PDA

View Full Version : Celina vs Sanger

orange machine
11-05-2011, 11:40 AM
I think Celina wins, but it will be close I say 35 - 27 and I think Sanger could upset Celina if the Bobcats don't bring their A game.Celina made some changes on defense and I like what I saw last night against Commerce from the defense.

wimbo_pro
11-05-2011, 11:44 AM
I think Celina wins, but it will be close I say 35 - 27 and I think Sanger could upset Celina if the Bobcats don't bring their A game.Celina made some changes on defense and I like what I saw last night against Commerce from the defense.

I know nothing of either team this year...except this. Be afraid of Celina when it comes to play off time. Be very afraid.

orange machine
11-05-2011, 11:59 AM
I'll say this it's playoff time and with that should come a sense of urgency. Celina hasn't needed that urgency since week 2. Celina has the horses to get to the title and I'm hoping that now the playoffs are here the beast will be unleashed. If Celina brings it with the talent they have they will be playing for the title.

regaleagle
11-05-2011, 12:09 PM
I know of both teams. Dane Evans at qb and Squires at rb make for a formidable threat for any defense. Evans is deadly accurate as a passer, and his recievers are very capable. And Squires is like Lowry for Argyle last year. DO NOT underestimate the quality of this team, just because the Argyle defense was able to keep them from outscoring us. Remember, Argyle's strength is our Defense. We also happen to have a great qb and pretty darn good offense as well. Just because we lost to a very good Prosper team on homecoming in no reason to discount our team quality in beating Sanger on Thurs. It was a big win for us, and Sanger will pose a difficult match for Celina's D, I promise you. Ball control, Celina,,,ball control. The Evans-Squires combo on offense will score, score, score. Everybody should tune in to this game next week. It is a toss-up in my mind. I have no idea how it will turn out.

OldNavy
11-05-2011, 12:15 PM
I know of both teams. Dane Evans at qb and Squires at rb make for a formidable threat for any defense. Evans is deadly accurate as a passer, and his recievers are very capable. And Squires is like Lowry for Argyle last year. DO NOT underestimate the quality of this team, just because the Argyle defense was able to keep them from outscoring us. Remember, Argyle's strength is our Defense. We also happen to have a great qb and pretty darn good offense as well. Just because we lost to a very good Prosper team on homecoming in no reason to discount our team quality in beating Sanger on Thurs. It was a big win for us, and Sanger will pose a difficult match for Celina's D, I promise you. Ball control, Celina,,,ball control. The Evans-Squires combo on offense will score, score, score. Everybody should tune in to this game next week. It is a toss-up in my mind. I have no idea how it will turn out.

I understand what your saying. Argyle is great and Celina is equal to Sanger. Got ya.

Leopard4Life
11-05-2011, 12:16 PM
I know nothing of either team this year...except this. Be afraid of Celina when it comes to play off time. Be very afraid.

Isn't that what everyone said last year?

orange machine
11-05-2011, 12:26 PM
I think it will be a tough game for Celina to win if the current trend continues, but and I haven't said this a whole lot. I think 1. Celina has played down to their competition this year because the only game that Celina had to fight back from behind to win was against Prestonwood and that was a dog fight. 2. Where it seems most of the high ranked teams are blowing out their competition Celina really hasn't scoreboard wise because they are trying and looking at different things. Celina will be fine hide and watch!

regaleagle
11-05-2011, 12:26 PM
I really don't know, Old Navy, how good Celina really is. I just know that this Sanger team has the capabilities of beating very good teams, like Argyle for example. Coach Rodgers seemed to be very pleased with the way our boys played against Sanger in our gameplan. He knows more about the team, its shortcomings and strengths, and the quality of the opponent better than most of us.

bobcat1
11-05-2011, 12:27 PM
Isn't that what everyone said last year?Yes, and Celina was better than what you got that night last year. So it is true on any given night Team A can beat Team B. Things could have been real bad for Commerce last night but 3 ints that were no fault of the Freshman QB gave them what they took with the exception of the safety. Sanger is an offensive juggernaut when given time. Celina is a ball control offense for the most part but can score quickly also. Time of possesion will be a key Friday but not the main key.

orange machine
11-05-2011, 12:29 PM
Isn't that what everyone said last year?
Not trying to be rude, but if Celina and LJ meet in round 2 y'all will get destroyed believe me.

regaleagle
11-05-2011, 12:40 PM
So, Bobcat1, you are saying your D will be the determining factor and win the night, right? That would be my assessment of the Achilles heel of Sanger. Get some stops, the lead, and let your D win the fight. How is your D this year, anyway?

orange machine
11-05-2011, 03:22 PM
The d is better after last night that's for sure.

