but I feel Sweeny could win this game if we stay focused on the Pirates. Whoever it may be that advances will play for a few more weeks IMO. :confused: who else would you be focused on!?!? I said it earlier and I'll say it again...it will be a close game.

SHSBulldog00
11-08-2011, 10:49 PM
:confused: who else would you be focused on!?!? I said it earlier and I'll say it again...it will be a close game.

The last few weeks I have seen some burnout during our games. I hope that doesn't continue.

pirate4state
11-08-2011, 10:52 PM
The last few weeks I have seen some burnout during our games. I hope that doesn't continue.

That's too bad. Hope it isn't the case. We won't quit coming at you. Ask your district buddies from Dub-C ;)

SHSBulldog00
11-08-2011, 10:53 PM
That's too bad. Hope it isn't the case. We won't quit coming at you. Ask your district buddies from Dub-C ;)

I wouldn't expect anything less.

Ranger354
11-09-2011, 08:03 AM
I give Sinton's defense the edge..... 28-14 Sinton.

They held Ingelside to 21 points....a team that averaged 51 points a game.!!!! I know the ingelside fans are still upset about that, but its done and gone. Yes, I think Sinton Defense wins this one. And I understand Sinton gets another defensive player back this week from injury that has kept him out the last 4 games including the Ingelside game.

SHSBulldog00
11-09-2011, 10:18 AM
Is this only the 2nd time Sinton and Sweeny have played football? Sinton won the 1st 28-23 I believe??? Don't know didn't get to go in '93.

YTBulldogs
11-09-2011, 10:26 AM
Will there be a M&G at this game? Memorial Stadium provides a nice spot, the stands at the south endzone, opposite from the scoreboard. I like to met a few more 3ADL'ers.

SHSBulldog00
11-09-2011, 10:30 AM
Will there be a M&G at this game? Memorial Stadium provides a nice spot, the stands at the south endzone, opposite from the scoreboard. I like to met a few more 3ADL'ers.

I'm working on that. I have something important during the day. Really trying to make it down there again.

Ranger354
11-09-2011, 10:36 AM
I will be watching the Band.....got to watch my boy even thought I wish the director would let them do something a little different and have fun.

pirate4state
11-09-2011, 11:24 AM
It will depend on how I'm feeling Saturday. Battling a sinus infection.

SintonFan
11-09-2011, 11:28 AM
Looks like a great game shaping up. As has been said, Sinton's defense is very stout and I think will be the difference.
Gotta go with the Pirates by 7!

Go Pirates!!!

ExScoop
11-09-2011, 12:11 PM
Will this game be on the internet on Saturday?

YTBulldogs
11-09-2011, 12:20 PM
It will depend on how I'm feeling Saturday. Battling a sinus infection.

Love to see ya again p4s. Hope you get to feeling better.

baseballcoach13
11-09-2011, 12:28 PM
Sweeny wins by 37 at least. If it was in Sinton, the smell of Fajitas would have at least half of the coaching staff dreaming of 'ritas and fajitas and they would be off thier game.

pirate4state
11-09-2011, 02:27 PM
I will be watching the Band.....got to watch my boy even thought I wish the director would let them do something a little different and have fun. It would be even better if we could convince him to quit playing while we are on offense!!! jeez louise!!

wimbo_pro
11-09-2011, 03:00 PM
Sinton 30, Sweeny 15

2-ONES
11-09-2011, 03:48 PM
Sweeny 24 .......... Sinton 10

wimbo_pro
11-09-2011, 03:53 PM
Sweeny 24 .......... Sinton 10
Yikes....I can see you picking Sweeny, but do you really think Sweeny can hold Sinton to only 10 points? I dunno, man. I think Sinton will score at least 21 or so, meaning a much closer game, even if Sweeny wins. Just my thoughts as an "outsider" in this one!

2-ONES
11-09-2011, 03:58 PM
Just my thoughts as an insider.

Ranger354
11-09-2011, 04:00 PM
It would be even better if we could convince him to quit playing while we are on offense!!! jeez louise!!

I don't know that he has ever been asked. He kinda does his own thing from what I can tell. The band makes noise, but not so much as to keep the offense from hearing the play calling and such IMO. Calls are late due to the coaches not the band.

And if you child was in band you would want them to play all the time.

I wish the fans were more VOCAL as a group. West Columbia came is to Sinton last year and their fans were united. They all yelled together. Just as Ingelside did this year. I think that is more intimidating then the band. Synchronized yells Intimidate. Go Maroon!!!!!

wimbo_pro
11-09-2011, 04:00 PM
Just my thoughts as an insider.

LOL...good enough. Good luck!

