Roughneck93
11-05-2011, 12:13 PM
The rout is on.

eagleqb_14
11-05-2011, 12:15 PM
31-6 Texas is playing awesome!!!!!

Phil C
11-05-2011, 12:40 PM
You have to remember that Tech has a very explosive offense that may just be waiting for the second half to explode. Scary times indeed. :(

regaleagle
11-05-2011, 12:56 PM
From what I 've seen the last couple of weeks from the Longhorns, they are finally finding their strength this year is the running game. It took them a few games to develop the blocking schemes that would allow for the talented backs to gash a D, but with a freshman qb at the helm, this seems to be the way to wins for now. As the qb position develops more for Ash, a more balanced attack with passing and rushing should pose as more problematic for opposing D's. Obviously, Tech's D is weak against the run, it appears. We shall see what transpires as the games progresses.

Emerson1
11-05-2011, 01:13 PM
120th ranked run defense. Let's see how they do against Mizzou. Hopefully MB is over his turf toe by then.

OldNavy
11-05-2011, 01:25 PM
I'm not seeing Shipley, is he injured?

OldNavy
11-05-2011, 01:33 PM
Never mind, just saw him on the sideline with a knee problem. Hope it is not serious.

Phil C
11-05-2011, 02:09 PM
A good win for Texas. But don't be fooled by the score. It was much closer than the score indicates.

Emerson1
11-05-2011, 03:01 PM
Never mind, just saw him on the sideline with a knee problem. Hope it is not serious.
He is supposed to be back next week. MB didn't play either.

Pendragon13
11-05-2011, 03:53 PM
A good win for Texas. But don't be fooled by the score. It was much closer than the score indicates.Yeah, 32 points is a bit too close for comfort.:eek:

NastySlot
11-05-2011, 05:17 PM
A good win for Texas. But don't be fooled by the score. It was much closer than the score indicates.

your joking right? I just got in from the game and the only time it was close was 3-3...Tech looked good in their first drive but blew it with a penalty.....Then it was all horns.

Phil C
11-05-2011, 07:00 PM
He is supposed to be back next week. MB didn't play either.

I think MB was left out of the game as a precaution. I think he wanted to play so he should be back.

WildTexan972
11-05-2011, 10:27 PM
your joking right? I just got in from the game and the only time it was close was 3-3...Tech looked good in their first drive but blew it with a penalty.....Then it was all horns.

that is his gag - to pretend it was close....fact is the score was much closer than it should have been with the pitiful effort of another Tuberville underachieving team.....Tommy tries for 1 big win a year to use in recruiting and he could care less about the rest of the year.....Tommy is a total fraud and is proving it over the last 2 years....

Fear Tommy's wife - she ran a red light and nearly killed to elderly folks in a Wreck Em Tech special - and she got no ticket.....YOU try running a red light and see what happens!

Aesculus gilmus
11-06-2011, 05:25 AM
that is his gag - to pretend it was close....fact is the score was much closer than it should have been with the pitiful effort of another Tuberville underachieving team.....Tommy tries for 1 big win a year to use in recruiting and he could care less about the rest of the year.....Tommy is a total fraud and is proving it over the last 2 years....

Fear Tommy's wife - she ran a red light and nearly killed to elderly folks in a Wreck Em Tech special - and she got no ticket.....YOU try running a red light and see what happens!

Somewhere the Pirate is smiling tonight. The Texas Tech program just has no charisma without him. I am a UT alum, but I used to sort of follow the Red Raiders as a T-shirt fan, but once they canned Leach on such obviously trumped-up charges, I lost all interest.

slpybear the bullfan
11-07-2011, 12:07 AM

The Horns appreciate your support. ;)

injuredinmelee
11-07-2011, 07:08 AM
Was a fun game to attend. Was my sisters very first live game and despite being 35 she was glwoing like a young child.
As far as the actual game, Techs defense seemed to throw in the towel late 2nd quarter. The offense just didnt seem in sync either. SOme of that was Texas defense but it doesnt seem to me that these kids are playing well for Tommy boy.

NastySlot
11-07-2011, 08:58 AM
The Horns appreciate your support. ;)

oh you re welcome...but I really didn't go to support either...I just enjoy college football (esp. when I get free tix).........was a guest of an Tech Alum.

it s pretty enjoyable to watch games when I don't have "a dog in the fight."