PDA

View Full Version : Gonzales Apaches vs Hondo Owls...playoffs....

Los Owls
11-05-2011, 10:31 AM
Anyword where game will be played at.....:1popcorn:

fire_it_up
11-05-2011, 11:07 AM
We haven't heard yet either.

wimbo_pro
11-05-2011, 11:15 AM
We haven't heard yet either.

Tell me about Gonzales. Offense type? What about D?

lbjacj
11-05-2011, 11:28 AM
Tell me about Gonzales. Offense type? What about D?

They have 5 shutouts on the year!
Here are some results...
http://www.maxpreps.com/high-schools/gonzales-apaches-(gonzales,tx)/football/home.htm

looks impressive but the La Vernia score could be the clue to how well they really are. We dominated the Bears when we played them.

rb585
11-05-2011, 11:52 AM
Best 1st round DII matchup in the state?

Los Owls
11-05-2011, 01:13 PM
Friday night at 7:30pm Northside stadium,San Antonio...

bjrod9
11-05-2011, 01:22 PM
Friday night at 7:30pm Northside stadium,San Antonio...

Sweet! Can't wait!

bjrod9
11-05-2011, 01:24 PM
Sweet! Can't wait!

Is it Gustasfon(Northside)
http://www.texasbob.com/stadium/stadium.php?id=846

Los Owls
11-05-2011, 01:26 PM
is it gustasfon(northside)
http://www.texasbob.com/stadium/stadium.php?id=846

yes...

fire_it_up
11-05-2011, 02:01 PM
Here are some results...
http://www.maxpreps.com/high-schools/gonzales-apaches-(gonzales,tx)/football/home.htm

looks impressive but the La Vernia score could be the clue to how well they really are. We dominated the Bears when we played them.

We also shut out the Gobblers. That's another team we have in common. Yea, we know we are rarely in the playoff mix. Go ahead underestimate us.

Los Owls
11-05-2011, 02:07 PM
We also shut out the Gobblers. That's another team we have in common. Yea, we know we are rarely in the playoff mix. Go ahead underestimate us.

Luv your reply..."Go ahead underestimate us"...

Lombardi
11-05-2011, 02:21 PM
dang some Texan fans are very cocky. You better with it all are your gonna catch much grief on the ole internet
Here are some results...

wimbo_pro
11-05-2011, 03:13 PM
dang some Texan fans are very cocky. You better with it all are your gonna catch much grief on the ole internet

Not ONE Wimberley fan has made a claim or a prediction of winning it all. NOT ONE. The only claim or prediction I have seen is that we should (and I say, we will) win the Region, and meet up with Coldspring, and defeat them (I am the only one who predicts this win). Thats it. No claim of the Big Show at all.

If I'm wrong about the region...I'll admit it, will eat crow...and congratulate the winning team, as we did Hondo in '06. If we win the Region and loss to Coldspring (if they indeed make it)...no better group to lose to than them, and they will have beaten the best we have, but I don't think it's going to happen.

Is that really so bad? What is BAD is when you lose, you blame the refs and make excuses. You won't see that from me.

lbjacj
11-05-2011, 03:20 PM

What?

Los Owls
11-05-2011, 03:23 PM
Not ONE Wimberley fan has made a claim or a prediction of winning it all. NOT ONE. The only claim or prediction I have seen is that we should (and I say, we will) win the Region, and meet up with Coldspring, and defeat them (I am the only one who predicts this win). Thats it. No claim of the Big Show at all.

If I'm wrong about the region...I'll admit it, will eat crow...and congratulate the winning team, as we did Hondo in '06. If we win the Region and loss to Coldspring (if they indeed make it)...no better group to lose to than them, and they will have beaten the best we have, but I don't think it's going to happen.

Is that really so bad? What is BAD is when you lose, you blame the refs and make excuses. You won't see that from me.
I hear you Wimbo_pro...i'm with you,I HATE EXCUSES..It is what it is,period...You take advantage of what's given to you by your opponents.Don't blame the refs..What ever happened to Wimberleys punt returner in '06..That guy ran back 3 punt return against us at the dome...He was very fast....

wimbo_pro
11-05-2011, 03:25 PM
I hear you Wimbo_pro...i'm with you,I HATE EXCUSES..It is what it is,period...You take advantage of what's given to you by your opponents.Don't blame the refs..What ever happened to Wimberleys punt returner in '06..That guy ran back 3 punt return against us at the dome...He was very fast....

Yep...and he is still playing ball in his senior year this year...I forget where. You guys came back from a 20-0 deficit in the 1st quarter!! Impressive!!! Still have bad dreams about that game...hope you guys win and we can get a chance at redemption!!

Los Owls
11-05-2011, 03:36 PM
Yep...and he is still playing ball in his senior year this year...I forget where. You guys came back from a 20-0 deficit in the 1st quarter!! Impressive!!! Still have bad dreams about that game...hope you guys win and we can get a chance at redemption!!
Funny how we are talking about '06 and i'm wearing a playoff shirt right now that has,Hondo 13-0 vs Wimberley 12-1,Regional Finals..at the ALAMODOME,Dec.8.2006...Well,when you guys scored 20 on us,it was like,do we leave now or what but,this was an Owl team that we knew would be pretty good when we saw them make the playoffs in '05 and beat Sinton in the 1st rd...

wimbo_pro
11-05-2011, 03:39 PM
Funny how we are talking about '06 and i'm wearing a playoff shirt right now that has,Hondo 13-0 vs Wimberley 12-1,Regional Finals..at the ALAMODOME,Dec.8.2006...Well,when you guys scored 20 on us,it was like,do we leave now or what but,this was an Owl team that we knew would be pretty good when we saw them make the playoffs in '05 and beat Sinton in the 1st rd...