Dub-C
11-09-2011, 04:05 PM
This game has me Riding the fence, I can't make a decision either way. I know Sinton has proven themselves this year, job well done PIRATES. Sweeny has a good team also, IMO they haven't played to their potential in every game so that's what has me wondering. The DAWGS could sneak up the Pirates. Just can't wait to see how this plays out. Good Luck to both teams.

SHSBulldog00
11-09-2011, 04:40 PM
After some serious thought

21-17 Sweeny

pirate4state
11-09-2011, 04:52 PM
I don't know that he has ever been asked. He kinda does his own thing from what I can tell. The band makes noise, but not so much as to keep the offense from hearing the play calling and such IMO. Calls are late due to the coaches not the band.

And if you child was in band you would want them to play all the time.

I wish the fans were more VOCAL as a group. West Columbia came is to Sinton last year and their fans were united. They all yelled together. Just as Ingelside did this year. I think that is more intimidating then the band. Synchronized yells Intimidate. Go Maroon!!!!!

I'm not gonna get into a debate about band. They are there as a support function and to entertain at half-time.

I do agree that we should be more vocal. I don't always yell, but my cowbell is usually going in full force!

BlueThunder5
11-09-2011, 04:53 PM

I agree with you on that synchronized yells are definitely more intimidating than the band it also gets players pumped up. Ingleside has been getting better with the synchronized yells this year than in years past.

YTBulldogs
11-09-2011, 04:56 PM
I agree with you on that synchronized yells are definitely more intimidating than the band it also gets players pumped up. Ingleside has been getting better with the synchronized yells this year than in years past.

Gilmer has the best fan involvement yells. It's scary loud. They drowned out the "Go Mean Green" helmet man from Cuero last year. And, I can hear that man in Yoakum when Cuero has a home game.:)

pirate4state
11-09-2011, 04:57 PM
This game has me Riding the fence, I can't make a decision either way. I know Sinton has proven themselves this year, job well done PIRATES. Sweeny has a good team also, IMO they haven't played to their potential in every game so that's what has me wondering. The DAWGS could sneak up the Pirates. Just can't wait to see how this plays out. Good Luck to both teams. I promise you they won't sneak up on us. I can't express how well coached our kids are. They will be prepared for this game. Whether or not they execute the game plan is yet to be determined, but I don't have any reason to think they won't, as they have the previous 9 weeks. GO PIRATES GO!!!

BlueThunder5
11-09-2011, 05:03 PM
I didn't think anybody could get louder than Cuero they are very intimidating when you play them. I could only imagine what Gilmer would sound like being louder than Cuero.

pirate4state
11-09-2011, 05:09 PM
Back during Liberty Hill's back-to-back runs they were the most fun fans to sit with! Great fan involvement with synchronized yells/cheers! :clap: :2thumbsup

YTBulldogs
11-09-2011, 05:09 PM
I didn't think anybody could get louder than Cuero they are very intimidating when you play them. I could only imagine what Gilmer would sound like being louder than Cuero.

Gilmer fan's cause you to get dizzy on the opposite stands, with all their together movements at the same time while blaring out yells. Amazing.

Epicpirates
11-09-2011, 11:06 PM
I can vouch for the cowbell! I can always find you in the crowd. :) I do get frustrated with the lack of yelling. I do my best to get my section pumped up. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.

truebluestang
11-10-2011, 08:33 AM
Sinton's defense will be the difference in this game. They are great tacklers and swarm to the ball well. Sweeny will not be able to move the ball- just like WC in the 2nd half last year. Sinton wins 28-13.

Phil C
11-10-2011, 10:19 AM

Count me in if we have it.

scrub c
11-10-2011, 11:41 AM
Sinton's defense will be the difference in this game. They are great tacklers and swarm to the ball well. Sweeny will not be able to move the ball- just like WC in the 2nd half last year. Sinton wins 28-13.

Yeah, if they can adjust to Sweeny's speed, they will have a chance; However, I think sweeny will be able to move the ball.

pancho villa
11-10-2011, 11:43 AM
Yeah, if they can adjust to Sweeny's speed, they will have a chance; However, I think sweeny will be able to move the ball.

The only team with more speed than Sweeny around here is UH.

SintonFan
11-10-2011, 11:48 AM
I can vouch for the cowbell! I can always find you in the crowd. :) I do get frustrated with the lack of yelling. I do my best to get my section pumped up. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.

Welcome to the board!

The problem with Sinton is we expect to win and don't too excited unless it's a big game or the playoffs. The cheerleaders try to get us yelling together but there are alot of shy people, too.

I miss the feet "rumbling" we used to do with the bleachers. I remember back in the early 90's to early 2000's it was so loud I wondered if we were going to bring the stands down. :eek:

SintonFan_inAustin
11-10-2011, 12:28 PM
The only team with more speed than Sweeny around here is UH.UH has nothing for university of Refugio!