Bullaholic
11-05-2011, 03:27 PM
After watching Sanger against Argyle, I think their personality is much like the Bulls---they can move the football on nearly everybody, but they have trouble with the more athletic and physical teams. The 3 games the Bulls lost during the regular season, Prosper, Alvarado, and Decatur were to very athletic, physical teams. I think Sanger is a lot like the Bulls--Celina is a physical team, so I'm going to say Celina by 10.

orange machine
11-05-2011, 04:36 PM
I didn't really realize how physical the Celina oline was until last night. I watched the oline a lot last night and they get after it. If Sanger isn't physical then they will have a tough time.

firstdown
11-05-2011, 05:15 PM
Sanger is over hyped.(great record against bad teams) Dane is great but the rest of the team is average. Sanger plays all their best athletes both ways with the exception of Dane. Celina will blow them away much in the same fashion as last year. Good luck Bobcats.

Leopard4Life
11-05-2011, 05:25 PM
Not trying to be rude, but if Celina and LJ meet in round 2 y'all will get destroyed believe me.

There is page of after page of posts where Celina was going to destroy Lovejoy in 2010, and very few posts of people actually eating crow. There is a chance that these teams will meet in round 2 this year and if they do I'm sure Celina will not look past us. This year Celina seems to have a stronger squad than last year and Lovejoy is going through a reloading year. Odds are Celina wins, but last year when Lovejoy suspended 3 key starters prior to the playoffs and had a few out with injury everyone thought Celina would take Lovejoy easy. It didn't exactly work out that way. It was a huge defensive battle and the final score didn't reflect how close the actual game was.

For now Celina needs to look at their next opponent, Sanger. I was just bringing up the fact that no team should ever look ahead of the team they are facing. It was a poster from another region that made the comment I replied too.

Sanger needs to be respected...

bobcat1
11-05-2011, 05:26 PM
Sanger is over hyped.(great record against bad teams) Dane is great but the rest of the team is average. Sanger plays all their best athletes both ways with the exception of Dane. Celina will blow them away much in the same fashion as last year. Good luck Bobcats.Chanfler Dane is a stud for sure. Watched him throw a pass while being pressured off his back foot right on the numbers for a TD Thursday. Very pretty tight spiral too.

bobcat1
11-05-2011, 05:28 PM
For now Celina needs to look at their next opponent, Sanger. I was just bringing up the fact that no team should ever look ahead of the team they are facing. Sanger needs to be respected...Spot on! At the same time Lovejoy better not be looking past Madison at Celina/Sanger.

bobcat1
11-05-2011, 05:31 PM
So, Bobcat1, you are saying your D will be the determining factor and win the night, right? That would be my assessment of the Achilles heel of Sanger. Get some stops, the lead, and let your D win the fight. How is your D this year, anyway?That is exactly what I am saying. Stops will be the main key.

Leopard4Life
11-05-2011, 05:41 PM
Spot on! At the same time Lovejoy better not be looking past Madison at Celina/Sanger.

We are not, until last night before kickoff we thought we would be playing Wilmer-Huthcins. Both schools have a lot of athletes and speed for days. We are well aware that we will have our hands full.

DavidWooderson
11-05-2011, 06:16 PM
Celina by as many as they want. Argyle showed how to beat Sanger and Celina is better than Argyle.

Bruce
11-05-2011, 08:20 PM
There is page of after page of posts where Celina was going to destroy Lovejoy in 2010, and very few posts of people actually eating crow. There is a chance that these teams will meet in round 2 this year and if they do I'm sure Celina will not look past us. This year Celina seems to have a stronger squad than last year and Lovejoy is going through a reloading year. Odds are Celina wins, but last year when Lovejoy suspended 3 key starters prior to the playoffs and had a few out with injury everyone thought Celina would take Lovejoy easy. It didn't exactly work out that way. It was a huge defensive battle and the final score didn't reflect how close the actual game was.

For now Celina needs to look at their next opponent, Sanger. I was just bringing up the fact that no team should ever look ahead of the team they are facing. It was a poster from another region that made the comment I replied too.

Sanger needs to be respected...

No disrespect to and for the Lovejoy team of last year, and they were good. But one thing about the Bobcats of last year game, the Bobcats looked like cramp and played the same way again Lovejoy.Once again, that's not taking anything away from Lovejoy. Wish both teams the best. Thanks!

CHS_89
11-05-2011, 09:16 PM
Sanger will not stop the Celina running game. Celina advances.

BLACK ATTACK
11-06-2011, 12:00 AM
Celina by as many as they want. Argyle showed how to beat Sanger and Celina is better than Argyle.

Based on what?

RPF2666
11-06-2011, 09:02 AM
Based on on persons opinion...but it is on person who saw both this year...