LOL..well, go out and win next week and lets go for a rematch!!!!

Tejastrue
11-05-2011, 03:43 PM

What?

Must be some sort of code lbjacj...:eek:

Sportshack
11-05-2011, 03:44 PM

I believe that Richard Samuels is playing at Texas Southern University and is doing pretty well in his senior year. he gave Wimberley a chance at a comeback that game but it was not to be.

Sportshack
11-05-2011, 03:53 PM

Cocky hell...I am worried about Taylor who has scored 50 or more points in last couple of games. I think a lot of folks are dismissing them out of hand. But I am a worrier by nature. People just read the boards, watch the news and try to catch a few games to get an idea of how teams stack up. Wimbo Pro's is supporting his team and saying that they should be favored to win the region...hey someone has to be favored and the Texans are a very reasonable choice. Does Lombardi think someone else should be favored? Who would that be...Gonzalez, Devine, Hondo, Ingleside, Sinton, Liberty Hill, Sam Houston...based on what YOU know?

Los Owls
11-05-2011, 04:13 PM
Owls will not overlook Gonzales...When your 10-0 and shutout Sam Houston and Cuero...Hmm,you woud be CrAzY to over lookthis guys...:eek:

wimbo_pro
11-05-2011, 04:18 PM
Cocky hell...I am worried about Taylor who has scored 50 or more points in last couple of games. I think a lot of folks are dismissing them out of hand. But I am a worrier by nature. People just read the boards, watch the news and try to catch a few games to get an idea of how teams stack up. Wimbo Pro's is supporting his team and saying that they should be favored to win the region...hey someone has to be favored and the Texans are a very reasonable choice. Does Lombardi think someone else should be favored? Who would that be...Gonzalez, Devine, Hondo, Ingleside, Sinton, Liberty Hill, Sam Houston...based on what YOU know?

True Sportshack...I am sure our coaches are taking Taylor very seriously. We, the fans, have the luxury of looking over any team we choose...our jobs don't depend on it!! LOL I suspect we will have a solid performance with the latest MoJo in tact. This bodes badly for Taylor.

LV_Bearfan
11-05-2011, 09:19 PM
Here are some results...

The gap has closed a lot more than you might think.

Gone Fishing
11-05-2011, 09:21 PM

Think you must be talking about Buse. He also was a running back and LB. He played today for Sam Houston against Texas State. This is his last year to be able to play.

Gone Fishing
11-05-2011, 09:36 PM
I believe that Richard Samuels is playing at Texas Southern University and is doing pretty well in his senior year. he gave Wimberley a chance at a comeback that game but it was not to be.

Your right Ss it was Samuels that night !! Buse had a semi concussion and he and the other LB were out. we couldnt stop their run up the middle and they wore down our two backups.Samuels is playing at TSU and starting I heard.

44INAROW
11-05-2011, 09:54 PM
Good Luck to the Apaches..

Gontex
11-06-2011, 06:49 AM
Good Luck to the Apaches..

Thanks 44 for the good wishes and for getting the thread back on subject. Gobblers will be back, I have no doubt. That's what makes Gonzales-Cuero such a rivalry. First of all the towns are so close, less than 35 miles separate us and the kids are always running into one another at area events. Second of all, it's always been a hard fought game. Gobblers have dominated for the last 9 years and that is most unusual. Until that run started, the series between the two schools was pretty evenly split. I think the Apaches may have even had a little lead in it. We are looking forward to representing 28AAA and I only hope we can do it as well as the Gobblers have in the past. Looking forward to getting another shot at the Owls. I don't remember what the year was, but the Owls beat the Apaches at Judson Stadium the last time the two teams met. Apaches seemed to be terribly flat that night. I don't know how much of that was due to the Owls. Should be a good matchup.

fire_it_up
11-06-2011, 09:02 AM
It was 1999.

fire_it_up
11-06-2011, 09:05 AM
Los Owls, can you add a poll to this thread?

wimbo_pro
11-06-2011, 10:11 AM
Don't really have a dog in this fight, but will stick with Hondo in the hopes of getting a chance to redeem ourselves!! LOL Plus, Hondo is a Hill Country town like Wimberley, and Hondo has such a storied past when it comes to football, you just gotta respect that.

With that said, what is Gonzales past history in the play offs? How long have they been 3a?

warhorsejoe
11-06-2011, 10:39 AM
Don't really have a dog in this fight, but will stick with Hondo in the hopes of getting a chance to redeem ourselves!! LOL Plus, Hondo is a Hill Country town like Wimberley, and Hondo has such a storied past when it comes to football, you just gotta respect that.

With that said, what is Gonzales past history in the play offs? How long have they been 3a?

i know what you mean, nothing better then a good ass redemption game. Sometimes it's just better to let the chips fall where they fall. If you get that chance, then good for you. Hondo is well coached and they have all their starters back that beat Sinton 28-0 this year. Those starters where gassed out in the second half. I see Hondo winning this game. So you might get what you want.

I say:

Hondo 21
Gonzales 12