SintonFan_inAustin
11-10-2011, 12:33 PM
Welcome to the board!

The problem with Sinton is we expect to win and don't too excited unless it's a big game or the playoffs. The cheerleaders try to get us yelling together but there are alot of shy people, too.

I miss the feet "rumbling" we used to do with the bleachers. I remember back in the early 90's to early 2000's it was so loud I wondered if we were going to bring the stands down. :eek:you nailed it SintonFan. That first game of the year was a bring back to reality for Sinton fans and didn't hear the fans as loud and involve in a game this season til late in the 4th qtr against Orange Grove, mainly to some bad calls against Sinton. I think that has been the most invloved time the fans have been into a game. Ingleside was mainly just the last couple of mins when the fans got into the game.

Its hard to eat, text message, be on the phone or chatting and watch a football game! :)

SintonFan_inAustin
11-10-2011, 12:36 PM
Yeah, if they can adjust to Sweeny's speed, they will have a chance; However, I think sweeny will be able to move the ball.If Sinton can avoid getting beat on trick plays or blown coverages, they'll control the this game defensively. Sweeny is going to have to pass to move the ball.

pirate4state
11-10-2011, 01:40 PM
Yeah, if they can adjust to Sweeny's speed, they will have a chance; However, I think sweeny will be able to move the ball. they can move the ball all the want between the 20s ;)

StangEm
11-10-2011, 01:57 PM
Sinton walks off with this one by 21.
:iagree:.....maybe more

Manso/V8
11-10-2011, 01:58 PM
The only team with more speed than Sweeny around here is UH.
Sweeny didn't seem faster than Bellville.

'Necks 2013-14
11-10-2011, 02:15 PM
I will say this. If Sinton can slow down, not stop totally, but slow down soph. RB #22 for Sweeny, they may win. But I can tell you this for sure, Dante is a BEAST and I am NOT looking forward to my 'Necks having to play him the next two years!! Would not hurt my feelings if he moved BACK to WC.:)

SHSBulldog00
11-10-2011, 02:44 PM
No one has mentioned this yet but Special Teams could play a big factor in the outcome.

SintonFan_inAustin
11-10-2011, 02:48 PM
No one has mentioned this yet but Special Teams could play a big factor in the outcome.Most teams punt away from or kick away from Sinton #20 Keith Garcia. Averaging 45+ yds per return when he gets a shot at it. Punting is pretty good and kicking not as strong but adequate. coverages have been good with the exception of couple of good returns on them but Sinton hasn't given up a return punt or kick for a td this season.

SHSBulldog00
11-10-2011, 02:55 PM
Most teams punt away from or kick away from Sinton #20 Keith Garcia. Averaging 45+ yds per return when he gets a shot at it. Punting is pretty good and kicking not as strong but adequate. coverages have been good with the exception of couple of good returns on them but Sinton hasn't given up a return punt or kick for a td this season.

I saw Sinton kick short to Ingleside so I expect the same vs. Sweeny.

SintonFan_inAustin
11-10-2011, 02:59 PM
I saw Sinton kick short to Ingleside so I expect the same vs. Sweeny.yes a good chance since they don't know much about Sweeny and depending on how the game is going.

pirate4state
11-10-2011, 03:02 PM
No one has mentioned this yet but Special Teams could play a big factor in the outcome.

Yes, it could.

pirate4state
11-10-2011, 03:04 PM
yes a good chance since they don't know much about Sweeny and depending on how the game is going. huh?

SHSBulldog00
11-10-2011, 03:04 PM
Anyone going to the Rio Hondo/Lyford game Friday?

I see RH winning.

SintonFan_inAustin
11-10-2011, 03:08 PM
huh? When Sinton has been up by a bit they do kick it off normal. pay attention to the details P4S :)

Thats jmo and my take on how i've seen it this season.

SintonFan_inAustin
11-10-2011, 03:09 PM
Anyone going to the Rio Hondo/Lyford game Friday?

I see RH winning.i most likely going to Port Isabel vs Orange Grove, i think it'll be a better game.

SHSBulldog00
11-10-2011, 03:13 PM

Count me in if we have it.

I am off Saturday so I WILL be there.

SHSBulldog00
11-10-2011, 03:14 PM
i most likely going to Port Isabel vs Orange Grove, i think it'll be a better game.

:iagree:

SintonFan_inAustin
11-10-2011, 03:22 PM
I am off Saturday so I WILL be there.i will make an attempt to be there.

pirate4state
11-10-2011, 03:50 PM
When Sinton has been up by a bit they do kick it off normal. pay attention to the details P4S :)

Thats jmo and my take on how i've seen it this season.

i do pay attention. lol
i was confused by "...since they don't know much about Sweeny..." --- who is they?!

sinton legacy77
11-10-2011, 05:13 PM
Anybody know if the game is going to be broadcast live via internet radio? Sure would like to listen to my Sinton Pirates get a playoff W!!

SintonFan_inAustin
11-10-2011, 05:47 PM
Anybody know if the game is going to be broadcast live via internet radio? Sure would like to listen to my Sinton Pirates get a playoff W!!haven't seen anything yet if it is. Hopefully somebody does.

SintonFan_inAustin
11-10-2011, 05:48 PM
i do pay attention. lol
i was confused by "...since they don't know much about Sweeny..." --- who is they?!lol, k maybe a little bit out in left field with that.

SHSBulldog00
11-10-2011, 05:55 PM
Anybody know if the game is going to be broadcast live via internet radio? Sure would like to listen to my Sinton Pirates get a playoff W!!

I am waiting to see if 92.5 out of Bay City will carry it this Saturday.

Dogs_21
11-10-2011, 06:08 PM
Besides the loss to Wharton Sweeny has lost to some good teams.Dont take the games they lost as flukes! Cant wait until Saturday.. Im riding Sweeny Blue All THE Way! Lets Go Dogs! Lets Go Necks tonight!

sinfan75
11-10-2011, 07:47 PM
The bottom line is Sinton has to win time of possession and score points. Sinton is very small on defense and very good but if they're on the field too long with Sweeny's size and speed ... bye bye birdy!! Still sayin Sweeny by 10.

Epicpirates
11-10-2011, 08:21 PM
The bottom line is Sinton has to win time of possession and score points. Sinton is very small on defense and very good but if they're on the field too long with Sweeny's size and speed ... bye bye birdy!! Still sayin Sweeny by 10.

I don't know. It'll be pretty hard for Sweeny to to stay quick all game long when they're getting pounded time and time again. The Pirate's defense did a heck of job keeping Ingleside's offense in check. I don't know where they get their energy, but they always seem to find a little extra when they need it.

Epicpirates
11-10-2011, 08:23 PM
Welcome to the board!

I miss the feet "rumbling" we used to do with the bleachers. I remember back in the early 90's to early 2000's it was so loud I wondered if we were going to bring the stands down. :eek:

Thanks for the welcome! ;)

pirate4state
11-10-2011, 08:31 PM
I don't know. It'll be pretty hard for Sweeny to to stay quick all game long when they're getting pounded time and time again. The Pirate's defense did a heck of job keeping Ingleside's offense in check. I don't know where they get their energy, but they always seem to find a little extra when they need it. :wave: WELCOME!!! FINALLY!!! ;)

Epicpirates
11-10-2011, 09:04 PM
:wave: WELCOME!!! FINALLY!!! ;)

I can't wait to "mix it up" with y'all!

sinfan75
11-10-2011, 10:16 PM
I don't know. It'll be pretty hard for Sweeny to to stay quick all game long when they're getting pounded time and time again. The Pirate's defense did a heck of job keeping Ingleside's offense in check. I don't know where they get their energy, but they always seem to find a little extra when they need it. Two different offenses. As I said if Sinton don't control the clock and score points They lose!!! Speed kills when the defense gets tired!

SHSBulldog00
11-10-2011, 10:19 PM
:iagree: Very true

SintonFan
11-10-2011, 10:28 PM
Two different offenses. As I said if Sinton don't control the clock and score points They lose!!! Speed kills when the defense gets tired!

lol

If ANY team don't score points They lose! :eek:
ok ok they might tie but this shouldn't be the case lol

Defensive speed(and stoutness) can tire out the offense!

Go Pirates!!! Tame the Bulldogs!!!

SHSBulldog00
11-10-2011, 10:32 PM
I can't wait for a great game Saturday night!!!!!

SintonFan_inAustin
11-10-2011, 11:11 PM
Sinton defense will control this matchup, if Sweeny can't pass it's going to be a long day for the Bulldogs.

Ranger354
11-11-2011, 11:15 AM
Page 2.....? Today is Friday and this thread slipped to page 2?

YTBulldogs
11-11-2011, 11:29 AM
I know I have missed numerous post's on this thread, and too lazy to scroll back.

Is there a M&G set up?

SHSBulldog00
11-11-2011, 12:09 PM
I know I have missed numerous post's on this thread, and too lazy to scroll back.

Is there a M&G set up?

I will be at the end zone opposite of the scoreboard at half.

SHSBulldog00
11-11-2011, 12:22 PM
For those of you from Sweeny and Sinton who are heading to Los Fresnos tonight have a safe trip.

SintonFan_inAustin
11-11-2011, 12:25 PM
For those of you from Sweeny and Sinton who are heading to Los Fresnos tonight have a safe trip.I'm heading out to Edinburgh i think that is a few mins closer than Los Fresnos for PI/OG game. 3 1/2 hrs of sleep last night from the trip up north and now another long trip but now down south. Glad Sinton/Sweeny game isn't til 7 pm saturday.

SintonFan_inAustin
11-11-2011, 12:25 PM
I will be at the end zone opposite of the scoreboard at half.sounds good

SHSBulldog00
11-11-2011, 12:26 PM
sounds good

Halftime?

SHSBulldog00
11-11-2011, 12:28 PM
I'm heading out to Edinburgh i think that is a few mins closer than Los Fresnos for PI/OG game. 3 1/2 hrs of sleep last night from the trip up north and now another long trip but now down south. Glad Sinton/Sweeny game isn't til 7 pm saturday.

Safe trip for you to Edinburgh tonight SFIA see you Saturday.

YTBulldogs
11-11-2011, 12:32 PM
Halftime?

Sounds good SHS. Look forward to meeting you and others.

SHSBulldog00
11-11-2011, 12:39 PM
Looks like Sinton is loaded with SR's and JR's.

Sweeny has 26 SR's but only about 15 get significant playing time

pirate4state
11-11-2011, 01:21 PM
Looks like Sinton is loaded with SR's and JR's.

Sweeny has 26 SR's but only about 15 get significant playing time

More JRs than Srs I think, but I could be wrong lol.

If I feel up to it I'll meet yall at half-time.

SHSBulldog00
11-11-2011, 01:25 PM
More JRs than Srs I think, but I could be wrong lol.

If I feel up to it I'll meet yall at half-time.

Hope you feel better soon.

BrahmaMom
11-11-2011, 01:28 PM
Best of luck, Pirates, a great program with class and tradition!

Dogs_21
11-11-2011, 03:39 PM
Reading in the local paper today and I saw that Sweeny will be go with a new QB, not
Sophmore Darland Fields....I think they should stick with what they came with honestly but we shall see.

SHSBulldog00
11-11-2011, 03:41 PM
Reading in the local paper today and I saw that Sweeny will be go with a new QB, not
Sophmore Darland Fields....I think they should stick with what they came with honestly but we shall see.

I think Dorland @ QB makes us more versatile.

YTBulldogs
11-11-2011, 03:41 PM

Why the change? Regular one hurt, or just a change to change? Odd at this time.

SHSBulldog00
11-11-2011, 03:42 PM
Why the change? Regular one hurt, or just a change to change? Odd at this time.

Dorland is the starter.

SHSBulldog00
11-11-2011, 03:43 PM
Dorland is the starter.

They want to split him out to Receiver.

YTBulldogs
11-11-2011, 03:45 PM
They want to split him out to Receiver. Damn, they better win, or he opened himself up to all types of second guessing. Not good.

Or, he just wants Sinton to get wind of this and have them thinking, preparing for something that isn't going to happen.

SHSBulldog00
11-11-2011, 04:04 PM
Damn, they better win, or he opened himself up to all types of second guessing. Not good.

Or, he just wants Sinton to get wind of this and have them thinking, preparing for something that isn't going to happen.

It will happen.

pirate4state
11-11-2011, 04:09 PM
meh...

SintonFan_inAustin
11-11-2011, 04:11 PM
meh...lol...

SintonFan_inAustin
11-11-2011, 04:13 PM
It will happen.is the qb they're going with a good running qb?

SHSBulldog00
11-11-2011, 04:18 PM
is the qb they're going with a good running qb?

We have over 2,000 yards rushing as a team with Dorland at QB.

SintonFan_inAustin
11-11-2011, 04:22 PM
We have over 2,000 yards rushing as a team with Dorland at QB. how much does the qb have? i'm thinking i know why if he's a runnning qb they made the switch.

pirate4state
11-11-2011, 04:23 PM
We have over 2,000 yards rushing as a team with Dorland at QB. what # is he?

sinton66
11-11-2011, 04:26 PM
They want to split him out to Receiver. They're going to split Lemon out?

SHSBulldog00
11-11-2011, 04:26 PM
how much does the qb have? i'm thinking i know why if he's a runnning qb they made the switch.

Don't know exactly but it's a couple 100.

We have 5 players in the top 13 in District. Our RB from last year Craig Bell leads with over 800 yards.

SintonFan_inAustin
11-11-2011, 04:30 PM
Don't know exactly but it's a couple 100.

We have 5 players in the top 13 in District. Our RB from last year Craig Bell leads with over 800 yards.running backs have a hard time against Sinton this season, only the qb's that could run have ran for over 100 yds against Sinton. Didn't see the Goliad game but other than RF Mendiola who managed to just get over a 100 yds with alot of carries, the next highest total by a rb was 39 yards. But Sinton has given up 100 yds rushing to some running qbs.

SHSBulldog00
11-11-2011, 04:30 PM
what # is he?

He is #2

They're going to split Lemon out?

#11 Tre Lemon Graduated last year. Soph Dante Lemons is one of our RB's. Don't think they are related. Dogs 21 can you clarify?

yellaseeker
11-11-2011, 05:10 PM

Dang, I wish I could make this game to see how this adjustment works out for them. Could be a good answer to Sinton's tough run defense but vulnerability to a passing game. I look for them to keep the passing game short and depend on yards after the catch. May also see a few pitch passes as well. Somebody please post updates on the game. Is it gonna be broadcasted anywhere?

Dogs_21
11-11-2011, 05:17 PM
I think Dorland @ QB makes us more versatile.

I agree! :clap:

Dogs_21
11-11-2011, 05:22 PM
we don't pass the ball as good as we did last year because Tre Lemon had over 1,600 in the air this year it's less. But I can say this I know Sinton defense will be tough but I will put my last on that this is the fastest team they have seen all year.

2-ONES
11-11-2011, 09:07 PM
we don't pass the ball as good as we did last year because Tre Lemon had over 1,600 in the air this year it's less. But I can say this I know Sinton defense will be tough but I will put my last on that this is the fastest team they have seen all year.

We? Have you even made it to one game this year?

SHSBulldog00
11-11-2011, 11:25 PM
Let's Go Dog's!!!!!! Let's Keep Attacking!!!!!!

Roughneck93
11-11-2011, 11:26 PM
Let's get the sweep!!!

Dub-C
11-11-2011, 11:27 PM
gata dog's

SintonFan
11-11-2011, 11:28 PM
Let's get the sweep!!!

Not gonna happen! ;)

Dogs_21
11-11-2011, 11:49 PM
@ SHSBulldog00 yes I have made it to some of the games and we don't have that good of a pass game I just keep it real. Trust me I'm a true dog fan but I love the game and state the facts

SHSBulldog00
11-11-2011, 11:51 PM
@ SHSBulldog00 yes I have made it to some of the games and we don't have that good of a pass game I just keep it real. Trust me I'm a true dog fan but I love the game and state the facts

That was 2 Ones that said that.

Dogs_21
11-11-2011, 11:55 PM
lol sorry !!!! Lets Go Dogs thats all that matters!

SHSBulldog00
11-11-2011, 11:56 PM
Sweeny and D29 are ready for Saturday.

http://youtu.be/RM8TMjUDIK4

http://youtu.be/VigbSoo0FEY

SHSBulldog00
11-11-2011, 11:57 PM
lol sorry !!!! Lets Go Dogs thats all that matters!

We're good

SintonFan_inAustin
11-12-2011, 12:03 AM
Sinton hasn't lost at Victoria that i can remember, i'm sure we have but it's been a long time. Sweeny better bring it, because Sinton is.

Dogs_21
11-12-2011, 12:11 AM
I love the atmosphere of this thread! Can I Say "LETS GET READY TO RUMBLE"...lol

SintonFan_inAustin
11-12-2011, 12:15 AM
I love the atmosphere of this thread! Can I Say "LETS GET READY TO RUMBLE"...lolyep lol. We haven't face each other before in a long time, most don't remember that game, but i do. That was also a close game and remember Sweeny having lots of speed and Sinton mainly just a run team back then. Sinton offense isn't high power but have some toughness, Sinton team has rely mostly on defense and special teams.

Dogs_21
11-12-2011, 12:19 AM
Oh I remember and y'all had A RB named Arthur or something???

SHSBulldog00
11-12-2011, 12:24 AM
yep lol. We haven't face each other before in a long time, most don't remember that game, but i do. That was also a close game and remember Sweeny having lots of speed and Sinton mainly just a run team back then. Sinton offense isn't high power but have some toughness, Sinton team has rely mostly on defense and special teams.

Sinton is not flashy but they are very disciplined and very well coached.

pirate4state
11-12-2011, 12:26 AM
Oh I remember and y'all had A RB named Arthur or something???

I don't know if we ever had an Arthur? I think we played yall in 1993? That was after my time and when I didn't care about HS football :eek: :o

See yall tomorrow!!! WE READY!!

Saggy Aggie
11-12-2011, 12:38 AM
Clean sweep against D30!!

Then another clean sweep against D31/32!!

lol

pirate4state
11-12-2011, 12:39 AM

lol

:tisk: not so fast my friend

SHSBulldog00
11-12-2011, 12:42 AM

lol

One game at a time.

SHSBulldog00
11-12-2011, 09:40 AM
Gameday!!!!

Sinton94
11-12-2011, 09:49 AM
What a great day/night for FOOTBALL! Stick to the game plan guys...E H A P U Y H T I T M!

GO PIRATES!

#86:thumbsup:

pancho villa
11-12-2011, 09:51 AM
What a great day/night for FOOTBALL! Remember the game plan guys.........E H A P U Y H T I T M!

GO PIRATES!

#86:thumbsup:

Is this game being broadcast?

SHSBulldog00
11-12-2011, 09:53 AM
Is this game being broadcast?

No, not that I'm aware of. About the only Sweeny games that are broadcast are against BC and WC.

SintonFan_inAustin
11-12-2011, 09:55 AM
Gameday!!!!http://fc09.deviantart.net/fs18/f/2007/178/3/5/Sabotager_no_3_by_Mrcrapinson.gif

SHSBulldog00
11-12-2011, 09:57 AM
http://fc09.deviantart.net/fs18/f/2007/178/3/5/Sabotager_no_3_by_Mrcrapinson.gif

Cute:)

OK we have talked about Sinton's D headed by MLB Castro, what about our D? We have a pretty darn good MLB too.

SintonFan_inAustin
11-12-2011, 10:06 AM
Cute:)

OK we have talked about Sinton's D headed by MLB Castro, what about our D? We have a pretty darn good MLB too.Sinton does have a freshman at qb so this is something new to him on how he'll handle it. How is Sweeny against the run and pass?

99IHSMustang
11-12-2011, 10:11 AM
Cmon pirates... Keep the torch alive.

SHSBulldog00
11-12-2011, 10:12 AM
Sinton does have a freshman at qb so this is something new to him on how he'll handle it. How is Sweeny against the run and pass?

We will see early tonight. If they are aggressive it could be a defensive battle. If they play passive it could be the other way. We have several players back from last years defense.

We held WC's Sean Flannel to 103 yds and Floyd Bess to less.

Roughneck93
11-12-2011, 10:15 AM
Sweeny by 7. Go Dogs!!!

SintonFan_inAustin
11-12-2011, 10:17 AM
We will see early tonight. If they are aggressive it could be a defensive battle. If they play passive it could be the other way. We have several players back from last years defense.

We held WC's Sean Flannel to 103 yds and Floyd Bess to less. These were totals last year against Columbia for Sinton, Sinton returns good portion of the defense.

RUSHING — Sinton, Keith Garcia 15-113, Carson Cave 24-87. WC, Floyd Bess 5-47, Daymond Lewis 18-134, Sean Flannel 12-21, Broderick Thomas 2-18, Treylon Johnican 1-16

That is kind of what Sinton has done this year, stop the running backs but susceptible to the qb running with it.

SintonFan_inAustin
11-12-2011, 10:23 AM
Cmon pirates... Keep the torch alive.Pirates will sure give it their best shot on carrying the district 30 flag against these pesky district 29 foes. I give district 29 alot of credit, they have speed we don't normally see but just have to adjust and figure out how to keep it from hitting a big one.

SHSBulldog00
11-12-2011, 10:59 AM
Roll Call for the Meet & Greet at Halftime

The End Zone Opposite the Scoreboard

I will be wearing a black shirt and or jacket with a blue Sweeny hat.

Any other Sweeny posters going to come down at half?

SHSBulldog00
11-12-2011, 11:01 AM
Pirates will sure give it their best shot on carrying the district 30 flag against these pesky district 29 foes. I give district 29 alot of credit, they have speed we don't normally see but just have to adjust and figure out how to keep it from hitting a big one.

I give a lot of credit to Dostrict 30. You guys are not easy to prepare for. Every team is fundamentally sound. Definitely the Class of the Lower Section of Region IV.

zebrablue2
11-12-2011, 11:05 AM
Good luck to the Pirates today. May you all play injury free, and bring home a W.

Dogs_21
11-12-2011, 11:25 AM
I'm just not sure of our QB change smh! But good luck to both teams and have safe trips to Victoria!

SHSBulldog00
11-12-2011, 11:30 AM
I give a lot of credit to District 30. You guys are not easy to prepare for. Every team is fundamentally sound. Definitely the Class of the Lower Section of Region IV.

I fixed it.

pirate4state
11-12-2011, 12:16 PM
Roll Call for the Meet & Greet at Halftime

The End Zone Opposite the Scoreboard

I will be wearing a black shirt and or jacket with a blue Sweeny hat.

Any other Sweeny posters going to come down at half?

If the wind is too strong I'll be staying in my seat. I am still not at 100%, but I will be there ringin my bell!

SintonFan_inAustin
11-12-2011, 12:31 PM
Sinton vs Sweeny (Caller Times) <---link (http://www.caller.com/news/2011/nov/12/preview-for-saturdays-high-school-playoff-games/?partner=RSS)

Epicpirates
11-12-2011, 12:32 PM

lol

You may "sweep" D31, but they are inferior to D30! No offense to D31. Lol

2-ONES
11-12-2011, 12:36 PM
Good read.

Saggy Aggie
11-12-2011, 12:37 PM
As much as i like Rita and the Sinton people, i gotta go with our district rival. Earlier I said Sinton by 10 and Ingleside by 28 if they're as good as i thought they were, but after seeing Wharton/Ingleside, i have a new found confidence in our district.

Lets go Dogs.

But honestly, I'll be happy for whichever team wins. Good luck to both and safe travels for everyone attending this one.

pirate4state
11-12-2011, 12:38 PM
As much as i like Rita and the Sinton people, i gotta go with our district rival. Earlier I said Sinton by 10 and Ingleside by 28 if they're as good as i thought they were, but after seeing Wharton/Ingleside, i have a new found confidence in our district.

Lets go Dogs.

But honestly, I'll be happy for whichever team wins. Good luck to both and safe travels for everyone attending this one.

No worries. I won't hold it against you. Will you be there?

SintonFan_inAustin
11-12-2011, 12:42 PM

Lets go Dogs.

But honestly, I'll be happy for whichever team wins. Good luck to both and safe travels for everyone attending this one.teams matchup differently. Ingleside had no problems with Rockport Fulton scoring the most against them 49 points. Sinton scored 20 and fumble twice in red zone against Rockport, once at the 2 yd line otherwise it could of been 34-3 Sinton. I'm not taking anything from the scores to decide the outcome of today.

Saggy Aggie
11-12-2011, 12:42 PM
No worries. I won't hold it against you. Will you be there? I wont. Probably gonna go to Baytown and watch WOS-Cleveland. I'll be there in heart though LOL

Saggy Aggie
11-12-2011, 12:45 PM
teams matchup differently. Ingleside had no problems with Rockport Fulton scoring the most against them 49 points. Sinton scored 20 and fumble twice in red zone against Rockport, once at the 2 yd line otherwise it could of been 34-3 Sinton. I'm not taking anything from the scores to decide the outcome of today. me either. Rockport had a decent rush defense but a crappy pass defense, which is why i think Ingleside torched em. WC also had their best passing game of the season against Rockport. One we started throwing, we pulled away. Took some adjustments, but we got it done. Wharton had a good matchup against Ingleside, but honestly, I hadnt seen the tigers yet this year and they surprised me with how much talent they had. I'm expecting them to blow the doors off OG next week. I think this one will be a barn burner. D 29 , sweeny included is loaded with speed, but Sinton is one of the most well disciplined and well coached teams ive ever had the pleasure of seeing.

Think this ones gonna be a dog fight down to the last minutes, hopefully anyways. :) good luck to everyone.

Epicpirates
11-12-2011, 02:15 PM
What I love the most about our Pirates, is that they NEVER give up. It makes them a joy to watch. It ain't over till it's over, no matter how far behind they seem to fall. I tell people all the time...DONT LEAVE EARLY!

Roughneck93
11-12-2011, 05:15 PM
Yo, I won't be able to go watch Sweeny complete the D29 sweep tonight. So, please keep us updated and good luck to the Bulldogs!!

LH Panther Mom
11-12-2011, 05:34 PM
If the wind is too strong I'll be staying in my seat. I am still not at 100%, but I will be there ringin my bell!
More cowbell!!!!! :D

Necks 1981
11-12-2011, 05:43 PM
Will this game be broadcast on the internet???

lbjacj
11-12-2011, 06:51 PM
Will this game be broadcast on the internet???

anyone???

'Necks 2013-14
11-12-2011, 06:59 PM
anyone???HELLOOOOOO!!! I guess maybe not. :(

LH Panther Mom
11-12-2011, 07:28 PM
HELLOOOOOO!!! I guess maybe not. :(
I'm sure I'll get some updates from p4s. If not.....well... :devil:

YTBulldogs
11-12-2011, 07:36 PM
I'm sure I'll get some updates from p4s. If not.....well... :devil:

Thanks LH. I was set to go to this one, then the wife had a different idea and needed something else done around here:(

Wish she had told me this yesterday, and I could of had it done instead of going to a playoff game last night, and made sure I was at the Sinton/Sweeny game.

Now, I made it clear to her, have all the honey-do things done before next Friday cause I'm going to the Wim/Gonzo game. Period.

LH Panther Mom
11-12-2011, 07:44 PM
Now, I made it clear to her, have all the honey-do things done before next Friday cause I'm going to the Wim/Gonzo game. Period.
LOL! Let me know how that works out for ya! :D

YTBulldogs
11-12-2011, 07:50 PM
LOL! Let me know how that works out for ya! :D

I'll cut her off:p

yellaseeker
11-12-2011, 07:56 PM
I opened a new thread for score updates. Can someone at the game please keep us updated.